fishers64

IC: Cobra Shard - Getting Snapped At

Shard gave Quark his trademark "innocent and clueless" look before going back to poking around.

While most people he met thought he was making this face on purpose to fool them, the truth was that he really was pretty oblivious most of the time.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC GLEAM

If Gleam moved in much closer, she would feel a warning jolt of electricity. It wouldn't be enough to knock her out of the sky - yet. If she proceeded in spite of it, things would get much worse. 

GM NPC SURGE

"Geez, you're...I can't put my finger on it, but I don't like it very much," Surge said. "It's about as appealing as Tratix reptoid breath. Or being in asteroid war with a guy who can't agree with himself. Ugh."

IC: Riot - The Astral (Hallways)

"Awesome. And here I thought that I was beginning to lose my touch."

Letting his grin become a full fledged smile, he simply crossed his arms over his chest.

"You would simply not believe how many teams Zib has tried to put me on. After my original ended up dissolving, I learned the hard way that I perform much better as a solo act."

IC Kat:

I boosted into the air past Tim, sticking my robotic tongue out at him as I went past.

OOC: As far as charges to Kaiba are concerned, I suppose assaulting a Hero could be considered, and even proven, though I don't know how willing Epix would be to put him away for such a relatively minor crime, especially given that Kaiba was only doing so due to antiquated and failing programming.

OOC: Yeah, that one probably wouldn't stick anyway, since it's essentially a temporary insanity defense waiting to happen. At most, HF would probably just look over his programming to confirm that it had actually been patched.

So he'd really just need to beat those other charges and possibly get a recommendation to be released back out into the universe... which could probably be done within the confines of a timeskip without a need for Epix's involvement at all.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM NPC SURGE

"I'm not about to get in the way of that," Surge said. "Just don't solo yourself into trouble. Oh, and by the way, we're on a planet that is full of villains, and we're trying to shut down a portal. Make of that what you will."

GM IC FRAVI (TALKING TO RENDER)

"Just kill the jerks." 

---------------------------------

Villain Profile: 
Name: Phanlax (plural)

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Phanlax are civilians...that can divide into up to 10 copies of themselves. These copies respond to voice commands from the original being...or anyone else who happens to walk by. Other than this, the copies do not have great intelligence. 

Appearance: These civilians have a blue stripe on the top of their heads to distinguish them from other civilians.

Bio: Phanlax were created by Mechna's government to handle routine administrative tasks. Their unquestioning obedience can be questioned by the central intelligence of the system, but rarely is out of fear...they don't know anything different. 

• Upvote 1

IC: Ken Render - The Astral

Render shook his head slightly. "We're all kinda hopin' this all ends without killin', pardner, but I appreciate th' sentiment."

~

IC: Timothy Gyro - Flying

As they approached an official-looking building, Gyro shouted to Scarlet, "Might wanna start putting the brakes on!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"No way!" he snapped. "I just don't think that grump Quark's gonna want us smashing through the window!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: I think there was a post a while ago about the wall, actually. There are guards, and I think the wall is electrified?

Villain/neutral-ish Profile: 
Name: Opiphex

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: 

Opiphex has four additional retractable arms with various tools fitted to them. These tools include a laser cutter, omni-driver(Which is a screwdriver partially made of nanobots. It does bolts, screws, and can even extract stripped screws. It can open simple mechanical locks), a small welder/solder torch, and a general purpose sharp grabber thing with a magnifying camera on the end that can view in normal, thermal, or x-ray views. He also has an [insert HF version of usb] interface that slides out of one of the arms.

As for weapons, Opiphex carries an experimental blaster that has been "borrowed" from one of Hero Factory's subcontractors and upgraded by Opiphex. It projects a vacuum bubble about a meter in diameter. The bubble expels atmospheric oxygen, causing the target's components to fuse together.

Appearance: Opiphex is rather spindly, and reminds one of a spider.

Bio: Opiphex is pretty much harmless, though his blaster might suggest otherwise. He's pretty much a footnote under "common criminals" in the Hero database. He dislikes lethality, which is the reason for his blaster. He runs a little shop in the Grunge District that sells, buys, and upgrades interesting little gadgets and antique technology.

OOC: Also, can I get a recap on what happened since the Beast thing?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Shade - Astral

Shade exited the charging station fully charged, and made his way to the Mission Control deck to see if there was anything new afoot. As he walked in, he saw Zib and asked the poor overworked bot if there was anything Shade could help out with.

OOC: I'd have Zib respond myself if I knew what Hero Factory would officially tell an assassin to do on a job like this.

OOC: I don't know if this was missed or not. Either way, it was back on page 155 so I thought I'd better repost it just to be safe.  :)

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: I'll get on a summary soon, but before I do, can I ask about Opiphex's bubble gun? I'm just confused. It nonlethally fuses parts together using oxygen (or air?), is what I gathered. Is that right? How does the atmospheric oxygen fuse the parts? I assume it's on a small scale or doesn't affect power lines, since it's nonlethal, but I could be wrong.

To be clear, I'm not opposing it or claiming anything wrong with it. I like the character, I was just wondering about the gun's function.

EDIT: Summary: the convention blew up, Heroes all went back to Hero Factory because it was being attacked. It also exploded. Heroes fought bad guys in the ruins and got a cool new ship. A villain planet got sucked into a portal, so the Heroes went to help in their ships except for a couple who stuck around the ruins. The portal led to an alternate dimension, and was shut down with the villain planet and the Heroes in it. The Heroes are now breaking into a spooky lab in an amusement park on the planet (they were not aware it's a villain planet).

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

OOC: I'll get on a summary soon, but before I do, can I ask about Opiphex's bubble gun? I'm just confused. It nonlethally fuses parts together using oxygen (or air?), is what I gathered. Is that right? How does the atmospheric oxygen fuse the parts? I assume it's on a small scale or doesn't affect power lines, since it's nonlethal, but I could be wrong.

To be clear, I'm not opposing it or claiming anything wrong with it. I like the character, I was just wondering about the gun's function.

OOC:

This is actually the part of his profile I'm most proud of, and I've had the concept lying around for a while.

So basically, when you touch two peices of metal, the reason they don't fuse is because of the molecules in the atmosphere, as well as a thin oxygen layer. Without those, the metals fuse together in a process called cold welding. IRL we've lost  some space probes to it. Opiphex's gun removes the atmosphere, leaving the thin oxygen layer as the only deterrant to cold welding, and since said oxygen layer rubs off fairly easily, the constantly moving mechanical parts of a robot fuse together extremely quickly. It is a fairly niche weapon, but I really like the concept. A couple countermeasures would be airtight sealing, since the bubble only moves air, it doesn't magically make it vanish, or some kind of composite material that wouldn't fuse.

@SUmmary

So the villain planet is separate from Mechnas?

Edited by Some Random Phrase

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Except, according to a brief google search, macro-scale cold welding requires either an extended duration of time, or large applied pressures, in order to take effect. Opiphex's weapon doesn't seem to offer either of those things?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Except, according to a brief google search, macro-scale cold welding requires either an extended duration of time, or large applied pressures, in order to take effect. Opiphex's weapon doesn't seem to offer either of those things?

OOC: Oh, it does? That's a problem. Is the extended duration of time required to remove contaminant layers? Google's not really helping.

I guess if all else fails, I can change "Vacuum bubble" to "technobabble energy field"

OOC: Actually, the villain planet... IS Mechna! Dun dun dunnnnn

But seriously yeah I forgot to mention that. Also, @the gun, suggestion: replace with actual bubble gun. Watch others cower and beg for him not to get bubble mix in their eyes/optical units.

• Upvote 2

IC: FOCUS

DARK LAIR

Focus thought for a moment before replying, "it's not too much, but it's probably going to be quite complicated. I want him free of Hero Factory's programming, but not necessarily a villain; simply free to make his own choices, like I am. I'm a glitch in the system; however it happened, there must be some sort of flaw in my programming. I want him to have that same ability to choose."

OOC: Of course, Focus has not consciously acknowledged that murdering someone and then resurrecting them to alter their personality and way of thinking isn't exactly a "good" thing under any circumstances

tsk, tsk

• Upvote 2

OOC: Actually, the villain planet... IS Mechna! Dun dun dunnnnn

But seriously yeah I forgot to mention that. Also, @the gun, suggestion: replace with actual bubble gun. Watch others cower and beg for him not to get bubble mix in their eyes/optical units.

OOC:

"A prototype blaster that projects multiple bubbles with a specially designed adhesive and corrosive film called the enzyme catalyzer" :P

• Upvote 1

IC Wolfe - Astral:

The veteran had considered following after Stormer and the rest of the Heroes, but that meant leaving the Astral with two, maybe three Heroes (at least to his knowledge) who weren't in the medbay for one reason or another. "Mission Control, I'm staying with the ship," he said over the comms, to which Helen gave a passive affirmation. 

With that, Wolfe climbed to the top of the ship and sought out a decent vantage point, and there he shifted his quiver from his back to his hip and pulled out his bow, ready for any threat that might set its sights on the Astral.

As he stood there, though, he couldn't shake the feeling that, somewhere, something dreadful was happening...

IC Flint - Collapsing Portal:

Flint grit his dental plates as the turbulence around LOIS worsened. It's just a rough spot, he told himself, trying not to think of the other possibility. The ship's instruments were practically screaming at him. 

Outside, the portal was warping and distorting as the energies that made up its entire structure were being drawn back to whatever the point of origin was. Flint poured on the acceleration until the wings and thrusters were creaking in protest. He closed his optics and waited a few tense seconds before everything fell utterly still and silent. Regardless, he continued to wait -- for how long, he didn't know.

Death sucks, he thought grumpily.

Then, slowly, he opened his optics and found himself and the ship sitting at the very edge of Mechna's atmosphere. Any evidence that there had been a portal was non-existent.

"Huh."

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Ferro and Gorn- Mechna

Ferro had followed everyone else into the lab begun sifting through the computer parts with two other heroes, until he remembered that he didn't know a single thing about computers.

Gorn; on the other hand, had decided to stay outside and guard the entrance, content with leaving the talking to his allies.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

"Oh, really? Well if that's the case, I guess I better just stay on the ship and find a nice dark room to lock myself in."

Fighting the urge to facepalm, Riot merely shook his head.

"Seriously though, I've survived having Epix for a teammate, so I'm actually not stuck on a planet full of Villains," he said simply. "They're all stuck on a planet with me."

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Gyro helped with the halt and land, adjusting his blades accordingly. He grinned at Scarlet. "You've been flying through too many clouds, they're cloggin' up your audial units. Fishbowl said for us to scout and make sure bad guys weren't waiting for us up ahead..."

He glanced back, smile slipping a little.

"Uh... We might've overshot our mark a little. Maybe we should backtrack?" He perked up again. "I mean, that's the awesome plan we've got going, right? Ambushers never expect being ambushed! They probably wouldn't even know what to do if we spotted 'em and hit 'em from behind!"

OOC: I think we are both once again waiting on Toa Onaku. It's all Necrissia from here on out since I got the profile for Echo Reborn written up.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Welcome one and all to Waiting -The RPG.

• Upvote 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Apologies for the delays, but I am currently busy with finals, and thus cannot be of service until they are over, which will be Friday next week. Truly, I am sorry about this, but that's just how it is :/

OOC: Ah, all right. I suppose we can just say that Necrissia is building Echo while we wait.  :P

IC Helen - Mission Control Deck:

A lightbulb flicked on in Helen's head.

She steepled her fingers and leaned back in her chair.

"Gyro, Kat," she said in a low voice over a comm channel isolated to just the three of them. "Don't move a servo... My scanners are picking up heat signatures on supposedly non-existent targets right behind you..."

There was, in fact, absolutely nothing on her scanners.

• Upvote 2

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Gawsh, I keep forgetting to post here. It's been very slow.

IC: Timothy Gyro - Big Brother Mode Activated

Instinct overriding Helen's instructions, he grabbed Scarlet and held her protectively as he fired up his blades, keeping them pointed at his would-be attackers. Because he was standing rather awkwardly out of surprise, his position made him a little unsteady on his feet, but so long as nothing startled him or set him off-balance- nothing like Scarlet's thrusters going off from surprise, for example- he wasn't going to fall over.

OOC: One can only hope.  :begging:

OOC: :lookaround: And the scene will be posted in the morning...*rubs forehead*

I constructed the strategy that will get this game unstuck awhile ago, I just didn't use it for some reason. It is time...

But first, a GM post IC. :P

OOC: Ah, well, forget the morning. There shall be a GM post...NOOOOWWWW!

OOC: I think there was a post a while ago about the wall, actually. There are guards, and I think the wall is electrified?

OOC: Thanks.  I'm assuming Fishers controls them?

IC: Morphos

Morphos reaches the gate.

GM IC LARE (LOOKING AT MORPHOS)

"You shall not pass."

GM IC GREF 

Gref opened the gate for the Deconstructor and his drones, letting them through, but kept his weapon trained on Morphos and any other villains that wished to follow them inside. 

"Oh, really? Well if that's the case, I guess I better just stay on the ship and find a nice dark room to lock myself in."

Fighting the urge to facepalm, Riot merely shook his head.

"Seriously though, I've survived having Epix for a teammate, so I'm actually not stuck on a planet full of Villains," he said simply. "They're all stuck on a planet with me."

GM NPC SURGE

"Uh, okay. I guess that's...terrific," Surge said. "Got any ideas to make their lives miserable?" 

IC: Shade - Astral

Shade exited the charging station fully charged, and made his way to the Mission Control deck to see if there was anything new afoot. As he walked in, he saw Zib and asked the poor overworked bot if there was anything Shade could help out with.

OOC: I'd have Zib respond myself if I knew what Hero Factory would officially tell an assassin to do on a job like this.

OOC: I don't know if this was missed or not. Either way, it was back on page 155 so I thought I'd better repost it just to be safe.  :)

GM NPC ZIB

"Hmm, tricky," Zib said. "I'm not sure what you can do here just yet."  

Villain/neutral-ish Profile: 

Name: Opiphex

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: 

Opiphex has four additional retractable arms with various tools fitted to them. These tools include a laser cutter, omni-driver(Which is a screwdriver partially made of nanobots. It does bolts, screws, and can even extract stripped screws. It can open simple mechanical locks), a small welder/solder torch, and a general purpose sharp grabber thing with a magnifying camera on the end that can view in normal, thermal, or x-ray views. He also has an [insert HF version of usb] interface that slides out of one of the arms.

As for weapons, Opiphex carries an experimental blaster that has been "borrowed" from one of Hero Factory's subcontractors and upgraded by Opiphex. It projects a vacuum bubble about a meter in diameter. The bubble expels atmospheric oxygen, causing the target's components to fuse together.

Appearance: Opiphex is rather spindly, and reminds one of a spider.

Bio: Opiphex is pretty much harmless, though his blaster might suggest otherwise. He's pretty much a footnote under "common criminals" in the Hero database. He dislikes lethality, which is the reason for his blaster. He runs a little shop in the Grunge District that sells, buys, and upgrades interesting little gadgets and antique technology.

OOC: Also, can I get a recap on what happened since the Beast thing?

Not approved, because of what Nato said about welding. Otherwise, it would be fine. 

GM IC ??? (W/ QUARK'S GROUP & SARACEN)

Unfortunately, a voice came over the loudspeaker in the room with the Phanlax. "Ignore all commands from the Heroes. Take the portal down. Finish the job."

GM IC PHANLAX

The Phanlax resumed their work, trying to swat the heroic technology examiners away. One of them tried to leave to go get the pieces of the portal that Cobra Shard and some one else had thrown out the window.  

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC: Cobra Shard - Regretting Nothing

Shard almost felt bad for the poor guy who had to go grab the evil computer thing he'd tossed out the window, Almost.

As the Phanlax passed him to retrieve the piece of gear, Shard stuck out his foot in just the right spot to trip him...

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Still Trying to Negotiate

"Hey, come on guys; there's no reason to listen to them. Fix the portal and we can all walk away from this. What do you people gain from stranding yourselves in this dimension anyway?"

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

IC: Dorothy Quark and Eloise Thumper - Now For The Struggle Of Remembering What I Was Doing

Quark gave a snarl of frustration. "Thumper, block the door. I'm going after the ones already down the tunnel."

"Yes, Quark!" Thumper dragged a table over, still with items on it and ignoring the feeble protests of her little friends, and took a stance in front of the passageway, ready to grab armfuls of robot. Quark gestured to the doorway. "I want fast Heroes with me. Otherwise, you're watching the door."

She jumped the table and clunked down the passageway, blaster at the ready.

Thumper pointed to a little robot at random. "Better put down your tiny box, amigo, or I'm gonna give you one heck of a bear hug."

• Upvote 1