fishers64

OOC: You can if you'd like, Fishers. I don't mind either way. C:

EDIT: I'll probably have to edit if you do though since Thumper is veering around to get at Von Nebula's big dumb face. And to edit out the bit where it says Quiver missed. Which is fine, and it'll probably take a grand total of five seconds.

IC: Mona Selphi - Astral Medbay

Selphi fussed with the straps of the thing until they were fastened properly to the organic's arm. "Magnifique."

Edited. 

GM IC DR. LIE

"Thanks," he said. "That will be enough for now, I think you have other things you need to do." 

He didn't really want to stay in the medbay, given all the clacking of robots being repaired, but it would be better than trying to sleep on the floor of a cold cell. 

GM NPC VON NEBULA

The ghost screamed as a very hot glove passed though him, yowling and cursing. 

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer ducked out of the way of Thumper's punch to avoid getting hit, moving through the ghost on the other side of Von from the laser bars. Now the ghost was somewhat trapped, with the Heroes and the laser bars on two sides...but Stormer kept firmly in mind that the ghost could pass through the walls of the Astral. He was not anywhere close to defeated yet. 

GM NPC BULK

Bulk tugged on the Hero Cuffs, only to see rips in them widen. They wouldn't be sufficient to tug Marrow along. Instead, he took the levitation unit that he was still carrying and tried to affix it to the monster's back. 

GM NPC SURGE

Surge stomped onto the Astral. "Bulk and Stringer are finishing up, and then we'll leave, everyone. So get onboard!"

GM NPC ZIB

"Surge, your arms are shredded. Go to the medical bay for repairs right now."

GM NPC FORTIS (TALKING TO STRIKER, W/VEX & ROCKA)

"What I want to know," he said to Striker, "is why you were still on Antropolis when the planet showed up. We called for all Heroes to get off Antropolis and back here long before that."

OOC: I also edited.

IC: Mara Quiver - Villain Lockup

Her shot didn't even seem to upset him. She'd put Thumper in danger, and now Thumper would be in trouble if the ghost turned on her! She raised her rifle again- she could at least use it as a distraction, if need be. She hoped Thumper would be all right.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Kind Of Surprised

Thumper, somewhat expecting hot gloves would let her punch a ghost like she could punch anything else, was surprised when her fist went right through. This seemed to hurt the ghost, though. Well, it wasn't what she was used to, but she's be darned if she'd let incorporeality prevent a villain from seeing justice.

"In a cell, villain," she said loudly. "Or I'm gonna send you back to the other side! With my fist!"

OOC: I'm assuming the name 'Von Nebula' is well-known enough that most Heroes know he needs to be arrested.

~

She shrugged lightly, packing up. "Oh, I'm sure I will have plenty waiting for me. I am sure you're wise enough to figure this out, but please don't go wandering off. Even if they are injured, you are currently surrounded by Heroes and Hero Factory staff, and outside only gets worse."

~

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

While she was waiting, she figured she should check in with Flood. He hadn't reported back in, but perhaps he'd heard about Hero Factory on the news. She called.

"Hello?"

"Flood, this is Quark. How are you holding up?"

"It's... It's devastating, really, but I think I'll live. All the oil in Hero Factory's lake... It's a depressing sight, to say the least. Hopefully we can clean it out after this mission. There wasn't much I could do in person today."

"In... You're in Makuhero City? Why haven't you checked in?!"

"Sorry, Quark. I've been a little out of sorts. I spoke to Thumper earlier; I'm glad you are all okay."

"It's... fine. But you need to get to a ship. We're all leaving."

"Oh, I know. I'm on a ship with Furno."

Quark nodded to herself. "Well, hurry it up. There's enough stragglers, and you don't want to be the last of them."

"Yes, Quark. See you later. Flood out."

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - With Furno

He glanced at Furno after hanging up. "I find it relieving that so many people survived."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"Oh, yes ma'm! I'll-" he croaked - "totally fly into laser bars and destroy myself for you." He groaned, doubling over, only to find that doubling over does not reduce pain if you are a ghost.

OOC: Yeah, he's very well known at this point. Being Stormer's nemesis gets you some publicity. 

GM IC DR. LIE

"I'm going nowhere fast," he groaned. Given the options available, he'd be happy just to lay there for awhile. 

GM NPC FURNO

Furno shrugged. "Could have been worse." 

IC: Ruby

When the light first hit her eyes she sighed with relief.  As Splint and the others cleared more of the rubble away she said, "Thank you so much."  As they got most of her upper torso out she tugged at her scythe.  When it wouldn't come out, she checked to see what direction it was pointing and then turned it on, the scarlet blade stabbing upwards out of the rubble.  With a grunt and a wince she tugged it free.  "I can chop this beam up into pieces, just step back a bit first."  Then with a few swift cuts, she does exactly that, slicing the beam into much smaller pieces.  "That's about all I can do with this without cutting myself."

IC: Jonathan Splint and NPC Georje - Digging out Ruby

"Thanks. That helps a lot." With some effort, Splint picked up a slice of the pillar and set it aside, revealing part of Ruby's crushed legs. As he moved to grab the next segment, Georje attempted to scan his patient's Core energy again. The first scan had failed, and he wasn't sure why.

Edited by Shadow Unit#phntk#1

IC: Eloise Thumper - Villain Lockup

"That's very nice of you, but I was thinking more getting in a cell and then me turning on the laser bars, hombre."

~

"Good." She picked up her bag. "I hope not to see you on my table in the near future."

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - With Furno

"Absolutely. Though I suppose it could also have been a lot better... Ah, my team leader informed me that we are all leaving soon, and we'd best join them or risk being left behind. We could possibly just follow along in this ship, if need be."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

When the light first hit her eyes she sighed with relief.  As Splint and the others cleared more of the rubble away she said, "Thank you so much."  As they got most of her upper torso out she tugged at her scythe.  When it wouldn't come out, she checked to see what direction it was pointing and then turned it on, the scarlet blade stabbing upwards out of the rubble.  With a grunt and a wince she tugged it free.  "I can chop this beam up into pieces, just step back a bit first."  Then with a few swift cuts, she does exactly that, slicing the beam into much smaller pieces.  "That's about all I can do with this without cutting myself."

IC: Jonathan Splint and NPC Georje - Digging out Ruby

"Thanks. That helps a lot." With some effort, Splint picked up a slice of the pillar and set it aside, revealing part of Ruby's crushed legs. As he moved to grab the next segment, Georje attempted to scan his patient's Core energy again. The first scan had failed, and he wasn't sure why.

She winced as Splint lifted the piece off, then cringed again at the sight of her legs.

Georje would find that her power was low, but not dangerously so.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Who Ya Gonna Call?

"You look like you need to cool off," she suggested to Von Wobbly, opening a few of the capsules on her bandolier and attempting to send the water flowing into the villain, before abruptly raising its temperature to boiling point.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC VON NEBULA (BEING TORTURED)

"OWWWW ACCCCCKKKKK!"

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer decided to take a cue from his new found sarcasm sparring partner and rain some ice fragments down on the ghost. The combination of heat and cold would likely be more painful than just heat itself. 

• Upvote 2

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Late to the party

Gorn strode through the halls of the Astral, hand on his sword. On his way to the villain storage, he passed another hero, dragging the Titan he had defeated earlier away from whatever was going on. Gorn briefly considered assisting them, before deciding that he would be more useful in the fight. Arriving in the villain storage, Gorn was greeted with the sight of Von Nebula, getting his butt handed to him by Preston Stormer and another hero with elemental abilities. They appeared to have the situation under control, but still, Gorn wasn't going to pass up a chance to fight one of the greatest villains in history. Igniting his blade, He began to approach the fight, trying to find a good angle from which to strike.

IC: Jason Ferro- Quark Qruiser

Hearing Flood's name caught Ferro's attention. He would never have guessed that the underwater hero just happened to be a member of the team who owned this ship. It was good that Flood hadn't been injured in the battle. Ferro didn't really know him too well, but he seemed nice enough. A little strange, but still.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Marrow - Flying!

Marrow sleepily rattled its cuffs again as the levitation unit clipped onto its back. It began to float.

IC: Cobra Shard - Joining In The Fun

Shard heard a very familiar sound coming from a few rooms away. Could it be?

He moved down the corridor at a trot and poked his head around the corner of Villain Storage to see his suspicions confirmed: It WAS another ice Hero! And what was more, it was Preston Stormer himself!

Shard was awed by the sight of Alpha Team's finest blasting icicles into a villain, just like he'd always imagined, and didn't hesitate a second to join in the barrage with ice spikes of his own.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: ?

Somewhere in a galaxy far away, a squishy creature known to be a member of the notoriously disgusting "human" species allowed a single tear to slide down its cheek, mourning the lack of activity for a particular set of characters known as Focus, Blink, Uerub, and Necrissa.

• Upvote 5

IC: Eloise Thumper - Moral Conflict

She hesitated. When she punched that villain guy, she'd been surprised at how much damage that did, but figured he'd agree to the cell thing. But now, no one seemed to be giving him the option- the barrage seemed almost like it was aiming to kill.

She hesitantly lowered her gloves and said aloud, "This seems mean."

IC: Epix - The Astral (Hallways)

"Considering that I haven't said otherwise or attempted to bring you down to lockup again, it's not too difficult to figure out where we're heading," Epix growled. "For someone claiming to have superiority over me, I would've thought that you'd have pieced that together by now."

He paused for a moment as they neared a docking station.

"Think however you'd like, but the fact of the matter is that you don't. The only reason I'm even humoring your demand in the first place is so that you'll have something else to focus on for the time being besides interfering with our business, as I honestly don't see the point of building yourself a companion that, in all likelihood, you won't have the chance to spend much time with in the immediate future. If you were even half as intelligent as you seem to think you are, you would've been more preoccupied with that while you were still free instead of running off to fight Agent Stormer."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Sorry, but I forgot to mention: Shard and Stormer's ice attacks will likely have no effect. Ice doesn't have cold energy, it has a lack of heat energy. So no, cold and heat together won't have more of an effect; the heat will have an effect and the cold will just make the shooter look busy.

Actually, thinking about it, it might make the attack less effective. The heat energy will transfer to the ice due to the lack of heat energy, and some heat energy will be expended in melting the ice.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 3

OOC: So... Thumper and Weaver are the only ones actually doing anything... and everyone else is just trying to look like they're contributing? 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I mean Quiver helped but once that had pretty much no effect, she stopped and is waiting for another opportunity to help.

And no, Stormer and Shard aren't only looking like they're contributing; they're trying to look like they're contributing while in fact being counterproductive.

OOC: Weaver's opinion of the great Preston Stormer is diminishing with each passing moment... 

IC: Ken Render - Astral Hallways

"Nice t' meet you. Ken Render." Render glanced up the hall. "I'll have to slap cuffs on ya when we get there, just so ya know, pardner."

"Don't take it personally but I'd rather not have met you.  Still, you're a whole lot more friendly than just about every other hero I've met so far."

OOC: Night Stalker is already wearing cuffs.  I didn't have him reply to that part because I figured you'd want to edit that out.

Edited by Vestak

IC Kaiba:

"Your intelligence is not what I consider inferior, but rather the method of which you attained it. Call me old fashioned, but I'm of a mind that Quaza powered beings are inherently unstable."

He paused, "Though I suppose you don't have to deal with data corruption or entropy, so there's that to be said for you."

OOC: I must apologize for my recent period of inactivity. I have been very busy with real life, and as such, my free time for things such as rp-ing has suffered. Now, just so I don't forget anyone, who aside from Focus' and Blink's players is waiting for a post from a character of mine?

OOC: Thanks, Vestak!

"Thanks, pardner. I try." He was almost there now, thank goodness. "So, what're you in for?"

IC: Epix - The Astral (Docking Station)

Finally arriving at their destination, Epix simply waited for Kaiba to do his thing.

"Just call your ship already."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Thanks, pardner. I try." He was almost there now, thank goodness. "So, what're you in for?"

"Attacking the factory and being affiliated with Traeferous.  That really didn't work out for me."

"Yeah, bein' a pardner in crime to mass murder and destroyin' a building full of do-gooders- not t' mention blowin' up the home of the people who do the arrestin'- typically don't sit too well with people." He chuckled.

IC: Crowley - Still Sneaky.

While he waited for the heroes to move off, Crowley set about quietly flicking the oily water off his scaly hide. Fuel from the wrecked ships had been seeping into the lake, and it seemed he'd brought some of it with him when he'd clambered out of the water. 

Hopefully neither of these heroes were packing flamethrowers... 

IC: Mr Vyle - Adrift on a Sea of Stars.

As the ship leisurely trawled through FTL, bound for a destination he didn't know or care about, the man known as Mr Vyle sat quietly, deep in thought. Hero Factory was destroyed, but the heroes themselves still existed. The various villainous organisations seemed more interested in squabbling among themselves than doing anything productive, and he himself was injured.

If he was going to have any chance of eliminating the heroes once and for all, he was going to need time, resources and allies.  

IC: Saracen Rune - Dejected.

Nex's announcement of Traferous' demise made him glance up briefly, but doubt quickly clawed its way into his mind, "I'll believe it when I see it," he muttered.

He'd fought Traferous, seem him survive explosions and dismemberment and dozens of other injuries that would've killed any other being. With no body, and only Nex's word to go by, there was no way of knowing for sure that the monster was truly gone. 

IC: Silvia Raine - Following the Call of Profit.

The Wolf Pup burst out of FTL and began to approach the former location of the planet Mechna. The portal - a shimmering wall of light unlike anything Silvia had seen before - now occupied the space where the planet had been, and seemed to still be expanding.

"Hello, can anyone hear me?" she opened up a broadcast on all frequencies, trying to figure out if anyone on the other side of the portal could pick her up... assuming, of course, the other side of the portal lead to something other than utter oblivion. "This is freelance pilot Silvia Raine, attempting to make contact with anyone on Mechna. Do you read me?"

IC: Markus Vex - Grumpy.

He stood there with his arms folded, listening to the conversation with a scowl that grew ever deeper with each passing moment...

IC: Anamnesis - No Place Like home.

Most of the other villains had already escaped the planet, or were in the process of trying to do so, but not Anamnesis. His shapeshifting capabilities, combined with the fact that everyone no doubt already though him fled or dead, meant he had no reason to run. Instead, he would hide, in plain sight. Take on a new form, mingle with the crowds, become one with the citizenry of Makuhero City.

Spotting a building that looked suitable for his purposes, he made his way inside, making his way to the upper floors and picking out the most spacious apartment he to take for himself. The current occupant tried to object, of course, but Anamnesis simply cut him down where he stood and took on his form and identity for himself, making a mental note to dispose of the body later. 

Once done, he began compiling a shopping list of items he'd need to buy, steal, or otherwise acquire in order to put his new plan into motion. This plan required time, above all else, but with the remaining heroes scattered and demoralised, he had plenty of that. 

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Having the Time of His Life.

With everyone else busying themselves doing actual busy things, Buckley decided to do something productive, and count how many individual panels made up the interior of the Lifeline. 

IC: The Creator - Always Waiting.

That was Vale accounted for, but... "Var Vicious, answer your comms," he snapped, "We're leaving." 

IC: The Caretaker - Impatient. 

She started to pace, her irritation and concern growing with each stride. The longer the New Dawn remained here waiting for The Creator and his companions, the greater the risk was to everyone on board the ark. 

And, the Caretaker lamented, My brother certainly seems to be taking his sweet time...

IC: The Deconstructor - A Whole New World.

The longer it gazed up at the mesmerising new sky, the more it began to wonder why the government hadn't done anything. Surely they had no way of knowing that the planet would survive the journey through the portal. There'd been no warning, no call for evacuation. Even the heroes who were supposed to show up hadn't done so.  

The foreman wasn't paid to think, only to obey, but even so, it couldn't help but wonder what was really going on here...

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Increasingly Unimpressed.

She reduced the water's temperature and pulled it back to her bandolier, glowering at the immensely unhelpful Stormer and Shard for a moment before returning her attention to Von Wobbly, "Ready to play nice, ghosty?" 

IC: Nexus Zander - Definitely Not Drunk. 

He followed the crowd out of the bar and into the street, still trying to make sense of what was happening. The only explanation he could think of was that the rift or portal or whatever had actually swallowed the planet, but... why hadn't there been any warnings?

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Villain Lockup

Thumper perked up a bit. She moved closer to the cells and gestured Quiver over. "Can you open one of these for the ghost?"

"H-He'll just f-float out the s-side," Quiver pointed out.

Thumper considered this conundrum briefly. "Maybe I can turn some of the cell boxes so the lasers face his cell?"

OOC: I must apologize for my recent period of inactivity. I have been very busy with real life, and as such, my free time for things such as rp-ing has suffered. Now, just so I don't forget anyone, who aside from Focus' and Blink's players is waiting for a post from a character of mine?

OOC: Gorn and Zib reviewed the footage from Plume's helmet, and decided that Var hasn't really done anything arrest worthy. Gorn informed her of this, then went to go deal with the situation in villain storage. Var's now free to leave, and she should probably do, since the Creator is trying to contact her.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

"Yeah, bein' a pardner in crime to mass murder and destroyin' a building full of do-gooders- not t' mention blowin' up the home of the people who do the arrestin'- typically don't sit too well with people." He chuckled.

IC: Night Stalker

"I can tell."  Night Stalker decided it was not a good idea to tell the whole list of his crimes.  It would simply add to what was probably already a life sentence.

IC: Ken Render - Astral Medbay

Render finally for Night Stalker over the threshold of the medbay. He pulled the villain over to a bed and, figuring he'd be sticking around to guard the guy anyway, decided to make small talk while e waited for a medbot to be free.

"So," he began, reaching into his bag. "Night Stalker. Were you made with that name, pardner? If you don't mind me askin'. Odd name to call a 'bot, is all."

IC Kaiba Blader:

"No retort this time? No matter."

He stepped forward into the bay, and raised his arm. A small panel slid back, exposing what looked to be an inbuilt data pad.

"I will try and bounce the signal off of the ships communications array, and we should know within about two hours if it worked..."

The panel slid back into place, and Kaiba's armor once more became seamless.

"Attacking the factory and being affiliated with Traeferous.  That really didn't work out for me."

OOC: Please use IC for your posts when posting IC. [/obligatory GM warning]

GM NPC BULK/STRINGER

Bulk and Stringer hauled Marrow onto the Astral. "Alright, Zib brains, get us out of here." 

GM NPC ZIB

"Alright, this is the LAST, I repeat, VERY LAST boarding call for the Astral. If you want to go with Mechna with us, stay on. If you don't, get off. This is your last warning."

OOC: Basically that's for Flint and Var Vicious; apparently Var was bunnyed (with permission) onto the Astral. And Flint was headed to the Astral but wasn't confirmed on. 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO/NEX

Seeing that nobody else was around to do the honors, the two fired up the Astral's engines. 

GM NPC SURGE

Surge arrived in the medbay. "Why are we using ship's resources to fix villains?" he said to Render as medbots came to attend to his own arms. "That seems counterproductive." 

GM NPC STORMER (BEING A REAL JERK)

Stormer, ignoring all of the OOC protests, intensified his ice blast to freeze the ghost in place. Then he smoothly shoved the ice into a cell, where it shattered on the floor in a cascade of crystals. 

GM NPC VON NEBULA

As someone else pointed out, Von Nebula's energy went down due to being frozen. As such, while he tried to pass through the ice to get out of the way of Preston's shove, his ghostly form was too slow to escape and he followed the stuff in, flickering back into existence on top of the ice shards. 

GM IC KAIBA BLADER'S SHIP (ANTROPOLIS)

The ship powered on, heading for Makuhero city.

Edited by fishers64

ICY: Cobra Counterproductive Shard - Living Up To His Name

Shard felt in immense surge of satisfaction as Stormer pushed the frozen guy into a cell. 

IC: Marrow - Being Imprisoned

Marrow snapped tiredly at the Heroes carrying it, but didn't have enough energy at this point to reach them from its position or do much damage even if it could. After a few tries to bite them, it gave up and just hung limply while they dragged it.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: I feel like you may have misinterpreted my impromptu science lesson.

See, as I said, ice doesn't have cold energy. It has a lack of heat energy. Think about it this way: water is made up of molecules. Heat energy causes these molecules to become excited, and when they're excited, they move and bounce around like crazy. When they have enough heat energy in them, they can't stay in that form anymore, because it's too constricting. If the water is in a solid form- that is, ice- the ice melts, because liquid form- water- allows the molecules to move more freely. When heated further, the water turns to a gas- vapour- because that allows the molecules to move even MORE freely. When there is less heat energy, the molecules are less excited, and the opposite happens.

Now, I'm no top tier physicist (biology is my forte and major), so I can't say what would happen if we froze an energy ghost. The issue I want to bring up is, physical objects don't affect Von Nebula. He's like a Ghost-type Pokemon. So, what Stormer is doing is essentially throwing physical objects at him with very little energy in them. Robot limbs, the walls of the ship, and even organic limbs contain energy, so I'd say that even the little energy the ice may have wouldn't affect him. In the case of the scalding water and Thumper's gloves, those were physical objects carrying heat energy. They were essentially transporting heat energy to Von Nebula's form.

Of course, if you were just hand-waving this in favour of science fiction physics, pay me no mind. It's really weird how hard stuff like a freeze ray would be to make, now that I think about it (it'd be like a reverse lamp that absorbs light rather than emitting it), but those are pretty prevalent in science fiction. And theoretically, freeze rays would have to have some kind of energy source, so...

OOC: I feel like you may have misinterpreted my impromptu science lesson.

See, as I said, ice doesn't have cold energy. It has a lack of heat energy. Think about it this way: water is made up of molecules. Heat energy causes these molecules to become excited, and when they're excited, they move and bounce around like crazy. When they have enough heat energy in them, they can't stay in that form anymore, because it's too constricting. If the water is in a solid form- that is, ice- the ice melts, because liquid form- water- allows the molecules to move more freely. When heated further, the water turns to a gas- vapour- because that allows the molecules to move even MORE freely. When there is less heat energy, the molecules are less excited, and the opposite happens.

Now, I'm no top tier physicist (biology is my forte and major), so I can't say what would happen if we froze an energy ghost. The issue I want to bring up is, physical objects don't affect Von Nebula. He's like a Ghost-type Pokemon. So, what Stormer is doing is essentially throwing physical objects at him with very little energy in them. Robot limbs, the walls of the ship, and even organic limbs contain energy, so I'd say that even the little energy the ice may have wouldn't affect him. In the case of the scalding water and Thumper's gloves, those were physical objects carrying heat energy. They were essentially transporting heat energy to Von Nebula's form.

Of course, if you were just hand-waving this in favour of science fiction physics, pay me no mind. It's really weird how hard stuff like a freeze ray would be to make, now that I think about it (it'd be like a reverse lamp that absorbs light rather than emitting it), but those are pretty prevalent in science fiction. And theoretically, freeze rays would have to have some kind of energy source, so...

OOC: Yarr, but if you freeze the ghost, you take away at least some of its energy. :???:

Edited by fishers64

OOC: I'm not sure he would be frozen in it, which is the issue. Since physical objects don't affect him at all. I'm not entirely sure about him losing energy; I would very hesitantly say yes, since he's made out of energy and might be losing it as it transfers to the lack of energy provided by the ice. This doesn't refute my thing from earlier, by the way. The heat energy would probably lessen the amount of Von energy that transferred to the ice.

That said, I'm very happy to err on the side of science fiction and say "freeze the ghost, why not". I was mainly clearing up the confusion in my post. I have been told I have a habit of explaining things with too much assumed knowledge, so I was worried I sounded confusing without knowing it.

~

IC: Ken Render - Astral Medbay

Render, remembering he'd used up most of his supplies in the explosion, instead raided a drawer. His gaze flicked to Surge. "Well, pardner, we'd be one sorry excuse for a Hero Factory if we let criminals die or sit around in pain all day."

~

IC: Mara Quiver - With Thumper

Quiver hastily closed the cell's laser bars, and politely refused Thumper's still burning hot high five.

IC: Var Vicious
Having nodded respectfully to Gorn as he left to no doubt apprehend yet another villain, Var now turned around and left the ship. Outside, while on her way to find wherever her ship and astro-droid were located, she found her damaged helmet, and saw that the communications light was blinking like crazy. She put her helmet on, and pressed the comms button, which let her hear The Creator calling for her to return. "I'll be right there. I just need to find my ship first." She switched to a channel directly to her droid. "R5-V0, do you read me? Where are you right now?"

IC: R4-V0
If a droid could sweat, R4 would be sweating buckets right now.

---

IC: Uerub Kalslann
Uerub looked back up at her comrades while waiting for some kind of an answer from whoever the periscope belonged to. If they could see under her helmet, they would notice a mild look of annoyance, due to having to wait for whoever was behind that periscope.

IC: Necrissia

Necrissia finally found the button for the audio system, and pressed it, causing a small speaker to rise out of the ground next to the periscope. She then spoke into a microphone, which transmitted her haunting voice through the speaker. "Who are you and what do you want?"