fishers64

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker struggled to rise from the hole in the ground as Gorn tried to pin him down. He stepped onto his chest, which was a problem. Then he stepped onto his arm. That fixed the problem. Night Stalker heaved upwards with his arm, hopefully knocking Gorn off. The moment his gun was free he emptied his whole gas clip on Gorn, the concentration high enough that even he needed to get out of the cloud asap. Gorn's already corroded armor had about a second before the gas would get eat through it and start messing with his systems, and assuming his plasma sword has less armor than he it's as good as gone.

Night Stalker manages to get to his feet even as small holes start appearing in his own armor. That's when the gas gets into the hole Gorn put in the back of his knee. That leg stops functioning, sending Night Stalker toppling to the ground yet again. He begins dragging himself out of the cloud, the concentration lessening as he progresses.

OOC: I would think that Night Stalker's poor reflexes would prevent him from doing anything like that in the split-second he would have before Gorn kills him.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Jonathan Splint - Fixing Buckley

The medic tapped into his comms unit. "Georje, this is Splint. I need you to bring a stretcher," he said, while at the same time retrieving the diagnostic tool in his triage kit. He slowly waved it over Buckley's crumpled body. The device would inform Splint about major internal problems, but more importantly, it would tell him what his patient's Core energy levels were at.

OOC: Splint's diagnostic tool is probably similar to this, but with an actual screen instead of lights.

Can I assume that all four of Buckley's limbs are still attached to his body and somewhat functional, given that he's moved around a little?

~Unit#phntk#1

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- FINISH HIM!

Gorn got back up to his feet the instant he touched a solid surface. Rushing over to the villain, Gorn planted one foot firmly on Night Stalker's chest. The position, combined with the villain's damaged legs, ensured that he would not be able to get up. He planted the other on his gun arm, preventing the villain from shooting at him. Concentrating, Gorn raised his blade into the air, and stabbed downwards at the villain's chest. The blow would kill Night Stalker instantly.

"Your life ends here."

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne.

"Hey, wait!" He fired a shot at Gorn's blade, hoping to knock it away from striking a killing blow. "He's beaten. It's finished." 

OOC: I couldn't find a reply from Gorn to this. From what I can tell, he's acting like Saracen never tried to shoot his sword aside.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC NPC Bulk - With Thumper and 78:

"GORN, STOP!" he shouted over the comms.

IC Helen - Facing Traferous:

Helen allowed herself a smirk. "I'm sure you're quite the charmer," she quipped before becoming serious again. "But none of that answers my question: Why? Why would a formally respectable socialite like yourself gather a bunch of thugs and go around doing Maker-knows-what to innocent civilians? You have yet to prove to me that someone else isn't holding your leash."

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral

"There will probably some analysis of the casualty's insides involved," she said wistfully, opening the door into the lab. "You'd be surprised what you can find in there. Once, we had a body dumped in a lake we were analysing for a small planetoid, and there was an eel living in the belly of the casualty. It was a very charming find."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - !!!

That was odd. She peered at the fight. They had the villain down, but why was that Hero lifting-

Surely not-

Bulk's shout confirmed it. Bulk could take care of the maybe-villain. She bolted for the fight. Villain or not, Heroes did not shoot downed opponents.

~

OOC: With the duck, I'm gonna combine Fishers' not aiming to kill and Unit's oil maybe not igniting to leave my post be, though I'll edit out the singed feathers.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Shade - Thinking of a Quick Escape

Shade waited for her to walk into the lab and asked, "Will the body be able to support another core after you're done? You won't do anything permanently damaging to it, will you?"

Saracen had fired when the sword was already in mid stab, knocking it to the side. Not enough for Night Stalker to completely avoid being stabbed, but enough to prevent instant death. Bulk's order fell on deaf ears. Not a chance. He had lost almost everything in a situation like this before. He wouldn't let it happen again...

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Mona Selphi - Awkward Standoff

Selphi was, in fact, waiting for Shade to enter. She made no move to walk through the doorway nor did she respond to the awkwardness of the situation.

She said, "The body will be analysed and then prepared for a respectful service. Or, well, as respectful as it can be, considering how it has been treated so far. Some might find what you and your friend did to be distasteful."

~

OOC: I'd post with Thumper to do a Perfect Timing Tackle on Gorn, but she's probably too far away. :c

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

The medic tapped into his comms unit. "Georje, this is Splint. I need you to bring a stretcher," he said, while at the same time retrieving the diagnostic tool in his triage kit. He slowly waved it over Buckley's crumpled body. The device would inform Splint about major internal problems, but more importantly, it would tell him what his patient's Core energy levels were at.

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, City Outskirts. 

Splint's scan would likely find numerous instances of internal damage - wires shredded by his armour crumpling inwards, servos jolted loose of their connections, circuits shattered by the impact - although his core still hovered around 50% charge, as Buckley had largely been using his shotgun and ship during the battle, rather than his other powers. 

Saracen had fired when the sword was already in mid stab, causing the blast to fly harmlessly over Gorn's hands. 

OOC: I'm pretty sure I specified that Saracen was aiming at the blade, not the handle. Considering that the blade is being stabbed directly downwards, I don't entirely understand why Saracen's shot would miss completely and somehow fly over Gorn's hands instead.

You can't just go and say an attack has missed when your character's done nothing to dodge or evade that attack. 

Can I assume that all four of Buckley's limbs are still attached to his body and somewhat functional, given that he's moved around a little?

Limited functionality, I'd say. He probably can't walk, or he wouldn't still be sitting in his ship waiting for someone to come to him. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Edited. Though, would Saracen be able fire accurately enough to hit Gorn's sword in the first place, considering he's flying at the moment?

OOC: Saracen's one tactical power is flight, and his one weapon is his rifle. He wouldn't be much use if he couldn't use those two things together, so yes, he knows how to aim accurately while hovering or flying. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: FOCUS [GRUNGE DISTRICT]

Focus continued to follow Uerub closely, sparing Blink a wary glance as the newcomer found them again but otherwise not reacting.

If worst came to worst, it would be a simple matter to contact the Kestrel and fire the homing missiles at any targets - cloaked or not - that might be following.

IC: Mona Selphi - Minor Victory

She entered after Shade and gestured to a metal bench she'd cleared off and given a quick scrub. "No, no. That is mainly an organic tradition. Our bodies do not break down nearly as quickly as theirs. Burying a robot may even damage the soil."

IC: Shade - Slightly Relieved

Shade placed the immobile block of icy-robot on the bench and then turned his full attention to Selphi. "I still think it is unnecessary for you to explore the damages on the body at all. I was there and saw most of what happened and can tell you anything you need to know. Unless, of course, you actually need the details of how damaged the hero was when it died. The reason I wish to avoid any potentially damaging meddling with the corpse is because I plan to put another... person in this particular body. Or try to in any case. I hope to have it back once you're done."

Night Stalker struggled to rise from the hole in the ground as Gorn tried to pin him down. He stepped onto his chest, which was a problem. Then he stepped onto his arm. That fixed the problem. Night Stalker heaved upwards with his arm, hopefully knocking Gorn off. The moment his gun was free he emptied his whole gas clip on Gorn, the concentration high enough that even he needed to get out of the cloud asap. Gorn's already corroded armor had about a second before the gas would get eat through it and start messing with his systems, and assuming his plasma sword has less armor than he it's as good as gone.

Night Stalker manages to get to his feet even as small holes start appearing in his own armor. That's when the gas gets into the hole Gorn put in the back of his knee. That leg stops functioning, sending Night Stalker toppling to the ground yet again. He begins dragging himself out of the cloud, the concentration lessening as he progresses.

OOC: I would think that Night Stalker's poor reflexes would prevent him from doing anything like that in the split-second he would have before Gorn kills him.

OOC: Split second?  I imagined more time than that, my bad.  Ignore that then, I'll just reply to your next post.

Saracen had fired when the sword was already in mid stab, knocking it to the side. Not enough for Night Stalker to completely avoid being stabbed, but enough to prevent instant death. Bulk's order fell on deaf ears. Not a chance. He had lost almost everything in a situation like this before. He wouldn't let it happen again...

Night Stalker roared in pain, spasms wracking his body and launching Gorn off of him.  Night Stalker struggles to rise, but he finds that his legs are dead.  His eyes burn hatred, but right now his mind is on surviving, no matter how good dissolving Gorn away would feel.  He shouts, loud enough for all to hear.  "Since when do heroes try to murder villains who are stuck in a hole?  You know what, hero?  You're no better than me."

OOC: Hey does anyone have any good ideas for bringing in Ruby?  I'm having trouble thinking of one since the factory just got exploded.

IC: Mona Selphi - Lab

She raised an eyebrow. "I was wondering why you seemed so adamant about me not following proper procedure. But, I'm afraid you will have to go elsewhere for dead bodies. Firstly, presuming this 'person' is in fact either a dead Hero core or a dead core with the necessary processor files, I'm sure you are well aware that once a Hero core is drained completely, it cannot be re-started like any old battery by sticking it in another body.

"Now, if it isn't a dead core- say, one that has not had its Quaza charged yet, or one that was removed before running out of charge and thus, like the aforementioned battery, is keeping its charge with minimal loss of power- then the issues are with the old chestnut of ethics and regulation. It can cause marginal distress in both friends of the deceased and the 'new person' themselves to take a dead body and seed a new personality into it. Especially for the new personality. You wouldn't believe how much it can mess with a person to learn their body was once someone else's."

Selphi placed her beetle in a little jar before setting about the body. She took some tools to carefully melt the ice. "Then, of course, there is the core transplant. This wouldn't put a new person into the body, but would alter base elements of the personality of the old one. With how long this fellow has been dead, and the abuse he's been put under, I highly doubt a core transplant would help."

OOC: Please tell me if any of this isn't agreeable with any of you. In the show, it mentions Bulk getting a core transplant would change his personality, and that the first charge of a Quaza core seems to 'activate' something, and from Breez and Surge's comments, it seems to be something regarding personality and/or identity. It also shows a Hero's processors being in both the head and chest. I've been working under the theory that the Quaza composition or molecular arrangement issues a Hero some baseline personality traits, which are built upon with memories and experiences. Replacing it changes the baseline personality behind their decisions, changing how they'd react in certain situations. This is a theory, though, so if you find it disagreeable, please let me know.

Also, while it mentions in the show that Hero cores apparently can't be recharged if they're run completely flat, I figured one removed before running flat would lose charge at a much slower pace.

If you guys have any issue with this- seriously, any issue at all- then let me know. C:

OOC: The appearance section labels her as a Hero, but I'm more worried about what type of sniper rifle that weapon is trying to emulate.

As someone who also watches RWBY, I've seen the source of inspiration behind said weapon regularly go up against targets easily the size of elephants, and even a few heavily armored mechs/ship-sized creatures, leading me to believe that it possesses somewhere around the same amount of power as an anti-tank rifle. Since a lot of people use the label as a blanket term when refering to a variety of similar long-range weapons, however, the description above is still technically accurate. For the purposes of this RPG though, I think it might be best to request that Vestak goes into more detail explaining how this is actually more along the lines of an anti-personel rifle (an anti-material rifle would still be going a bit too far, in my opinion, as they can still disable lightly armored vehicles, boats, and some aircraft), just so no one ends up thinking that he's trying to turn everybody else's characters into swiss cheese with it.

OOC: Pardon me for not being up-to-date on my pop culture references. Never really was one for anime. 

GM IC NIMIUS

Meanwhile, Nimius was almost completely thawed out...

OOC: Untrue, actually, he's still frozen regardless of the heat he's being subjected to. He'll "thaw" when I say he does, and it will happen during my posting on him. Until then, he's frozen solid, or at least he appears to be.

Also, did you forget this? http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/20001-hf-rpg-20/?p=1049128

OOC: Sorry, GM post nulled due to stupidity. And yep. 

OOC: If twice the flight power of Saracen won't work, then I guess I'll just have to settle for a partial percentage!

Hero Profile:  

Name: Penelope "Peppy" Starburst (formerly known as Penelope Darkshade)

Powers and Abilities:

"Starburst": Peppy has the power to create glowing ember-like apparitions as well as flashes which serve little purpose other than to distract enemies. She can control their brightness, all the way up to them being blindingly bright. This ability is actually only a sub-set of her real powers, which is the power to manipulate light particles in an area. This was meant to allow her to cloak herself from others by creating zones of darkness, but she went in a completely different direction with it. 

Movement: She is also extraordinarily agile, and can fly using similar mechanisms as Saracen Rune, what with gravity manipulators and such, although modified to allow her only to reach up to 75% of her terminal velocity, as anything higher would put a strain on her body. In any case, they allow her to accelerate by 1G, aka 9.8m/s2.

Weapon(s): Although she originally possessed two vibro-daggers and a silent energy gun, she has since discarded them for a two-handed golden staff with a five-point star on one end. She can use it for close combat, although it also helps her to channel her "starburst" ability. She calls it "The Celestial Wand".

Appearance: Originally, Peppy was clad in mean-looking jet-black armour, and had red glowing eyes and core, with her helmet shaped like a skull. She has since changed her appearance, and now sports softer-looking pink and white armour. Replacing her skull helmet is a very stylized and cartoony looking skull-shaped helmet with wings on either side that resemble large puffy ponytails. Her eyes and core still glow red, but she has modified both with glass that turns the light bold pink. She has always had a short and slender build.

Bio: Originally built to be an assassin build black-ops hero, Peppy rejected that role to become a regular hero. She now takes on missions just as any of her other fellow heroes, and brings a cheery, and often at times overly optimistic, disposition to the battlefield. How ever, she can be a very efficient fighter when battling an opponent, to the point of some heroes thinking her mannerisms are just a deception to make opponents lower their guard. In reality it's just her true personality, but it does achieve said effect of deception at times.

Approved. 

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Flawed victory

Gorn rose to his feet, eyes glowing with rage. His opponent seemed have lost functionality in their legs. And now they were trying to question his morality. Pathetic.

"Me?! No better than YOU?! We are NOTHING alike! There were ten thousand innocent people working in that building, just trying to live their lives without constant fear of being robbed or killed by people like you! Now, most of them are DEAD, because YOU and your lowlife allies couldn't handle the fact that someone was trying to stop you from TERRORIZING the Galaxy! The same Galaxy that I have FOUGHT TO PROTECT ever since me and my brothers were powered on! We have stopped things more powerful than you could ever hope to be! We have stopped wars, genocides, saved MILLIONS of lives! We've made the galaxy an INFINITELY better place to live! All YOU'VE ever done is commit massacres for your own benefit! I heard about what you did in Mekron! You killed for NO reason! Those officers wanted no part of this, they had friends! Families! A REASON TO EXIST!!! You have NONE! You're nothing but a disgusting excuse for a living being! THAT's why I'm going to kill you. And believe me, nobody will miss you when I do."

Gorn slowly advanced, sword glowing, his eyes never leaving his defeated foe...

Edited by PyroLizard Prime
  • Upvote 1

GM IC JIMMY ABACUS

The first thing that Jimmy Abacus would see would be a list of transactions. There was a recent purchase of fuel, but that appeared to be an accounting formality - a transfer of funds internally between his personal finances and his business. There were many of those - payments in for salary, which weren't really that high - and small fees for recharging, etc. Mundane.

Other than those, there were a few large transactions between him and a mining company, a legitimate one that was known for mining quaza, and also known for being clean. They had never even involved themselves in the mining of Quatros. 

Further back - Jimmy was now back several years - there was a number of transactions between Traferous and his business labeled "SHIP PARTS". What might be baffling to Abacus was the fact that there was no mention of the weapons that the ship now had...and if Jimmy turned over Traferous' business finances, there was no mention of them either. 

GM IC FRAVI

"Take me where?" Fravi inquired, looking down below. "Let's land and get out of the sky. It's hard to talk in the air."

Below, she could see Furno's ship landed near the wreck. Traferous would want to know about that. Dr. Lie could wait - 78 would not have abandoned him unless he was safe. She made a turn in the air, heading back toward the battle.

OOC: Vestak, you could just say that Ruby was fighting in the battle for the Factory and got buried in the rubble. However, she would need medical treatment right off the bat, so it might be a little while before you could do anything exciting with her.

Plenty of Core power left. Good. Putting the diagnostic device away, he reached for his rod of nanites. It rapidly morphed into a crowbar, which Splint employed to pry away a piece of the ship that was pinning down the old bot's legs. 

Meanwhile, Georje had retrieved one of the stretchers from the ship and was now hastily making his way over to the wreckage.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Shadow Unit#phntk#1

IC Wolfe - Tower Ruins:

Walking up behind Gorn, Wolfe put his hand firmly on the enraged Hero's shoulder, hoping to keep him from getting any closer to Night Stalker. "Enough," the veteran growled. "He's right; the moment you step over the line, you become just like him. The civilians, your fellow Heroes, will never look at you the same way again. Is winning really so important that you would risk being feared by the very people you fight so hard to protect?"

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, City Outskirts.

"I suppose repairing my ship isn't going to be very high on the priority list of... whoever's left in charge?" He asked with a sigh, looking around at the wreckage that had once been his prized aerial fighter. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

Dropping down from where he hovered, he moved to stand between Gorn and Night Stalker, "Wolfe's right. He's beaten. There's no need to kill him. We're better than that." He reached down for a pair of cuffs, only to remember that he'd already used his last pair, "Has anyone got any spare cuffs we can use on him, and any of the others who aren't already cuffed?" 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"If I would have been a servant of someone, I would have to have a reason for it," Traferous said. "I have none. I have my own substantial clean finances, and, as you have witnessed, an extensive amount of power. I will not be controlled by someone else - if anyone tried to control me, they would have been dead long ago."

"At least...now," he reflected, making his voice lower. "It wasn't that long ago that I used to be what you are - a civilian, just like you, and a Hero came to my door asking for help. He wanted my financial help, my business lab - to build a transport staff. So the two of us - and others in my scientific lab - we worked on it together. It was supposed to be a magnetic field to move ships through space faster, and he wanted to control it with a staff, which was fine. I considered it a big privilege - I was working for a Hero!"

"Then, during our last tests, we ran into a roadblock - the magnetic fields we needed could not be generated by something that small. Von Ness - the Hero we were working for - stomped out of the lab in a rage, claiming that hiring us was a mistake. It was then I thought that something might be wrong with him. I told my secretary to contact Hero Factory in the morning to check his record and tell them what was going on. But right now, we were tired from our work, so I told my team to go home and get some rest."

"But I didn't make it through the night. I woke up in the middle of the night with the answer. The answer was gravity - the gravity of a super-dense object that the staff was connected to, but not in the staff itself. I went back to the lab, and pulled up my computer's algorithm for portal physics that my scientists had already developed but didn't think it was useful, suspended it, set the target, and put it in the staff. The staff came to life, crackling with energy. It was the magnetic power - I had left it in the staff by accident..." he shook his head. "But I thought it was working, so I picked up the staff...and then...I don't know what happened. I blacked out."

He paused. "I don't think you even believe what I'm saying at all."  

OOC: With the duck, I'm gonna combine Fishers' not aiming to kill and Unit's oil maybe not igniting to leave my post be, though I'll edit out the singed feathers.

OOC: I'm good with this. 

IC: Epix - Furno's Ship

"If what you did ended up causing him any more damage than he already had," Epix said aloud without so much as even sparing Ferro a glance, "then I'm going to personally make sure that the entire cost of his repairs comes out of your paycheck. Put. Him. Down. Now."

OOC: Figured I'd try my luck at getting this approved again, mostly just for kicks.

Name: Discordia

Character Type: Villain

Powers and Abilities: Chaos Fire - Discordia can summon a shadowy, fire-like substance from her body, intermingling with what appears to be sparks of blue, green, and purple electricity. In actuality, however, it siphons energy from whoever it hits and transfers it to her, weakening her targets while increasing her own stamina and, in some instances, even allowing her to recover from injuries faster while in a state of rest. While it causes absolutely no physical damage whatsoever, and any burning sensations felt by those targeted by this power is due to its hallucinogenic side-effect, it should also be noted that it has the potential to (at the discretion of the character's player) slowly corrupt those affected by it over an extended period of time if its essence isn't purged from their system, causing them to act more and more selfishly until they devolve into cold-blooded psychopaths.

Chaos Lightning - Discordia can also produce a form of solidified lightning from the palms of her hands, which she can then throw as a spear or use in a whip-like state to lash out against and damage potential foes with. This lightning, while solid enough to support her own body weight and possibly double as an additional form of mobility (whip mode only in regards to that last part), cannot extend beyond four feet as spears or fifteen as whips, and she is understandably quite resistant to the effects of both it and standard forms of electricity.

Weapons: Predator Blades - Two pairs of retractable, serrated blades attached to her wrists, perfect for shredding through interior circuitry or disembowling those pesky organics in close-quarters combat.

Appearance: To the horror of her victims (and that of young children everywhere), Discordia resembles a strangely attractive, vampiric, goblinesque jester. She wears a tattered, green cloak adorned with feathers of a similar color, as well as blue and gold, and the gunmetal horns protruding from the back of her head and through the hole in her hood resemble the iconic, belled hats commonly worn by those of said profession. Aside from being either pitch black or gunmetal in some areas, her body is a host to a vibrant amount of colors (most of which were hinted at in her Chaos Flame ability) with a few bits of silver and gold thrown into the mix as well.

Needless to say, the palette of her atire is quite eye-catching... which makes it all the more easier for her to pluck them out.

Bio: Not much is known about Discordia's past; her former identity, her homeworld, and the reasons for her descent into villainy remain entirely up for debate. What is known about her, however, is enough to cause even the hardiest of Villains to begin spontaneously leaking oil at the mere mention of her name. She is a remorseless killer and seemingly picks her victims at random, which means that giving her so much as a funny look or questioning her motives or tactics could easily wind up being a death sentence. She also has a habit of leaving a bloody mess almost everywhere she goes, only to spontaneously disapear, which makes tracking her current wherabouts difficult at best, as nobody knows where she is going to strike next. Her titles vary greatly amongst the criminal underworld, with some referring to her as the Emissary of Chaos while others call her the Hellequin of The Hunt.

Despite her cunning and ruthlessness, those who spend enough time in her presence can all agree on one thing, however, and that is that Discordia seems to display signs of some form of advanced mental instability. She can often be heard holding up her end of a conversation within an adjacent room, only for a potential eavesdropper to discover the room completely empty upon her departure, save for the fact that a mirror or some other reflective surface usually remains. Her personality also frequently changes at random intervals as well; one moment, she'll be absolutely ecstatic to toy with people and relish the joys of combat, and the next, she'll display a more devious side, preferring to plan out her actions before executing them swiftly and lethaly without so much as a word.

Either way, those who face Discordia soon learn that not only is she a highly capable fighter, but also a force to be reckoned with.

Faction Name: The Wylde Cards

Moral Alignment: Chaotic Evil (a.k.a. the people willing to kill just about anyone, regardless of sides)

Characters Involved: Discordia (obviously), anybody willing to join so long as they fit the carnival/circus asthetic and/or are some sort of mutant freak of nature/robotics (will edit and repost in the event that people actually join)

Base/Resources: The Fun House - Formerly known as The Three C's Carnival, Circus, and Casino Resort, this space station was once a failing tourist attraction until one day, Discordia showed up and persuaded its former owners to part ways with their establishment. Or she murdered them in their sleep and used their bodies as stage props, but nobody can really confirm this. Whichever you choose to believe, it has since seen numerous repairs and renovations, and is now open for business once again, acting as a front for the Cards' activities and simultaneously luring in potential victims looking to get away from the boring activities of their daily lives. Since the station itself cannot land safely on planets, and has no readily apparent ties suggesting any form of wrongdoing from within, it is accompanied by several cargo shuttles that are not primarily built for combat and are thus used mostly to transport supplies.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Flawed victory

Gorn jerked his shoulder, forcibly removing Wolfe's hand, but otherwise showed no signs of continuing his advance.

"Being a hero isn't about having the moral high ground! It's about protecting the Galaxy! What does it matter if I'm feared? I do my duty. We were created to protect those who can't protect themselves, and yet we endanger them and ourselves by letting people like him live! He won't ever have second thoughts! He won't reform! He'll just keep killing, until someone puts a stop to it! PERMANENTLY. I learned my lesson about sparing killers long ago. It's only a matter of time until you both learn yours."

Gorn deactivated his Plasma sword, but still gripped it tightly, his fist shaking in frustration.

IC: Jason Ferro- Dropship

Ferro highly doubted his magnetism had caused the prisoner any significant damage, but he felt like this wasn't the time to point that out. Releasing the magnetic field, Ferro created another one under the prisoner, weak enough as to not overpower the rogue hero's body weight. He slowly weakened it, lowering the unconscious villain to the floor without so much as scratching their paint job.

"Sorry..."

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory Ruins. 

Gorn's words echoed across the shattered expanse, resonating in Saracen's mind.

He could see the similarities between the two of them, but where Saracen still wished to preserve justice, Gorn wanted to take it into his own hands. Saracen recognised now, the monster he would become if he didn't keep in mind one very important thing - his job was merely to enforce the law, not elevate himself above it. 

IC: Shade - Hmm

While trying to preserve the good morale of the late Hero's friends seemed a good idea, Shade really wanted to makeshift a way for prototype-Hero Kaiba Blader's core into this corpse. It would be a form of ironic justice and, if Kaiba's almost-last words had truth in them, then he wouldn't mind trying to make up for his past mistakes by taking a different body and making the most of it.  Seeing as it was a different type of Hero with a different core and, more importantly, a core that wasn't dead, Shade hoped there was a way the core transplant could be accomplished. The head could be transplanted, if needed, in order to maintain the original personality. Of course, Mission Control and Epix would have to agree to that and then there was the problem with how Kaiba would feel about waking up in a different body. Shade pushed that thought aside. That would come in good time. "The core I'm thinking of isn't dead and it's old; Really old. It's one of those prototype-Hero cores. Would that work? As to the friends of the hero and their well-being, I couldn't care less."

OOC: I understand fully that this fantasy of Shade's is probably impossible due to several factors beyond this character's control. Still, Shade has some bizarre ideas every now and then and tries to find all the ways for them to become reality before he gives up.

OOC: Kaiba doesn't have a core. He's purely a robot. an advanced AI, for sure, but a pre quaza robot.

IC Kaiba Blader:

With a slight grinding noise, Kaiba's eyes opened and glowed dimly. he spoke in a strange monotone,

"Safe Mode active. Emergency battery engaged. Unit 159436. Designation: Hero Blader. This unit has sustained serious damage to critical power components. This unit is 150 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 1 day past due for recommended official maintenance. Please bring this unit to Makuro city for repair and refit."

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

GM IC 78 EAST

78 briefly debated getting involved. But the other two heroes seemed to have it under control. She wondered why boss hadn't intervened yet, and was still talking to the civilian lady. Maybe she was the boss of the Heroes? But wasn't that someone named Makuro, and wasn't he...well, a he?

OOC: Kaiba doesn't have a core. He's purely a robot. an advanced AI, for sure, but a pre quaza robot.

OOC: I somehow missed that. So did Shade and now he's on a long path leading to his own ultimate misery!

Edited by Vicarath

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Showdown

Bliss landed with a soft "thump" next to Gorn. "Actually," he said. "Being a Hero is about protecting the Galaxy and having the moral high ground. Believe it or not, some of these villains think what they do betters the Galaxy too. They're just willing to stoop lower to achieve their goals. We have to be better than that. We were created to be the ultimate force of good in the Universe; that means showing mercy even to those who deserve none,"

He glanced down at Night Stalker. "You're absolutely right, Gorn: This monster will never stop. But that doesn't give us the right to kill him."

IC: Marrow - Quaza Storehouse

Marrow finally found the area where the Heroes had kept their emergency Quaza. By the smells of it, there was a good bit in there... Definitely more than whatever there was in that silly dog Hero. Marrow began joyfully shredding its way into the storehouse.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel
  • Upvote 1

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"I couldn't care less about you not being able to care less," Selphi said evenly, melting the ice carefully. "It is against regulation, for one. For two, I would need special permission from both Mr Makuro himself, and whoever was left in charge of this Hero's assets. For three, I doubt I would be able to get permission for hard-wiring in some outdated doodad into a Hero corpse."

She almost had one hand free. She continued, "Besides, I have no time for that. Before everything exploded here, I had received some very interesting footage from a few Hero cameras and a request to investigate an anonymous caller's concern about an incredibly brutal attack on a surrendering villain in Antropolis City. The recording was fairly good proof, but physical examination is always good. Overwhelming evidence is better than underwhelming, after all. The body was meant to be returned soon; they will probably bring it in by the time I am done here. Allegedly, that villain may still be alive, so their examination will be mostly wound processing and injury assessment of a non-invasive sort."

She moved up to the wrist, looking to Shade. Her smile seemed to be aimed at something behind him rather than at him. "I would not want to be the Hero who struck the Villain. They'll be looking at a media nightmare."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Late To The Party

She skidded to a stop in front of the group. The other two Heroes had dealt with the situation already, leaving her a bit awkward as she stood there. At Rune's request, she took her pair of Hero Cuffs and approached the villain, with a grin and a nod in Rune's direction. To the villain, she said, "We'll get you help for that wound, but first I'm going to put you back in cuffs, okay?"

OOC: How many pairs of Hero Cuffs does the average Hero carry? I mean, I assume Thumper grabbed her current pair off Quark's ship, but for future reference it might be good to know.

~

IC: A duck - Free

She flew free of the ship, angry and vowing revenge. She spotted water, which she was very pleased about. She washed the black muck off herself and quacked loudly in glee, paddling in her new domain. It was nothing on her original home, but it would definitely do.

~

OOC: Rylinth, I don't think there's a quarry around. I think what Fishers meant was, Makuro gets it from a quarry off world, and what little Quaza there is in the Hero Factory is, as she said, for emergency core transplants. At least, that's what I got from her response. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

OOC: Rylinth, I don't think there's a quarry around. I think what Fishers meant was, Makuro gets it from a quarry off world, and what little Quaza there is in the Hero Factory is, as she said, for emergency core transplants. At least, that's what I got from her response. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

OOC: Zippy is correct. There isn't a quarry of quaza in Makuhero city. 

OOC: How many pairs of Hero Cuffs does the average Hero carry? I mean, I assume Thumper grabbed her current pair off Quark's ship, but for future reference it might be good to know.

OOC: I think fishers has said in the past that it's pretty much up to the player's discretion, so long as we can provide some kind of in-character justification for why they're carrying whatever number of cuffs they happen to be carrying. 

For example, Markus' job doesn't usually entail making arrests, so he only carries one pair, whereas Buckley is styled more towards crowd control/fighting multiple opponents, so he generally equips at least two sets. Saracen seems to run into a continual issue where the villains he cuffs find some way to escape, so he carries a spare as well. 

IC: Shade - Media Nightmare

Shade just looked at her with a bemused expression as he said, "What makes you think I'm asking you to do all the inside wire jobs and procedures involved with integrating that dinosaur of a core into the corpse? All I need from you is the body in good working condition after you're done examining it. Relatively good working condition," Shade hastily amended. "As to the villain, his surrender was sudden and unpredictable. The fight looked like it could have kept going on for hours when Hero Factory needed us the most. Stormer and Epix can vouch for that."

OOC: Thumper confirmed for holding over seventy thousand cuffs on her at all times. Justification: she keeps losing them.

In all seriousness, I've been playing her as having one pair. I'm gonna increase that to two, which she does in case she loses a pair somehow.

"I'm not sure how many times I can tell you that you are not getting this corpse," she said evenly. "You cannot just demand I hand it over for you to play with. If you are having difficulty with the word 'no', I can try listing the word 'no' in other languages for you, until you hear one that sticks."

Having seen the video of the battle, she knew Shade's excuse would likely not hold in a court of law. But, if this was what helped him recharge guilt-free, she wouldn't be the one to break it to him.