fishers64

IC: Shade - Entrance to Astral (aka Fort Room)

Shade materialized out of the air in the corner he had been hiding in and said, "I was the eye witness of that murder. Believe me when I say that it was completely intentional. There isn't much information you could glean off that corpse that I couldn't tell you."

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Cobra Shard - Grandmaster Evidence Destroyer

Shard only realized there were other people on board when one of them started talking to him, apparently telling him to stop beating up the dead guy. Shade was nowhere to be seen.

He stepped away from the Echo-Cube sheepishly and strongly considered hiding inside his mattress fort.

IC: Marrow - Crater

Marrow stayed hidden, barely daring to breathe. It didn't like the look of that plasma sword one bit.

• Upvote 1

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Flint and Helen - Astral:

The sight before Flint was so bizarre he honestly had nothing to say for ten whole seconds. When the bewilderment subsided, he stepped onto the ship and forcibly grabbed two of the mattresses -- one in each hand -- and flung them out the door. 

​Helen walked in just then, having left her station to see what the noise was about, and stopped dead when she saw Echo's body being unceremoniously tossed about like a child's plaything. She glared coldly at Shade and Shard. "What do you think you are doing?!" she demanded. "This was once one of your comrades, and now you treat him like some toy? You relinquish him to Dr. Selphi this instant!"

Flint, meanwhile, kept his mouth shut and made for the other two mattresses. 

Edit: Oops, ninja'd...

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 2

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

GM IC TRAFEROUS (SORT OF)

All of the pieces of Traferous would show up. They were still filled with live anti-quaza energy and heat from being exploded. 

As for the consciousness of Traferous, he was starting to wake, throbbing in pain, disoriented, confused. Not much good, though. 

GM IC 78 EAST

"Chill," 78 East said. "Just chill. The engine room is right there - but we're not going that way. We're going to Dr. Lie's office to get him some of his medical stuff, and a place to rest. Then the two of us are going to walk right out of here and talk to some friends of yours. We good?"

She shoved open the door to his office, marching past the portraits of rogue Heroes and the large amount of old books, which quickly overtook the smell of oil. It appeared that Dr. Lie had sealed this place well for some reason. 

GM IC DR. LIE

"Behind the kitchen," he said to 78. "There's a bed you can use."

IC: Eloise Thumper - Dr Lie's Office

"Oh!" Thumper smiled. "Oh, yeah, sure. You had me worried there for a second! I suppose this hasn't been a very good day for me, I'm really sorry. It wasn't nice of me to be rude to you."

She looked around and saw some portraits of what looked to be Heroes. She didn't recognise any, though, apart from one or two that rang a bell, though she couldn't place why.

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

She turned her gaze to Shade. "Really? You were watching, the entire time? Through the entire time they were interacting? I will have questions to ask you about what you did see, but I will have to analyse what is left on the body. That's procedure."

She nodded to Helen. "Thank you. I will find myself a quieter place to work, away from the front door. If one is available, that is. Otherwise, I can just move the casualty out of the way of people walking in."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: FOCUS [MECHNA, OUTSIDE BAR]

Focus stopped outside of the bar, activating his communication link with the Kestrel.

"Tina?"

"Yes, Matteo?"

"...target my location with the homing missiles. Just as a... precaution. I'd rather be destroyed, you know, if things go sour. Better than becoming enslaved to someone worse than Hero Factory."

"Any other orders?"

"None yet. But if things do go south for me, your best bet would probably be to get out of here as quickly as possible."

He kept the link open - just in case - but muted the Kestrel. Tina could hear him, but he could not hear Tina; and likewise, nobody else could either.

He stepped inside.

OOC: Onaku, Uerub can spot Focus. Or anyone else that might be in the bar as well.

I'm not entirely caught up to what Focus will be seeing when he enters, so yeah.

GM IC 78 EAST

78 walked through the kitchen, only to see a bed. She lay the Doctor down on it, careful not to disturb his broken arm.

GM IC DR. LIE

"The cabinets near the bed," the Doctor said. "Get me the bottle of salve, the clean cloths, the sewing kit and the jar of plaster. Push the night table up so I can reach them. I might need you to help a little - I'm short an arm." 

GM IC 78

78 began following Lie's instructions. She thought they were weird, but anything involving organic beings was weird. 

She turned her gaze to Shade. "Really? You were watching, the entire time? Through the entire time they were interacting? I will have questions to ask you about what you did see, but I will have to analyse what is left on the body. That's procedure."

She nodded to Helen. "Thank you. I will find myself a quieter place to work, away from the front door. If one is available, that is. Otherwise, I can just move the casualty out of the way of people walking in."

IC: Shade - Fort Room

"Of course I will help as best I can. Regarding this young hero's conduct, I take full responsibility. Well.." He glanced at the frozen corpsicle, "Almost full responsibility."

Edited by Vicarath

OOC: It may not matter, but those mattresses are caked in thick ice. They were the central support. I'm not sure if Flint would be able to throw them out that easily.

OOC: Flint is a tank type, so I don't think a mattress is going to weigh a whole lot to him.  ;) 

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: I was referring more to the fact that the mattresses were cemented in with thick slippery ice. But I digress. If he's a tank, then it's not so far fetched to imagine him getting through the ice somehow to lay hold of the mattresses.

"I'll, uh, wait out here," she said. "Let me know if I can help, okay?"

She decided to report in, while she was waiting. She called Mission Control without considering that Mission Control probably wasn't going to answer. Her receiver made an odd noise, and then it apparently connected. "Hello? This is Thumper."

OOC: Thumper is calling the Astral. I heard that Helen rerouted the number or something.

~

Selphi smiled at the Hero. "I may be able to ascertain some details, even with the unfortunate post-mortem damage. Would you have happened upon a relatively sterile room for me to work in?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC Helen - Astral:

Deciding to drop the subject for the time being, Helen gestured for Selphi to follow her. "I'll show you to our mobile lab," she sighed. To Shade and Shard she said with forced cordiality, "Boys, if you would..." indicating that she wished for them to follow with Echo's body. She couldn't stomach the sight of it, and thus quickly turned and headed for the lab. All she wanted was to put the poor Hero to rest.

Her headset beeped and piped in Thumper's call. "Thumper, this is Helen. Where are you?"

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

"Oh, hello!" Thumper said cheerily. "I'm in a piece of the really big villain ship. I'm with two other people, I don't know if they're involved or not, but one's really hurt. Once he's okay, the other one is gonna come with me to answer some questions, I think? They were with the other guy, on the two ships Rune told us had villains on them. But they're saying they aren't villains, and I'm kinda confused. When I bring the other one over, can you get someone who knows what's been happening to help sort this out? I don't know a lot of what they're talking about."

IC: Andrea Plume
"Alright. You be careful." Andrea turned around and took a dive into the basement, letting her wings slow her fall until she fluttered her wings lazily, keeping her hovering above the ground. "Ok, what do we have?" She asked Saracen.

IC: Var Vicious
"What, you're going to try and take me down?" Var unclipped her lightsaber from her belt, and lit it. "I'd like to see you try with that ridiculous weapon of yours." Lightning crackled in her free hand, almost as if a reminder of her possessing that power.

IC: Saracen Rune - Basement. 

"Bits of him all over the floor," he pointed at the separate pieces  where they lay, "None of them seem to be moving..." he dropped down to the floor and began dragging the chunks onto a tattered tarp that had fallen down from who knew which floor of what had once been Hero Factory, "...but I'm not taking any chances with this guy." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Andrea landed on the floor too and started helping Saracen with picking up the pieces of the villain. "So... you can fly too huh? Not a lot of heroes here with that ability, even after all this time." Andrea put a large chunk on the tarp before turning to Saracen. "I'm Andrea Plume. What's your name?" She extended a hand to her fellow flying hero.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Uerub Kalslann

Focus would be entering just as the fighting settled down. Uerub articulated one shoulder while keeping the other hand on it. "Whew, that was fun! We should do this more often!" She said ecstatically, with a hint of fatigue to her voice. "Let's not!" One of the other patrons cried, lying beaten on the ground. Uerub seemingly ignored his comment and strode back to bar where the bartender stood, who gave her a weary eye. "Man, I am absolutely elated right now. You know what? Drinks for on me for everyone!" Some of the less injured patrons gave a half-hearted cheer, while a patron lying absolutely wrecked in the corner began crying.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: FOCUS [sHADY BAR]

Focus inwardly grimaced at the sight before him, as several patrons appeared to be trying (and failing) to stand after what appeared to be a rather harsh beating. Outwardly, of course, he appeared unfazed, and he strode confidently into the bar, stepping over various patrons.

He stopped just a foot away from Uerub, on her right.

"I'll take that drink," he said to the bartender, before turning around to cast his gaze around the room. "Must've been quite a fight."

IC: Uerub Kalslann

"Indeed. Why do you think I'm in such a good mood?" Uerub commented, looking from her drink up to Focus, surprised to see a new face in the bar. "Well now, what do we have here? Haven't seen a hero in these parts before." She looked up and down the robotic figure in front of her, her face expressing intrigue and amusement. "What's a pretty thing like you doing in a shady part of the galaxy like this? You trying to catch a crook or something?"

IC Wolfe - Fighting Var:

"Eh, you don't look all that tough," Wolfe smirked. In truth, he was fully prepared for this fight to go terribly, but he had to do whatever he could to keep this villain distracted at the very least. He circled right, slowly, and drew a standard arrow... 

Then fired it straight at Var's left shoulder, with another quickly following, this time for the right shoulder.

IC Helen - Astral:

She rubbed her forehead with two fingers as she listened to Thumper. "Alright, until we can have them brought in, take everything they say with a grain of salt," she warned, sounding oddly patient in spite of her irritated expression. "They're trying to guilt-trip you so that you'll sympathize and let them go."

Rounding a corner, she muted the mic and opened the lab door. "Right this way," she told Selphi."Let me know if you need anything else."

Turning her attention back to Thumper, she said, "I'll send Bulk over ASAP."

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 1

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Andrea put a large chunk on the tarp before turning to Saracen. "I'm Andrea Plume. What's your name?" She extended a hand to her fellow flying hero.

"Rune," he replied, begrudgingly taking a momentary break from his work to shake the offered hand, "Saracen Rune." 

IC Striker:

"Going home. Though apparently.... There's not much of a home to go back to....."

IC: Markus Vex - Space Station. 

Weaving his way through the bustling crowds of busy shoppers, Markus made a beeline straight for the Mechanos. He slipped his knife from its sheathe, ready to shank the slippery villain if he tried anything, and entered the restaurant. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Eloise Thumper - Oh No

"Guilting?" Thumper looked at the pictures again. "I dunno. They seem to like Heroes. This office has a whole wall with pictures of Heroes on-"

She stopped.

Her legs went weak, and she grabbed the desk to prevent herself from falling over.

"I... Really? I mean, uh... o-okay! Okay!"

Oh, gosh, she was not prepared for this. She was covered in dents and muck. She paced a little, pressing her hands to the sides of her face and staring at the floor. There was water outside, right? But it was oily water. She'd just have to grin and bear it. Maybe it wouldn't matter. The Hero Factory was destroyed, right? So a lot of people would look a mess. Yeah.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Engine Room

He nudged Ardor over with his foot, grinning.

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Mobile Lab

"I should be fine," Selphi mused. "I have done examinations in worse conditions."

~

IC: Q Team - Quark Qruiser

Quark snorted and pulled back on the controls, lifting the craft slightly. "Sod it. They can drive their own villains over, if they have any."

"Nice to make your acquaintance, Rune." Andrea smiled heartily as she shook his hand. She then went back to gathering the pieces of the villain Wolfe had blown up. I hope Wolfe's doing ok.

IC: Var Vicious

What with seeing them coming, and her fast reflexes, Var was able to swiftly intercept the arrows with her lightsaber, before then giving Wolfe a heavy force-push, throwing him back. She smirked. This puny droid doesn't stand a chance.

OOC: Permission to force-push Wolfe given by Cor.

Edited by Toa Onaku

He did a quick final scan of the room, making sure they'd collected all the chunks, then started to gather up the tarp and it's cargo, "Let's get this trash out of here," he started to fly upwards once more.

IC Wolfe - Fighting Var:

He had expected her reflexes to be good, but not this good. One moment Wolfe was standing upright and drawing another arrow, the next he was flung back and slammed into a chunk of wall. He slid down, his systems rattled, and groped for his bow. "Is that the best you've got?" he coughed as he readied a new arrow from a kneeling position.

IC Helen - Astral:

Her suspicions about Thumper's crush confirmed, Helen strode back to her station with a smirk and spotted Bulk on the other side of the room. "Bulk, are you busy?" she called.

If it turned out that he was, she would simply send someone else... Not that Thumper needed to know.

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 1

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

Gorn was fully prepared to charge Night Stalker, when he noticed someone else. Conversing with Night Stalker was the incorporeal form of Von Nebula. Gorn honestly didn't know what to do. He had met the villain a few times back when he was still going by Von Ness. He had been a member of Alpha team, despite not being especially heroic. When he deserted his team during a fight, Gorn remembered being unsurprised by the news. However, if what the current Alpha Team members had said about him was any indication, he had truly become a force to be reckoned with in the time after his desertion. Gorn would have no chance against him in combat, but combat was all that Gorn knew. He needed guidance from someone else on how to handle the situation. In desperation, Gorn tried contacting Preston Stormer. He had no idea if the Alpha leader had even survived the Factory's destruction, but if anyone knew Von Nebula, it was him...

IC: Arsenal- Mechna

As "The Lamprey" touched down upon a landing platform, it's pilot took a moment to take in what was going on around him. The streets were filled with thieves, arsonists, murderers, and jaywalkers. Buildings were all in poor condition, and looked almost as shady as those walking by them. From the pilot's seat, Arsenal could see a mugging taking place, where the victim was in the process of being stabbed to death once their valuables were in the hands of their attacker. All in all, a typical day in the grunge district.

Emerging from his ship, Arsenal began making his way to his favorite bar. After all that had happened, he needed a drink. Or ten. Even missing an arm, Arsenal had no need to worry about being attacked. After all, who would be stupid enough to try and mug a walking attack helicopter?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous, if he was any condition to, would have laughed. But given the pain that he was in, not to mention the negative emotions of this whole situation, it was a barely register-able cognitive shock.

If everything else failed, count on the Heroes to be stupid...and put him back together, saving him the work of having to do it himself. It took just a few minutes to reconnect himself together. He tried to do this in a bit of a loose manner, so he would still appear to be a pile of exploded parts.

He was still in pain, though, and would be until he could shapehift himself back together properly and repair the damage. For now, though, he decided to wait to see what the Heroes would do. Perhaps they would use parts of him for target practice, or hang the distended pieces in their trophy room, or just dump him into a garbage compactor.  Probably the latter. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Rogue Heroes," Zib said to Thumper. "Von Ness is on one side, Kaiba Blader is there, and I recognize a few more." 

---------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I'd prefer if someone else would play Bulk here, seeing as I would be playing against myself, which could cause an issue.

GM IC DR. LIE

Dr. Lie grimaced as he cleaned and rubbed the salve into the wounds, tearing off chunks of dried blood on the edges to view the torn and swollen muscle. Opening the sewing kit, he pulled out some thin white thread and began sewing up the muscle layer. It was dissoluble thread that would dissolve in a few days. Then he pulled out some thicker thread to close the flesh, that he would have to remove later.

One wound down. Three to go, including the set but-not yet cast broken arm, held together by a crude splint Traferous had done up.

GM IC 78 EAST

"I think he's got it," said 78, as the doctor began undoing the wrappings around his broken arm. She then heard Thumper call her superiors, and winced. She might have to fight the huge Hero after all.  

GM IC PRESTON STORMER HIMSELF

"Hello?" the Hero said in response to Gorn's call. "If this is a prank phone call, this is the worst time in the known galaxy. Don't even think about it." 

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

Ascending out of the basement, he deposited the tarp on the ground and attempted to contact Mission Control, "We've secured the remains of a villain called Traferous - the shapeshifter we encountered back on Tranquis, who I have reason to believe was responsible for the massacre on Mechron, as well as the destruction of Hero Factory itself," the latter two wouldn't have even happened if they'd just arrested the mastermind in the first place, as Saracen had wanted, "Have you got somewhere secure we can put his body?" 

"I'm not seeing any sign of Striker or the villain controlling him in here," Markus finally reported, having spent several frustrating minutes exploring the restaurant, "You arrived yet, Rocka?" 

GM NPC ZIB

"We can put him in a holding cell on board," Zib said. "But that seems to a waste of space if he really is dead."

GM IC TRAFEROUS 

Traferous resisted the urge to poke his head up out of the tarp and look around. Mentally, he began racking his brain for a way to get to Fravi and Night Stalker without picking a fight with Saracen again. He had no doubt he could bust out of a holding cell if he had to, but the thing was, Traferous didn't have to. He checked his energy levels. Pretty low. Darn. There went Plan A. 

GM NPC ROCKA

"I'm here," Rocka said. "Looks like the villain or something else convinced him to split. I'm going to look around here to see if his method of transport is still here." 

OOC: How did Striker/Amakriya get there again?

GM IC ??? (MECHANOS)

The gel creature began to crawl over the ceiling to make its escape, silently cursing its bad luck and its employers for sending it on impossible missions. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

"We've seen this guy get shot, stabbed, electrocuted, burned, crushed, partially exploded, have his neck snapped, and recover soon afterwards each time," he replied to Zib, "After everything he's done here, and given that we have no real idea of what he really is or how his powers actually work, I'm not sure it's worth taking the chance." 

"Last I saw Striker, he was using his Hero Pod. Unless they've changed vehicles since then, I'd suggest you start searching all of the docks for any Hero Factory craft," for a moment, he thought he glimpsed something scuttling across the ceiling on the edge of his vision, but there didn't seem to be anything there, "Let me know if you see him, I'll ask around here, see if anyone knows where they went." 

Edited by Shadow Nato

GM NPC ZIB

"But if we put him in a cell, if we don't know how his powers work, won't he just escape?" Zib said. "Then that is a waste of time and resources. We would be better off sending him off, far away from us and anyone he would try to hurt, or destroying him somehow...

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

Stormer was alive. That was good. Perhaps he could prevent Night Stalker's escape after all.

"Unfortunately, it is not. Preston Stormer, This is Wilhelm Gorn. I have... a bit of a problem, that I need your guidance to solve. You see, using my amazing combat prowess, I successfully captured two of perpetrators of the factory's destruction. I followed standard procedure, cuffed them, all of that. I then left for a moment to pursue a third villain who had hidden. While I was gone, Von Nebula showed up and freed them, somehow. He and both perpetrators are still here, and they haven't seen me yet. You know Von Nebula better than anyone else, so I'm calling to ask for your advice on how to defeat him... I just realized how dumb this whole thing sounds."

IC: Arsenal- Shady bar

Arsenal entered the unfortunately named bar, only to see that a huge fight had recently taken place. One patron in particular was lying down in a corner, too injured to move. A quick scan of the place revealed a few familiar faces, including Uerub Kalslaan, a bounty hunter with whom he had been forced to work with on a few different contracts in the past, each having been large enough in scale that the client believed hiring multiple mercenaries was necessary in order to get the job done. Considering how happy she was acting, Arsenal guessed that she was probably the cause of the patron in the corner's condition.

With any luck, she wouldn't recognize him while he was in this humiliating state.

Taking a seat at the bar, Arsenal ordered a drink and began contemplating how to go about his repairs. Simply replace the rocket launcher, or use something new?

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory Ruins.

That didn't sound very Zib-like... "I still think we should just toss it in a cell or something. If it's dead, then it's not going anywhere and we can analyse it later on to get a better idea of how to defeat similar enemies in the future. If it's not dead, then at least we know where it is and we can capture or kill it again before it gets too far." 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Internally Screaming

"Uh?" Thumper struggled to come back to her senses. "I, um, that's weird. Maybe he doesn't know?"

It finally registered with her that the other kind of suspected villain said something to her. She said, "Oh, good. That's good. I called Hero Factory, they're sending... sending someone who knows what's happening more than I do, they'll be able to help sort this out."

~

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Vex

"I am sorry about the Hero Factory," he said sagely. "That is quite a tragedy."