fishers64

GM NPC STORMER

"Nex, check that," said Stormer, pointing to the dimensional reading instruments. There was a huge outflow of energy from the rock into the dimension that the two had discovered earlier.

He picked up the comms. "Traferous Diaphanous is still alive." 

OOC: I'd be happy to let him die, but it's not IC for that character. Same for Bliss, unfortunately

OOC: Ah, you don't like him either?  :P

Seriously, I think I might just make villains from now on. Playing all these Heroes is starting to get on my nerves...

I mean, you wanted him to go out in a blaze of glory. Given that, what happened is unfortunate. :P

GM NPC FURNO

"Yeah, if we can deal with the villains, I think we can rebuild the Factory," Furno said. "Starting with this." 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO/QUADAL

"Perhaps we can make good out of a tragedy," Mr. Makuro said. "Quadal, run me an analysis, please."

Quadal floated off, chirping excitedly. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Dorothy Quark - Smouldering Wreck

"Have any details?" Quark asked Stormer over the comms. "Because I'm standing where the villain should be, and all I see is two Heroes and a-"

She paused, remembering what Rune said. She'd thought she heard mention of a shapeshifter in the buzz of the comms. So, when he said in the wall...

"Scratch that," she said dryly. "Do we have protocols for Hero Cuffing a magic shapeshifting wall of anti-Quaza?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: I'd be happy to let him die, but it's not IC for that character. Same for Bliss, unfortunately.

OOC: Ah, you don't like him either? :P

Seriously, I think I might just make villains from now on. Playing all these Heroes is starting to get on my nerves...

OOC: I'm sure there are many villains who would be all too happy to thin the ranks. :P

IC: Jason Ferro- Worst day ever

One moment, Ferro had been leaning on a wall, preparing to make a heroic sacrifice. The next, that wall no longer existed, and he was flying through the air.

As he came to, Ferro could hear fires burning and heroes yelling. He had no idea what had happened, but since he didn't hear any gunfire, he guessed the villain had been stopped. For now, at least.

Dazed, Ferro sat up, trying to see if there was anyone near him.

"Is... It it over?.."

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: I'd be happy to let him die, but it's not IC for that character. Same for Bliss, unfortunately

OOC: Ah, you don't like him either?  :P

in before Echo turns into a villain upon revival

GM NPC STORMER

"He's in that wall," Stormer said.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

As if on disturbing cue, a pair of eyes and a disembodied head appeared in the antiquaza, forming itself back into the villain's body. Then the anti-quaza wall dissolved into himself, leaving him standing there. Upon seeing Saracen's furious expression, he allowed himself a smile. 

He had done the last thing the Hero wanted, of course. He knew that Saracen wanted to sacrifice himself to kill him. Had he simply let Saracen die and survive the explosion, everyone would accuse him of setting the ship on fire intentionally in order to bait Saracen and kill him, when it had simply been a mistake. And frankly, Traferous would not have anyone die over a mistake he had made. Not even Saracen, and especially the other Hero who wasn't even really that bad. 

But now, the other Hero would owe Traferous his pathetic and miserable life. Which was incredibly fun, enough to lift his melancholy. Even better, he had nothing left to fight for against the Hero, which would make the situation interesting. 

IC: Dorothy Quark - Thanks Stormer

"Not anymore, apparently," she said, drawing her blaster just in case.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Smouldering Wreck

"Oh!" Pre-emptively, she moved between Rune and Traferous. "Well, I'm glad to see you're not dead, amigo, but you're still under arrest. Your friends are fine, so don't worry about that. Can you hold out your wrists?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Saracen Rune - Here We Go Again.

"He can't be cuffed."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Like the guy from that mission with the sun rocket?" She frowned. "That was weird. I thought the cuffs were meant to absorb powers."

IC: Saracen Rune - Internal Screaming.

"He is the guy from Tranquis!" He all but snarled, incredulous that someone could be so dense, "And what are you looking so smug about?" He raised his rifle once more, keeping it trained on Traferous, "Your ship blew up, your friends are all captured, and you're surrounded by the same people whose home you just destroyed and friends you murdered. It's over."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Eloise Thumper - Slowly Putting The Pieces Together

She glanced between Rune and Traferous, still frowning slightly, though out of contemplation rather than anger.

"Are you sure?" she asked, finally. "I mean, the other guy was a CEO, and this guy said he was one step above that..."

Her expression brightened with realisation. "So he must have gotten a promotion! I get it now!"

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - She's Almost Proud. Almost.

Quark pinched the ridge between her eyes and slowly cycled air through her systems. She wasn't even there for the mission and she had a better grasp on who this guy was.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

OOC: Honestly, the two of you should just post as Focus and Blink searching the area in general for anything that sticks out, and see where that takes you.

IC: Var ViciouAndrea Plume
"Gorn, this villain has to be arrested. She's assaulted heroes, and attempted to kill a suspect in our custody. We can't just let her walk free." Andrea prepared a second javelin in her other hand, dual wielding them in the face of the villain.

Var remained unyielding. "Your interference is appreciated but not necessary, Gorn. I can take care of this harlot myself."

IC Wolfe - Tower Ruins:

After the lightshow subsided, Wolfe jumped down from his perch and made his way over to the little group who stood before Traferous. The vet wasn't happy, and it probably showed, but his voice remained pleasant. "Well! Never thought I'd get to see what happens when you try to blow up a cockroach." He stood beside Saracen, facing Traferous. "So what now, friend?"

IC Helen - Astral:

She turned to Zib and Mr. Makuro, looking mildly distressed. "Is there nothing we can do?"

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

"Actually, I was talking to you."

Gorn pointed at Var, keeping his blade where it was.

"We may respect each other, but that sure as SLAG doesn't mean I'm going to let you kill a fellow hero!"

He turned to Plume, while still keeping an eye on Var in case she tried anything.

"Var is an... acquaintance of mine. She's not from around here. She came here with some allies, who are currently near the planet."

It seemed that the villain wasn't dead after all. At this point, Ferro had no idea how they were going to bring this guy down. He would try to assist, but he wasn't going to be of much help in this state, anyway.

With a groan, the black and purple hero rose to his feet, and began limping back to the Astral.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Shade - Astral Corridors

Shade was finding disappointment at every corner. It didn't appear as if someone with a sense of fun or humour had had any influence upon the building plans of this ship and there wasn't anywhere where Shade felt comfortable leaving his mattresses. The best thing he had found was a janitor's closet (it seemed clean enough). It would have to do for now while he searched for a better place. "Like Mr Makuro's Room..." Shade thought. Invisible and dampened, he headed up to mission control to try and see if he could sneak onto an unoccupied terminal and find the access codes to the Big Bot's personal quarters aboard the ship.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

I mean, you wanted him to go out in a blaze of glory. Given that, what happened is unfortunate. :P

OOC: That was partly just a really bad joke, to be honest. 

Blaze of Glory?

Y'know... 'cause they were in a fire?

Nevermind

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Not Going Out In A Blaze Of Glory

Bliss wasn't quite sure what was going on. Traferous had managed to survive, that much was obvious, and the ship had most definitely exploded... but he and Rune weren't dead...

Which meant Traferous had... had saved them? It didn't quite add up; this guy had just blown up their home and now he had saved them?

Getting over his surprise, he finally climbed to his feet.

"We don't need to kill him, Rune," he reminded the seething Hero. "On the other hand, I can't think what we do need to do with this guy..." he regarded the shapeshifting villain thoughtfully. How did you contain someone like this?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"There is always something that can be done," said Mr. Makuro. "But I am not sure what invention would contain such a being. Zib is the tactical strategist - I am certain that he will come up with a solution."

GM NPC ZIB

Zib turned to Mr. Makuro, scrolling up feeds. "His biggest weakness is in his mind. He doesn't act like a hardened criminal, just like an overpowered civilian throwing a temper tantrum over the fact that his ship got crashed and destroyed. He didn't attack us except when we attacked him or held his people prisoner. The first thing he did when he got here wasn't to attack us, it was to drag his ship back together. His mind may have been converted to energy, but it is the same mind."

"We can use this to our advantage."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"It is over," said Traferous, grinning. "Also, your fury over the fact that I saved your life is incredibly entertaining."

GM NPC SURGE

"You're saying that you believe his story about being blackmailed and everything?" Surge said.

GM NPC ZIB

"I'm just giving an analysis, Surge. He shot at the Factory, but he seems to think he can just get away with it by acting like his old civilian self. Therefore, he will have to keep that game, which could lead him into a trap."

Edited by fishers64

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude/Sampson Bass--Dropship [Landed]

There was a brief, shuddering thud as the dropship touched down near what used to be the perimeter wall. "Okay, I'm going to go scout around," Artemus declared, rising from his seat. "You keep an eye on our guest while--"

"Hold on a second," Sampson interjected. "I'm not staying in here when I can't even tell what's going on out there." He gestured toward the window--to him, nothing more than a blank section of hull.

"I...that's...okay, I guess you have a point. Keep on your toes out there," Artemus sighed. As he took his seat again, Sampson opened the hatch and cautiously stepped out into the blasted earth, sweeping the area with his cannon in order to build a picture of his surroundings.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"It is over," said Traferous, grinning. "Also, your fury over the fact that I saved your life is incredibly entertaining."

IC: Saracen Rune - Really Wanting to Punch Traferous' Teeth Down His Stupid Smug Throat.

"You expect me to be grateful that Bliss and I happened to be in the way when you were busy saving your own skin?" He snapped, sick of the way this monster kept twisting circumstances to make himself seem blameless, "No. And even if I was, it wouldn't change anything. You destroyed our home, murdered our friends and coworkers, slaughtered an entire station's worth of police officers and who knows what else."

Now it was his turn to grin, "You're going to spend the rest of your miserable existence alone, surrounded by darkness, knowing that the entire universe thinks of you as the worst kind of scum..." he opened up his comms, "...and I think I know how to do it. Zib, I have an idea." 

OOC: So, don't the Heroes know his ship was firing giant death lasers at them earlier? I mean, he didn't mean to destroy his ship in the process, but he seemed very keen to destroy Hero Factory.

Even if we don't know it was him specifically shooting lasers IC, we do know he sent villains who outright murdered police officers. Also, this part I am less certain on, but I'm pretty sure he instigated the fight on Hero Factory. Even if we don't know IC what was going on inside the ship, he owns and was the boss of, as well as on board, the ship that started attacking Hero Factory.

I've been assuming, up til now, he's charismatic enough to convince people how great he is, and thinks of himself as a good person despite all the bad stuff he does. But it feels like Zib is assuming a lot from the guy who flew a giant ship bristling with weapons over a building full of people, stuffed to the brim with people whose job it is to go assist people who need the help and don't get that help from their planet's services, and said to a bunch of villains, "go nuts".

Or maybe this new bloodthirsty Zib is a big fan. Or wants him dead. Or both, but can't decide which.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Relevant

"I found your fury over us saving your life to be a little weird," Thumper said. "Also kind of mean. But I understand you might have been very frightened and stressed, so I forgive you."

She'd rescued people who yelled and cursed at her before. Panic doesn't help people think straight, she knew.

• Upvote 1

OOC: I'm kind of with Zippy on this one. It does seem like Stormer, Zib and co. are a little too willing to give Traferous the benefit of the doubt, despite everything they know he's done... like bomb their own home while they were still inside. 

OOC: A quick addendum: I see absolutely nothing wrong in having a character who sees themselves as good- most people don't set out to do evil things for the sake of being evil, and justify their actions to themselves as just. There's also nothing wrong with a character able to convince others that what they're doing is just, even if it's downright evil. I just thought I'd speak up about Zib and friends following along, too, since it's kind of weird.

OOC: Zib is just brainstorming ways to take down the villain. He still thinks of Traferous as a villain, but he's pointing out these things to try to get to a way of taking him down or leading him into a trap. Everything he said in that post is true. 

The problem is, they don't know who fired what inside the ship before it went down. It's not like Traferous took out a megaphone at them and yelled, "Hey, I'm Traferous Diaphanous, you puny heroic scrap metal boxes are going DOOOWWWNN!" In fact, he tried to hide his ship from them and fire at them from afar instead of getting into it. He didn't even want the Heroes to know that he was there or that he was getting involved.

Which, by the way, is called the "fallacy of trying to gain too many advantages from a situation," a common downfall of many villains. Their ambitions are always one size too many, and that's when they get into trouble.

Zib's IC edited, and other ICs cut/edited. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Can you tell me, or would it be better if you were out of earshot of the prisoner?"

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Really," Traferous said. "Everyone in the galaxy is going to believe the word of one enraged Hero over my years of work building my positive reputation. Which is basically what this amounts to - your irrational personal vendetta." As he talked, he shifted himself into various forms, first Mene Vantal, through a few civilian forms and back to his standard form, an implicit reminder to Saracen that even if he tried to destroy the identity of Traferous Diaphanous, he could take another one with incredible ease and be just as accepted. 

GM IC THE TRANSPORTATION FEDERATION & ??? - UNKNOWN

The phone rang, and Traferous' second-in-command picked it up. 

"Congradulations on destroying the Hero Factory," said a voice on the other end of the line.

"We did not destroy the Hero Factory," said the second-in-command. She clenched her jaw.

"Are you sure?" said the voice on the other end. "Because I have a very big present for Traferous Diaphanous if he will listen."

This will not be a villainous organization. 

The second-in-command flicked a finger in the direction of the board. One of the members stood up and began running a trace on the line. 

"This is not a villainous organization," she snapped. "If Traferous Diaphanous is a villain, he is no longer a member of the Transportation Federation. We have yet to make a decision on this, and it is not your call." 

"Then I would like to speak to him personally," the voice on the other end of the line said. "Also, I want the tape of exactly what happened in that ship before it went down."

She frantically drew an H in the air. "Traferous is still on Makuhero city. We have not heard from him since the crash. We presume he has no way to contact us."

The phone tracker rang, and the board member swiped to send the coordinates of the caller to Hero Factory, rapidly following up with "This person sent us a suspicious offer, claiming that we had destroyed Hero Factory. We did not. If Traferous did this, it was on his own. We do not endorse his actions."

The electronic signature read: The Transportation Federation. The coordinates of the caller were on a planet in the Valos system, that was famous for being uninhabited. 

The seven people in the room looked at each other in worry. The tape that they were looking at was wanted by the conspiracy to confirm Traferous' culpability in the destruction of Hero Factory. But if Traferous was culpable, the Federation would have to let him go. If he wasn't, then the conspiracy would go after the Federation for the destruction of their base. There was evidence of that all over that tape. 

"I will have that tape, then." 

"Not as long as I still have electricity in my circuits." She slammed the phone down. "Send that tape to the Hero Factory. Send them our best regards in their quest to take Traferous down."

The room erupted in emotional turmoil. A board member fainted. One screamed: "Traferous is our leader and you let him down!"

The rest looked like they wanted to be anywhere else. 

"Send the tape. Say no more." 

"No!"

"This will not be a villainous organization." 

"Traferous is not a villain!"​ 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

GM NPC ZIB

"Can you tell me, or would it be better if you were out of earshot of the prisoner?"

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne.

"Give me a sec," doing his best to ignore Traferous' mockery, he took to the air, trusting that the crowd of other heroes would be enough to put the villain in his place if he tried anything, "I don't want him hearing this." 

Once he was a safe distance away, he continued, "There might not be a prison in the galaxy that can contain this guy, but I think I know a place we could send him where he'd never be able to hurt anyone ever again..." 

"Send that tape to the Hero Factory. Send them our best regards in their quest to take Traferous down."

OOC: I'm curious - exactly how much of the event is actually saved on that tape? Has it been edited in any way? And more importantly, is the raw footage still accessible from what's left of the bridge of Traferous' ship? 

"Hey," she frowned. "Rune might be a little grouchy with you right now, but he does have a point. You're going to jail, no matter what you say. Thank you very much for saving them, but you still broke the law."

OOC: Shoot, forgot to say: thanks Fishers for the clarification! And for humouring me, though I almost miss Bloodthirsty Zib. :c

IC: Alex Drift and Cobra Shard - Final Epic Something

Drift popped a new magazine into his gun and started moving closer to the conversation to hear what Traferous was saying to the Heroes.

Shard ran a quick systems check and noted that his charge was running low. His coolant was also mostly spent.

IC: Blink - Ghost Town

Blink poked her head in a an abandoned doorway. Nothing unusual in there... This place was making her even more nervous than usual. Constant fear of being mugged or jumped on were one thing, but this silence was somehow much, much worse. "Do you see anything?" she ventured, looking sideways at Core.

OOC: I don't remember, did 78 get taken back to the Astral for medical attention? If not I'll have Shard take care of that.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"Send that tape to the Hero Factory. Send them our best regards in their quest to take Traferous down."

OOC: I'm curious - exactly how much of the event is actually saved on that tape? Has it been edited in any way? And more importantly, is the raw footage still accessible from what's left of the bridge of Traferous' ship? 

OOC: Pretty much everything after Traferous left Mechron. It's a "black box" type thing that beams the information back to the TF when the ship goes down, so they know where to hunt for their leader's body. 

As for the Heroes getting it, they would have to find that recording component, and Traferous made sure that it was well hidden away. They might be able to find the data that went on the tape in the bridge, but they would have to essentially fix the main computers on the bridge, since if they did dig out the drive and put it on the Astral the drive would wipe itself because of a security mechanism built into it. Essentially you would need Gadget, Render, and Abacus working together, and even then it would be rough to do it without metagaming, since they don't even know the tape exists. 

And in case anyone is doubting, Traferous is a villain with a (V). His deal with Black Phantom to get the assembly tower and his funding of the Breakout would be enough to lock him away. The real way to destroy the "I am innocent" facade is to pin the murder of Mene Vantal on him. He is a liar and a jerk...and the Transportation Federation didn't know this until now (his desire for his business to be legit was actually legit). There actually was a way to do that from Tranquis VII that wasn't done, which could possibly still happen.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I'm still waiting for you to actually arrest me," Traferous said. "All this talk and empty threats, and nothing is happening. I'm bored."

GM NPC ZIB

"Where are you thinking of?" Zib said.

GM NPC NEX

"Oh, look at this," Nex said with a chuckle. "Traferous' organization is being threatened by a telephone call. How cute that they decided to send that when their leader is about to be captured."

GM IC 78 EAST

78 woke up to see Drift. "Holy...wait, why I am not in a cell?"

----------------------------------------------

OOC: I checked: Drift was trying to carry 78. If I got scattered between here and last 78 IC, please tell me. 

Edited by fishers64

GM NPC ZIB

"Where are you thinking of?" Zib said.

IC: Saracen Rune - Ideas Are Dangerous Things.

"Okay, bear with me on this," he said, thinking over everything he knew about Traferous, "Our cuffs don't work on him, our cells can't hold him. He's basically immune to explosions, and even if he wasn't, he seems able to recover from being blown to pieces anyway." Zib and the rest had no doubt considered all of this - if Hero Factory's state of the art technology couldn't hold Traferous, it was unlikely that any lesser prison could.

"We can't contain him for very long, clearly. But what if we put him somewhere where he couldn't go anywhere? Where no matter what kind of weapons or rockets he coughs up, it wouldn't be enough to do anything with."   

OOC: Render, Gadget and Abacus. The Electronics Nerd Trinity.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Well You Can Already Tell This Is Going To Be A Trial

She perked up. "Well, that's... kind of cooperating! Thank you!"

She approached, cuffs in hand, and attempted to put them on his wrists.

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - Smouldering Wreck

Quark, having heard what Rune said about the Hero Cuffs, figure she'd let Thumper figure it out on her own. She came a little closer in case she had to provide backup with a short sigh.

OOC: Riiight, that totally slipped my mind.  :confused:

IC: Alex Drift - The Forgetful Hero

Drift stopped easing closer to Traferous  when 78 spoke and remembered he'd put her down when the ship had exploded. "I had to take cover when your ship blew up," he said, jerking his thumb over his shoulder at the smoldering wreckage. "As for you, I need to get you into the Astral's medbay before you go anywhere near a cell."

He (again) attempted to pick her up and carry her to the ship.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

GM NPC ZIB

"Get to the point."

GM NPC NEX

Nex just sent back a ;)

GM IC TRANSPORTATION FEDERATION

"Send the tape!"

The room crawled with tension. Everyone in the room knew that if that they couldn't rely on Traferous for protection, they would have to rely on what remained of Hero Factory for protection. 

Neither option appealed. 

"Let's face it," one of the board members said. "We're finished. We're all going to die. The only thing we can do is not die a bunch of villains too. Send the tape." He went to go revive his fainted friend.

"Traferous is not a villain." another one of them said. "Villains lie,cheat, steal - Traferous didn't do that. He was only trying to protect us from the conspiracy."

"It doesn't matter," the second-in-command said. "Whether Traferous is truly a villain is up to debate another day. What is true is that the rest of the galaxy will view him as a villain, whether any of us like it or not, and we will not harbor a villain. Traferous himself made that clear - we are not a villainous organization."

And with that, they sent the tape. None of them were happy about it. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS 

Traferous just let the cuffs stay on his wrists. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Get to the point."

IC: Saracen Rune - Getting To The Point.

"Space." He finally said, "We find a murky, unpleasant nebula in some distant, uninhabited corner of space, and we dump him there. The ion storms and radiation will scramble radio signals and sensors, so there'd be no way for him to call for help, or for anyone who ever did happen to pass through that region of space to find him." It was the fate that the villain deserved - to float forever in the vast, expansive blackness of space, with only his memories and regrets for company, "It's no different to any other life sentence; he'd just be in space rather than staring out at it through a cell window." 

IC: Saracen Rune - Vehemently Vicious. 

"You make that sound like it'd be a bad thing," he replied dryly, disappointed by Zib's apparent lack of enthusiasm, "As for getting him there... we know he can feel pain, and we know he can be rendered unconscious. Use your imagination." 

IC Helen - Astral:

She frowned. "Care to elaborate, Nex?"

IC Wolfe - Tower Ruins:

Wolfe's grip tightened on the hilt of his dagger, knowing full well that Traferous was merely humoring them, but he remained silent as Thumper made the arrest. 

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Eloise Thumper and Dorothy Quark - !!!

Thumper was surprised, but was quick to shoot Quark a grin. "I did it!"

"You did," Quark said, unconvinced but letting Thumper have her moment.

"Maybe the other ones were just broken!"

"They must have been." Quark glanced to Traferous. Well, even if he was faking having the cuffs on, at least he was decent enough to let Thumper think she's done it. Or just didn't want to muck around with watching her struggle with them. Either way, she kept her blaster drawn.

OOC: So, his powers still work through power absorbing cuffs?

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

She finished packing as a Hero entered the medbay, carrying an organic. Hm.

"Try an get some rest," she said to Blader. "A medbot will be with you shortly."

True to her word, she sent one over before approaching the newcomers.

~

IC: Ken Render and Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

Render wasn't surprised at the lack of response- some people didn't like identifying themselves to Heroes. He rested the organic on a free bed and took a moment.

All right, what did he know about organics? Most of them needed their blood, that was a big deal in the first aid course. They typically needed air, this guy had plenty. The guy was losing blood quick, so that was probably a good start. Though, from what someone had told him, duct tape was no good for most organic leaks.

"Greetings."

He gave a start as Selphi appeared by his side. He said, "Howdy."

Her eyes drifted to the organic. "Would you like some assistance?"

"Well, pardner, if'n you know a lick about organics or know someone who does, that'd be mighty fine."

"I've seen enough dead ones taken apart. I believe I can have a shot at putting a live one back together again."

"Uh..." He glanced at the organic. "Maybe. I gotta teammate who might be able to help, too- he's all about aquatic critters, though."

"Not much difference. Most organic life spawns from the sea, at some point or another."

Render exhaled air. Well, since no one had answered his call, to the best of his knowledge, they were probably the closest they could get to organic doctors. "Gotta stem the bleeding."

"Mm." Selphi removed some twine and disinfectant from her bag. She's done this a few times on corpses when she assisted in organic autopsies. Messy things, those. "Wash your hands and track down some clean sheets."

Render nodded hesitantly and rushed off. She smiled to the organic. "Apologies for the lack of introduction. I am Mona Selphi. I'm, well, a doctor. Who has worked on bodies. Some organic."

Having arrived back at the Astral, Ferro passed some members of Alpha team who were trying to come up with a way to deal with Traferous. Not wanting to interrupt them, he began looking for a charging station on his own.

GM NPC NEX

Nex just stared, waving Stormer over. Helen would be able to see the tape - the sight of a ship's bridge. 

Traferous whistled. "We are under attack. Next time, we fire everything and level that blasted building. Everyone ready?"

Fravi smiled. "Ready."

Traferous kept firing his ice cannon at the field. The ice would at least slow the passage of energy, allowing him to get through it with a barrage. He would try THAT, and then if that didn't work too good, he would bomb the side of the island, vibrating out the amperes. 

He wondered why no one else was helping, but he supposed it was because of the ship's vibrations. "Come on, guys. We're in the middle of a battle. Stuff generally hits the ship's forcefield when that's going on." 

It was then that Mr. Vyle fired at the Hero Factory. 

"Holy shikes," Traferous bellowed. "That's the most dangerous weapon installed on this ship!" He immediately mashed all of the grenade launchers and rocket launchers, blasting the wall of the Factory closest to the ship into ash and exposing the floors to the outside world. 

"Fravi, engines at 3/4ths power, now!" he shouted as the machine gun Bliss and Drift blasted at exploded, taking out four other weapons and damaging ten more.

"Ten seconds!" Fravi shouted. A red light flashed on the screen. Fravi mashed a button, then another. Another red light flashed.  

Mr. Vyle continued firing. 

Traferous, fed up with Fravi, grabbed the engine control and moved it to one-half speed, pulling the craft away just as several more booms sounded and the distant crackle of plasma. "You idiot!" he shouted at Mr. Vyle. "You're firing the forcefield disruptor, and a forcefield is this craft's main method of protection! YOU'LL KILL US ALL!"

"Why do you even have a forcefield disruptor, then?" [Mr. Vyle] snapped, reluctantly stepping away from the control panel,"Seriously, whose dumb idea was it to make a ship that can't use shields and weapons at the same time?"

"It wasn't mine," snapped Traferous. "It's the nature of forcefields. They stop things from going in, but they also stop things from going out. The alternative would have been to have put a ridiculous amount of heavy armor on this thing which would have reduced the weapons capacity and weighed it down." 

He sighed as the forcefield came back on, and the ship vanished. "As for that weapon, it's there for the exact purpose you used it for - scaring ground targets with forcefields into surrendering. But it's not to be used while this ship is under attack by other ships." 

"Still seems like a major design flaw to me," [Mr. Vyle] grumbled, turning away from the console, "So now what do we do?"

"First, I get the pets through the shield," said Traferous, annoyed. He mashed the field disruptor a couple of times, causing a crackling mess in front of where Adam West was driving...and revealing the big ship, again.

It would be a full 5 seconds before the fields turned on again, but that wasn't too big of a deal, now that no ships were attacking. "Then, if it survives being bashed into by a loaded dropship at high speed, we bomb the place out and consider it another holiday. If that doesn't work for some gosh awful reason, we turn the ship around and use the weapons on the other side of the ship. And if that doesn't work, I'm kicking you off this ship for bringing me in here on a suicide mission and wasting thousands of dollars of company equipment." 

"Fortunately for you, that is extremely unlikely." 

"In case you'd forgotten, I was initially against this idea," [Mr. Vyle] reminded Traferous, picking up his cane from where it'd fallen on the floor, "You can't blame me if this operation somehow fails."

A few interactions with Marcus' hero pod happened. 

Jimmy Abacus' attack landed, destroying the entire bottom of the ship, including the energy cannons. The main power line to the ship's engines from the bridge was exposed, and the bomb bay hung loose by a couple of supports. 

It was then that Traferous pressed the button to fire a cluster bomb from the distended bay. Due to the weapon's poor aim, only Hero Factory's cannon's on the roof...and the rest of the roof...were destroyed, exposing Mission Control to the outside world. 

However, it wouldn't be very practical to fire those cannons anyway, since Traferous' ship was right above the Factory. If the bomb bay dropped off the ships' frame, Hero Factory was history. 

Traferous did not, in that moment, raise the shields. Instead, he fired the engines a little, descending.

It was then that Max Vale's attack of pure Spiral power happened, destroying the entirety of the left hangar bay, sending all sixteen of Traferous' fake ships into Hero Factory's lake in shreds. The entire ship listed far towards the factory before Traferous fired the left engine to try to prevent a fatal barrel roll. The entire left engine was exposed, water coolant leaking from the system in a rain of water. 

It was then, and only then, that the bomb bay of Traferous' ship fell off the vessel, crashing into the now-deserted area once known as Mission Control. The entire Hero Factory exploded, falling apart in a terrible crash of screeching metal. 

Unfortunately, Traferous' ship was too close now. The raging explosion from below finished the job that Jimmy's cannons had started, breaking the entire vessel in half. 

The tape ended, fading out to static. 

Nex shook his head. "There's more tape here, but that's the one they wanted us to see, marking it IMPORTANT."

GM NPC STORMER

"Saracen is right again. If we ever get the Hero Factory back, I'm promoting him." 

GM IC DR. LIE

"The impact of hitting the floor hit my head and tore out my stitches in places," he groaned. "It's basically bruises on top of my already bad wounds, causing them to bleed. Just get some cloth or something. And water. I need water." 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

In truth, Traferous had to hold back his energy from the cuffs, lest they get too much energy and fry themselves. "Yeah," he said with a sheepish grin.

IC Helen - Astral:

Helen simply stared at the tape in disgust. When it was over, she pressed a few buttons on Nex's console and rewound the footage out of curiosity. Spotting a scene where Traferous looked especially excited and self-satisfied, she let it play for the others.

"All right, everyone!" he said enthusiastically. "The Hero Factory failsafe shield is down! This is the moment we have been waiting for, the destruction of Hero Factory! If anyone wants to try their hand at a weapon or take a dropship to catch any fleeing Heroes, feel free! Otherwise, enjoy the spectacle!"

She took a deep breath to keep from punching the console. "So, who wants to break the news to this poor innocent civilian?"

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 3

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |