fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune

In response, Saracen opted for a tried and true tactic - he began to fly, weaving unpredictably through the air while continuing to rain fire down upon the enemy bot. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (2 - NEAR GHID SQUIDULUS)

Ghid would find that his kick would impact not the door, but one of the security robots, producing a dent in the aftermentioned leg and giving the robot a horrible limp. This meant that his attempt to slice off the same guards' leg actually connected...but his armor was thick enough to slow down the blade, getting it stuck in there. 

The other guard on Ghid's other side tried to kick Squidulus in the stomach. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOT (FIGHTING SARACEN)

The robot stopped firing to avoid hitting other things in the fray and focused on dodging his foe's shots. Admittedly, a few of them got through simply because his opponent was engaged in rapid flight maneuvers, while he had to move on the ground - a considerable disadvantage - destroying a good deal of his outside armor plating, but not damaging any major components quite yet. 

He began to move away from the battle down the adjacent hallway, hoping to get his opponent alone or possibly get himself repaired. Either would be a good idea.  

Edited by fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune.

These bots were a fair bit tougher than the feeble drones Karter had been controlling. Where'd these guys get so many resources? Under normal circumstances, Saracen might've continued pursuing the fleeing enemy, but given that he and the other heroes had less than two hours to prevent the destruction of the entire planet, he was forced to prioritise. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Echo - Just outside the Grand Tranq

By now, Echo had gotten most of the civilians outside and into the sunlight. Even from here he could hear the shouts of the person he had given his comm to, and she didn't sound any happier now than when she had first begun ranting at him. Echo shook his head. On this one he agreed with the angry citizen. Injured Heroes made sense to him, but the fact that Zib had so little trust in the Heroes he himself had sent as to have the populace evacuated in the event of their failure completely appalled him. He continued his march to the evac point anyway. At least he would be done with this awkward situation soon...

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: I'm going to take "can have a decent conversation" as "it's probably not within Thumper's morals to outright kill these robots".

IC: Eloise Thumper - In Enemy Base

Laser fire scorched her arms and peppered her legs- a good portion of the shots missed due to her ducking and sidestepping, but she was quite a large target- but she did not feel the burn, only the tap of the impact they made. Thumper advanced as quickly as she could, since she was limited to close combat, and threw an uppercut at one of the robots.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Ghid Squidulus

The kick hit Ghid's hip instead of his stomach, but because the blade was stuck in the other robot's leg, it didn't really make him go anywhere.

It did, however, hurt. Ghid growled angrily as he saw a bit of his armour chip off, hoping Jet would be able to handle that one.

GM NPC ZIB

Zib shuddered. "We'll try to get you home once we're sure it's safe. Can you give the communicator back to Echo now?"

GM IC TRACIA

Tracia threw the communicator to the ground and stomped on it, hoping it made a satisfying crunching noise on the other end. 

GM IC ???

Splint would find his attempt to reconnect Vantal's neck to be successful. Light returned to the Hero's eyes, and he groaned. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (2 - NEAR JET & SQUIDULUS)

The security robot that Jet was trying to tackle toppled over, seeing as the Hero had caught him mid-kick. However, he quickly got up, attempting to shove the Hero off of him. 

The robot that Ghid's blade was embedded in tried to punch Ghid in the face. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (3 - NEAR THUMPER)

The robot that Thumper tried to punch dodged the punch and tried to follow up with one of his own. The second one tried to kick the massive hero, while the third hung back for now. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOT (1 - BEING SHOT AT BY ABACUS)

The security robot ducked, letting the shot go over his head. 

GM NPC STRINGER

Stringer finished off his robot, shredding him with a precision sonic frequency.

GM NPC BULK

Bulk and the robots had been exchanging punches, kicks, laser blasts, and anti-quaza bursts. The security robots were badly beat up and still fighting, and Bulk's form had his share of laser burns and dents. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Someone please save Zib from all this bullying. <:L

Thumper twisted her shoulders to avoid the punch and used the momentum of the attacking robot's strike to flip him over her hip, hoping to have him land on the kicking robot.

"Look, amigos. I'm bigger than you, I'm stronger than you, I'm trained and able to beat up people twice your size with my bare hands." She pivoted to face her attackers once again, shoulder sparking briefly but apparently not enough for her to worry about. She could still move it, at least. She settled into a half-crouch, ready for another attack. "I think you'll be better off surrendering and letting us stop whatever evil plan you're pulling back there."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

With his robot foe in retreat, and the remaining security droids caught up fighting the other heroes, Saracen decided to take advantage of the opportunity and begin making his way around the battle, hoping to sneak past the remaining security bots and get to whatever it was that they were trying so hard to protect... 

GM IC SARACEN

The bots fighting Ghid and Jet were right in front of what the robots were trying to protect. It seemed there might be enough space for the flying hero to squeeze through and try the passcode Zib had given him for the door, but the two robots near said door would definitely notice. 

The security robot that was trying to kick Thumper hit the floor, shoving the thrown bot off. The third one snorted. "Yeah, and we've been trained to protect this place from Heroes like you, heavy hitter. So don't think you can just make us give in, softie." He then attempted to kick the Hero below that fancy belt. 

OOC: Groin shots in this universe aren't quite as painful as IRL ones, seeing as they are robots. He's just being nasty. 

OOC: Also I think it'd be hard to kick Thumper any higher, depending on how tall these robots are.

Thumper managed to grab the offending foot. She laughed; she had heard such things from friends in joking terms, from opponents to rile her up in the ring. But from a little guard robot attempting to harm her with a kick? That wasn't even enough to make her frown. Her grip was just tight enough to be painful on the leg she grasped, on top of being held in the air. She said, grinning, "What'd you just call me, little guy?"

OOC: Do you ever get conflicted as to how your own character will react to things? Eugh. I edited this real quick before anyone could respond to it. it just really wasn't in character to me. HOPEFULLY this works better.

In case anyone needs to know (since I didn't edit it for a couple hours): Thumper's original reaction was a lot angrier, but then I figured she's heard such things before. Smack-talking is a big part of wrestling from what I understand, after all. And having a little dude attempting to kick your heavily plated form and calling you a wuss is kind of... less than rage-inducing.

IC: Echo - Outside the Grand Tranq

Echo winced slightly as he heard a satisfying crunching noise coming from the now mostly empty lobby. He cycled radio communication to his ear-piece and set a note in his objectives to get a new backup wrist comm. He understood the citizen was upset, but there was no reason to smash his stuff. Evacuation, as disgraceful as it was, was standard protocol. Pushing aside his brief annoyance, he continued his march into the Sunny Square.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC Kathrine:

......"Ma'am?"

IC Kaiba Blader:

perhaps.... With amost of the Heroes on Tranquis, it was possible that Blader could get inside the factory. He wasn't yet sure what he'd do if he managed it, but at this point, he didn't much care. Branded a villain by those he'd once served, and for what? performing his duty?!

With a snarl, he punched in the coordinates for Makuhero City.

"I'm coming for you, old man...."

IC: Gadget Thompson/Hall near the Entrance

A large sound, the door opening, and fighting led Gadget to the conclusion that the Heroes just defeated the large presence and having entered the building. Deciding to help out he stepped out, found the first security bot he could find. He aimed the kryptonian rifle at the robot's legs.

OOC: Shooting at the one fighting Abacus.

IC Jet [Enemy Base - Hall Near Rocket]:

Jet was shoved aside and onto his back, and responded by swinging one of his legs out to try and trip the robot. Whether it worked or not, the rookie was already twisting his lower half over his head in a sort of flip and pushing himself back to his feet.

IC Wolfe [Enemy Base - Northeast Hall]:

Hearing a groan from Mene Vantal, Wolfe strode back over to the injured Hero and the doc to see what was going on. "How's he doing?" he asked Splint.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Crowley - Grand Tranq. 

Hiding was boring. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

OOC: Also I think it'd be hard to kick Thumper any higher, depending on how tall these robots are.

Thumper managed to grab the offending foot. She laughed; she had heard such things from friends in joking terms, from opponents to rile her up in the ring. But from a little guard robot attempting to harm her with a kick? That wasn't even enough to make her frown. Her grip was just tight enough to be painful on the leg she grasped, on top of being held in the air. She said, grinning, "What'd you just call me, little guy?"

OOC: Do you ever get conflicted as to how your own character will react to things? Eugh. I edited this real quick before anyone could respond to it. it just really wasn't in character to me. HOPEFULLY this works better.

In case anyone needs to know (since I didn't edit it for a couple hours): Thumper's original reaction was a lot angrier, but then I figured she's heard such things before. Smack-talking is a big part of wrestling from what I understand, after all. And having a little dude attempting to kick your heavily plated form and calling you a wuss is kind of... less than rage-inducing.

OOC: Robot in question is actually pretty big. I tried to establish that they were more muscle-y and armor plated than the cheap droids Karter had on the surface earlier, in addition to being smarter. 

The robot in Thumper's grip shoved his trapped foot into Thumper's grip, hoping to ram it into the Hero's stomach. Another robot took a swing at Thumper's arm - the one holding the other one's leg. 

IC: Echo - Outside the Grand Tranq

Echo winced slightly as he heard a satisfying crunching noise coming from the now mostly empty lobby. He cycled radio communication to his ear-piece and set a note in his objectives to get a new backup wrist comm. He understood the citizen was upset, but there was no reason to smash his stuff. Evacuation, as disgraceful as it was, was standard protocol. Pushing aside his brief annoyance, he continued his march into the Sunny Square.

GM IC TRACIA

Tracia did not hear Katherine's comment as the communicator was smashed. She stomped after Echo. That mission commander was so full of it - he was going to get a piece of her mind, and maybe her fists, too. 

-----------------------------------------------

OOC: Any Civilian Characters you all have created can go with Echo in the evacuation. If you don't want to have that happen, I'll allow you to drop them once this mission is over and pick up a slot. 

GM NPC BREEZE (TALKING TO KATHRINE ABOUT TRACIA)

"Yeah, that's pretty bad. I'm going to go calm her down." 

"Everyone else, head towards the hospital for backup."

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOT (1 - W/GADGET AND ABACUS)

The shots that Abacus fired punched some holes in the robots' side and arms. Focused on dodging that, it missed the approach of Gadget. 

The leg closest to Gadget exploded with a boom, badly damaging the other leg and rendering the robot a flaming wreck. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (2 - NEAR JET & SQUIDULUS)

Jet would find that his attempt to trip the security robot to be unsuccessful. His attempt to get back on his feet was unopposed, however, so the distraction was probably worthwhile. 

Meanwhile, Squidulus knife was getting even more embedded in the robot's leg as said robot's back hit the wall. It tried to get away from the wall, leaving it to hop around Ghid on one foot. 

GM IC ???

"I'm fine," he grumbled. "Just get these pesky nanites off me. I've been out too long, and I have real business to attend to."

He then turned to Splint. "Sorry, I'm being nasty. Thanks for saving my life, but I really should be going now." 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: "Mission commander" I'm assuming is referring to Zib and not Echo, right?

IC: Echo - Sunny Square

Echo had almost reached the other side of the Sunny Square when the enraged civilian began stomping towards him from the hotel. Coming to break more of his gadgets, no doubt. The Hero kept his eye on her as he got closer to the extraction point...

OOC: Whoops. Thought these robots were smaller. Ah well.

Thumper took the impact without so much as a grunt, though the kick hit with a loud clang, and yanked the foot up to throw the robot off balance, releasing it as she did so. She turned at the feel of an impact on her arm, and glanced at the dent the other robot's punch had made. She hummed briefly in consideration.

"You guys are trained to take out Heroes like me, huh?" She grabbed the robot's head with one hand to hold it steady, and punched it with the other. "All I'm seeing so far are the kind of 'bots I crushed in Newbie League Wrestling."

OOC: "Mission commander" I'm assuming is referring to Zib and not Echo, right?

IC: Echo - Sunny Square

Echo had almost reached the other side of the Sunny Square when the enraged civilian began stomping towards him from the hotel. Coming to break more of his gadgets, no doubt. The Hero kept his eye on her as he got closer to the extraction point...

OOC: Yes. 

GM IC TRACIA

Tracia ignored Echo as she kept on going. He had just became irrelevant to her.

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (3 - W/THUMPER)

"Newbie League?" one of the robots snorted. "I used to be in Advanced League, kid Hero, before I was given this post." He made to slug Thumper in the gut, hoping to turn that into a hold. 

Meanwhile, Thumper's punch landed, denting in the other robot's face and damaging his vocal circuits. The third robot got up off of the floor. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOT (1 - ATTACHED TO SQUIDULUS VIA LEG)

As Squidulus fell over, he took the security robot he was battling down with him, at least temporarily. 

Saracen would now find that he would be able to go through the door. 

He flew towards the door, managing a quick "Thanks" to Ghid as he passed. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

GM IC SARACEN 

Sarcen would quickly find that there was a passcode to open the door, which thanks to Zib's information, he knew: 56-891-346. 

Behind the door,through the window between it and the hall,  there appeared to be a citizen working away in a rush at a desk. There were a bunch of others disassembling robotic arms and moving equipment away from a rocket next to the office. Two other citizens were typing frantically on a computer, and one screen nearby displayed the Sunstorm countdown at 1 hour and 30 minutes to launch. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Control Room.

"Everyone drop what you're doing and step away from the consoles," he shouted as he walked into the room, rifle held at the ready, "let's make this easy on everyone." 

GM NPC CITIZENS (NEAR SARACEN)

"No" one of the citizens said, frantically pushing keys faster. "Just a few more seconds!" The other one sitting at his computer froze, uncertain. 

The citizen working at the desk shuffled papers off of it and backed away towards the rocket. 

OOC: Oh, she's not going there. I just needed to know if I could incorporate it into her WITTY BANTER. Decided against it when I realised that calling attention to how they had failed to guard their EVIL DOOR would probably bring a lot of heat down on the Heroes over there. Thumper's buff, but I don't think even she could crash-tackle three guards at once to impede their attack. At least, not without a running start.

And to clarify: she is taking damage from the direct hits she gets. She just doesn't really feel them. It'd take a jackhammer to the face or something to get any sort of response. And her armour's pretty dang thick, too.

Thumper took the punch and responded with one of her own, to the robot's jaw. She grinned. "I would've thought such a super duper Advanced League guard 'bot would be better at fighting. They must have let just about anyone in when you were there. I bet they didn't even give you a cool name."

IC: Saracen Rune - Beyond the Door of Evulz. 

Without further hesitation, he fired at the citizen who'd refused. 

OOC: Lol @ door of evulz. Also, figured you would. :P

The bullet hit the citizen in the back of the head, smashing his face into the computer screen with an enormous crash. The other citizen turned around to see the Hero in the door and screamed in fright.

The one from the desk ran toward the rocket, papers in hand. 

Thumper took the punch and responded with one of her own, to the robot's jaw. She grinned. "I would've thought such a super duper Advanced League guard 'bot would be better at fighting. They must have let just about anyone in when you were there. I bet they didn't even give you a cool name."

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (3 - W/THUMPER)

The security robot did not respond, instead trying to slide his hand up Thumper's side to get at her shoulder. The robot with the broken face tried to grab Thumper's other arm. 

Meanwhile, the third one's attention was diverted by a terrible scream and...no, this was very bad. He headed towards the door. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Control Room of Doom.

He leaped into flight, aiming to tackle the fleeing citizen from behind. 

Unfortunately, Saracen was just a bit too slow; the citizen jumped off the edge of the office room and fell next to the rocket with a noticeable thud.

He had been trying to kill himself, but it was unsuccessful - the only thing the citizen did was badly damage his chest and knock himself out. Of course, when and if the Sunstorm rockets fired, he would be burned alive, but alas, he was not yet dead. 

The papers had been in his hand when he hit the floor and were now scattered across the bottom of the rocket bay. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Really Evil Rocket Bay. 

He flew down to where the rogue civilian had fallen and started gathering up the scattered printouts -  Seriously, who even uses paper anymore? - with his free hand. 

IC: Gadget Thompson/Hallways, Engaging in Battle

Despite the explosion and recoil that made him stagger quite a lot, he was elated and did a fist pump in the air.
"YEAH!" he thought.

Now to help everyone else.

He took careful aim and fired a couple rounds at the robot running to the door. He wasn't going to run away any time soon.

OOC: Aiming at the back of the robot.

IC: Azure Stryker/Grand Tranq

"Hello," he spoke to the hero (Echo) through comms. "This is Azure Stryker. I managed to clear the top floors of brains, with the help of the citizens, and all citizens from up there are accounted for."

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

IC: Leighla Artemis - Sunny Square

Her camera bot chirping excitedly at the sudden boost of its signal strength, it only took Leighla a few minutes of walking around before she eventually ran into a collection of people being led down the street by a Hero. Seeing no Brains attached to any of them, she assumed it was safe to approach and began trying to get their attention.

"Excuse me, but what's going on over here?" she asked, politely addressing the leader of the group.

OOC: That's Echo and Co.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.