fishers64

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod.

"Hostile intent?" he scoffed, having difficulty believing the conversation he was hearing, "That's cute, coming from you." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Timothy Gyro - Hero Factory Med Bay

"Oh, uh..." He glanced at his arms, which had some heat damage, and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Someone stuck a sword in Nimius, so I brought him up here. He's gonna be okay, I think. Can't keep a jerk like him down."

He tried a smile. "Guess he'll owe me big time after this, eh?"

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic TV Room

"Be careful," he warned. "We don't want to damage the room too much."

~

IC: Quark Qrew - Mekron City

Quark stared at her arm-mounted screen. That... That was a lot of damage. Her gaze flicked briefly between Quiver and Thumper before she looked back. It looked to be a very, very dangerous situation to bring her Heroes back to. She had to make sure they were safe, make sure they would live...

Thumper leaned over her shoulder. "That looks really bad! We're all done here, anyway."

Quark turned to tell her to use her own communicator, and she caught sight of the captured villain. She turned to Quiver, shaking like a leaf and covered in blood but still standing, her voice stuttering but free of sobbing or outright panic. Her Heroes had been left- with officers, to be fair, but without Hero backup, all the same- and had faced two villains, catching one.

"We'll return immediately," said Quark. "Quark out."

She glanced to the other Heroes. "There's trouble at home. Thumper, toss the villain in the hold. Make sure he's strapped in properly. Quiver, Wolfe, on board."

She glanced to Rune. "Take your ship, or climb on board mine. There's room."

OOC: Shoot, guess I'd better make a profile for Quark's ship soon. Is Drax with them, by the way?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

He gave his Hero Pod a quick once-over. Still intact, and with plenty of fuel to get him back home. "I'll take my own ride," he said decidedly, opening the pod and heaving himself inside. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Alex Drift and Gabriel Bliss - Makuhero City

Drift and Bliss descended from the wreckage of the Cor Solis down into Makuhero City proper. The city was bustling with life: citizens buying and selling this and that in the market district, cleaning drones standing on the walls and washing the already-pristine surfaces, mail service bots zipping through the air to deliver parcels of all shapes and sizes. Most of them seemed almost oblivious to the battle being waged just a short distance away. After all, this was Hero Factory; they'd been through worse. Villains tried to destroy them every other year, right?

The two grimy, smoke-stained Heroes made their way through the streets back in the direction of the Factory.

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory Medbay

Shard grabbed the sword that had been sticking out of the injured Hero as one of the medics pulled it out and started reviving him. Hardlight tech, nice.

IC: Marrow - Freefall

Marrow continued to drink out the pilot's life as they were sent spiraling into infinity. Even though it could survive falling from large heights, it decided it would be much more fun to land on top of the Hero. Marrow swung its arms, still embedded in Adam West, beneath it so that the "Hero" would break its fall.

OOC: Just a quick question about Breaker's swords: Since they're hardlight, can they be turned off to leave whoever's holding them with just the hilt?

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: He grabbed the sword that had been sticking out of the injured Hero. I didn't say he pulled it directly out of Nimius. Isaac would've either still been holding it or would have put it on a table while he did repairs.

I've edited the first post to make it a bit more clear.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Alright then.

IC: Andrea Plume

"Time-whatnow?" She asked confused. "Alright, never mind, I'm coming up there." And just as she said, Plume walked into Mission Control, surprised to see the massive damage dealt to the place. "Man, this place has seen better days..." She then approached Zib. "Alright, here I am. What can I do to help?"

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC Wolfe - Outside Mekron City Police Station:

Leaving Kavok for the moment, Wolfe took a look at the image Zib sent and grimaced under his helmet. He immediately began to worry about all of his fellow Heroes over there, and Mr. Makuro especially -- without their creator, Hero Factory would never be the same. There was also a feeling of anger rising within the old Hero at seeing his home in such a state. Things were looking bad, but Wolfe had been around too long to let anything happen to HF now. He said nothing as he climbed aboard the ship after Quark, though after he was settled he asked Zib, "So what are we up against over there?"

IC Flint - Hero Factory Hangar Bay:

He cursed at the realization that all of the remaining ships were stuck in the basement.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Timothy Gyro - Med Bay

"Huh? Oh, right." He took the device from where it was stuck to his chest, and in doing so, realised he had the other one in his hand. "Huh. Must've come loose from all that running around. Well, I suppose I saved you from having to bustle into a surgery or whatever."

He handed them back. "Thanks."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Shoot, guess I'd better make a profile for Quark's ship soon. Is Drax with them, by the way?

OOC: No, Drax has to stay behind to take care of his city. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Just so you know," Zib said. "The basement has a huge hole in it. Anyone who has a ship should go down there and get them." 

Zib then turned around, looking up at the ship on top of the Factory through the hole in the roof. He slapped the button to lower the shield. "Abacus! Fire everything you got at that thing!"

OOC: You have 24 hours before Traferous drops his bomb, destroys Hero Factory...and with it, the game SHALL END. That means you have 24 hours to stop certain doom. Good luck. (And no metagaming.) 

OOC: I doubt 24 hours is enough time, considering that most of the people who play this have other obligations to attend to.

IC: Jason Ferro- Magic Crystal Room

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

Taking careful aim, Ferro fired a single bullet at a crack in the stone, causing a small section of rock to fall off of the wall and onto the cavern floor. Seconds later, he fired at a different spot, with similar results. With each shot revealing further weaknesses in the stone, Ferro began firing faster and faster, until the cavern floor was littered with chips of stone, and the opening had been widened significantly.

• Upvote 3

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: I'm not entirely sure why THE GAME MUST END if Hero Factory were to be successfully destroyed. There's quite an extensive number of characters who are feasibly in a position to escape/survive, so I don't see what would stop them from forming an underground resistance and rebuilding Hero Factory or something. 

And giving us 24 hours to stop a bomb that we don't even know about being dropped from a ship with impenetrable shields, a near-perfect cloaking system and a gigantic crew of villains - all without metagaming - seems a nearly impossible task. Heck, even if we were metagaming it'd still be ridiculously difficult. 

It kind of feels like you want us to lose...

IC: The Creator - Outside Hero Factory. 

Stepping out of the building, he headed for his dropship. Coaxing the hatch open, he clambered inside and powered up the engine, instructing the vessel to return to its mother. Once it was safe to return, he would come back to finish his negotiations - if not with Makuro, then with whoever it was that had slain him. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Pod.

Lifting off from where he'd landed it in front of the police station, Saracen angled his Hero Pod upwards, and began to ascend out of Mechron City's atmosphere. 

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup.

As the heroes left the planet, Silvia arrived, "Anywhere in particular you wanted me to take you?" she called back to Black Phantom, as the ship dropped out of FTL and began its descent towards the city's surface. 

• Upvote 3

OOC: I meant if Drax was in the group talking to them, but Cor wrote Quark climbing on board, so the point is kinda moot anyway.

This new 24 hour thing is pretty worrying. I was planning on getting some stuff done tomorrow, but I don't want to drag Team Hero down. But I do have an idea. Fishers, can we have some details on the bomb? Like, how big it is, how it's triggered, etc.?

~

"Tim Gyro," he said to the Hero, shaking hands. His blades twitched and he ambled to a window close by. Idly, he noted its size- if he folded his wings down he could fit through. He stretched his blades idly, peering out. "Messed up stuff happening today, huh, guys?"

~

IC: Ken Render - Mission Control

Render glanced up from his work. "Andrea Plume? Friend've my team leader, I think, right? Y'know a Dorothy Quark?"

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic Crystal Room

He moved back to give Ferro and the turbine some room.

~

IC: Quark Qrew - Quark Qruiser

Thumper sat down with Wolfe after strapping the villain in. Quiver and Quark took the front seats, and they were off. It was silent for a while, and then Quiver asked, "I-Is the Hero F-Factory o-okay?"

"It'll be fine," Quark said gruffly. "In the meantime, I believe it's time for a story about a rookie named Daren Wolfe."

Quiver still seemed concerned, but Thumper cheered.

IC Max Vale:

"Oh."

A brief pause.

"Okay, bye."

He jetted out the hole he'd made earlier, and back out into space.

That other ship the brain guy had mentioned seemed to have vanished.

"Aw, man......"

IC Kathrine:

"How's the fight outside going?" I asked, hoping to hear some good news today.

OOC: Just a quick addition to my earlier OOC.

In the first post of the game, it is written:

Missions: 

Periodically, I will be bringing you, the players, assignments from Mission Control. If you are a Hero, you may choose to join the Mission, and if you complete the mission you will receive a reward. If you are a villain, you may feel free to oppose the mission in any way that you see fit, and if you successfully oppose the mission you will receive a reward. Unlike in the typical Hero Factory storyline, villains do have a chance of achieving your objectives.

This seems to quite heavily imply that both hero and villains PCs are supposed to have equal opportunity to accomplish their goals. In two out of the three missions we've had thus far in the game, one of those villainous goals has been to destroy hero factory - and that's an ambition many PC villains seem to possess regardless of it being a mission objective or not. 

But according to this new announcement, the game will end if hero factory is destroyed. That makes it exceedingly difficult for any of us to play committed, compelling villains if it means the game is over and ruined for everyone if the bad guys win even once. 

The way I see it, there's plenty of ways the game could feasibly continue even if the factory went kaboom, and if you're really set on the game ending in the event of the factory's destruction, I feel like that's information we should've been given long before now. 

IC Flint - Hero Factory:

"On it..." Flint grumbled to Zib as he climbed into position to drop down said hole. Once down there, he made for a chrome jumpship that stood lopsidedly near the back of the room, its landing gear damaged in the fall, and cockpit windshield wide open. If memory served, this was the pet project of veteran Hero Daren Wolfe; a project he had been working on for decades. All Flint cared about, however, was the custom weapons system.

The old man could murder him later.

Without hesitation, Flint slipped into the pilot's seat (after adjusting it to accommodate his larger frame) and fired the vessel up. He didn't even bother hailing Mission Control for clearance -- it was a frivolous formality at this point. The ship was out of the hole and racing out the hanger door in the time it would have taken anyway. A few moments later, he caught sight of both a Hero Pod and the massive villain ship. Comm chatter revealed that the occupants of both were simply talking and nothing more. With a scoff, Flint opened fire on the enemy vessel with his laser guns, deciding to leave the plasma cannon for any opening in the shields.

IC Wolfe - Open Space:

The vet suppressed a shudder, as though something, somewhere, had disturbed the balance of the universe.

He was quickly snapped out of it, however, at the mention of his full name. It took him a second to register what Quark had said, and when he did, he slowly crossed his arms and leaned back, giving her a mock glare as he waited (with dread) to hear what story she was about to divulge.

• Upvote 1

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Sorry, masterchirox. Since you didn't reply for a few days, we moved on. Kavok Quake is currently in cuffs, in Dorothy Quark's ship's villain hold, strapped in. he's probably not going anywhere right now. That said, he can probably call out to Wolfe from where he is.

IC: Captor

There has to be some kind of a self-destruct button around here somewhere, Captor thought to himself. He looked around for anything he could use to sabotage the ship from the inside. Anything at all. 

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy obliged, and fired all of the functional cannons at the ship Zib was talking about, aiming in a way most likely to cause the ship's completely annihilation.

IC: Lilith Specter

"Yeah... almost feels like the end of the world, doesn't it? Can't really remember a time the factory got this banged up..." Lilith looked out the same window Gyro was by, her face sombre.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Shade - Med Bay

After a skeleton and a large, impaled hero had been brought in for treatment within a few hours of each other, it became immediately apparent to Shade that he was by no means the med staff's top priority. He allowed himself to slide down the wall with his arms hugging his knees and continued to wait for a chance for his own injury to be looked at.

IC: The Scalpel - Behind the Kestral

Silke was still following the rogue hero's ship at a safe distance.

OOC: I don't really see a way for my characters to join the battle right now without metagaming. Shade is waiting for repairs and his ship is out following orders. It wouldn't make sense for the two of them to suddenly have a change of heart/plan and go do something else.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Agent Epsilon - ???

Watching from afar, Epsilon smiled as he watched the disarray that the Hero Factory had become. "You see, Delta, all we have to do is wait. Then the exiled heroes will come to us." He twirled one of his machine guns.

Edited by VahkiDane

IC: Delta

It was interesting to watch historic events unfold before one's very eyes. The destruction of the Hero Factory was a well established event in Delta's time period, and he doubted that his presence was enough to disrupt this course of events. He really hoped it wouldn't, because then he would have no future to return to, as without the factory's destruction, Project Hatchet, in his time named Hatchet Corps, would never rise to take its place as the Galaxy's protectors. Delta wondered which outcome would be better for the galaxy as a whole while he watched the destruction unfold.

IC Helen - Mission Control:

This was taking too long. Helen went to work running some scans on the villain ship via the Tower's sensor array, hoping to find something that would help the Heroes. In the meantime, she hailed Mr. Makuro, saying, "Sir, please make your way to the hangar; I'll send someone to fly you out of here."

She turned to Render for a moment. "What's the status of the shield?" Although the shield was currently down, perhaps it would give the Hero a moment to tinker with it.

Edited by FallenCor

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Captor's post is made in case the ship's shields are on. Only consider it happening if the shields on Traferous' ship are active. If not, this post should be considered nulled.

The moment Captor saw the cannons on the factory firing again, he knew what to do. He leapt at the controls of the shield disruptors and activated them, disabling the ship's shields to allow the full force of the cannons to hit the ship.

IC: Delta

The futuristic being nodded in response to Epsilon's inquiry.

OOC: It's kinda nerve-wracking to have around eight hours left to find out about and stop the bomb, and having no GM replies in the 16 hours beforehand. Hopefully we get a post from Fishers soon!

"Dunno how it's going, but it's still going," Gyro said to Scarlet.

When Specter spoke, he gave a non-committal hum, musing to himself. Despite the attackers outside, there was little he could do. He considered, briefly, flying up and just shooting his blaster at the attackers. He couldn't fly into space, of course, but at least he'd be doing something.

The thought was interrupted by the other Hero's question. "Huh? Oh, uh, not exactly. I walked in and saw him like that, no one else in sight. There was a villain stuck in a cell close by who looked pretty heat-damaged, though. Kat here was fighting that guy."

~

IC: Ken Render - Mission Control

"As good as they're gonna get," said Render to Helen. "Problem is with that darn disruptor. We have anything on its signal? Maybe we can disrupt that right back at 'em."

~

OOC: Slightly delaying a Quark post to give Quake time to respond.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Isaac Rider - Done

Isaac sighed in exhaustion, sitting down on a chair next to the medical bed. "He should be ok in a couple of hours." Claws hovered next to him, making a chirping noise that seemed almost worried. "I'm fine Claws, I just need to rest." Rider replied. 

IC: Agent Epsilon - ???

"Good. Then we both know who to go for when the time is right." Epsilon smiled again.

Edited by VahkiDane

IC: Jason Ferro- Magic Crystal Room

Ferro decided not to tempt fate by trying to twirl his pistols, instead quietly holstering them before picking up the turbine, and taking it through the opening.

OOC: I wonder if Fishers is simply tired of hosting the RPG, and wants to end the game as quickly as possible.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Max Vale:

Sensors still scanning the system, suddenly, a huge cannon fired from the asteroid, and something flared in the reaches of space. 

Bro! That spot! I'm picking up big readings! That must be-

"I'm on it!"

Green energy surrounded the mech, and the drill arm revved up to maximum.

"You ready, Aniki?!"

You bet! Let's show these guys how gattai works! Spiral power is pushing the limits!

"Pushing past our limits to do the impossible! That's how we roll!"

The drill grew in size, becoming implausibly large, three times the size of Aniki in width at it's base, and five times the length.

"GIGA! DRILL! BREAKER!"

The drill spinning fully, the entirety of the small mech was engulfed in green energy as Spiral energy flowed all around it, pushing it's capabilities past conventional limits, faster and and faster, as it moved through the fabric of space at incredible speeds, drill spinning in it's trademark spiral, to chew an enormous hole in Traferous' ship.

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

OOC: Like a lightsaber, with a cross guard. (Not the Kylo Ren kind, one designed for blocking regular blades).

OOC: I wonder if Fishers is simply tired of hosting the RPG, and wants to end the game as quickly as possible.

OOC: There's plenty of easier, better ways for her to do that than giving us 24 hours to accomplish an impossible objective, then not give us any GM posts at all during those  24 hours. 

The moment Captor saw the cannons on the factory firing again, he knew what to do. He leapt at the controls of the shield disruptors and activated them, disabling the ship's shields to allow the full force of the cannons to hit the ship.

IC: Mr Vyle - Traferous' Ship.

Spotting the dog creature's movements, he whirled towards it, drawing his sidearm. His first shot was aimed at the shield disruptor's control panel, intended to disable the weapon and bring the shields back online, while the second was aimed at the treacherous mechanical creature itself. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

IC: The Creator - New Dawn.

The hangar's maw arched open, allowing the dropship to sweep inside and nestle itself back into one of the alcoves in the wall. Once the mouth had closed and the hangar pressurised and oxygenated, he emerged from the dropship and headed back up towards the bridge. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Crowley - Traferous' Ship.

He continued down towards the hangar, hoping there'd be a ship he could make off in if it became necessary, with controls he could actually figure out how to use...

OOC: Less than half an hour to go now. Oof. Well, I have a plan but it's a last ditch plan in the event that the bomb is dropped, depending on what kind of bomb it is. Worst comes to worst, we can try that plan.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Magic Crystal Room

"Nice work! We'll be finished here in no time." He smiled at Ferro.

~

He squinted, opened the window, and leaned out to peer up at the battle raging overhead. "What the...?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl