fishers64

OOC: That's... um... not how it works...

Oil is less dense than water, so they don't mix. The oil will always rise to the surface and float on top. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

Thumper hit the ground as Traferous took off. She dusted herself off as she jogged for the doorway the others had disappeared into. She walked around the Hero doing something with Traferous- they looked like they knew what they were doing, whoever they were- and approached Flint and the organic. "Are you guys okay?"

OOC: Nato has a point, but what I think Fishers means is, the puddles of oil are sparser due to the water. But that means they likely won't spread, I think? Either way, yeah oil and water don't mix all that well. I'll edit my post as needed- I don't think oil can delay igniting, and if there's a big ol' flame starting, I doubt Thumper would ignore it.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC 78 EAST

78 tried to angle her head away from the blow, but that didn't stop her from being knocked out, or from Gadget's shots from hitting her arm.

OOC: For those keeping score at home, an elbow strike is actually one of the most powerful strikes that can be done, if delivered properly, by even a lowly human. Yarr.

It's hard to deliver properly, because of how short it is and because you can break your elbow doing it, so don't try it at home. Unless you have to.

OOC: That's... um... not how it works...

Oil is less dense than water, so they don't mix. The oil will always rise to the surface and float on top.

Right. That's why the oil is in that hall in the first place. But gravity moves the oil-water mix down the walls and into the floor, and Traferous' jets are not near the floor. So there might be a series of tiny smoking flames on the walls, and it's going to take a few seconds before it gets down to the floor and FOOOM.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Already More Successful Than Saracen. 

"Ouch," she yelped, stumbling to her feet. She dropped the cuffs, clutching at her cracked elbow. "Ow, ow, ow, why did I do that?" She paused, realising that it had actually succeeded in knocking East out. "Oh, sweet."

She bent down to snatch up her cuffs, then tried once more to shackle the villain's ankles together. 

So there might be a series of tiny smoking flames on the walls, and it's going to take a few seconds before it gets down to the floor and FOOOM.

OOC: Ah, fair enough. 

Edited by Shadow Nato

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Flint - Engine Room:

Flint should have seen that coming, and now he was regretting it. Everything happened too fast for him to do little more than clutch the doctor in such a way as to -- hopefully -- shield him from the brunt of their impact with the wall and the floor. He wouldn't get the chance to find out, however -- he was knocked out cold.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne. 

"Everyone get out of there!" He shouted, accelerating quickly down the hall and landing near the fallen Flint. Tongues of flame were already licking at the walls; it probably wouldn't be too long before they trickled down to the oil-slicked floor. He hoisted Flint over his shoulders, his capacitors straining to take the weight of both heroes.

He took off back down the hallway, shouting to the other heroes as he passed, "Move! Take the organic if you have to, but leave Traferous!" This was probably the best chance they'd have to destroy the monster. Once the flames spread to the engine room, or up to the source of the oil, who knew what kind of explosion that might result in? He just hoped it'd be one big enough to annihilate the seemingly unkillable villain once and for all. 

OOC: I'm gonna say Thumper didn't notice the flames on the walls on the way in.

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

She protested, "We can't just leave someone to die! We're Heroes!"

He was gone before she could get halfway through her statement. Carefully, she scooped up the organic. The organic wasn't heavy, by any means, but she knew organics broke easily and in weird ways, so she cradled him in both arms so she could make sure not to jostle the guy too much.

She glanced at Traferous and the Hero holding him down. She said, "We can't leave him in here. We're Heroes, we don't leave knocked out villains to die."

With that, she ran outside.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne.

"I'm fine!" He called back as he passed through the ship doorway, and back out into the open. "Just get clear!" 

IC: Jason Ferro- Dilemma

Well. This was just great. The ship was rapidly being consumed by flames, and Ferro had just received orders from two different heroes, each telling him to do the exact opposite of what the other had ordered.

The Titan was as unconscious as ever. The fire would easily kill them in this state. Should he save them? They had contributed to the deaths of thousands, and from what Ferro had seen, their current state was the mainly the result of luck... Would leaving them be the right thing to do? Like the colorful hero had said; Heroes didn't leave villains to die. If Ferro did now, would he really be all that different from the villain laying before him?

Without warning, Ferro's magnetic fields began to disappear, one by one. It was an automatic function, intended to prevent Ferro from completely draining his core through excessive usage of his powers. Slag! How could he have been so careless?! Ferro had been distracted by the battle, so much so, that he had neglected to check his power levels. He hadn't had a recharge since before he went to Antropolis, and the fields he used to restrain Traferous had drained him rapidly. He was now at 10% power, too low to create any more magnetic fields without risk of death.

Desperately, Ferro tried to drag the Titan out of the ship physically, but it was no use. He wasn't strong enough. He then came to a realization: the titan's regeneration would protect them from being killed by the fire. Ferro had seen them regrow limbs in seconds, the fire's effects on them would be nonexistent!

Confident in the villain's survival, Jason began to stagger out of the ship, his low power preventing him from moving any faster. Hopefully, the colorful hero would give him a chance to explain himself before yelling at him...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Azure Stryker/Trying to help

"Alright then."

He let Saracen pass him as he turned around to check whether anyone was coming up from behind. Quickly he saw that a hero was trying to stagger his way out of the flaming room. Quickly he came up to him.

"You look like you're in need of a hand."

IC: Eloise Thumper and Ken Render - Outside

She turned to see the Hero, stumbling out of the flames alone. She glanced between the organic in her arms and the flames desperately, only to be interrupted by a familiar voice.

"What's goin' on, Ellie?"

Render had barely greeted her when he suddenly found an injured organic in his arms. "Oh gosh Ken I'm so happy to see you this guy's hurt and someone's still in there gotta go!!!"

"Ellie!" he shouted, but she was already bustling back into the burning wreck. He groaned. "Quark's gonna kill me."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Burning Engines

The fire had spread, and though she was heavily plated and all but immune to pain, she knew it was probably a bad idea to stay in the ship for longer than what was necessary. Maybe the guy had woken up, and could run to meet her on the way out to save precious time?

"Hello!" she shouted into the flaming wreck, heading for where the villain had been left. "Can you hear me?!"

~

IC: Q Team - Landing

Quark landed her ship next to the Astral, and peered out the front window at smoke billowing from somewhere nearby. She glanced to Quiver. "Stay here and guard the ship. I'll be back."

Quiver didn't even have time to question her before Quark was out the hatch.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - ... Huh

Gyro pointed off to the smoke seeping from the battle. "Or, uh, maybe we can go deal with that fire?"

IC: Saracen Rune - Eagerly Anticipating the Big Kaboom.

Laying Flint down at what was hopefully a safe distance, he drifted back towards the burning ship to see that the other heroes had made their way out. All but Thumper, who was instead charging headlong straight back into the inferno. 

He came to a stop a short distance from the doorway, hovering just above the ground since his injured legs probably wouldn't be able to take his weight. "Thumper, get out of there!" He hissed into his comms, as he raised his rifle to point towards the doorway, "That thing's going to blow any second now. Get out, and let Traferous burn. No one else should have to die because of him."

He wasn't sure if she could hear, and he was certain she wouldn't listen to him, but he had to try. Thumper had already allowed Traferous to go free, back on Tranquis, and he'd repaid that kindness by destroying the hero factory. Saracen wasn't going to let the villain get away again, whatever it took. 

• Upvote 2

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous didn't have time to respond to Thumper, for two reasons:

1) he was slowly being burned alive:

2) the flames would reach the engines at any moment.

So he turned the oil in front of him into sand, which quickly melted into glass due to the heat, and he made the effect spead away from him into the hallway. He snuffed out a few lingering flames on the engine in front of him with his hands.

He gritted his teeth. That had been a terrible drain on his energy, despite the large amount of the stuff he had stolen from the cell earlier. He was one laser-blast away from being form-locked, and that would be the end of him.

So he turned the oil in front of him into sand, which quickly melted into glass due to the heat, and he made the effect spead away from him into the hallway. He snuffed out a few lingering flames on the engine in front of him with his hands.

OOC: Now, I freely admit that I have a bias towards wanting Traferous dead, but I feel confident in asserting that the action described above is beyond even his formidable capabilities. 

From his profile:

2. Mass absorption/ transmutation: Traferous can transmute or rearrange portions of his form to become any form of mass he knows of, and leave it behind as itself, with no living creatures - it will literally be whatever form of mass he selects. This extends to other objects around him, but he must be in physical contact with the object in question, absorb it into his form, and then change its composition. 

Now, I may be misunderstanding something here, and feel free to correct me if I am, but wouldn't this mean that Traferous would have to touch and absorb the oil, then basically regurgitate it back out as glass? Going by the profile description, that power shouldn't be able to function as an area of effect ability like it's being used as in the latest post. 

Edited by Shadow Nato

IC:  Gabriel Bliss - I'm Never Making Another Lawful Good Character Again :plain:

Bliss didn't hesitate for a second. A powerful burst from his wingpack sent him hurtling through the spreading flames and a hard kick to the burning wall gave him the momentum he needed to push the villain out of harm's way. "BRACE YOURSELF!" he yelled as he flew at break-neck speed towards Traferous. He wasn't going to let this madman die, no matter what he'd done to deserve it.

IC: Alex Drift - Game Over?

"Come on, we need to get out of here!" he said to Weaver, trying to lift the severely damaged 78 over his shoulder and glancing back nervously at the flaming ruin.

IC: Cobra Shard - The Good Times End

Shard watched mutely as the golden Hero next to him blasted off into the fire to... to save the villain? The poor rookie was very confused.

He looked hard at the inferno before muttering to himself, "There's snow way I'll be able to put that out," Chuckling to himself over his bad joke, he turned around and started running away as fast as he could before the whole thing exploded.

IC: Marrow - Quaza Storehouse

Marrow glanced up from its feast as the smell of smoke from an oil fire drifted in. Huh, that was weird...

It went back to eating.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Azure Stryker/Trying to help

"Alright then."

He let Saracen pass him as he turned around to check whether anyone was coming up from behind. Quickly he saw that a hero was trying to stagger his way out of the flaming room. Quickly he came up to him.

"You look like you're in need of a hand."

IC: Jason Ferro- Drained

"Yeah..."

As Ferro stumbled to safety, the colorful hero ran past him, probably going to retrieve the villain herself. Ferro turned toward her as she ran, intending to warn her about the villain's regenerative abilities.

"Hey... Wait!"

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Crowley - Ruins. 

In the distance, he could see that most of the heroes were gathered around a still-burning fragment of what had once been Traferous' ship. He stayed well away from the site of the chaos, sticking to the lake shore and working his way around the edge of the island in search of an intact vessel. 

Edited by Shadow Nato

OOC: So, wait, did Bliss shove past Thumper, or...? She's going down the burning hallway by this point. I mean, assuming he's going fast enough to beat her to a room she's close to and running towards, especially since he's outside.

Also, maybe we should wait for Fishers to respond to Nato. That is an important detail he's asking for an explanation for.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Flying

He stretched his blades and took off for the fire, looking for something that could hold water.

IC: Jonathan Splint - Lifeline

After finding and landing the ship on a stable-looking pile of rubble, the medic jumped out and began heading towards Ruby's coordinates.

NPC: Georje - Lifeline

Buckley's legs were now straightened out, and most of the servos had been repaired. Several would need the more precise equipment of a surgery to be restored to their full range of motion, and one or two were crushed beyond repair.  Regardless, the fixes would allow him to at least hobble along.

As the ship landed, he looked up from his patient's limbs. "I need to go assist Splint," he said. "I'll be back soon." He picked up a folded-up stretcher and headed for the exit.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Shadow Unit#phntk#1

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Lifeline.

"That's fine with me," he felt a whole lot better now that not all of his body parts were screaming in agony at him, "Have fun."

OOC: Now, I freely admit that I have a bias towards wanting Traferous dead, but I feel confident in asserting that the action described above is beyond even his formidable capabilities.

From his profile:

2. Mass absorption/ transmutation: Traferous can transmute or rearrange portions of his form to become any form of mass he knows of, and leave it behind as itself, with no living creatures - it will literally be whatever form of mass he selects. This extends to other objects around him, but he must be in physical contact with the object in question, absorb it into his form, and then change its composition.

Now, I may be misunderstanding something here, and feel free to correct me if I am, but wouldn't this mean that Traferous would have to touch and absorb the oil, then basically regurgitate it back out as glass? Going by the profile description, that power shouldn't be able to function as an area of effect ability like it's being used as in the latest post.

GM post nulled while this is under dispute and I think it over.

My thought was that he would absorb the floor into his form - he essentially "becomes the floor" for a short time, thus in that space between him and the engine and into the hallway (not the whole hallway, that post needs edited anyway ugh).

The problem was that I never threw down a rule that Traferous had to change something to incorporate it into his form, meaning that his form could be anything, even an oily floor, and that his "touch" - the edges of his form - could spread. Otherwise I would have to retcon all of the healings has done for the entire battle too, since they operate on the same principle.

I hate OP characters.

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

She nodded to Epix. "Ah, slip of the vocal unit. Apologies. You would think, with how many times I've given that quote in my time, I'd be able to rehearse it properly in my sleep by now. Of course, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I do truly believe that, of course. I suppose today just took more out of me than expected."

She sighed. "Hopefully, when those villains are captured outside, we'll have time to hunt through the ruins. I had a terrarium full of Derumic Killer Spiders and it would be nice to recover at least a few of them."

OOC: What exactly does the SIA do? I'm confused as to why Epix is so grouchy about the forensics department doing what they are meant to do. Or is it just that the SIA wasn't informed?

OOC: It's actually in Epix's bio (click on the link in my signature for more info), but the Security and Internal Affairs (SIA) Division of Hero Factory basically revolves around three primary objectives:

1. Overseeing the security of the Assembly Tower, HF V.I.P.s (such as Mr. Makuro) during public events, and safeguarding prototype response devices that the organisation normally wouldn't want to see in the hands of Villains.

2. Investigating reports of any wrongdoing allegedly perpetrated by other Heroes (such as taking bribes, falsifying evidence, or the usage of excessive brutality when making arrests) and detaining them in the event that their findings support said allegations.

3. Capturing and/or terminating Rogue Heroes, depending on the circumstances. Hence why Epix is also known as "The Recall."

I kind of figured that if HF had the Hero Recon Team, they probably would've put something like this into effect as well, considering the canonical existence of both Von Nebula and Core Hunter from the original source material. And since Villains who had previously worked at HF seemed to be slightly more dangerous/competent in the actual series, making a greater effort to prevent Heroes from going rogue in the first place wouldn't be entirely out of the question.

So to answer your question, for a character whose job essentially consists of doing this stuff on a daily basis, it's actually a case of the latter. In his mind, however, he's honestly more annoyed at the fact that one of his superiors bypassed the chain of command more than anything.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Oh, I see. Sorry, Timeageness, I had no idea that was in the profile. Sounds like they'd be working pretty closely with the forensics team, which explains why he's mad. Thank you!

As much as it pains me to at such an exciting moment, I'll have to hold off posting as Thumper until both Fishers and Rylinth get back. Fishers, because whether or not the room is on fire is a pretty big deal, and Rylinth because of a bit of confusion regarding Bliss' actions (putting aside the fact I may or may not be a little disappointed that Thumper's big 'risk everything to save the villain who wronged you because that's what being a Hero is all about' is being shanghaied :c ) in that he somehow beat Thumper to a room she was running towards from very close to the room itself, while not running into her through the hallway. Posting as Thumper right now, I feel, would lead to a whole lot of confusion.

Also, I was looking it up because I got confused as to what the wingpack actually did, but how is it pushing him forwards if its whole deal is basically slowing his descent if he's falling? Sorry about all the questions, by the way, I just wanted to clear this up before moving on.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Helping

While Furno deliberated, Flood pulled on his gloves and started searching the area. It helped make him feel useful.

~

IC: Ken Render - With Doctor Lie

While he was very, very worried about Thumper, the organic in his arms was looking very poor. He called the Astral. "Render here, any organic specialists around? Gotta villain here more banged up than a tin can on a freeway at rush hour."

Powers and Abilities: He has a wingpack integrated into his back armor which allows him to perform gravity-defying acts of parkour such as wall-running, midair leaping, or kicking multiple enemies while remaining airborne. Bliss cannot use the wingpack while carrying anything as it is designed to support his weight only. He is outfitted with medium armor, which is the heaviest he can get without straining the wingpack.

OOC: The wingpack essentially lets him super jump, so he's basically just leaping down the hallway very fast while staying airborne by kicking off from the walls.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous didn't have time to respond to Thumper, for two reasons:

1) he was slowly being burned alive:

2) the flames would reach the engines at any moment.

He gritted his teeth. That had been a terrible drain on his energy, despite the large amount of the stuff he had stolen from the cell earlier. He was one laser-blast away from being form-locked, and that would be the end of him.

OOC: I'm pretty sure the hallway is on fire, but whether or not Traferous himself or the engine are burning is what's confusing me here...

OOC: As much as it pains me to at such an exciting moment, I'll have to hold off posting as Thumper until both Fishers and Rylinth get back. Fishers, because whether or not the room is on fire is a pretty big deal, and Rylinth because of a bit of confusion regarding Bliss' actions (putting aside the fact I may or may not be a little disappointed that Thumper's big 'risk everything to save the villain who wronged you because that's what being a Hero is all about' is being shanghaied :c ) in that he somehow beat Thumper to a room she was running towards from very close to the room itself, while not running into her through the hallway. Posting as Thumper right now, I feel, would lead to a whole lot of confusion.

Also, I was looking it up because I got confused as to what the wingpack actually did, but how is it pushing him forwards if its whole deal is basically slowing his descent if he's falling? Sorry about all the questions, by the way, I just wanted to clear this up before moving on.

OOC: So here's how I see this - The hallway was large enough for Jet-Blasting-Titan-Traferous to easily fly down it, so I'd think it would be large enough to fit Bliss and Thumper at once, especially considering Bliss is only the size of a 2.0. Even if he can't go around, there's probably enough room overhead for him to squeeze past.

Also, I did say in his profile that his wingpack can't support any excess weight, and it's doubtful that jumping at Traferous will move him out of the hallway, so we're all still relying on Thumper to do the heavy-lifting here.

If this doesn't work, I can always go back and edit.

• Upvote 1

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Oh, that makes more sense! Thanks, Rylinth! I think what was confusing was the lack of mention of her in the post, which, combined with the fact he went straight down the hallway, sounded a little like she wasn't there in the first place. But if he went over her, or around her, then that makes sense. Thumper is quite large for a Hero, but if Bliss is smaller then I'm sure it evens out. I mean, if you really wanted you could mention squeezing past thumper, but I could just mention that in my post instead.

I'm glad it became a joint rescue! I mean, ultimately, we all win because we get to walk outside with Traferous and watch Rune scream angrily for a thousand years, but you know.

Oh, and Fishers' post was nulled while she figured out what was up with the fire situation, so we've still gotta wait, I'm afraid. :c

From his profile:

GM post nulled while this is under dispute and I think it over.

My thought was that he would absorb the floor into his form - he essentially "becomes the floor" for a short time, thus in that space between him and the engine and into the hallway (not the whole hallway, that post needs edited anyway ugh).

The problem was that I never threw down a rule that Traferous had to change something to incorporate it into his form, meaning that his form could be anything, even an oily floor, and that his "touch" - the edges of his form - could spread. Otherwise I would have to retcon all of the healings has done for the entire battle too, since they operate on the same principle.

I hate OP characters.

Alright, let me be clear - this is NOT an area-of-effect ability, nor is it completely effective.

(@Rylinth:)Traferous is on fire in places, but not on his back because that is still covered in metal spikes.

He is on the ground between the engine and the hallway. So he incorporates the oil on the ground beneath him into his form and turns it to sand in a last-ditch attempt to save his ship. Then he does the same with the flames in front of him and on the engine though physical contact.

The reason I said "into the hallway" was that Flint crashed in front of Traferous, so I figured he would be back into there a little. I didn't figure that the area between the right engine and the end of the hallway would be this huge space - there would be enough to walk though reasonably, but not enough to hold a picnic.

This brings up the debate of whether Traferous had enough time and energy to do what he did and whether it had much effect; the fact of the matter is that he does not care. It is his freaking prize ship that he put hours of hard work and research into - its loss is something that he is unable to accept, and that may or may not mean his death.

Now I do have to decide whether the ship explodes, which is a matter of flames spreading from the hallway around Traferous in addition to over him (the flames going over him is something I established in a previous post) and oil fire's tendancy to restart, which leaves the situation STILL pretty darn likely, and the fact that Traferous is out of energy from all that battling. Then there's Bliss' and Thumper's appearance.

But that is a matter for a future post to decide, and not that one, since it's also a matter of what Bliss and Thumper do.

Bliss' post is fine, seeing that there is enough space in the hallway.

Thumper's post stands.

My post is going to stand unless Nato has any more objections. I will proceed when I recieve a response. mostly this is because Nato hates it when you post IC over his dispute; it's part of the never-to-be-published Lessons Learned from Bionifight Infinite.

OOC: While we're waiting on Nato: how thick are the walls in the engine room?

OOC: Thick. Think about six inches minimum - it has to be light enough to get off the ground, so it's metal, but the primary concern there is noise insulation so the audio receptors of everyone aren't recieving a constant pounding.

The engines themselves are vaccuum sealed and insulated of course - they have to be or else the ship would be loosing cabin pressure rapidly every time it shot through space. However, that seal is broken due to impact and being filled with water, which also burst some of the fuel seals - but the real reason for the oil spill is that the engines were in operation when they hit the water, meaning that the engines were blown out while the fuel valves were all open, causing unspent fuel to pour out.

Unlike Hero Factory which uses a firewall to seal the engines away from the occupant, the Transportation Federation tends to use this model because their point is making the delivery, even if they have to repair the engines in the air. A vacuum seal failure is considered by them to be a serious emergency alone, and for good reason.

GM IC WILBUR FLOOD

Flood would himself looking at an open shell. To his right was a curve of metal with doors that looked like a hangar bay of sorts, but empty of space craft and being washed into by shallow water. In front of him was a damaged staircase, to left of which was a gaping hole with exposed wires and components on the back of it.

Directly between the stair case and the hangar deck was what looked to be a robot recharging station.

GM NPC FURNO

Furno headed for the stairs. He was looking for some good news, and trying to avoid the commotion behind him.

OOC: If no one else has any objections, I don't see any need to hold up the game further. Let us proceed. 

OOC: Thank you! One more question: I assume there's a wall that has the outside world on the other side of it. Would that wall be thin enough to punch through relatively quickly? I'm getting the feeling running back the way they came would be quicker, but it's always good to have a plan B.

IC: Wilbur Flood - Ship Fragment

Flood couldn't see much of use here. He idly tried the door on the spiked ship, figuring he may as well see if it was unlocked and, if so, if it had anything useful left inside.

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude/Sampson Bass--Dropship (Landing)

"Artemus?" Sampson held on to the headrest of the pilot's seat, tension turning his grip into a vise. "What's happening out there?"

There was a long moment of silence before his companion spoke. "The Factory," Schadenfreude replied weakly. "It's gone."

"...what?"

"Well, not entirely gone," Artemus amended grimly. "There's still a few bits left. Looks almost like it was blown up..." He course corrected and moved in to land the dropship near the smoldering ruins, praying that whoever had destroyed the center of their lives hadn't already spotted their vulnerable craft...

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Ken Render, Dorothy Quark and Eloise Thumper - Is There Such A Thing As Triple Grounded

Quark saw Render running back for the ship, and stopped him. "When did you- never mind. What's going on?"

"Oil fire," Render said hastily. "Place is gonna blow harder than a box of firecrackers. Thumper ran in for a villain still in there."

"Why didn't you stop her?!" she seethed. Render appeared hurt, and then she saw the injured organic in his arms.

"Get him on the ship," she grunted, already starting for the wreck. She didn't have time to apologise right now. "I'll handle Thumper."

As Render headed for the Astral, Quark called Thumper as she ran. "Eloise Thumper, get out of there RIGHT NOW or so help me I will drag you out myself!"

"In a sec," Thumper replied, nearly at the door.

"No, not 'in a sec'! Right NOW!"

Though she knew she was going to be in a lot of trouble, she turned off her communicator, disregarding her team leader as she had Rune. Something sped over her head, heading for the villain. She thudded after them and found another Hero and the villain.

"Can you stand?" she half-shouted over the roar of the flames, already throwing Traferous' arm over her broad shoulders. She decided that hobbling out would be far too slow, and hurriedly scooped up the villain and ran for the door.

"Come on!" she shouted at the other Hero, racing for the door.

OOC: Is Thumper picking him up too much of an autohit? Or autosave, in this case? I can edit if need be.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Airborne

Scarlet caught up very quickly- she was made for speed, after all. Gyro pointed down at the fire. "Smells like burning oil, water's not gonna cut it. Did you see a tarp or somethin', one big enough to smother the thing? Or maybe some fire extinguishers?"

IC: Markus Vex - Space Station.

"Hey Rocka, I think I've found them," after wandering around on an aimless search for a while, he'd finally decided to head over to the security centre of the station, and check the camera feeds. "They got onto a civilian transport a half-hour ago, headed for Makuhero City. They're probably already there by now." 

IC: Saracen Rune - Frustrated. 

He stayed where he was, rifle trained on the entrance. If anything came out of there that wasn't one of the two idiots who'd just gone back in, he was going to toss it straight back into the flames. 

IC: Crowley - Ruins.

He spotted another hero craft circling down towards the ruins, and slunk across the wreckage towards it. A ship that size likely wouldn't have many heroes on board. If he was lucky, me might be able to steal the vessel and finally get off this rock. 

IC: Gabriel Bliss - This Is So Stupid

Bliss was surprised the other Hero was able to handle such a massive burden until he realized who it was. Eloise Thumper? The Hero wrestler he'd seen on TV that one time?

Well then, that explained her lifting powers. He still remembered that one pile-driver move... good times...

As Thumper began to move, he kept himself in between her and the fuel tanks. If they blew, his body would provide a bit of cushioning, albeit very minor, from the blast. A grim thought indeed, but he was sure they'd make it out safely.