fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communications Tower.

He bounced and tumbled across the floor, falling through another of the open windows and falling for several seconds before managing to right himself. He hovered there, trying to decide whether he should go after Karter or aid the other heroes still in the tower.

Deciding that Kathrine could probably handle herself, he took aim with his rifle and shouted down to the villainous bot. "You had enough? Or do I need to cripple one of your legs as well?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC KARTER

"I knew you were like this!" Karter shouted out of his frustration.

He sighed and walked away. He would have his arm fixed first, then he would go back into battle. He was not going to try to fire a machine gun with one arm. Now that would be stupid. 

GM IC GADGET

Up ahead, Gadget would see a dimly glowing florescent light, flickering, over a steel door, and a glowing keypad next to it. His technopathy would tell him that said keypad was wired to the door, and that trying to break it down would trigger a power-draining net launched from the top of said door. 

It also would tell him the correct numbers to enter: 100 - 74 - 28 - 38. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Outside Main Communications Tower.

"Oh no you don't..." he flew down closer, firing a few warning shots towards the ground near Karter's feet. "You're the one trying to blow up the planet, right? If you think I'm just going to let you walk away, you're very wrong." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC KARTER

"No!" Karter shouted, jumping away from the shots. "I'm NOT trying to blow up the planet! I'm trying to save it from the guy who IS trying to blow it up!"

He's not going to believe me. But he had to be sure - he resumed walking, waiting for the so-called Hero's response. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Outside Main Communication Tower.

This time, he put himself directly in the other bot's path, hovering a foot or so above the ground. "I find that very, very hard to believe, but my opinion doesn't really matter." He adjusted his aim, pointing his rifle towards Karter's centre of mass, "You attacked a group of heroes, and for that alone I'm going to have to bring you in." 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

IC Ghid Squidulus

His now-exposed communicator only relayed the first half of the info, while his hand blew clean off, and he was sent sprawling towards the edge of the roof, skidding to a stop before purposefully kicking off it.

On the ground, he collapsed in a heap, immediately placing his shield up in case any other attacks were made.

GM IC GADGET

Up ahead, Gadget would see a dimly glowing florescent light, flickering, over a steel door, and a glowing keypad next to it. His technopathy would tell him that said keypad was wired to the door, and that trying to break it down would trigger a power-draining net launched from the top of said door. 

It also would tell him the correct numbers to enter: 100 - 74 - 28 - 38. 

IC: Gadget Thompson/Underground Base Entrance

I smiled. Gotta love my technopathy.

I typed in the correct numbers.

IC: Saracen Rune - Outside Main Communications Tower.

He flew after the fleeing villain, gaining altitude before opening fire on the backs of Karter's legs. 

________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Mr Vyle - Theatre Roof.

Whether he'd survived the fall or not, it was unlikely that the hero would be troubling them again anytime soon. "Now that that's dealt with..." he turned back to the brains, "...let's see what we can do about finding ourselves a ship."

________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Crowley - Streets. 

He continued weaving his way through the near-empty streets, doing his best to avoid having to confront the occasional groups of bots or brains that crossed his path. He was tired of fighting; he just wanted off this rock. 

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

"Bring weapon or leave behind?" one of the brains asked Vyle. 

GM IC GADGET

Gadget would, as the usual lameness would happen, find himself in a hallway. This hallway led down into the base at a slight angle, and was deserted for the moment.

Multiple civilian bots moved past Gadget, all in good operating condition. There wasn't any other security systems in the hallway that were active, but there was a camera above the door and at least a two dozen lazer emitters in strategic positions all along this corridor. It seemed that whoever owned this area didn't want any unwanted visitors.

GM NPC KARTER

Karter was thrown forward by the force of the shots, sliding across the ground open and exposed. 

Meanwhile, a robot in the tower above fired a laser blast at Sarcen's back, trying to make sure that his boss could make it to safety. 

GM IC ???

The villain had been struggling with about four robots trying to wrestle him down and skewer him at once. "A little help?" he said to Katherine. 

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (8 - 2 WERE CHUCKED OUT OF THE TOWER - DEAD, 1 HELPING KARTER, 4 ATTACKING "MENE VANTAL", AND 3...)

As if on cue, three of Karter's robots plowed in between "Mene Vantal" and Katherine, trying to shove the latter out of the tower and into the surrounding lasers. 

IC: Mr Vyle.

He just shrugged, "You're the ones who said we were pressed for time. If you want to bring it, I'm not going to stop you." 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Saracen Rune.

Unable to see the shot coming, it lanced through the air to strike him back, right over his left shoulder blade. He corkscrewed wildly through the air, almost crashing into the side of a nearby building before he finally managed to regain control. 

Spotting Karter, he pushed past the pain and landed in front of him, hoping the sniper wouldn't risk another shot.

GM NPC KARTER

Karter was just getting up when Sarcen landed in front of him. He scrambled to the Hero's right, pulling out his mace with his uninjured arm just in case Sarcen was planning on breaking out the cuffs. 

Meanwhile, the "sniper" in question decided to fire another laser blast. 

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

"Leave it then." another brain advised. "Hero pod below in square that work, and another couple that are only part broke," a brain said. "Perhaps rebuild." a third brain suggested. "Make craft big enough for business guy and us."

"Too slow," another argued. "Take Hero pod and go."

"Business guy defeat hero." yet another brain said. "Rebuild not take very long. We have alliance." It kicked the other brain off the cannon, leaving it to skitter away.  

OOC: Just FTR, I'm pretty sure that there is two fully functional pods planetside, but there's only one of them in the square below the Theatre. That would be Unit's. 

Edited by fishers64

IC Kathrine scarlet:

"Little busy he- OOF!"

The bots managed to make me stumble, and very nearly bisect me with a laser. These thrusters aren't just for show, though. In addition to manueverability and flight, I had a trick up my non existent sleeves. In a pinch, they can boost the power of.... Well just about anything.

As such, thrusters on my elbows, back, and rear calves were all a blaze, giving me more than enough stopping power. Literally.

Still, with all the power going to the thrusters, and keeping me in one piece, I didn't have enough to blast these tin cans away.

Stalemate.

"Rookie Hero Kathrine requesting back up, my coordinates!" The cry for help and respective locational data went out across an open Hero Channel.

IC Ezec and Aza:

Aza, for her part, let out an impressive string of curses before finally blacking out and collApsing.

Ezec, meanwhile, just kept doing what he was good at. Breaking Heroes. Still, he was aware that the other heroes would be upon him soon.

He needed to come up with a plan.

IC John Striker:

"Good. Last yes or no question, do you know where the controls for the kryptonium cannons are?"

IC: Saracen Rune.

From his new position, he could see the laser blast coming and moved out of its path, flying behind the awning of a nearby shop to shelter himself from further shots. "Stop running, Karter!" he shouted, shifting into a crouch.

This guy just doesn't know when to quit... He sighted on Karter's uninjured arm and opened fire. With his left arm too badly wounded to steady the rifle properly, he knew his aim wouldn't be perfect, but on a slow-moving, wounded target like this, it likely wouldn't matter. 

IC Jet [sunny Square]: Villain and rookie both fell to the ground, with the latter tumbling to the side to avoid being squashed. He let out a sigh of relief and gave Splint a thumbs-up. "Go help Rocka! I'll be right over!" he said as he pulled out a pair of Hero cuffs and began to secure them to Aza's wrists. 

OOC: I assume every Hero has a pair of cuffs, but if that's not the case, I can either edit Jet's profile or this post. :v

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Yeah, all Heroes have cuffs. Kinda important to have those.

GM NPC CITIZEN (W/JOHN STRIKER)

Her eyes widened, and she shook her head no.

GM NPC KARTER

Karter, thankful for the sniper shot, ran away towards the maze of alleys that would take him back to base. By the time Sarcen lined up his shot, he was aiming at Karter's back from a considerable distance.

Still, one of these last shots hit, causing the villain to fall to one knee for a second as he slowed for his turn. He wasn't about to stay there, though - he got up and kept moving.

IC: Gadget Thompson/2nd underground hallway
I used my technopathy to see if I could find if I could turn it off. I also watched as the civilians passed and paid attention how the security measures reacted to them.
"Zib, I think I need a guide through the facility," I whispered.

OOC: Metal Gadget Solid time?

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

IC: Riot - Streets (Near The Grand Tranq)

Seeing as how the hosts for the Brains were starting to emerge less and less, Riot began hovering back towards the hotel's entrance, grimacing as he fired off another four shots in an attempt to pick off some of the remaining stragglers. So far, he had expended six shots from his left sidearm and four from his right. If things kept progressing the way they were, he was going to have to resort to melee attacks soon.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Yeah, all Heroes have cuffs. Kinda important to have those.

OOC: Okay, cool. I was wondering about that myself. 

GM NPC KARTER

Karter, thankful for the sniper shot, ran away towards the maze of alleys that would take him back to base. By the time Sarcen lined up his shot, he was aiming at Karter's back from a considerable distance.

Still, one of these last shots hit, causing the villain to fall to one knee for a second as he slowed for his turn. He wasn't about to stay there, though - he got up and kept moving.

IC: Saracen Rune - Alleyways. 

Biting back a curse, he shouldered his rifle and flew off after the injured villain, activating the thermal imaging function on his goggles to make following his trail easier. Once he got up to speed, it was easy enough to quietly close in on Karter, and he swung a vicious kick at the back of the villains head the moment he got within striking distance. 

IC John Striker:

Fabulous.

"I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, and assuming you aren't working with these people by choice. Get to the Grand Tranq, several heroes are rounding up civilians there. Don't waste this second chance."

GM NPC CITIZEN (W/JOHN STRIKER)

The citizen nodded and moved in the direction of the Grand Tranq, hoping that Striker wouldn't follow her.  

Biting back a curse, he shouldered his rifle and flew off after the injured villain, activating the thermal imaging function on his goggles to make following his trail easier. Once he got up to speed, it was easy enough to quietly close in on Karter, and he swung a vicious kick at the back of the villains head the moment he got within striking distance.

GM NPC KARTER

Karter was running though the alleyways, half hoping that he had lost the trail of his pursuer. However, his vision powers - which included the thermal vision that Sarcen was using - told him otherwise. 

It was then, when Sarcen tried to kick his head, he ducked. His running slowed a little as he signaled for backup. 

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (NEAR GADGET)

Intend on getting to Karter, two robots ran past Gadget, shoving him aside. Gadget's technopathy would tell him that one of the robots was designed differently than the others - it was a repair bot, designed for fixing injuries. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

He slowed as well, allowing the momentum from his kick to spin him around to face back towards Karter. He drew his rifle once more, and despite only holding it one-handed, at this proximity he was unlikely to miss. "You done running?"

GM NPC KARTER

Karter ignored Sarcen and kept running across the street into the abandoned hospital. The shots Sarcen fired hit the back of his armor, and he went flying - again, and bouncing along the ground. He slid into said hospital, landing in the dusty reception area in a cloud of the stuff. He coughed. 

In the distance, a faint wail of an alarm sounding could be heard. 

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (NEAR GADGET)

Gadget's shot hit the repair robot's legs. Unfortunately, those were slightly better armored than those of its attack robot counterpart, and while the internal mechanisms of said bot were exposed, they were not damaged, and both robots continued to climb, rapidly arriving at the top. 

Even worse, alarms sounded near Gadget's position, and the laser emitters activated, turning the hallway he might have safely navigated a few moments before into a deadly maze of lasers.

His technopathy would tell him that was tied to the sound the weapon had fired - reentering the code he had entered a few minutes before to open the door would turn off the lasers, but it would not stop the alarm's blaring. To stop that, he would need to be deeper in the facility. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Abandoned Hospital. 

This guy just won't stop... Saracen continued flying after him, slipping through the open doorway and hovering before him, rifle shouldered and cuffs in hand, "All you're doing is making this worse," he growled, attempting to secure the cuffs to Karter's wrists. 

GM NPC KARTER

When Karter landed, he landed with his arms in front of him, spread-eagle style, as people usually do when they hit the ground. This was hard on Karter's bad arm.

As such, when Sarcen tried to grab his arms, he swung his mace at said grabbing arms, although admittedly with a limited field of vision. Meanwhile, two robots emerged from the shadows, one firing away at Sarcen. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Hospital Foyer. 

Still hovering, he did his best to move out of the way of the incoming mace, letting it scrape across the front of his already-injured shoulder. With his uninjured arm, he tried to secure one end of the cuffs around Karter's mace hand. 

"This is Rune," he barked into his radio, wincing as a few of the attacking bots shots seared across his back, "requesting backup at the hospital. Multiple hostiles protecting a high priority suspect." 

Still hovering, he did his best to move out of the way of the incoming mace, letting it scrape across the front of his already-injured shoulder. With his uninjured arm, he tried to secure one end of the cuffs around Karter's mace hand. 

"This is Rune," he barked into his radio, wincing as a few of the attacking bots shots seared across his back, "requesting backup at the hospital. Multiple hostiles protecting a high priority suspect." 

GM NPC KARTER

As one of Karter's hands was secured, the villain lashed out with one of his legs, trying to kick the Hero in the stomach. The robot in front of the chase fired a laser straight at the cuffs.  

Edited by fishers64

The kick connected, knocking him backwards. The henchbot's attack scored a gash across his ribs and he twisted around in midair, releasing his grip on the cuffs to pull out his rifle, firing one-handed at the two attackers. 

Even though he'd failed to properly restrain Karter, the cuffs were still secured, meaning they'd be draining his power. Surely that would be enough to finally finish off the villain... 

IC: Daxer Phyrus

After having heard of the heroes' plight at the communication towers, Daxer had decided to provide them with backup, having found an abandoned house where Dane could stay while he regained his strength. On his way to the communication towers, how ever, Daxer had noticed a villain running into a hospital close to the towers, and a hero chasing after said villain. And so, Daxer followed after them, and after hearing the hero's call for backup, Daxer smiled as he made his entrance, drawing his rifle and firing shots set to disintegrate at the two robots helping the villain.

OOC: Congrats on this game getting featured on the front page!

IC: Crowley - Streets.

The creature continued on its path, searching for a vessel it could use to escape the doomed planet...

Civilian Profile:

Name: Mr. D

Job/Location: Job: Information Dealer. Location: A non-script pub on the outskirts of Tranquis VII  

Bio: Mr. D is sneaky, all ways trying to get the upper hand and make the most out of an opportunity.