fishers64

IC: Shade - Astral Corridors

With the newly attained passcodes, Shade made his way back to the janitor's closet. Once there, he uncloaked and undampened, then proceeded to collect his "belongings" and began to carry them to his self-willed designation for storing them.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Timothy Gyro and Dorothy Quark - Space Mum Activates

Gyro didn't say anything, but he did wince a little, hoping Quark didn't see. Unfortunately, since Quark had turned to speak with Traferous, not only did she see Scarlet's actions, Scarlet would also be able to see the outright fury flare up in her optics. Quark approached in a strict march, a cold glare in her expression.

"Wolfe, get the villain on board," she said, without looking away. To Scarlet, she said in a dangerously low voice, "Tell me, in what chapter of the Hero Handbook does it ever, ever say it's all right to take pot shots at a villain in custody? What training regimen led you to believe that shooting people- even villains- when not in a situation that calls for it is perfectly fine? We are Heroes. We are not here to hurt villains, no matter what they've done to wrong us or the general populace. I wondered, when you approached me earlier, why you still wore rookie armour. I feel I'm beginning to understand why."

She pointed inside the ship. "Inside. Up the front. Away from the villain. If you can't be trusted around villains, you won't be put in a position to guard them."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Striker:

"Villain? What, this makuro look-a-like guy? You're kidding right? And excuuuuuse me for not trying to punch through the planet that suddenly appeard when I showed up! All I had was a Hero Pod and a gun! Not exactly excavation equipment!"

IC Kat:

I rounded on the both of them, fire equally lit in my eyes, "I will not just stand here and let this...... scum insult us like this! He was there on Tranquis, and we trusted him! We let him go! and he blew up our home! How can either of you just sit there and be so calm?!"

"No."

I raised my hand at Traferous.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't vaporise his entire existance....."

Streams of angry tear flowed down my face.

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

Quark's stare gained elements of disappointment. She said, "Because you're a Hero. If you think this is the way to act in this situation, then I'm afraid I don't think you have what it takes for this job. Being a Hero is not about pounding enemies into the dust, or hurting people who hurt you. We do good, in a universe where there is not enough good left. Yes, this villain did horrible, horrible things- but killing him does not change that. It makes you a murderer, like him, to destroy him when he is not trying to destroy you. Killing is always, always, a last resort, life-or-death decision. It's not something you do whenever you please. That's one of the things that sets us apart from the villains."

She glanced to Traferous. "If you must, take your shot. I'll arrest you with what's left of him, and you can join your fellow criminals in prison. Or, you can get on the ship, and keep your dignity as a Hero. Your choice."

Gyro struggled out of his seatbelt and walked towards them. "Kat, you don't want this! This guy sucks big time, but dang, don't ruin yourself over him! Screw that guy! You're a Hero, you're better than this jerk!"

He tried a smile. "C'mon, Kat. Get on the ship. We drop him off, we never see his dumb face again. He lives out his days in a dank old cell on so many life sentences the suns'll all explode before he gets out."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Ship.

She just sat there quietly, waiting to see what would happen. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

My hand wavered, filled with glowing energy, enough power to wipe this pathetic piece of trash from the face of the world forever.

But they were right. I'd be no better than him.

It didn't make it right.

I grit my teeth, and with a scream of rage......

Turned my arm away from him, and let the shot go, reducing a sizable ornamental fountain to nothing but slag.

i looked back at him, his face one of relief, perhaps. 

I scowled, and decked him in the face as hard as I could without using my jets.

"That was for my home, and all the people you killed." I spat.

With an almost deflated air, I walked into the ship and sat in the cabin, silently strapped in, and stared blankly out the front viewscreen.

IC Wolfe - Ship:

Wolfe had to refrain from firing off another rebuke at Kat. Instead, he turned to Traferous and spoke in a low voice. "I'm not going to apologize for her behavior, because you literally asked for it," he said flatly. "Regardless, I have just one question: Why do you want to go to Mechron?"

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Titanos Forticus
Titanos sat there, pondering on how he would live life now that he was several sizes smaller than his former self. First, of course, he'd need to get a paint-job. Not that he disliked Thumper's colour scheme or anything, but it wasn't really right for him. Then after that, with the factory destroyed... who knew? The future felt more uncertain to Titanos than it ever had.

Titanos looked up from his pondering, his eyes meeting with a familiar face. "Mara?"

IC: Necrissia & Frank Stone
"-And so he said 'What do you mean the foot is missing? I thought we brought you the whole body?' And in response to that, I said 'Well clearly, you were a foot short of the whole package!'" Frank snickered at his own attempt at a joke, while Necrissia stirred her tea uninterested. Finally, her patience wore off. "Frank, dear, I know you like to come here from time to time, and really, I appreciate the parts you bring, but it would be appreciated if you could-"

Necrissia was interrupted as an alarm went off. Someone was in the neighbourhood. Bringing a finger up to her hidden lips as to silence Frank, she stood up and went over to her console. There, she pressed a few buttons, and the screen flickered on, revealing a picture of the abandoned district above.

On the surface, Focus and Blink would see a periscope (not all too dissimilar from the ones on submarines) rise from the ground, its seeing end turned away from the two.

IC: Andrea PlumeVar Vicious
"Look, that whole footage thing will have to wait until later. Let's just bring her into custody and when we're on the Astral, we'll look over the footage, alright?" Andrea knew that if Gorn saw that footage, he might take Var's side over hers, and be inclined to let her go. After all, Var was right. She technically hadn't attacked any heroes, rather only defended herself against attacks from them. Truly, the only real crime she had committed was attacking a suspect in custody, and even that might be excused by Gorn as a reasonable act due to the danger said suspect had posed.

But did that mean she had to let this obviously dangerous villain go free? No! If she could just delay showing Gorn the footage long enough that other more agreeing parties became involved, she wouldn't have to worry about it.

"I will NOT be brought in on a LIE!" Var angrily yelled in response. She stood her ground. She wasn't going anywhere with that deceitful droid, least of all in handcuffs. Her sword was still active in her hand, but pointed down at the ground.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

He followed after Scarlet and slumped on the back of her seat, resting his chin on her head with his arms draped over her lazily. He said, "You really hit that dork good, Kat."

He paused before adding, "Just so you know, whatever you decided to do, I would've stuck with you. You're like my goofy little sister, and nothing's gonna change that. But I'm glad you did what you did, anyway, because you don't deserve to ruin everything you've got goin' here for some mook with attitude problems. It took guts to put your blaster down, and from all I've learned here in Hero Factory, you gotta have guts to be a Hero."

~

IC: Mara Quiver - The Astral

Quiver froze. She knew that voice. She approached the being cautiously, slowly, quietly. "T-Titanos? I th-thought you were d-dead..."

Her air cycles hitched in a sob. "I th-th-thought y-you were d-d-d-dead..."

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

"The footage thing" will take a whole five seconds. We simply go into The Astral, see who's telling the truth, and deal with whoever's lying."

Gorn turned to Var, who was becoming increasingly nervous.

"You won't be. If the footage shows that you're telling the truth, then you'll be released immediately."

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Quark Qruiser

The veteran gave a small nod to Scarlett. "You did the right thing"

IC: Marrow - Father Mother

Marrow built a nest around its new creepy bio-mechanical egg out of scrap metal, bits of concrete, and a feather that was laying around. After pushing a block of rubble in front of the hole it had made in the Quaza Storehouse wall to ensure nobody found the egg, it went off in search of moore foood...

IC: Cobra Shard and Alex Drift - Astral

Shard had been listening in on the conversation on the bridge after recharging and decided to strap in for the upcoming flight.

Drift had poked about in the medbay for a bit, but everyone seemed to be okay or getting there, so he began looking for a place to rest.

IC: Blink - Mechna Ghost Town

Blink jumped and grabbed Core's arm. "Look!" she whispered, pointing.

5448172509_85b752ddba.jpg

• Upvote 4

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"She's an organic. The cuffs can't drain her. Besides, what's the worst she could do? The ship is full of heroes. If she tries anything, she'll be turned into paste within ten seconds."

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Andrea Plume & Var Vicious

Var glared at Andrea. Andrea hesitated. She really didn't have anything left to use against this villain. The best she could hope for was that Gorn would see reason and agree that attacking a suspect in custody was still serious enough to warrant an arrest, but she didn't feel the odds were much in favour of that outcome. "... Alright, let's go. But I'm keeping my eyes on her."

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Quark Cruiser.

"You mean like all of our friends who you vaporised when you blew up our home?" she asked quietly, not looking in the villain's direction, "You took everything from us... isn't it justice that the same happen to you...?"

But even as she said the words, it was clear her heart wasn't in it. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC--Sampson Bass--Outside the Dropship

Sampson frowned as the door slid closed behind him. He kept hearing glimpses of something, as if there were someone creeping toward him--but whatever it was, he couldn't seem to get a definite enough fix on it to tell for sure whether it was even there. He would have felt a lot better about having walked into a possible ambush if backup had been an option...

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Dropship

A loud jangling noise broke the silence, and Artemus sighed. He had thought the prisoner had gotten tired of that a few hours ago, but apparently the goon's interest had picked back up. "The cuffs aren't coming off, Demoman," he yelled toward the back of the ship, "so you can cut it out."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

GM IC MARROW

Marrow was surrounded by potential food sources. There were a bunch of Heroes around, obviously. There was also a large quaza battery in a big hulk of metal some feet away, but it was underwater. That might not be too good. 

--------------------------------------------

OOC: That's Traferous' ship's battery for the Assembly tower; he wouldn't risk running it off the main battery, too much of a drain. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"It will happen," he said to Weaver. "That fleet is too much for even me to fight. I will die. But going there, dying, maybe saving a few lives, is better than going to jail and having to live with the fact that I didn't even try." 

IC: Mara Quiver - The Astral

Quiver instead hugged her friend, so immensely relieved and delighted that Titanos was here. She hoped he was alive, of course, but she knew how hard it was for him to move around the Hero Factory quickly with how large he was, and-

She paused. In the surprise and relief in seeing him alive, it hadn't even occurred to her. She said, "Y-You're smaller n-now!"

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

Her scowl deepened at the villain. "That's the sort of thing you think about before flying a big ship bristling with weaponry over the Hero Factory. Most people don't want to go to jail. The idea is you avoid that by not committing felonies."

GM IC ARSENAL (MECHNA)

Arsenal would find his attempts to remove his tracking chip to be successful...albeit painful...and he would suffer damage to his wrist as a result - i.e. a hole in his armor, and damage to the wiring that the chip had been wired into. He would need to splice those wires to use that wrist again.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC: Crowley - Sneaky.

He stopped, trying to make out what was going on without stepping out into the open. He could see one hero outside the ship, while another seemed to be talking to someone else on board. He wasn't sure about his chances of taking on three opponents. 

Perhaps it would be better to remain where he was for now, and wait for the heroes to wander off before he made his move...

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous smiled at Quark. I already know your opinion. He was rapidly understanding this situation. None of the Heroes would fire at him as long as he stood here because of what Quark said, and Quark was cruel enough to let everyone burn over what he did. Some leader. Some hero.

He began shifting his back below its surface, causing it to ripple a little. He was waiting for Wolfe's last response, whether he would accede to Quark's points or not. 

IC: Dorothy Quark - The Cruellest

She checked her system clock impatiently. "Besides, if you really, truly care about innocent lives despite having just ended hundreds of them without even a note of remorse, why are you dilly-dallying out here instead of getting on the ship? We are not idiots. None of us have any reason to trust or believe you when you say you want to leave and inexplicably go help as if you had a change of heart. One of the fastest I've seen, I'll grant you, since I could swear you were threatening I and my fellow Heroes with death just earlier, but it's still a song and dance I've heard many times before. We have every reason not to trust you, and no reason to assume you will save lives- rather, you seem more likely and willing to end them. If you truly want to help, go in the ship quietly and don't make this any harder on us. The faster we lock you away, the faster we can help the others in saving people."

OOC: Sorry for cutting off Wolfe, by the way. I apparently missed some of Traferous' ICs and also I kinda find Traferous' weird worldview kinda fun to talk through with him. When Wolfe stops by and adds his piece, I'll back off.

IC Kat:

I don't know what we are anymore, Tim..... That guy..... he was there on Tranquis, and..... he tied to help us, sort of..... but wouldn't let us take him in. We trusted him, at least at the time...... I let him go, Tim..... And now our Home is gone because of it....."

I slumped over in my seat.

"All those people....... dead because of me........"

IC Kaiba Blader:

His repairs completed, The proto hero sat up from the bed. A bed. Such soft care was unusual to him. He checked the storage slot built into his armor. The memory chip was still there. He let out a small sigh of relief. He didn't know what he'd have done had he lost it, or worse, had it been taken from him. The slot closed, and The warrior stood from the bed, and looked around for his weapons.

IC: Shade - Outside Nex's Room

Shade stood in front of Nex's quarters as he plugged in the access codes he'd memorized off the MC terminal. As the door opened, he stood to the side, with the mattresses leaning against the wall next to him, and peeked around the doorpost to take stock of who (or what) might be in there.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

GM IC ARSENAL (MECHNA)

Arsenal would be able to dispose of the dead body successfully, but he might notice some flames licking towards the sky from a few blocks away.

OOC: The question wasn't whether he could dispose of the body or not, it was if he could successfully remove the tracking chip the factory implanted.

"Alright then."

Gorn began walking back to the Astral, while still keeping an eye on Var. He may have been giving her a chance to prove her innocence, but that didn't mean he trusted her.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

"Hey, were you shooting giant death lasers at the Hero Factory? No. Did you decide to come here and kill people? Course not. That guy, he's the one to blame for this. Not you. I know you, Kat, and I know that in your usual frame of mind, you woulda done what any Hero would do. A dude helps you on another planet, you ain't gonna know he's plottin' evil stuff. You ain't a mind reader." He patted her head with the flat of his blade for emphasis.

IC Wolfe - Outside Ship:

The grip Wolfe had on his bow tightened as the others spoke, but he held Traferous's gaze. He raised his voice for everyone to hear, hating every bit of what he was about to tell them. "We're taking him to Mechron," he declared. "You've all seen what he can do. He's going to escape us either way... So I offer a truce: Traferous will accompany us peacefully, and we will forgo the paddy wagon routine."

Wolfe grit his teeth. "I will allow him to fight this little war of his," he continued, "And I will take full responsibility for anything that happens."

He gestured for Traferous to get onboard.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Saracen Rune - Astral Bridge.

He suddenly got a really bad feeling, although he wasn't sure why...

IC: Dorothy Quark - Wat

Quark pulled the most unbelieving expression she could communicate on her facial plates.

"Wolfe, out of respect and friendship, I am only barely holding myself back from smacking you upside the head. We have him handled. If he tries anything, he'll find himself careening through the cold harshness of outer space or with a great many more holes in him. He is a murderer. He killed hundreds. If we let him free, it is much, much more likely he will go on to kill hundreds more. We have no evidence that he will even help anyone in Mechna, besides the empty promises of a mass murderer. I am not delivering a mass murderer to another planet an letting him run wild."

"Quark's right," she finally spoke up, getting up out of her chair, "This guy stomped over all of Hero Factory and survived the explosion of his own ship without him or any of his people getting killed. And we don't even know how many we lost..."

She glanced briefly at Traferous before continuing, unwilling to meet the mass murderer's gaze, "Despite what he says, I seriously doubt he's in any danger of getting killed if we were to let him go participate in this fight. All we'd be doing is taking him directly to his home base, giving him exactly what he wants, and increasing the chances of him escaping. It's not worth the risk. We've got nothing to gain, and everything to lose." 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous looked at the three way confrontation, shook his head, and ran for his own cargo ship. He shifted out a laser and hit the remains of chain on the back of it. 

If Wolfe looked at Traferous' back, he would see a thin layer of the rock that he had turned into before, split into three pieces - two trapozoids over the back of his shoulders, and a triangle in the middle. The reason for that was trying to avoid him being exploded to pieces by the veteran should he decide to fire, although given the situation he might not. 

GM IC ARSENAL (MECHNA)

Arsenal would be able to dispose of the dead body successfully, but he might notice some flames licking towards the sky from a few blocks away.

OOC: The question wasn't whether he could dispose of the body or not, it was if he could successfully remove the tracking chip the factory implanted.

GM IC ARSENAL (MECHNA)

Arsenal would find his attempts to remove his tracking chip to be successful...albeit painful...and he would suffer damage to his wrist as a result - i.e. a hole in his armor, and damage to the wiring that the chip had been wired into. He would need to splice those wires to use that wrist again.

OOC: Edited to correct GM stupidity.

GM IC SHADE

There wasn't anyone in the room. Nex was on the bridge, and it wasn't like he was handing out the codes to his personal quarters to a robotic servant legion that didn't exist. Given that it was Nex's room, there was a console and some triage kits in there, as well as a place to rest. 

Edited by fishers64

IC Wolfe - Outside Ship:

He loosed a deep sigh. It was clear that no one was going to agree with him, and he hadn't expected them to. Their determination to put this monster away was admirable. Were it any ordinary villain, he would have hopped aboard the ship already and made a beeline for the nearest prison. Trouble was, Traferous was no ordinary villain, and had to be treated as such. "Look, I understa--" he started to say before Traferous took off. 

Something in Wolfe clicked just then. Perhaps if he hadn't delayed them further with his talk of truces they would already be on their way. Or perhaps the villain would be doing the same regardless. He would probably never know. His bow was drawn and he wasn't even entirely conscious of it. His final explosive arrow was nocked, aimed, and sent flying right for Traferous's head...

There was no going back now.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

She say Traferous running, saw where he seemed to be running to, knew she wouldn't be able to stop him. But, perhaps... perhaps she knew someone who could... "Jade, you still up there?!" she opened up her comms, hoping the gunship she'd seen earlier was still in the air, "We've got a villain making a run for a cargo ship near my coordinates! Anything you can do about that?"