fishers64

IC Helen - Tower Ruins:

Helen cocked an eyebrow in surprise as Traferous transformed, and didn't so much as flinch when he approached. Inwardly, however, she was very nervous, knowing that despite this man's innocent appearance, he could very well end her without much effort at all. "Impressive," she commented with a nod. "Now, Mr. Diaphanous, I understand you have been causing my people quite some trouble in various parts of the galaxy, and have now seen fit to destroy their home... Our home... Have we, perhaps, had the pleasure of meeting before and wronged you in some fashion? Or do you simply enjoy testing out your toys on innocent robots?"

IC NPC Bulk - With Thumper and 78:

Bulk grimaced. "I'll do what I can, but if that guy keeps going after them, I can't promise anything."

He opened a comm channel to Saracen and Gorn. "Hey, Rune, tell that guy that you'll back off if he lets Gorn go. If he keeps hasslin' ya, well..."

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Focus was designed to be more agile than the average Hero, so he'd be lighter on his feet. Not by gamebreaking amounts or anything, but still.

IC: FOCUS [GRUNGE DISTRICT]

"I wasn't designed for stealth," he whispered to her. "I doubt I'm as quiet as I need to be."

Nonetheless, Focus did as Uerub asked, ducking into the alleyway right behind her.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Neither," said Traferous. He suspected the civilian simply might not believe anything he would say, so he waited to hear her response.

GM NPC STORMER

"For further reference, we do have sensors and cameras in the engine rooms," Stormer said to Katherine and Gyro as they passed by. "That's so we can keep track of engine damage and repair work."

GM IC NIMIUS

Meanwhile, Nimius was almost completely thawed out...

OOC: Oh, I apologize. I thought that Night Stalker had grabbed Gorn by the breastplate for some reason. Now that I think about it, that's pretty much impossible.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Brawling

Gorn's sword deactivating caused him to miss Night Stalker's arm entirely. Fortunately, this also caused Night Stalker to miss as well. The villain's blow went in between Gorn's arm and his own, and the energy blasts pulverized an innocent piece of debris a few meters away. Having realized that Von Nebula was behind his sword malfunctioning, Gorn immediately ignited the blade, using all of his willpower and strength in his hand to keep the switch in the "on" position, while quickly transitioning into an upward slash, one that would easily cleave through both of Night Stalker's arms should the villain not react in time.

OOC: Scourge is invisible at the moment.

Scourge stifled his cackling as they watched the hero and his companion take refuge in an alleyway. Oh, this was just too easy! With the narrow alleyway limiting their mobility, the pair wouldn't stand a chance against it! Extending it's insectoid legs, it used them to silently follow the pair, before proceeding to climb onto the side of one of the buildings creating the alley. Slowly, the creature positioned itself directly above the pair, waiting for an optimal time to strike.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC 78 EAST

78 waited to see what would happen. She decided that she wasn't above interfering herself if need be. The trick would be convincing the Heroes that she was intervening to stop the battle, not simply stepping to defend her alley and making her a new target. 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

"That guy won't be killed, don't worry," Thumper assured her. "They're going to fight the guy and recuff them. I can't really tell those guys to stop trying to arrest a dangerous criminal, you know? The guy was shooting all round the place! Even if that guy's like you and isn't part of this, it's super bad to start attacking Heroes. The other guy, your boss? I knew he was just worried about your friend, but I still had to arrest him for questioning."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

After allowing Quadal inside, she turned to the Heroes carrying the casualty. "This way, please."

She led the way down the hall.

OOC: Can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure Shade and Shard were carrying Echo?

~

OOC: @Dark One: Oh, okay. In HF RPG, we try and keep it so everyone has a fair chance in a fight- with the way this one's played, it wouldn't be much fun to have to face an ultra powerful, immune to everything villain with a standard Hero, or visa versa.

A good thing to remember is, your character has to be possible and reasonable to defeat. If your character has the power to destroy anything in a 20 km radius and has a weakness to being punched, for example, that's not a reasonable weakness. That's very exaggerated, however, and usually issues will be more general than that. It can take practice, especially if you come from an RPG background where everyone is overpowered.

The hunger power sounds more reasonable, the way you put it, and I get what you're saying about only having fists. But I reckon it might still be a good idea to extend how long it takes so you're not paralysing people with a touch.

In your character's case, natural traits and powers are one and the same. Maybe add a thing about being a hollow shell, and all the bonuses that affords your character. To your credit, you did note it down and it was easy to pick out, you might just want to jot it down in the right place. Also, the undetectability I get- I figured you'd be able to see the guy- but I meant in the sense that Hero scanners wouldn't pick him up. I'd put it down as a relatively minor power, but should still be noted.

If you don't want to make a ship, just have them steal one or catch a ride. Don't worry, you don't have to make one.

If you need any more help, don't be afraid to ask people, whether on here or through the PM system. C:

Well, it isn't that bad, the power limit is simply far higher, giving more room to make characters with significantly more power. And since everyone is powerful there, then no one is. :P

I'm just going to say that the above applies to this also, Ye Olde Bio RP is not based on rules nearly so much as on common sense, meaning you can make all kinds of characters provided they're reasonable. Just because the power limit's much higher in the RP doesn't mean that they're invincible, they're simply made for a higher level of combat. I didn't really make that clear, so my bad.

I never intended to one hit touch disable people, it would be more similar to choking someone, they're going to be strangled if they don't do anything but at least at the beginning you can still move and whatnot. I could probably write that better but meh it's late. :P

Yeah, I'll work on this.

Thank you for the advice! I hope to be terrorizing random NPC's on the streets to feed my ego and make Shellshredder look tough Heroes before too long. :P

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

OOC: I thought Stormer could just sense when Heroes were mucking around.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Oops

He stumbled mid-whistle, his cover blown. He turned to Stormer. "I, uh, we just... You know what? I got nothing."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

Thumper agreed wholeheartedly with Bulk's idea. She waited, ready to jump in and help the others, if needed. Maybe she would have the chance to impress Bulk without making a fool of herself at the same time!

She noticed the flying being, but since they weren't attacking, quickly lost herself in excitement again.

~

OOC: Oh, and Dark One: I figured it was something like that. Hope you have fun here too! Be sure to post your edited profile, or edit the old one and post you've done it when you're done!

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC NPC Bulk - With Thumper and 78:

He opened a comm channel to Saracen and Gorn. "Hey, Rune, tell that guy that you'll back off if he lets Gorn go. If he keeps hasslin' ya, well..."

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne.

"No!" He hissed back, while waiting for Night Stalker's next move, "I'm done trying to negotiate with these scum! All they ever do is lie, and cheat, and steal, and escape, which is what got Hero Factory destroyed in the first place!" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC MED BOTS (W/RIOT)

The med bots caught up with Riot. "What seems to be the problem?" one of them said, confused. It seemed to it that the Hero was fine. The other one looked around at the Hero, wheeling around him looking for damage.

Also, on a different note, would Marrow be able to find any Quaza from the Factory's vault left lying around?

OOC: There is some in the area near the Assembly Tower, probably locked up in a secure area. Probably not a lot, though - I'd imagine that Mr. Makuro would frequently order specific quaza gradients for his Hero construction from the quarry. This reserve would probably be for emergency core transplants. 

OOC: Aagh I'd forgotten how fast this game moves.
Anywho, if anyone could fill me in on the specifics of what's going down at the site of the Factory, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, new profiles:

NAME:  Demoman [VILLAIN]
POWERS/ABILITIES/WEAPONS: Massively strong and tough, Demoman's primary weapons are the two miniaturized (albeit still massive) kinetic mortars mounted on his shoulders. His strength is more than sufficient to lock himself in place while firing these weapons--though he has been known to use them as improvised jump boosters from time to time--and what they lack in firing speed and pinpoint accuracy they make up for in area-of-effect. When forced into a melee engagement, Demoman will rely on his massive claws for both offense and defense.   
APPEARANCE: MoC
BIO: Darren "Demo Man" Pick was formerly a demolitions expert for a mining company, helping to blast away layers of rock that hid valuable minerals. Though never the most even-tempered sort, he got along with his fellows tolerably enough...until his old boss retired. The new head of local operations, one Greg Copper, took an immediate dislike to Pick, and the feeling was mutual. In his final report to the higher-ups, Copper mentioned his intention to "deal with" his subordinate, though he did not elaborate. Shortly thereafter, all contact with the mining camp was lost. Investigative teams found the camp utterly destroyed, the buildings, equipment, and workers blown to fragments, The only survivor was Pick, who had apparently modified himself--or been modified--into an engine of destruction.

Now, Demoman's driving purpose is a sort of twisted vigilante mission to destroy anyone who ever harmed their subordinates unjustly...which, in his crazed mental state, means pretty much anyone wielding any sort of authority.  
LOCATION: On a dropship headed toward the Hero Factory, having been captured by Artemus Schadenfreude and Sampson Echo.

Speaking of whom:

NAME: Sampson Echo [HERO]
POWERS/ABILITIES: Sampson possesses enhanced strength and durability, as well as heightened senses of hearing and touch. He is particularly sensitive to the unique frequency generated by his sonic cannon, allowing him to use it for echolocation. In addition, he is equipped with a state of the art internal galactic compass to aid navigation.  
WEAPONS: Sampson's preferred weapon is the sonic cannon built into his right arm. It is a very versatile instrument, by turns loud enough to blast boulders to rubble or soft enough to barely be audible. He can also adjust the width of the sonic beam, though high-powered wide-bore blasts tend to have a reduced firing rate. There is a small prosthesis-style split-hook hidden beneath the barrel.

Sampson also carries a simple glaive, which he uses as both a melee weapon and a walking stick.
APPEARANCE: MoC
BIO: Sampson Echo was still a rookie when he went on the fateful mission that destroyed his eyes. Shrapnel from an explosion was driven through his ocular receptors and through his skull, missing vital components in his brain by micrometers.  The shards couldn't be extracted without destroying his brain...so it was necessary to improvise. After a few cycles of adjustment to his condition and the new weaponry he had been issued to compensate for it, Sampson was back in the field once more, and performing as well as ever.

Though never the most outgoing Hero, Sampson Echo withdrew into himself following the accident, keeping to himself and never speaking unless necessary--and then generally as tersely and quietly as possible. He is, however, reasonably good friends with Artemus Schadenfreude, who has taken it upon himself to ease the blind Hero out of his shell, though he's been careful to take it slow, and thus has had limited success so far.

Demoman approved. Samson Echo not approved to avoid confusion with another character named Echo; change the name please. :)

=IC: Night Stalker

As Night Stalker snatched up Gorn he used his gun arm as a club, smashing it into Gorn's sword arm and letting loose with a few energy rounds and bullets at point blank range, aiming to blast the arm off.  As the first few energy blasts strike his legs he almost falls but manages to turn around instead, putting Gorn in between him and Saracen and forcing the flying hero to either shoot Gorn or stop.

Unfortunately, Night Stalker had failed to take into account one important thing - he was quite a bit bigger than Gorn, making the hero near useless as a shield. He opened fire at Night Stalker's feet and the ground around them.

Even if he managed to avoid getting his feet directly mangled, the high-impact blasts would still tear chunks out of the unstable ground, and given that he'd already had his legs damaged, hopefully it would be enough to bring him down.

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker in fact had not over looked this fact, and was holding Gorn at an angle that gave him the most protection.  However, the ground around him was not nearly as well protected as he was, and (assuming Saracen doesn't risk shooting Gorn) it does not hold up well to the powerful energy blasts.  Night Stalker finds himself falling as the ground beneath him shatters.

IC: Scourge- Shady bar

Having been eavesdropping on Uerub's conversation like practically everyone else in the bar, Scourge decided that this would be a great opportunity to stock up on some food. Chuckling evilly, the monstrosity cloaked itself before exiting the bar to silently follow the hero, leaving the hand from the severed arm it had been eating on the counter, clutching the bartender's payment.

OOC: Out of curiosity, was Scourge playing the bartender for this particular bar, or did he just steal the bartender's money off the table and run off with it?

GM NPC ROCKA

"Yep, this is Striker's Pod," Rocka said to Vex. "Which means that Striker is either still on this station or he found another way off." 

GM NPC FURNO

Furno blasted with his flame blaster at the duck, hoping to drive it away.

IC: Markus Vex - Space Station.

"Why would he need another way off?" Markus frowned, trying to make sense of the situation, "I mean, he let the prisoner loose, took him to a fast food restaurant, photographed it and put it up on social media - he clearly doesn't care about drawing attention." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Scourge was supposed to be sitting at the bar, drinking, while eating the severed arm of the police officer it killed earlier. Once it decided to leave to hunt Focus and Uerub, it left the money to pay for it's drinks in the grip of the officer's severed hand, which it left on the counter, because Scourge probably thought it was funny.

Despite his opponent beginning to fall, Gorn continued in his attempt to sever both of Night Stalker's forearms. The villains distracted state practically guaranteed his dismemberment.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Oh, I apologize. I thought that Night Stalker had grabbed Gorn by the breastplate for some reason. Now that I think about it, that's pretty much impossible.

Gorn's sword deactivating caused him to miss Night Stalker's arm entirely. Fortunately, this also caused Night Stalker to miss as well. The villain's blow went in between Gorn's arm and his own, and the energy blasts pulverized an innocent piece of debris a few meters away. Having realized that Von Nebula was behind his sword malfunctioning, Gorn immediately ignited the blade, using all of his willpower and strength in his hand to keep the switch in the "on" position, while quickly transitioning into an upward slash, one that would easily cleave through both of Night Stalker's arms should the villain not react in time.

OOC: Night Stalker's hands are not that big. :P  Fun fact: The version of Night Stalker on the LMBs did have a massive claw on one hand which was plenty big enough to pick up a hero.

Night Stalker pulled his arm back to punch again, the plasma sword missing it by a hair.  This is the point where Night Stalker finds himself falling.  His arms flail out instinctively, accidently hurling Gorn away from him and over the edge of the crater.  However his flailing did nothing to stop him from falling as the ground shattered beneath him, sending him toppling onto his back.

IC: Jonathan Splint - Crash Site

"No idea. I've been inside since I got back from Tranquis. Perhaps Mission Control knows." He quickly assessed Buckley's condition, then placed one hand on him. Nanites began flowing into the old bot's systems, searching for severed wires and crushed pistons to repair.

OOC: I could use a description of the extent of Buckley's injuries, or at least the things that would be obvious to Splint.

~Unit#phntk#1

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- FINISH HIM!

Gorn got back up to his feet the instant he touched a solid surface. Rushing over to the villain, Gorn planted one foot firmly on Night Stalker's chest. The position, combined with the villain's damaged legs, ensured that he would not be able to get up. He planted the other on his gun arm, preventing the villain from shooting at him. Concentrating, Gorn raised his blade into the air, and stabbed downwards at the villain's chest. The blow would kill Night Stalker instantly.

"Your life ends here."

"Hey, wait!" He fired a shot at Gorn's blade, hoping to knock it away from striking a killing blow. "He's beaten. It's finished." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Jonathan Splint - Crash Site

"No idea. I've been inside since I got back from Tranquis. Perhaps Mission Control knows." He quickly assessed Buckley's condition, then placed one hand on him. Nanites began flowing into the old bot's systems, searching for severed wires and crushed pistons to repair.

OOC: I could use a description of the extent of Buckley's injuries, or at least the things that would be obvious to Splint.

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, City Outskirts. 

He didn't say anything, just leaned back and let the nanites do their work. In the back of his mind, he couldn't help but wonder if nanites alone would even be enough.

Having had a wall of earth teleport into existence around his ship while it was travelling at high speed had crushed most of his body, and what parts weren't already broken had likely been crumpled during the second crash, when the planet had vanished and his ship had tumbled out of the sky. The only reason he hadn't died already was because of his enhanced durability power and because his player didn't want his character dying as a result of something so ridiculous.

Edited by Shadow Nato

OOC: Ferro's poor, singed face.

IC: A duck - Advancing Towards Future Victories

The blast flew by her, narrowly missing. She realised these creatures clearly had the advantage in this small, cramped place, and she didn't even like this place that much anyway. With a final peck to the nose, she left them to their dry, ugly metal box and flapped out the door for a much better residence.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ducks Are Technically Aquatic Creatures

Flood watched the creature waddle out from his spot on the floor, and then felt a pang of realisation.

"Oh!" he said happily. "I should have known from that incredible quack. Antropolis Fury Duck. Very territorial, temperamental creatures. They're, quite interestingly, one of the few organic waterfowl that can subsist on a diet of metallic creatures. Usually small mechanoid invertebrates. There's been research into using them for anything from natural oil spill cleanup to guard pets, but they've got too much of a temper."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Night Stalker struggled to rise from the hole in the ground as Gorn tried to pin him down.  He stepped onto his chest, which was a problem.  Then he stepped onto his arm.  That fixed the problem.  Night Stalker heaved upwards with his arm, hopefully knocking Gorn off.  The moment his gun was free he emptied his whole gas clip on Gorn, the concentration high enough that even he needed to get out of the cloud asap.  Gorn's already corroded armor had about a second before the gas would get eat through it and start messing with his systems, and assuming his plasma sword has less armor than he it's as good as gone.

Night Stalker manages to get to his feet even as small holes start appearing in his own armor.  That's when the gas gets into the hole Gorn put in the back of his knee.  That leg stops functioning, sending Night Stalker toppling to the ground yet again.  He begins dragging himself out of the cloud, the concentration lessening as he progresses.

IC: Riot - Hero Factory (Ruins)

"You mean besides feeling like the entire factory just collapsed on top of me?" he responded, making no effort to hide his displeasure about having to climb back up to the surface. "Oh, nothing... provided that everyone else's vision is currently malfunctioning as well."

OOC: His eyes and optic cables are fine, but the "occipital lobe" of his "brain" has suffered some relatively minor damage, due to hitting his head down in Villain Storage. Taking his current surroundings into account, however, it would probably be best to bring him aboard The Astral before attempting any repairs, as the dusty ruins of the factory doesn't strike me as the optimal place to perform such a delicate procedure.

Otherwise, he should be fine after spending some time recharging his Hero Core.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Eloise Thumper -IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

After allowing Quadal inside, she turned to the Heroes carrying the casualty. "This way, please."

She led the way down the hall.

OOC: Can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure Shade and Shard were carrying Echo?

OOC: Shade's using a fireman's carry on the corpsicle; Shard's hand is free.

IC: Shade - Fort Room

Shade walked down the hall straining against the weight of his precious corpsicle. "What are you planning to do with this corpse once you have it where you want it?," he asked Selphi between strides.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Jason Ferro- It Burns!

The last thing Ferro had known, a flaming black thing had been flying at his face, probably about to latch onto his face and lay eggs in his chest, or something.

"Tell me about it. I can't decide if what just happened lightened the mood, or made things worse."

OOC: Would Night Stalker really be able to throw Gorn off of him using only one arm, that quickly after being knocked over? Keep in mind that the whole point of what Gorn did was to kill Night Stalker before he has a chance to react. Falling generally leaves you helpless for several seconds, which Gorn knows and is taking advantage of.

Hi everyone. I've been roleplaying on the LMB's for over two years now and I decided this looked interesting enough to steal more of my time. I haven't roleplayed here before, so if I'm doing something out of line please let me know.

Name: Shellshredder

Affiliation: Neutral/Villian

Powers:

Regenesis- Having unique regenerational abilities, he is capable of pulling himself back together even if he is blown into hundreds of pieces. He is also capable of replacing parts if they are utterly destroyed, as if thrown into a star or something. However, this takes time and he cannot simply get replacement or parts. (Please note that while this makes it almost impossible to destroy him permanently, the more damaged he is, the longer it takes him to pull back together, especially if you scatter his parts all across town)

Hunger/Diffusion- Capable of draining energy on touch, he can render a foe unconscious in seconds if allowed to do so unhindered. High energy weapons, such as plasma or lightning weapons, also deal little damage to his form. However, he is unable to simply get replacement limbs due to this trait, as they would simply shut down completely upon being connected to him. He seems to be an utter vacuum for energy, any sucked into him shunted into oblivion, by means unknown. Parts that are disconnected from the main body are unable to utilize this power (so he can't just throw his hand at someone and shut them down =P ).

Endurance- Due to his most strange nature, he doesn't appear to run on any source of known energy and never has been seen recharging. Due to his unique physiology, weapons such as EMP's are ineffective on him.

Appearance/Description:

Shellshredder looks, from all appearances, as if he is undead. Very strangely, he seems to have no power source, nor is there any trace of energy in his form detectable to current technology. His body appears to have no central processor or any real inner workings, appearing to be little more than a lifeless shell, the Hero Factory equivalent of a zombie. His head resembles the Mask of the Soulless, an artifact found only in ancient legends. However, it appears to only be a makeshift recreation of it, parts that should be glowing are nothing more than a blank emptiness and its appearance black and silver. His body is primarily silver and black, of average size. While he appears heavily armored, he is little more than a shell, giving him a most unusual appearance.

Legendary Mask of the Soulless, the legend of which Shellshredder based his head/helmet's design upon:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134131110@N07/22622935086/

Bio:

No one knows when this husk of a being first appeared. For the most part he stayed in the shadows, recovering from some malady unseen to others. As he began to consider things other than self survival, he suddenly realized how purposeless his former life was. There was no point in seeking revenge on the one who broke him and there was nothing left of his former world, or, at least, there wasn't going to be. Thus, he started the life of crime. No one in their right mind would tread anywhere near him and he frankly didn't see the point of being 'nice'. Claiming affiliation with none, his sense of morals is practically nonexistent and he will ally with both Hero and Villain alike when he deems it necessary, although he almost always works with criminals, as when he decided to do something 'productive', it generally isn't for everyone's best interests.

Antopolis City. (Unless I can just appear in the Grunge, in which case he will have already arrived there, if I'm not getting something right, I'm new, sorry =P)

GM fishers here. Apologies for the wait. Unfortunately, SkullShredder not approved for the following reasons: 

1. There are no invulnerable characters in this RPG. Characters can die, and characters have died in here. Every character must be able to be killed in SOME way (this doesn't have to be obvious, and the character doesn't have to broadcast it, but it needs to exist). For example, a character could be immune to nuclear bombs and radiation, but susceptible to lasers. They could be incredibly fire resistant, but drown in a flood; they could be resistant to hard punches and susceptible to pet turtles. Whatever. 

The regeneration ability makes it so that no character can kill this guy. If I nuke him, laser him, etc - he's just going to come back together again.

(Side note: I really need to put this rule in the first post of the RPG. Sorry about that.)

2. The Hunger ability is an auto-hitting tool. Auto-hits are not allowed because they take away from the fun of the RP. This ability makes it so that no melee fighter can stand a chance against this guy, and even a projectile user would have a hard time because of the regeneration ability - he would just regenerate in the face of the shots, and if they move in to try to overcome that, they are down. 

3. A zombie-like character is allowed, but he would need a different explanation for it than a Bionicle mask. This is a Hero Factory RPG. Also the lightness of the character could be a weakness...and how intelligent is this guy? I wonder.

4. Your character can start in the Grunge District if he is approved. I need to update the Character Starting Locations in the first post. Sorry about that. 

5. Finally, I want everyone to be able to play, so having a background in the LMB is not a problem (in fact I encourage people from the LMBs to come play! The more the merrier!). But unfortunately we run RPGs differently on this website, and a bunch of people have already signed on to the RPG under these rules, so you're going to have to follow them in order to play. 

I also try not to approve profiles that other players object to, and Zippy's objections have been noted in this case. This is not to say that your profile will never be approved, but that I expect you to take what she says seriously when revising the profile. 

Next, the powers. I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure they would be considered overpowered in the scope of the RPG. This is a thing that a lot of people have trouble with, so do not feel bad in the slightest! It can be a tricky thing to figure out. The first power, the regenerating one, would most certainly be considered overpowered. There is exactly one character with regeneration powers on level with him, and that character is the GM's appointed Super Powerful Villain. 

OOC: Actually the "GM appointed Super Powerful Villain" doesn't have regeneration powers - he has matter absorption and transmutation powers. If I threw Traferous in a vacuum, he would be able to regenerate until his pocket dimension ran out of matter (which would be really fast, since anything in a vacuum desentegrates and/or freezes...and then he would die.

OOC: Don't worry, you're not the first nor the last to need changes, especially for your character's issues.

OOC: I can vouch for this. Many of my characters have either needed changes to some minor aspects, or have had the issue so integrated into their core concept that I've had to let them go completely.

OOC: I'd like to also point out that I'm not the only GM here on BZPower who does this - I'm not the only one here who is so draconian. :P

IC: Marrow - Hero Factory Ruins

Marrow finally caught a faint whiff of Quaza. Lots of it. With its side now a smoldering wreck, it began limping in the direction of foood.

IC: Blink - The Alleys

Blink ducked into an alley of her own. She knew the web of roads and side-streets by heart and could predict fairly accurately where Core and Uerub would come out. She'd just catch up with them there and figure out what this whole "witch" deal was about.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Shoot, forgot about that. Hm. Well, it feels like a copout to have her emerge unscathed, but I don't especially want to have her burst into flames either. Wait, was Furno actually aiming to hit her, or scare her?

OOC: It's too late now, Zippy. Your goose is cooked. :P

• Upvote 8

OOC: I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that depending on the type of oil and how hot the flames are, the oil may not have ignited. The oil could have a relatively high flash point. Oils generally are slow to ignite, and burn even more slowly. They're not exactly like gasoline.

Edited by Vicarath

OOC: It seems as if Night Stalker will either die soon or be incarcerated for life.  What better time to post a new profile?

Name: Alexis Ruby, Hero

Powers and Abilities: Ruby’s motors have the ability to operate at a much faster speed than normal.  This allows her to perform at nearly twice the normal speed.  However, this drains power more quickly, so she uses this ability sparingly.  Ruby’s boots also contain magnets, allowing her to run along any strongly magnetic surface.  However, she tends to stay away from ceilings.  Any fast movement on them results in very little contact between the metal surface and the magnets in her boots, which wouldn’t be enough to support her.

Weapon: Ruby carries a sniper scythe, the most perfect weapon in the universe (according to Ruby).  As it’s name implies, it is a combination of an energy scythe and a high power, anti personnel sniper rifle.  The blade of the sniper scythe is made of crimson energy, and it shoots powerful energy blasts of the same color.  The weapon itself is made of black metal with hints of red to match the blade.

Note: It does not have the massive recoil as seen in RWBY.

Appearance: Ruby is an average hero, wearing mostly red armor with hints of black.  Her core and eyes are silver.

Bio: Alexis Ruby is a fairly new hero, a bit naive and shy.  She is not very outgoing and has trouble making friends.  This all changes when Ruby enters a fight.  Instead of being out making friends, Ruby has spent that time practicing with her sniper scythe, which accounts for the level of skill she has despite not being active long.  In a fight she changes from a young, shy hero to a dangerous combatant, highly skilled and capable.

I just binge watched all of RWBY a few weeks ago, and this is the closest I will ever get to owning a sniper scythe. Don't judge. :P

Edited by Vestak

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

She smiled at Shade. "The usual analyses. The coroner didn't come in today, sadly, but I suppose that means he is presumably alive and well somewhere. I've assisted him enough to know what to do."

IC: Shade - Corridor

The thing he was holding was leaving a trail of freshly thawed ice in small puddles behind Shade. He struggled to keep it on his shoulder as he walked and asked, "So you won't be cutting it up or anything then?"

Edited by Vicarath

OOC: Shoot, forgot about that. Hm. Well, it feels like a copout to have her emerge unscathed, but I don't especially want to have her burst into flames either. Wait, was Furno actually aiming to hit her, or scare her?

OOC: He was trying to get her to leave, not kill her. 

OOC: It seems as if Night Stalker will either die soon or be incarcerated for life.  What better time to post a new profile?

Name: Alexis Ruby

Powers and Abilities: Ruby’s motors have the ability to operate at a much faster speed than normal.  This allows her to perform at nearly twice the normal speed.  However, this drains power more quickly, so she uses this ability sparingly.  Ruby’s boots also contain magnets, allowing her to run along any strongly magnetic surface.  However, she tends to stay away from ceilings.  Any fast movement on them results in very little contact between the metal surface and the magnets in her boots, which wouldn’t be enough to support her.

Weapon: X carries a sniper scythe, the most perfect weapon in the universe (according to X).  As it’s name implies, it is a combination of an energy scythe and a high power sniper rifle.  The blade of the sniper scythe is made of crimson energy, and it shoots powerful energy blasts of the same color.  The weapon itself is made of black metal with hints of red to match the blade.

Appearance: Ruby is an average hero, wearing mostly red armor with hints of black.  Her core and eyes are silver.

Bio: Alexis Ruby is a fairly new hero, a bit naive and shy.  She is not very outgoing and has trouble making friends.  This all changes when Ruby enters a fight.  Instead of being out making friends, Ruby has spent that time practicing with her sniper scythe, which accounts for the level of skill she has despite not being active long.  In a fight she changes from a young, shy hero to a dangerous combatant, highly skilled and capable.

I just binge watched all of RWBY a few weeks ago, and this is the closest I will ever get to owning a sniper scythe. Don't judge. :P

Is this a Hero or a Villain? Otherwise, this profile looks fine by me. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous tried not to look insulted. "I retain the power to make my own decisions," he said coolly, "but I do not presume to control the decisions of others. Everyone aboard my ship is able to think and reason for themselves."

"And before you accuse me of being a 'playboy', you might try talking to Fravapolis Saran herself later. If I ever treated her with anything less than the respect she deserves, she would have long since left my ship and my employ. The last individual who took advantage of her ended up falling through three floors of a building and got burned and stabbed into an unrecognizable bloody mess."

GM NPC MED BOTS

The two med bots looked at Riot's eyes for a few seconds, and concluded that the damage to Hero's vision was internal. "Please come with us, Agent Riot," they said, in annoying unison. 

GM NPC ROCKA

"It's not like he didn't know you were mad at him," Rocka reasoned. "Maybe he thought you would come after him here."
Edited by fishers64

IC: Creator/Caretaker - New Dawn, Command Bridge. 

The ark fell into a closer orbit around the asteroid, devouring the drifting debris left in the wake of the mystery planet's destruction. "Any news?" The Creator strode back onto the bridge, carapace and armour gleaming clean once more.

"Nothing," The Caretaker shook her head, "Neither of them have tried making contact since you last spoke to Vale." 

"I'll try to contact them, then." 

"Why?"

The sudden question stopped him short. "What do you mean, why?"

"This is supposed to be an ark, a place of peace and refuge for our people, not a private playground for those destructive freaks." Her four beady eyes narrowed at him, her mandibles clicking angrily as she spoke, "My duty, first and foremost, is to this ship and those it protects. Allowing you to bring that drill-obsessed weirdo and the creepy space witch on board was a mistake." 

"Sister, you're making a mistake," he tried to wrest control of the interface away from her, but to his surprise she stepped forwards and shoved him, breaking his concentration, "What is wrong with you?" 

"I'm supposed to take care of everyone on this ship, and that includes you." Seeds spilled from her open hand, scattering across the fleshy floor and sprouting vines that wound their way around his legs, effectively pinning him in place, "Those two aren't interested in you or your aims. They're just using you - using us - to further their own ends."

He laughed, "You think I don't realise that?" He reached down and began tearing away the vines with his left hand, the mechanical talons shredding the thin foliage with ease, "I know they have their own goals, and I don't care. They're still like us. Alone, adrift, searching for acceptance. And until they find their own places in this universe, or prove themselves our enemies, they will be welcome here, on my ship."

"Bu... I..." she broke off, anger giving in to meek acceptance, "...I'm sorry." 

Once again he tried to take control of the interface, and this time she didn't interfere, "Do not forget your place, my sister. You may be this ship's carer, but I am it's captain." He tapped into the comms, attempting to contact his allies down on the planet. "Max Vale, Var Vicious, this is The Creator. Can either of you hear me?" 

OOC: The appearance section labels her as a Hero, but I'm more worried about what type of sniper rifle that weapon is trying to emulate.

As someone who also watches RWBY, I've seen the source of inspiration behind said weapon regularly go up against targets easily the size of elephants, and even a few heavily armored mechs/ship-sized creatures, leading me to believe that it possesses somewhere around the same amount of power as an anti-tank rifle. Since a lot of people use the label as a blanket term when refering to a variety of similar long-range weapons, however, the description above is still technically accurate. For the purposes of this RPG though, I think it might be best to request that Vestak goes into more detail explaining how this is actually more along the lines of an anti-personel rifle (an anti-material rifle would still be going a bit too far, in my opinion, as they can still disable lightly armored vehicles, boats, and some aircraft), just so no one ends up thinking that he's trying to turn everybody else's characters into swiss cheese with it.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC NIMIUS

Meanwhile, Nimius was almost completely thawed out...

OOC: Untrue, actually, he's still frozen regardless of the heat he's being subjected to. He'll "thaw" when I say he does, and it will happen during my posting on him. Until then, he's frozen solid, or at least he appears to be.

Also, did you forget this? http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/20001-hf-rpg-20/?p=1049128

IC: Uerub Kalslann

Uerub had in fact taken a very different route to the one that would be expected. Ducking into one of the houses, which fortunately was unoccupied at the moment, she lead Focus up through the house, and to the roof, before continuing to another house, where she continued down the house to out the door and into the very alleyway which Blink was going through. She nodded silently at her, knowing full well that she wouldn't be so bold as to attack her and the rogue hero, and then continued down the alley, motioning 'Core' to follow her quickly. There were some more methods she was willing to use if she had failed to elude her pursuers with the first trick.

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy took out his hacking kit and attached it to one of the consoles, using it as a central station for his work. He then swiftly jumped through the galactic net, reaching the Bank's servers in record time as he now began to discreetly search for a way in. Finding it, and without triggering any alarms, fortunately, he began looking around the Bank's financial data, as well as data they had on their clients. Hopefully he would find Traferous' bank account, as well as any data the bank had collected on him as their client.

IC: Andrea Plume

Andrea saw Fravi begin flying off, knowing that she couldn't let her get away before getting questioned. She dove down to Fravi's altitude, before she then started gliding alongside her. "Hey! You! I'm going to have to take you in for questioning! "

OOC: As someone who also watches RWBY, I've seen the source of inspiration behind said weapon regularly go up against targets easily the size of elephants, and even a few heavily armored mechs/ship-sized creatures, leading me to believe that it possesses somewhere around the same amount of power as an anti-tank rifle

OOC: That, and the one in the show has such ridiculously insane recoil that it's been used, on more than one occasion, to drastically slow the character's descent when falling, blast its wielder out of the way of oncoming attacks, allow its user to make massive jumps, and a whole heap of other stuff that might be considered questionable in an RPG setting. 

So yeah, I agree with Timageness' suggestion that Vestak go into a little more detail on exactly how powerful this energy scythe rifle is supposed to be.

OOC: As someone who also watches RWBY, I've seen the source of inspiration behind said weapon regularly go up against targets easily the size of elephants, and even a few heavily armored mechs/ship-sized creatures, leading me to believe that it possesses somewhere around the same amount of power as an anti-tank rifle

OOC: That, and the one in the show has such ridiculously insane recoil that it's been used, on more than one occasion, to drastically slow the character's descent when falling, blast its wielder out of the way of oncoming attacks, allow its user to make massive jumps, and a whole heap of other stuff that might be considered questionable in an RPG setting. 

So yeah, I agree with Timageness' suggestion that Vestak go into a little more detail on exactly how powerful this energy scythe rifle is supposed to be.

OOC: Yeah, I had no intention of it being nearly that powerful.  It's much more of an anti personnel weapon.  No anti tank or massive recoils.  I'll go edit that.

IC: Blink - Mechna Alley Labyrinth

Blink hurried along with Core and Uerub. She had no doubt the bounty hunter knew the maze just as well as she did, but if they got into a scrape, she might be able to find a way out that the others missed.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer