fishers64

Ummm, can I plese get an update… since 3 months ago? :P

3 months? Uh... I can give you a very rough summary from Mission 3? I can't remember exactly what was happening 3 months ago.

So, after the events of Mission 2 (where we messed up badly), a bunch of big ships rolled up and started shooting at the Hero Factory. One belonged to a guy called Traferous, the magic shapeshifter from Mission 1. Turns out he's a huge jerk, rolled up with a big death laser ship and said "go bananas" to a bunch of other villains on board. They did.

Another belonged to Brain Master and his little pony. He teleported a bunch of lava minions (yeah idk either) into the Hero Factory and then buggered off.

Another was a ship belonging to the Creator, who walked in, talked to Makuro, and left.

The Hero Factory turned intangible momentarily due to shenanigans, which killed a lot of people but many survived. Death lasers were shot by Traferous' ship.

When it was tangible, there was a big deal with aerial fighting, and there was a planet crust that covered the asteroid for a while, and then there was an announcement made by Fishers that Traferous was going to drop a bomb and destroy Hero Factory and we had to stop it in 24 hours else the RPG would end. This would prove to be a bad idea, as no character would know it IC so everyone just threw everything at the ship to prolong their beloved favourite RPG. This resulted in stopping Traferous' ship by making it fall on the Hero Factory and explode.

People survived, so yay for that, and now there are Heroes running around chasing the villains that survived. They're pretty much all captured or gone except for Traferous and Marrow. Marrow was sitting by itself eating so it's gone unnoticed pretty much, and Traferous has been dancing around freeing villains and being a nuisance. Right now Fishers wants him to get free for plot reasons, but it's not a very viable option IC for the Heroes around him, so we're at a standstill.

There's also a giant portal eating planets but we haven't done anything about that yet.

This is a very, very glossed over summary so feel free to ask questions. Long story short is Hero Factory blew up. If you want to introduce a new Hero, don't feel discouraged, though! You can have them return from a mission, or be unconscious in the rubble and just waking up.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - With Stryker

He glanced at the Hero in his arms. "So... How you doin', pal?"

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

She kept on Traferous. She was extremely well-versed in topics of space, including spaceships, and she had no idea how that thing was still flying, let alone how the villain expected it to be functional in space.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

So, after the events of Mission 2 (where we messed up badly), a bunch of big ships rolled up and started shooting at the Hero Factory. 

Another was a ship belonging to the Creator, who walked in, talked to Makuro, and left.

OOC: Just to be clear, The Creator had nothing to do with the shooting up of Hero Factory. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Oh yeah. Sorry, didn't clarify that. The Creator wandered in and out peacefully.

Also a Hero saw the mess and elected to instead go to Space McDonald's (Mechano's) with a Makuro lookalike villain. Not a major development but I found it funny.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod.

The pod, beginning to get low on fuel, came in to land near the Astral. Skidding to a stop on the rubble-strewn ground, Markus popped open the hatch and clambered out. "Alright, I'm back." He spoke into his comms, "Now, where the heck is Striker?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Timothy Gyro - Midair

"Don't mention it. Want me to drop you off on the ground?"

~

IC: Orukam Amayika - Impending Doom

He had a very, very bad feeling, but he wasn't sure why. He, obviously, had not yet seen Vex step out of the Hero ship.

• Upvote 2

IC: Timothy Gyro - Airborne

Gyro touched down and set the Hero on his feet on the hard ground. He paused, glanced at the sky, and said, "well, uh... I guess you should probably wait around and shoot at that guy 'til our ride comes back."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous regenerated the windshield and threw it into FTL mode, regenerating the back of his ship as soon as Saracen was through. Flames covered the metal in a terrifying display as the thing broke atmosphere, and the meter warned him the engines were overheating and that the cabin pressure was dangerously low, but he ignored it.

This cargo ship was designed for stealth, but Traferous had thrown in this trick so he wouldn't be helpless. Now all of his fleet had that capability thanks to the brain attack, but whatever. 

Let the Heroes follow me.

GM IC THE TRANSPORTATION FEDERATION

Traferous' second-in-command fled for her life. Behind her, the hangar decks were being sheared off and exploded under heavy fire, mechanical arms crashing down and fuel tanks exploding. 

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Striker

"Additionally, I would like to speak with this Vex Hero's superior," said Amayika, letting slip none of his outrage. "I feel his behaviour towards me was unwarranted and unprofessional."

~

OOC: So, like, everyone raining lasers, rockets, etc. on Traferous are just being ignored or dodged without mention somehow? I understand you want him out of there but that ship should be heavily compromised and riddled with holes by now.

He looked a little embarrassed. "It's a... very long story. I was turned down for a very prolific part in a big production, and they took on Makuro to play the part instead. Upon reflection, this... may have been a slight overreaction. But I stand by it, and regret none of my actions. It's just hard to explain to people without it sounding a little silly."

He glanced at Striker. "I won't lie. My impersonations often foray into the field of slander and criminal impersonation. But yes, I am most certainly an actor."

IC: Jason Ferro- That was anticlimactic...

Ferro had been waiting for a good opportunity to step in, but now it looked like he wouldn't get to use his bomb after all. Even worse, the murderer had escaped! Silently, Jason swore to himself that he wouldn't hesitate to blow the Titan sky high next time they crossed paths. Well, IF they crossed paths. Chances were, a far more capable hero would probably put a stop to Traferous' misdeeds before the month was out...

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Astral

Now inside the vessel, presumably with Var and Plume accompanying him, Gorn made his way to the person he knew would be able to help him: Zib.

"Zib, can I see the video that Plume's helmet cam captured over the last few hours?"

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous regenerated the windshield and threw it into FTL mode, regenerating the back of his ship as soon as Saracen was through. Flames covered the metal in a terrifying display as the thing broke atmosphere, and the meter warned him the engines were overheating and that the cabin pressure was dangerously low, but he ignored it.

This cargo ship was designed for stealth, but Traferous had thrown in this trick so he wouldn't be helpless. Now all of his fleet had that capability thanks to the brain attack, but whatever. 

OOC: Okay, I'm sorry, but it's rant time.

We've tried to be patient. We've tried to be reasonable. We've done our best to ignore the fact that Traferous is continuing to fight despite your multiple assurances that he was done. We've tried to reply fairly, even though Traferous not only has eyes in the back of his head, but has been magically teleporting from one end of the ship to another, manipulating the controls and fixing holes and shooting at people and dodging attacks simultaneously in the space of single posts. We're attempted to respond reasonably even when this simple cargo ship that's been flooded, partially frozen, set on fire, shot full of holes, and had its engines destroyed multiple times, has been maneuvering like some kind of stunt plane. 

But I think I speak for everyone here when I say it's immensely frustrating when, after everything we've done, you're still no-selling and disregarding absolutely everything we've done, taken liberties with realism that you'd never let any of us get away with, and had Traferous escape, all in favour of giving your character the death you want him to. 

• Upvote 4

IC: Epix - The Astral (Medical Bay)

"Actually, I was referring to the SIA's private database, which most Heroes don't possess the proper clearance to access, as it is synched regularly with the vast majority of Mr. Makuro's personal files," Epix stated. "And for the record, it's been secretly scanning you and updating your specifications through the camera feedback in our helmets every time you've fought one of our agents, so you've been essentially exposing all of your secrets to us for quite a while."

Whether he was bluffing or not was completely up for debate, but from the look on his face, it was obvious that The Recall didn't honestly care if the Prototype Hero believed him.

"But to answer your other question, it really doesn't matter what I think, considering that we've had the same amount of time to do so as well. The only difference here is that we possess an exponentially smaller risk of permanently damaging ourselves in the process, and we don't have to salvage our parts out of the nearest scrapyard first."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Markus Vex - Ready To Murder Someone.

"There you are!" He stormed towards the group, whipping out his knife, "Don't listen to anything the little weasel says! He must have some kind of mind control powers!" 

• Upvote 1

OOC: I've gotta say, Vex makes the best first impression.

IC: Orukam Amayika - Incredible

He immediately ducked behind Striker's legs, reaching around to point at Vex accusingly. His actor's box now switched to his normal voice, he yelped, "This is what I was sayin'! He pulled a knife on me earlier when I was in cuffs 'n cooperatin' 'n all that biz! He's a psycho, I tells ya!"

• Upvote 1

IC Striker:

"Vex, for pity's sake will you calm down?"

IC Kaiba Blader:

Once more, the Proto hero was silent for a moment.

He inspected his hand momentarily, and concluded that he needed to install electro magnets at some point in the near future.

"Is that why you had the other Hero stab me in the back while I was focused on you?" He asked idly.

IC: Markus Vex - Not Calming Down.

"Shut up, Striker, this creep's messing with your head," he pulled out a pair of cuffs, flinging them at Fakuro.

They locked onto the villain's signature... spiraling towards his wrists... he idly realised how ridiculous it was going to look when the Makuro look-alike found himself handcuffed to the backs of a hero's legs. 

• Upvote 1

Stuck hugging Striker's legs due to the cuffs, he grumbled, "I take it back. Th' twerp's a psycho and an idiot."

• Upvote 4

IC: Epix - The Astral (Medical Bay)

"Agent Shade acted independently and without the consent of either Agent Stormer or myself, and as such, we were just as surprised when you went down as you were. I honestly don't know why this is so hard for you to accept, considering that you clearly saw our reactions before going offline."

Seeing as the conversation had almost turned civil, or at least as civil as it was going to get, anyway, The Recall took the chance to relax himself a bit as he continued to speak.

"Personally, I was looking for a fight; I've been going up against simulations of you for a long time, and I wanted to see how acurate they were when compared to the real deal. Watching somebody else stab you in the back robbed me of the chance to find out, so understandably, I'm just as disappointed as you are. Perhaps even more so."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Astral.

Unable to aid further in the aerial battle still raging overhead, Eva made her way back towards the Astral. Once inside, she found herself a nice, quiet spot next to a recharging station, and plugged herself in before sitting down. 

"Additionally, I would like to speak with this Vex Hero's superior," said Amayika, letting slip none of his outrage. "I feel his behaviour towards me was unwarranted and unprofessional."

~

OOC: So, like, everyone raining lasers, rockets, etc. on Traferous are just being ignored or dodged without mention somehow? I understand you want him out of there but that ship should be heavily compromised and riddled with holes by now.

OOC: They are being sped away from. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

OOC: Okay, I'm sorry, but it's rant time.

We've tried to be patient. We've tried to be reasonable. We've done our best to ignore the fact that Traferous is continuing to fight despite your multiple assurances that he was done. We've tried to reply fairly, even though Traferous not only has eyes in the back of his head, but has been magically teleporting from one end of the ship to another, manipulating the controls and fixing holes and shooting at people and dodging attacks simultaneously in the space of single posts. We're attempted to respond reasonably even when this simple cargo ship that's been flooded, partially frozen, set on fire, shot full of holes, and had its engines destroyed multiple times, has been maneuvering like some kind of stunt plane. 

But I think I speak for everyone here when I say it's immensely frustrating when, after everything we've done, you're still no-selling and disregarding absolutely everything we've done, taken liberties with realism that you'd never let any of us get away with, and had Traferous escape, all in favour of giving your character the death you want him to. 

OOC: I don't care at this point. If I throw him in prison camp, a remote possibility exists that he could break out of whatever he gets put into, kills a bunch of other characters, and cause another cycle. It is clear that making him the way that I did was a mistake, but I have to end this now. Otherwise it just gets thrown into another cycle.

We could play it out so that Traferous loses the ship, tries to get the other one, finally runs out of mass and energy and ends up captured or blown up somehow and not actually dead, AGAIN. But there comes a point where this becomes stupid, even stupider than Traferous patching the holes in his ship and busting his but out of there. 

And we are so far past that point I want to bang my head on my desk in agony. I'm sending Traferous to ###### before this RPG goes to ######.

And yes, it will go to ####### because if this goes on for much longer that fleet I mentioned earlier will probably show up in town to go after Traferous because revenge and because the Heroes look like a good target too. This creates yet another battle, which basically amounts to me raining death on everybody. 

Which is an unacceptable penalty for my character's existence, given that this is my fault. And while I feel like I could make an argument about why that ship isn't blown to shreds at this point, the bottom line is this: I'm pulling an audible to stop this from continuing further, wasting more time, and preventing us from getting to the legit RPG mission.

Objections are still allowed.

GM NPC FORTIS

Fortis sighed. "Rocka, run a scan on Striker and that villain, see if you notice any mental alterations." 

GM NPC ROCKA

Rocka ran the scan. "I don't notice anything out of the ordinary..."

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Yes, I know. :P New villain profile for me: 

Name: Traferous Diafianous (Also known as Mene Vantal, "The Beast", Tom Dref, et. al.) 

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: 

Nature of Form: 

Traferous' body is composed of mass modules throughout his form, a set of atomic creatures filled with energy that can transmute  any form of mass at the command of his will. His body exists half-way in and halfway out of a pocket dimension, which he can open and close at will. While it is possible for Traferous to retreat entirely to this pocket dimension to avoid death by an explosive or the like, it would cut him off from the galaxy permanently. Likewise, if Traferous took all of his mass out of the pocket dimension, he would likely lose access to it since he would be unable to find it again.

His mind is composed of an energy loop similar to the atomic creatures. This energy loop can move throughout his form at will. As such, he has the following powers: 

1. Shapeshifting: Traferous can assume the appearance of anything he knows at will, including increasing and decreasing his size. However, the pocket dimension is only so big, so him becoming a monster the size of a planet is clearly out of the question. 

2. Mass absorption/ transmutation: Traferous can transmute or rearrange portions of his form to become any form of mass he knows of, and leave it behind as itself, with no living creatures - it will literally be whatever form of mass he selects. This extends to other objects around him, but he must be in physical contact with the object in question, absorb it into his form, and then change its composition. 

He can also absorb other mass and energy into his form without harm, but again, his pocket dimension is only so big. Usually he relies on absorption to regain mass lost by attacks. 

In theory, Traf could reassemble himself from a bug-sized piece of matter back to life. However, his mental loop would be damaged if he got too small, so he would rather not risk it. 

Weapons: Traf's weapon of choice is kryptonium blasters, and lots of them. He loves explosions. He also normally carries a sword, for gentlemanly duels. 

Weaknesses (no metagaming these): Traferous' mind needs a bit of concentration to avoid swirling though his form randomly. Shortly after his transformation, his mind kept going from the pocket dimension and the real world without warning, a traumatic experience that he really tries not to think about.

He is famously terrible with computers and other electronic devices, preferring to leave the management of those to his assistants.

His shapeshifting powers are limited by what he knows how to shapeshift into, and otherwise has an intimate knowledge of. Traf had plenty of time to analyze the form of Mene Vantal. If he tries to copy a Hero that he does not know so closely, a detailed scan will reveal design differences that could rule him as a fake. 

Also, absorbing living beings into his form will not necessarily kill them unless he shifts their mind into another form of matter. For this reason, he almost never absorbs living beings into his form, and never absorbs computers, as he considers that too dangerous. 

And he does feel pain. 

Appearance: Whatever he feels like taking on. However, when he is not in some disguise he prefers a silver titan form that either carries four or five kryptonium blasters or wears a cape. 

Bio: Traferous Diafianous used to be an ordinary and highly successful businessman - in fact, as clean as a whistle - until a rogue Hero named Von Ness stopped by his place. Traferous was only too happy to help with the man's experiments regarding black holes, and even volunteered as Von Nebula's first test subject. The black orb staff was born from Traf's hand...only for the citizen to be transformed by the staff's energies into something...other. 

At first, the citizen was terrified, doing one experiment after another to try to change back. But eventually, he began to realize that it was not all bad, and that he could enjoy it. 

Surprisingly, he has no real beef with the Hero Factory - but he views them as laughably incompetent as the galaxy's protectors, and enjoys toying with them for fun. The galactic conspiracy, on the other hand, wants to arm every planet in the galaxy, and he views that as a threat to his amusement. Alas. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Also, if you think he is OP, that was the intent behind the character. He could STILL be killed, but bringing him down will be REALLY HARD. Thwarting his plans and schemes, however, might be more in the form of feasibility. Please feel free to ask questions. 

OOC: From this, I think Traferous might be outside the confines of his profile with how often he's been shifting without having his concentration becoming an issue.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: At this point I don't even care all that much about what happens with Traferous; my issue was with the ignoring hits and junk. Even that I do not much care about anymore, and I'm not all that bothered with the exit anymore, as my solution- shoving him in a rubbish bin and calling him 'Trashferous', old school cartoon bully style- is apparently not viable for the long term.

IC: Orukam Amayika - Uncomfortable

He frowned at Rocka around Striker's behind. "See? I ain't done nothin' 'cept apparently bein' in the wrong place at th' wrong time! And Mister Stab-Happy over there's been wavin' 'round that thing like his oil don't stain!"

• Upvote 1

-snip-

OOC: While I can understand where you're coming from, and you're clearly just as frustrated as the rest of us, I don't see how any of what you've said justifies deliberately maltreating your players, intentionally going well beyond the limits outlined in your already-ridiculously-OP character's profile, and repeatedly breaking your own rules. 

There were plenty of ways you could've handled this that didn't involve railroading pretty much your entire playerbase into letting your character escape off to some battle we have no interest of investment in, just so you can give him a fancier sendoff.  

• Upvote 1

OOC: How Traferous Should've Died - Part One of a One-Part Series

Traferous: "Bwa ha ha! I've just destroyed Hero Factory, and now it is time to make my daring escape!"

Everybody Else: "Uh... no."

*Massive Curbstomp Battle Ensues*

Traferous (Dying, and in a high-pitched voice): "My mass! My beautiful mass! Oh well. At least I get to die with my dignity intact."

*Gets Eaten By Zippy's Duck*

Zippy's Duck: "Quack!"

The End.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 3

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Orukam Amayika - Uncomfortable

He frowned at Rocka around Striker's behind. "See? I ain't done nothin' 'cept apparently bein' in the wrong place at th' wrong time! And Mister Stab-Happy over there's been wavin' 'round that thing like his oil don't stain!"

IC: Markus Vex - Decidedly Not Convinced.

"Right, so you expect me to believe that my highly trained, professional partner just abruptly decided to: one, uncuff a dangerous prisoner suspected to be involved in an assassination attempt on the real Mr Makuro," still glowering at Fakuro, he started listing the items off on his fingers, "2, abandon Hero Factory when it was in trouble. 3, take said prisoner off to a fast food restaurant despite the fact that you're both robots and don't actually need to eat, and 4, post about it all over social media?" 

He shook his head, "You've already made it clear that you think I'm stupid, but I assure you that I'm not stupid it enough to fall for such a pathetic string of blatant lies." 

OOC: How Traferous Should've Died - Part One of a One-Part Series

This... was a thing of genuine beauty. 

New Headcanon: This is actually exactly how it all went down, and all of my characters shall refer exclusively to this version of events from now on. 

Edited by Shadow Nato
  • Upvote 3

OOC: I couldn't resist lightening the mood a little.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Friends

"Assassination?! I may hate the guy, but I don't wanna kill him! I told ya, I was there for a gig! And what do I know about yer friend?! All I know's he hasn't waved a knife in my face today, which is one-up- nah, two-up, now- on you, bozo!"

He tried to adjust his forced hold to be more comfortable, but ultimately failed. "Besides, what say do I have in it if yer friend wants to take photos wiv me? Lotta Heroes do! And Mechano's does a robot menu now, ya goon."

• Upvote 3

IC: Peppy Starburst

It had been a week since Peppy had gotten some rest. After battling some space pirates that were harassing trade-routes between two fledgling star powers, she'd also had a run-in with a nefarious villain with the ability to turn into smoke. Thankfully, she'd been resourceful enough to use the vacuum cleaner on her ship, which rendered the villain defeated and contained nicely. And then after THAT she had to deal with a trio of angry metal-eating birds that were trying to eat her. Thankfully, she'd been resourceful enough to lead them to a large deposit of natural ores, granting them a natural food source, and an opportunity of escape to her.

Now, she was returning, flying her custom-painted dropship back to the Hero Factory star system at maximum FTL speeds. Dropping out of FTL speeds, she approached the asteroid, only to find that her scanners any readings of the Factory itself. "Well this is odd." She sent out a call link, hoping to get in contact with someone as she approached the displaced asteroid. "Hello? This is Peppy Starburst. Can anyone read me?" Her signal would likely be picked up by the Astral.

OOC: @FallenCor Yeah, ok, edited.

Edited by Toa Onaku

Now, she was returning, flying her custom-painted dropship back to the Hero Factory star system at maximum FTL speeds. Dropping out of FTL speeds, she approached where she thought the asteroid was, only to find that her scanners displayed it in a completely different location than where it should have been. 

OOC: Wasn't that retconned?

IC Helen - Astral:

"I read you, Starburst," Helen responded, having arrived back at her station. "Stand by until it is safe to land."

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC Helen - Astral:

"There was an incident, yes," she replied, thinking it best that Peppy simply see the damage for herself. "You are clear to land, now, but please be cautious as you come in; there are still hostiles in the area. Make your way to the Astral for a recharge, and we'll brief you on the situation."

She sent an image of the Astral to the HUD of Peppy's dropship.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |