fishers64

IC: Epix - The Astral (Medical Bay)

"Agent Shade acted independently and without the consent of either Agent Stormer or myself, and as such, we were just as surprised when you went down as you were. I honestly don't know why this is so hard for you to accept, considering that you clearly saw our reactions before going offline."

Seeing as the conversation had almost turned civil, or at least as civil as it was going to get, anyway, The Recall took the chance to relax himself a bit as he continued to speak.

"Personally, I was looking for a fight; I've been going up against simulations of you for a long time, and I wanted to see how acurate they were when compared to the real deal. Watching somebody else stab you in the back robbed me of the chance to find out, so understandably, I'm just as disappointed as you are. Perhaps even more so."

IC Kaiba Blader:

"Is this.....Shade, also in custody pending an investigation, then? Considering that had I been one of you....inferior quaza powered models, the blow delivered would have been fatal. Indeed, were I any model besides the one I am, I would be dead. Perhaps, Recall, I should not be your primary concern right now."

IC: Orukam Amayika - Uncomfortable

He frowned at Rocka around Striker's behind. "See? I ain't done nothin' 'cept apparently bein' in the wrong place at th' wrong time! And Mister Stab-Happy over there's been wavin' 'round that thing like his oil don't stain!"

IC: Markus Vex - Decidedly Not Convinced.

"Right, so you expect me to believe that my highly trained, professional partner just abruptly decided to: one, uncuff a dangerous prisoner suspected to be involved in an assassination attempt on the real Mr Makuro," still glowering at Fakuro, he started listing the items off on his fingers, "2, abandon Hero Factory when it was in trouble. 3, take said prisoner off to a fast food restaurant despite the fact that you're both robots and don't actually need to eat, and 4, post about it all over social media?" 

He shook his head, "You've already made it clear that you think I'm stupid, but I assure you that I'm not stupid it enough to fall for such a pathetic string of blatant lies." 

OOC: How Traferous Should've Died - Part One of a One-Part Series

This... was a thing of genuine beauty. 

New Headcanon: This is actually exactly how it all went down, and all of my characters shall refer exclusively to this version of events from now on. 

IC Striker:

"Vex, for crying out loud, he's not dangerous, I mean look at him! If he was so dangerous, don't you think he'd have attacked us at some point? Secondly, as I've explained about three times today, when I got here, there was a slagging PLANET where the factory should be. I don't know about you, Vex, but my pod doesn't come with a giant drill. And....really?! Because I don't -need- to eat, you think I can't go somewhere and enjoy a meal? With a guy who was basically put through a warzone because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? Do you hear yourself? You sound like a paranoid civvie who's been sucking on quaza stones!"

"Agent Shade acted independently and without the consent of either Agent Stormer or myself, and as such, we were just as surprised when you went down as you were. I honestly don't know why this is so hard for you to accept, considering that you clearly saw our reactions before going offline."

OOC: It doesn't quite make sense to me why the Recall would mention Shade by name to the criminal, especially since the villain in question was out on a revenge quest.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: Rogue Hero then. (Although the way I understand it, Hero Factory treats criminals and Rogue Heroes alike with the same attitude, so I don't see how it makes much of a difference.)

OOC: Typically, rogue Heroes are treated like criminals because they leave the Hero Factory to go do crime, like Core Hunter and Von Nebula. There are Heroes not currently employed in the Hero Factory, according to one of the books, that aren't criminals. It's pretty interesting, actually; apparently some Heroes can't take the immense pressure in being a Hero and either end up in low ranking teams- apparently those exist- or wash out completely and get employed as guards and such instead.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Kaiba would've found out anyway, considering he'd have the right to face his accusers in a court of law, so I have to respectfully disagree.

As for Kaiba not being a criminal, he's interfered with Hero Factory operations on more than one occasion, attacked their agents, descends from a line of robots known for abusing civilians and killing Villains, and has probably knowingly engaged in a multitude of other illegal activities over the years as well. If that's not the very definition of being a criminal, whether possessing villainous intentions or not, then I don't know what is.

"As you've already been told, Agent Shade's actions are currently under investigation, since yes, that strike would've been deadly if he had performed it on another Rogue Hero," Epix said simply. "I doubt that any of the charges will stick, however, considering the situation, but as head of the SIA Division, I would be obligated to take him into custody in the event that they do."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Peppy Starburst

"Acknowledged." Peppy flew her ship closer to the asteroid, circling around it until Makuhero city came up over the horizon. Peppy peered at the skyline, trying to figure out what was wrong with it, when suddenly she gasped at the realization. Hero Factory wasn't there. And the closer she drew to the smoking crater that once had been the proud building of Hero Factory, the more her despair grew. Catching her eyes was the regal Astral, to which she redirected her ship while trying her best to suppress her grief.

OOC: So how was it again, were there docking bays on the Astral?

OOC: Kaiba would've found out anyway, considering he'd have the right to face his accusers in a court of law, so I have to respectfully disagree.

As for Kaiba not being a criminal, he's interfered with Hero Factory operations on more than one occasion, attacked their agents, descends from a line of robots known for abusing civilians and killing Villains, and has probably knowingly engaged in a multitude of other illegal activities over the years as well. If that's not the very definition of being a criminal, whether possessing villainous intentions or not, then I don't know what is.

"As you've already been told, Agent Shade's actions are currently under investigation, since yes, that strike would've been deadly if he had performed it on another Rogue Hero," Epix said simply. "I doubt that any of the charges will stick, however, considering the situation, but as head of the SIA Division, I would be obligated to take him into custody in the event that they do."

OOC: I'd like to address the backstory of Kaiba and The Proto-Hero program at large here, because there's some pretty big assumptions you're making here. The proto heroes -never- had a history of abusing citizens, or of harming citizens in any way. Them killing villains only applied when civilians were in danger, and -any- illegal activities Kaiba himself took part in were due to his inablity to acquire replacement parts in any other way, being such an old robot. There' also a big cover up of why the Proto- Heroes were -actually- terminated, as well, which is information that no one but Makuro and Kaiba himself know about.

By which I mean only I know the real reason at this time.

IC Kaiba Blader:

"Your methods are strange to me......."

He turned suddenly, and walked away from Epix, headed for the exit of the room.

The proto heroes -never- had a history of abusing citizens, or of harming citizens in any way.

OOC: Well, except for that one time... But that one incident hardly constitutes a "long history" of killing/abusing civilians. And there's been a fair number of regular heroes who've harmed civilians, whether intentionally or not, over the course of this game. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The proto heroes -never- had a history of abusing citizens, or of harming citizens in any way.

OOC: Well, except for that one time... But that one incident hardly constitutes a "long history" of killing/abusing civilians. And there's been a fair number of regular heroes who've harmed civilians, whether intentionally or not, over the course of this game.

OOC: The problem is, those ICs made it clear there was more to it than that, and that's the backstory we've been given. Epix and other characters have been treating Blader that way because that's the history they've been given, and what has been confirmed by Blader himself. Changing the story halfway isn't fair on them, because that's changing information that their characters have known and have been talking about.

Besides, though the mysterious backstory sounds cool and all, I highly doubt Makuro would melt them down for no reason. It's not his character. I'm surprised he melted them down even with a reason, actually, but that was in the RPG already so we can't do much about that.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Changing the story halfway isn't fair on them, because that's changing information that their characters have known and have been talking about.

OOC: Two very specific incidents that fishers probably made up on the fly, describing the worst things a small number of proto heroes did does not constitute the entire history of all proto heroes. I don't see what's unfair about Scorp saying that there's more to it than that one post. 

No one bases their entire opinion of Saracen on the one time he shot a civilian, or Thumper on that one time she abandoned the mission to go wrestle a dinosaur, or Striker that one time he... actually, no, he's getting a lot of judgement for that. Point is, I don't really see anything unfair about adding more to a backstory that at present is limited to only two extremely negative examples.

Edited by Shadow Nato

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shade - Sleeping

Being capable of dreaming had always been on Shade's long-term bucket-list. Because of his designed occupation, the architects who had constructed him had removed his capacity to dream as a defense against any guilt he might feel towards past targets. Since that time whenever Shade catches some rest, he is essentially blacked out until he wakes up. He had been fine with this until he had heard a civilian telling another worker about "a dream they had last night." After some research, Shade concluded that 1: the creators were smart to take that away from him, 2: that he wouldn't build any guilty feelings/emotions towards past acts against previous marks no matter what, and 3: that he wanted to dream. To this day, Shade still hasn't found the proper method of restoring this function to working capacity.

Shade continued sleeping on the makeshift bed in  Nex's room.

OOC: It doesn't quite make sense to me why the Recall would mention Shade by name to the criminal, especially since the villain in question was out on a revenge quest.

OOC: Heroes' names aren't exactly secret. <:I

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: The Creator/Caretaker - New Dawn.

"They're taking too long," he sighed, disconnecting from the Interface, "Take the helm. I'm going to go get them." They'd intercepted radio chatter a while earlier regarding some kind of rift in space that had just swallowed up an inhabited world. In all of their centuries of roaming the galaxy, they'd never encountered anything even remotely like that, and The Creator wasn't about to let go of a chance to investigate. 

"Very well," she didn't sound happy. He didn't blame her. "But hurry, please. I don't want us to linger in this system any longer than we have to." More and more ships were arriving in and around the asteroid belt with each passing minute, seemingly drawn by the news of Hero Factory's demise, "Sooner or later, one of them's going to take interest in us."

Nodding, he turned and headed for the elevator, stepping into the cage of cartilage and letting the undulating cords of muscle carry him down to the hangar bay. Once there, he picked out a slightly larger dropship, clambered inside, and began the flight back down towards the planetoid's surface, "This is The Creator," he spoke into the integrated comms, "I'm bringing a ship to pick you up. It's time we moved on from this place." 

Changing the story halfway isn't fair on them, because that's changing information that their characters have known and have been talking about.

OOC: Two very specific incidents that fishers probably made up on the fly, describing the worst things a small number of proto heroes did does not constitute the entire history of all proto heroes. I don't see what's unfair about Scorp saying that there's more to it than that one post.

No one bases their entire opinion of Saracen on the one time he shot a civilian, or Thumper on that one time she abandoned the mission to go wrestle a dinosaur, or Striker that one time he... actually, no, he's getting a lot of judgement for that. Point is, I don't really see anything unfair about adding more to a backstory that at present is limited to only two extremely negative examples.

OOC: Actually, I never said Scorp shouldn't add to Blader's backstory. I feel quite the opposite, actually! Adding depth to a backstory is fun and good. What I was saying was, he shouldn't retcon out facts that have already been clarified in the RPG without, at the very least, informing someone of it beforehand. Saying the Proto-Heroes never did anything illegal goes directly against facts established in the RPG and confirmed in Blader's ICs themselves.

See, though Fishers might have stated it on the fly, Scorp didn't refute it. He had Blader agree with that as fact, and even add his own stance to the issue- that they should have been taught better- and that is what the characters in the RPG know is true of Blader's backstory, because the players OOC have witnessed Blader confirm it.

Adding to this small tidbit of information isn't the issue. I thought I'd made that clear, so sorry about that. The issue is, other characters are responding to a fact they know is right and true, but it just came out that it's completely wrong. Which would be fine, but it's in the middle of a conversation about that fact. I think what'd be nice is maybe a more detailed summary of Blader's past, so characters like Epix have something to work with? The one that's there is a nice start, but a good summary to add to Blader's profile could help a bit more with details.

Also I can't remember but I think earlier on but later than the Makuro convo, when Blader was talking to Stormer and Epix, doesn't it make mention of the previous backstory? Don't quote me on that though.

Oh, and finally: I've gotta correct you on that Thumper thing. Thumper didn't ditch a mission, in fact it was quite the opposite- she was meant to be sitting in her room, thoroughly grounded, but she thought she was summoned for a mission. So she went in her own time to go wrestle a dinosaur.

• Upvote 1

Oh, and finally: I've gotta correct you on that Thumper thing. Thumper didn't ditch a mission, in fact it was quite the opposite- she was meant to be sitting in her room, thoroughly grounded, but she thought she was summoned for a mission. So she went in her own time to go wrestle a dinosaur.

OOC: Yeah, when T. Pecs impersonated Zib. XD

Also, did Flint's poor unconscious self ever make it to the Astral? I forget who took him.

• Upvote 1

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Making some edits to existing characters, since they always develop a little differently from when I make them.

Kaiba is included, and will be getting a fully fleshed out backstory.

Yet another hero. 

I'm starting to think I have a profile problem.

Name: John Striker

Powers/Abilities: Night vision capability, enhanced speed, ability to cloak, and become invisible.

Weapons: A mid range energy rifle with a scope, and an energy shotgun for close work. One Combat knife.

Appearance:ajD8uwh.png?1

Bio: Made to be part of a 'Black ops' team, John does the jobs that most Heroes won't, or can't. He's very serious on missions, but likes to kick back and watch old movies in his spare time when he isn't practicing his marksmanship.he and Vex have an odd relationship that borders on love/hate at times.

Name: Kathrine Scarlet

Powers and Abilities: (Main) Kathrine can fly using a variety of inbuilt plasma thrusters all over her body. This ensures that her flight is not limited to a single direction, essentially making her able to maneuver in any direction at will. This flight can break the sound barrier, but only with enough space to do so, which is proportionally very large.  Additionally, the thrusters can fire bolts of plasma, though this ability is limited to the palms of her hands and bottoms of her feet.(Minor) Kat's frame is lithe, and exceptionally agile.

Weapons: None.

Appearance: iRsaglO.png?1

Bio: A generally rookie hero, Kathrine is no less determined and caring about lives. She's ready to be the best, but her carefree nature and overall cockiness tend to get in the way at times. She's a bit of a show-off, and sometimes plays by her own rules, but generally, she's worth having to watch your back.

Can't stop now.

Need more villains.

Name: Kaiba Blader

Weapons/Powers: Titanium ceramic katana and wakizashi, arm blades, Strength and Speed nearly three times that of the average hero, Laser vision.

Appearance:YHbCfLi.png?1

Bio: Kaiba Blader is an old robot. In fact, he is the only remaining prototype for the current Hero Factory bots. 50 years before the first Heroes were built with quaza core technology, there was the Proto-Hero program, which built Kaiba and 99 other robots for the purposes of law enforcement and counter terrorism in the galaxy at large. The program was deemed a failure after several of the bots contracted a highly advanced computer virus that corrupted their systems over time, causing their actions to become more and more hostile and culminated in two civilians being killed. This, coupled with their programming being extremely imperial, caused Makuro to shut down the Proto-Heroes, and have them dismantled. Kaiba, having learned of the virus, and the plan to decommission the program hurriedly tried to convince Makuro that the Virus had since been contained, but Makuro would end up not listening, having already made plans for a new system that would become the Hero Factory. Angry and betrayed, Kaiba went to warn the other Proto-Heroes, only to find most of them already deactivated and being melted down. Managing to save only one of his former comrades' memory chip, Kaiba fought his way out of the facility, and left most of the galaxy. over time, his systems degraded, forcing him to resort to less than legal activities such as protection and the Black Market to replace vital components.  His programming so radically changed, Kaiba Has done his best to maintain his own sense of self, and as a result has a strong, but very personal sense of morality.

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

Quark watched the other ship disappear in silence. Then she slowly, gently set her ship on the ground.

Wolfe might have thought this was calm behaviour. However, if he were to see her face, he would see that what he was experiencing was the calm before the storm, as her face was twisted in pure, unbridled rage.

• Upvote 1

OOC: I actually typed "known history," not "long history." Those two statements don't necessarily mean the same thing.

OOC:

Well, that's embarrassing. I'd completely forgotten about that encounter, buuuuuttttt......... I think I can work it in with what I'm building. maybe.... Point being, I wrote myself into this corner, and now I'm gonna try and write myself out of it. Within reason, of course.

I actually didn't forget that encounter, which is why Epix is acting the way he is, since I assumed some of that information (the backstory bit, anyway) was available via the file HF's database had on Kaiba. Either way, that would have to be a pretty elaborate cover-up, considering that even the SIA Division is still in the dark about it.

OOC: The problem is, those ICs made it clear there was more to it than that, and that's the backstory we've been given. Epix and other characters have been treating Blader that way because that's the history they've been given, and what has been confirmed by Blader himself. Changing the story halfway isn't fair on them, because that's changing information that their characters have known and have been talking about.

This I agree with. Contrary to what you may think, I am not, and never have been, a mind reader, so expecting me to act on information that hasn't been made abundantly clear probably isn't going to achieve your desired results. Just saying.

And while I do appreciate the edit made to Kaiba's Bio, Lynn, I still don't necessarily see how that information is going to change how other characters perceive him IC, as you've already stated that this is in fact supposed to be a cover-up perpetrated by Mr. Makuro of all people, which means that none of what you've just recently added would be available to them anyway.

Picking up Kaiba's belongings, The Recall began to reluctantly follow the Rogue Hero out into the hallway.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: With the Traferous situation resolved... one way or another... it looks like things will finally be moving properly to Mechna. So, in preparation, I think it's time to unveil my own addition to the growing band of barely-active mercs hanging around there. 

Villain Profile:

Name: Nexus Zander.

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Nexus is possessed of immensely enhanced strength, and specialises in brutal hand-to-hand, close-quarters combat. His boots possess a layer of short spikes on the soles, providing additional grip, as well as means of inflicting extra damage when kicking.

His hands, crushed and destroyed years ago, have been restored using reinforced mechanical replacements, complete with spiked knuckles, allowing him to utilise his full strength without hurting himself, and fend off strikes from some melee weapons.

Nexus’ constant companion is his pet Gleam, a gold-scaled psych-wyvern. This intelligent, quizzical creature has bonded to him, establishing a telepathic connection that allows the duo to share thoughts and experiences over long distances, and with time and focus, access each other’s senses.  

Appearance: This mercenary is far from what one would call handsome, and he knows it. His mouth is packed with jutting fangs, short tusks sprout from his cheeks, and his lean body is adorned with more lumps, bruises and scars than he can be bothered to count. Seemingly permanently affixed to the top of his ugly head is an undersized cowboy hat, taken as a trophy from his old owner.

His thick, plate armour is coloured black and purple to mirror his own skin tone, and although his strength allows him to move around in combat unhindered, he, unlike the machines he often fights, will eventually tire.  

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/AkcSK2i.png

Bio: Nexus’ species are prized for their immense strength, and often sold as slaves, for use as bodyguards, enforcers, and fighters. Such was the tale of Nexus’ own childhood, being forced to fight other slaves – organic and mechanical – to the death in underground fighting rings. But while his body had strength, it did not have the endurance to match, and over the years his hands were bent and battered and broken time and time again, until he was no longer fit to fight.

His owner tried to dispose of him, but Nexus refused to be so callously cast aside. He slew the slaver, claiming their pet, riches, and hat for himself. The money allowed him to purchase armour to protect himself, and new hands with which to fight. He did a brief stint in more legal, professional fighting contests, but his techniques proved too vicious for friendly bouts, and he was eventually disbarred from competing.

Eventually, he took to mercenary work, frequenting the bars of Mechna and other shady locales to ply his trade. Despite largely being employed as mere muscle, he’s no dumb thug, utilising brains just as much as brawn in battle, and enjoying a spot of gambling or friendly drinks with his fellow mercs when off the job.

OOC: Well, I'd rather work with what I've already established, and what other people are working with, rather than just retconning a bunch of stuff needlessly. Which I did(I hope) in a way that makes the information available -technically correct- but not -entirely- so. Hard to make everyone happy, but I hope I at least made something that can satisfy. 

IC Wolfe - Quark Qruiser:

Unfortunately for Wolfe, he knew all too well that this was anything but calm behavior. Quark could certainly be quieter than any of her teammates, but rarely did good moods and long bouts of silence coincide. He shut down the weapon systems and sat back in his chair, not even daring to glance at Quark. He decided to give her a minute.

"Please say something."

• Upvote 2

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC Jade:

Jade, conversely, was swearing profusely to the inside of her ship.

"OUTMANEUVERED BY A BURNING PIECE OF JUNK WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?!"

She slammed a finger on the comm to the Astral.

"Command, uploading probable exit coordinates based on trajectory, please advise."

IC Kaiba Blader:

As he walked, he noticed that despite his apparent condition as a dangerous criminal, the Recall had no orders to restrain him. Or, at least, was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The latter seemed unlikely, given his inflections during their conversation, however.

"My ship, was it also brought here?" He asked.

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn

Traferous: "Bwa ha ha! I've just destroyed Hero Factory, and now it is time to make my daring escape!"

Everybody Else: "Uh... no."

*Massive Curbstomp Battle Ensues*

Traferous (Dying, and in a high-pitched voice): "My mass! My beautiful mass! Oh well. At least I get to die with my dignity intact."

*Gets Eaten By Zippy's Duck*

Zippy's Duck: "Quack!"

The End.

RIP Traferous 2016: OP enough to not die, but not OP enough to escape. 

-snip-

OOC: While I can understand where you're coming from, and you're clearly just as frustrated as the rest of us, I don't see how any of what you've said justifies deliberately maltreating your players, intentionally going well beyond the limits outlined in your already-ridiculously-OP character's profile, and repeatedly breaking your own rules. 

There were plenty of ways you could've handled this that didn't involve railroading pretty much your entire playerbase into letting your character escape off to some battle we have no interest of investment in, just so you can give him a fancier sendoff.  

OOC: It's not a fancier sendoff, it's getting rid of him. 

I don't want Traferous to die. But it's clear that letting him live is a terrible idea. 

Further, while getting Traferous out of there is an injustice to everyone who fought against him, letting the battle continue endlessly is an injustice to all of the other players, forcing the Heroes to lose a mission they didn't even get to play. That's not fair. 

And I tried not to railroad. There are a whole lot worse ways this could have gone down - having Traferous board Quark's ship and kill a bunch of other characters trying to get to his stupid battle. I thought of crashing the ship he was driving into the Gunship and swimming to the other one, but then we'd end up back at square one. And yes, I should have played the end of this one differently, for reasons everyone has told me about. 

Clearly this was a mistake.

OOC: Also, I have to issue my second apology for the day:

Villain Profile: 

Name: Dr. Lie (villain codename)

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Dr. Lie has the powers of the Bionicle Mask of Healing...but in this universe, they are mostly useless, since everything is a robot. Or almost everything. Instead, he spends countless hours reading technical manuals, a procedure that he hates, in order to do any good for anyone. Despite this, he is rapidly becoming proficient at fixing all sorts of mechanical devices should they go awry, providing enough knowledge to keep the ship intact. 

Appearance: Dr. Lie looks like a civillian - except for his face, which is more angular and narrow. Sometimes he wears mechanics grubs or a lab coat, and sometimes even a suit and tie should the occasion allow. 

Bio: Dr. Lie comes from a planet that was comprised entirely of organic inhabitants, that were wiped out by an "accident" caused by Kaiba Blader's proto-hero friends. Ever since then, he's not really a friend of Makuro, and keeps pictures of all the Heroes that went rogue on his office wall to remind him that Makuro is never to be trusted. 

OOC: However, that can be edited out, I suppose. I should not have made assumptions. 

• Upvote 1

Traferous: "Bwa ha ha! I've just destroyed Hero Factory, and now it is time to make my daring escape!"

Traferous (Dying, and in a high-pitched voice): "My mass! My beautiful mass! Oh well. At least I get to die with my dignity intact."

The End.

OOC: So this is cannon now? Brilliant. He shouldn't have ended any other way. :P

OOC: With the Traferous situation resolved... one way or another... it looks like things will finally be moving properly to Mechna. So, in preparation, I think it's time to unveil my own addition to the growing band of barely-active mercs hanging around there. 

Villain Profile:

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Nexus is possessed of immensely enhanced strength, and specialises in brutal hand-to-hand, close-quarters combat. His boots possess a layer of short spikes on the soles, providing additional grip, as well as means of inflicting extra damage when kicking.

His hands, crushed and destroyed years ago, have been restored using reinforced mechanical replacements, complete with spiked knuckles, allowing him to utilise his full strength without hurting himself, and fend off strikes from some melee weapons.

Nexus’ constant companion is his pet Gleam, a gold-scaled psych-wyvern. This intelligent, quizzical creature has bonded to him, establishing a telepathic connection that allows the duo to share thoughts and experiences over long distances, and with time and focus, access each other’s senses.  

Appearance: This mercenary is far from what one would call handsome, and he knows it. His mouth is packed with jutting fangs, short tusks sprout from his cheeks, and his lean body is adorned with more lumps, bruises and scars than he can be bothered to count. Seemingly permanently affixed to the top of his ugly head is an undersized cowboy hat, taken as a trophy from his old owner.

His thick, plate armour is coloured black and purple to mirror his own skin tone, and although his strength allows him to move around in combat unhindered, he, unlike the machines he often fights, will eventually tire.  

Bio: Nexus’ species are prized for their immense strength, and often sold as slaves, for use as bodyguards, enforcers, and fighters. Such was the tale of Nexus’ own childhood, being forced to fight other slaves – organic and mechanical – to the death in underground fighting rings. But while his body had strength, it did not have the endurance to match, and over the years his hands were bent and battered and broken time and time again, until he was no longer fit to fight.

His owner tried to dispose of him, but Nexus refused to be so callously cast aside. He slew the slaver, claiming their pet, riches, and hat for himself. The money allowed him to purchase armour to protect himself, and new hands with which to fight. He did a brief stint in more legal, professional fighting contests, but his techniques proved too vicious for friendly bouts, and he was eventually disbarred from competing.

Eventually, he took to mercenary work, frequenting the bars of Mechna and other shady locales to ply his trade. Despite largely being employed as mere muscle, he’s no dumb thug, utilising brains just as much as brawn in battle, and enjoying a spot of gambling or friendly drinks with his fellow mercs when off the job.

Does the wyvern have enough strength to fly the two around? I'm thinking he will be approved either way, but I want to be sure. 

Also, curiosity question: could a psionic character also bind with this dragon character or challenge the bond between the two? I'd like to know your view on this in the rare case we end up with one in here. (I'm not going to be making or revealing one for reasons: the closest I got to one was the lady on Antropolis that was killed before I could reveal her.)

The End.

OOC: So this is cannon now? Brilliant. He shouldn't have ended any other way. :P

OOC: Let me think on this. I may decide to work it in. 

• Upvote 1

OOC: 

Does the wyvern have enough strength to fly the two around? I'm thinking he will be approved either way, but I want to be sure. 

Definitely not. The MOC gives a pretty good idea of the scale between the two. She's a bit bigger than the average bird of prey, but certainly not big enough to be carrying any full-sized people around. 

Also, curiosity question: could a psionic character also bind with this dragon character or challenge the bond between the two? I'd like to know your view on this in the rare case we end up with one in here. 

Hm... that's actually something I hadn't considered... 

I kind of envisioned the bond as something that was binding until the death of one of the subjects - hence why Gleam couldn't cut herself free of the slaver guy until Nexus killed him. But I imagine a psionics-wielding character could potentially disrupt the bond, temporarily preventing the pair from being able to access each other thoughts, senses, etc. 

Edited by Shadow Nato

Villain Profile:

Approved. 

Need to actually look at them MoCs more often. 

OOC: Thanks. :)

IC: Nexus Zander - Another Shady Bar On Mechna. Or Maybe The Same One. Who Knows?

"Is everyone seeing this, or am I just really drunk?" someone gurgled, staring out the window at the distorted, discoloured sky above. 

"Yes, it's only you," someone else assured him, "That's why we're all right next to you, staring in exactly the same direction." 

"Oh, alright..." he nodded, seeming to relax a little.

"...wait a sec-"

"Wha' are you drunkards yammerin' 'bout this time?" Nexus sighed, finally getting up from his table to approach the group, "If this turns outta be another splatter o' bird dung stuck to the window, I swear I'm gonna..." he trailed off, both Gleam's eyes and his own following the crowd's gaze up towards the unfamiliar sky, "...oh. Okay, then." 

• Upvote 3

IC: Dorothy Quark - Conceal Don't Feel

She stood up abruptly, and though she said nothing, she made a sharp hand gesture at Wolfe to be silent. She slowly lifted her hand to call the Astral. "Quark here. Traferous got away. I can still take passengers. Quark out."

She then moved to a cabinet and removed some black tape. With it, she studiously spelled the words 'SHAME CHAIR' on the back of Wolfe's seat.

"This is where you will sit and think about what you did for the entire ride over," she said, in barely restrained monotone. "I won't blame you for this. You're my friend, and I am above that. But... Goodness, writing that was cathartic."

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Welp

His shoulders sagged. "Aw."

He flew over to Scarlet. "You okay?"

• Upvote 1

IC Wolfe - SHAME CHAIR:

He craned his neck to watch as Quark worked, and realized three letters in what she was up to. Needless to say, he didn't say another peep while the sound of ripping tape persisted. He did indeed feel like scrap, so 10 points to Gryffinquark. When she was done, he looked over again with an expression of vague distress as he allowed her words to sink in. She was right, and he knew it. But dadgummit if Wolfe didn't still believe he was at least partially right (not that he would ever voice it). They would never find out, though.

"Should... we... find the kids, then...?" he suggested in an effort to change the subject.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Dorothy Quark - A Volcano Waiting To Erupt

"May as well. I'm not keen on delaying any longer." She walked to the hatch, unclicked her helmet, took a deep, deep intake of air, and shouted in a booming, impossibly loud voice: "GET YOURSELVES ON A SHIP OR WE ARE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU. RIGHT NOW, KIDS. I AM WARMING UP THE ENGINES RIGHT NOW."

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - With Scarlet

He jolted. "Uh, we'd better get down there."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Showers

Clean and not covered in organic goo, Quiver and Thumper exited the showers. All of a sudden, Quiver's head whipped around to stare in surprise at something on, or maybe through, the wall.

"What's wrong?" asked Thumper.

Quiver shook her head. "N-Nothing. I h-h-heard Quark g-getting everyone on b-board."

Thumper nodded knowingly. "Render once told me that, if Quark felt like it, she could yell loud enough to be heard across the entire planet."

"C-Can she?"

"Dunno. Probably!"

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - With Furno

While Furno ran pre-flight checks, Flood paused. Though he was not close enough to hear Quark's commanding call, he could feel it, the smallest inclination that perhaps he should hurry along with something.

~

IC: A duck - Lake

She paused in rummaging through some oily detritus, but quickly returned to her endeavour with a flick of the bill and the disappearance of a loose screw into her gullet.

IC Wolfe - Don't Let Them Knooooow:

The vet plugged his audio receptors with the palms of his hands, but he may as well have been using paper for all the good it did. When Quark was finished, he suddenly realized that they were about to have company... and there he sat with, essentially, a large 'KICK ME' sign on his back.

Slowly, exhaustedly, he slumped over the control panel with a neutral expression. Maybe the others would see him there and think he had sat there unknowingly.

Maybe.

• Upvote 1

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Epix - The Astral (Hallways)

"I didn't, but one of the other Heroes may have retrieved it; otherwise, it's probably still somewhere on Antropolis."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Gabriel Bliss - This Would Have Killed Echo

Bliss cringed as Quark almost fried his audio receptors. He'd have loved to go along with her, he told himself, but he really needed to recharge.

He gave her a wave and then began walking back towards the Astral a bit faster than he probably should have.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer