fishers64

IC: Shade - Lab

Shade thought about it; This mortician had mentioned a service. He could steal the corpse after that (assuming it was still in relatively good working order). Besides, the body didn't do him any good by itself; He needed the core of the outdated Hero. To Selphi, he said, "All right all right, I see your point. Do you still need me for questioning, or can I go look for my hidden property now?"

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Mona Selphi - Lab

She waved him off, still smiling. "I need to look at the casualty before asking questions. You may leave."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Var Vicous
Var clapped, slowly, as she walked in on the scene. Gorn had just lived up to her expectations, and the heroes had once again proven themselves- "Weak. Pathetic. You say you do what you can to protect the galaxy, and yet you cannot do a simple thing such as making sure a continuous threat stays down. No wonder the galaxy is in chaos. All you heroes ever do is capture the villains and take them into your prisons, from where they can then easily escape, as I hope you have all come to realize." She was now as close to Night Stalker as Wolfe, although from a different side. "Your fellow hero here has the right idea. And the will to go through with it. And yet you would stop him from doing the only thing that makes sense in this situation. If ever there was a reason for me to look down on you lot, this is it. No wonder so many in your ranks have defected. You do not have what it takes to do what has to be done, and instead care too much about what makes you look good in the eye of those you claim to protect."

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Shade - Huzzah!

Shade bade her farewell, as he left at a non-suspicious pace, and then hastened down the hallway as fast as he could once he was out of her sight. He slipped a few times on the trail the corpsicle had left behind and nearly fell over altogether, but he didn't. He headed out of the ship and began searching for his lonely mattresses.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Hero Factory Ruins.

Wisp of white mist trailed up from under a chunk of rubble, a sheen of water spreading across its surface, seeping into every crack and crevice before solidifying into ice, fragmenting the battered concrete. 

A dusty, unhappy looking hero clawed her way out from beneath the wreckage, before glancing around at the assembled crowd of heroes and villains. "Oh, hi guys. What did I miss?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Kaiba doesn't have a core. He's purely a robot. an advanced AI, for sure, but a pre quaza robot.

IC Kaiba Blader:

With a slight grinding noise, Kaiba's eyes opened and glowed dimly. he spoke in a strange monotone,

"Safe Mode active. Emergency battery engaged. Unit 159436. Designation: Hero Blader. This unit has sustained serious damage to critical power components. This unit is 150 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, 1 day past due for recommended official maintenance. Please bring this unit to Makuro city for repair and refit."

IC: Epix - Furno's Ship

"Mission Control, this is Epix," the Hero said as he activated his comlink. "We've just arrived near the remains of the Villain's ship. Heading towards The Astral with Kaiba Blader now."

And with that, he attempted to lift the Prototype Hero once more.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker sighed inwardly.  He was going to survive.  In the end, that's all that mattered to him.  They were going to repair him, his basic functions anyway, and lock him away.  He would be holed up in a jail cell for a while, but when the time came, he'd get out again.  That's when Gorn would pay, and he'd learn just how right he'd been to have tried to kill him.

Night Stalker ejected the clips from his gun arm and removed his extras from his person, tossing them away to the side, out of reach.  Then he held out his hands towards the cuffs.

IC: Alexis Ruby

Ruby's eyes flickered open.  She was buried under rubble.  She tried to remember what had happened, then it all came rushing back.  The factory went intangible.  Then the lava monsters.  Then a ship firing on us and then boom.  She tried to get up but couldn't.  Her legs were pinned down.  Her scythe was still in her hand, which was good.  If she had to she might be able to use it to get out.  She didn't want to start randomly shooting thought.  That could disrupt the stability of the rubble on top of her and crush her.  That would not be good.  She decided to try calling the other heroes on her comm.  Hopefully there were more unhurt and alive.  "This is Alexis Ruby.  I'm very stuck under a lot of rubble.  Is there anyone out there who could get me out of here?"

IC Wolfe - Tower Ruins:

The old Hero glared at Var, now directing the conversation to her as well as Gorn. "We were made to uphold the law," he told them, "Nothing more. The people trust us to do just that, expect us to do just that. We show villains the same respect we show civilians, and hold out hope that the villains we spare may one day turn their lives around. Look at Jawblade! We may end up recapturing him somewhere down the road, but he helped us today. The people need that. They need to know that, no matter what happens, everyone, villain and civilian alike, is given a chance. Ending this man's life takes away that chance. It tells the people we don't care. And if we don't care what happens to a villain who is, at his core, just like them... then why should we care about anyone?"

"I don't expect you to understand this," Wolfe told Var. "Having friends who rely on you and care about you are probably things that you don't have..."

IC Helen - Facing Traferous:

Von Nebula... she thought as a hint of shock came across her face.

"You haven't given us much of a reason to believe you," she answered. "But assuming your 'origin story' is true, what then? Are you trying to find the Hero who caused this? Because I'm afraid we haven't seen him in a very long time."

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Not really," said Traferous. "I'm just trying to do some good in the galaxy and protect my people, the same way I was before this happened. Unfortunately, that doesn't include shoving my version of justice down people's throats. I simply accept the fact that people have their own goals and interests, unlike the Hero Factory." 

GM IC 78 EAST

"Boss," 78 said. "Night Stalker is getting captured again."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"To be honest, I'm not sure what to do with Night Stalker," Traferous said in response. "I think he wanted to destroy Hero Factory, and in any case, he barged into this battle where he was outnumbered and outgunned. Granted, he may not have realized it the first time, but the second time...eh. There's a fine line between backing someone up on the route into battle, and keeping somebody around who keeps having to be bailed out for their own mistakes...but then again, he was successful on Mechron, so maybe not. It's one of those fuzzy situations that bugs me."

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"You are weak," the ghost said, appearing between Gorn and Night Stalker, facing Traferous. "You should kill all of these Heroes - all of them - and let no one capture you, let no one escape!"

"And Traferous, you will never be a proper villain. You're just an overpowered civilian with no sense of when to fight and when to say no. You don't really care about your people, seeing as you're going to use this one" - he pointed at Night Stalker - "as collateral for an alliance!"

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"So?" Traferous said. "There's no way I'm going to get off this asteroid without an alliance, or at least some agreement that the Heroes won't harass me while I'm trying to repair my ship and get out of here. That agreement doesn't need collateral, but it does need us to stop shooting at each other for five minutes."

Ruby's eyes flickered open.  She was buried under rubble.  She tried to remember what had happened, then it all came rushing back.  The factory went intangible.  Then the lava monsters.  Then a ship firing on us and then boom.  She tried to get up but couldn't.  Her legs were pinned down.  Her scythe was still in her hand, which was good.  If she had to she might be able to use it to get out.  She didn't want to start randomly shooting thought.  That could disrupt the stability of the rubble on top of her and crush her.  That would not be good.  She decided to try calling the other heroes on her comm.  Hopefully there were more unhurt and alive.  "This is Alexis Ruby.  I'm very stuck under a lot of rubble.  Is there anyone out there who could get me out of here?"

OOC: Post nulled: this profile was never approved: 

OOC: It seems as if Night Stalker will either die soon or be incarcerated for life.  What better time to post a new profile?

Name: Alexis Ruby, Hero

Powers and Abilities: Ruby’s motors have the ability to operate at a much faster speed than normal.  This allows her to perform at nearly twice the normal speed.  However, this drains power more quickly, so she uses this ability sparingly.  Ruby’s boots also contain magnets, allowing her to run along any strongly magnetic surface.  However, she tends to stay away from ceilings.  Any fast movement on them results in very little contact between the metal surface and the magnets in her boots, which wouldn’t be enough to support her.

Weapon: Ruby carries a sniper scythe, the most perfect weapon in the universe (according to Ruby).  As it’s name implies, it is a combination of an energy scythe and a high power, anti personnel sniper rifle.  The blade of the sniper scythe is made of crimson energy, and it shoots powerful energy blasts of the same color.  The weapon itself is made of black metal with hints of red to match the blade.

Note: It does not have the massive recoil as seen in RWBY.

Appearance: Ruby is an average hero, wearing mostly red armor with hints of black.  Her core and eyes are silver.

Bio: Alexis Ruby is a fairly new hero, a bit naive and shy.  She is not very outgoing and has trouble making friends.  This all changes when Ruby enters a fight.  Instead of being out making friends, Ruby has spent that time practicing with her sniper scythe, which accounts for the level of skill she has despite not being active long.  In a fight she changes from a young, shy hero to a dangerous combatant, highly skilled and capable.

I just binge watched all of RWBY a few weeks ago, and this is the closest I will ever get to owning a sniper scythe. Don't judge. :P

OOC: Post nulled: this profile was never approved: 

OOC: It seems as if Night Stalker will either die soon or be incarcerated for life.  What better time to post a new profile?

Name: Alexis Ruby, Hero

Powers and Abilities: Ruby’s motors have the ability to operate at a much faster speed than normal.  This allows her to perform at nearly twice the normal speed.  However, this drains power more quickly, so she uses this ability sparingly.  Ruby’s boots also contain magnets, allowing her to run along any strongly magnetic surface.  However, she tends to stay away from ceilings.  Any fast movement on them results in very little contact between the metal surface and the magnets in her boots, which wouldn’t be enough to support her.

Weapon: Ruby carries a sniper scythe, the most perfect weapon in the universe (according to Ruby).  As it’s name implies, it is a combination of an energy scythe and a high power, anti personnel sniper rifle.  The blade of the sniper scythe is made of crimson energy, and it shoots powerful energy blasts of the same color.  The weapon itself is made of black metal with hints of red to match the blade.

Note: It does not have the massive recoil as seen in RWBY.

Appearance: Ruby is an average hero, wearing mostly red armor with hints of black.  Her core and eyes are silver.

Bio: Alexis Ruby is a fairly new hero, a bit naive and shy.  She is not very outgoing and has trouble making friends.  This all changes when Ruby enters a fight.  Instead of being out making friends, Ruby has spent that time practicing with her sniper scythe, which accounts for the level of skill she has despite not being active long.  In a fight she changes from a young, shy hero to a dangerous combatant, highly skilled and capable.

I just binge watched all of RWBY a few weeks ago, and this is the closest I will ever get to owning a sniper scythe. Don't judge. :P

OOC: Really?  I thought I fixed what needed to be fixed.  I specified that she was a hero, specified that the sniper was anti-personnel, and that it did not have the massive recoil like the version in the show.  If there's anything more please let me know so I can fix it.

Edited by Vestak

OOC: I don't understand why Shade is so adamant about transferring a (non-existent) core to a body that could very well have its original core restored (if they find Focus). Plus, I'm sure there are plenty of blank Hero frames lying around in the rubble...

IC Helen - Standing Between Two Powerhouses:

Helen scoffed. "'Unlike Hero Factory,' huh? News flash, hon: we don't dictate. We're an independent police unit, if you want to get technical -- one the Republic* has the power to shut down any time they wish. Have any of you ever considered that the vast majority of people are perfectly happy with how we operate?"

She would have continued her rant were it not for the sudden appearance of Von Nebula himself. Helen whirled around at the sound of his voice, but looked more annoyed than startled. "You've got some nerve showing up here," she interjected before turning her attention back to Traferous. "An alliance? After all of that." She crossed her arms again. "I'll humor you. But only because neither side is in any position to do much else."

IC Wolfe and Flint - Facing Von Nebula:

Both Heroes had their weapons out in a flash, but in a defensive manner. Wolfe still stood behind Gorn, as well as Von Nebula. Flint now had his back to Traferous and Helen, standing between them and the former Hero.

Neither of them liked where this was going.

OOC: * For lack of a better name. I'm sure there's some galaxy-wide government/alliance, but I don't know what else to call it.

Edited by FallenCor

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Welp, here's hoping I didn't miss anything important this time around. If he's still too overpowered... sorry, I'll try again. :|

Name: Shellshredder

Affilation: Villain

While not designed to actually fit someone inside of him, Shellshredder is, in essence, a walking shell. Very strangely, he seems to have no inner workings, not even a central processor or power source, meaning he has no vitals that can be damaged and he has no energy that can be detected as a lifeform. Thus, puncture based weapons will be rather ineffective against him. On the other hand, his hollowness means that impact damage is highly effective against him and he can crumple significantly easier than others. This does not affect his strength, however, which is good as any’s. As far as his senses go, he only has four of the five base senses, not having taste as he is unable to consume anything. His senses are slightly more enhanced than others and are unable to overwhelm him/cause him pain, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t blind/deafen him. Unlike others, however, he has no scanning systems whatsoever, giving him a disadvantage against those capable of doing sensor sweeps such as Heroes. His movement is somewhat haphazard and erratic, making him seem even more like a zombie. However, this doesn't mean he is hampered in any way, sometimes catching people off guard with his sudden bursts of speed, which, while nothing spectacular, is more than his limping gait would suggest. As far as personality goes, he generally meets everything with indifference, fearing none, impressed by none, and almost incapable of holding a grudge due to his excessive apathy towards all. He tends to speak of things that make little to no sense, however, buried beneath his speaking in riddles and strange allusions to things that couldn't have possibly happened is an impressive intellect. 

Regenisis- His regenerational abilities allow him to heal damage done and even pull himself back together if he is blown into pieces. However, this can take anywhere from several seconds to several minutes to hours or even days depending on the damage done and/or how far he’s scattered. Minor damage, such as small puncture wounds or small dents, tends to heal far more quickly and can generally repair in seconds. Mashing him into a pile of crumpled metal, on the other hand, could render him worthless for hours or even days. Repeatedly damaging him, especially in the same place, will drastically slow down the healing process in general. If something such as a limb is lost for good, say vaporized or buried beyond recovery, he will eventually grow a replacement. While it is possible to kill him, destroying at least most of his parts or scattering him into oblivion, it is generally easier to simply damage him enough so that he is little more than a defenseless scrapheap or scattering his parts all over town. That is, unless you’re on top of a volcano or something... (I hope I nerfed this enough, sorry if I didn't... :\)

Hunger/Diffusion- Able to drain energy on touch, this will generally result in the weakening of whatever part he's touching within the first several seconds, followed later by the part going limp and the effect spreading throughout the body and causing it to go limp. To this extent it only affects more external energy, such as that powering motor movements and sensors, maybe even processors as well. However, up to this point it is short term and will do no damage in the long run, generally only paralyzing or stunning them and not overly affecting their power supply on a large scale (Note: Whatever part he's touching is the first affected, so grabbing someone's head in an armlock will knock someone out far quicker than shaking hands with him). While he can take it farther, for instance damaging someone's memory or processing or draining them completely, this would take far too long to be practical on someone such as a hero and he doesn't consider it worth his time.

If he is in direct contact with energy itself, such as an energy shield, his hunger powers are considerably stronger on said energy, allowing him to push his way through energy walls/force fields (the difficulty with which he can do this depends on the force field and its power output, shields that use more power would take longer for him to push through, and if they're high powered enough he won't be able to do it. If too powerful I can remove this trait entirely)

Endurance- His unique nature causes him to have no need for recharging. (If too powerful, nerf by replacing this with sustainable via draining other’s energy, this includes any random person he finds on the street)

Energy Resistance- Resulting from the hunger power, energy based attacks deal slightly less damage against him than otherwise, although the resistance varies depending on the weapon (weapons that deal more impact will generally do more damage than ones purely heat based).

Inertness- His body is practically an energy vacuum, any energy poured into it being shunted into oblivion. Thus, due to his strange nature, EMP’s and electric based attacks are generally worthless, this does not mean that he is impervious to magnetic based powers, however. Some other things may not be effective on him either, for instance, lifeform scanners likely won't detect him due to his lack of energy. (Of course, one might be able to detect him if the searched the the lack of energy...) One of the major disadvantages that comes with this trait is that he is unable to simply replace body parts, as they would be incompatible and rendered nonfunctional in seconds. Thus, if someone runs off with his arm and destroys it, he's going to have to wait until it grows back.

Appearance:

Average height, black and silver appearance, while appearing heavily armored, as mentioned above this partially disguises his hollow bearing. His helmet looks not unlike this, except that it's black in addition to silver and is blankly hollow where the eyes should be.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134131110@N07/22622935086/

Bio:

No one knows when this husk of a being first appeared. For the most part he stayed in the shadows, recovering from some malady unseen to others. As he began to consider things other than self survival, he suddenly realized how purposeless his former life was. There was no point in seeking revenge on the one who broke him and there was nothing left of his former world, or, at least, there wasn't going to be. Thus, he started the life of crime. No one in their right mind would tread anywhere near him and he frankly didn't see the point of being 'nice'. Claiming affiliation with none, his sense of morals is practically nonexistent and he will ally with both Hero and Villain alike when he deems it necessary, although he almost always works with criminals, as when he decides to do something 'productive', it generally isn't for everyone's best interests.

Edited by Teh Dark One

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

Except that Focus isn't attacking after Echo made his move; he's attacking at the same time.

e: grammar plz

OOC: Aha. I didn't realize it was at the same time; indeed Echo's move is impossible then.

IC: Echo - A Hero To The Bitter End

Echo's talon sheared through the villain's leg...

And Focus's sword cut right into his core.

Echo let out a small gasp as the hardlight blade tore through his internal systems and exited his back into the ground underneath.

Everything froze. "Why, Focus... why?" His vision blurred and all the warning lights on his HUD began to fade. He drew in a single breath of air, static crackling around the edges of the sound. "You know... there's no going back... now. You've... betrayed us. You've betrayed... us all."

As the world started to fall away, Echo smiled one last time. "Give my regards...

To the Recall."

In Mission Control, a Hero tracking signal went dark and a small beep informed the gathered mission managers and scientists that a Hero had gone offline.

Oddly enough, in the silence of the room,

They could almost hear it

Echo.

OOC: I'm still not sure why Focus thought this core could be saved, but Shade certainly isn't that optimistic.

Except that Focus isn't attacking after Echo made his move; he's attacking at the same time.

e: grammar plz

OOC: Aha. I didn't realize it was at the same time; indeed Echo's move is impossible then.

IC: Echo - A Hero To The Bitter End

Echo's talon sheared through the villain's leg...

And Focus's sword cut right into his core.

Echo let out a small gasp as the hardlight blade tore through his internal systems and exited his back into the ground underneath.

Everything froze. "Why, Focus... why?" His vision blurred and all the warning lights on his HUD began to fade. He drew in a single breath of air, static crackling around the edges of the sound. "You know... there's no going back... now. You've... betrayed us. You've betrayed... us all."

As the world started to fall away, Echo smiled one last time. "Give my regards...

To the Recall."

In Mission Control, a Hero tracking signal went dark and a small beep informed the gathered mission managers and scientists that a Hero had gone offline.

Oddly enough, in the silence of the room,

They could almost hear it

Echo.

OOC: I'm still not sure why Focus thought this core could be saved, but Shade certainly isn't that optimistic.

Because Echo was the one sort-of friend that Focus managed to make at Hero Factory, and in his mind bringing Echo back is the only way to fix what he did wrong.

OOC: That may be his reason for wanting to revive Echo in Focus's own image, but a core that was punctured by a hardlight sword from the front with an exiting wound out the back doesn't exactly have any chances at revival. Any practical-minded Hero would know that. I'm just explaining Shade's disregarding the original core per FallenCor's question. I take no issue with how Focus is behaving.

Edited by Vicarath

OOC: That may be his reason for wanting to revive Echo in Focus's own image, but a core that was punctured by a hardlight sword from the front with an exiting wound out the back doesn't exactly have any chances at revival. Any practical-minded Hero would know that. I'm just explaining Shade's disregarding the original core per FallenCor's question. I take no issue with how Focus is behaving.

I'm not sure why the thought process of Focus matters at all to how Shade is acting considering neither of them have ever met, but ok.

OOC: Ah, no Quaza quarry... I'll just edit it to be whatever small Quaza Storehouse they would've had on grounds then.

Definitely misread the whole quarry thing.  :P

IC: Alex Drift - Who You Gonna Call...

Drift started when the ghost of Von Nebula appeared and joined in the conversation. Would his gun work on a ghost?

He lifted one of his remaining impact grenades from his belt instead and prepared it to throw in case the ghost tried anything fishy. This was way too many villains...

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Showdown

Bliss kept one eye on the volatile Gorn as he turned to face the new villain.

IC: Cobra Shard - Astral

Shard was exploring the Astral. He figured if this was their new base, he might as well get used to it.

He still felt a little embarrassed by the earlier fort incident. He hadn't even realized the dead guy was a Hero... didn't Heroes usually have cores? Maybe he just hadn't been looking hard enough.

Peering out of one of the windows, Shard was astonished to see that a huge crowd of both Heroes and villains was gathering outside. He was still a rookie, but even he knew that Heroes and villains generally didn't mix well. He began running down the hallway towards a hatch to get out of the ship and find out what as going on.

IC: Echo - Dead

Echo wondered what in the galaxy was going on with his body and core.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: @Vestak: Suggestions are as follows:

1. Remove the reference to RWBY from the confines of the actual profile itself. (Minor)

2. Go into more detail about how much recoil the weapon actually has instead of relying on said reference when Fishers has already stated that she has never seen the show to begin with. (Major)

3. Repost the profile with the necessary changes and wait for Fishers to look it over again. (Major)

4. Keep in mind that Fishers actually has to review said changes before potentially administering her Seal of Approval. (Major)

@Fishers: Just a reminder that a revamped Discordia profile is also awaiting your attention.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Let's try this again.

Name: Alexis Ruby, Hero

Powers and Abilities: Ruby’s motors have the ability to operate at a much faster speed than normal.  This allows her to perform at nearly twice the normal speed.  However, this drains power more quickly, so she uses this ability sparingly.  Ruby’s boots also contain magnets, allowing her to run along any strongly magnetic surface.  However, she tends to stay away from ceilings.  Any fast movement on them results in very little contact between the metal surface and the magnets in her boots, which wouldn’t be enough to support her.

Weapon: Ruby carries a sniper scythe, the most perfect weapon in the universe (according to Ruby).  As it’s name implies, it is a combination of an energy scythe and a sniper rifle.  The blade of the sniper scythe is made of crimson energy, and it sniper rifle is a standard, anti-personnel sniper rifle with normal recoil which shoots powerful energy blasts of the same color energy as the blade.  The weapon itself is made of black metal with hints of red to match the blade.

Appearance: Ruby is an average hero, wearing mostly red armor with hints of black.  Her core and eyes are silver.

Bio: Alexis Ruby is a fairly new hero, a bit naive and shy.  She is not very outgoing and has trouble making friends.  This all changes when Ruby enters a fight.  Instead of being out making friends, Ruby has spent that time practicing with her sniper scythe, which accounts for the level of skill she has despite not being active long.  In a fight she changes from a young, shy hero to a dangerous combatant, highly skilled and capable.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"What delusion have you been living under?" Traferous said. "There is no 'Republic'. Hero Factory is a private company, and the Heroes are too powerful for any civilians, government or not, to shut down."

"Further, anyone who happens to have any more power than normal, any normal interest other than blindly working for the system of corporations is branded a villain and taken into custody. And heaven forbid you be organic - that's a slow death sentence." 

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"And you've got some real nerve sassing me," Von Nebula said to Helen. He then turned to tell Night Stalker to get his tail out of here, only to realize that he was stuck in the ground and minus functioning legs. He wondered if Traferous was right about him being a liability. 

Powers and Abilities: Ruby’s motors have the ability to operate at a much faster speed than normal.  This allows her to perform at nearly twice the normal speed.  However, this drains power more quickly, so she uses this ability sparingly.  Ruby’s boots also contain magnets, allowing her to run along any strongly magnetic surface.  However, she tends to stay away from ceilings.  Any fast movement on them results in very little contact between the metal surface and the magnets in her boots, which wouldn’t be enough to support her.

Weapon: Ruby carries a sniper scythe, the most perfect weapon in the universe (according to Ruby).  As it’s name implies, it is a combination of an energy scythe and a sniper rifle.  The blade of the sniper scythe is made of crimson energy, and it sniper rifle is a standard, anti-personnel sniper rifle with normal recoil which shoots powerful energy blasts of the same color energy as the blade.  The weapon itself is made of black metal with hints of red to match the blade.

Appearance: Ruby is an average hero, wearing mostly red armor with hints of black.  Her core and eyes are silver.

Bio: Alexis Ruby is a fairly new hero, a bit naive and shy.  She is not very outgoing and has trouble making friends.  This all changes when Ruby enters a fight.  Instead of being out making friends, Ruby has spent that time practicing with her sniper scythe, which accounts for the level of skill she has despite not being active long.  In a fight she changes from a young, shy hero to a dangerous combatant, highly skilled and capable.

Approved. 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Villain Party

Thumper clicked on the Hero Cuffs, appreciating the cooperation. "Thank you!"

She lifted him, one arm under the backs of his knees, the other wrapped around his back. She then glanced around at the discussion before her. Something about the shapeshifter's story reminded her of something... Or someone...

It hit her.

"Are you a CEO?!" she asked eagerly, smiling brightly.

OOC: Aw wait were his legs fully unable to work? If so, I'll quickly edit this to have Thumper carrying him.

EDIT: Fixed it so Night Stalker is being carried. Lucky him!

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Jonathan Splint - Crash Site

"Probably not," he replied, shifting the crowbar back into a rod and replacing it at his side. "I'd think they'd want to get the dropships working again first once we have the capabilities to repair spacecraft." He turned at the sound of Georje approaching with the stretcher. "Alright, let's get him out of here."

Georje put the stretcher down and climbed up on the wrecked ship. The two medbots kneeled down and started to very, very carefully lift Buckley out of the Old Timer.

~Unit#phntk#1

Ruby's eyes flickered open.  She was buried under rubble.  She tried to remember what had happened, then it all came rushing back.  The factory went intangible.  Then the lava monsters.  Then a ship firing on us and then boom.  She tried to get up but couldn't.  Her legs were pinned down.  Her scythe was still in her hand, which was good.  If she had to she might be able to use it to get out.  She didn't want to start randomly shooting thought.  That could disrupt the stability of the rubble on top of her and crush her.  That would not be good.  She decided to try calling the other heroes on her comm.  Hopefully there were more unhurt and alive.  "This is Alexis Ruby.  I'm very stuck under a lot of rubble.  Is there anyone out there who could get me out of here?"

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"So?" Traferous said. "There's no way I'm going to get off this asteroid without an alliance, or at least some agreement that the Heroes won't harass me while I'm trying to repair my ship and get out of here. That agreement doesn't need collateral, but it does need us to stop shooting at each other for five minutes."

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory Ruins.

"What the heck makes you think you're getting out of here?" He spat, growing tired of the villain's rambling, "After everything you and your cronies have done, the only way you're getting off this asteroid is in a prison transport."

He glared at Helen and the others, "Why are you even trying to negotiate with this monster? He doesn't care. He thinks he's above the law, that he deserves to go free even after all of the death and destruction he's wrought. Just arrest him, and the rest of his henchmen, and end this." 

IC: Jonathan Splint - Crash Site

"Probably not," he replied, shifting the crowbar back into a rod and replacing it at his side. "I'd think they'd want to get the dropships working again first once we have the capabilities to repair spacecraft." He turned at the sound of Georje approaching with the stretcher. "Alright, let's get him out of here."

Georje put the stretcher down and climbed up on the wrecked ship. The two medbots kneeled down and started to very, very carefully lift Buckley out of the Old Timer.

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Stretcher. 

Picking up the miraculously unharmed Old Chum from the wreckage, he cast a forlorn glance back towards his ship, "I'll come back for you, buddy," he promised with a sigh. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Should I be worried that my profile attempt is at least four times this size? :P

Edited by Teh Dark One

OOC: Should I be worried that my profile attempt is at least four times this size? :P

OOC: Nah.  Some guys make em that long.  Personally I thought it was a little OP, but it's up to Fishers.  Welcome to the HF RP bro.  Quite different from LMBs. :P

She lifted him, one arm under the backs of his knees, the other wrapped around his back. She then glanced around at the discussion before her. Something about the shapeshifter's story reminded her of something... Or someone...

It hit her.

OOC: Aw wait were his legs fully unable to work? If so, I'll quickly edit this to have Thumper carrying him.

EDIT: Fixed it so Night Stalker is being carried. Lucky him!

OOC: Night Stalker doesn't feel lucky. :P

IC: Night Stalker

This is humiliating. Night Stalker thinks to himself as the hero picks him up.  Still, better this friendly one than the one with the plasma sword with murder on his mind.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Hero Factory Ruins.

"I'm fine guys, thanks for asking," she hauled herself up out of the hole, picking up her mace and looking around, "So, are these the guys who brought Hero Factory crashing down on my head?" 

Edited by Shadow Nato

OOC: I'm not Vicarth. :P  Thanks, I'll do that.

OOC: Ninja'd.

OOC: My bad.

I had my screen zoomed in while scrolling through the page, and the Member Sections of all the posts weren't exactly visible at the time. :P

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Max Vale:

"Loud and clear, boss, what can I do for ya?"

IC: The Creator - New Dawn, Command Bridge. 

"Where are you?" He asked, wondering what Vale had been doing the entire time since he'd last spoken to him, "And Var?" 

IC: Epix - Furno's Ship

"If what you did ended up causing him any more damage than he already had," Epix said aloud without so much as even sparing Ferro a glance, "then I'm going to personally make sure that the entire cost of his repairs comes out of your paycheck. Put. Him. Down. Now."

OOC: Figured I'd try my luck at getting this approved again, mostly just for kicks.

Name: Discordia

Character Type: Villain

Powers and Abilities: Chaos Fire - Discordia can summon a shadowy, fire-like substance from her body, intermingling with what appears to be sparks of blue, green, and purple electricity. In actuality, however, it siphons energy from whoever it hits and transfers it to her (power 1 : major), weakening her targets while increasing her own stamina and, in some instances, even allowing her to recover from injuries faster while in a state of rest. While it causes absolutely no physical damage whatsoever, and any burning sensations felt by those targeted by this power is due to its hallucinogenic side-effect (power 2: major), it should also be noted that it has the potential to (at the discretion of the character's player) slowly corrupt those affected by it over an extended period of time if its essence isn't purged from their system, causing them to act more and more selfishly until they devolve into cold-blooded psychopaths. (power 3...minorish?)

Chaos Lightning - Discordia can also produce a form of solidified lightning from the palms of her hands, which she can then throw as a spear or use in a whip-like state to lash out against and damage potential foes with. This lightning, while solid enough to support her own body weight and possibly double as an additional form of mobility (whip mode only in regards to that last part), cannot extend beyond four feet as spears or fifteen as whips, and she is understandably quite resistant to the effects of both it and standard forms of electricity. (power 4: major)

Weapons: Predator Blades - Two pairs of retractable, serrated blades attached to her wrists, perfect for shredding through interior circuitry or disembowling those pesky organics in close-quarters combat.

Appearance: To the horror of her victims (and that of young children everywhere), Discordia resembles a strangely attractive, vampiric, goblinesque jester. She wears a tattered, green cloak adorned with feathers of a similar color, as well as blue and gold, and the gunmetal horns protruding from the back of her head and through the hole in her hood resemble the iconic, belled hats commonly worn by those of said profession. Aside from being either pitch black or gunmetal in some areas, her body is a host to a vibrant amount of colors (most of which were hinted at in her Chaos Flame ability) with a few bits of silver and gold thrown into the mix as well.

Needless to say, the palette of her atire is quite eye-catching... which makes it all the more easier for her to pluck them out.

Bio: Not much is known about Discordia's past; her former identity, her homeworld, and the reasons for her descent into villainy remain entirely up for debate. What is known about her, however, is enough to cause even the hardiest of Villains to begin spontaneously leaking oil at the mere mention of her name. She is a remorseless killer and seemingly picks her victims at random, which means that giving her so much as a funny look or questioning her motives or tactics could easily wind up being a death sentence. She also has a habit of leaving a bloody mess almost everywhere she goes, only to spontaneously disapear, which makes tracking her current wherabouts difficult at best, as nobody knows where she is going to strike next. Her titles vary greatly amongst the criminal underworld, with some referring to her as the Emissary of Chaos while others call her the Hellequin of The Hunt.

Despite her cunning and ruthlessness, those who spend enough time in her presence can all agree on one thing, however, and that is that Discordia seems to display signs of some form of advanced mental instability. She can often be heard holding up her end of a conversation within an adjacent room, only for a potential eavesdropper to discover the room completely empty upon her departure, save for the fact that a mirror or some other reflective surface usually remains. Her personality also frequently changes at random intervals as well; one moment, she'll be absolutely ecstatic to toy with people and relish the joys of combat, and the next, she'll display a more devious side, preferring to plan out her actions before executing them swiftly and lethaly without so much as a word.

Either way, those who face Discordia soon learn that not only is she a highly capable fighter, but also a force to be reckoned with.

Faction Name: The Wylde Cards

Moral Alignment: Chaotic Evil (a.k.a. the people willing to kill just about anyone, regardless of sides)

Characters Involved: Discordia (obviously), anybody willing to join so long as they fit the carnival/circus asthetic and/or are some sort of mutant freak of nature/robotics (will edit and repost in the event that people actually join)

Base/Resources: The Fun House - Formerly known as The Three C's Carnival, Circus, and Casino Resort, this space station was once a failing tourist attraction until one day, Discordia showed up and persuaded its former owners to part ways with their establishment. Or she murdered them in their sleep and used their bodies as stage props, but nobody can really confirm this. Whichever you choose to believe, it has since seen numerous repairs and renovations, and is now open for business once again, acting as a front for the Cards' activities and simultaneously luring in potential victims looking to get away from the boring activities of their daily lives. Since the station itself cannot land safely on planets, and has no readily apparent ties suggesting any form of wrongdoing from within, it is accompanied by several cargo shuttles that are not primarily built for combat and are thus used mostly to transport supplies.

Discordia not approved due to having too many powers. Faction Wylde Cards not approved due to not having enough players; the Faction is fine otherwise. 

It hit her.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"That's a demotion for me," he said. "I'm a business owner."

"You've already had the opportunity to voice your opinion," he said to Saracen. "They're negotiating because they have some good sense, unlike you, who believes the only solution to everything is violence and arrests." 

OOC: I took the "hallucinogenic side effect" to just mean that the fire causes pain without damage, because he didn't elaborate further on what the other effects might be.

IC: Jonathan Splint and NPC Georje - Carrying Buckley

The duo gently set their patient down in the stretcher, then picked said stretcher up and made their way over to the ship.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Shadow Unit#phntk#1

Welp, here's hoping I didn't miss anything important this time around. If he's still too overpowered... sorry, I'll try again. :|

While not designed to actually fit someone inside of him, Shellshredder is, in essence, a walking shell. Very strangely, he seems to have no inner workings, not even a central processor or power source, meaning he has no vitals that can be damaged and he has no energy that can be detected as a lifeform. Thus, puncture based weapons will be rather ineffective against him. On the other hand, his hollowness means that impact damage is highly effective against him and he can crumple significantly easier than others. This does not affect his strength, however, which is good as any’s. As far as his senses go, he only has four of the five base senses, not having taste as he is unable to consume anything. His senses are slightly more enhanced than others and are unable to overwhelm him/cause him pain, but this doesn’t mean that you can’t blind/deafen him. Unlike others, however, he has no scanning systems whatsoever, giving him a disadvantage against those capable of doing sensor sweeps such as Heroes. His movement is somewhat haphazard and erratic, making him seem even more like a zombie. However, this doesn't mean he is hampered in any way, sometimes catching people off guard with his sudden bursts of speed, which, while nothing spectacular, is more than his limping gait would suggest. As far as personality goes, he generally meets everything with indifference, fearing none, impressed by none, and almost incapable of holding a grudge due to his excessive apathy towards all. He tends to speak of things that make little to no sense, however, buried beneath his speaking in riddles and strange allusions to things that couldn't have possibly happened is an impressive intellect. 

Regenisis- His regenerational abilities allow him to heal damage done and even pull himself back together if he is blown into pieces. However, this can take anywhere from several seconds to several minutes to hours or even days depending on the damage done and/or how far he’s scattered. Minor damage, such as small puncture wounds or small dents, tends to heal far more quickly and can generally repair in seconds. Mashing him into a pile of crumpled metal, on the other hand, could render him worthless for hours or even days. Repeatedly damaging him, especially in the same place, will drastically slow down the healing process in general. If something such as a limb is lost for good, say vaporized or buried beyond recovery, he will eventually grow a replacement. While it is possible to kill him, destroying at least most of his parts or scattering him into oblivion, it is generally easier to simply damage him enough so that he is little more than a defenseless scrapheap or scattering his parts all over town. That is, unless you’re on top of a volcano or something... (I hope I nerfed this enough, sorry if I didn't... :\)

Hunger/Diffusion- Able to drain energy on touch, this will generally result in the weakening of whatever part he's touching within the first several seconds, followed later by the part going limp and the effect spreading throughout the body and causing it to go limp. To this extent it only affects more external energy, such as that powering motor movements and sensors, maybe even processors as well. However, up to this point it is short term and will do no damage in the long run, generally only paralyzing or stunning them and not overly affecting their power supply on a large scale (Note: Whatever part he's touching is the first affected, so grabbing someone's head in an armlock will knock someone out far quicker than shaking hands with him). While he can take it farther, for instance damaging someone's memory or processing or draining them completely, this would take far too long to be practical on someone such as a hero and he doesn't consider it worth his time.

If he is in direct contact with energy itself, such as an energy shield, his hunger powers are considerably stronger on said energy, allowing him to push his way through energy walls/force fields (the difficulty with which he can do this depends on the force field and its power output, shields that use more power would take longer for him to push through, and if they're high powered enough he won't be able to do it. If too powerful I can remove this trait entirely)

Endurance- His unique nature causes him to have no need for recharging. (If too powerful, nerf by replacing this with sustainable via draining other’s energy, this includes any random person he finds on the street)

Energy Resistance- Resulting from the hunger power, energy based attacks deal slightly less damage against him than otherwise, although the resistance varies depending on the weapon (weapons that deal more impact will generally do more damage than ones purely heat based).

Inertness- His body is practically an energy vacuum, any energy poured into it being shunted into oblivion. Thus, due to his strange nature, EMP’s and electric based attacks are generally worthless, this does not mean that he is impervious to magnetic based powers, however. Some other things may not be effective on him either, for instance, lifeform scanners likely won't detect him due to his lack of energy. (Of course, one might be able to detect him if the searched the the lack of energy...) One of the major disadvantages that comes with this trait is that he is unable to simply replace body parts, as they would be incompatible and rendered nonfunctional in seconds. Thus, if someone runs off with his arm and destroys it, he's going to have to wait until it grows back.

Appearance:

Average height, black and silver appearance, while appearing heavily armored, as mentioned above this partially disguises his hollow bearing. His helmet looks not unlike this, except that it's black in addition to silver and is blankly hollow where the eyes should be.

Bio:

No one knows when this husk of a being first appeared. For the most part he stayed in the shadows, recovering from some malady unseen to others. As he began to consider things other than self survival, he suddenly realized how purposeless his former life was. There was no point in seeking revenge on the one who broke him and there was nothing left of his former world, or, at least, there wasn't going to be. Thus, he started the life of crime. No one in their right mind would tread anywhere near him and he frankly didn't see the point of being 'nice'. Claiming affiliation with none, his sense of morals is practically nonexistent and he will ally with both Hero and Villain alike when he deems it necessary, although he almost always works with criminals, as when he decides to do something 'productive', it generally isn't for everyone's best interests.

SkullShredder not approved due to having too many powers and basically being invulnerable still.

OOC: We really need to establish how other aspects of this universe work. We don't even know how these planets are run/governed, which only fuels the "HF is evil" argument...

IC Dr. Xaal's Drone - City Outskirts, Old Timer:

The drone watched from a safe distance as the medic worked, not making a sound. It was gathering data on these two Heroes as it hovered there, as well as observing the medical procedures this Splint guy was using. Perhaps its master could find a use for this information.

IC NPC Bulk - Tower Ruins:

"Hold on there," Bulk said as he grabbed 78's arm to escort her away. "I think it's time we brought you back to our ship for questioning, like we agreed."

The Alpha 1 member hailed Saracen and the other Heroes. "Rune, how 'bout helping me out by grabbing the Doc in the fallen ship? He may be injured, but bring backup anyway."

IC Flint - Middle of the Fray:

"Yep," he responded to Weaver without taking his eyes off of Von Nebula. "You okay?"

Edited by FallenCor

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Appearance:

Bio:

SkullShredder not approved due to having too many powers and basically being invulnerable still.

Hmm....

Maybe I should ditch the regenisis...

Edited by Teh Dark One

OOC: Cor - Splint has intentionally refrained from stating his name in the drone's presence. Actually he said it when he called Georje. Nevermind.

Also, Georje's not a Hero, just a run-of-the-mill medbot. With flight training.

e: finally got rid of my excessively large rank image 

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Shadow Unit#phntk#1