fishers64

OOC: For the record, since we're discussing speed and all, I intended Riot's agility and dexterity to be more like the Kanohi Calix from Bionicle (except always on), and his jetpack is more akin to the ones Mandalorians were equiped with in Star Wars, just without the missle. In other words, he's not going to be doing anything ridiculous (such as breaking the sound barrier) anytime soon.

Speaking of Riot, here's his last post, and Artemus' as well, just in case they were missed (if it was I who missed the GM Post instead, however, feel free to let me know).

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Mr Vyle.

Time for a leap of faith... He gestured for the brains to take the controls, "It's your ship; you should have the honour of piloting it." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Ghid Squidulus

Ghid hadn't lost sight of the titan, and as he moved back, the Squid followed him very close, concealed by the dust. After stepping in the elevator, he softly reached around for the shield still jammed in the villain's arm... And tugged back as hard as he could.

OOC:

Put this on the record: fishers64 hates surprises.

No surprises here... *whistles innocently*

IC: Arsenal- Hospital Foyer

Just as he spotted the panel with the elevator buttons, Arsenal felt a sharp tug in his wounded limb. Through the dust, he could just barely make out a pair of hero's hands gripping the shield still embedded in his arm. Unfortunately for Arsenal, his first instinct was to pull back... The few remaining wires and armor holding his forearm on held for a second, then snapped, sending a burst of pain up what remained of his arm. Though the hero had won the tug-of-war, the arm's abrupt snapping caused the him to fall backwards out of the elevator. Clenching his teeth in pain, Arsenal hit the button to take him to the roof, and the doors closed, leaving him with his target, and his enemy with his arm.

OOC: Just to clarify, the severed arm was the one with the rocket launcher, not the buzz saw and machine gun.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Striker:

He fired at the retreating bots, cloaking as he did so and moving from the fallen drone and toward the (absolutely not getting a second chance) citizen wiring the other asset.

IC Ezec and Aza:

Ezec growled as yet another hero dropped in.

"Back OFF!" He rumbled.

Aza groaned, slowly coming to.

IC Kathrine:

I was running low on power. Drawback of the thrusters, they give me a punch, but man do they tire me out. I'd have to find some energy soon.

In the meantime, I couldn't leave the other hero without back up. That'd be rude.

So being, I flew back in, dropping to the floor in a defensive stance. I had to use my thrusters sparingly.

OOC: uh.... So what about Kaiba Bladers Dropship that I described a while back....?

OOC: For the record, since we're discussing speed and all, I intended Riot's agility and dexterity to be more like the Kanohi Calix from Bionicle (except always on), and his jetpack is more akin to the ones Mandalorians were equiped with in Star Wars, just without the missle. In other words, he's not going to be doing anything ridiculous (such as breaking the sound barrier) anytime soon.

Speaking of Riot, here's his last post, and Artemus' as well, just in case they were missed (if it was I who missed the GM Post instead, however, feel free to let me know).

OOC: Sorry about dropping those threads in the wash. I need to pick up Vantal and Kathrine as well. 

GM NPC CITIZENS AND BRAINS (NEAR ARTEMUS/RIOT)

The brain Riot had been punching at came off. Artemus' efforts defeated four more brains. By now the brains had largely given up, and the citizens' efforts, and the Heroes' efforts, understated here, finished off the rest of them. 

As far as the citizens could know, the Grand Tranq was clear. 

GM IC TRACIA

"Thanks for the help" Tracia said to the heroes. She looked around for the cooks to prepare a meal for the people, who likely hadn't been able to eat or recharge in days. 

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (2 - HEADING TOWARD HOSPITAL)

Two of Karter's robots arrived on the scene of the whole fight. But where was Karter? His tracking signal placed him inside a...wall? 

GM IC ???

"Guess Mr. I-Want-This-Tower-Back is gone." the villain said, addressing Kathrine with pitch perfect tones of relief. He kept his gaze away from the damaged combat drones he had just laid out on the floor. Assimilating them into his mass would be tempting - if he could get this pesky Hero to leave. 

Privately, he doubted that she would leave him alone, even for a millisecond. And that brought him to another internal debate - should he risk revealing his true identity and fighting her for control of the tower? 

But he did not think it would be profitable. His secrets were not something he wanted in Hero Factory's database. So instead, he would practice the fine arts of subtlety and patience, until the time that they no longer served him. 

He anticipated that moment. But it was not...yet. 

OOC: 

Am I allowed to have my villain start inside the underground lair or not?

Yes. 

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS (W/ MR. VYLE)

The brains scrambled over the controls, finally settling on two for the control yoke and one for the power thrusters. The ship took off smoothly, heading for the skies. A couple other brains cheered. The power levels and the hull were holding together smoothly - it appeared that this ship was functional after all. 

"Take ship to master?" the brains asked Mr. Vyle. "Or do you have some place that you want to go?"

Choices: (FUN!) 

A. Go to meet the Master of the Brains (given the ship's capabilities, a risk due to the distance involved)

B. Take the ship back to the Galactic Conspiracy (you mentioned that Mr. Vyle was affiliated with them in his profile. This is not a risk in terms of distance the ship would travel...but the brains might not be welcome there or cause real problems for him.)

C. Stay in the Tranquis star system, not landing the ship. 

D. Go to another ship in the Tranquis system and try to take it over. 

E. Take the ship and the brains to Makuhero City. 

F. Something else (the first five are just what I have contingent ICs for, not an exhaustive list of possibilities). 

IC Striker:

He fired at the retreating bots, cloaking as he did so and moving from the fallen drone and toward the (absolutely not getting a second chance) citizen wiring the other asset.

OOC: uh.... So what about Kaiba Bladers Dropship that I described a while back....?

GM NPC CITIZENS AND ROBOTS (NEAR STRIKER)

The robots took their share of damage from the energy slugs. The citizens holding Bulk, however, were even more scared and pushed Bulk along at a near run. 

The citizen finished the de-wiring of Stringer, put the cover of  his quaza core back on, and stepped back. "I know you're back there," he said slowly, referring to Striker. "I just want you to know that I saved his life."

The red material behind Stringer glowed brighter for a second and began to hum. A few more explosions sounded in the distance, and the calcidum in front of them crackled. Fortunately for all in the room, energy stabilized calcidium, not the other way about, otherwise deadly consequences would have been on order...

OOC: Hold that thought for juuust a little bit longer. I have something that I have yet to reveal related to that I am going to reveal soon. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Echo - Sunny Square

Echo, who had been walking slowly towards the group, stopped. The eyes of the colossus never left him, and to make matters worse, the second monster was beginning to stir. "I'm just here for Rocka," he gestured towards the fallen Hero. "I have orders to clear out the injured."

He was beginning to feel less optimistic about his chances of getting Rocka out safely.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"Hm..." he considered it for a few moments. It was too soon to be trying to attack Hero Factory directly, and he doubted this ship could survive the journey all the way to the mysterious "master" these creatures kept referring to. "I think it'd be best to use this ship to steal another, elsewhere in this system. Maybe find yourselves some new hosts while you're at it?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Daxer Phyrus

After failing to stop Arsenal in the Hospital Foyer, he decided the only thing to do now was to follow him to where he was going: The roof. And so he ran outside, and after channelling as much kinetic energy as he could, draining considerably from his own hero core via the conversion matrix, he jumped up, just about making it to the top of the hospital building. He then got down and into position in front of the elevator exit on the top floor, his rifle primed and ready, set to the highest stun setting. The moment the elevator doors would open would be the very moment Daxer would pull the trigger on the one spot he knew wouldn't be blocked by either Karter or armor; Arsenal's head.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Arsenal- Hospital Elevator

Thinking he had made it, Arsenal was understandably irritated when the elevator stopped dead in it's tracks. Looking down, he could see that the hero who had taken his arm had jammed his shield in between the doors, preventing the elevator from going anywhere. Frantically looking for a way out, Arsenal spotted the emergency escape hatch on the elevator's ceiling. It would be a tight fit, but he could probably squeeze through it. When he tried to open it, however, he discovered that it was locked from the outside. Not deterred, Arsenal used his buzz saw to break through the door, giving him easy access to the elevator shaft. Climbing in to the shaft, the merc looked up the shaft. There was no way, in his present condition, that he would be able to make it to the roof. Nevertheless, he pulled Karter over his shoulder and began slowly climbing up the shaft, using his legs to hold himself in place, and his arm to pull himself up using the elevator cables.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC GADGET

A full monitoring screen opened up before easily, and his technopathy would tell him how to bypass all of the security protocols on this machine. The monitoring screen indicated that Bulk and Stringer had escaped, that a group of citizens had found and recaptured them, and that Karter, an operations commander, had been captured and now was in the hands of a mercenary hired for a considerable amount to rescue him. (OOC: I forget if there was a HF currency established somewhere: AFAIK there wasn't, I guess we may have to make up our own.)

Of great importance, and more immediate attention, was the Project Sunstrom icon which indicated that construction was on schedule and that the launch was to happen in 30 hours from the current time. There was a to-do list with checkboxes for tasks completed, and a way to enter a new task or to signify it as done.

Digging deeper into the system, he would find that the former purpose of the project was to research solar flares and how to prevent them, but now it was to redirect the power of those flares to use them as a weapon to protect Tranquis. Oddly enough, some targets for the weapon had already been entered. One looked like an oddly non-descript moon with rocks floating around it, a few prison planetoids, and...

Hero Factory. Yep, this was definitely a questionable operation.

IC: Gadget Thompson/Terminal

Oh no. I began downloading the contents of the system and sent it to Zib.

"Zib, you getting this? We'd best warn everybody else and quicken up our movements."

OOC:

No, he isn't, I forgot to write that he was taking Karter with him.

IC: Arsenal- Elevator shaft

Hearing the doors on the roof being forced open gave Arsenal just enough time to anticipate the shot. Thinking quickly, he jumped to a set of doors a few meters below him, jamming his buzz saw in between the crack to stop his fall. He wasn't fast enough however, as the shot struck him in the back as he landed. The power of the stun penetrated the armor and rendered Arsenal immobile, but due to his saw being stuck in the door, he was unable to fall down the shaft to his death...

OOC: How long would the stun last, keeping in mind that Arsenal's armor prevented him from receiving the stun's full power?

IC: Daxer Phyrus

Daxer radioed into the hero frequency "Daxer here. I've rendered the villain immobile. Somebody mind lending me a hand in moving him out of the elevator shaft?" As he spoke those last words, he began climbing down the elevator shaft.

Edited by Toa Onaku

GM NPC ZIB

Zib nodded agreement. "I just bumped this up to a Code 23 Hero emergency. Backup is on the way."

"This is a bulletin to all Heroes on Tranquis: we have a rocket under the ground that is going to launch off this planet to pose an attack on Hero Factory itself. We need immediate backup at these cooridinates." He then gave Gadget's cooridinates. Odd. The rocket launching people would want Tranquis to stay intact so they could launch more, not blow up the planet. So that means someone is trying to stop them, but why haven't they done it yet?

"In the meantime, is there anyway to disable the project?" he said to Gadget. "It's a rocket under construction."

Edited by fishers64

"Hm..." he considered it for a few moments. It was too soon to be trying to attack Hero Factory directly, and he doubted this ship could survive the journey all the way to the mysterious "master" these creatures kept referring to. "I think it'd be best to use this ship to steal another, elsewhere in this system. Maybe find yourselves some new hosts while you're at it?"

GM NPC EVIL BRAINS

"Master will like that." the brains intoned. They then opened up the viewscreen to hunt for one.

It seemed that there were a few slow-moving cargo ships in the outskirts of the sector, taking mined ore and food products from Tranquis II and IV from the rest of the sector. However, the ships' sensors had no telling what weapons could be onboard them, and slow moving was indeed slow moving.

Oddly enough, however, there was another ship on the radar screens, which apparently had anti-collision systems active. Its flight pattern was rather odd, circling planets in loops before going on to the next one. It was of considerable size, but the readouts were apparently cloaked from Mr. Vyle's ship's sensors, which was odd.

And then, to top it all off, several blips appeared on the screen. 27 Hero dropships were heading for this sector. He could probably make it to one of the ships before they got to him, but he still needed to make a decision in rather short order.

And make it a good one.

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy breathed a sigh of relief when Daxer called in his capture of the trigger happy villain they had just fought. He then turned his attention to the Healing bot he had just disabled, and began looking at its code. Location of origin, important codes and any information was one priority, after which he would rewrite it to heal those that he would order it to.

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Daxer should be showing at least some reasonable weakness after draining his Hero core to make that jump.

IC: Fred Stinger-Hospital

Fred was about to groan something about missing all the fun when he recieved Zib's transmission. "On my way!" He shouted, quickly dashing in the general direction of the coordinates.

OOC: Where exactly is Gadget?

OOC: Under the abandoned hospital in Karter's undergound base.

GM IC FRED STINGER

Fred would find himself running through a large emergency medical bay. A narrow hallway was up ahead that bent to the left.

Jimmy breathed a sigh of relief when Daxer called in his capture of the trigger happy villain they had just fought. He then turned his attention to the Healing bot he had just disabled, and began looking at its code. Location of origin, important codes and any information was one priority, after which he would rewrite it to heal those that he would order it to.

GM IC JIMMY ABACUS

As Jimmy looked into the code of the healer bot, this is what he would find:

Location of Origin: Tranquis VII, Project Sunstorm Base 45.0 S 34.6 W

Purpose: To repair robots or citizens involved in the Project Sunstorm project from damage sustained in battle or accidents.

Authorizations: Karter, Project Leader [AUTHORIZED], Dumacc, Lead scientist [AUTHORIZED], Robot serial #748352 [AUTHORIZED], Robot serial #458792 [AUTHORIZED]...

After which followed an rather long list of civillians' names that were, of course, authorized.

Then there was a long litany of code for repairing various injuries. The nanites it used previously were for more emergency repairs on the field - apparently it would normally have access to other tools for more extensive damage. These procedures didn't include anything about Heroes or quaza cores, obviously - that would need to be added in.

IC: Fred Stinger-Hospital

Stinger ran towards the hallway. It was the only way to go and seemed to be in the right direction.

GM IC FRED STINGER

Fred would find himself in a hallway that had a bunch of doors on the left and right sides. The door to the office at the end of the hallway on the left was wide open, though.

OOC: I'm going to give Unit a chance to reply before I do anything with Jet. In the meantime, will we be needing any more PC reinforcements (I have a Hero profile I was saving for later), or do the current Heroes just need to step up their game? :P 

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Jimmy proceeded to linking himself into the hero-net, uploading the information he was getting from the healing bot to Zib. "Anything there you can use?" He inquired, before then downloading protocols and methods for repairing hero specific mechanisms into the healing bot's programming. He then put the pre-existing authorizations list into storage in his cloud server on the hero-net and began writing a new authorizations list, starting with him.

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Lobby)

Hearring Zib's message and assuming that off-planet communications had been reestablished, Riot imediately attempted to make contact with him with the intent of providing a status report.

"Riot to Zib, come in Zib," he said, lowering his voice a bit as he did so. "The citizens inside The Grand Tranq have been liberated from the Brains. Conducting an additional sweep of the building to confirm."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC FRED STINGER

Fred would find that the object would hit after a short amount of time. There were plenty of holds to climb down, or he could probably make the jump to the bottom without injury.

GM NPC ZIB

"Not a whole bunch." Zib admitted. "It tells me that this is a scientific operation and confirms Karter and Dumacc's role as leaders."

To Riot, he said. "Zib here. I have your confirmation that they are freed. Keep them in the hotel for now; the shelter should protect them from more dangerous elements still running around."

Edited by fishers64

After putting in an automatic protocol of accepting entries into the authorizations list from voice commands coded to Jimmy's voice only, he put some finishing touches on the code, cleaning up anything that might cause a crash or a loop, and finally, he re-activated the healing bot. "Confirm, authorization, Jimmy Abacus." He said as a test.