fishers64

OOC: Ugh...

Would removing the effect on the sword be enough to prevent me from having to get rid of anything else? Because I've already voiced my displeasure over the idea of potentially disassembling her, and right now, it's honestly starting to feel like I'm just wasting my time trying to get her approved again when I could be coming up with another profile entirely.

Also, Dane, for the record, I only left as a player, not as an observer. Despite my current inability to write up an approvable profile, you people aren't getting rid of me that easily.

Lastly, Vicarth has a point. As someone who hasn't even remotely attempted an action that other people would've taken issue with since I joined, it's extremely frustrating to effectively become benched and handed three consecutive denials while stuff like the battle against Breaker is occuring in-game, and I think that a lot of other players would agree with that if they found themselves in my position. Now, I'm not saying that we should get special treatment if we don't make mistakes or anything as utterly ridiculous as that, but the fact that I'm not even getting a bone thrown in my general direction here despite my editing is starting to become a little depressing.

All I want is a shot. Even if I had to have all of my posts concerning her cleared via PM beforehand for the first month or so, I'd still consider that to be worth it, soley because I'd finally get to start playing again.

OOC: Reposted.

OOC: Yes, I know I need to get away from Traferous vs. everyone (lol) to take care of administravia and go back to Mechron. I apologize - it is quite engaging. :P

OOC: Fair enough. I was just starting to wonder whether or not it had been missed due to the the influx of posts.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Let me know if I missed any ICs regarding Focus; as far as I know he was still en route to a bar?

IC: FOCUS [Mechna, Grunge/Middle Districts]

He appeared to be on the border of two different districts; that being said, they both appeared to merge and fluctuate within each other without any sort of clear boundary between the two.

His right hand remained on the hilt of his energy sword, ready to activate it at a moment's notice; this was not a good place to be.

Luckily, it seemed he was in the right place; there was bar up ahead, albeit one that was clearly in disrepair (then again, that could be said of most of the nearby buildings).

Let's see: (gm comments in green)

Name: Wraith (don't we have two characters named Wraith if this is approved? I'd allow it anyway, but...)

Powers and Abilities: Diagnostic Holographic Scanning - Wraith can scan almost anyone within her line of sight (provided they are of a similar height, weight, and build), granting her access to a quick rundown of their current condition, previous injuries, and vocal patterns, along with a complete three-dimensional layout of their appearance. (power 1: probably a minor ability.) How far back does "previous injuries" go? I mean, if she was looking at 78, would she be able to tell that she was injured on Mechron and then repaired?

Other than that, I don't see a big problem here; a character could register much of this information with normal senses, this just brings it into more detail - seems like a minor ability. 

She can then cloak herself inside of a light-based projection of the target, which both looks and feels like the original (impacts of considerable force will expose her, however, and active projections afford her no additional armor), allowing her to bypass security cameras without much notice while simultaneously concealing any weapons that she has in her possession from view (so long as she isn't attempting to attack with them, obviously), although a critical programming flaw that was unable to be patched before her activation renders this ability quite useless while in the presence of signal jamming devices. (power 2: major power here) Looks like a more sophisticated version of Squidulus' powers from awhile back that I approved. 

Her armor is also constructed out of a unique metalic alloy capable of of scrambling the frequencies of any scanners directed towards her person, making them appear to be malfunction so long as they continue to target her in an attempt to maintain her cover, though this makes her slightly more dificult to repair, as it also prevents medical scanning equipment from establishing a proper diagnosis of her condition. (power 3: minor ability)

Powers check out okay; it's nothing worse than Morphos or Var Vicious, and mostly directed toward computers. 

Weapons: Cold-Fire Katana - A sword that, when its secondary function is activated, begins to slowly disintegrate any object its wielder attempts to cut at the molecular level, so long as said object remains in contact with the blade. (weapon #1) Ok as long as the blade's effect is removed. 

Dual Terminator Hand Cannons, modified with Suppressor Attachments - Can expend six shots each before needing to be manually reloaded. Possesses decent stopping power, and are semi-automatic. (weapon #2) What do these fire? Standard bullets? Shells? Explosives?

Explosive Gel Sniper Rifle - A relatively silent weapon that fires capsules that shatter upon impact with their targets, splashing them with a relatively inert substance that can be detonated remotely via the rifle's secondary trigger, which activates a frequency emitter. While the resulting explosion does generate enough force to dent armor and possibly knock people back a bit, Wraith primarily uses it to arrange potentially deadly "accidents" from afar, mostly due to its relatively low damage output. (weapon #3) I think the low damage is critical here, given how silent it is. It still irks me because of the potential for auto-hits, but I suppose someone could see her fire it, thus countering the strike or dodging. 

Appearance: Wraith is primarily silver, transparent purple and transparent light blue. She has light blue eyes, purple tendrils flowing from the back of her head, two talons emerging from her feet, and a skeletal motif that is littered with spikes.

Bio: Wraith is a Model R8H-47 assassin bot created by a Villain unknown to Hero Factory's database, who intended to build an army that could not only infiltrate their way into their headquarters, but also destroy them from the inside. He died shortly before his plans could be realised, however, and she and her sadistic sisters were eventually sold on the black market in order to cover his debts. A gang of small-time criminals eventually bought her in the hopes of bettering themselves by having her take out a local crime lord, but after figuring out that she was more intelligent than all of them put together within the first hour of her activation, she turned on her supposed "masters," murdering them all with nothing but her bare hands before deciding to go into business for herself as a professional contract killer. 
And as of right now, she is one of the best there is at what she does.

Alright, here's my recommendations: 

1. kick the blade effect
2. Clarify what the cannon fires. 

And I think we're good?

I think what irks me about the profile is the stealth + auto-deadly weapons. I think everyone is picturing this one impersonating some hero in order to auto-kill someone else, with complete surprise attacks that are deadly - the combination is much. But I think she is short one power compared to what Heroes are allowed, which makes up for the now highly-nerfed weapons. 

OOC: Let me know if I missed any ICs regarding Focus; as far as I know he was still en route to a bar?

OOC: That's right. I haven't made any new ones...

GM NPC VON NEBULA

The ghost formed a fist and tried to pound on the cuffs, only for his hand to pass through. He then turned to look at the fiasco. "Indeed," he said with a grin. "And he is still like himself - servile and weak, with no taste for a good fight. He'll be here soon."

IC: Night Stalker

"He is?  Cool."  Night Stalker gave up trying to break the cuffs with strength.  Instead he loaded one of his extra bullet clips into his gun, put the chain in front of the handle, and blasted it to bits.  "Much better."  He did the same with Fravi, then reloaded the rest of his gun.  "I don't suppose you've got any weapons I could use?  One of the heroes totaled my hammer."

OOC: I agree with Fishers on the Wraith profile, looks good! I'm sorry to Timeageness that he had to go through so much character tweaking, though. At least it seems to be resolved now!

IC: Eloise Thumper - With East and Dr Lie

She glanced around as she followed the villains in her custody, and saw the other villain fighting. The other Heroes were handling it, so she turned back to East. "If he doesn't want a fight, then he should be okay. He's still gotta be arrested, though, since he broke the law. What were you guys doing here, anyway?"

~

IC: Ken Render - Outside Hero Factory

"I see it," Render said, pointing. "We're on the home stretch, boys. Just a little farther."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Responses listed below.

1."The Wraith" is apparently the title Lilith Specter sometimes goes by, though there aren't any other characters with that name currently listed on the front page. I don't believe Onaku has ever referred to it IC in any of his posts, but I'll consider changing it, just in case he wishes to do so in the future.

2. She'd be able to detect the repair work, and could probably tell if it was recent or not, but she wouldn't have any knowledge as to what planet the injury in question had orriginally occured on, as that would require either an outside database or access to the target's mind, and both of those are not within the scope of this particular ability. The only reason she even had this was so that she could potentially modify her own actions in advance in an attempt to make her disguises more believable (i.e., feigning a limp as she walked), but I'm open to ditching that too when I go back to perform my rewrite if you feel that it's still too much.

3. I have no issue about removing the effect from the blade, as evidenced by the fact that I orriginally suggested doing so in the first place.

4. The Hand Cannons now fire standard bullets, as I believe the nanobot rounds from her original profile were counted as an additional weapon effect.

5. As far as the rifle is concerned, my intention was to use it only to potentially set up some "accident" traps, such as firing a capsule at the rigging used to clean the exterior windows of extremely tall structures, only to detonate the gel after her target has exited the building and is about to walk under it. By that logic, other players would still have plenty of time to see and hear said object falling, not to mention notice the gel itself if they were close enough, so avoiding the trap itself or even pushing her unfortunate victim out of harm's way should still remain within the realm of possibility, and the weapon's low damage would make it so that aiming it directly at somebody wouldn't even be anywhere near as effective.

While I can understand the reason you feel that way, I would also like to point out that none of her projectile weapons are 100% silent either, and even at close range, people can realise that she's attacking them via shadows and reflections or whatnot, so characters who are really paying attention to their environments do still possess the ability to defend themselves. If there's anything else anyone would like me to expand upon, feel free to speak up, and I'll do my best to address your concerns while rewriting the profile.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Eloise Thumper - With East and Dr Lie

Thumper was confused. "I don't blow up villain hangouts. I'm a hand-to-hand fighter, see?" She flexed her arms. "And anyway, people could be killed if you blow up a villain hangout! I don't see why blowing up the Hero Factory is blowing up a villain base, though. Heroes help people, that's what we do. Villains hurt people a lot of the time."

She glanced at the wreckage of the Hero Factory. "I hope no one's too hurt. It's bad enough that everyone's home was blown up."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Andrea Plume & Var Vicious

"What in the world???" Andrea watched in confusion as the villain in front of her shape shifted into... a rock. "That's not going to work! I know you're there!" Var meanwhile redirected her lighting downwards at Traferous. She wasn't going to let him get away. Andrea looked from Traferous up at Var. "You there! Stop! This individual needs to be questioned!" She readied her third javelin in her hand.

IC: Orukam Amayika - Mechano's

He followed Striker as they left. "So, where are we going? Is there a current plan?"

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Engine Room

He set Ardor down in a warm spot next to a humming machine and fumbled around before finding a few markers. He handed one to Scarlet before producing a wrinkled, tattered piece of paper.

HEY DINGUS

HF BLEW UP AND ALSO I HELPED SAVE YOU FROM DYING

REGARDS,

THE GUY YOU OWE YOUR LIFE TO FOREVER

TIM GYRO

Gyro tucked it into Ardor's hand before joining Scarlet, snickering.

IC Flint - Tower Ruins, Astral:

Selphi received a baffled glance from Flint, who simply continued walking. When the Astral finally came into view, he loosed a sigh of relief and gestured to the ship. "Alright, I'm going to make sure you get onboard okay, and then I gotta split," he told the doctor. "Are you going to be alright?"

IC Wolfe - Downed Villain Ships:

Since the ships had ground to a halt a considerable distance from where he had fired at them, it took a few minutes for Wolfe to catch up. He made sure to leave a sizable amount of space between himself and the fallen vessels, lest one of the villains saw fit to jump him from some blind spot. Saracen was circling above, and Wolfe gave a quick, casual salute as he ran.

Ahead of him, Wolfe spotted a caped figure battling a winged Hero, along with another villain closing in. He couldn't put his finger on it, but the Hero looked incredibly familiar, like a friend of his he hadn't seen in decades. There will be time to figure that out afterwards, he thought. The first villain had his back turned partially towards the old Hero, who halted and took to opportunity to fire an ice arrow that should, on impact, incase the target in a block of ice. And no sooner had the arrow left his bow, another -- this time electric -- was sent flying in the direction of the second villain.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Mona Selphi - With Flint

She smiled. "I believe so. Provided we get over there without sustaining grievous damage, I should be perfectly fine."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous stood up, reluctantly, the lightning passing through his new armor in a natural, if crude, ground. He picked one of the javelins out of him, before he was encased in a block of ice. He decided to wait a little bit and see if the lightning attacks of his first attacker would damage the ice block. Wasting energy right now was very bad. 

IC: Andrea Plume & Var Vicious

Var was about to reply to Plume when she then swiftly intercepted Wolfe's arrow with her lightsaber. Var swiftly sent an arc of lighting at her assailant, more intended to drive him away than to actually kill him, although it could most certainly fulfil that task too. Andrea threw her javelin at Var, which she swiftly struck away with her lightsaber. Andrea dissipated that javelin, and created another, throwing it, with Var again striking it away again. Andrea now dissipated and recreated the javelin in her hand, this time opting for a more hands-on approach, charging Var flying.

Edited by Toa Onaku

GM IC 78 EAST

"Nobody was home when he blew it up," 78 said. "He would have made sure of that." She kept walking with Thumper, heading along the cargo chains to the downed engine room. 

The front looked like a hunk of metal with huge lank bolts sticking out, bent at crazy angles. A broken vent stuck out at the top. An engineer like Lie would recognize stone lag screws, but even 78 could tell that the waterfall had shattered. A door, bent halfway off its hinges, led into the area beyond. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous burst apart the block of ice with some quaza energy, and swiftly incorporated some more to warm himself back up. He then shed the rock, turning it into himself - he had a better option in mind should Var Vicious attack again. 

Edited by fishers64

IC Wolfe - Fighting Traferous and Var:

He hadn't anticipated the light show. The bolts struck the ground at Wolfe's feet, driving him back a few steps. Just then he saw Traferous break out of his icy prison, and responded by firing another ice arrow. If that didn't work, he had another electric arrow nocked and ready to fly.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Eloise Thumper

"Oh, that's good." She was immensely relieved about their foresight as she pulled the door aside for her two charges. "But wait, why were you blowing it up in the first place, if you're not evil? Only evil people want to do stuff like that."

Javelin struck lightsaber as Var intercepted Andrea's attack, stopping her attack on Wolfe. "Fool, the villain will get away! They need to be subdued!" Andrea leapt away from their weapon crossing, looking to the side to see Traferous having broken out of the ice prison. "Well, don't kill them! I need to capture them alive!" Var scoffed. "That depends on how much they resist your arrest..." With that said, Var now sheathed and put her lightsaber on her belt before blasting Traferous with her lightning, using both hands, at full intensity. Andrea winced at the display of ferocity.

GM IC TRAFEROUS 

The ice arrow hit, encasing the villain...just as lightning blasted the cage, melting it. Traferous turned and countered the lightning with anti-quaza energy of his own, building up force in hopes of overloading the villain's energy. He didn't bother to free his legs from the ice yet, suspecting that the Hero with the bow would just shoot him again. 

The lightning and anti-quaza energy kept cancelling each other out as the two villains blasted at each other. A power struggle now ensued, with both sides fighting to overpower the other. Var increased the intensity of her lightning, hoping to overpower Trefarous' anti-quaza blast. Andrea meanwhile carefully and inconspicuously edged to move around the shape-shifting villain, coming around to behind him before throwing her final javelin full force.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous intensified his blast in response to Var Vicious, only to get hit in the back by a javelin. He landed on his face again, the concentrated lightning passing over him again. His feet were now freed from the ice as the ground in front of him crackled with red energy, digging a large hole in front of him. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Ok, no, I think you have directions mixed up here. Andrea moved to behind Traferous, while Var was on the other side, and Wolfe was a bit to right. That's the only way Var's actions would make sense anyway, as otherwise she would have had to blast Wolfe THROUGH Traferous.

OOC: I thought Var was blasting from Traferous' left...editing...

Edited.

IC Wolfe - Fighting Traferous:

He hesitated in firing the electric arrow, as the villain seemed to be taking the energy attacks a little too well. Normally Wolfe would refrain from using excessive force, but this being was clearly on a power level rivalling that of even the great Von Nebula. And now a hole seemed to be forming in front of the villain, and Wolfe guessed his intent. Quick as he could, he fired an explosive arrow at Traferous, hoping to catch him off guard...

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous had not planned on this coarse of action, but now that he had, it seemed sensible - he turned the energy around and busted a hole in front of him. At the same time, an arrow hit him in the back. Traferous fully expected to end up encased in ice again, but that wasn't what happened - instead, he exploded, five pieces of the being known as Traferous falling into Hero Factory's basement. 

Fortunately, Traferous' mental energy loop was in his head. Unfortunately, he was in a state of pain and shock, and blacked out. 

OOC: Aw, looks like I missed all of the fun. Oh well, that's what I get for sleeping in.

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne. 

Somehow, the entire battle had come to the end without him noticing. But it seemed that the mighty and powerful Traferous wasn't as mighty and powerful as he'd claimed to be back on Tranquis... No, wait...

"Guys, we need to find those pieces of him, now!" He barked into his comms, already starting to fly down towards the basement. "He might still be alive!" He remembered how much damage this being had been able to take back when they'd first encountered him. Even when his hero form had been crushed and had its neck broken, he'd recovered just fine. Even after being shot, stabbed, and exploded, he'd kept coming. Saracen didn't want to risk the villain making an escape, simply because they'd made the mistake of thinking he was dead when he actually wasn't. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Andrea gasped as Traferous was utterly annihilated. "Oh my... Uh..." She looked away from the hole into the basement up to Wolfe, a glimmer of relief in her eyes. "Wolfe! Nice shot!" She leapt over the hole and landed closer Wolfe. "And uhm... I'm back, also." Andrea's face now conveyed a little bit of worry. Var rolled her eyes.

Andrea then turned to look to Saracen. "Alive? After that??"

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

Gorn's head whipped around at the sound of the gunshots. He was met with the sight of a newly freed Night Stalker, and Fravi as unconscious as ever.

"What?! How did he get out?!

OOC: Is Von Nebula visible to everyone, or just Night Stalker?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Is Von Nebula visible to everyone, or just Night Stalker?

OOC: He is visible to everyone. He thought his public presence might scare the Heroes away long enough for Night Stalker to escape. 

GM IC 78 EAST (TOTALLY FORGOTTEN) & DR. LIE

78 East entered the wreck, carrying the injured Doctor. The place smelled horrible, a mix of spent fuel and water blended together which marked the engine rooms. The walls were brown and ugly.

"End of the hall," the Doctor croaked. 78 obeyed, carrying him deeper, past a holding cell full of stabbed mannequins and a tangled net hanging off of one of them, dripping water on the floor. The other side of the hall had simply a plain metal door. (Thumper would notice this, obviously.)

IC: Eloise Thumper - Chunk Of Engine

Thumper assisted the pair with the next door, too. She figured they weren't answering her because they were thinking carefully about her words, which was good. "I'm just so happy to hear everyone got out. There's, uh, there's someone I... really admire, and he was being fixed in the repair bay last time I saw him... I don't know if he would have been okay, otherwise."

She peered into the room. "Is your friend going to be okay? I can call in and get anything else you need."

OOC: Did Thumper open the door to Lie's office at the end of the hall, or the side door to the engine room I mentioned?

GM IC DR. LIE

"I don't know yet," he said. "It depends on what shape the engines are in. As for me, I'll be in the same shape either way, unless you happen to have an organics expert somewhere." 

IC Wolfe - Downed Villain Ships:

Wincing as his target was blown to bits, Wolfe then whipped around and aimed a standard arrow at Var, just barely hearing his own name. "What?" he responded distractedly, and glanced over his shoulder at the winged Hero. He stared at her for a moment, looked back at Var, then back at the Hero. "Andrea?" he said, dumbfounded, "You're... uh..." He cleared his vocalizer and gave a quick nod at the dark figure before them. "First things first. We--"

Hearing Saracen's warning, Wolfe pondered a moment and said to Plume, "Go help Rune... I'll take care of this one. We can talk later; I promise."

IC Flint - Astral:

Stopping next to and pounding the door of the Astral, the white-armored Hero stepped back and gave a polite 'you first' type of gesture to Selphi. He only just noticed that the beetle from earlier was sitting contently on her head, and regarded it with mild bemusement. "Take care, doc."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Oh shoot forgot there were two doors. She would have opened the one to Dr Lie's office- she'll let them patch him up, because it would be horrible and cruel to let him just bleed out or be in more pain than what is preventable, but she's definitely not letting them patch up the engines.

I was also under the impression that they were taking Lie in there for emergency medical supplies as well as the engines. If that's not true, then I'll just say Thumper was confused.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

"No one's touching the engines," Thumper insisted firmly. "I don't know exactly what you guys did, but all I know is we got called back because half the Hero Factory was destroyed, and then the other half was destroyed too when we got back, and your ship's broken all over the place and Heroes are trying to stop you from touching it. I can't let you fly off anywhere by yourself, not until everything's sorted out. I thought we were here for an organic repair kit or something. If we aren't, then I've got to take you both back to the Hero ships, and we can get you to someone who knows how to fix organics. We'll probably get you help faster that way, anyway."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

"Thank you," she said, smiling again. "Take care."

She climbed aboard, and took stock of her surroundings. She wasn't certain how much help she would be here, but here was a better place to be than out there, anyway.

IC: Saracen Rune - Basement.

"Only one way to be sure," he replied over the comms to Andrea, from where he hovered around the ceiling of the basement. He flicked his goggles onto their thermal setting, hoping the pieces of Traferous' body would be visible.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: The following is a united effort on the part of two brothers who temporarily lost their sanity. Enjoy.

IC: Shade and Shard - Building a Fort

Once they were inside, Shade turned to Shard, "Hey. How are you holding up now that your home is gone?"

Shard looked down at his feet before looking up and answering, "Not so good."

"How about you and I forget everything for a moment and play a game or something. How are you at architecture?"

"I build cool stuff out of ice!" Shard had brightened at the question.

"Then let's build a fort using these mattresses. Okay?"

"All right! Awesome!" Together the two heroes built a fort out of mattresses and ice (to hold everything together and for adding extra fancy windows). Of course, building a fort is one thing, but playing with it? That's a different animal. For lack of a better fake-believe villain, they were using the dead hero. Shade had been the first to suggest it, but had only done so in jest. He found it more than a little strange that Shard had perked up on the idea and begun to play with the corpse shamelessly.

Shard's fearsome battle against Echo's mangled body was interrupted by a sudden rapping on the door. The three Heroes froze. In Echo's case, literally.

Shade tentatively opened the door and stared at Flint and Selphi for a few awkward moments, in which the sound of Shard's Splinter Cannon filled the silence, before cloaking and hiding in the corner.

Shard took no notice of the newcomers and continued to send the "villain" into his icy grave.

OOC: Thanks for the idea, Zippy!

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: That's one way to use a mattress fort.

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

Selphi glanced at where the Hero had once been, the Hero still grappling with the corpse, and then at the corpse itself.

"Well," she said. "That's certainly a good way to destroy any evidence that could theoretically remain on a corpse. I did hear that a Hero was killed by another Hero, we were going to investigate to find out what we could- you would be surprised how many ways you can accidentally kill a person- but, naturally, that was a little delayed."

She approached the grappling Hero. "Please cease what you are doing. I would like to see what I can still find on the casualty."

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Engine Room

Gyro, after a very artistic time drawing on Ardor's face, nudged Scarlet's shoulder. "C'mon, let's go back. I'm runnin' out of room on here."