fishers64

IC (As Electro): She strafed to the left after picking up another rock. *Can't it just deactivate already?* The hero chucked the rock with all her might before running closer to it and stabbing forward with her blade.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Smitty Slink:

Slink noticed someone on the comm system, and replied, "This is Slink, personally, I'm fine, the big guy took a bunch o' hits, but he's still hobbling along after the guy who hit 'im, me and some other guy are in a bar somewhere, not sure how much resistance you'll face though,"

OOC: That's in responce to Electro on the page prior to this.

IC: Azure Stryker/Roof of the Grand Tranq

I laughed.

"You're quite right! I did just get here!"

But then I frowned.

"But if you're so kind as to save a civilian, you could do better helping me release the others that are likely below from brain control. Unless you're lying."

My words were laced with a threat that if he did anything stupid, I could take him down.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

GM NPC ROCKA: 

Rocka woke up, and stumbled to his feet. What he had just been doing? Oh, he was responding to a civilian distress call when...I got taken over by an evil brain. He shuddered. 

"Thanks" he said to Splint, nodding. "I'll reccomend your Hero Team for promotion when we get back to the Factory. I'm Rocka, by the way."

IC: Splint

"You're welcome, and thanks for the recommendation offer. I'm Splint, and the hero over here is Jet." Splint was still slightly wary of Rocka - what if brains left an imprint on their host? Then again, the nanites should have found and fixed something major like that...

The cannon going off caught his attention. "Let's go check that o-"

"Perfect~" Aza purred, lining up a shot at Splint's back, and pulling the trigger on the long range laser rifle.

He never finished the sentence. The energy blast caught him square in the back and he was sent sprawling on his face. He jumped back up after a second and turned to face his attacker.

OOC: JiMing, where was Reyna last? I may be requesting backup soonish, although I won't get back IRL for a few hours.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1

OOC: A new hero character.

Name: Gadget Thompson, HF’s Resident Handyman/Repairman

Powers and Abilities:

1. He has limited technopathy allowing him to know how to use any interface, the components of the tech, and determine what exactly is wrong with them. He can also use any mechanical device if given enough time to examine it.

2. He can generate a large force field around himself to protect allies.

Weapon(s): A wrench-shaped hoverboard. He also has tools to repair almost any tech which he carries in a duffel bag. He also has a laser pistol.

Appearance: He has bright red and gray armor, with a red energy shield on his right shoulder and has the claws that protect his core. Here’s a sketch.

Bio: Gadget Thompson developed his affinity for technology as a rookie. Playing the support role, he often stands back to repair communication devices, weapons, or other things of the sort. He does have his moments when he gets his hands on his enemy’s weapon and turns it against them. He helps the Hero Factory development and upgrade team when he’s not hero-ing. He’s sent to Tranquis VII to aid the other Heroes specifically in finishing up the repairs and fine tuning the communication devices on the towers and simply assist the other heroes as best he can.

IC Bolt:

Marcel nodded, responding to Sarecen over the comm. "This is Bolt. Heading to assist. Where are you?"

With that, he took off toward the big tower, running up and down buildings with his gravitic generators and speed enhancements.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Daxer Phyrus

"Yeah I do. You aren't going to let anyone else do it." Daxer grimaced as he looked at the damage. "This is going to take some time. Just sit back and brace yourself. This could get painful." Daxer took out his field kit, and started to repair the damage around Dane's hero core.

IC:

Behind him, the supermarket of Sunny Square went up in flames. He had grown bored with it, so he looked around for a new target...

A bar, perhaps empty, perhaps full of refugees clinging to life and safety where they thought they would be skipped over. This would be his next target. In his flame form he slipped soundlessly towards the structure, nothing but a wisp of fire and smoke working it's way through minute cracks and crevices. Once inside he assumed his corporeal form and listened for the sounds of survivors.

...but close to it

"Mmmmmmm.... there." Daxer said as he put his finishing touches on repairing Dane's chest. "Not really sure what I can do about your arm though... look pretty busted up. I can try and straighten out some of the plates, but I'm no mechanic, so I don't know what I can do about the more complex mechanisms in there."

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC Jet [sunny Square]: Jet was glad to see that Rocka was already on his feet, and gave a quick, nervous salute as Splint introduced them. He was just about to ask what the three of them should do next when multiple things started happening at once -- Splint was down, Zib and others started chatting over the comms, a laser cannon went off, and Splint was back up again. "Find cover!" he shouted as he dashed for one of the surrounding buildings, hoping he and the others could get out of this mystery sniper's line of fire. He'd wait until the three of them were safe before answering any of the others over comm link.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: 

Powers and Abilities:

1. He has limited technopathy allowing him to know how to use any interface, the components of the tech, and determine what exactly is wrong with them. He can also use any mechanical device if given enough time to examine it.

3. His helmet has a built in x-ray vision feature so that he can look into machinery.

Weapon(s): A large wrench that can fire lasers (and has handles on it to be used as a battering ram), and can be ridden like a laser propelled hoverboard. He also has tools to repair almost any tech.

Appearance: He has bright red and gray armor, with a red energy shield on his right shoulder and has the claws that protect his core. Here’s a sketch.

Bio: Gadget Thompson developed his affinity for technology as a rookie. Playing the support role, he often stands back to repair communication devices, weapons, or other things of the sort. He does have his moments when he gets his hands on his enemy’s weapon and turns it against them. He helps the Hero Factory development and upgrade team when he’s not hero-ing. He’s sent to Tranquis VII to aid the other Heroes specifically in finishing up the repairs and fine tuning the communication devices on the towers and simply assist the other heroes as best he can.

Not Approved, simply because a wrench that can be used as a battering ram and a hoverboard is too egregious a violation of the laws of physics even for this universe. 

And a hero with three powers + a weapon with three powers is overpowered, too, if only slightly.  

"Yeah I do. You aren't going to let anyone else do it." Daxer grimaced as he looked at the damage. "This is going to take some time. Just sit back and brace yourself. This could get painful." Daxer took out his field kit, and started to repair the damage around Dane's hero core.

Where did Daxer get this magic "field kit" from? Savage Planet established that not all Heroes have triage kits, and it's not mentioned in his profile. I can see some minor "field patching up" being done, but this Hero has no powers to enable that like metal or fire or healing. How is he fixing the damage?

Post nulled by GM until further notice. 

OOC: So now I'm kinda completely lost on what to do, sorry... Just not sure what I could really be participating atm with all this going on.

Yeah, I kinda purposefully threw a lot out here on the start to try to keep the player engagement going. Basically your character and you have about five options right now: 

1) Join Katherine, Electro, and Sarcen in the comm tower fighting Karter's bots. 

2) Join Splint, Rocka, and Jet in the square, who are currently being attacked by Aza and Eza. 

3) Join Phyrus and Daxer in the empty bar, who are about to be attacked by Tiragath's villain. 

4) Join Styker and Tracia on the roof battling Rock Raider. 

5) Or you can try to attack the brain's cannon on the roof. :P

If I were in your bootstraps right now, I'd stick to the original plan and go backup Sarcen and Katherine - they probably will be needing your characters' skills very soon. However, I didn't make your character, so I'm not sure how she would react in a chaotic situation like this. Chaos is a valid thing for a character to be experiencing. :shrugs:

Alright, let's go!

---------------------------------------------------------------

GM IC KARTER'S ROBOTS (2 - THE STAIRS)

As Sarcen slowed, the robots dropped the box again and flattened themselves against the wall. One of Sarcen's shots hit a robot's chest, slicing it open. The other one kicked the box down the stairs. 

Both dropping and kicking the box produced a thudding noise from within, much like an extension cord thunking against a wall...or the inside of a metal box. 

GM IC TRACIA

"Really?" Tracia said. "You're just going to believe him! He busted a hole in my hotel - this is private property! That should be more than enough reason to haul him off to jail!"

GM NPC ROCKA: 

Rocka took off toward Aza, holding his shield in front of him in case she decided to fire again. 

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (SQUARE - ABOUT 5 STILL ALIVE)

As one, the five robots ran for the main communication tower, passing Reyna along the way. 

GM IC BULK AND STRINGER'S CAPTOR, UNDERGROUND

The guard reached the place he had been looking for - an area where the red stone sloped gently upward. The villain began the delicate process of wiring both Heroes to the strange red glowing stone, watching in amusement as their systems shut down, entering a blissful state of dreams. For this substance perfectly balanced the life-giving quaza of the heroes - the energy from them would be absorbed into the rock, and the rock's would be absorbed into them. Soon, they would learn to crave this bliss, to want it like nothing else.

Especially since if they didn't - if they pulled on the wires just a little too hard - they would explode and take Karter's facility with them. Excellent. 

Now, to make his escape. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC Kathrine:

"Things are pretty bad. Local intel is pretty muddy, but we have multiple villains planetside, Rocka, Surge and Stringer are down, and from what we've heard there's a whole heck of a lot of explosives ready to go up down here."

I looked around.

"On top of all that, there's a serious infestation of those Brain creatures."

IC Ezec and Aza:

"He's a quick one," Ezec mentioned, stepping forward to meet the Hero's charge with a devastating horizontal slash.  Aza giggled, taking another shot at Splint.

IC John Striker - Underground:

The Veteran Hero moved silently through the maze of the underground, night vision allowing him to see easily, and invisibility ensuring he wasn't seen. His orders were clear, either rescue the two captured alpha members, or ensure they couldn't be used by the enemy.

By any means necessary.

Where did Daxer get this magic "field kit" from? Savage Planet established that not all Heroes have triage kits, and it's not mentioned in his profile. I can see some minor "field patching up" being done, but this Hero has no powers to enable that like metal or fire or healing. How is he fixing the damage?

It's not a "magic" field kit. It's a field kit that I'd imagine any special ops hero would need to carry around, unlike the regular everyday heroes of the factory. The kit includes pliers, a small wrench, a screwdriver, cutters, and a small blow torch to make the metal more malleable. I'll add it to the profile if you think I should, and if it's not too late at this point.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Splint

Splint initially started to run for cover with Jet, but seeing Rocka charge reassured him. His sword turned into a shield just in time to block Aza's shot. Hearing Katherine on the radio, he activated his own comms system while running towards the two creatures. "Rocka's actually back to his old self now. We've found two new villains down in the square. About five robots just got up and started sprinting over to the big tower."

~Unit#phntk#1

IC: Dane

I had to keep going, I had to catch that monster...

But I didn't have the energy, or enough time. I slumped against a wall, coughing.

IC: Crowley - Sunny Square (Bar Roof).

With no sight or sound of pursuit, Crowley's ascension onto the top of the bar went ahead unhindered. From this new vantage point, he could see a pair of villains taking on some heroes, and a few of Karter's bots milling about.

Not particularly wanting to encounter any of them, he started scrambling across the rooftops, away from the fighting. 

IC Bolt:

Marcel nodded, responding to Sarecen over the comm. "This is Bolt. Heading to assist. Where are you?"

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communications Tower.

Having already stated his location the first time, he didn't bother responding. Besides, he was a little busy right now...

GM IC KARTER'S ROBOTS (2 - THE STAIRS)

As Sarcen slowed, the robots dropped the box again and flattened themselves against the wall. One of Sarcen's shots hit a robot's chest, slicing it open. The other one kicked the box down the stairs. 

...flying past the remaining robot, he landed in front of the box, stopping it with his foot. "That's far enough," he raised his rifle, took aim at the final robot, and fired. 

The kit includes pliers, a small wrench, a screwdriver, cutters, and a small blow torch to make the metal more malleable. I'll add it to the profile if you think I should, and if it's not too late at this point.

OOC: I'm just going to pitch in for a second here and point out that none of these materials seem like they'd be particularly useful for repairing the damage Crowley inflicted. Multiple deep, penetrating chest wounds, plus an arm that was chewed and melted. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's mostly to bend and blowtorch any of the larger components back into place, something Daxer has had to deal with before on several occasions. And these are pretty long pliers, btw, so they can in fact reach far enough into the mechanisms to fix them back into place. Some of the more delicate and complicated mechanisms can't be fixed with this method, but seeing as how Dane isn't dead from the wounds already, I'd say that this rough patching up should at least help him go on with the mission, albeit a bit painfully, but not fatally.

IC Kathrine:

"Things are pretty bad. Local intel is pretty muddy, but we have multiple villains planetside, Rocka, Surge and Stringer are down, and from what we've heard there's a whole heck of a lot of explosives ready to go up down here."

I looked around.

"On top of all that, there's a serious infestation of those Brain creatures."

OOC: How does Katherine know about the explosives? I don't think I revealed that to those characters, but I may have forgotten something. The rest is fine.

It's not a "magic" field kit. It's a field kit that I'd imagine any special ops hero would need to carry around, unlike the regular everyday heroes of the factory. The kit includes pliers, a small wrench, a screwdriver, cutters, and a small blow torch to make the metal more malleable. I'll add it to the profile if you think I should, and if it's not too late at this point.

Put it in his profile, please. Your logic is sound here, but I'd rather not be too surprised in the future. This is a note for everyone - if you need to change your Hero's armor or equipment (hardly much of a stretch, unless we're mid-mission) please put it in your profile so everyone doesn't get confused. Thanks. 

OOC: I'm just going to pitch in for a second here and point out that none of these materials seem like they'd be particularly useful for repairing the damage Crowley inflicted. Multiple deep, penetrating chest wounds, plus an arm that was chewed and melted. [/color]

Daxer has some pretty heavy armor, as per his own profile. I would think that while Phyrus might not be able to repair the mechanical systems, he might be able to patch up said armor a little.

Post held: still under dispute...

IC Ezec and Aza:

"He's a quick one," Ezec mentioned, stepping forward to meet the Hero's charge with a devastating horizontal slash.  Aza giggled, taking another shot at Splint.

GM NPC ROCKA

Rocka met Ezec's slash with his own sword, aiming a kick under his shield at Ezec's gut.

IC John Striker - Underground:

The Veteran Hero moved silently through the maze of the underground, night vision allowing him to see easily, and invisibility ensuring he wasn't seen. His orders were clear, either rescue the two captured alpha members, or ensure they couldn't be used by the enemy.

By any means necessary.

GM IC JOHN STRIKER

As John Striker moved through said underground, the Hero would be surrounded by veins of strange glowing red rock, pulsing oddly. He would notice his Hero Core energy level reading dip just slightly. While it wouldn't be enough to cause a major concern, it was more than should be expected from his walking with his cloaking device on.

A faint low rumble sounded in the distance.

OOC: Nah, sounds fine to me. I'd forgotten about the heavy armour, my bad. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (2 - STAIRS): 

The "final" robot decided to meet a high-impact energy blast with a laser of its own. This...turned out to be a phenomenally stupid idea, as energy plus energy just equals...a nasty explosion that blew Sir Robot the Intelligent through the outside of the staircase and down about 6 stories to hit the ground in an unceremonious crunch of dust. 

The other one remained damaged and unconscious. 

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (5 - BELOW):

The other robots arrived just in time to see their comrade fall from the sky - and to see the Sarcen that had just killed four of them, framed by the open hole. Maybe attacking the young rookie hero below was a better idea?

Edited by fishers64

OOC: Uh.... huh, here I thought the heros knew about the explosives. Assume She's refferring to the rigged bots, then?

IC John Striker- Underground:

His rifle came up pointing in the direction of the sound. Nothing. But it was the first indication of anything down here so far.

Quietly, he moved toward the source of the noise.

IC Ezec and Aza:

'Stronger than he looks...' the white and gold behemoth thought, bringing a hand down to catch the kick, and pulling. this manuever would hopefully bring Rocka toppling over.

Aza, adjusted her aim. Maybe she couldn't hit the shielded one, but the younger Jet..... She giggled once more, firing the laser rifle at Jet's Hero Core.

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communication Tower.

He picked himself up painfully, armour blackened from the explosion. But the enemy bot was gone, and he had the box. That was what mattered. Picking up the box, he flew back up to the top of the tower and dropped it down on top of a table.

"Got the box," he said in greeting to Kathrine, "Heard you got through to HQ." Small talk over, he tried to figure out how exactly to get the box to open...

OOC: Hmm... Yeah. Thanks fishers! And thanks for giving Reyna something to do. 

IC: Reyna Pherae

The five robots passed her, snapping the Hero out of her confused stupor, reinvigorated, she dashed low to the ground towards the tower, preparing her sword. When close enough, Reyna swung her sword, sending a stream of flames arcing towards the robots, also attempting to slice at least one of them in half with her superheated blade.

OOC: But sadly positioning has me all confused too.... Sorry. .-.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC Marcel:

Marcel interpreted the other Hero's lack of response as meaning he was still in the Tower. Marcel was pretty sure that that big cannon would be bad for Saracen if he ended up chasing the fugitives out of the tower, so he activated his gravitic generators, clinging to t Tower's wall as he ran up it towards the big cannon on the roof.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Pretty sure the giant cannon is on the roof of the theater, not the communication tower. 

OOC: Edited.

Powers and Abilities:

Weapon(s): A wrench-shaped hoverboard. He also has tools to repair almost any tech. He also has a laser pistol.

Appearance: He has bright red and gray armor, with a red energy shield on his right shoulder and has the claws that protect his core. Here’s a sketch.

GM IC SARCEN - THE BOX

This box wasn't rocket science - it was just a heavy metal lid with a latch to hold it on. Inside, he would find a bunch of nearly identical black cables. A few of them had more jagged ends, as if they had been ripped out, but most looked like they screwed into something else rather neatly. 

GM NPC ZIB - HERO FACTORY

"Unknown robots, brains, and explosives?" Zib said. "Yikes. Do you know if any of those robots were controlled by the brains, or are they operating on their own? Are the civillians in the area safe?"

A monitor by him beeped. Zib shuddered. "I'm detecting minor planetary structural disturbances in your area," he said, flicking another screen. "Radiation readings are remarkably similar to the time Black Phantom attacked Hero Factory not long ago."

GM IC EVERYONE (INCLUDING JOHN STRIKER)

The planet roared with a small amount of sonic booms. Around the city of Tranquis, some tunnels collapsed in, leaving holes in the ground. Remarkably, the ground under the city of Tranquis proper remained intact. 

John Striker would find himself near one of the tunnel collapses. The tunnel he came from would be largely blocked off, except for a small space that let in the light of day above, and the one ahead had a small amount of rocks littering the floor.  

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (6 - WITH REYNA AND ELECTRO)

The five robots ran away from Reyna's flame arc, scattering to defensive positions around the tower. One of them fired a laser shot at Reyna, only for one of the other robots to punch him in the face. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: 

OOC: Pretty sure the giant cannon is on the roof of the theater, not the communication tower. 

This is true. 

OOC: Edited.

Powers and Abilities:

Weapon(s): A wrench-shaped hoverboard. He also has tools to repair almost any tech. He also has a laser pistol.

Appearance: He has bright red and gray armor, with a red energy shield on his right shoulder and has the claws that protect his core. Here’s a sketch.

Approved.

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communication Tower.

The ground tremors almost threw him off his feet yet again, and he grabbed onto the table to remain upright. As for the box itself... why had all of those robots been so desperate to retrieve these cables? "Any idea what these are for?" He asked Kathrine. 

IC (As Rock Raider): "Hey, the hotel is still standing and it can be fixed later. Now, do you want the brains dead or not?" The miner said to Tracia. *Now, how should I get rid of the hero...*

IC (As Electro): "These robots suck!" She cursed after cutting to her right in an attempt to hit the robot.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Kathrine - Comm Tower:

"Most of them are being corralled by the Brains, but they're unharmed for the moment."

The tremor hit, and I pulsed my thrusters to remain upright. 

I looked over the box. the tangle wires didn't seem very helpful.

"None off the top of my head. Zib, you make anything of this?"

IC John Striker - Under ground:

Whatever was happening, it was happening fast. Striker increased his pace to a jog, moving through the tunnel.