fishers64

GM NPC ZIB

"And what if it decides to break out while this ship is in space, putting the rest of us in danger?" Zib said. "The basement used to be a villain storage unit. Why don't we put it down there in a cell, that way if it decides to free itself, we will be able to see it coming before we get blasted to bits? I'm trying to think in practical terms here."

OOC: Is my character slipping? I may have to null myself if so.

Edited by fishers64

OOC: I think it might have been Zib suggesting killing a person. I'm not sure about the rest- what to do with Traferous is a really tricky issue. There's not much we can do about him.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

"Fine," he grumbled, unceremoniously kicking the tarp back down into the basement. "I'll try to find a cell that still works." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I think it might have been Zib suggesting killing a person. I'm not sure about the rest- what to do with Traferous is a really tricky issue. There's not much we can do about him.

OOC: You've been doing a terrific job so far. :shrugs: :lookaround: (I am the worst actual RPG player in terms of winning battles - haven't you noticed? - I can't even win with the most OP character in the game.)

The big problem is like what Nato was in Voltex's Bionicle vs. Ninjago Mafia - by attacking Traferous, you're losing - and if you ignore him, he fails. Or you could think out of the box - and less like Saracen. :P

Or you could think out of the box - and less like Saracen. :P

OOC: Given everything Traferous has gone and done after the last time the heroes let him walk away, and everything the guy's survived during their encounters, Saracen wants to definitely, completely, 100% make sure that he's dead. 

But since heroes aren't supposed to kill, that's proving to be kinda difficult... 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ROCKA

Rocka began looking around for a Hero Pod in the area near the restaurant where he landed.

GM NPC STORMER

"Last I saw Von Nebula, he was trying to break into my head," Stormer said. "I'm not sure how would manage to break villains out of jail. Does he have any machinery on him that he's controlling?"

Edited by fishers64

OOC: I just double-checked, and according to both Heropedia and HS01, Evo and Nex were sent together in the same pod to assist Alpha Team in Trial by Fire.

So if two full-sized, fully-armed heroes can fit themselves and their weird bulky shield thingies comfortably inside of a single pod, a lone hero and a smaller, unarmed civilian fitting into one probably isn't much of a stretch. 

Edited by Shadow Nato
  • Upvote 3

OOC: I just double-checked, and according to both Heropedia and HS01, Evo and Nex were sent together in the same pod to assist Alpha Team in Trial by Fire.

So if two full-sized, fully-armed heroes can fit themselves and their weird bulky shield thingies comfortably inside of a single pod, a lone hero and a smaller, unarmed civilian fitting into one probably isn't much of a stretch. 

Edited to remove brain-dead line.

OOC: To Fishers' credit, the first four episodes made them look tiny. I don't have the episode with me to check at the moment, so I can't confirm- Heropedia has a nasty habit of making assumptions- but I'm enjoying the mental image of an awkwardly cramped Hero Pod ride, so I have absolutely no complaints.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: It's fine. I had to check myself to be sure, since the pods in the show were depicted as being pretty small. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Basement. 

"You stay right there," he grunted, shoving the tarp and its grisly contents into a still-functioning cell. He considered sticking around to keep an eye on things, but there'd been no sign of life from the remains yet, and in the unlikely circumstance that Traferous was still alive, chances were that he wouldn't be moving around while he knew someone was there.

"Alright, done," he called Zib once more, "Secured the remains. Anyone else need help?" 

EDIT: Found the episode on YouTube, just to be sure, and took a screenshot for reference. 

Edited by Shadow Nato

Or you could think out of the box - and less like Saracen. :P

OOC: Given everything Traferous has gone and done after the last time the heroes let him walk away, and everything the guy's survived during their encounters, Saracen wants to definitely, completely, 100% make sure that he's dead. 

But since heroes aren't supposed to kill, that's proving to be kinda difficult...

OOC: That's a legit character motivation/sequence. The problem with it is that he is kinda doomed to fail...which some people could view as unfair. (But then again, people do things that are doomed to fail in real life too, so I guess...um?)

The thing is, though, Traferous has been defeated twice now, and his-sort-of-half-victory on Mechron has been undone by this defeat, so not only is he overpowered, he is largely ineffectual. You can argue that he blew up the Factory, but given how he wasn't a terrific fan of that in the first place and that it cost him so much in the damage to his ship, he's obviously not going to put that on his resume. 

I can think of at least several ways to get rid of him though. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the rationale for why I created the character in the first place: 

1)  I needed some sort of mechanism to move PC villain characters around between planets. The conspiracy operates in secret, so they aren't going to take any villain that comes along, and the Brain Master has his own canon hoard of organics, so he's probably not a fan of new buddies.

2) Blowing up Tranquis VII is fun. 

3) The canon Hero Factory series big failing (that Bionicle didn't have :P) was the lack of a main, consistent villain. Von Nebula could have been it...but I was starting on Tranquis, and the idea of him blowing things up was absurd. I think also that Von might have made a bad series villain too anyway...all he had was a personal vendetta against Stormer specifically, which wasn't something to build a long story out of. 

The conspiracy and the Brain Master could have fit the "consistent villain" bill...but not really. They are still too much of the "attack from afar until we are defeated/killed model", which is the standard HF ran on. I needed something more interesting than that - a PC villain who would actually attack himself instead of delegating the task, interact with the villains and other characters. 

And since he had no army, and since he had to be consistent, I had to give him a ton of power so he wouldn't be killed easily and reduce the story appeal of the RPG . To prevent him from killing everyone, I gave him this oblique philosophical alignment, putting a shade of gray into a very black and very white story.

And that's how I ended up with Traferous.  

--------------------------------------------

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous broke apart with the hitting of himself onto the basement floor, and then being kicked into a cell. So much for temporary advantages. OOOOWWWW. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC Wolfe - Fighting Var:

Wolfe watched Var warily. The smartest thing for him to do would be to keep his distance. As a long-range fighter, it would be expected of him. Attacking the villain at close-range was considered, but he wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to get up close and personal with that plasma sword. However...

He stood up in mock stiffness and picked up a fallen arrow. The damaged red fletching told him it was an explosive type; one that could no longer be fired. He tucked his bow under his arm and started to unscrew the arrowhead as he backed away from Var. "You sure are cocky for being the last villain standing," he bluffed nonchalantly. "Even if you take me out, there are other Heroes nearby who can take care of you." He palmed the explosive arrowhead and tossed the useless shaft away, then let his hand hover over the hilt of his combat dagger to conceal his holding the makeshift grenade.

IC NPC Bulk and Helen - Astral:

Bulk glanced up. "No...?"

"Good," Helen replied without looking up from her datapad. "I'm sending you to go assist Eloise Thumper. She's onboard one of the fallen ships, supervising two of the villains, one of whom is injured. We need you guys to bring them in before they can regroup with the other villains."

"On it," Bulk answered before heading out.

Helen hailed Thumper. "He's on his way," she said casually.

• Upvote 1

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: FOCUS [sHADY BAR]

Focus chuckled - it was a dry, humorless sound, over almost before it began.

"I'm no Hero," he murmured, shaking his head and taking the drink offered to him by the bartender. "Not anymore."

The look on his face briefly turned somewhat quizzical as he examined the drink in his hand, wondering what would happen if he actually ingested it. He shrugged, still pondering the issue as he continued, "I don't mean to sound melodramatic. But my life is my own, and the Hero Factory has no more say in what I think or what I do."

OOC: So does anybody have any idea what downing alcohol would do to a robot?

OOC: Okay... Here's hoping that this is the last time I have to do this.

Name: Phantom (insert obligatory Y60K reference here :P)

Character Type: Villain

Powers and Abilities: Diagnostic Holographic Scanning - Phantom can scan almost anyone within her line of sight (provided that they are of a similar height, weight, and build), granting her access to a quick rundown of their current condition, previous injuries, and vocal patterns, along with a complete three-dimensional layout of their appearance. She can then cloak herself within a light-based projection of said target, which both looks and feels like the original (impacts of considerable force will expose her, however, and active projections afford her no additional armor), allowing her to bypass security cameras without much notice while simultaneously concealing any weapons she has in her possession from view (so long as she isn't attempting to use them, obviously), although a critical programming error that was unable to be patched before her activation renders this ability quite useless while in the vicinity of signal jamming devices. Her armor is also constructed out of a unique metalic alloy capable of scrambling the frequencies of any scanners directed towards her person in order to maintain her cover, causing them to appear to malfunction so long as they continue to target her, though this also makes her more difficult to repair, as it prevents medical scanners from properly diagnosing her condition.

Weapons: Moonlight Katana - Despite its remarkable craftsmanship and light blue blade, this is a relatively straightforward weapon, designed specifically for stabbing or slashing at nearby foes, and not much else.

Dual Terminator Hand Cannons, modified with Suppressor Attachments - Can expend six shots each before needing to be manually reloaded; possesses decent stopping power, and are semi-automatic. While later models are capable of firing a larger variety of ammunition types, Phantom prefers to stick to the classics, purposefully limiting herself to the most basic of rounds so that she spends less time cleaning and performing maintenance on them.

Explosive Gel Sniper Rifle - A relatively silent weapon that fires capsules which shatter upon impact with their targets, splashing them with a chemically inert substance that can be detonated remotely via a frequency emitter controlled by a secondary trigger on the rifle. While the resulting explosion does generate enough force to dent armor and possibly knock people back a bit, Phantom primarily uses it to arrange potentially deadly "accidents" from afar, mostly in an effort to counter its low damage output.

Appearance: Phantom is primarily silver, transparent purple, and transparent light blue. She has light blue eyes, purple tendrils flowing off the back of her head, two talons emerging from each foot, and a skeletal motif that is littered in spikes.

Bio: Phantom is a Model FNTM-47 Assassin Bot created by a Villain unknown to Hero Factory's database, who intended to build an army that could not only infiltrate their way into the Assembly Tower, but also destroy them from the inside. He died shortly before his plans could be realised, however, and she and her sadistic sisters were eventually auctioned off on the black market in order to cover his debts. A gang of small-time criminals ended up buying her in the hopes of bettering themselves by having her take out a local mob kingpin, but after figuring out that she was more intelligent than all of them put together within her first hour of activation, she turned on her supposed "masters," murdering them all with nothing but her bare hands.

Not too long afterwards, she ended up becoming a professional contract killer, and a highly requested one at that.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: So does anybody have any idea what downing alcohol would do to a robot?

OOC: There's only one way to find out. :P

In all seriousness, though, it's probably not a good idea to pour bar-quality alcohol onto circuitry and electronics, and especially not when said circuitry and electronics are still turned on. 

IC: Uerub Kalslann
"Ah~, a rogue hero then. That's even more interesting. What made you defect? Regulations too strict for your tastes?" Uerub asked Focus, apparently genuinely interested.

IC: Var Vicious
"Take you out? You're the one who fired those arrows first, droid. I'm only protecting myself. You are the aggressor in this situation." Var sheathed her lighsaber and clipped it back to her waist. "But as a gesture of good faith, I'm going to let you go, on the condition you do not attempt to either capture me, or harm me in any way, or act in any manner that would result in my hindrance." Var stood there in front of Wolfe, seemingly unguarded. "I suggest you take my offer. It's rare for a Sith to show mercy to those that oppose them."

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Okay... Here's hoping that this is the last time I have to do this.

Name: Phantom (insert obligatory Y60K reference here :P)

Powers and Abilities: Diagnostic Holographic Scanning - Phantom can scan almost anyone within her line of sight (provided that they are of a similar height, weight, and build), granting her access to a quick rundown of their current condition, previous injuries, and vocal patterns, along with a complete three-dimensional layout of their appearance. She can then cloak herself within a light-based projection of said target, which both looks and feels like the original (impacts of considerable force will expose her, however, and active projections afford her no additional armor), allowing her to bypass security cameras without much notice while simultaneously concealing any weapons she has in her possession from view (so long as she isn't attempting to use them, obviously), although a critical programming error that was unable to be patched before her activation renders this ability quite useless while in the vicinity of signal jamming devices. Her armor is also constructed out of a unique metalic alloy capable of scrambling the frequencies of any scanners directed towards her person in order to maintain her cover, causing them to appear to malfunction so long as they continue to target her, though this also makes her more difficult to repair, as it prevents medical scanners from properly diagnosing her condition.

Weapons: Moonlight Katana - Despite its remarkable craftsmanship and light blue blade, this is a relatively straightforward weapon, designed specifically for stabbing or slashing at nearby foes, and not much else.

Dual Terminator Hand Cannons, modified with Suppressor Attachments - Can expend six shots each before needing to be manually reloaded; possesses decent stopping power, and are semi-automatic. While later models are capable of firing a larger variety of ammunition types, Phantom prefers to stick to the classics, purposefully limiting herself to the most basic of rounds so that she spends less time cleaning and performing maintenance on them.

Explosive Gel Sniper Rifle - A relatively silent weapon that fires capsules which shatter upon impact with their targets, splashing them with a chemically inert substance that can be detonated remotely via a frequency emitter controlled by a secondary trigger on the rifle. While the resulting explosion does generate enough force to dent armor and possibly knock people back a bit, Phantom primarily uses it to arrange potentially deadly "accidents" from afar, mostly in an effort to counter its low damage output.

Appearance: Phantom is primarily silver, transparent purple, and transparent light blue. She has light blue eyes, purple tendrils flowing off the back of her head, two talons emerging from each foot, and a skeletal motif that is littered in spikes.

Bio: Phantom is a Model FNTM-47 Assassin Bot created by a Villain unknown to Hero Factory's database, who intended to build an army that could not only infiltrate their way into the Assembly Tower, but also destroy them from the inside. He died shortly before his plans could be realised, however, and she and her sadistic sisters were eventually auctioned off on the black market in order to cover his debts. A gang of small-time criminals ended up buying her in the hopes of bettering themselves by having her take out a local mob kingpin, but after figuring out that she was more intelligent than all of them put together within her first hour of activation, she turned on her supposed "masters," murdering them all with nothing but her bare hands.

Not too long afterwards, she ended up becoming a professional contract killer, and a highly requested one at that.

APPROVED. 

• Upvote 1

OOC: Because I seriously need another villain.  :P

Name: Blink (MOC link)

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Blink is amphibious and so can breathe water as well as air. She is armed with a high-accuracy assault rifle (which she is actually very bad at aiming with), a power sword, a handful of lockpicks, and a collapsible set of wings which allows her to glide for short distances. Her power sword can be charged with energy to increase the cutting power or held by a small secondary handle and spun to create a force-shield. Blink also possesses the unique ability of teleporting whenever she falls asleep. This is tied to a beacon, so she has some control over where she'll end up.

Appearance: Blink is a Pluppy, a race of amphibious aliens quite common throughout the galaxy. Her skin is black and she wears a pair of baggy, industrial-looking black shorts. She also wears a set of purple mesh armoring which can prevent minor damage such as that from a knife, but will not protect her from bullets or more powerful attacks. Her head has a few fins at the back and sports two large, bulbous blue eyes.

Bio: Blink's father is one of the rare people on Mechna left with any shreds of moral integrity. He works as a high class merchant in the Middle District. Unfortunately, his daughter fell in with a bad crowd (basically everyone on Mechna) despite his high standing and turned to a life of crime. Even though she carries many specialized tools she stole from cooler villains, Blink has a strange aversion to violence and will only strike when backed into a corner. This streak of pacifism has led her down the road of thievery rather than that of mugging or bounty-hunting, but she has never been particularly good at covering her tracks and so has been incarcerated over sixteen times. Blink eventually grew so tired of being locked up that she had some... well, not quite legal doctors perform an experimental surgery on her that would allow her to teleport. The experiment went wrong however and she can only teleport when she falls asleep. Luckily, she managed to have the doctors tie this ability to a small beacon, so she can choose where she'll end up. Using her new power and a very, very large supply of coffee, Blink now commits small acts of petty theft while extremely tired and simply falls asleep to escape.

*Notes: Blink's teleport only works when she first falls asleep. She will not teleport back to her beacon if she is carried away from it while still unconcious. She also cannot teleport over interplanetary distances, so if she leaves the world her beacon is on, she will randomly teleport to anywhere within a few hundred kilometers (can only appear in open air or water, not inside walls, other people, etc.) when she goes to sleep. 

Blink will often plan crimes while very sleepy but kept awake with coffee, so will make very foolish decisions and otherwise act as you would expect a very tired person would.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: @Timeimageness: Sounds good to me.

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"Unfortunately, I cannot hold any weapons now," the ghost said. It moved closer to Fravi, passing into her form and out of it. "She has some knives, though."

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

Gorn was fully prepared to charge Night Stalker, when he noticed someone else. Conversing with Night Stalker was the incorporeal form of Von Nebula. Gorn honestly didn't know what to do. He had met the villain a few times back when he was still going by Von Ness. He had been a member of Alpha team, despite not being especially heroic. When he deserted his team during a fight, Gorn remembered being unsurprised by the news. However, if what the current Alpha Team members had said about him was any indication, he had truly become a force to be reckoned with in the time after his desertion. Gorn would have no chance against him in combat, but combat was all that Gorn knew. He needed guidance from someone else on how to handle the situation. In desperation, Gorn tried contacting Preston Stormer. He had no idea if the Alpha leader had even survived the Factory's destruction, but if anyone knew Von Nebula, it was him...

IC: Night Stalker

"Knives are no good.  I'm not a robot who's good with knives."  That's when Night Stalker noticed Gorn looking at him.  He was about to swear when he remembered the hero's weapon.  A sly grin crossed his face as he turned back to Von Nebula.  "Question: would it be possible for you to possess that hero over there and give me his plasma sword?  Now that's a weapon I could get behind."

IC: FOCUS [sHADY BAR]

"That was the problem," Focus replied. "Except that they aren't regulations - they're code. Every Hero's personality, our morals, our decision-making processes... all of it was coded into us. Most won't ever question it, and even fewer will realize what it means."

He shrugged, giving up on figuring out what the drink would do to him and downing it in one.

"I'm a glitch in the system, if you will. A Hero that can think for himself... and the Factory didn't take kindly to me questioning their methods."

IC: Uerub Kalslann

"Ah~, a rogue hero then. That's even more interesting. What made you defect? Regulations too strict for your tastes?" Uerub asked Focus, apparently genuinely interested.

OOC: Did you actually trademark the shady bar?

IC: Morphos

A rogue hero?  Interesting.  You didn't see many of them around.  It could pay to keep tabs on this one.  After all, word on the street was that tourists had been calling hero factory about that giant wormhole, and if heroes wold be swinging by chances were they'd pay good money to locate one of their fallen brethren.

Morphos took a seat at the bar a few seats down from them and asked for a drink.

OOC: Because I seriously need another villain.  :P

Name: Blink (MOC link)

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Blink is amphibious and so can breathe water as well as air. She is armed with a high-accuracy assault rifle (which she is actually very bad at aiming with), a power sword, a handful of lockpicks, and a collapsible set of wings which allows her to glide for short distances. Her power sword can be charged with energy to increase the cutting power or held by a small secondary handle and spun to create a force-shield. Blink also possesses the unique ability of teleporting whenever she falls asleep. This is tied to a beacon, so she has some control over where she'll end up.

Appearance: Blink is a Pluppy, a race of amphibious aliens quite common throughout the galaxy. Her skin is black and she wears a pair of baggy, industrial-looking black shorts. She also wears a set of purple mesh armoring which can prevent minor damage such as that from a knife, but will not protect her from bullets or more powerful attacks. Her head has a few fins at the back and sports two large, bulbous blue eyes.

Bio: Blink's father is one of the rare people on Mechna left with any shreds of moral integrity. He works as a high class merchant in the Middle District. Unfortunately, his daughter fell in with a bad crowd (basically everyone on Mechna) despite his high standing and turned to a life of crime. Even though she carries many specialized tools she stole from cooler villains, Blink has a strange aversion to violence and will only strike when backed into a corner. This streak of pacifism has led her down the road of thievery rather than that of mugging or bounty-hunting, but she has never been particularly good at covering her tracks and so has been incarcerated over sixteen times. Blink eventually grew so tired of being locked up that she had some... well, not quite legal doctors perform an experimental surgery on her that would allow her to teleport. The experiment went wrong however and she can only teleport when she falls asleep. Luckily, she managed to have the doctors tie this ability to a small beacon, so she can choose where she'll end up. Using her new power and a very, very large supply of coffee, Blink now commits small acts of petty theft while extremely tired and simply falls asleep to escape.

*Notes: Blink's teleport only works when she first falls asleep. She will not teleport back to her beacon if she is carried away from it while still unconcious. She also cannot teleport over interplanetary distances, so if she leaves the world her beacon is on, she will randomly teleport to anywhere within a few hundred kilometers (can only appear in open air or water, not inside walls, other people, etc.) when she goes to sleep. 
Blink will often plan crimes while very sleepy but kept awake with coffee, so will make very foolish decisions and otherwise act as you would expect a very tired person would.

Approved. 

OOC: Awesomesauce.

Forgot to specify what type of character she was, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out for anyone reading through the profile.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Alright guys, prepare yourselves for this next profile.

Hero Profile:  
Name: Penelope "Peppy" Starburst (formerly known as Penelope Darkshade)

Powers and Abilities: 

"Starburst": Peppy has the power to create glowing ember-like apparitions as well as flashes which serve little purpose other than to distract enemies. She can control their brightness, all the way up to them being blindingly bright. This ability is actually only a sub-set of her real powers, which is the power to manipulate light particles in an area. This was meant to allow her to cloak herself from others by creating zones of darkness, but she went in a completely different direction with it. 

Movement: She is also extraordinarily agile, and can fly using similar mechanisms as Saracen Rune, what with gravity manipulators and such, although modified to allow her to reach up to 200% of her terminal velocity.

Weapon(s): Although she originally possessed two vibro-daggers and a silent energy gun, she has since discarded them for a two-handed golden staff with a five-point star on one end. She can use it for close combat, although it also helps her to channel her "starburst" ability. She calls it "The Celestial Wand".

Appearance: Originally, Peppy was clad in mean-looking jet-black armour, and had red glowing eyes and core, with her helmet shaped like a skull. She has since changed her appearance, and now sports softer-looking pink and white armour. Replacing her skull helmet is a very stylized and cartoony looking skull-shaped helmet with wings on either side that resemble large puffy ponytails. Her eyes and core still glow red, but she has modified both with glass that turns the light bold pink. She has always had a short and slender build.

Bio: Originally built to be an assassin build black-ops hero, Peppy rejected that role to become its very opposite. She now takes on missions just as any of her other fellow heroes, and brings a cheery, and often at times overly optimistic, disposition to the battlefield. How ever, she can be a very efficient fighter when battling an opponent, to the point of some heroes thinking her mannerisms are just a deception to make opponents lower their guard. In reality it's just her true personality, but it does achieve said effect of deception quite nicely.

Edited by Toa Onaku
  • Upvote 1

GM IC DR. LIE & 78

"Can you hold this, 78?" Dr. Lie said. Reluctantly, 78 went back to the Doctor, holding the broken arm while Dr. Lie applied an admittedly crude cast to the broken limb. He knew he would have to wait for the cast to harden before moving that arm again. "Get that sling," he said, and she got it, setting it on the table. 

With that, he went back to sewing. "You two can go," he said to 78 and Thumper. "I'm not going to hurt anything or anyone here. I have no powers of importance - just an organic healing power that works on other people, not myself, or else I would have used it by now. And besides, I'm in bad shape, and I need some rest, and you two are just going to get it the way of that." 

GM IC ???

"Hello?"

IC: The Deconstructor - Mechna Spaceport.

"This is Foreman Decon," it answered, opting for the shortened version of its name, "Is this rogue hero worth keeping tabs on, or do you believe it an issue not worth our time?"  

GM IC ???

"Thank you for informing us," the voice on the other end said. "If the Hero is truly rogue, he is not important. He will find what he needs here. If he is not rogue, he will soon reveal himself as a threat. We will proceed if and when he does." 

IC: Timothy Gyro - Engine Room

Gyro laughed. "Now that's what I call real art. Let's go find something cool to do. Maybe a villain escaped outside or something."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper - Dr Lie's Office

"Okay," Thumper said, slightly distracted by the news she had received over her comms. "Uh, see you later, then. But don't go anywhere, okay?"

IC: Eloise Thumper - With 78 East

"Oh, no," Thumper shook her head. "No, they were happy to send someone. They're just... The person they're sending is someone I really, uh... admire."

She perked up. "I'm sure he can sort this all out, though. He'll know what's happening, and he's very nice."

GM IC 78 EAST

"That actually makes a lot of sense," 78 said. "He must be really smart." Her mind immediately conjured up the pictures of civilians handing Traferous gifts and smiling nervously as he passed by, hoping to make a good impression.

They didn't do that for 78, of course. Not yet. She was just an experiment, but one that would succeed.  

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

"He really is," Thumper agreed, walking through the doorway. She grinned to herself. "I see him reading a lot. I think he's very clever."

She paused, and then turned to her companion. "So, if you and your friends aren't villains, what were you guys doing with that big ship over Hero Factory? Were you fighting the people who were attacking it?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

GM IC ???

"Thank you for informing us," the voice on the other end said. "If the Hero is truly rogue, he is not important. He will find what he needs here. If he is not rogue, he will soon reveal himself as a threat. We will proceed if and when he does." 

IC: The Deconstructor - Mechan Spaceport.

"Understood," it intoned, closing its comms and resuming its work. 

Movement: She is also extraordinarily agile, and can fly using similar mechanisms as Saracen Rune, what with gravity manipulators and such, although modified to allow her to reach up to 200% of her terminal velocity.

OOC: Whoa... what? Saracen's capacitors work by altering the effect of existing gravity on his body, allowing him to effectively "fall" in whatever direction he wants. His speed is limited to his terminal velocity because that's as fast as gravity alone will allow him to move. 

If Peppy can increase her speed past this, then clearly her flight is not achieved by manipulating gravity, but by generating it. And, as fishers somewhat pointed out when I first calculated Saracen's top speed, a device that would allow someone to generate gravity equal (in Peppy's case, double) to that of an entire planet seems like a bit of a stretch.

For reference, Saracen's terminal velocity, based on the weight figures that were tossed around early on in the game, wound up being roughly 252km per hour (a speed he's never had much opportunity to get anywhere close to, since it takes roughly 15-20 seconds to reach terminal velocity). But Peppy's speed, 200% of that, comes to 504km, which is roughly comparable to the top speed of some of the world's fastest maglev trains. 

It's also worth mentioning that one of Saracen's powers was an increased durability that allows him to withstand the increased speeds, pressures and G-Forces associated with flying in this manner - an ability that Peppy here seems to lack, despite the fact that she can apparently go twice as fast, and thus find herself subjected to double the damage. 

EDIT: Just reread this post, and realised that it came across a bit angrier than I intended, for which I apologise, Onaku.

It just feels like you're trying to use the comparison to Saracen as a means of handwaving the existence of a character who works completely differently, has twice the strengths, and none of the weaknesses. 

Edited by Shadow Nato
  • Upvote 1

GM IC 78 EAST

"Excellent," said 78. Traferous would want to know all about this fellow, one way or the other. His influence could be important. "Let's go talk to him." She walked out of the hall, heading for the sunlight on the end of the hallway. 

OOC: Alright guys, prepare yourselves for this next profile.

Hero Profile:  
Name: Penelope "Peppy" Starburst (formerly known as Penelope Darkshade)

Powers and Abilities: 

"Starburst": Peppy has the power to create glowing ember-like apparitions as well as flashes which serve little purpose other than to distract enemies. She can control their brightness, all the way up to them being blindingly bright. This ability is actually only a sub-set of her real powers, which is the power to manipulate light particles in an area. This was meant to allow her to cloak herself from others by creating zones of darkness, but she went in a completely different direction with it. 

Weapon(s): Although she originally possessed two vibro-daggers and a silent energy gun, she has since discarded them for a two-handed golden staff with a five-point star on one end. She can use it for close combat, although it also helps her to channel her "starburst" ability. She calls it "The Celestial Wand".

Appearance: Originally, Peppy was clad in mean-looking jet-black armour, and had red glowing eyes and core, with her helmet shaped like a skull. She has since changed her appearance, and now sports softer-looking pink and white armour. Replacing her skull helmet is a very stylized and cartoony looking skull-shaped helmet with wings on either side that resemble large puffy ponytails. Her eyes and core still glow red, but she has modified both with glass that turns the light bold pink. She has always had a short and slender build.

Bio: Originally built to be an assassin build black-ops hero, Peppy rejected that role to become its very opposite. She now takes on missions just as any of her other fellow heroes, and brings a cheery, and often at times overly optimistic, disposition to the battlefield. How ever, she can be a very efficient fighter when battling an opponent, to the point of some heroes thinking her mannerisms are just a deception to make opponents lower their guard. In reality it's just her true personality, but it does achieve said effect of deception quite nicely.

Not approved, based on what Nato said. I was going to say what he said anyway, but he said it better than me, so...

OOC: Should I just edit out Thumper's question (I edited it in a few minutes after posting) or is East ignoring Thumper's questions about what she was doing on purpose?

OOC: Should I just edit out Thumper's question (I edited it in a few minutes after posting) or is East ignoring Thumper's questions about what she was doing on purpose?

OOC: No, I didn't see the questions until now, and I wrote my IC in ignorance. I guess I was too quick on the draw.

I'll have an IC in response to the questions in a second...

GM IC 78 EAST

"I'm not exactly sure," 78 said. "After we left Mechron, I saw a visual on boss' computer showing a huge planet that Fravi said was surrounding Makuhero city and was going to kill everyone there. I wasn't paying too much attention, because I had to go down to a room on the side of the bridge to bust off a set of Hero cuffs and pull a bullet out of my foot. Then boss said that the planet thing was stupid because it would kill a bunch of civilians, and blasted the ice cannon at the planet and it exploded, putting the city back where it belonged."

78 paused, looking around for Traferous. That was odd - wasn't he out here fighting? Maybe he had gone somewhere else. 

Edited by fishers64

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"I can try," Von Nebula said. "But even the act of trying to possess him will incapacitate him temporarily. You may be able to just grab it."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous began inconspicuously reconnecting himself again, waiting for Saracen to leave.  

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker gets an even better idea,and this time a malicious grin crosses his face this time.  "Would it be easier for you to just possess the sword itself?  If you could just turn it off right as he is about to strike I could land a devastating blow, and he'd be able to see it coming.  I want that hero to pay!"

Edited by Vestak

IC: Saracen Rune - Above Hero Factory.

Getting no response over the comms, he took to the air once more, raising himself out of the basement and up above the ruins to try to get a better view of where everyone else was. 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

"That's very nice of your boss," Thumper said. "I wasn't here for any of that, but it sounds like you all did the right thing. It sounds like there were some really bad guys around who'd want to hurt innocent people, when this was all happening. When we were called back, there were huge holes in the Hero Factory walls! They must have had some strong weapons."

Thumper shook her head. "I understand fighting, a little. I like to fight," she rapped her knuckle lightly against the plate on the front of her belt, "and I know there's people out there who hurt people who can't defend themselves, and I fight them. Lots of criminals want to keep hurting people, so I and the other Heroes fight them to stop them."

She paused, squinting as her optics adjusted to the bright light outside. "I guess I just don't get wanting to kill someone, especially someone you don't know, or someone who's done nothing to you. And whoever did the weird planet thing and shooting huge weapons at the Hero Factory, they wanted to kill all these strangers... It's so cruel."

GM IC 78 EAST

"Yeah," said 78. "But I haven't exactly finished the story." She saw Saracen rising from the basement. That's probably pretty bad. "Boss had someone named Mr. Vyle on board the ship who wanted to destroy Hero Factory. So he showed him the weapons, and he picked the wrong one, the one that would take down Hero Factory's shield...but the thing is, it would take down our shield too, so boss didn't want to use it. But Mr. Vyle kept firing anyway, and he kept trying to get him to stop. Meanwhile we were getting hit by the other ships, so he told Mr. Vyle that he would drop a bomb on the factory so he would stop, but he didn't. Then the ship with the big drill came along, and we fell out of the sky."

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

"He doesn't have anything on him. Heck, I don't think he's even in a physical body. He didn't break them out of prison, just cuffs. I think he deactivated the power draining function. One of the villains was able to break out on their own after that. The other's still unconscious, and probably needs medical attention at this point."

IC: Arsenal- Shady Bar

The bot's back was turned, but Arsenal deduced from the conversation that they were making no effort to hide that the being speaking to Uerub was a rogue hero. Admittedly, this story could easily be true. Heroes defecting had been a problem even with their prototypes. Some former heroes had even actively fought against their former allies, like Von Ness and Marcus Steel. Whatever this rogue's motivations for leaving were, Arsenal saw no reason to kill him. Sure, he could probably get some money out of it, but it was probably best not to dissuade heroes from defecting by killing them immediately after they did so...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!