fishers64

IC: Daxer Phyrus & Jimmy Abacus

With the villain apparently gone, Daxer turned his attention to Saracen, who lied injured on the other side of the room. He ran there, the residual kinetic energy carrying him swiftly, and then knelt by his fellow hero. "Not that I want to worry you, but you don't look very good. Not sure I can do anything. Maybe Jimmy can get that healing bot to do something." Daxer said, the last bit spoken loud enough that Jimmy could hear.

Jimmy nodded, and lowered the pistol he'd kept trained on the healing bot all this time. He then instantaneously accessed its hard code, first attempting to gain access, which would require the bot's utmost attention if it wanted to keep him out... which still didn't seem likely at all, considering Jimmy's incredible power and skill in using said power.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Saracen Rune - Hospital Foyer.

"Forget about me," he growled. Perhaps these two hadn't noticed, but even in his current state it was hard not to hear the roaring helicopter noises of the flying villain, or the audible thunk of them dropping down onto the roof overhead, "Eyes up." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Daxer Phyrus

"Yeah, I can see him. Jimmy, keep at that healing bot. I'm going to get Karter to a location more advantageous to us." He said as he swiftly moved over to Karter and started dragging him from the open area that was the center of the hospital foyer. It wasn't very hard to get him to the desk and haul him over to behind it with the residual kinetic energy Daxer still had, but by the time he'd gotten Karter behind the desk, his residual energy was depleted. He then took out his rifle and kept it ready in case the flying villain were to try getting the literal drop on them.

IC: Arsenal

If he was going to do this, he would have to be quick. He could barely hear what the heroes were saying from his place on the roof, but they definitely knew where he was, and they had moved something, possibly his target. But to where? Their idea was probably to move Karter to a place where he would be difficult for Arsenal to get at, but since they were in the Foyer, they had few options. Where could they have put him... They only place that would make him more difficult to access was... Behind the desk! Now, how to get in and out before they could capture him? He considered trying to use his grenades to blow a hole in the roof, but such an idea was quite risky, even for him. He guessed he would have to take the boring way. Cursing to himself, Arsenal began to descend to the second floor the old fashioned way- the elevator.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Daxer Phyrus

Daxer's blindsight allowed him to keep track of exactly where Arsenal was, and seeing that he had gone into the elevator, he chuckled to himself imagining the villain waiting in an elevator with calm music playing in the background.

Edited by Toa Onaku

He shifted into a sitting position, straining his hearing to pick out any further sound from the villain.

Ugh... why can't these guys just... just give up? 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I edited. If there's no elevator, he can be taking the stairs.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM NPC HEALER ROBOT

The bot gritted its teeth. "No authorized...access..." the bot said, wincing as the technopathy took effect. It then looked at Abacus, confused, and began to heal the attack robot at its feet. It would do that first, and then attend to the other injured bot across the room. 

OOC: That's Sarcen. 

GM NPC KARTER

Karter remained unconscious. The power drain was keeping him from waking up. However, Daxer might have noticed the springy nature of Karter's armor as he pulled him over the desk. Perhaps. 

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy frowned, then proceeded to placing his hand upon the healing bot's head, giving him more direct access to its coding, and allowing it less ground for resistance against his hacking. His attack was aggressive, and any move the bot's programming would try to make would be countered, out maneuvered or simply bypassed by Jimmy's hacking. He'd done this plenty of times before, no reason a simple healing bot would manage to fend off his attempt to access its code.

OOC: Jimmy isn't satisfied until he gets complete access to this bot's programming.

Edited by Toa Onaku

Arsenal grimaced as he heard another hero enter the hospital. If more kept showing up, the more likely he was to fail his mission, and he really couldn't afford another failure. The only thing standing between him and his goal, now, was the floor. But how to get through it? He couldn't blow it up, as the facility was reinforced with steel beams that his grenades couldn't destroy. The room he was in was too cramped to use a missile, his machine gun would do little more than chip the concrete, and his buzz saw was completely out of the question. Then he realized something: The elevator was no more than five meters from the desk, and in turn, his target! Now... All he needed to do was keep the heroes pinned down long enough to get to the desk and back. Holding his buzz saw in front of his chest as a makeshift shield, and with all of his weapons extended and ready to fire, Arsenal boarded the elevator and pressed the button to go to the ground floor...

GM NPC HEALER BOT

The bot collapsed, its programming inoperative/ overridden. 

GM IC JOHN STRIKER

Unfortunately, John's screen would blink out in the middle of the transfer and his console would abruptly shut down. Before this happened, he would get a strong sense that this was a scientific facility designed to be launching a rocket. 

If he had been a bit cooridinated in his search, he would notice that Bulk and Stringer were under the prisoner files, but that both were presumed to have escaped to some cooridinates underground, which would be shown to him, and that some citizens and attack bots were sent to get them. 

Edited by fishers64

IC John Striker:

"Zib, analyse what data you can from the partial upload. I have a fix on the missing assets."

He turned, and set a waypoint in his HUD on the coordinates, then drew his shotgun and sprinted for the tunnel. If a squad had already been sent, they'd likely have already bypassed the traps.

GM NPC ZIB

"Gadget, can you get to that location?" Zib said. "I think you might be able to stabilize that system."

He began pulling the data for analysis. "Quadal, these are the scientists who caused that solar disaster not too long ago that wrecked the planet. There's a bunch of corrupted and missing files, but...Project Sunstorm, 36 hours to launch? That doesn't sound good."

GM IC JOHN STRIKER - TUNNEL #2

John Striker ran back into tunnel #2, past the deactivated net. He would see the kryptonium blasters on the floor and hear people's voice's up ahead. 

"I've got the calcidium hooked up to the anti-quaza. Now I'm going to have to remove that other wire. Pass me those forceps with the insulation. Everyone stand back."

GM NPC CITIZEN

He carefully unscrewed the cover on Bulk's quaza core. The coil was wrapped around the rock near the top, and he nervously pulled it loose. A brief humming sound happened, and the anti-quaza seemed to glow brighter. 

The citizen scampered away as Bulk's eyes flared to life, looking somewhat numb and slightly more...objective...that the happily instinctual Bulk.

IC: Gadget Thompson/Hallway

I stopped when I noticed they weren't chasing me. Using my analytic technopathy like a radar, I checked to see if the security bots were on the other side of the closed door. I also looked around for any other passageways, and checked to see where the bombs were in relation to me in my HUD.

"It's a lucky thing that I might've fooled those security bots, Zib. Tell me where to go," I whispered.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS

After seeing the door closed for a bit, they concluded that Gadget had fled, and sounded the all-clear. (Gadget would know this.)

GM NPC ZIB

Zib sent Gadget the cooridinates of the terminal, and also the ones of where Striker was headed. "Try to get the terminal first - it's closer."

GM IC GADGET

There wasn't other passageways nearby. His HUD would tell him the rough layout of things below - the bombs Striker discovered, the computer terminal, and where Striker was going. 

GM NPC CITIZENS AND ROBOTS (NEAR JOHN STRIKER) 

The citizen who had freed Bulk immediately walked over to Stringer, while another pair of citizens slapped cuffs on Bulk and led him away. "Take him back to his cell." the first one said. A bunch of attack robots went with them. 

Nobody noticed Striker. 

Edited by fishers64

"I really don't like this planet," he groaned, rising to his feet, leaning on his rifle for support, "the sooner we can get off of it, the better..." he paused, hearing the sound of the elevator moving once more...

IC: Arsenal- Hospital foyer

The elevator doors slid open, and before anyone had time to react, Arsenal opened fire. First, he launched two rockets, one from each shoulder cannon, aimed at the group of heroes clustered around the medical bot. Simultaneously, he activated his machine gun, and began sweeping from one side of the room to the other, spraying bullets like an evil garden sprinkler. His intention was not to kill, but to keep the heroes from doing anything but taking cover as he edged his way towards the desk and his target behind it.

The moment the first missile rocketed out of the elevator, Saracen flew straight upwards. His injuries didn't prevent him from flying, and he was more mobile this way than he was in his current condition on the ground.

He raised his rifle and began to drift sideways, opening fire on the enemy bot as bullets started to tear across the floor below him. Though he was still firing one-handed, he didn't favour the chances of a massive target like Arsenal evading his shots, especially not when confined to a cramped space like an elevator. 

IC Striker:

He kept an arm around the damaged bot, still holding his knife. This put the bot between Striker and the lasers. He fired his shotgun using the energy slugs rather than the buckshot.

In tight quarters he couldn't afford to hit one of the civilians, or the assets.

IC: Arsenal- Hospital foyer

Perhaps he hadn't been quite quick enough, as he soon felt Saracen's shots bite into his chest. His thick armor prevented the shot's from doing more crippling damage, but they would still hamper his attempts at the rescue if they continued. His machine gun keeping everyone else preoccupied, Arsenal extended his third rocket launcher, the one he held in his hand, and fired at the flying hero. The projectile would be difficult to dodge due to the hero's position, and even if it was, it would strike the ceiling, showering the hero with shrapnel and other debris. All the while, he continued to make his way to the desk.

The enemy bot raised a weapon - too big to be firing lasers or bullets - and he steadied himself, focusing his fire on what he could only assume to be some kind of explosive weapon. Sure enough, a missile shot forth from the barrel an instant later...

....I hate being right...

...only to be blown apart an instant later as it collided with one of his energy blasts. 

IC: Arsenal- Hospital Foyer

Arsenal barely had time to react as the missile exploded, sending shrapnel in all directions. He was just barely quick enough to avoid having his eyes gouged out by flying chunks of metal, though several embedded themselves in his body, causing yet more pain. Trying to disable the hero as quickly as possible, Arsenal briefly aimed his machine gun upwards, sending a hail of bullets towards his flying opponent, before quickly resuming his ground level sweeps. This had to do it. Machine gun shots were next to impossible to dodge, especially at such a short range. And he was so close to his target, just roughly a meter and a half away...

Momentarily blinded by the shrapnel and smoke from the explosion, there was no way for him to avoid the flurry of bullets that pounded his torso, sending him flying backwards. He tumbled through the smashed entrance and out into the street before finally righting himself. 

Throughout his previous battles against the laser grids, combat drones, Karter and so on, his chestplate had survived largely unharmed, so it had held up fairly well against the barrage of bullets. Realising his rifle was pretty much useless against this guy, he searched around the rubble-strewn street for something else he could use as a weapon...  

Success! Arsenal coldly laughed under his cracked helmet as his opponent was sent flying out of the building and into the street. With the other heroes pinned down, he quickly made his way over to the desk, and lifted the prone form of Karter over his shoulder. Never ceasing his barrage of gunfire, the mercenary began to make his way back to the elevator.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

IC: Fred Stinger-Street

Stinger had recently landed and was running through the streets, trying to find his way to the fight.  Following his way by the sound of explosions and such he was coming up on the Hospital when he spotted (Sarcane Rune).  "What is the situation?"  Stinger already had his shield and a wrist-blaster ready.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Success! Arsenal coldly laughed under his cracked helmet as his opponent was sent flying out of the building and into the street. With the other heroes pinned down, he quickly made his way over to the desk, and lifted the prone form of Karter over his shoulder. Never ceasing his barrage of gunfire, the mercenary made his way back to the elevator. Momentarily dropping Karter onto the elevator floor, he pressed the button to take him to the roof. As the doors closed, one final goodbye present for the heroes was thrown through the ever-shrinking gap: a grenade.

OOC: Uh, post nulled due to the fact that Jimmy Abacus, Ghid Squid, and Daxer Phyrus are still in the area. You can have him walk over to pick up Karter, but you really need to give Daxer a chance to respond before auto-carrying him to the exit. 

Please edit before continuing. 

GM NPC ROBOTS AND CITIZENS (NEAR STRIKER)

The robot Striker was using was torn to ribbons by its fellows' weaponry.

The citizens shrunk away from the battle, trying to stay out of the line of fire. The one kneeling over Stringer resumed his work, with several of the attack robots between him and Striker. 

Meanwhile, the energy slugs tore through some attack robot arms and legs. One hit the anti-quaza behind them, causing a minor concussion blast that wiped out a few of them. This caused some of the robots to shrink away from the substance and to push Bulk further along the tunnel, trying to get him past Striker and out of there. 

Edited by fishers64

Two profiles for me: 

A backup Hero for my main:

Name: Alex Drift

Powers and Abilities: Drift is an ace pilot, built to have extremely good reflexes. He doesn't have much in the way of powers besides his piloting skills.

Weapons: Drift carries a standard Hero Factory sidearm (as seen in the "Invasion From Below" sets, a pair of cuffs (no backup since he's just a driver), and a handful of impact grenades.

Bio: Drift is fresh from sim-training and doesn't have much field experience, but put him behind the wheel of anything and he perform better than most veteran heroes. Drift is a typical hero: jovial and open but also aware of his responsibility. He can also be a real jerk sometimes...

Appearance: GalleryFile.png

And my main guy (someone beat me to a hacker =/ ):

Name: Echo

Powers and Abilities: Echo's main role is as a hacker/infiltration specialist and he always carries a few of his favorite flash-drives (loaded with viruses and back-door programs) with him everywhere he goes. Echo can not use technopathy; he is limited to keyboards and wires. He is equipped with echolocation radar which allows him to map out compounds and other areas very quickly, but he can only use it while focusing (so he can't move, attack, etc.) while scanning. He wears light armor and sound dampeners which classifies him as a stealth Hero, even though he isn't equipped with a cloaking device. This means he can't take too many hits in a fight.

Weapons: Echo has a penchant for messy close-ranged melee weapons (chain-saws, serrated talons, etc.), often replacing entire arms. Echo has replaced his usual buzz-saw with a pair of extendable claws which can fold onto his forearms when not in use, keeping his hands free for computer work. He's also outfitted with short-ranged concussion blasters that make use of surrounding sound waves for ammo. Side gear includes a pair of cuffs, a limited medical kit, and a handful of flash drives loaded with viruses and back-door programs.

Appearance: Echo is tall and slim with a mostly silver color scheme and lime highlights. His armor usually includes slightly-larger-than-average thigh plates, which can open out to reveal a small storage area.

Personality: Echo is silent and professional in everything he does. He is a bit socially awkward, but performs surprisingly well when working with a squad. (Think Kopaka, only as a good team player.) 

Bio: Echo is a very useful team member to have owing to the fact that he's mostly memorized the entire Hero Factory database, or at least, the unrestricted parts of it. Unfortunately, he doesn't really talk much and keeps to himself, so his wisdom often goes unheard. During a recent fight, Echo has learned that his enhanced hearing can be distracting in combat. He has since developed a habit of turning down his audio-receptors when doing battle. 

Echo in action! https://youtu.be/8ZAOhrVBxH0

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Jet [sunny Square]: He gave a small, affirmative nod and made his way back to Aza. The cuffs were removed, and the rookie came and stood by Splint, holding the cuffs aloft for Ezec to see. He only hoped the villain would keep his word and leave peacefully. They couldn't afford to prolong this fight -- Rocka required medical attention, and the others were probably in sore need of backup.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC--Simon Trigger--Sky

As he stabilized, his head pounding, Simon saw what seemed like little more than a bot-sized mass of flame and smoke hurtling toward him. Suppressing an undignified yelp, he rocketed straight up, not even slowing down as the fireball zipped beneath him. Whoever had sent these attacks his way, Simon had to assume that the guy wasn't out of tricks.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Two profiles for me: 

A backup Hero for my main:

Name: Alex Drift

Powers and Abilities: Drift is an ace pilot, built to have extremely good reflexes. He doesn't have much in the way of powers besides his piloting skills.

Weapons: Drift carries a standard Hero Factory sidearm (as seen in the "Invasion From Below" sets, a pair of cuffs (no backup since he's just a driver), and a handful of impact grenades.

Bio: Drift is fresh from sim-training and doesn't have much field experience, but put him behind the wheel of anything and he perform better than most veteran heroes. Drift is a typical hero: jovial and open but also aware of his responsibility. He can also be a real jerk sometimes...

Appearance: GalleryFile.png

And my main guy (someone beat me to a hacker =/ ):

Name: Echo

Powers and Abilities: Echo's main role is as a hacker/infiltration specialist and he always carries a few of his favorite flash-drives (loaded with viruses and back-door programs) with him everywhere he goes. He is equipped with echolocation radar which allows him to map out compounds and other areas very quickly, but he can only use it while focusing (so he can't move, attack, etc.) while scanning. He wears light armor and sound dampeners which classifies him as a stealth Hero, even though he isn't equipped with a cloaking device. This means he can't take too many hits in a fight.

Weapons: Echo has a penchant for messy close-ranged melee weapons (chain-saws, serrated talons, etc.), often replacing entire arms. His weapons vary between missions. He's also outfitted with short-ranged concussion blasters that make use of surrounding sound waves for ammo.

Bio: Echo is a very useful team member to have owing to the fact that he's mostly memorized the entire Hero Factory database, or at least, the unrestricted parts of it. Unfortunately, he doesn't really talk much and keeps to himself, so his wisdom often goes unheard.

Echo in action! https://youtu.be/8ZAOhrVBxH0

Was going to join Corpus Rahkshi but 600 pages seems a little... late to just jump in. =/

Alex Drift approved. Echo not approved - I need you to clarify what weapons Echo has (which messy melee weapons) he brought to Tranquis so I don't have you pulling weapons out of thin air. Otherwise, he's fine. 

----------------------------------------

Also, as a general note, no more hacker or technopathic characters please. I already have three of them (Echo included), and they are all rough on me because I have to hand-define the effects of their powers when they are used. If you really want one, OK, but please distinguish yourself from the other hackers/techopaths we have in town. 

Thank You.