fishers64

OOC: Relevant canon facts: rookie Stormer was a giant nerd.

IC: Ken Render - Mission Control

Render stood up to look at the console he was working on, to see if anything was lighting up or, better yet, functional. He could see a bunch of ships around the asteroid, that wasn't surprising. There was one, though, a Hero ship of an incredibly old model flying in. He absently tapped the name of the Hero registered to be on board: Andrea Plume. Plume, Plume... where'd he heard that before? Why were they flying a-

Realisation hit him.

~

IC: Ken Render and Dorothy Quark - Flashback, Quark's Quarters, Many Years Ago

Render, called into Quark's office about training scheduling, waited until his leader's back was turned, and then casually nudged a holographic transmitter from her desk into his palms. His hands were a little stained with engine oil, so he wiped them clean before going to open it. It looked like a device normally used to display photographs, and sure enough, a hologram popped up showing an image he definitely wasn't expecting. He gave a single, uncontrollable, bark of laughter, which caused Quark to look back and narrow her eyes at him.

"Put that back," she said, though with no real menace nor disdain in her tone. He set it on the desk and continued to stare. It was an image of a few of the veteran Heroes from the first days of Hero Factory, Quark included, but from the shine and make of their armour he guessed they were still rookies.

"Why do y'all look like a buncha galoots?" Render grinned.

The photo was of four Heroes, three of which Render recognised. There was Stormer, though he stood in a salute that was too stiff with his chest stuck so far out that it almost looked painful. The pockets on his belt all seemed to have pocket protectors in them. Wolfe, a friend of Quark's, was standing with his back to the camera with a lopsided sneer over his shoulder, showing off his leather jacket with the words "LONE WOLFE" across the shoulderblades, a goofy-looking wolf head below it, and across the back, the words "LADIE KILLER". Quark had her blaster out and was using it in what she seemed to think was a cool pose at the time while she squinted menacingly at the camera. She looked like she'd gotten dust in her optical receptors in the middle of an interpretive dance routine.

"It was... a different time," said Quark.

He pointed to the last Hero in the photograph, one he didn't recognise. She was standing slightly off to the side of Quark, arms folded, shoulders hunched, head down and face snarling. She had metallic wings which were haphazardly painted black, and she wore a lot of black accessories. "Who's that?"

Quark glanced, and then tutted. "Oh, hold on a moment. I have a much nicer photo of her."

She flicked through briefly before setting it down on the desk before him. This picture was of Quark and this mystery Hero, both seemingly older. This time, Quark was standing normally with her friend, who was no longer dressed in black. Even her wings were back to their original colour. Quark said, "Andrea Plume. Old friend of mine. She's... off on a mission right now."

"Never've seen her. When'd she go?"

"A... few years ago."

~

IC: Ken Render - Mission Control - Present Day

"Andrea Plume," he breathed. Yeah, that was it. "But... she's been gone long fifty years by now."

He started pressing buttons, retreating to the machine's open side every few seconds. This couldn't be right.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic Crystal TV Room

"Sorry," he said. "We kind of just threw rocks at them."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 4

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Marrow - Getting Angry

Marrow had kept one eye on the punk with the gun and jumped to the side when he fired again. It gave one blood-freezing hiss as a last warning at its attacker before crunching down on the piece of Quaza in its hand a bit too forcefully and shattering the crystal to powder.

IC: Night Stalker - Quaza Vault

Night Stalker raises his gun to fire again, then pauses.  This thing would be a great weapon against Hero Factory.  Even if the heroes take it out quickly it'll be outta our gears.  He lowers his gun and says, "We need this quaza to power this ship.  If eat it we'll be stuck floating in space.  If you don't we'll be able to take you somewhere else with even more quaza."

GM IC: FOCUS [Kestrel, Space]

Focus was about to respond when the planet suddenly blasted away; he was shocked into silence for a long moment, but as neither the Kestrel nor the civilian ship appeared to have been damaged by it (yet), he continued,

"This is the Hero Factory vessel Kestrel."

IC: Alex Drift - Mission Control

Drift reluctantly turned away from the Mission Operator and walked over to Zib. "W-What do ya need me to do?"

IC: Marrow - Traferous's Quaza Vault

Marrow paused, its blade still partially embedded in Quaza. The guy who'd tried shooting at it had stopped at its warning hiss and was now blabbing some gibberish it couldn't make heads or tail of; was he trying to reason with it? Marrow carefully extracted its arm from the Quaza and eyed him warily. Maybe he was offering it a different food source? 

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Marrow Traferous's Quaza Vault

The one talking gestured at the Quaza and shook its head. Do not eat. That was easy enough to comprehend. Marrow even recognized one of the words it said: "Surv".

So the guy with the gun-arm was saying if it stopped eating they would serve it different food. That sounded alright as long as they gave it Heroes or just plain old Quaza Stone. Marrow stepped away from the Quaza to show that it was listening.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Striker:

"You got it bud."

Twenty minutes later, the two were eating cheap tasty food at the nearest Mechano's. The restaurant was easily the most popular in the galaxy.

Striker was suddenly struck by inspiration. It was little known, but Striker was an avid user of Hero book. It was the one luxury he truly enjoyed. Mechano's notwithstanding.

He grabbed his helmet off the table.

"Hey, Amayika, c'mere a sec."

CLICK

The photo of striker and a somewhat startled Makuro lookalike went up on the net, with the following caption:

'Having lunch with the big man himself! #builttobethebest #webuildheroes'

The picture, having apparently the creator of Hero Factory in it, quickly went viral.

IC Kat:

I let go, and sat back, letting Isaac work.

"Was anyone hurt?"

• Upvote 2

OOC: Ship profile time. I'll add it to Wolfe's page if approved.

Ship: Lois (Low Orbit Ion System) is a modified, vintage, chrome-plated jumpship. A large, black, HF logo adorns the bow, as well as 'Lois' meticulously hand painted in black next to the right wing.

Size: Small (seats three people)

Pilot(s): Wolfe

NPCs Onboard: None

Communications Systems: Access to all HF channels and most civilian frequencies.

Navigation and Drive: Has access to all HF starmaps and charting systems. Average sensor array. Cockpit is arranged with the pilot in front, passenger in the middle, and gunner in back.

Weapons/Armor: Standard plasma gun (which requires a brief cooldown period after excessive use) built into the hull below the bow/cockpit, as well as two wing-mounted laser guns (added by Wolfe). Armor plating is light but durable, and is backed up by a standard shielding system.

Propulsion Systems: Moderately agile, and considerably fast for a refurbished antique. Possesses both an overhauled sublight ion engine and a custom hyperdrive unit (commissioned by Wolfe) propelling the ship via two large thrusters.

Land vs. Dock: Can land on any solid surface with relative ease. Landing gear is also outfitted with gravitation clamps for low-to-zero-gravity landings.

Notes: This model was originally meant to act as a posh commuter craft for short trips between planets and whatever space stations orbit them. Considering its age, Lois is slightly more likely to break down than the rest of HF's fleet.

Approved. 

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM (W/SILVIA RAINE)

"I suppose," the villain said. He was wondering if the civilian was going to shoot him, but made no reaction. He didn't exactly have any weapons or the money to buy them at the moment, and he didn't think she would shoot an unarmed man. 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO (W/THE CREATOR)

"The planets of the galaxy don't answer to us," Mr. Makuro said cautiously. "We just protect civilians from criminals and miscrants. That's what this organization is about. And it's a private company, not a government."

GM IC BRAIN MASTER (W/MAX VALE)

The Brain Master looked at him. "I don't see how you could, even if you wanted to. And it would do you some good to show the rightful ruler of the galaxy some proper respect."

The ship chirped. "The Hero Factory has been freed, sir. And it appears that it is open to attack." 

The brain master sighed. "We should refuel before engaging again, but if we can easily defeat the place this time..."

"Ship's energies are at 18%, sir."

GM NPC ZIB

"Forget it," Zib said. "Forget what I said." He looked over at Ken Render. "Keep working on the computers. I think we just lost our shield. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous smiled with unabashed glee. While he couldn't help but feel a sickness in the pit of his stomach that he was doing himself a disservice, nothing made him happier than uncontrolled death and destruction. Well, except for pleasing his associates and guests. And he was about to give them a rare treat. 

"All right, everyone!" he said enthusiastically. "The Hero Factory failsafe shield is down! This is the moment we have been waiting for, the destruction of Hero Factory! If anyone wants to try their hand at a weapon or take a dropship to catch any fleeing Heroes, feel free! Otherwise, enjoy the spectacle!" 

GM NPC CIVILIANS (TALKING TO THE KESTRAL)

"Okay," the captain said. "We're not in need of Hero Factory assistance right now. Thanks for checking in." 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Orukam Amayika - Mechano's, With Striker

Amayika barely managed a smile for the camera, albeit a slightly startled one. He said- in Makuro's voice, as he'd switched back on the ride over- "Give me some warning next time, Hero!"

~

"Aw, nuts 'n bolts!" He hurdled over the console, the mystery of Andrea Plume put aside for now as he started work on the machine that triggered the fail safe shield. "Must've been knocked around a lil' too much. I'll see what I can do from here. Land sakes, if it's the generators..."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM (W/SILVIA RAINE)

"I suppose," the villain said. He was wondering if the civilian was going to shoot him, but made no reaction. He didn't exactly have any weapons or the money to buy them at the moment, and he didn't think she would shoot an unarmed man. 

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup, Street. 

"Anyway, I suppose you're here in response to my offer of safe passage off this rock?" she prompted. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"All right, everyone!" he said enthusiastically. "The Hero Factory failsafe shield is down! This is the moment we have been waiting for, the destruction of Hero Factory! If anyone wants to try their hand at a weapon or take a dropship to catch any fleeing Heroes, feel free! Otherwise, enjoy the spectacle!" 

IC: Mr Vyle/Crowley - Traferous' Ship.

"What weapons do you have that need manning?" Vyle grinned, exalting in the moment of his triumph. Crowley remained silent, watching the chaos unfolding on screen. After all these months of running and hiding from heroes, was he truly about to witness their annihilation? 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO (W/THE CREATOR)

"The planets of the galaxy don't answer to us," Mr. Makuro said cautiously. "We just protect civilians from criminals and miscrants. That's what this organization is about. And it's a private company, not a government."

IC: The Creator - Hero Factory.

"Liar. You protect civilians of your own creation, from villains of your own creation, using military police of your own creation." He shook his head, seeming almost disappointed. "But I suppose, as the oldest living robot on record, you've had quite a long time to practice your lies." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Marrow Traferous's Quaza Vault

The one talking gestured at the Quaza and shook its head. Do not eat. That was easy enough to comprehend. Marrow even recognized one of the words it said: "Surv".

So the guy with the gun-arm was saying if it stopped eating they would serve it different food. That sounded alright as long as they gave it Heroes or just plain old Quaza Stone. Marrow stepped away from the Quaza to show that it was listening.

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker grinned.  So it could understand him, at least somewhat.  He nodded encouragingly at Marrow, then radioed to the bridge.  "Hey boss.  I got it to stop eating your quaza, on the condition that we would give it more food.  We drop it at hero factory now while that attack is going on and it could cause a ton of havoc down there.  It'd get to eat it's fill and kill heroes at the same time.  Win win."

IC: Captor

The canine hero looked around for some way to perhaps delay or even stop these villains from destroying the factory. And if everything else were to fail, at least he could send a signal to the hero factory warning them of the impending danger.

IC: Andrea Plume

Andrea calmly approached the Hero Factory on her old dropship, half expecting some new unexplained random diabolus ex machina to appear out of nowhere. Seemed just about right for the kind of a week she'd been having.

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, Crash Site.

Smoke wafted in a lazy trail away from the crumpled wreckage of the Old Timer and the enemy ship it had quite literally tangled with. The barely-alive form of Reginald was half-slumped, half-dangling from the shattered shell of cracked glass that had once been the cockpit, his enhanced durability having saved him from being killed in the two crashes. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ZIB 

"Try the backup shield generators," Zib suggested to Ken Render. "We upgraded them not too long ago, but as I recall we never fully disconnected the old ones. Give it a try." 

GM IC KEN RENDER

Ken Render would find, indeed, two sets of circuit boards in the damaged shield controller. The new set was definitely more sophisticated, with a more detailed control set that Zib had been using. Still, if the newer shield generators were damaged, this might buy him time to fix them.

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM

"Exactly."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous paused. One of the assets of the ship's design was that it was designed to be controlled by him, entirely, from the bridge or any of the three control rooms. But that didn't mean that two or three people couldn't control the systems too. He gestured from right to left. 

But first..."Excellent idea," he said to Night Stalker. "Can someone fetch Adam West from containment? I think he would be the perfect person to drive our little present down...unless you would like to drive yourself, Night Stalker." 

He then turned back to the weapons banks. "This is the bomb bay doors. I think I will be operating those - touch screen to select the best one, we have some good ones, and to fire. It's a bit slow, though, which is why we have these grenade launchers - they are much faster. Below these are the machine guns - we probably won't need those, but just in case. Then we have the laser banks - you turn the knobs to build up power - he turned a few - and the lights come on, and then you press a button to fire them." He then pressed the button. "We also have plasma cannons and energy launchers over here, and shell cannons, and these cute flamethrowers - but we probably won't need those."

He smiled deviously as three lasers arced out of the sky, hitting the side of the Hero Factory and leaving a considerable smoking hole.

He then grinned, firing the engines and began turning the craft around the asteroid, humming a bit. He knew that from below it would appear as if three laser cannons had appeared from the sky, fired, and then disappeared. 

GM IC CAPTOR

Captor had several options, as it were. Traferous had designed his control panels well, but an energy strike could damage them, cutting off the access of Traferous to his weapons, or at least that particular set. If the dog started a fight in the chamber, he might be able to stop the group from firing anything at all. On the other hand, he was badly outnumbered. 

There was a communications call button on the other side of Traferous' panel, near where Fravi was sitting. However, Captor did not have to use it - Mission Control was only a few yards below. Unfortunately, that particular organization seemed to be distracted right now. If Captor could manage to leave the room, he could probably send a message and alert them to his position. 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"I find that preposterous," said Mr. Makuro. "I am a civilian like all of the others, and I formed this organization in response to many villains that were here before me."

Mr. Makuro wondered if the being in front of him would call that lies too. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Captor

Captor thought about whether or not his signal to hero factory could be picked up by the villains. If the villains could pick up his signal, then sending it would be a bad course of action, and only be saved in case he could not accomplish any other means of sabotaging the plot of the villains. 

IC: Andrea Plume

Andrea managed to roll her ship out of the way of the large beam before it hit her, and watched in horror as it blasted into the side of the factory. Where in the world had that beam come from? Andrea looked over her scanners, rewinding the sensor logs back to the moment the blast was fired. Several cannons appeared out of the sky, fired, and then disappeared. This could only mean one thing. A cloaked ship. Very close to the factory. Uh oh...

"Good plan." He began transferring control over to the older generators. "Jus' one thing after another today, isn't it?"

OOC: Does the factory have any anti-aircraft/spacecraft weaponry?

OOC: Yes, it does. Mr. Makuro has stupendously been suggesting that they use the cannons he installed on the roof for awhile now (they are recessed to hide them from the public eye). The thing is, they are like Traferous' weapons - they need the shield to be lowered to be any good, and Zib has been refusing to lower the shield. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Bloody heck, I'm gonna have to work fast, ain't I? 

IC: Jimmy Abacus 

Jimmy felt the factory rattle as the blast hit them. "What the heck was that?" He quickly accessed the sensors, and rolled them back to the time of the blast, noticing some cannons uncloaking, firing, and then cloaking again. "We have another enemy ship! A cloaked one! But if we act fast, we could hit them back. Where are those cannons Makuro mentioned?" Jimmy quickly accessed all of the factory's systems, frantically searching for those cannons, and finding them located on the roof. "Well hello beautiful. Come to daddy." Jimmy activated their deployment protocols, and set in the firing coordinates as slightly higher than where the cannons had appeared, and compensating for the ship's momentum by calculating them from where the cannons were moving. "Alright, let's see how this goes." He fired all cannons at what he hoped was the location of the enemy ship.

OOC: I'm just trying to do what I can to assist with the situation, if you want me to edit the post, just say so.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Nimius Ardor

Nimius watched Breaker struggle on to fight, and almost felt sorry for him. "Alright, that's enough! You're in no condition to fight any more, and you know it! Give up and we can end this farce before I'm forced to destroy you!" Nimius spun his sword in his hand, not letting his guard down.

IC: Breaker

"Heh... We all know you are far too drained to carry on much longer. Putting out that much energy has taken it's toll on you, whereas we still have two cores left..." I stand right in front of Nimius, towering over him. "And are prepared to defend ourselves. I won't reiterate my prior warning, You've made your final mistake, and cost us dearly. We will make you pay in full." I slash forcefully with both swords at Nimius, followed by a vicious kick.

bBhcfWO.png

"Oh please-" Nimius began as he easily jumped backwards out of the way of Breaker's sluggish attacks. "I'm not nearly even half empty yet. You think those little sparks of flame were me straining myself? If I emptied myself all out, I would destroy the entire factory. You, how ever, I barely even need a registrable percentage of my power to beat into the ground." With the last word of his sentence, Nimius suddenly burst into blue fire, and he charged at Breaker, his sword also burning viciously. He was going to lunge in, and take a quick swipe at Breaker's torso, before kicking into him with his burning feet.

IC Jade Riley:

As the gunship plummeted through the atmosphere, Jade made all her usual preflight checks. Mostly to ensure everything was in good working order, and the engine's were still functioning.

She glanced back.

But it was also fun to see the two clearly nervous passengers she currently carried. 

Especially the big dark one. 

truth be told, Jade knew her ship was ready to fly, but a few extra seconds of her flipping odd switches and not apparently getting ready to keep them from crashing to see that jerk get panicky would be worth it. 

IC Max Vale:

not sure I like the looks of this guy, bro.

"me, too, Aniki...."

"Rightful ruler, huh? pretty bold claim, from a guy whose ship can't even seem to save itself from crashing..... even after a boost of Spiral energy...."

IC Kat:

"That's good....."

IC: Var Vicious

"Any time now, droid..." Var said, with no obvious nervousness in their voice.

Nimius easily parried Breaker's sluggish sword strike with his sword, stepping back and blasting Breaker with fire while also retreating further, leaping backwards to get some distance. "Yes, a shame. I admit you've put up a brave fight in the face of my power, but it ends now." Nimius punched the floor, but instead of a ring, Nimius now made the entirety of the floor under Breaker, in a massive radius around the villain, explode into intense flames.

Edited by Toa Onaku

Nimius easily parried Breaker's sluggish sword strike with his sword, stepping back and blasting Breaker with fire while also retreating further, leaping backwards to get some distance. "Yes, a shame. I admit you've put up a brave fight in the face of my power, but it ends now." Nimius punched the floor, but instead of a ring, Nimius now made the entirety of the floor under Breaker, in a massive radius around the villain, explode into intense flames.

How is Nimius still in such top form? The fight has been dragging on forever. He might not be as wounded as Breaker, but he shouldn't be feeling that good.

IC: Breaker

I roll to the side to avoid Nimius' fire attack, before diving and rolling towards him to avoid his second attack, landing in front of him. I then slash with one sword, followed by a kick, and violently slashing with the other sword.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

OOC: Um..... okay, something that's been bothering me, Luroka. I can get behind launching multiple simultaneous attacks, cause many arms and such, but assuming that you can successfully launch all of these different attacks with the same weapon is a little extreme, isn't it? If the first attack was blocked, it would throw the entire flow out of whack, making those other attacks impossible to have even happened.

Fight scenes go one, maybe two moves at a time, generally. :/

IC Jade Riley:

"Tell me how to do my job again, see what happens," she shot back.