fishers64

IC: Ken Render - Night Stalker's Cell

"Hey, can't be too careful, pardner." He holstered the blaster and took some tools from his belt. He unscrewed the access panel and started fiddling around in there. "You know how it is. Some varmint fusses about a broken strut, you go in to help, and wham. You wake up missin' a villain. Made that mistake in my rookie years, learned fast."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Night Stalker

"I'm not that stupid.  I'm on a hero ship filled with dozens of heroes, all of whom are armed and mostly fit and well whereas I am cuffed, unarmed, and horribly damaged."  As Render fiddles Night Stalker feels the pain suddenly stop.  "Got it.  Wow that feels good."

IC: Ken Render - Cells

"You might feel a bit numb for a while," said Render, "but the medbots'll have you fixed up quick smart."

He half-carried, half-dragged the villain by the ghost and Heroes. He said quietly to Quiver, "Keep safe, junebug. Keep an eye on Ellie for me, she'll be doin' the same for you."

Quiver nodded, and Render continued on his way. To the villain, he said, "'Scuse the dragging. I ain't no heavy-build Hero, pardner."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Mona Selphi - Too Eager

Well, she was never one to turn down a challenge. She have it a go, gently- she didn't want him squirming too much, that would ruin the good job she was trying to do on his arm.

GM IC DR. LIE

Doctor Lie held still, gritting his teeth against the pain, as the bones reset. 

He sighed. "Do you have anything to brace it with so it doesn't come unset again?"

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Ghost Busting.

"So... ah... we've found the ghost..." she turned to Stormer, beginning to get a bit bored with conversing with Von Wobbly. "Aside from starting an argument with him... what exactly was the next step in your plan for capturing him?"

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer grinned and tossed an ice spike at the ghost, careful to aim it so that if it just passed through the ghost, it wouldn't hit Thumper.

GM NPC VON NEBULA

The ghost largely ignored the ice spike as it passed through itself. "You won't defeat me that way, puny Hero," the ghost gloated. 

GM NPC STORMER

"Exactly," said Stormer with a grin. "He's made of energy, not mass. Throw mass at him, he will laugh at you all day. You need a energy weapon to take him down. So I'm waiting for a Hero with an energy weapon to show up, since I'm so lazy, and keep arguing with him until they arrive."

Edited by fishers64

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Gotcha!

"Aha! So you admit that you're lazy!" She proclaimed triumphantly.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Marrow - Memories Of Echo

Marrow ducked under the sonic blast, but still got all the feathers on its head ruffled and some of its hearing blanked out from the force of the attack. Ineffectually shaking its head to try and clear the ringing in its ears, it swung its arms wildly at Stringer, not even caring where it hit him anymore.

GM NPC STRINGER

Stringer backed up as a blade slashed across his helmet, and another one passed in front of his chest. He continued with the sonic blasts, aiming for the creature's center of mass. 

GM NPC STORMER

"I do have an alternate plan in case my first plan doesn't work, though," the Alpha leader said. "So it's less laziness and more good planning skills."

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Unimpressed.

She just rolled her eyes.

Everything she'd seen of Stormer "in action" made it pretty clear to her that his reputation was highly exaggerated. 

IC: Eloise Thumper - With Von Nebula

She watched the icicle fly by. The ghost was impervious to ice, too- this sure was a puzzle.

~

IC: Mara Quiver - Thinking

She leaned forwards, and asked Stormer, "W-What kind of e-energy, s-sir? A-Any k-kind?"

~

IC: Ken Render - Astral Hallways

"Sure. What's yer name, pardner? Been seein' a lot of new faces today."

IC: Mara Quiver - So Close

She glanced at her laser rifle, and then at Thumper. "W-What if an o-object was heated with h-heat energy? M-Maybe from the l-laser bars?"

She had a laser weapon, but she didn't much like the idea of drawing the ghost's spooky ire on herself. Perhaps if she had another person to divide attention...

OOC: This plan uses only the finest of garbage science fiction physics.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Cells.

"Uh, guys, not to shoot down your ideas, but... maybe we shouldn't be discussing this plan right in front of the guy we're trying to beat?" She glowered at the ghost as she spoke, "He's just going to stand here and laugh at us until we find something that actually works... and then he'll just disappear again." 

OOC: I dunno about Stormer, but Quiver's being very quiet, like with most of her talking when she's not screaming. I probably should have outright stated that, though, so no edits needed.

IC: Mara Quiver - With Stormer and Weaver

"S-Sorry," she mumbled to the other Hero.

OOC: I dunno about Stormer, but Quiver's being very quiet, like with most of her talking when she's not screaming. 

OOC: I was under the impression that Weaver/Stormer and Thumper/Quiver were on opposite sides of Von Nebula. Hence why Stormer had to aim his ice spike in a way that it wouldn't hit Thumper after passing through the ghost. 

OOC: Oh, no, not at all. Thumper was following Render in, and Render told Quiver to stick with Stormer and Weaver. Thumper's prodding Von Nebula all by her lonesome... Which means she couldn't have heard Stormer and I am a fool. Edited. But nah Quiver is standing behind Stormer.

IC Wolfe - Pushing His Luck:

Wolfe watched as Quark put some object into the cupboard. From the design he assumed some form of explosive, but since Dot seemed relatively unconcerned about it, he wasn't worried. In fact, he decided that this was the perfect time to cheer the kids up and simultaneously antagonize Quark. He pulled an ordinary arrow from his quiver and, after scooting closer to the cabinet, proceeded to lightly jab said storage unit, as if to say, 'you didn't say the arrow couldn't touch it.'

IC Flint | Helen - Middle of the Ruins | Astral:

Flint opened his eyes with a groan. He could hear ship engines idling nearby, but not much else, he realized with a jolt. What happened to the gunfire and explosions?

Slowly he eased himself into a sitting position and stayed there, at least until his lightheadedness passed. He glanced around, trying to figure out where everyone was. "Mission Control, what's going on? Where's that blasted villain?" he demanded.

"Flint, dear, you've been unconscious for the last half hour," came Helen's rather blasé response. "Get aboard the Astral before we leave without you. We'll explain everything later."

"..."

An extremely disgruntled and confused Flint began slowly making his way back to the Astral.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Mona Selphi - Forgot About Her

She considered his arm for a moment, and then lined a pair of metal rulers up with his arm. "Hm. How about these?"

~

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - Wolfe's Funeral

Quark frowned at him, already annoyed she was being blown off by a mission manager for what felt like the hundredth time today. "You also didn't say I wasn't allowed to see to it that the arrow ended up wrist-deep in your crankshaft."

Gyro, who was halfway through wrangling himself into a chair while trying not to laugh too hard at Wolfe's comment, fell to the floor in a fit of giggles.

GM NPC BULK

"Do I have to do everything?" Bulk complained, chucking a pair of Hero cuffs at Marrow. 

GM IC DR. LIE

"That's a little too flimsy," Dr. Lie grumbled. "Is there any griders? Or like the case that other guy put on 78's arm, do you have any of those?

GM NPC STORMER

"Well, like I said, I do have a backup plan."

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"He doesn't have a backup plan. He's lying, like the time he told me that Furno had the metallic energy wheels in his hands, knowing that I wouldn't believe him."

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Torn.

"As much as it pains me to say it, I'm siding with the ghost on this one," she finally spoke up, already wondering if she'd be court-martialed for this, "After everything I'd heard about the great Preston Stormer, you've turned out to be a real disappointment..." 

OOC: Quiver asked this earlier, but would heat energy on a solid object work? Since the convo's moved away, I'm going to attempt it anyway, but I have an idea for if it would not work.

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

She hummed again. "I believe so. Give me a moment."

She fished some of the devices akin to what the other villain had been fitted with. "I must have misjudged how brittle your bones are. Apologies."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Villain Lockup

While the ghost and Heroes argued, Quiver slunk to Thumper's side and motioned for her to move away from Von Nebula. Thumper smiled down at her. "What's up?"

"I h-have an idea," Quiver mumbled. "I c-can hit him with m-my lasers, b-but I d-don't want him t-to h-hit me, because n-no one e-else can stop him. C-Can you lean d-down?"

Thumper did so, and Quiver whispered in her audio receptor. Thumper grinned.

IC: Jason Ferro- Quark Qruiser

Ferro was unsure what the point of making him discard the bomb was if they were just going to bring it onto the ship themselves. Whatever their reason was, Wolfe's antics distracted him for the moment, allowing Ferro to forget what had happened over the last couple of hours, at least for a few seconds. Nevertheless, he still attempted to suppress his laughter, fearing the the leader's wrath. He gave up after a few moments, allowing himself a quiet chuckle.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Astral

Trusting Var to leave the ship, and Plume to allow her to do so, Gorn set off for the villain storage, having been made aware of a conflict there by Stormer's loud argument with another hero. If Gorn wasn't allowed to destroy that murderous scrapheap from earlier, then he would at least make sure to keep them from seeing the light of day ever again.

OOC: Would Gorn's sword work against Von Nebula?

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Quiver asked this earlier, but would heat energy on a solid object work? Since the convo's moved away, I'm going to attempt it anyway, but I have an idea for if it would not work.

OOC: I'm going to say yes for this - the ghost wouldn't be able to go through fire without damage of some kind. Heat should at least cause pain.

OOC: So dousing him with scathingly hot, boiling water could potentially inflict pain as well? 

IC: Marrow - Handcuffs Are For Villains With Hands

Marrow scrabbled at the rubble in an attempt to run away from the cuffs, but it was no good and they clamped onto its arms, getting sliced and broken as they passed over its blade hands and then some of the smaller spikes around its wrists. 

Marrow hissed again and began jangling the manacles to try and get them off.

OOC: Would the power drain still work even though the cuffs are mangled?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: I was under the impression that Hero Cuffs were supposed to be near-indestructible. Considering the kinds of villains they're made to hold, I doubt a few simple metal blades would be enough to mangle them like that. 

OOC: I'm going to say yes for this - the ghost wouldn't be able to go through fire without damage of some kind. Heat should at least cause pain.

OOC: yES

IC: Mara Quiver and Eloise Thumper - It's Time

Thumper, as nonchalantly as she could muster, backed up to a cell's laser bars and rubbed her gloves against them. While she was waiting for them to gain enough heat, Quiver carefully lifted her rifle and aimed for Von Nebula's arm. She wasn't sure if it was okay to aim for the head on someone who was already dead, but it sure didn't feel right.

She didn't have a plan beyond this. She hoped someone else did.

She glanced to Thumper, who was lifting glowing gloves and grinning. She supposed those bars were very hot. She gulped, aimed, and shot, even as Thumper started running.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Cell Block. 

Realising what was about to happen, she stepped to the side, pressing herself up against the wall. Heated gloves or not, Thumper was probably still going to pass right through Von Wobbly, and Eva didn't want to be in the way when that happened. 

IC: Epix - The Astral (Hallways)

Rolling his eyes for a brief moment and deciding that the answer Zib gave was good enough for him, he shut off his comlink before moving towards Kaiba and abruptly turning down another passage.

"Are you coming or not?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Would the power drain still work even though the cuffs are mangled?

OOC: Also yes: the thing I'm going for with that is that they need to be disconnected (i.e. broken in half) for that to stop. 

GM NPC STRINGER/BULK

"How many blades does that thing have?" Stringer grumbled, cautiously moving closer with blaster at the ready. 

Bulk sighed. "Too many. And I thought that lady with the wings was bad." He moved in to try to grab the thing's cuffs, trying to avoid the blades and mouth.

GM NPC STORMER

"Von, how could I be lying if I said that Furno had the rings...when he did actually have the rings?"

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"Shut up, stupid Hero, SHUT UP. Or I will possess you again, and this time, there won't be that coding hacker boy to save you. So you might start treating me with a little more respect, Preston Stormer, with your cheap little good boy image and your stupid insults. Deep down you're no better than me."

As he spoke, he advanced on the Hero, intent on carrying out his threat. Meanwhile, Quiver's shot hit, causing his arm to flicker like a bad N64 video game before stabilizing. 

OOC: Would Gorn's sword work against Von Nebula?

OOC: Yep. Most effective weapon in the room. 

(Von's not really meant to be OP by most standards anyway, seeing as he can't really attack very good. He's about an average powered bad guy. But if you want to play gang-and-imprison on him, go for it.)

GM IC 78 EAST

"Uh, the last I saw of Traferous he was turned into an anti-quaza wall to prevent himself from being exploded," 78 said. "The engines blew up, and then he was in between that and two heroes. I think he saved their lives or something."

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi pounded her fist against the wall in exasperation. "Will someone get me some real answers or take me to someone who does?" 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Eloise Thumper - Busting A Ghost's Jaw

Quiver's shot had little apparent effect, but that was no matter. Thumper swerved, approached from the side, jumped, and went to punch Von Nebula's big evil head.

OOC: I was under the impression that Hero Cuffs were supposed to be near-indestructible. Considering the kinds of villains they're made to hold, I doubt a few simple metal blades would be enough to mangle them like that. 

OOC: Marrow's blades were designed specifically to rip through metal very easily, especially the types of metal Hero Factory uses, so I didn't think it was too much of a stretch to say that the Cuffs were damaged. 

IC: Marrow - Uh Oh...

Marrow became very worried as it began to feel kind of...

sleepy...

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Eloise Thumper - Busting A Ghost's Jaw

Quiver's shot missed due to Von Nebula's sudden movement, but that was no matter. Thumper swerved, approached from the side, jumped, and went to punch Von Nebula's big evil head.

OOC: Oops, I didn't notice that Quiver had actually fired. I should actually edit that.

OOC: You can if you'd like, Fishers. I don't mind either way. C:

EDIT: I'll probably have to edit if you do though since Thumper is veering around to get at Von Nebula's big dumb face. And to edit out the bit where it says Quiver missed. Which is fine, and it'll probably take a grand total of five seconds.

IC: Ken Render - Astral Hallways

"Nice t' meet you. Ken Render."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

Selphi fussed with the straps of the thing until they were fastened properly to the organic's arm. "Magnifique."

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

She turned away to dispel the smirk that threatened to spread across her face. She glanced at her internal clock. Well, there's been no new arrivals, but Zib was apparently waiting for something despite her offer.

IC: Shellshredder- Some random person's house in the Grunge :P

Shellshredder kicked open the door, throwing his struggling victim through. Before the crook could recover itself the villain was upon it, picking it up by the head, draining away temporarily it's capacity to think. Shellshredder began to speak to it.

"Calm down, little one. Yes, that's it, calm down and listen to the sound of my voice." The crook was now noticeably calmer. Whether this was from it's lower brain capacity at this moment or that he drained it too far had yet to be found out. Without letting go of it's head, Shellshredder spoke again.

"Now, walk across the room slowly."

The crook slowly got up before it froze. Shellshredder, realizing he wasn't using enough power, increased the amount of hunger power he was using on the hapless crook's brain. However, this proved too much, and it fell to the floor in a heap, unconscious. Disappointed, Shellshredder looked around for a weapon, quickly finding a pistol to blast the hapless crook's brains out. He had no sympathy for the husk of metal lying before him, the former crook was beneath his concern. He left the building, disappointed but hopeful. Perhaps he would master it some other time. For now, however, there were likely other things for him to do.

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P