fishers64

IC: Jonathan Splint - Frozen in time Finding Ruby

Splint found himself standing in front of a pile of rubble, which Ruby's coordinates were inside. This was expected given the circumstances, but it still complicated things. 

He'd just started to move a crushed metal beam when he heard the sound of massive engines firing up. Glancing up revealed that a large portion of the wrecked spacecraft was very much on fire and starting to move. He immediately hit the ground. If there wasn't any unexploded ordnance left aboard the ship, there was still plenty in the ruins of the Factory that could be set off.

Thankfully, that didn't happen, and the resulting explosion was far smaller than he'd anticipated. The medic leapt back to his feet, then answered Ruby's question. "A wrecked ship caught fire and blew up; it wasn't close enough to affect us too much. I've arrived at your coordinates."

~Unit#phntk#1

IC: Eloise Thumper and Dorothy Quark - Smouldering Wreck

Thumper asked, "So do I take him to the big ship?"

That was a good question. Quark considered Traferous. Well, knowing he could escape those cuffs at any time, she didn't think it wise to put him in their new base of operations. "... No. I'll take him to mine. Thumper, go ahead and take Quiver and yourself to the Astral for a shower and recharge. And try and keep yourself between her and the Hero Factory ruins. Poor girl's been through enough today."

Thumper had forgotten she was covered in dirt, oil, scorch marks and whatever the organic was leaking. She nodded, and bade Traferous goodbye. "Even if you're a pretty mean person and a villain, that was pretty nice of you to save those Heroes. And congratulations on your promotion, even if you're going to jail."

She ran off, and Quark stepped up. She turned to Wolfe. "I'd appreciate some backup, if you don't mind accompanying me."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

"Very helpful. What I wouldn't give to have a casualty like you on my table!" She smiled wistfully as she called Render, setting her twine down. "We'll also need water, thank you."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Kat: 

Suddenly, I felt like my own actions today had been overlooked by someone important. I shook it off, and looked at Tim. And shrugged. Most of the time, I knew what to do, but now...... I was clueless. Too much had happened today.

"Let's....let's just go home, Tim...."

Kaiba Blader:

"My thanks, Ms. Selphi."

IC Striker:

He was met with only static.

"That doesn't bode well...."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous considered this chain of events. On one hand, ending up on Quark's dropship would make it easier to overpower those two, steal the dropship, and go where he wanted to go. Further, it might shield him from Saracen's idea, whatever it was. On the other hand, it would involve leaving his friends behind on the other ship, leaving them to end up galaxy knew where. And it might be better to have his enemies where he could see them. Plus the bigger ship would reduce the odds of him destroying it if it came to a battle. 

"I'm not comfortable with that."

He expected the Hero in front of him to say something nasty. If he could irritate one Hero into leaving him alone, he could do it again.

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne.

Having gotten no further response from Zib, Saracen sighed and started flying towards the Astral. He was battered, tired, low on charge, and barely able to stand. He needed a break. 

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Ruins.

"So, this is the guy?" She asked brightly, popping up beside Quark and the others and frowning at Traferous, "How can one dorky dude have caused this much damage?"

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dorothy Quark - Smouldering Wreck

She pulled an exaggeratedly sad face at Traferous. "My goodness, not comfortable? Perish the thought. If only I had the tiniest, slightest interest in seeing to it that a mass murderer who destroyed my home was comfortable."

Her expression snapped back into her regular frown. "I'm not Thumper. I'm not going to pat your head and sing you into recharge. You lost the chance for nice right about the time Thumper passed that hunk of debris right there."

She turned to Weaver. "About the same way a child with a laser gun can ruin a caretaker's home in a tantrum, I suppose. If you are also joining us, I suppose we've just about got enough guards... But one can never be too careful."

She picked up a rock and hurled it at the propeller of one of the two Heroes above.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Incoming

He nodded at her. "Sounds like a plan. Not much else we can do. Look, here's the plan: I'll go in first and distract Stormer, and-"

A rock hit his blade, ricocheted, and struck him right in the face. "Ow! Why?"

A quick look around allowed him to see a veteran Hero gesturing at him to come down. He smiled to Scarlet. "You go on ahead with that big Hero there. I'll take care of what cranky pants wants, and then I'll see you after, okay?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Ruins.

"So you're saying this guy is just some kind of titan-sized toddler?" She took a moment to process that revelation, "They'll let anyone become a villain these days..." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I'm not always so friendly," Traferous said with a grin. "I'm playing along because I need a ride, and I need to visit my dear friends who have suffered so much for me. But if I don't get what I want, things could get ugly, and people could get killed. I'm sure you don't want anything like that at all." 

GM IC THE TRADE FEDERATION

The next message from the Trade Federation was some text. "Now are you taking us seriously?"

IC Wolfe - Tower Ruins:

Normally he would have told his comrades to knock it off, but Wolfe was not in the mood this time. He started to say something, but was interrupted by Quark pelting another Hero with a rock. This caused Wolfe to initiate the slowest of facepalms, which he maintained while Traferous spoke. "Oh ho!" he responded as he glanced up, "So after all of that, you have the audacity to threaten us? You're stupider than I thought..."

Turning away with a scoff, he hailed the Mission Control Deck. "Do you guys have anything for us? Any dirt on him, or a location to drop him...?"

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Dorothy Quark - Has Heard This A Thousand Times From A Thousand Villains

She put her fists up to her eyes and rotated them in an exaggerated crying gesture, with a mocking pout at Traferous. "Aww. If only I hadn't heard that one before. And slipping in a murder threat against a Hero doesn't make you original nor interesting, either; it just adds to your arrest warrant."

She rolled her eyes with a frown and scooped up another pebble. "Your friends can visit you in prison. And as for the ride, it'll be the last one you'll have for a very long time."

She threw it at the Hero's blades again, and this time it ricocheted towards Traferous.

OOC: This may not be likely to happen, but I have discovered a new method of being a nuisance and have become Mad With Power. It's easy enough to edit out if there's an issue.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Rude

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" he shouted down at the veteran huffily.

• Upvote 1

IC: Var ViciouAndrea Plume
"What, you seriously expect me to just let this puny droid arrest me?!" Var protested.

Andrea shook her head, exasperated. "I don't care who this Villain is, Gorn, she can't just walk away after what she's done. Now either help me arrest her, or stand aside!" Andrea unfolded her wings, her wide metallic wingspan creating an impressive silhouette as she stood there with her two javelins in each hand. 

Var frowned, lightning crackling in her free hand.

IC: Jonathan Splint - Frozen in time Finding Ruby

Splint found himself standing in front of a pile of rubble, which Ruby's coordinates were inside. This was expected given the circumstances, but it still complicated things. 

He'd just started to move a crushed metal beam when he heard the sound of massive engines firing up. Glancing up revealed that a large portion of the wrecked spacecraft was very much on fire and starting to move. He immediately hit the ground. If there wasn't any unexploded ordnance left aboard the ship, there was still plenty in the ruins of the Factory that could be set off.

Thankfully, that didn't happen, and the resulting explosion was far smaller than he'd anticipated. The medic leapt back to his feet, then answered Ruby's question. "A wrecked ship caught fire and blew up; it wasn't close enough to affect us too much. I've arrived at your coordinates."

~Unit#phntk#1

IC: Ruby

"That's good.  I hope no one was hurt.  How soon do you think you can get me out?"

IC: Shade - Control Room

Luck was on Shade's side when he found an empty terminal belonging to one of the higher-up bots. Everyone was watching a tape play on a large screen when he had sneaked in and they were conversing (presumably over the contents of the message) now as he continued to search for the door codes to Mr. Makuro's quarters.

OOC: I'll leave it up to Fishers as to whether or not Shade actually finds the codes. I don't feel comfortable having him find them myself.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

Gorn turned to Var.

"Not really. Nobody ever goes quietly these days."

He then turned to Plume, unimpressed by her apparent attempt at intimidation.

"I was proposing that we return her to those allies, but considering she attacked you..."

He turned back to Var.

"I would think that the terms of our alliance would include not attacking those on your ally's side. I'm afraid you're under arrest."

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Alex Drift - Astral

Drift carried 78 onto the Astral and began searching out the medbay. Once he'd found it, he lumbered in and plopped the villain onto a bed. The medics looked distracted with something else, so he just told her, "Wait here, they'll patch you up once they're done with that guy," and left to get himself recharged.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Watching Quark Throw Rocks At Traferous

"If you don't mind, I'd like to come along as well," he said to Quark as she mocked Traferous. "I need to see this through to the end."

IC: Marrow - Quaza Storehouse

Marrow popped the last bite of emergency Quaza into its mouth and leaned back against the wall.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC TRAFEROUS

He sighed and walked away, leaving the hero's rock to hit the ground behind him. "I guess it will be as you demand," he said slowly, gesturing with his hands toward the exit. 

GM NPC VON NEBULA

Von Nebula appeared in front of Traferous, between him and Wolfe/Quark. Traferous' eyes widened. 

"I am here to tell you that your pathetic faction of worthless goody-two-shoes civilians has sold you out," the ghost said. "They sent over a tape that reveals that you set out to destroy Hero Factory for fun. So you might as well start acting like the villain you truly are." 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous did his best to look incredulous. "Stop making up stuff, Von. Even if they DID send over the tape, there wouldn't be anything interesting on it." 

Inside, Traferous wasn't surprised. He had been expecting this - that was why he had hired those people in the first place, for their high moral character. But why did it take them this long to send the tape to the Hero Factory? Were they waiting for him to win the battle so they wouldn't have to send it? He shuddered at the thought. Or was something worse going on? 

He shook his head, holding eye contact with the ghost. "If you want to be useful, find 78, Fravi, and Dr. Lie, and tell them to stay on the ship. They will be safe there." He forced himself to look grave, but the headshake before that sentence was not the casual gesture it appeared to be. What he really was trying to say was get off that ship as soon as you can. You're not safe there at all. 

----------------------------------

OOC: Yes, Quark will see him shudder, though she won't know why...

Edited by fishers64

IC: Dorothy Quark - Technically Not Throwing Rocks At Traferous

She narrowed her eyes at Traferous, but said nothing. She turned to Von Nebula. "Awfully nice of you, Von. Didn't know you were in the supernatural courier business."

At Bliss' words, she did a quick head count. "Might be a bit of a squeeze, but you may come along. The more weapons we can have pointed at him, the better. Those cuffs don't do anything for him."

She gestured off in the general direction of her ship with her blaster, stepping out of the wreckage. "Once Wolfe gets a response and those flying Heroes get down here- taking their sweet time, aren't they?- we'll head for my ship."

GM IC 78 EAST

"Hey, doc, what's up?"

GM IC DR. LIE

"Some ship hull and cute female robot face. You?"

GM IC 78 EAST

78 sighed. "Waiting in line." 

GM NPC ZIB (TALKING TO WOLFE)

"I have a live video of him talking about destroying the Hero Factory as if it were a Makuhero city fireworks show," Zib said. "Apparently he thought it would be fun."

Edited by fishers64

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Confused.

"I... uh... is everyone else seeing this?" She regarded the wraith-like form of Von Nebula quizzically, "How do we arrest a ghost?" 

IC: Shade - Control Room

Luck was on Shade's side when he found an empty terminal belonging to one of the higher-up bots. Everyone was watching a tape play on a large screen when he had sneaked in and they were conversing (presumably over the contents of the message) now as he continued to search for the door codes to Mr. Makuro's quarters.

OOC: I'll leave it up to Fishers as to whether or not Shade actually finds the codes. I don't feel comfortable having him find them myself.

OOC: Sorry that I didn't address this sooner. This is going to sound bad, but...

GM IC SHADE

Shade wouldn't be able to find any door access codes for Mr. Makuro's quarters - at least, not ones for the ship. Mr. Makuro had no quarters aboard the Astral - it wasn't designed with him in mind, it was designed as a command base for Alpha team. 

IC: Mona Selphi and Ken Render - Astral Medbay

At the 'cute robot face' comment, Selphi gave the robot villain the ol' double pistols and a wink. Render returned with supplies. "Will this do?"

"Mm-hm. Set them down over here and start tearing up the sheets into strips."

"Yes'm."

~

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - Smouldering Wreck

She turned slightly to Weaver. "We could try not believing in him, though most people did that the day he turned tail and ran from a mission."

Gyro and Scarlet touched down, and Quark gestured to Traferous. "Would you two be so kind as to assist us in taking this villain to lockup?"

"Sure," said Gyro. He glanced at Scarlet. "But my friend here, she went through a lot of stuff today- was almost completely drained twice, even! If she's not feeling up to it, can she go back to the ship?"

"It's been a long day for everyone," said Quark. "I would not blame her."

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Almost Sympathetic. 

She turned to Von Nebula, trying to stop herself from laughing. "I've got some ice for that burn, if you need it." 

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

Gorn didn't believe Var's claim, but he still wanted to make sure.

"We'll see. Each hero has a camera built into their helmet. Anything we witness is recorded, with one reason for that being to avoid situations like this. Come with us, and we'll review the footage from Plume's helmet. We'll see who's telling the truth. If you're innocent, you have nothing to fear."

IC: Jason Ferro- Worst day ever

Locating a charging station, Ferro hooked himself up to it, allowing the device to begin replenishing his energy over the course of a few minutes.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Saracen Rune - The Astral.

Slumping down beside a recharging station while repair nanites got to work on his legs and other injuries, Saracen pulled up a data tablet and started to comb through medical databases. There was something about the way Traferous was acting that reminded him of a few villains he'd crossed paths with in the past. From what he could recall, many of them had been diagnosed with serious mental issues, and he wondered if the same was perhaps true of Traferous... 

Edited by Shadow Nato

GM NPC NEX

"Maybe," Nex messaged back, starting to sort through the rest of the files, including the phone call audio. "Why would they send it to us?"

GM NPC STRINGER

"The Transportation Federation aren't a group of villains," Stringer said. "Even if their leader is a bad apple, they aren't in the business of giving information to villains." 

GM NPC STORMER

"But can we trust them now?" Stormer said. "They harbored Traferous all this time. They never launched an investigation into what he did. This definitely seems like a distraction to throw us off. They don't want to be labeled a villainous organization, so they out him now to save face."

GM IC ??? - VALOS SYSTEM

Grinning precipitously, the villain walked out of his glass-paneled atrium overlooking an underground lake. His home was completely underground, of course, hidden from sight, but there was a large hole in the underground over part of the lake in front of his house, and he liked to see the few hours of sunlight that visited him each day. One of his small pleasures in life. But today, he would have a better one. 

Near the bottom of the house, he walked out of an elevator onto a hangar deck. Two ships waited for him, both of which could be operated remotely from the other. 

For years, he had lived in hiding, at best watching the news and occasionally making a phone call or two. In a galaxy where being different was a target on your back, it was best to stay away from the public view. But he knew an easy target when he saw one, and the Transportation Federation was an easy target. No one would come to their aid now. No one could come to their aid, even if they would

It was time for his revenge. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Just a heads up that I'm going to be gone from tomorrow, technically today actually, till next Sunday. Feel free to bunny Night Stalker in case anyone wants to hurry up and repair him (hint hint) and Unit feel free to bunny Ruby. Her legs are crushed badly and she isnt buried very deep. That's really all you need know about her situation at the moment.

IC: Saracen Rune - On a Voyage of Discovery. 

Ah, there you are... He opened up the psychologist's report. Antisocial Personality Disorder, it was called, a form of psychosis commonly associated with misfits and lawbreakers. Symptoms included...

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or for sheer personal pleasure
  • Intense egocentrism, sense of superiority and exhibitionism
  • Recurring difficulties with the law
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others by the use of intimidation, dishonesty and misrepresentation
  • Child abuse or neglect
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, impulsiveness, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behaviors
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Irresponsible work behavior
  • Failure to learn from the negative consequences of behavior

The more he read, the more he laughed. It was easier trying to figure out which ones didn't apply to Traferous... 

• Upvote 2

GM NPC VON NEBULA

Von Nebula ignored both of the Heroes' comments, cloaking himself and disappearing. Traferous is going to blow up that ship in revenge for his own being destroyed, Von Nebula thought. Good move. 

The problem would be the timing. 78 and the doctor were in the medical bay, but the ghost would have to bust Fravi out of her cell in order for her to get off the ship.  

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous resumed walking, gesturing that the Heroes should follow him with his cuffed hands. He was feeling impatient. He had three ideas. One was to just walk onto the large ship anyway and get his friends, and the four of them find a way to stay with the heroes and not get put on a prison planetoid. If that worked, that would be the best solution, but he doubted that the Heroes would let him get away with it. As it was, that plan sucked. 

He could just destroy the ship himself, of course - or Quark's ship, and kill all of the Heroes on board. Or he could get his own cargo ship and smash it into the Astral. Or he could just leave. 

But the best plan was him getting on the cargo ship and getting his buddies on it, too. That way they could go back to the Trade Federation in time, and lead the Heroes there. In any event, they needed to get off the ship. 

The trick was stopping the Heroes from ganging up on him in the interim and causing another time-and-energy wasting battle. 

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Quark Qruiser

Quiver was still curled up in her chair, her thoughts having finally settled and now just resting and contemplating, was startled out of her thinking when something- or someone- banged on the hatch. She sunk down in her seat. Quark had the keys, so that couldn't be her. Who...?

She yelped as Thumper's cheery face appeared in the window. Thumper waved. "Hi, Mara! Sorry I startled you! Quark sent me to take you to the bigger ship."

"E-Ellie," Mara smiled a little. She scrambled out the hatch, rifle under her arm, and locked it behind her. When she turned around, Thumper was standing closely behind her.

"Quark said you probably won't want to look that way," said Thumper, nodding over her shoulder in the direction of the ruins. "So I'm hiding it!"

"Th-Thanks, b-but it's okay. I'm feeling m-much better now."

Despite this, she still stuck close to Thumper as they walked towards the Astral, and she tried not to look toward the wreck of the only home she'd known.

~

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - With Traferous and Friends

Quark didn't much care for Traferous trying to take over where they were headed, but since she was already walking in that direction, she supposed she could ignore it. She had her reservations about taking him on board, but she figured that it was the best course of action. If he saw to it to try and attack them on the ship, he'd only see to his own downfall- either he'd attack the Heroes, which would be, in her opinion, very stupid, since most of them would have weapons trained on him, and even if he somehow managed to dodge a large amount of weapons firing directly at him, she'd be able to lock him out of the controls of the ship. He'd be stuck on a drifting ship with no access to communications or steering with a bunch of murders tacked on his record.

Alternatively, he could attack the ship itself, which would be even more foolish- he might kill the other Heroes that weren't modified for space, but he'd also be likely to kill himself. She didn't particularly want any of the Heroes here to die, so she was hoping the villain wasn't feeling suicidal.

She opened her arm-mounted device and typed a message for the Astral.

'Von Nebula approached the villain and is headed to 'check on' prisoners on ship. Villain asked him to tell cohorts to stay on ship. Don't like the look of this. Stay alert. Quark.'

Gyro followed after them, setting his blades against his back.

OOC: I'm surprised that Traferous is getting so cocky, since a previous IC mentioned he was one laser blast from being locked in one form or something. And he has a whole lot of lasers trained on him right now. I also get the feeling attempting to attack the Heroes or blowing up the ship with himself on it is also a pretty terrible idea.

OOC: I'm surprised that Traferous is getting so cocky, since a previous IC mentioned he was one laser blast from being locked in one form or something. And he has a whole lot of lasers trained on him right now. I also get the feeling attempting to attack the Heroes or blowing up the ship with himself on it is also a pretty terrible idea.

OOC: That was before he absorbed the ship's quaza battery and the force of his ship exploding into his system. 

GM IC MECHNA/VALOS SYSTEM

The portal sucked Mechna into it. 

Below, on Mechna, the characters would notice a change in stars and a stiff breeze. 

GM NPC SURGE

"Hey guys, I hate to break up the party and all, but I've got a portal headed for Valos IV, a planet with innocent civilians on it, and growing stronger by the second...

OOC: *Sigh* So much for this...

Also, despite this, this battle is, in fact, over, and you've won, guys. Congratulations. 

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Wary.

She trailed along behind the others, breaking away for a moment to approach the lake shore and refill her bandoleers. Once done, she turned to catch up with the rest of the group. 

OOC: Okay, fair enough. But I'm not sure what you want out of us here, and it's getting a little frustrating. I think the main issue is, the only way to defeat Traferous is to kill him, and Heroes aren't meant to be killers. I'm getting the feeling you're trying to nudge the situation towards Traferous escaping, I guess for a plot reason, but it's a situation where we really can't let him wander off because, again, they're Heroes. This whole fight has been a little frustrating in that regard- you gave us a fourth mission we could do legitimately nothing about, because we have this unstoppable- before anyone says anything, yes, I know he can be killed, but in this instance all we can do is attempt to arrest him every time he shrugs off things that would stop pretty much any other villain in their tracks- villain running around, breaking out other villains when we capture them, and shrugging off whatever we throw at him.

Yes, he's meant to be OP. But he's about to be placed in a ship with a big group of Heroes with weapons pointed directly at him, and he's apparently legitimately able to kill all of them and get out unscathed. That, I would imagine, is beyond what most people would deem agreeably OP for a GM character, and on top of that no one can do anything about him just shrugging his shoulders, laughing, and undoing everything that took so long to do, and what had to be done in an attempt to get to the next mission in time to deal with the impending threat, just to have the whole cycle begin again.

I don't mean to sound harsh or rude or anything, and I like Traferous as a character. It's just, in a scenario where we cannot do anything about him without immensely breaking character and yet have to keep going so we don't also break character, it's getting really, really frustrating to have this big deal in the background we really, really need to fix up and this villain wandering around kicking over whatever we managed to get done in the meantime with absolutely no consequences, or no way to inflict consequences.

EDIT: Addendum because I think this sounds way, way too harsh. I'm not asking for Traferous to be retconned, or to break character. I'm just feeling like we've formed this endless cycle here, and I'd like to know what we can really do about it without breaking character.

• Upvote 1

OOC: The solution I thought of is simple: get the Astral out of there, and leave the situation in the hands of Quark. Traferous either leaves via his own ship(s), headed to the Transportation Federation, or Quark and Co. destroys the cargo ships as well, leaving Traferous with no choice but to go with them. The Astral can go to Mechna, and we can start the mission #4 properly. 

GM NPC STORMER

"How bad is that?" Stormer said. 

GM NPC SURGE

"The portal is getting bigger. It will get to Makuhero city in 24 hours, and who knows what is on the other side."

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer picked up the comms. "Quark, can I leave you here to deal with Mr. Entitled and Crazy? Right now we have a giant portal to deal with, and I figure you can deal with this." 

OOC: Works for me! Man, I thought we'd have to do another round of fighting for a second there. <:v

Also I have two questions: is Furno going to have to stay here with his New Best Friend Flood, and also did Breez go back to the Astral off-screen?

IC: Dorothy Quark - Heading For Quark Qruiser

"That sounds fine. I have two Heroes headed for your ship right now- I've given them orders to shower off and recharge. We had a few run-ins with bleeding organics. They should be there very shortly, so you should not have to wait long. Oh, and a destination for the villain might be nice, too."

~

IC: Mara Quiver and Eloise Thumper - The Astral

Quiver knocked timidly on the door. When that didn't get a response from how soft the noise was, Thumper tried, to much greater success sound-wise.

OOC: The solution I thought of is simple: get the Astral out of there, and leave the situation in the hands of Quark. Traferous either leaves via his own ship(s), headed to the Transportation Federation, or Quark and Co. destroys the cargo ships as well, leaving Traferous with no choice but to go with them. The Astral can go to Mechna, and we can start the mission #4 properly. 

OOC: None of that changes the fact that there's an ultra-powerful, ridiculously-OP, practically-unbeatable supervillain hanging around who can escape literally any time you feel like it, and there's pretty much nothing we can do to stop him without metagaming, breaking character, or pulling some other sort of unfair nonsense. 

It's kind of frustrating knowing that no matter what we try to do in regards to Traferous, we basically can't win. 

• Upvote 4

OOC: None of that changes the fact that there's an ultra-powerful, ridiculously-OP, practically-unbeatable supervillain hanging around who can escape literally any time you feel like it, and there's pretty much nothing we can do to stop him without metagaming, breaking character, or pulling some other sort of unfair nonsense. 

It's kind of frustrating knowing that no matter what we try to do in regards to Traferous, we basically can't win. 

OOC: When I said that battle was over, I meant it. Traferous is out of the game from now on, because he has no reason to affect anything. 

The next few ICs will merely decide whether he gets stuck on a prison planet with no way off, killed in space, or whether he goes an offscreen (unless Quark's group gets involved with it) battle between the conspiracy and the federation. 

The latter doesn't affect much either, because the federation is a civilian organization with Traferous as the notable exception, and he's the only one that can stop the federation infrastructure from being destroyed. However, if he gets in the middle of a battle with them, it will probably get destroyed anyway. If Quark is in the middle of it I may just use a conspiracy attack to kill him off to avoid another cycle, or I may had have him flee, but if he does, he's not coming back. He has nothing left to fight for, except for his own hide.