fishers64

IC: Dorothy Quark, Eloise Thumper and Timothy Gyro - Amusement Park

Quark nodded at Stormer, before gesturing to the two flying Heroes, Gyro and Scarlet. "You two. Take to the air, make sure we're not walking into anything we don't want to be in the middle of. I don't like the sounds of this."

Right on cue, the Tilt-A-Whirl flew off. Gyro flinched, and then nodded hurriedly. "Uh... Gonna say the air's sounding real good right now. C'mon, Kat."

As he lifted off, Quark said, "Thumper, make sure there's no one inside that thing with the, frankly, impeccable timing."

Thumper nodded and jogged over to the machine. After a few minutes, she gave a thumbs-up; apparently, from some stroke of luck, no one was on board.

"All right." Quark turned back to Stormer. "Diplomatic. We might want to bring a smaller group into the government building itself, with the others waiting as backup. While a big group of Heroes demanding answers might intimidate answers out of them, there's an equal chance it will make them respond with force. Before that, though, perhaps we should investigate that ride. Either this is one dodgy amusement park, or someone wanted to give us a very lively welcome."

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Furno's Dropship

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Flood. "I wonder what the portal-maker sought to gain in bringing that planet here. And what was that about Mr. Makuro disappearing?"

~

EDIT: Forgot to have Quark respond fittingly instead of a hand-wave and sending Thumper to check for corpses. Whoops.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Too burned out from typing up Chapter Two of Contagion to reply right now. Hopefully, I'll be able to whip one up after some sleep.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Bit of world-building stuff here. Feel free to call me on inconsistencies, on things you think should be different, etc.

25998057923_7d7ea962bd_c.jpg

Basically this is how I picture the galaxy to look, in 2-D. Sort of. Obviously, I think Streptos would have some 3-D offset from Makahero city. I picture Sigma Sigma to be somewhere in the middle of the asteroid area. Also there are things missing but this is what I think I've established so far. 

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer nodded. "Stay close, and stay away from any...rides...that could attack us." He looked over at a sign that read: "Try the spooky portal of doom. $5" on it that was covered over with a "Closed" sign. "Hmm." he said, walking that direction.

GM IC LARE & GREF & ???

Lare picked up the phone. "Boss? We have a problem. Heroes in the tourist district. One of the rides just came unhinged."

"You're calling at a really bad time," snapped the voice at the other end of the phone. "What do you want?"

"I want cookies," grumbled Gref. "Gref want to smash Hero." 

"We also have a bunch of villains trying to invade the tourist district," Lare said. "The civilians are fleeing. Should we let them in?"

"No villains in the tourist district," snapped the voice at the other end of the phone. "You know the rules."

"Yes boss," said Lare. He turned to Gref. "No Hero smash today. Villain smash."

"Villain smash!" said Gref excitedly.

IC: Dorothy Quark - Amusement Park

After waving for Thumper to rejoin the group, she followed Stormer towards the oddly relevant amusement ride. She said, dryly, "I think we might have already been on this ride, minus the price for entry."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Gleam - Airborne. 

Seeing the ride abruptly tear loose from its supports and go rolling across the fairground, the wyvern quietly moved in to get a closer look at where it had come loose from. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Okay, here's the way I see it.

Epix doesn't really have the grounds to charge Kaiba with anything Stormer wouldn't be able to, since he wasn't present for any of his other crimes, nor does he actually have proof that he committed any of them other than what he was suspected of doing inside of his case file. Sure, he'd probably still be wanted for questioning regarding those incidents, but since they were more or less passed on to The Recall for the sole purpose of capturing him, his job's pretty much done (aside from guard duty) as he wouldn't exactly have a role in that.

So if Kaiba somehow managed to convince Stormer not to press charges, Mr. Makuro decided that he wasn't a threat (yes, Fishers, he should have a say; he was responsible for creating him, after all), and he was able to stonewall all of those pesky NPC Heroes trying to charge him with stuff offscreen, then he should theoretically be able to leave The Astral as a free robot sometime within the next week or so of IC time, despite Epix's personal feelings on the matter. And that's not even factoring in the whole "Hero Brutality" investigation regarding Shade that he's currently got going for him (though I honestly doubt that's going to pan out), so it might be even shorter. Either way, I'll let the rest of you discuss the issue a bit more before continuing with the interaction.

Riot - The Astral (Hallways)

So close...

Wait a minute.

Did he just say secret agent?

Deciding that he couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a bit of fun at the other Hero's expense, a wry smile formed across his face.

"Yup, that's me. Agent Riot. Except I've got a license to thrill."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC GLEAM

If Gleam moved in much closer, she would feel a warning jolt of electricity. It wouldn't be enough to knock her out of the sky - yet. If she proceeded in spite of it, things would get much worse. 

GM NPC SURGE

"Geez, you're...I can't put my finger on it, but I don't like it very much," Surge said. "It's about as appealing as Tratix reptoid breath. Or being in asteroid war with a guy who can't agree with himself. Ugh."

Edited by fishers64

IC: Nexus/Gleam - Mechna.

"Keep your distance," he said quietly, feeling the sudden electric jolt as an abrupt influx of confusion and surprise through the connection he shared with Gleam. "I'm nearly there." He stopped outside the tourist district, looking for a way in, while Gleam circled back higher, away from the electric field. 

IC: The Deconstructor - Mechna.

Decon, too, was in the process of seeking out the nearest entrance to the tourist district. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Bit of world-building stuff here. Feel free to call me on inconsistencies, on things you think should be different, etc.

Basically this is how I picture the galaxy to look, in 2-D. Sort of. Obviously, I think Streptos would have some 3-D offset from Makahero city. I picture Sigma Sigma to be somewhere in the middle of the asteroid area. Also there are things missing but this is what I think I've established so far. 

Will this be added to the first post?

GM NPC STORMER

"This way, Heroes." He approached the sign. A waist-high fence with a padlock surrounded a boarded-up building. The boards were painted black in a vague attempt to look spooky. He froze the lock and smashed it before thinking about diplomacy. 

GM IC ???

The being slapped his hand down on a control button, and the giant portal above Mechna vanished from the sky. No one from the universe the Heroes left could now follow them into Mechna...and no one in this wretched universe they had entered, would be able to follow them out. 

"Dismantle the portal," he snapped at his underlings. "We will destroy this substance, and then the Heroes will never return."

GM NPC XT4 (MECHNA UNDERGROUND)

The mining and construction bot known as XT4 sauntered through his newly constructed tunnel, past metal of outdated machines that gleamed in his headlamp. Some days he just enjoyed wondering, fantasizing about turning all of these old machines into new ones. But XT4 was a simple mining and construction bot, so that was out of his reach. For the most part, he just smashed them. 

Now, he revved up his drills to do just that, emerging in a very old, abandoned building. He had been dispatched by the government to destroy an amusement park ride as an excuse to get Foreman Decon involved. He wondered if they knew about his secret tunnel when they asked him to do that. But more likely they just viewed him as expendable and dense, and probably thought he was in a cell right now...

Ha. 

He climbed up the wall, using his clawed arms for grip. At the top, he unclipped a sheet of black fabric, revealing a sign for all the world to see. Given that it took up the entire wall of the building, it would be hard to miss. It read "TOURIST RIDES, 'HEROIC' COMBAT, AND REVENGE. FREE." An arrow pointed to the door of the building.

GM IC GREF (TOURIST DISTRICT)

Gref, from his post, noticed Foreman Decon looking for the entrance to the tourist district. "Hey old man!" he shouted at the construction bot. "The entrance is that way!" He pointed to the tourist district main gate, which wasn't really that big. 

Will this be added to the first post?

EDIT: Yes. It has been added. I rearranged some sections in the FP to make it easier to read. Now, all those profiles I didn't add...:P

Edited by fishers64

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Follow The Leader.

"Hm... isn't breaking and entering a crime?" She chimed, peering at Stormer's handiwork. 

IC: The Deconstructor - Doing His Job.

"Thank you," he intoned flatly, gesturing for his team of construction drones to follow him into the tourist district. Once inside, it took little effort to locate the broken ride, or the ship that had brought the heroes. "This is Foreman Decon," he opened up his comms once more, "I've arrived. How do you want me to proceed?" 

No one from the universe the Heroes left could now follow them into Mechna...and no one in this wretched universe they had entered, would be able to follow them out. 

OOC: "And thus, only Rocka, Fortis, Striker and Vex were left. The galaxy was doomed."

• Upvote 1

OOC: I'm laughing so hard at poor Vex, Striker and friends all being the only ones left in the main universe. At least Vex is among his very best friends.

IC: Dorothy Quark and Eloise Thumper - Spooky Ride

Quark was right beside Stormer as they approached the spooky building. She was considering the building when she became aware of an immense presence behind her. She didn't need to turn around to know who it was. "Thumper. Where are Quiver and Render?"

"Mara's guarding the ship," said Thumper. "We thought it would be good to have some people staying behind. And Render... Um, I'm not sure, actually. We hadn't seen him since he went and took a villain to the Medbay. Sorry, Quark."

"Don't be. You're not the one who is late. In fact, I do think I could use your help." She waved her hand at the boarded up building. "Would you be able to take those boards off?"

Thumper grinned in reply, flexing her mechanical musculature, and set about ripping the boards free. Quark tossed the boards out of the way, to prevent people stepping on them when they walked through.

IC: ???- Ruins

The robot moved to the side in order to dodge the blast, though it still managed to graze his shoulder and cause him pain. Drawing his Plasma pistol, the robot fired rapidly in order to keep the organic from getting a clear shot, while simultaneously attempting to pull the ship over in order to crush them.

IC: Ferro and Gorn- Mechna

Both heroes followed Stormer and the others, with Gorn casually bisecting one of Quark's thrown boards with his sword as it flew near him. Ferro thought that was pretty cool.

IC: Arsenal- Mechna's rooftops

Arsenal was angered by this statement, but he didn't let it show. These tourists had no part in this. They shouldn't be forced to live in a dimension full of villains. Heck, Arsenal himself wasn't sure if he wanted to live in it yet. As his contact spoke, Arsenal witnessed the portal in the sky vanish without a trace. Now, he was truly trapped here.

"The portal is gone..."

IC: Scourge- Still walking

As they made their way over to the tourist district, the creature began to wonder if what was there was even worth all this effort.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Dorothy Quark - Spooky Ride

She gave a quizzical frown to the Hero who had evidently stepped over to the side where she was tossing the boards to swing his sword at them, but simply shook her head and said nothing. If he wanted to play with the planks while he waited, that was his business, she supposed. To the Hero who had spoken, she said, "Yes, breaking and entering is a crime. But Stormer has reason to believe that there's something here, and investigating suspicious places or activity is in our job description."

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Legal Quibbles.

"Our law, maybe." She replied pointedly, "But I thought Hero Factory had no authority on this planet... even when it was still in our galaxy..." 

IC: Crowley - Hasty Retreat.

He gave up on trying to return fire, and instead started scampering through the ruins, weaving between twisted sheets of metal and slabs of shattered concrete as he made a beeline for the lake shore. 

He wasn't a coward, but he knew when he was out of his depth. And against an opponent who could toss entire spaceships around like children's toys definitely outmatched him...

IC: Gabriel Bliss, Cobra Shard, and Alex Drift - Mechna

Bliss and Shard followed along behind Stormer & Co. while Drift split off from the main group to check out the broken ride.

OOC: Pretty sure now we're just waiting on a Necrissia post for her to finish up with the resurrection ritual thing.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

No one from the universe the Heroes left could now follow them into Mechna...and no one in this wretched universe they had entered, would be able to follow them out. 

OOC: "And thus, only Rocka, Fortis, Striker and Vex were left. The galaxy was doomed."

OOC: *Sigh* Does no one remember Ruby?  Where are Rocka and co.?  I need to get Ruby moving.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Legal Quibbles.

"Our law, maybe." She replied pointedly, "But I thought Hero Factory had no authority on this planet... even when it was still in our galaxy..." 

GM NPC STORMER

"We should have authority," Stormer said. "We have authority over the entire galaxy - at least in terms of civilians in danger." 

GM IC ??? (BOARDED UP ROOM)

Beyond the boarded up windows, the Heroes would see that the windows had been boarded up on the inside as well...but that job wasn't very good. Some beings were moving around rapidly doing something in the dark rooms beyond. Removing the boarding also revealed a metal door with a push panel to open it. 

"Heroes" one of the beings hissed. One of them grabbed a panel and pulled a grab handle with a strange substance inside it, and fled through an underground tunnel. The rest continued with their frantic dissembly, shoving control panels in boxes and grabbing computer units to flee with. 

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Authority Issues.

"Are you trying to say that heroes should be above the law?" She stopped, aghast, "Our job is to uphold the laws, not break them." 

IC Kat:

I boosted into the air past Tim, sticking my robotic tongue out at him as I went past.

OOC: As far as charges to Kaiba are concerned, I suppose assaulting a Hero could be considered, and even proven, though I don't know how willing Epix would be to put him away for such a relatively minor crime, especially given that Kaiba was only doing so due to antiquated and failing programming.

IC: Eloise Thumper and Dorothy Quark - Spooky Ride

Quark cursed, seeing the scene from one of the windows. She snapped at Weaver, "Save it for later!"

She kicked the door open as she grabbed her blaster. "Freeze! Hands where I can see them!"

Thumper squeezed by her and tried to stop some of the people disassembling their work. "Hey, stop that! We have some questions, you can do that later!"

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Rude

He gave a mock gasp of shock before gunning his blades in an attempt to catch up. Unfortunately, he wasn't as quick as her, and was falling behind. He grinned as he teased, "Rude, Kat! I'm telling Zib. You're gonna be so grounded."

-----------------------

OOC: Speaking of Vexing company...

...technically this counts as a GM error (unbalancing time so they get left behind), but it's so funny I'm going with it. 

GM NPC ROCKA

Rocka shrugged, lowering his voice. "Fortis is trying to figure out what was going on, whether Vex is right or not. Vex is a little short-tempered, I suppose." 

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Rocka

"Short-tempered?!" he hissed back. "The mook threatened me with a knife!"

IC: Markus Vex - Glowering.

Abruptly, an itch-like sensation came over his right auditory sensor. 

IC Striker:

"Well for one, I had to calm him down after Vex here nearly tried gutting his internal components.... So y'know, that took a little while....."

IC: Markus Vex - Nope.

"Don't you dare try to deflect this onto me," he scowled, "Calming people down isn't in our job description. You coulda just dragged his weasely butt onto the pod and left." 

IC Striker:

I could have, yes, but I'm not a sociopath like you are, Vex. Plus, I really didn't need to hear him sobbing all the way back,"

GM NPC FORTIS

Fortis sighed. This whole situation was too confusing. "Vex, I don't really find the charges of desertion to be founded." Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a strange military being and an even stranger organic creature engaging in combat. He wasn't sure what to make of that, either. "Rocka, go find out what he did on Antropolis. And he's staying with us. He's useful." 

GM NPC ROCKA

"I'd like to hear that explanation of what you did on Antropolis now." 

IC: Saracen Rune - Doing His Job.

Ignoring the debate between Stormer and Weaver, he fired a warning shot through the boarded windows. "Stand down, stop where you are!" He didn't care about the legalities. He had a job to do, and he was going to do it.

IC: The Creator - Dropship.

Mere moments after the dropship made it through the portal, the entire thing snapped shut behind them. "Well, it looks like we have little choice but to investigate now," he mused to the others, beginning to steer the ship down towards the surface... 

IC: The Caretaker - New Dawn, Command Bridge. 

She sighed, watching as the portal spiraled shut. Through the Interface, she felt a pang of pain and concern as the Dawn lost all contact with its child dropship. "What have you gotten yourself into this time, brother?"

IC: Markus Vex - Ruins. 

"Since you guys don't need me anymore..." he grumbled, kicking at a chunk of rubble as he idly wondered if the warehouse he'd rented on the far side of the city was still intact, "...can I just go?" 

IC: ???- Ruins

The robot briefly began to chase after the organic, but stopped. Doing so wouldn't be beneficial to his plan, and he didn't want to waste any more power killing something that would probably die within a few decades, anyway. Nevertheless, he continued firing his Plasma gun in their direction until they disappeared from view, just to make sure that the organic didn't have any second thoughts.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Max Vale:

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "Y'know, in hindsight, maybe I should have brought Aniki...."

IC Kat:

"He'd have to catch me first!" I shouted back with a grin before looping lazily back to Tim, and positioning myself behind his blades, grabbing hold of my best buddy.

"You ready to go fast?~" I asked with a mischievous grin.

GM IC ???

The beings ignored Quark and Thumper entirely, except for one who stood in the middle of them with its hands up. "I answer question," it said. 

Then, when Saracen shouted his order, everyone stopped, leaving the boxes where they were. "Violence is uncalled for." said one of them. "We obey orders." 

---------------------------------------

OOC: And I've decided that this is the last GM villain like this for a very long time. But this concept for Mechna's government was too good to pass up. 

GM NPC FORTIS

"What are you going to do?" Fortis said. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Orukam Amayika - With Rocka

He sighed, but gathered his thoughts. "Well, I was doin' a gig down at Geb's, and wunna th' crooks in the crowd came up to me after, tells me that my less charmin' lookalike is doin' some fancy conference on Antropolis. I say yeah, what about it, and th' guy slipped me a lotta credits 'coz his buddy was a big fan, figured it'd make his construction day to see me messin' up Makuro's big ol' party. I get schmoes askin' like that sometimes, ain't weird. So's I says, look, I don't usually go where he's gonna turn up, 'coz I'm pretty sure a face to face deal ain't gonna be pretty on both our ends. But yer a nice kid, I'll see what I can do. Wasn't gonna turn down that kinda money, y'know?"

He brushed some dirt off his robes. "So I get over there, and waddayaknow, my ship breaks down, and there's this big toothy thing lookin' at me wiv a look in its eye that I ain't likin'. Then I see a Hero, yer stabby friend there, and he takes down the thing, and I figures, stickin' wiv a Hero's gotta be safer than stickin' around waitin' fer a tow."

~

IC: Dorothy Quark and Eloise Thumper - Spooky Lab

Quark shot a warning glare through the window at Rune before turning back to the beings before her. "I am Dorothy Quark, from Hero Factory. Tell me, what are you doing in here? And why were you fleeing?"

Thumper curiously glanced at the things they were packing up.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - With Scarlet

"Floor it!" He shouted, arms out front.

IC: Crowley - Lake.

He kept on going until he reached the lake, his lungs burning, heart hammering at the inside of his battered ribcage. Once there, he slipped into the water, and began to swim for the far shore...

IC: Saracen Rune - Raid.

"What orders?" He demanded, tearing a few more boards off the windows before squeezing his way into the room. 

IC: Markus Vex - Ruins.

"Hero Factory is gone, the Call Centre is destroyed, and almost all of the survivors are off doing who knows what," Markus pointed out, gesturing towards the group's sullen surroundings, "Someone's gonna have to go out and answer all of those distress calls in the rest of the galaxy, and by the looks of things, it's gonna have to be us." 

GM IC ???

"I do not understand the question," one of the beings said to Saracen. Another one nodded to Dorothy Quark. "We were operating the portal because we were ordered to. We were then ordered to shut the portal down and dismantle it. We were then ordered to stop doing so." 

She holstered her blaster, but kept her hand on it, just in case. She asked, "Who ordered you to open the portal?"

Thumper pulled a box over to get a better look inside.

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Flying

Whooping, he directed their course for the most government-official-looking building he could see.

IC: Saracen Rune - Spooky Lab.

"And if I were to order you to fix the portal?" 

IC: Alex Drift - Not Looking Where He's Going

Drift frowned at the two silly rookies flying around before violently jumping several meters into the air with a yelp when the electrical field around the broken ride caught him. He fell flat on his back and quickly scrambled back to his feet, hoping no one had seen.

IC: Cobra Shard and Gabriel Bliss - Spooky Lab

Bliss picked up one of the computer parts the villains had been trying to hide and examined it, but couldn't make much of what he was seeing, so put it back in its box. He suddenly remembered he hadn't seen Drift's partner anywhere since the attack on the Factory. That guy would be useful here; he was a hacker if Bliss recalled correctly. Where was that guy anyway? He made a mental note to ask Drift later.

Shard picked up a computer part as well but also couldn't make heads or tails of it so he chucked it out a window.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Saracen Rune - This Is Too Easy.

"Then I order you to do exactly that," he replied smoothly, lowering his rifle, "Repair the device, reopen the portal, and put this planet back where it belongs." 

"These are very nice... things," Thumper said to a being standing near her, trying to be nice. She'd been searching for villain clues, but nothing in there had so much as a skull drawn on it.

Quark saw the rookie throw a piece of equipment out the window, and snapped, "Does that belong to you? No? Then don't toss it around the place! That could be important for fixing the portal!"

She then considered the name before accessing her arm-mounted device to search the database for it. "Bureaucrax? ... Do you mean, bureaucrats? Or is that a name?"

~

IC: Ken Render - Awkward Silences

Render cleared his throat. "Uh, well, I'd best be off now, pardner. Hope that answers all yer questions."

He turned and headed for the door. He hoped Quark wasn't too annoyed at him being late.

IC: Necrissia

"Any specific requests you would like to make?" She asked Focus as Frank walked in and around the floating slab, approaching the boxes and opening them up, revealing a heap of parts and components...

OOC: Sorry, I've been a bit busy lately