fishers64

OOC: So the ship sped up that much after firing the cannons? Because I did mention compensating for the ship's movement.

OOC: How could he tell? The ship uncloaked the cannons, fired, recloaked them, then moved at high speed around the asteroid in a wide turn. Unless Jimmy can move at and have reaction times close to the speed of sound, I'm not sure how...

• Upvote 2

OOC: You mean to say that it went from supersonic speeds to no movement and back to supersonic speeds in an instant? that seems a little unrealistic, doesn't it?

OOC: No. I thought it would have time to make a reasonable stop while Traferous was making his silly speech. I view it as Jimmy starting to move after the cannons fired, which would give the ship plenty of time to get out of there. 

IC: Night Stalker

"I'm not much of a pilot.  I can fly average ships but any kind of fancy maneuvers are beyond me.  I prefer shooting and blowing up things.  Tell your guy to come to the hanger, I'll meet him there with...it."

Night Stalker looked up at Marrow.  "Come on, we're going to take you to Hero Factory.  They have lots of quaza."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Dr. Lie, go. You know what to do." 

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie headed off the bridge, heading down to Adam West's prison. He wondered if Crowley was going to follow him, then decided it didn't matter. Dr. Lie would be able to find him once he got the pilot to his vessel. 

He saw Night Stalker with some strange beast down below. One quick look at its glowing quaza core and menacing glare told the doctor that the creepy villain's statement had been correct. He was glad Adam was driving, not him. 

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM

"Exactly."

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup, Street.

"Well, I don't work for free," she mused, stepping aside to let the villain aboard, "But I assume someone like you can procure some means of payment when we reach your intended destination." 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"I find that preposterous," said Mr. Makuro. "I am a civilian like all of the others, and I formed this organization in response to many villains that were here before me."

Mr. Makuro wondered if the being in front of him would call that lies too. 

IC: The Creator - Hero Factory.

"You're not just any civilian. You're the oldest, most powerful, most influential, and have your own private army to enforce your heavy-handed vision of justice throughout the galaxy," he glowered at the machine, "History is written by the winners, they say, and you've won big."

GM IC DR. LIE

He wondered if Crowley was going to follow him, then decided it didn't matter. Dr. Lie would be able to find him once he got the pilot to his vessel. 

IC: Crowley - Traferous' Ship.

The green-skinned creature lingered on the bridge, transfixed by the events unfolding on the screens before him. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM

"Of course, of course," He got on board.

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"I am an inventor, not a historian," Mr. Makuro said. "I'm simply trying to do what is right and protect the civilians from villainy." And your problem with that is?

Edited by fishers64

IC: Alex Drift - Mission Control

"Wait, there's another giant ship gunning for us now?! This day just gets better and better," Drift fumed. "First the Antropolis fiasco, then we can't even keep villains out of our own home base, the floor goes all ghost on me, my ship gets stuck in the basement, I lose my hands to some idiot rookie, and now this?! Not to mention the whole 'Destroyer" thing and Factory getting planet-ified." Steam was visibly coming off of the pilot as he stomped out of the room. He needed to think. No... he needed to fly...

Drift opened his comms to the one person he knew for sure could get him in a pilot seat.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Hero Factory Roof (Cor Solis)

Bliss had been rocked badly by the blast to the Factory, but had managed to keep the Cor Solis perched on the roof. Suddenly, a chirp from his helmet mounted comm-link informed him of an incoming call. "Yeah, who is it?"

"It's me, Drift. You took off in a hurry back there so I'm guessing your gunner seat's open, right?

Bliss chuckled, "Tired of ground work already, pal? Yeah, it's just me up here. I'm on the roof."

"Good, I'll be there in a couple minutes; don't move."

The golden Hero sat back in his chair, "I'm not going anywhere."

IC: Marrow - Traferous's Quaza Vault

Now there was word it recognized: Hero. They were going to serve it Hero.

Marrow fell into step beside its new best friend.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Closing the hatch behind her, Silvia turned back to the villain, "Now, unless you have any other associates heading this way, I'd say it's time to get out of this city."

"Civilians that you rule, from villains that they made," he spat, sickened. "It's an endless cycle. Robots who make more robots, who're policed by even more robots. And it all traces back to you." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jason Ferro- Magic Crystal Room

"You threw rocks at a force field? Has that worked for you before?"

From anyone else, a response like that would have been delivered by a voice dripping of sarcasm, but Ferro was genuinely curious. He had heard of some pretty weird things happening to other heroes before, so a force field with a weakness to rocks wasn't completely out of the question.

As he continued to pull the turbine out of the river, he noticed the force field grow smaller and smaller, until it dissipated upon reaching dry land once again.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ungrounded

The situation was getting more and more tense for Gorn by the minute. Being stuck in a room with someone who wanted to kill him while neither of them could do so was a situation that Gorn didn't often find himself in. And he hated it. What was taking the pilot so long? Judging from her smirk while glancing back at him and Var, she was delaying the ship's restart deliberately. Why she would do so, Gorn didn't know. Var seemed to be unfazed, and Gorn's helmet hid his facial expression, so she would have no way of knowing how annoyed he was by the situation. It seemed that all he could do was wait for her to finish with her petty revenge. If she wasn't going to listen to a telekinetic space wizard with a laser sword, she probably wasn't going to listen to him, either...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

"Alright, then," she nodded at Alpha to fire up the engines, then turned to the other passengers already seated, "Now, let's make one thing very clear. I don't care who any of you are - Hero, Villain, Civilian - because on this ship, it doesn't matter. I expect all of you to be respectful towards one another until you're off my ship. If you can't follow that simple rule, I'll toss you out the airlock myself." 

With that, she headed for the cockpit. "Where were you wanting me to drop you off?" she asked Black Phantom as she passed him, "I'll need to add it to the flight plan." 

"I'm someone who's watched their friends killed and their planet conquered by robots they created," he looked from Makuro to the other heroes, then back to the old man, "This entire galaxy is ruled by machines. The few organic races who still inhabit these planets are subject to your totalitarian rule, and your creators - who or what ever they were - are nowhere to be found. It's clear that what happened to my people has happened again, on a galactic scale."

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic Crystal Room

"Ah, not exactly," he said. "It does not seem to be a force field, per se. it is an electric field- things that touch it are shocked. This was decimating the native wildlife in the area- either they were killed by the field, or stunned and thus unable to swim from the pullof the rotating blades. Rocks, being unaffected by this sort of thing, passed through harmlessly."

Upon seeing the turbines stop, he said, "That works too. No power, no field, I suppose. Are you all right carrying those?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Luroka, we already established that Breaker is in no shape to charge at Nimius. Following that thought, it seemed reasonable to me, that the same damage to his joints that's preventing him from running is also preventing him from speedily attacking any more. In fact, him not being that damaged seems rather unreasonable to me.

Also, Lucina, this fight has been dragging on for a while, yes, but remember that Nimius has a special thermo-nuclear quazadite core which gives him much more endurance than the average hero, and allows him to last much longer. 

IC: Nimius Ardor

Nimius simply jumped out of the way of the first few attacks before parrying and attempting a disarming counter-move on the last attack.

OOC: Luroka, we already established that Breaker is in no shape to charge at Nimius. Following that thought, it seemed reasonable to me, that the same damage to his joints that's preventing him from running is also preventing him from speedily attacking any more. In fact, him not being that damaged seems rather unreasonable to me.

Also, Lucina, this fight has been dragging on for a while, yes, but remember that Nimius has a special thermo-nuclear quazadite core which gives him much more endurance than the average hero, and allows him to last much longer. 

IC: Nimius Ardor

Nimius simply jumped out of the way of the first few attacks before parrying and attempting a disarming counter-move on the last attack.

And what are the downsides that come with such a clear upgrade over other Hero characters?

Your character is fighting somebody powered by multiple cores - if you're expecting his character to be running low on steam (wounds aside), yours should be as well. You can't just no-sell every attack made against you just because your character is "more powerful".

OOC: I'm not expecting anything regarding the status of his power cores. Those do not concern me. It is the damage to the mechanics of his body themselves that do. Such as the joints. It doesn't matter if he had all his power cores functional and at full capacity, if his joints are damaged, he shouldn't be able to move quickly regardless.

OOC: Since everyone's pitching in, I guess I'll throw in my two cents, too. 

Your character is fighting somebody powered by multiple cores - if you're expecting his character to be running low on steam (wounds aside), yours should be as well. 

I could be wrong about this one, but I was kind of under the impression that Breaker required the multiple cores just to keep his much larger, heavier prototype body and plethora of fancy weaponry running properly.

OOC: What are his joints damaged by? He hasn't really taken significant physical impacts, and most of the heat has been absorbed by his now-melted armor.

Back when Nimius was first put up for approval, I did a fair amount of research into the melting points of various metals, and the kind of stuff that's used for wiring and circuitry - aluminium, copper and so on - melt far more easily than the materials Hero armour would presumably be made of - steel, iron, titanium, etc.

So if this guy's been so badly roasted that all of his thick, heavy armour has completely melted off, then all of his internal components should be utterly fried as well. That sort of thing probably would've melted before the armour even did. 

Now, I'm not trying to say the way Nimius is no-selling everything is in any way fair, but I honestly don't see how Breaker could be in any condition to continue fighting in the first place. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

OOC: Von Nebula's ghost hardly strikes me as the kind of character to face Nimus - Nimus would just burn him up in 10 seconds.

On the other hand, I think we can agree that while both Nimus and Breaker are OP characters, and that both are using completely unfair RPing strategies - they are both fighting each other. Therefore, as long as they don't involve any other characters in some unfair way, perhaps the best punishment I can inflict is to let them keep battling until one of them gets bored and dies.

• Upvote 4

OOC: While that is an amusing prospect, I agree that it's not very responsible. Because if/when other players are forced to become involved, they'll have to deal with all of this unrealistic nonsense as well. 

• Upvote 3

IC: Jason Ferro- Magic Crystal Room

"Yeah. One at a time, though. If I carry them both at once, I'll probably end up dropping them."

Using magnetism to levitate the generator above his hand, Ferro started back towards the tunnel.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Must... hold back... sarcasm...

In all seriousness, my opinion is that they should both be retconned out of existence altogether, or, at the very least, just say Breaker was captured and tell both Onaku and Luroka that they have to go back and rewrite their profiles before they can resume interacting with anyone else.

In addition to the second option, provided it is the more popular one, of course, I'd also suggest considering finding some way to permanently maim or otherwise cripple their characters, just so that their owners have a constant reminder that they should play fair.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Booya, green light for Wolfe's mid-life crisis nerd-mobile ship!

Also waiting to hear back from Masterchirox (via Zippy), but I may just have Helen call everyone back to the Tower...

OOC: Sorry about my disappearance. I couldn't find any posts relating to Quake (must have looked harder). Anyway so what's going on exactly (at least in terms of what will happen to my character)? 

It's time to move on.

OOC: I've been thinking about this and I'm not entirely sure Breaker is as OP as we're making him out to be:

Luroka joins the RPG with Breaker.

Breaker spends a lot of time trying to break into Hero Factory.

Once he finally gets inside, he's immediately confronted by the most powerful character in the game (no offense, Traferous).

Luroka begins using unfair fighting techniques because he doesn't want Breaker to get killed in his first fight.

Even using unfair fighting techniques, Breaker still gets melted into scrap.

Now if we had seen Breaker go up against a normal Hero and fight like this, I'd say we retcon or null him, but I don't think the battle with Ardor is sufficient proof that Breaker is an unfair character.

On the other hand, we definitely need to do something about Ardor. Right now, any villains headed towards Hero Factory might as well just start writing themselves as puddles of goo.

(R.I.P. Marrow  :( )

• Upvote 2

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC:

Actually..... he fought against Kat first.

And she had to push her abilities to their absolute limit before doing any real damage to breaker.

During said fight, KAt had given him several chances to surrender. He refused. 

Even after sustaining heavy damage, when told to surrender by Nimius, he continued to fight.

So it's not like Breaker hasn't had plenty of chances t back down or finish the fight without being completely roasted.

Frankly, it was already out of hand when Kat fought against him, and this is just escalation.

• Upvote 2

OOC: Booya, green light for Wolfe's mid-life crisis nerd-mobile ship!

Also waiting to hear back from Masterchirox (via Zippy), but I may just have Helen call everyone back to the Tower...

OOC: Sorry about my disappearance. I couldn't find any posts relating to Quake (must have looked harder). Anyway so what's going on exactly (at least in terms of what will happen to my character)? 

OOC: No worries! Wolfe was simply asking Quake whether or not he and the other villains on Mekron were sent there by somebody. Quake will probably be taken to Villain Storage soon.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Actually, if I recall the situation correctly, Breaker confronted both Riot and Kathrine first, and Luroka was still playing unfairly even back then. First, he blocked Riot's shots with his swords while his attention was focused on Kathrine, despite Riot being both behind him and in mid-air, and when his explanation as to how he did so was pointed out to be unlikely, Luroka then proceeded to ignore them altogether instead of editing in a proper response. Lynn did, however, give him multiple chances to surrender (which he refused), things progressed to the point where Fishers had to step in to null a few posts soon afterwards, and the fight eventually ended with Kathrine effectively taking herself out in an attempt to significantly damage him.

Then Nimius became involved, and things only got worse from there.

Given that this has already happened before with two non-OP characters, I'd say that's more than enough proof to either have him retconned entirely, force his profile to be rewritten, or at the very least, share the same fate as Ardor.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: On a somewhat non-OP note, I just finished the MoC for the character who will most likely be submitted in place of Wraith, so an actual profile might be up soon, even though I still don't think that she, nor her potential faction, will fit in too well due to the nesting doll thing going on between Makuhero City and Dfer's currently unidentified planet.

I sincerely hope that none of you have coulrophobia...

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: Unlike Nimius, I don't think Breaker himself is actually particularly OP. There are other characters roughly as big as he is, other characters with as many or more weapons as him. It's just that he's being played in unfair and unrealistic ways.

Despite being far bigger and heavier and more heavily armed than other heroes - to the point where he requires a whole bunch of extra cores just to remain functional - he's jumping and rolling and dodging like a ninja, leaping several times his own height into the air, and blocking attacks he could not have possibly seen coming, before retaliating with multiple attacks in a single post. Despite having his armour completely melted away, a number of his cores taken offline, and a number of his limbs removed, his internal components remain undamaged, his movements unhindered, and for some reason, he doesn't seem to be feeling any pain whatsoever from his injuries. 

So while I agree that Onaku's use of Nimius to his full OP potential wasn't the best solution to this problem, I'm honestly not seeing many other ways to defeat a villain who refuses to be beaten, no matter what rules of physics, thermodynamics, or common sense he has to break to ensure victory. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

OOC: Alright, this is my official apology to all players, first for indirectly causing this problem, and allowing to continue without intervening quickly.

The failsafe I normally would use for this is Traferous coming in and killing everybody, but since that's not practical here: 

GM NPC MERRICK FORTIS (VILLAIN STORAGE)

Merrick Fortis slunk into villain storage, sternly pressing a few buttons. It was then that the entire villain storage turned entirely upside down, flinging Breaker and Nimus from the ceiling to the floor. As the two fell, Breaker's sword stabbed near Nimus' core, cutting off the power to his core fire powers. 

Grinning, the Recon Team hero slung his grappling hook at Breaker, smoothly winding the villain up along the floor for a few revolutions before flinging him into a cell. Releasing his grappling hook, the leader of the Recon Team leader retracted the device, only to shoot it back at the ceiling and disappear as the villain storage flipped back over. 

OOC: GM Penalties: 

1. Nimus has lost access to his fire powers. 

2. Breaker has been captured and thrown in Hero Factory's jail, and he cannot escape until the next breakout or Hero Factory's destruction. His injuries will not be repaired. 

3. Fall damage, courtesy of Merrick Fortis. 

Let's move on. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM

"I would much prefer a visit to Mechron City." said Black Phantom. "I have a message to deliver...and I'm sure they will pay you handsomely indeed. If not, I have other options there as well."

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"Does a certain robot named Mr. Makuro rank among your creations?" Mr. Makuro said.

GM NPC JAWBLADE (HERO FACTORY FM)

Jawblade had made a few wrong guesses about elevator operation. Apparently pressing all the buttons at once was not a good strategy. Except, there were two Heroes here. "Um, there's a bunch of Destroyers trying to...er, Destroy...Villain Storage." Jawblade said. "Can either of you help?"

He then looked at The Creator.  "And, who is that guy?"

------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: So the ship sped up that much after firing the cannons? Because I did mention compensating for the ship's movement.

OOC: How could he tell? The ship uncloaked the cannons, fired, recloaked them, then moved at high speed around the asteroid in a wide turn. Unless Jimmy can move at and have reaction times close to the speed of sound, I'm not sure how...

OOC: Alright, I'm just going to edit that in the interest of non-boggery. See below: 

GM IC JIMMY ABACUS

Jimmy Abacus would find that the laser cannons would bounce off of something momentarily. The heavier-duty shell-net cannons mostly met a similar fate, having nothing to grip onto. The bomb cannons also bounced off, exploding between Makuro City and the atmosphere. 

The shell nets would tell Jimmy that the ship he was fighting was massive indeed. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS (& FRAVI)

Traferous whistled. "We are under attack. Next time, we fire everything and level that blasted building. Everyone ready?"

Fravi smiled. "Ready."

GM IC BRAIN MASTER

"Let's try this another way," the Brain Master said. "Please get off my ship. I would like this to end peaceably, but if you don't leave, I will be forced to remove you.

Edited by fishers64