fishers64

IC: Mara Quiver - The Astral

"S-So... I g-g-guess we're homeless r-right n-now," she mumbled. "I'm s-sorry, I... I j-just... Today w-was a lot t-to deal w-with."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Canon characters are NPCs in this game. You are allowed to play as them to support your actions. However:
1. If a canon character is an integral part of a mission (their names are in the mission briefing at the top) they are under the control of the GM for the duration of the mission. You cannot play as them in this case. 

2. All players, including the GM, may play as said NPC. Their actions cannot cancel each other in an unrealistic way. In the event of a conflict, the first player’s post will stand unless I indicate otherwise.

3.All NPC interactions must be in character for that NPC. Having Stormer suddenly start break dancing is not allowed. Surge, on the other hand…

4.Be realistic in all NPC interactions. 

5.You are required to have at least one original character to join this RPG. You can’t randomly walk in here and start controlling NPCs. 

6.No non-canon NPCs are permitted. If you want a new character, post a new profile for them. 

OOC: Stormer and Zib have been green npcs throughout this entire mission. Taking into account the fact that players used to take control of Zib for their own purposes all the time without consequences, I think it's safe for Zippy to take control of Stormer as long as she doesn't have him break dance.  :)

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: Unless, of course, there's a valid in-game reason for him to breakdance. 

• Upvote 4

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Thanks, guys!

OOC: Unless, of course, there's a valid in-game reason for him to breakdance. 

I'm pretty sure we shut down the portal with some kind of epic galactic dance-off.

I don't know enough to give Stormer an actual plan, so we might be milling about while waiting. Here is my very poor attempt to give people something to do.

~

IC: Preston Stormer and Dorothy Quark - Outside

"The plan is to shut down the portal," Stormer replied. Quark frowned.

"You know what I mean. How are we to go about this? Are we barging in, or are we taking a more subtle approach? Diplomatic, or are these people beyond that now?"

"I'll let you know once the others arrive," said Stormer. "One of the members of your team knows about machine work, right? Is he coming?"

"I figured we would need someone with extensive knowledge on the subject. He'll be along."

"Running a little late, is he?"

"It's odd, for him. But he did mention having to restock his supplies before leaving."

Stormer hummed thoughtfully before glancing over the crowd of Heroes before him. They were milling about, waiting to move. He called over the crowd, "Look alive, Heroes! We're moving out shortly. We're not coming back if you've forgotten to bring anything, so take the time now to make absolutely sure you are ready for this mission."

~

IC: Mara Quiver - The Astral

Quiver nodded, but didn't seem convinced. She felt horrible for it, but she couldn't stop thinking about home. She hoped she wasn't causing Forticus too much bother with her sad mood.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: ???- All part of his evil plan

"It's not meant to be funny to you."

The robot was gesturing with his hands, seemingly to emphasize his point.

"But, I'm sure that someone would find this funny. Or maybe they would be irritated and confused, like you. We'll never know, because no one else is here."

Without giving any visual indication that he had done something, the robot pulled the key to his hand with the strongest magnetic fields he could muster. He had been using his gestures to position the hand in such a way that the key would have to go through the organic's torso to reach it. Now, the robot was unfamiliar with the durability of organic bodies, so what was going to happen next could play out in a number of ways. The key would either tear straight through, seriously injuring or possibly killing the organic, or it would pull the whole organic towards him, putting them within shield bashing range, where the strength that resulted from his robotic nature would allow him to do considerable damage.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Crowley - Ship.

The key suddenly leaped from the floor and slammed into his sternum, knocking the wind out of him. A bullet might have ripped right through him, but a set of keys had greater area and less velocity behind them, and so instead tore through his hide to become stuck against his ribcage. 

He scrambled backwards with a whine, twisting around to face his assailant once more. As he did, the keys began to shift sideways, ripping a ragged wound across his flesh before flying back to his opponent's shield. "You're going to regret that," he wheezed, his chest aflame with agony. It felt like a few of his ribs were cracked or bruised, and he could feel blood trickling from his new wound. He willed a sheen of plasma to drip from his skin and trickle over the wound, cauterising it to prevent further blood loss, then turned his attention back to his assailant. 

"Last chance," he coughed. He didn't want to kill the infuriating machine; contrary to what everyone seemed to think, he didn't enjoy committing murder, "Let me take this ship, or I'll destroy it and trap us both." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: ???- Negotiations

"Here's the thing you don't seem to understand: I won't be stuck here. There are no warrants out for my arrest, the Hero Factory doesn't even know that I exist, and I have access to a large sum of money. I presume the same cannot be said about you, particularly the first one. I will have no problem finding a way off of this planet. It may take me a little while, but I'll do it. Damaging my ship will accomplish nothing, other than sealing your own fate."

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: I know, I know, I'm not supposed to double post, but seeing as how I don't want to edit this into the above post, and it's been almost 24 hours since the last post, I think maybe an exception could be made? This is a profile anyway, so it's not like I'm just double posting ICs or something. Either way, here comes a new villain profile.

Villain Profile: 

Name: Whirl

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Whirl is frighteningly proficient at using the helicopter blades on his back for flying and manoeuvring in the air. He's also proficient at firearm usage, as well as at fist fighting, and is extremely strong to top. His armour is quite durable, and his internal components aren't very easy to damage. Not that he's by any stretch invincible, he's just a tough nut. He owns two high-power energy pistols that pack quite the punch with each shot.

Appearance: Whirl basically looks like Rotor, but larger, bulkier, but with a sleeker and more advanced looking armour design. The helicopter blades on his back are a bit larger than Rotor's too, and there are several thrusters on his back he can use to assist with manoeuvring. Like Rotor, his armour is orange and black, with some red glowing lines across his armour, and two bright red glowing eyes. 

Bio: Built as an improvement on the Rotor design, Whirl was sent out to hunt down and bring back Rotor to their shared homeworld, dead or alive.

Approved. 

OOC: Time to retcon Delta out of Project Hatchet. Since said group never actually interacted with anyone, I don't really think this should pose any problem.

Villain Profile: 

Name: Delta

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons:

• Delta is able to manipulate the fundamental forces of reality in a five meter radius around himself. That includes the Electromagnetic force and Gravity, as well as the weak and strong force. How ever, altering these forces requires equivalent energy from himself, which means he cannot split atoms as he sees fit. Also worth noting is his inexperience in using his powers, meaning he is not yet able to access the full potential of them, leaving him with only crude manipulation of gravity and the electromagnetic force. The electromagnetic force he can only control through either electricity or magnetism, and is incapable of directly altering electromagnetism itself. 
  • His "hero core" is nothing like what present day heroes use. Shunning the quaza completely, it instead opts for a singularity matrix, which never has to be recharged as the singularity continues to recharge the power storage units. The power storage units also have far greater energy capacity than present day hero cores, meaning he has more energy at his disposal.

Appearance: Delta looks like nothing from this time period. His form is complex and graceful, the parts all come together to form one being that looks as close to the text book definition of perfection as is possible. His white smooth form is decorated with beautiful hexagonal grid details, contrasting large sections that are plain and smooth. These two elements form an elegant dance across Delta's armour, with the occasional light lines glowing light blue. A light blue glowing delta symbol is indented into the centre of his smooth and beautifully curved chestplate. His face is completely smooth, aside from the cheeks which are indented and decorated with the same hexagon grid detailing as the other parts of his body. The eye holes are angled rhomboids, through which can be seen light blue glowing eyes that seem to extend all the way under the holes.

Bio: Delta comes from a far future, and was constructed only a relatively short while before leaving his own time period. It is unknown how he managed to get back into the past, but any knowledge he has is of events that happened shortly before his time period, which means he has no knowledge of any events in the soon to come future.

Approved. 

OOC: So, things have been a little slow around here- I'm pretty sure Fishers has been super busy lately with something. I was thinking of taking over Stormer, so at least some of us are being nudged along in the right direction- I don't know what Stormer's/Fishers' plan is, and I'm not sure if we know enough as players to get the ball proper rolling, but I can at least try and get some player interaction going until she gets back. Does anyone know if Stormer's available for players to play as for interaction? I'm pretty sure he's a green NPC, but I'm not entirely sure he's allowed to be played with. Augh, taking over NPCs is hard. >:v

OOC: Yes. And noted. I was wondering why NPCs weren't being taken over by players, now I have an answer. :) 

OOC: With his revival fully underway, I think it's about time I got this up.

The Legend Will Continue!

Echo Will Be..

REBORN!

Villain(?) Profile: 
Name: Echo

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Echo’s sonic powers were lost with his original body, but his skill-set is very similar to what he wielded as a Hero. His powers and abilities have changed in the following ways:

• His agility and speed remain the same as before, but his armor has actually decreased, giving him almost no protection. A simple knife won’t hurt him, but anything beyond and he’s going to feel it.
  • His echolocation has been replaced with a passive 6th sense that remains active at all times instead of needing to be channeled, but has a much shorter radius. This power makes it nearly impossible to sneak up on Echo and also prevents him from getting lost in most situations (mazes and things like that will still confuse him), but cannot be used to map out entire complexes like his old echolocation power.
  • His concussion shot has been replaced with a simple telekinetic force that allows him to push, pull, or otherwise manipulate small objects within a short distance. The farther away or bigger an object is, the less power he has to affect it. He also has to be able to see whatever he’s manipulating. Examples of this power in action would be pulling a gun from the floor to his hand or flipping a light-switch from across the room. Echo can use this power to stagger an opponent, but it doesn’t even have half of the impact of the original ability.

*His hacking prowess, sound dampeners, and enhanced hearing remain the same as before. When in combat, a failsafe program automatically turns Echo's audio-receiving-volume down so that loud noises such as gunshots won't overload his sensors. This makes his hearing a bit below average while fighting, but far superior to standard sensors otherwise.

Echo’s new weapon, while still melee, is unusually clean for him, with no fancy moving parts or serrated edges: A black claymore. Echo’s gaunt appearance is a bit misleading, as he is strong enough to wield this blade effectively with one hand.

Appearance:
 Echo’s new body is built similarly to his previous one, tall and thin, though thin is bit of an understatement for his skeletal new frame. He wears plain black robes with a single silver pauldron on his left shoulder and sliver three-toed boots on his feet. His head remains largely unchanged, although it now sits on a hunched neck. Despite the neck however, Echo’s new form is substantially taller than his old.

P1390127.JPG

*More pictures on both Lego.com and Flickr

Bio: Echo was one of Hero Factory’s brightest hackers before he was betrayed and murdered by fellow Hero Matteo Focus. Echo died a true Hero, defending two criminals even though they had tried to destroy him and the rest of the Factory long before. He gave his life in vain, however, as one of the criminals died in the fight and Focus took the other as a captive. The criminal wasn’t the only thing Focus took with him when he fled the Factory however; the Rogue Hero had cut out Echo’s mangled quaza core, intent on reviving the fallen Hero without the moral parameters that had been coded into his original programming so that they might be friends once again. With the help of a mysterious bounty hunter, an alien Pluppy, and an evil mechromancer, Focus managed to resurrect Echo. What will this reborn paladin of justice do, now that his mind and body have been altered so drastically? Only time will tell…

Echo is from this point on liberated from his status as a lawful good character and has become CHAOTIC GOOD. His mind is fragile as a result of his death, revival, and subsequent reprogramming however, and he always feels as if he has just lived through a traumatic experience but can’t quite remember what it was. While his stable, introverted personality remains on the surface, he is mentally scarred deep down and even the simplest unpleasant event may tip him temporarily into a fit of brief insanity or depression.

*Yes, yes, I know it looks like he's got more powers than he should, but it's pretty much just a slightly modified version of his original profile so I didn't think it would be a problem.

Also, should I go back and add this to the old Echo profile post, leave it here, or just delete Echo's original profile and put this in instead?   :???:

EDIT: No idea what's going on with the weird formatting here. It's randomly bold-ing a bunch of stuff it shouldn't...

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: With his revival fully underway, I think it's about time I got this up.

Echo Will Be..

REBORN!

Villain(?) Profile: 

Name: Echo

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Echo’s sonic powers were lost with his original body, but his skill-set is very similar to what he wielded as a Hero. His powers and abilities have changed in the following ways:

• His agility and speed remain the same as before, but his armor has actually decreased, giving him almost no protection. A simple knife won’t hurt him, but anything beyond and he’s going to feel it.
  • His echolocation has been replaced with a passive 6th sense that remains active at all times instead of needing to be channeled, but has a much shorter radius. This power makes it nearly impossible to sneak up on Echo and also prevents him from getting lost in most situations (mazes and things like that will still confuse him), but cannot be used to map out entire complexes like his old echolocation power.
  • His concussion shot has been replaced with a simple telekinetic force that allows him to push, pull, or otherwise manipulate small objects within a short distance. The farther away or bigger an object is, the less power he has to affect it. He also has to be able to see whatever he’s manipulating. Examples of this power in action would be pulling a gun from the floor to his hand or flipping a light-switch from across the room. Echo can use this power to stagger an opponent, but it doesn’t even have half of the impact of the original ability.

*His hacking prowess, sound dampeners, and enhanced hearing remain the same as before. When in combat, a failsafe program automatically turns Echo's audio-receiving-volume down so that loud noises such as gunshots won't overload his sensors. This makes his hearing a bit below average while fighting, but far superior to standard sensors otherwise.

Echo’s new weapon, while still melee, is unusually clean for him, with no fancy moving parts or serrated edges: A black claymore. Echo’s gaunt appearance is a bit misleading, as he is strong enough to wield this blade effectively with one hand.

Appearance: Echo’s new body is built similarly to his previous one, tall and thin, though thin is bit of an understatement for his skeletal new frame. He wears plain black robes with a single silver pauldron on his left shoulder and sliver three-toed boots on his feet. His head remains largely unchanged, although it now sits on a hunched neck. Despite the neck however, Echo’s new form is substantially taller than his old.

P1390127.JPG

*More pictures on both Lego.com and Flickr

Bio: Echo was one of Hero Factory’s brightest hackers before he was betrayed and murdered by fellow Hero Matteo Focus. Echo died a true Hero, defending two criminals even though they had tried to destroy him and the rest of the Factory long before. He gave his life in vain, however, as one of the criminals died in the fight and Focus took the other as a captive. The criminal wasn’t the only thing Focus took with him when he fled the Factory however; the Rogue Hero had cut out Echo’s mangled quaza core, intent on reviving the fallen Hero without the moral parameters that had been coded into his original programming so that they might be friends once again. With the help of a mysterious bounty hunter, an alien Pluppy, and an evil mechromancer, Focus managed to resurrect Echo. What will this reborn paladin of justice do, now that his mind and body have been altered so drastically? Only time will tell…

Echo is from this point on liberated from his status as a lawful good character and has become CHAOTIC GOOD. His mind is fragile as a result of his death, revival, and subsequent reprogramming however, and he always feels as if he has just lived through a traumatic experience but can’t quite remember what it was. While his stable, introverted personality remains on the surface, he is mentally scarred deep down and even the simplest unpleasant event may tip him temporarily into a fit of brief insanity or depression.

*Yes, yes, I know it looks like he's got more powers than he should, but it's pretty much just a slightly modified version of his original profile so I didn't think it would be a problem.

Also, should I go back and add this to the old Echo profile post, leave it here, or just delete Echo's original profile and put this in instead?   :???:

EDIT: No idea what's going on with the weird formatting here. It's randomly bold-ing a bunch of stuff it shouldn't...

Approved. 

OOC: Quick question: If Echo is skinny and spindly and basically altogether frail, how does he also have increased strength? It feels like the claymore would be a bit unwieldy for him one-handed- two-handed I could accept, though. Sorry, everything else seems all right with Echo, I am just a little confused on that one point.

Also, @Fishers: I hesitate to take over NPCs usually- it just feels weird- but this time, when I figured I could at least help move people, the situation was that I had no idea what to do, legitimately. I mean, I could attempt, but that had the possible consequence of ending badly not just for me but for everyone else who somehow saw fit to approve of placing me in charge of something.

GM NPC STRINGER

"It's going to be okay," Stringer said. "We're going to deal with it, and everyone is going to go home safe. Okay?" 

IC: Saracen Rune - Pessimistic.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," he muttered quietly, thinking back to the dozens of corpses likely still buried beneath the ruins of the fallen Hero Factory. 

GM IC ??? (TALKING TO THE DECONSTRUCTOR)

"Perhaps knowing that the damage to the ride was caused by Heroes might make the job more worth your while," he sneered into the phone.

IC: The Deconstructor - Baffled.

His limited logic circuits were unable to decide which was more confusing - that heroes were on Mechna, or that they were breaking fairground rides. "I... I'll..." he trailed, a thought occuring to him, "Do the heroes have access to information on my past?" His only past crime had been committed on Mechna itself, so he thought it unlikely that Hero Factory would know about it, but he wanted to be certain before he went anywhere near them. 

"Not to my knowledge," the bureaucrat said. An brief pause as he opened a file. "No, they do not. We do not report crimes to the Hero Factory unless it would be to our advantage to do so, and your infraction definitely would not have fallen into that category." 

"Of course, opposing and fighting the Heroes would qualify as a crime. They view it that way, in their own twisted moral system." 

GM NPC STRINGER

Stringer shook his head. "You need a win, man."

OOC: Quick question: If Echo is skinny and spindly and basically altogether frail, how does he also have increased strength? It feels like the claymore would be a bit unwieldy for him one-handed- two-handed I could accept, though. Sorry, everything else seems all right with Echo, I am just a little confused on that one point.

OOC: He's not frail. He's about as strong as he was before and melee is kind of his specialty, so he can use the claymore to effect with one hand if he has to, but obviously it would be much better in a two-handed stance.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Also, @Fishers: I hesitate to take over NPCs usually- it just feels weird- but this time, when I figured I could at least help move people, the situation was that I had no idea what to do, legitimately. I mean, I could attempt, but that had the possible consequence of ending badly not just for me but for everyone else who somehow saw fit to approve of placing me in charge of something.

OOC: Again, noted. This NPC/GM relationship is a problem that I'm working on a solution for. 

OOC: Again, noted. This NPC/GM relationship is a problem that I'm working on a solution for.

OOC: I was thinking that you could choose a backup GM for when you're too busy to tend to the RPG. You would tell them exactly how the current mission is supposed to unfold, so they could advance the plot in your absence.

Echo Will Be..

REBORN!

OOC: And so, the beginning of the end has arrived...

IC: ???- Negotiations

"Here's the thing you don't seem to understand: I won't be stuck here. There are no warrants out for my arrest, the Hero Factory doesn't even know that I exist, and I have access to a large sum of money. I presume the same cannot be said about you, particularly the first one. I will have no problem finding a way off of this planet. It may take me a little while, but I'll do it. Damaging my ship will accomplish nothing, other than sealing your own fate."

IC: Crowley - Ship.

That was it. He'd had enough of selfish machines talking down to him, acting all superior and entitled, teasing and tormenting and threatening him. They seemed to believe that simply because they were better off than him, that they were better than him.

It was time to prove them all wrong.

"I warned you," he spat, raising his hands and sending searing blasts of green-white liquid light splashing across the interior of the cockpit, his nictitating membranes sliding into place to shield his eyes from splashback. Your move, metal man...

"Not to my knowledge," the bureaucrat said. An brief pause as he opened a file. "No, they do not. We do not report crimes to the Hero Factory unless it would be to our advantage to do so, and your infraction definitely would not have fallen into that category." 

"Of course, opposing and fighting the Heroes would qualify as a crime. They view it that way, in their own twisted moral system." 

IC: The Deconstructor - Mechna Streets.

"Very well. I'll head to the tourism sector, fix the ride, and keep an eye on the heroes." 

GM NPC STRINGER

Stringer shook his head. "You need a win, man."

IC: Saracen Rune - A Broken Man.

"You just don't get it, do you?" he sighed, "We can't win." 

OOC: @Rylinth: Fair enough! I think what confused me was the word "skeletal" used in describing him. That typically brings to mind that a person has little to no muscle on them, which, combined with the mention that he has less armour, made me picture a physically weaker individual. I think I get you, though. He's all lean robo-muscle, right?

Also misread the increased strength part as being MORE strength apparently. I shouldn't post while tired. Will, but shouldn't. Sorry to bother you about it, and thank you for clarifying!

@Fishers: Honestly, it was fine. Were it Surge or Bulk or Breez or whoever else isn't currently doing big stuff, I could've just kept up that interaction. The issue arose from Stormer's particular situation. I'm babbling a bit, just wanted to clarify I wasn't complaining.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

OOC: I was thinking that you could choose a backup GM for when you're too busy to tend to the RPG. You would tell them exactly how the current mission is supposed to unfold, so they could advance the plot in your absence.

OOC: You're the 3rd person to have read my mind. But I figure I should know what I'm doing myself, and actually do some real posting, before implementing a co-GM plan and shoving that poor person into the shark tank. If I'm not willing to put in effort myself, I should not expect that from someone else. 

Previously I've had some negative co-GMing experiences that I don't want repeated. Therefore, I shall not repeat them. Further, I would like input from the players as to who it should be, as opposed to me just selecting someone, to avoid the "this player is better than all the others" thing going on. If that cannot be done, I will pursue another solution. 

OOC: With a lot of the other single-GM RPGs I've been involved in, the games tended to be set up in such a way that they didn't require constant input from the GM. Players could be left to their own devices for days, sometimes weeks, without the GM actually having to do anything. 

So perhaps you should look at doing something along those lines to ease the load? Make the main missions smaller and further apart, giving room during and between them for players to create and pursue their own subplots, or something? Now, to be clear, I'm not suggesting that you give us all free rein to go make up our own private planets and slave armies and whatnot, just that the main missions be set up in such a way that doesn't end with every single player character flocking to them because it's the only way to get interaction. 

That way, we don't run into the issue of the entire playerbase becoming stalled in one place waiting for posts every time you're indisposed. 

Edited by The Old Master
  • Upvote 1

IC: Whirl

The large orange and black titan sat at his table in the corner, wearily eyeing everyone else as they passed by. For but a moment, the tv-screen caught his eyes, broadcasting a live-feed from the Astral landing site. Whirl scoffed. "Heroes... Who need's 'em?" He was about to go back to evil-eyeing his fellow patrons when suddenly, he caught a glimpse of something... familiar. It looked like... Rotor? No, it couldn't be. He was too small. And yet, the similarities were there...

"What to do..." Whirl mused as he tapped his taloned fingers on the table. "What to do, what to do?" Whirl quickly stood up from his table. This small Rotor-lookalike could be the source of the rumours of Hero Factory using Capone code in their creations... "If that's true... then I'm going to have to take this one in too." Whirl exited the bar and started for the sky. He'd have to be clever about this. Although he had little respect for the heroes, he knew what they were capable of, and knew not to underestimate them.

Whirl landed on a roof some ways away from the Astral landing site and took out his goggles, zooming in on the group of heroes standing by the ship. "I'll have to isolate him before I can capture him..." Whirl thought out loud, pondering how he was going to accomplish that.

• Upvote 1

IC: The Creator - New Dawn, Hangar Bay.

Glistening flaps of muscle slid open, and The Creator stepped through the opening, entering the hangar. "Are you two using your own vessels for this, or are we all going together this time?" 

"Maybe you should've taken better care of it?" He suggested, stepping up to nearest dropship - one of the Dawn's numerous children - and gently stroking its fleshy hull. It made an excited purring sound in response. "That's right, girl. We're going for a fly."

IC: Shade - Astral

Shade exited the charging station fully charged, and made his way to the Mission Control deck to see if there was anything new afoot. As he walked in, he saw Zib and asked the poor overworked bot if there was anything Shade could help out with.

OOC: I'd have Zib respond myself if I knew what Hero Factory would officially tell an assassin to do on a job like this.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

"Very well," the dropship opened its secondary mouth to let them on board, then detached itself from the fleshy hangar wall. Once everyone was seated, The Creator opened a comms channel to the bridge, "We're ready to depart. Open the hangar door." 

Moments later, the New Dawn's hangar bay opened wide, the sudden onset of vacuum sucking the dropship straight out into space. It drifted for a few moments, before powering up its engines and flying down through the portal. 

IC: Blink - Evil Lair Of Evil

"Well, if he doesn't need us anymore, we shouldn't get in the way," Blink whispered to Uerub, tugging on the bounty hunter's sleeve. She'd seen a real live witch and drunk genuine tea for the first time, two things to scratch off the bucket list, but she didn't exactly feel like sticking around in this creepy basement to achieve any more life goals, especially if the witch was about to do some arcane ritual, as it seemed apparent she was preparing to do.

OOC: With a lot of the other single-GM RPGs I've been involved in, the games tended to be set up in such a way that they didn't require constant input from the GM. Players could be left to their own devices for days, sometimes weeks, without the GM actually having to do anything. 

So perhaps you should look at doing something along those lines to ease the load? Make the main missions smaller and further apart, giving room during and between them for players to create and pursue their own subplots, or something? Now, to be clear, I'm not suggesting that you give us all free rein to go make up our own private planets and slave armies and whatnot, just that the main missions be set up in such a way that doesn't end with every single player character flocking to them because it's the only way to get interaction. 

That way, we don't run into the issue of the entire playerbase becoming stalled in one place waiting for posts every time you're indisposed. 

OOC: In some cases this RPG has run that way, already. In some cases, not. It's something I might incorporate, but I'm not sure it fully fits. 

Thanks for the suggestion, though. 

IC: Arsenal- Mechna's rooftops

As he awaited his answer, Arsenal saw another being land on a distant rooftop, seemingly also intent on spying on the heroes. He couldn't tell how they had gotten there due to the darkness and distance between them, but he assumed it had to be a jetpack, as there was no ship in sight. Regardless of their intentions, Arsenal decided that it would be best to try and remain inconspicuous. He quietly cloaked himself, before continuing to wait for his contact to answer him.

IC: Scourge- Still walking

Exactly what it says on the tin.

IC: ???- Broken ship

The robot seemed unimpressed as he watched the control panels melt away, rendering his ship unusable. Internally, however, he was fuming.

"Now tell me, what did that accomplish? You're now stranded here permanently, and I'm... mildly inconvenienced. If all organics are prone to tantrums such as this, it's a wonder you're still allowed on civilized planets at all."

IC: Crowley - Ruined Ship.

This guy definitely had a superiority complex of some kind. Or maybe he simply enjoyed being a condescending jerk and making empty threats. "I gave you plenty of warnings," he rasped, tertiary eyelids sliding back open, allowing him to see clearly once more, "But unlike you, I make good on my threats." 

IC: Nexus Zander - Mechna Streets. 

This situation just kept getting progressively more complicated. First the planet got swallowed by a giant space portal, and now their were heroes landing in the tourism district. Heroes. On Mechna. Apparently, nowhere was safe anymore.

But curiosity got the better of him, and he started off towards their landing site nonetheless. They couldn't arrest him, after all. He hadn't committed any crimes that would've put himself on Hero Factory's radar, and he had no outstanding fines, warrants or bounties on any of the planets whose records Hero Factory might've had access to. 

"Scout ahead for me," he instructed Gleam, nudging the wyvern from his shoulder. She took to the air, drifting on the air currents to eventually fall into a lazy circle high above where the hero ship had landed. 

IC: Anamnesis - Makuhero City. 

As it turned out, nanites weren't terrifically complicated to produce.

Although they were extremely small and complicated, they were made up of quite basic materials, which he harvested by breaking down all of the unnecessary household appliances scattered around the apartment that he had no use for. And even though he lacked the proper equipment with which to assemble the tiny machines, once he'd had a closer look at some designs online, he was able to shapeshift parts of his own form into the required shape.

But he'd already known that creating the nanites themselves wasn't going to be hugely difficult. No, the hard part was going to be the actual programming of them.

Edited by The Old Master

IC: ???- Ruined ship

"That, you do. Though, I don't recall making any threats. I was merely stating the obvious. By destroying your only means of escape, you've sealed your own fate. You can't live in the wreckage forever."

The robot jumped off of the ship, landing next to it.

"Eventually, the heroes will return here. When they do, they'll find you. I'm assuming you have something to do with all of this, so I'm sure they won't be happy to see you. You're responsible for the deaths of many of their friends, you know. I'm sure there's a good chance one of them will kill you."

The robot turned to face the ship, before promptly repelling it from the wreckage it was sitting on, as well as himself and some other pieces of junk near him. This would cause the vessel to violently flip over with the organic inside.

"Unless, of course, I do it myself."

IC: Crowley - Wrecked Ship.

The ship lurched sideways, and Crowley dug himself in, pressing his hands and feet up against the walls and floors to prevent himself from being flung around as the ship rolled and pitched. A few loose items bounced off his hide, one of them cracking across his injured chest, causing him to let out a pained yelp. 

Once it stopped moving, he scrambled out of the ship and into the open, before raising his hand and flinging a glob of crackling plasma at the robot's chest. 

Edited by The Old Master

IC: Morphos - Let's see if I can do something with him this time

So Hero Factory had come to Mechna.  Big surprise after what just happened.  Morphos would have stayed and started to rebuild, but then again, he was not a hero.  They had work to do, whether or not they're home was destroyed.  He wondered if they were tracking down that hero who too off with Uerub.  Actually, they were probably here about the portal.  Morphos could have done without the hole the the plane of existence, but maybe he could make some quick cash off it by letting the Heroes know one of their own rogues was here.  He take them to the general area and point them in the direction they headed.  With that plan in mind, Morphos set out from the Grunge, heading for the tourist district.

GM NPC FURNO

Furno sighed. "I didn't exactly expect a group of villains to take us on vacation." The two approached the main city, only to see the massive fleet that they were following land in front of a vicious looking dark castle, right where the main Hero Factory would have been. 

The radio continued on. "The manhunt for Mr. Makuhero continues after his daring escape from prison last week. The appearance of the strange portal in the sky may or may not be connected to his violent dissappearance."

Indeed, as Furno and Flood circled the castle, they would notice that part of the walls had been ripped into, leaving a black hole. Faint traces of energy could be seen crackling on the inside. 

GM IC ??? (TALKING TO ARSENAL)

"They are not important. If they are valuable, we will keep them safe. If not, we will dispose of them." 

GM NPC SURGE (TALKING TO RIOT)

"It's this way. I'm Surge. You're Riot, right? The secret agent?" 

OOC: Where would one bring a prisoner who wished to dispute the terms of their sentence?

I guess the best you could do is take them to the place they picked up the charges from.

OOC: Except Hero Factory doesn't seem to care about other planet's laws. For example - not turning Rotor over to his home planet for execution. In Kaiba's case, though, most of the charges against him probably came from Hero Factory itself. So, uh, I guess he can go complain to Makuro or something?

OOC: Kaiba hasn't really been charged with anything. Stormer might charge him with fighting him. Epix could bring charges if he wanted to, and lock Kaiba up for what he did. Makuro would probably ask Zib if Kaiba was an actual threat. He's an inventor, not a judge. 

GM NPC STORMER

"We're going for a fair mix of diplomatic and forceful here. We'll talk first, but keep our hands on our weapons." He then turned to the civilians. "Get to a safe place, and stay away from these ships. We don't want you to get hurt in a fight or in an evacuation situation." 

GM IC ???

A loud crash sounded near the Heroes as a Tilt-a-whirl wheel came off of its moorings, spinning over the Astral's thick armored wings and landing next to the civilians. No one was riding the ride at the time - and no one was hurt - but it was enough to convince all of the civilians to get out of there, heading to the tourist district spaceport. 

Edited by fishers64