fishers64

IC Ghid Squdulus

Ghid spun off to the side, hitting the wall as Saracen fired at the rocket launcher. Seeing him move towards the machine gun, Ghid decided to play another trick.

"Okay, game's over genius, UP WITH YOUR HANDS." A machine gun slightly different than the one on the floor was in Ghid's hand, the hologram aimed at Dumacc.

GM IC TRACIA

"I don't know who gave you that order," she snapped at Echo, "but I'm not following it. Your job should be to diffuse the bomb in our planet so we can go back to having a normal life, not evacuate us off the planet."

GM NPC DUMACC

Saracen's shot fully destroyed the rocket. It wasn't explosive. If Dumacc had known what was going through the Hero's mind, he would have laughed...why would you need an explosive on a rocket launcher that had a significant amount of force behind it? Why would he carry a live bomb on his shoulder? Even for a bot that had less brains than Karter, that was really dumb.

Ghid's sudden gun pulling amused him more, and he casually shot off his energy pistol at Squidulus as his other arm closed around his machine gun. If the heroes were as pathetic as this, this would be all over soon.  

Edited by fishers64

OOC: It's GHID SQUIDULUS

IC Ghidora, the guy that's typing Ghid Squidulus

Ghid expected him to do either that or angrily attack. Ghid swung his shield in front of the blast, noting how weakened it was getting already, and attempted to ram the sharp blade into Dumacc.

GM NPC DUMACC

Ghid's blade smashed into the front of one of his wheel struts, coming near one of the wheel's control wires. "ARGGGH!" he shouted, taking his machine gun and attempting to beat Squidulus over the head with it.

GM NPC STRINGER & BULK

Stringer and Bulk ran in, blasting at Dumacc. One of Bulk's shots hit Dumacc's back wheel strut; Stringer's missed because he saw Squidulous at the last second and didn't want to hit him. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: What the heck kind of rocket launcher doesn't carry an explosive payload? That seems absolutely ridiculous, especially given that this game takes place in a world populated almost exclusively by heavily-armoured robotic beings

IC: Saracen Rune - Tunnel.

He stopped, momentarily baffled by the enemy's reliance on such an utterly useless weapon. Then, with a shrug, he raised his rifle and opened fire on Dumacc's machinegun, intending to eliminate the villain's remaining weapon. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC:

because he saw Squidulous at the last second and didn't want to hit him.

because he saw Squidulous

Squidulous

IC Ghid Squidulus

Ghid went down when the machine gun collided with his head, although he did notice Bulk and Stringer barge in. Good. I've held the fort long enough, you guys take over.

His poorly tattered shield went above his head to avoid a headshot.

OOC:(again) Nato, someone probably thought of armoring such a weapon to avoid that kind of situation.

OOC: I don't see why it would. The weapon is designed to crash into a Hero with a lot of force to knock them into the wall and/or punch a hole in them, not explode them to bits. It's a rocket launcher, not a grenade launcher. 

And I can't spell. I think that has been quite firmly established. :P

GM NPC DUMACC

Dumacc's machine gun went flying out of his grip again, clattering against the wall. Only this time, his hand collapsed down too, mangled, as the robot fell backwards on the damaged strut. He kept Ghid Squid on top of him, hoping to use him as a meatshield against further attacks. 

OOC: What the heck kind of rocket launcher doesn't carry an explosive payload? That seems absolutely ridiculous, especially given that this game takes place in a world populated almost exclusively by heavily-armoured robotic beings

OOC: Perhaps it was a kinetic weapon designed to push back attackers? ninja'd by Fishers

IC: Splint

Splint ran into a room with sounds of gunfire coming from within. There was a rather large hole in the floor. Down below, several Heroes were trading shots with something like a modified transport robot. He was more interested in the prone form laying in a corner that was being guarded by a huge, burly Hero. Splint jumped down without hesitation and landed next to Vantal, then spoke to the big Hero. "Doc's here. Go help the others." He knelt down and did a quick examination of the victim.

The neck looked bad, but he knew he couldn't do anything with it yet. If wires had broken, moving the head could cause the ends of two different wires to come into contact with each other, creating a potentially deadly short. Instead, he dispensed nanites into the body. They would fix any broken wires and allow him to start repairing the neck.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

GM IC ???

The villain decided to wait and let Splint finish his repairs. Things were starting to look up for him as the pain lessened. Maybe he didn't have to rely on the clumsy Heroes to destroy Sunstorm. Maybe he would get the chance himself. 

How much time has passed again?

OOC: I don't see why it would. 

OOC: Because firing explosives is what rocket launchers are made to do. You can't kill a tank or bunker through blunt force alone. 

"You're finished," he growled, beginning to move in closer to Dumacc and Ghid, "Give up, and we'll reunite you with your buddy Karter." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: He has a point. It's not exactly a rocket without a payload. It's just a really big slug. At which point it'd be more effective to just have a shotgun or a normal rifle. Plus, how is it being propelled, if not through rocket propulsion, which is inherently explosive....?

IC Kathrine:

"Whoa....."

Natalie Breez. Alpha Teams only female member.

"Uh.... yeah. Situation's normal here. Hasn't been much going on since we cleared the tower."

OOC: I don't see why it would. 

OOC: Because firing explosives is what rocket launchers are made to do. You can't kill a tank or bunker through blunt force alone. 

OOC: He has a point. It's not exactly a rocket without a payload. It's just a really big slug. At which point it'd be more effective to just have a shotgun or a normal rifle. Plus, how is it being propelled, if not through rocket propulsion, which is inherently explosive....?

OOC: Between Nato and Grochi lol. I would bow to your superior research...but this weapon isn't designed to bust up tanks or bunkers, just Heroes...in fact, that would be somewhat counterintutive, since he's IN a bunker and...doesn't care about busting it up but it's not his primary objective.

Also, hitting a can of gasoline that's on fire with a sledgehammer is not going to make it explode. That's what I've been viewing those high-impact energy shots as hitting and destroying the propulsion for the weapon so it can't fire.

But that's just me, I'm open to making adjustments. :)  

OOC: Pretty sure rocket propellant is just a teensy... lot... more volatile than gasoline, so impact alone probably would be enough able to set it off, ignoring the fact that an energy blast would likely ignite it anyway. 

Now, as I've said before, I'm no HF expert, but I was under the impression that their armour was pretty darn tough. A lot of these characters have been able to survive repeated impacts and injuries from bullets, energy blasts, lasers, plasma, etc, so I doubt an oversized slug would do all that much. 

That said, I'm not going to bother nagging for edits or anything, I don't want to hold up the game any longer, but perhaps in future you should consider putting up profiles/descriptions of characters and their gear before you start using them, to avoid confusion like this? 

IC: Crowley - Grand Tranq. 

The green-skinned beastie paced back and forth in the spacious room he'd chosen for his hiding place. The curtains were drawn, and he'd shoved all of the furniture up against the doorway. Hopefully that would keep him safe, at least for the time being. 

OOC: CURSE MY TIMEZONE AND SEMI-NOCTURNAL SLEEPING HABITS

It's okay. It's finally time. I promised myself I'd get Thumper to suplex a brain on this mission, but there aren't any brains around, so I'm going for the Next Best Thing.

IC: Eloise Thumper, In the Fray

She needed no further telling. Fire blazed in her fuel lines as she carefully released the head of the Hero, quietly thanked the medic, and charged towards the fight, best arm forwards to guard the one seemingly damaged by the blast. She wasn't sure how bad that one was, but she needed both arms for this expert manoeuvre.

She'd had time to plan this. She was going to charge through the weapon fire, seize the attacking robot, and use the momentum and her impressive strength to bring him over her head. Her hydraulics tensed, her skill with these moves allowing her to consider exactly how much force to use to render the robot down, but not out.

It was time for the Suplex of the Century.

In the corner of her eye, she thought she saw other Heroes enter the room, but her focus was entirely on the villain and did not identify them.

OOC: I'm fully aware that Thumper's probably not going to succeed, but gosh darn it I am going to suplex SOMETHING this mission, and you know what they say: if at first you don't suplex, suplex and suplex again. Oh, and though Thumper's pretty dense, I'm guessing she'd know how much strength to put into a move from her training and experience in the ring, and as noted in her bio, she's required to 'go easy' on her opponents for minimal damage in competitions. Otherwise she'd be leaving a lot of her opponents in pieces.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 5

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Suplex? Geesh, that's going to knock Ghid Squid around a bit. 

Alright, I'm just going to go with the idea that Dumacc has one busted hand and one busted up shoulder. Not that it's going to matter too much, considering he is a goner. Sorry about that one guys. :(

GM NPC DUMACC

Dumacc wasn't able to do much as he was forcibly picked up in the air and forcibly thrown down, over and over again. His only consolation was that Squidulus slid off of him as he was picked up - he hoped the bigger Hero would step on him. 

Not that it would matter too much, as Dumacc was now very much unconscious. 

OOC: Also @Nato's profile suggestion: the idea was that I would be using canon characters, which meant that I didn't have to do profiles for them. However, I had to modify them and the situation a bunch to make it a workable RPG format that was actually interesting to play, so that left me with some gray areas. I'll hash out some profiling tape out for the next mission to help avoid these types of disputes. 

I probably won't post them all at the start of the mission and make a spoilery cluttered mess, more as new conflicts are introduced. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: I don't think the suplex would have had more than one impact- I was going for the variation that is most well-known, the one where the attacker bends over backwards forming a kind of arch, with the attackee held above the attacker's head and thus impacted on the floor. But the end result's the same, so...

I... was kind of expecting that to not work, so... I'm sorry for ending the battle so quickly, too. :c

IC: Eloise Thumper: Triumphant in the Enemy Base

Consumed by her triumph and left-over adrenaline from the battle, she struck a pose, flexing her massive arms. She bellowed in victory, "LA PUNO DE HIERRO BRINGS THE PAIN! No evildoer can defeat the Iron Fist of Hero Factory!"

She laughed weakly, the battle finally releasing its hold on her as she came back to her senses. Then, she glanced down at the robot, a little embarrassed about her outburst. "He's, um, going to be all right, I'm pretty sure. That wasn't enough to do serious damage."

She cuffed him for good measure and called to the medic, "Maybe check him over when you're done there, just in case."

Finally, she turned to the Hero lying on the ground near her feet. She offered a hand awkwardly. "Uh... sorry. Didn't see you there. Are you all right?"

• Upvote 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Oh, good. I suppose Dumacc had lasted a long time with a swarm of Heroes attacking, anyway. Sadly for him, no one expects the Heroes to bring wrestlers to a laser gun fight.

"Well, that was impressive," he mused to Eloise, tossing Ghid's cuffs back to him before starting to move further down the tunnel, "Now, let's find out what mister mad scientist was trying so hard to protect..." 

GM NPC STRINGER

"The threat to Hero Factory is this way," Stringer said, pointing that direction with a grin.

GM NPC BULK

"Why didn't you tell me that sooner?" Bulk said, already starting to go that way. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (11 - NEAR STINGER)

The security robots cuffed Stinger on the floor. A couple of them set off to carry him to jail. Nine of them stood in front of the door. 

GM IC PROJECT SUNSTORM

Two hours remained before the project's launch. 

OOC: GO!

Edited by fishers64

"Lead on, then." 

IC: Eloise Thumper, In Enemy Base

Thumper gave a start as she heard Bulk speak. Bulk was her idol, a heavy-model Hero who not only was chosen for missions for reasons other than his strength, but also was on the most elite team in Hero Factory. He was an inspiration to her, and here she was, (technically) on a mission with him. Oh, she had been told that he needed a rescue on this planet- that was about the only thing she had understood fully, the rest kind of went over her head apart from the 'attack on Hero Factory' part- but having him here, in person, made giddy excitement wrack her frame.

Her Hero Core plummeted as she realised this probably meant he had also seen her make a giant fool of herself after defeating the enemy. Picking the fallen Hero at her feet up and dusting them off with an apologetic, sheepish smile, she trudged after the others.

GM NPC STRINGER

It was then that Stringer remembered Stinger. He hoped that he was okay. Remembering what had happened, he broke into a run. 

It didn't take him long to get back to where the rocket was, opening fire at the first robot he came too. There was no sign of Stinger. Stringer shuddered, hoping he hadn't led the rookie hero into a trap. 

GM NPC BULK

Fortunately for Thumper, Bulk hadn't noticed the wrestling champion's emotional breakout. He was too busy wondering why Stringer had suddenly taken off at a run, and slightly quickened his pace as he heard a sonic blast ahead. 

Edited by fishers64

IC Ghid Painulus

Well, this was annoying, to say the ridiculously underestimated.

The brutal attack left Ghid with a twisted shoulder and his brand-new hand had been smashed to bits. It didn't do any good that Thumper forcibly stood him to his feet, as he just fell down after she was done. Eventually he fazed back into reality, clutching the stem of his wrist. "Talk about idiotic, i was RIGHT THERE."

Wobbling along in the halls, still clutching his wrist, he finally caught Bulk's pace and ran after him.

OOC:

but having him here, in person, made Ghiddy excitement wrack her frame.

Fixed.

Edited by Ghidora131
  • Upvote 1

OOC Wolfe and Jet @Thumper: 

tumblr_inline_n5te9j3sed1qafrh6.png

IC Jet and Wolfe [Enemy Base - Northeast Passages]:

The rookie, Jet, had jumped down into the hall right after Splint, and decided to stand guard as the medic worked on Mene Vantal

Wolfe, meanwhile, simply watched in amazement as Thumper made short work of Dumacc. "Nice job!" he complemented her, though it seemed her mind was elsewhere. 

The veteran instinctively moved to follow the group heading for the rocket, but thought better of it -- his injured arm might cause problems. Instead, he headed over to Splint and Jet. "Why don't you go with the others and find that rocket," he told the latter. Jet gave a quick nod and followed behind Saracen and LA PUNO DE HIERRO Thumper. 

Wolfe wasn't about to bother Splint for something as trivial as a sprained arm; especially not when another Hero's life was on the line. Right now he needed to figure out how to get Dumacc to the surface...

but having him here, in person, made Ghiddy excitement wrack her frame.

Fixed.

Dear lawd.

Edited by FallenCor
  • Upvote 2

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Sorry for taking so long to repsond to the Grand Tranq situation. BZP locked me out completely. =/

IC: Echo - The Grand Tranq

​"Just following orders," ​he shrugged at the irate citizen. "It's not my call."​

He began organizing the locals and moving them out the door in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, his comm-link crackled. Why was Drift sending him new coordinates? He hadn't finished with these guys yet?

"Echo, Zib's just radioed me with some bad news. Something called Project Sunstorm is launching in just under two hours. I've got no clue what that is, but he seemed pretty frantic in the transmission. Get those civvies to the drop-point and then you're off extraction duty. I'll update you once you've completed your current objective."​

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

GM IC TRACIA

"What the heck?!" Tracia shouted. "Put your superiors on the ##### comm and let me talk to them about this!"

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (9 - GUARDING THE SUNSTORM ROCKET)

The security robots guarding the Project began shooting at an entire group of Heroes coming down the hall. One of them tackled Stringer, only to receive a sonic blast straight to the face.

Another one, seeing the rifle in Saracen's hands, attempted to shoot at the weapon to disable it. Three of them headed for Thumper, firing away and hoping to match her strength. Bulk would quickly find himself in a similar situation. 

In all of this, Squidulus was ignored. Whether the wounded hero could use this to his advantage was yet unknown. 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune.

He edged sideways, away from the enemy bot's attack, then returned fire. 

IC: Eloise Thumper - In Enemy Base

"Thanks!" Thumper said to the Hero before bringing her fists up to somewhat protect her face in a standard boxing stance. She went to kick a robot in the torso.

OOC: These guards are sapient, right?

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy had already turned off all of his lights, rendering him completely dark, and able to blend in with the darkness of the badly lit tunnels. He swiftly took out his pistol, set it to piercing, and fired a precision shot at one of the security bot's heads.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC Ghid Squidulus

Noticing the robots in combat, Ghid decided to play a risky move.

Soon he was moving through the combat as a security bot, yet with somewhat stretched proportions, hoping the heroes would recognize him by his shield, attempting to get to the door.

OOC: Sorry this took so long to drag up. Here we go: 

IC: Saracen Rune.

He edged sideways, away from the enemy bot's attack, then returned fire. 

IC Jet [Enemy Base - Northern Passages]:

Darting between his fellows, nimble as a cat, Jet dashed at one of the robots gunning for Thumper, and threw a pulsed-energy punch at its head.

IC: Eloise Thumper - In Enemy Base

"Thanks!" Thumper said to the Hero before bringing her fists up to somewhat protect her face in a standard boxing stance. She went to kick a robot in the torso.

OOC: These guards are sapient, right?

OOC: Somewhat. They are robots programmed to protect Karter's and Dumacc's stuff, but they are more intelligent and stronger than the tin cans Saracen chucked about earlier.  Abacus could probably hack them, but he'd have to avoid being punched in the meantime. 

They'll respond appropriately if you try to talk to them, however. 

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy had already turned off all of his lights, rendering him completely dark, and able to blend in with the darkness of the badly lit tunnels. He swiftly took out his pistol, set it to piercing, and fired a precision shot at one of the security bot's heads.

OOC: This is a hallway, lit by florescent lighting, not a tunnel. 

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (9 - GUARDING SUNSTORM PROJECT)

The security bot who saw Saracen dodge predicted that the Hero was going to open fire, and got out of the way. It decided that rushing the Hero wasn't needed here, and instead opened fire on the Hero's position again, hoping to lure him into a false sense of security. 

Near Thumper, the robot Jet ran at turned its head in time to receive an energy-pulse punch to the face. The energy coursing through the robot's systems made it freeze in place. The other two bots kept firing their lasers at Thumper, backing up to try to avoid being punched, which they thought was coming next. 

Abacus' shot blew a hole in the head of one of the robots next to Bulk. It appeared to take his eye out, but apparently that bot did not consider it to be a problem. 

Meanwhile, nobody paid attention to Squidulus - until his disguised robot form reached the door. The two security robots near the door had obviously seen the Hero transform into one of their own and were not about to be fooled. However, one of the guard's hands passed though empty air in an attempt to grab him, while the other one tried to grab his shield, spotting the weakness in the disguise. 

IC: Echo - The Grand Tranq entrance

With a shrug, Echo detached the standard built-in communicator mounted on his wrist, handed it to the seething citizen, and resumed the exodus of the crowd.

GM IC TRACIA

"Hello, whoever, is on the other end, this is Tracia, hotel manager for Tranquis VII. I'm standing next to a Hero who claims he has orders to evacuate everyone off this planet. That isn't what I brought you here for - I sounded the alarm so you would fix this planet, not get me off of it!" 

GM IC ZIB

"Echo, is that you?" Zib said, confused. 

GM IC TRACIA

"I'm using Echo's communicator, you idiot!" Tracia said. "He's the moron who wants to evacuate me off this planet."

Edited by fishers64