fishers64

even though I did provide people with plenty of blind spots to potentially work around in his profile (not that he was in many fights to begin with, granted), if you were so opposed to the notion of characters with eyes in the back of their heads, then you should've never approved Epix in the first place since his drones pretty much worked in a similar fashion. And while I didn't initially agree with Nato, Zippy, or Onaku about Wraith's profile being OP, the fact that you originally approved both her and Epix leads me to believe that you clearly aren't being as thorough as you should be when it comes to reading through character profiles. This could obviously be due to a lack of time to do so in or because of a myriad of other factors outside of one's control, but the point is that it's starting to become a bit too consistant, and that's something that needs to be remedied. Oh, and on a side note, Zippy was also thinking about writing up a character with luck-based powers similar to Discordia's, so you might want to rethink your position on that as well, since I wasn't the only one with the idea, and you might end up having to revisit the concept sometime in the future.

Comments from the peanut gallery aside, I was completely serious when I said that I quit, and I fully intend on keeping it that way. Insert mic drop here.

OOC: Okay, just a few points:

1. The problem wasn't about characters with "eyes in the back of their heads" or similar. It's just that Var couldn't have seen those shots coming. Epix's drones would have allowed him to see a shot coming, according to you, so he would have an excuse. Even then, I imagine being in the middle of a recovery from a move would make it hard to dodge, especially if you're seeing the attack from what is essentially another person's vantage point.

2. I was thinking of introducing a character with chaos-based powers (luck and chaos are in the same vein, I feel, so I don't blame Timeageness for misquoting) but she was way, WAY too OP, to the point where the initial consideration was that she could only be introduced as conversation-only. I decided not to include her altogether. I'm not pushing for her to be approved on any level.

That said, I do feel luck-based powers can be done well- just maybe not in the way that was in Discordia's profile. It's a tricky power, RPG-wise. But I don't think Fishers opposes using those powers anyway, so long as they're used in a fair way.

~

IC: Ken Render - Ground Floor

He laughed, despite himself. "Yeah, pardner, let us patch you up first. Then we can handle coverin' up the paint job."

While Rider worked, he started attaching the casing, still chuckling.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Look, I made that post thinking that it was obvious Var had force sense, and thus would be able to dodge the shot even at that range, but since I didn't write "force sense" as one of Var's abilities, even though it was thought to be, I guess I'll have to re-write the post to reflect that fact. Unless I can add "force sense" into the profile?

OOC: It's starting to feel like you actually think Var is a Sith, instead of simply a character from the HF universe with a smattering of somewhat similar powers. "Force sense" in this game could pretty much be renamed "metagaming", and even if Var did have such a power, there's nothing in her profile indicating that she has the supernaturally fast thought process and reflexes required to use it effectively. Merely being unnaturally agile doesn't equate to having the enhanced reflexes and reaction time of an actual Star Wars force wielder. 

I'd perhaps suggest you stop trying to treat her as if she's an actual Star Wars character, and instead stick to the powers and limitations outlined in her own profile. She is not a Sith, merely a close imitation. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Brawling

Though Gorn's shield was bent, it was still capable of protecting him. Given that he was already in a defensive position, he didn't have to make much of an effort to avoid the worst of the gunfire, though a stray bullet managed to blow part of one of the horns off his helmet. Gorn rushed forward, pressing his shield up against the gun's barrels, preventing them from firing, as well as pushing Night Stalker's elbow against his abdomen. With lightening speed, swung his sword toward's his opponent's forearm, with the intent of severing it.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker didn't stop firing until the hero was right on top of him.  Seeing that the Hero intended to ram him with his shield, Night Stalker lunged forward, grabbing the edge of the shield with his blaster hand as his opposite leg was coming forward and yanking it across Gorn's body, turning him slightly and hopefully fouling up any attack he tried to make with that energy sword.  As he did so he brought his hammer forward, now swinging it but thrusting it directly at Gorn's side.  Since the hammer didn't strike him with one of it's ends, it's force enhancers wouldn't work.  However, the hammer thrust had all of Night Stalker's momentum behind it.  With luck it might even be enough to damage the hero.

The hammer smashed into Gorn's side, denting his armor and causing the hero pain. With the ability to swing overhand prevented by his own shield, he instead swung at Night stalker's legs. Due to the position of the shield, it was unlikely his opponent would even see the attack, let alone avoid it.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime
  • Upvote 1

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Never mind, I'll edit my post then.

EDIT:

IC: Var Vicious

Var winced as the blast took out a chunk of their armour and gave them a shallow flesh-wound on their lower back. They managed to swiftly turn around, how ever, and thrust their lightsaber directly in a stabbing motion, to try and impale the villain.

OOC: Better?

Edited by Toa Onaku

Just after the hammer struck the hero Night Stalker felt the energy blade cut into his leg. Thankfully the blow from the hammer pushed the hero back enough that he still had his leg. The armor had been cut through completely and some of the internal wiring, but most of it was OK. He'd be even less agile now however, which ment he would have to be more careful.

Still holding on to Gorn's shield, Night Stalker yanked it upwards with enough force to lift the hero off his feet, should he hold on. Either way, as soon as he let go of the shield he opened fire on the hero again.

OOC: I should mention that the cloud of gas will be dispersing. It will grow weaker the further it goes, but until it is completely dispersed it will still do damage.

Edited by Vestak

Gorn could tell by his enemy's change in facial expression that his blow had hit it's mark, though it didn't cripple them like he had hoped. Immediately, he was lifted into the air, his opponent clearly attempting to separate him from his beloved shield. Nope. Taking advantage of his opponent's strength, Gorn used the momentum to flip over Night Stalkers head, landing right behind him. The second his feet touched the ground, he quickly switched to a reverse grip and tried to stab Night Stalker in the back. The villain was extremely unlikely to avoid the blow, considering they were only a few feet away now. The fact that he had just gotten his leg sliced probably wouldn't help.

OOC: Look, I made that post thinking that it was obvious Var had force sense, and thus would be able to dodge the shot even at that range, but since I didn't write "force sense" as one of Var's abilities, even though it was thought to be, I guess I'll have to re-write the post to reflect that fact. Unless I can add "force sense" into the profile?

OOC: No. That character is already toeing the OP borderline, like most of the rest of your characters. I read telekinectics to mean telekinesis, as that is what the power description indicated. Even if he DID have that power, that would be used for detecting solid objects coming toward him, NOT energy blasts, which is what Mr. Vyle was firing. 

Is it really the end of the world if your character takes a few shots to the back? Or maybe even just one? which would be enough to tell Var Vicious that someone is firing at her from behind? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I already said this once, and I'll say it again: there are no invulnerable characters in this RPG. Characters take hits. Characters have setbacks. This is an RPG, not an OP steamroller party. OP steamroller parties have actually been hosted on this website - every single one of the Bionifight games in G&T has hosted one. And I have to say that they incredibly boring to read and to play. 

Without characters within reasonable boundaries, there is no stakes. If there is no possibility that your character will die, there is no reason to play this RPG well. There is no reason to read it if nobody is willing to take losses. And if everyone else is willing to take losses and you aren't, then the only thing that breeds is endless OOC arguments that get in the way of actually playing the game. 

Yes, I have been busy, and admittedly I've been just a little bit of a softie, because I want everyone to be able to play that wants to, and I can tell, Toa Onaku, that you really want to play. The fact that you have a huge list of characters is more than proof - and the fact that you've modified/fought for every single one of them in the face of everyone else telling you no nails it as certainty. 

But this has to stop. Your character must take reasonable damage in this situation, otherwise I will intervene and kill off Var Vicious. This has been going on for far too long, and I've finally reached the end of my very long patience here. 

I want you to be able to play, but not at the expense of the other players, and possibly the game itself. 

EDIT:

OOC: Never mind, I'll edit my post then.

EDIT:

Var winced as the blast took out a chunk of their armour and gave them a shallow flesh-wound on their lower back. They managed to swiftly turn around, how ever, and thrust their lightsaber directly in a stabbing motion, to try and impale the villain.

OOC: Better?

Never mind my GM Lecture For The Week, this is fine.

OOC:

I feel like I should apologize for not being here in approximately forever--my life went into a bit of a frenzy for a few months, but now I finally have a chance to jump back in with reasonable confidence of being able to post consistently. So, if someone could jump in here and fill me in on what's happened since I disappeared, I'd really appreciate it.

(And, while we're on the topic of things I should know, I noticed that my old characters aren't listed with the others on the first page. Does this mean they need to be re-approved, or can I just start posting IC again once I've got my bearings?)

No, you can start posting again once you have your bearings. I will endeavor to find/fix the list ASAP, not sure what happened to it to delete your characters off of it. 

I need to update the first post anyway. Basically the galactic conspiracy headquarters, Traferous' ship, and Hero Factory all have been destroyed, and there's an expanding portal on Mechna that has gobbled up some tourists. 

OOC: Dude, I highly doubt that that's going to work in this case. Just because Var's a quasi-Star Wars expy, doesn't mean she should also have the ability to make it 100% harder for anyone else to hit her. If the fight had just started, and if she had been facing Mr. Vyle while he was shooting, sure, you probably wouldn't be having as much of a problem. As it stands right now, however, he's firing from behind her while she's still recovering from her previous strike (not to mention their close proximity to one another), so even if she was able to have sensed his attack, she likely wouldn't have had the necessary reaction time required to avoid the shots.

Also, for the record,

Var weaved out of the way of Vyle's blasts as they then thrust their lightsaber directly in a stabbing motion, intending to impale the villain.

OOC: Er, no, GM here requesting an edit. I know that Var Vicious can do acrobatics, but that doesn't include eyes in the back of his head. Even if if it did, somehow, weaving away to dodge the shots would leave him too far away to stab Vyle. Realism please. 

IC: Mr Vyle - Hero Factory. 

Confused as to how the attacker had managed to somehow magically avoid the close-range shots being fired at his back, Vyle decided not to give his foe an opportunity to dodge again. As the swordsman turned around and stabbed his blade at him, Vyle turned side on to let the blade narrowly slip past him, and stepped in close, firing at the attacker's torso at almost point blank range.

even though I did provide people with plenty of blind spots to potentially work around in his profile (not that he was in many fights to begin with, granted), if you were so opposed to the notion of characters with eyes in the back of their heads, then you should've never approved Epix in the first place since his drones pretty much worked in a similar fashion. And while I didn't initially agree with Nato, Zippy, or Onaku about Wraith's profile being OP, the fact that you originally approved both her and Epix leads me to believe that you clearly aren't being as thorough as you should be when it comes to reading through character profiles. This could obviously be due to a lack of time to do so in or because of a myriad of other factors outside of one's control, but the point is that it's starting to become a bit too consistant, and that's something that needs to be remedied. Oh, and on a side note, Zippy was also thinking about writing up a character with luck-based powers similar to Discordia's, so you might want to rethink your position on that as well, since I wasn't the only one with the idea, and you might end up having to revisit the concept sometime in the future.

Comments from the peanut gallery aside, I was completely serious when I said that I quit, and I fully intend on keeping it that way. Insert mic drop here.

OOC: I'm totally cool with characters having eyes in the back of their heads, as long as it specified in their profile and listed as part of their powers and abilities. Var Vicious' profile did not specify this, so I'm poking at it. 

And I do in fact read through all of the character profiles and make my best judgement on the matter. I am sorry if you do not agree with my decision making - I understand that you may be bitter over the fact that your profiles were not approved while these others were. Please try to understand - I do not have any grudge or slight against you personally in any way, nor do I dislike any of your characters. I also understand that you wanted to play at some point as well, so I hoped that you would continue, but I'm okay with your decision. 

I'm just trying to do the best that I can do at my job here. :(

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 4

OOC: Happy Valentines Day, nerds

Thumper's original plan was to slide the card under the door like in the movies but the door was open and also it slipped her mind that this is the robot space future where all the doors are sliding doors you can't shove things under.

This is a cheap copout because an aforementioned deal I made with a bunch of people that I said I'd do IC kind of fell through because the Hero Factory exploded anyway.

~

IC: Ken Render - Ground Floor

Render followed the healer's work, securing plating in place. "You're gonna be okay, pardner. Maybe a little smaller and... show-offy in shades, but okay."

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Underground

Moving the pieces of turbine didn't take too long- even the larger pieces moved more quickly if he scuffed his foot on the floor in front of it- and so he started to carry pieces up the ladder. This was slower going, but he was managing with the smaller pieces.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

"I am a conduit for the darkness that flows through all life in this universe. I am a conqueror of worlds, and a dominator of minds. I have come far from where I began, and yet I have only just started. I am a Sith, puny droid. And I promise you that this galaxy will become my conquest!" Having said that, she sent an even more powerful arc of lightning at Vyle, directing some of it around his attempt at a lightning rod so that she could hit him also.

As Var spoke, Vyle slung his cane back across his back, knowing it likely wouldn't be able to withstand another lightning blast, and that it would be little use against his foe's own plasma blade. With that in mind, when the lightning came Vyle stepped backwards.

He grabbed onto a protruding sliver of rebar to prevent himself from sliding too far down the slope, and quickly wedged himself into an alcove between two chunks of rubble, weaving a hologram of more rubble over his position to conceal himself from the sight of his pursuer. 

With any luck, she'd move on to find easier quarry, and he'd be free to make his escape. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Finally. I thought he'd never flee. The Sith turned her attention to the opponent facing Gorn. Now for that one. Without hesitation, Var charged forward, making a giant leap forward as she closed the gap between herself and Night Stalker, taking a mighty slash at the villain.

IC: Captor

Captor managed to duck under the blades due to, again, the assumption that he was taller than he actually was. But the subsequent kick caught him off guard, and sent him rolling away from the villain. He swiftly got back to his feet, and gave a quick glance to the other two villains up on the ledge.

Vyle had fled down to the slope and gone into hiding in the rubble, away from the menacing new friend Gorn seemed to have made, with said new friend now giving Gorn backup in his battle against Captor's previous assailant. It seemed fortune had once again turned to his favour, or at least now the odds were a bit more even.

Only a second after getting back to his feet did Captor then charge onwards, circling the villain while figuring out his next move.

Edited by Toa Onaku

*Sigh.*

Well, after rereading everything with a clear head, it's become pretty apparent that I obviously forgot to take my chill pills that morning.

I can usually roll with relatively minor stuff that I don't necessarily agree with on most occasions, but unfortunately, it does have a habit of building up on me (especially when the issue continues to persist), and at some point, I need to vent. Sometimes, it's completely justified, and other times, I drop the idiot ball over something stupid, and end up looking like a total tool. Yesterday was definitely a case of the latter, and I'm perfectly capable of admitting that. And yeah, my frustration over taking the time to write up three separate character profiles, not to mention building MoC's of the latter two, only to not be able to use them probably had something to do with it as well, although watching other people start to abuse what they did have approved alongside seeing that my own profiles had been denied three times in a row certainly didn't exactly help the situation either.

Fishers, look, despite what I said earlier, I really do believe that you're doing a fine job as a GM. Sure, nobody's perfect (least of all, me), and nothing you do is going to sit right with absolutely everyone, but that sort of comes with the territory when you're brave enough to begin spearheading your own projects, and for that I salute you. Contrary to how it may have seemed, I did have some fun times with this RPG, and everything I said, whether out of anger or otherwise, was because I truly do wish for it to succeed. Heck, if it weren't for my previous lack of inspiration and my current state of mind, I wouldn't have even left in the first place. If running the game by yourself does start to become an issue, however, I really do hope that you'd be open to considering the possibility of appointing someone to the position of Co-GM in order to relieve yourself of some of the burden, because like I said before, I really do want to see HFRPG 2.0 continue to thrive and I honestly don't think that I am alone in that regard.

In short, I apologise for my earlier rashness. It's something I'm still trying to work on as a human being, and hopefully, if and when I decide to try to jump back in, I'll have a better control over it. I'll still be checking in, if only to keep up with the story, so for now, I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors and sincerely hope that you'll keep up the good work.

Were I not so horrible at properly expressing myself, I would've just said that to begin with.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Marrow - Invisible War

Marrow felt its foot connect with the invisible Hero and slashed forwards, hoping to deal more damage, only to find that the Hero had moved on. A quick sniff revealed him to be... behind it? Marrow turned around and poked at its foe.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

*Sigh.*

Well, after rereading everything with a clear head, it's become pretty apparent that I obviously forgot to take my chill pills that morning.

I can usually roll with relatively minor stuff that I don't necessarily agree with on most occasions, but unfortunately, it does have a habit of building up on me (especially when the issue continues to persist), and at some point, I need to vent. Sometimes, it's completely justified, and other times, I drop the idiot ball over something stupid, and end up looking like a total tool. Yesterday was definitely a case of the latter, and I'm perfectly capable of admitting that. And yeah, my frustration over taking the time to write up three separate character profiles, not to mention building MoC's of the latter two, only to not be able to use them probably had something to do with it as well, although watching other people start to abuse what they did have approved alongside seeing that my own profiles had been denied three times in a row certainly didn't exactly help the situation either.

Fishers, look, despite what I said earlier, I really do believe that you're doing a fine job as a GM. Sure, nobody's perfect (least of all, me), and nothing you do is going to sit right with absolutely everyone, but that sort of comes with the territory when you're brave enough to begin spearheading your own projects, and for that I salute you. Contrary to how it may have seemed, I did have some fun times with this RPG, and everything I said, whether out of anger or otherwise, was because I truly do wish for it to succeed. Heck, if it weren't for my previous lack of inspiration and my current state of mind, I wouldn't have even left in the first place. If running the game by yourself does start to become an issue, however, I really do hope that you'd be open to considering the possibility of appointing someone to the position of Co-GM in order to relieve yourself of some of the burden, because like I said before, I really do want to see HFRPG 2.0 continue to thrive and I honestly don't think that I am alone in that regard.

In short, I apologise for my earlier rashness. It's something I'm still trying to work on as a human being, and hopefully, if and when I decide to try to jump back in, I'll have a better control over it. I'll still be checking in, if only to keep up with the story, so for now, I wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors and sincerely hope that you'll keep up the good work.

Were I not so horrible at properly expressing myself, I would've just said that to begin with.

OOC: Yes, but legit criticism also comes with that territory as well. You have every right to speak up if something isn't right.

I ran this RPG "lone-man" as it were, for several reasons: previous negative co-GMing expieriences, the belief that this RPG wasn't going to be as popular as it ended up being, and...honestly when I started the approval process for this, the entire Lego RPG forum was a ghost town. It would be a hard sell to get players, and a co-GM would be an additional sticking point. So I'm reluctant to appoint someone, although I will if I cannot continue or if everyone thinks I'm too slow. :P

And I just got this idea for Mission #5...:P

-------------------------------

• Upvote 1

Night Stalker watched as the hero changed the throw into a flip over his head, intending to land behind him. Seeing where he was going land via his radar, Night Stalker spins, hammer extended, catching the hero in his sword arm (if he is right handed). Just before the hammer connects however, he feels the energy blade strike him again, this time in his back. The blade missed his frame thankfully, but the blade had sliced through his armor's operating system. He would be able to use it until he got it fixed. Thanks to the strength of his armor, when the hero got hit by the hammer the blade slid out and gouged his armor instead of slicing through his whole body.

That's when his radar warned him of Var Viscious leaping towards him. He continued his spin till he was facing the sith and opened fire. He began looking for a way to flee. This fight was not going well.

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer opened the door of the Arial right in front of Cobra Shard's face. "I thought there was intelligent Heroes aboard this ship." 

GM NPC SURGE

"There are, sir." 

GM IC HELEN (ARIAL)

Helen would be able to see what was going on outside on her sensor scan. Three villains were duking it out with two Heroes, with one villain and one Hero out of the fight, and one villain and one Hero ganging up on one guy. 

Then she would see a massive hull emerge from the water onto the beach, and a striking lady - Helen could only presume it was a villain, right? - looking over a group of five unusual craft. Near there was an organic being on the beach, and a creepy titan...healing him? Next to that strange scene was what looked like a Hero standing next to them, but probably wasn't. 

Finally, there were two Heroes trapped in the rubble, and Ken Render was fixing one of them. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS & FRAVI

Traferous walked back towards the ship's ruin sticking out of the water. "We have a pretty bad problem, boss." said Fravi, pointing to the battle. "Unless we get that battle and the Heroes out of there, we're not going to be able to repair the ship." 

Traferous nodded. "I'll be right back. In the meantime, give them something to shoot at." 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

OOC: Just super quick: Stormer was outside talking to Quark and Wolfe, last I checked. Did he leave? Oh, and Shard was already let on the ship by Zib and is currently manning the doors.

I don't blame Fishers for mixing that up if I'm remembering right (it was ages ago) and also please excuse me if the issue is on my end. Feel free to leave it as is, too, and I and Cor can assume he left, if that's easier for you. I'm not too fussed about it.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn-Brawling

The hammer's blow knocked Gorn to the ground, pulling his sword out of Night Stalker's back while doing minimal damage. The villain neglected to attack him again, instead focusing on Var, who had seemingly dispatched their opponent already. Or maybe they hadn't, as Gorn couldn't see a corpse anywhere. Nevertheless, ignoring him would likely be a fatal mistake. Gorn lunged forward, attempting to stab Night Stalker in the back of his right knee. The attack, if successful, would destroy the joint and completely cripple the leg in question. Considering the villain was distracted, and supposedly had poor reflexes, the chance of the attack being countered was virtually zero.

OOC: Just super quick: Stormer was outside talking to Quark and Wolfe, last I checked. Did he leave? Oh, and Shard was already let on the ship by Zib and is currently manning the doors.

I don't blame Fishers for mixing that up if I'm remembering right (it was ages ago) and also please excuse me if the issue is on my end. Feel free to leave it as is, too, and I and Cor can assume he left, if that's easier for you. I'm not too fussed about it.

OOC: Stormer said he was going down to the ship, so I skipped to his arrival. If that's problematic, I shall edit. 

OOC: Stormer said he was going down to the ship, so I skipped to his arrival. If that's problematic, I shall edit.

OOC: Oh nah mate that's fine! I'll make a Quark post really soon. Thank you!

EDIT:

IC: Dorothy Quark - With Wolfe

After exchanging curt farewells with Stormer, Quark found herself with a decision to make. As Wolfe had pointed out, there were survivors to search for, and no doubt Stormer would need help. However, she also had a criminal to drop off at a prison in her ship. She glanced at the ruined Hero Factory, thinking of the lives no doubt lost in the explosion. She didn't want her team subjected to that reality firsthand, not yet.

"I'll go with you," Quark said to Wolfe. "I'll send the girls to drop the criminal off while we sort out what is happening here."

GM IC 78 EAST & DR. LIE (BEACH)

Dr. Lie woke up, than quickly wished he hadn't. His right arm felt like it was on fire, and there were flames chewing into both legs, his other arm, and side. 

"I'm...alive," he said bitterly. "Traferous...should have left me to die." 

78 East smiled. "You'll be okay, Dr. Lie." 

"There is...some things...in my office," he said, sitting up. That is when he saw the wrecked ship. 

"Tell me," he grumbled. "Tell me I should get a better job." 

"You should get a better job," said 78 East. She carefully slid her arm underneath the Doctor's left shoulder, using slowed movements to help him to his feet. The Doctor winced. The pain was unbearable, and he blacked out again, sliding down the robot's arm. 

Irritated, 78 grabbed the Doctor's other side and carried him toward the cargo ship. Leaving him out in the open was a bad idea. 

GM IC FRAVI

Fravi launched the Needlepoint, keeping her hands on the controls, and immediately opened fire on Var Vicious as she flew forward toward the scene of battle. The Needle could not hover, so Fravi was going to have to do this in passes, like in an old airplane war movie. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous opened the glass doors to the bridge with a significant amount of force, seeing as he was wading though knee-deep water. The glass doors shattered as he made his entrance, which would have been cool under any other circumstance, but in this one, it was not. 

Another nasty surprise awaited the shapeshifter as he slogged in - the ship's pressurization system had exploded thanks to the water. It would take loads of work to seal the hull and restore the system, not to mention all of the other repair work. His heart sank. He wanted to howl with outrage and make sure that Mr. Vyle never saw the light of day again. He wanted to...why, he did have things to shoot at. Better. 

Incensed, he climbed the slick and damaged stairs to the bridge, ignoring the shattered and shorted screens as he busted open an entrance to the top shaft of the ship, only to see empty air. Fueled by pure outrage, Traferous grabbed the top crenallation from where it had been knocked loose in the impact and lifted it back into place with his own might. His power restored the connection and anchor in a fit, all the way out to the sealant and the weapon operation. Still feeling in a fit of wrath, he began climbing up. 

GM NPC ROCKA

"Sir, I recommend that we bring the Astral out of this basement," Rocka said. "The armor on it should protect Quark's dropship, and the Heroes and villains will be able to defend ourselves better with the support of this ship, sir." 

GM NPC STORMER

"I think that is a dangerous idea," Stormer said. "This ship has no weapons, only armor. Does anyone have a ship with weapons that survived the crash? Anyone?" 

GM NPC JAWBLADE

Jawblade found an unused dropship near the edge of the basement. "This will do nicely," he said, entering the ship and powering it up. 

GM NPC CORRODER

Corroder slunk toward the Hero Factory, looking for a ship. It ignored the fight between Var, Night Stalker, and Gorn, except to comment on "lousy heroes fighting". 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Timothy Gyro - Basement

Taking Scarlet's lack of reaction to Jawblade's departure as agreement, he led the way towards the ship, still lugging Ardor. "Nimius'll be fine. We'll dump him on a space heater or something."

~

OOC: Aw shoot I really need to make a profile for the Quark Qruiser, don't I?

Hearing no sound of his attacker searching for him, Vyle dispelled the illusion and clambered carefully back out of the crater, before beginning to make his way back down the side of the rubble pile that was Hero Factory. 

He needed to find a way off of this doomed asteroid. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Pod.

"This is Saracen Rune," he opened up his comms as he began to fly down towards what was left of Makuhero City and Hero Factory. "Can anyone hear me?" 

OOC: Given that Makuhero City was ripped from its orbit and sent towards the nearest sun, would I be correct in assuming that the asteroid's temperature will gradually rise until it's no longer habitable, given that it's likely no longer within its Goldilocks Zone? 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

OOC: Okay finally here's the ship. Thank you to Fishers for referring to it as a dropship, because that got me out of having to try and think up my own ship.

SHIP PROFILE: Quark Qruiser (modified Hero Dropship)

Ship Size: Small

Pilots (these are PCs onboard): Dorothy Quark, though most of her teammates know how to fly it. Eloise Thumper is not allowed to fly the ship except in dire circumstances.

Communications Systems: Standard Hero Factory communications, modified to allow access to general non-restricted frequencies.

Navigation and Drive: Standard Hero navigation systems. Programmed with several automatic protocols such as landing and taking off. Quark has taught many rookies in this ship, and these protocols are typically used for beginners.

Weapons Systems/Armor: Slightly thicker than standard Hero Dropship armour, modified to have regular shielding. Can shoot lasers because what kind of a spaceship can't shoot lasers? Weaponry can either be controlled in the pilot's seat, or through a minor secondary control set in the seat behind. Lasers have a safety mode and a battle mode- safety for training, and barely makes a scorch, and battle for actual fighting.

Propulsion Systems: Standard Hero Dropship propulsion. Quark, with her years of experience, can manoeuvre it to be slightly more agile than the standard.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): Can easily land and dock, either manually or with the programmed protocols.

The ship also has a standard charging station.

OOC: Okay finally here's the ship. Thank you to Fishers for referring to it as a dropship, because that got me out of having to try and think up my own ship.

SHIP PROFILE: Quark Qruiser (modified Hero Dropship)

Ship Size: Small

Pilots (these are PCs onboard): Dorothy Quark, though most of her teammates know how to fly it. Eloise Thumper is not allowed to fly the ship except in dire circumstances.

Communications Systems: Standard Hero Factory communications, modified to allow access to general non-restricted frequencies.

Navigation and Drive: Standard Hero navigation systems. Programmed with several automatic protocols such as landing and taking off. Quark has taught many rookies in this ship, and these protocols are typically used for beginners.

Weapons Systems/Armor: Slightly thicker than standard Hero Dropship armour, modified to have regular shielding. Can shoot lasers because what kind of a spaceship can't shoot lasers? Weaponry can either be controlled in the pilot's seat, or through a minor secondary control set in the seat behind. Lasers have a safety mode and a battle mode- safety for training, and barely makes a scorch, and battle for actual fighting.

Propulsion Systems: Standard Hero Dropship propulsion. Quark, with her years of experience, can manoeuvre it to be slightly more agile than the standard.

Land vs. Dock (Atmospheric): Can easily land and dock, either manually or with the programmed protocols.

Approved. 

I have added this information to the first post for Mechna: 

Mechna

Mechna is particularly famous for three things: factory tours, mechanized theme park rides of various kinds, and manufacturing of various kinds of technology. Huge disparities exist from rich villain apartments filled with slaves to slum districts where low-level villains scrape by on petty crime to hotels to factories. The one thing that it all has in common is the slick metal plating, the robotic arms, and the incredible amount of other industrial equipment. 

1. The Grunge District - Most classy villains would stay out of here. Everyone on the street will rob you blind or kill you to rob you blind. The area is famous for the excess of shady bars and female pleasurebots like what Fravi once was. This place is in terrible repair - the oldest section on Mechna, this place is filled with broken down technology that no longer works. Many bots scrape by repairing or disassembling these machines and selling them in the other districts or even off planet - for the highest price they can get the suckers to pay. 

2. The Middle District - Many villains live on the lap of luxury here. Although this area actually isn't preferred by most rich - they usually prefer lush and green planets to the dingy smog of Mechna, the constant thrum of machine noise, and the threat of theft. Instead, this area is composed of apartments that middle-class villains live in with their modest slave holdings, and some that are rented to high-class villains in timeshares for when they have to be on the planet to conduct business. 

These two districts abutt and blend together and aren't distinguished by those names IC; the OOC distinction is just to show the difference. The Middle District is North of the Grunge district.  

3. The Government Hall - This old yellow building - it used to be white - houses the council that runs Mechna's government. Rumors have been circulating that the Galactic Conspiracy has significant inroads here.    

4. The Slave Market - These are underground in the Grunge District and the Middle District. Many villains in the Middle district will venture into the Grunge District for lower prices on slaves. 

5. Factory Area/Slave Living Quarters - On the opposite side of the planet from the Tourist District, the Factory Area abutts the Middle/Grunge area. Conditions in this area make the Grunge district look like a nonstop party. Slaves are kept in cells with barred windows and are rarely allowed to venture out. Slaves are run on murderous four-hour rotations and punished mercilessly for any mistakes. Many dream of being a house slave in the Middle District as a better destiny.

6. Tourist District - On the opposite side of the Government hall from Middle/Grunge and the Factories is the Tourist district, filled with theme park rides like rollercoasters and ferris wheels. There are also five "clean factories" that the government uses for tours - ticket prices are the only thing making these operations profitable. 

And now...

IC: FOCUS [Kestrel, Mechna]

The (now officially former) Hero inclined his head towards the Deconstructor, turning away as he activated his communication link with the Kestrel.

"Tina."

"Yes?"

"Take the Kestrel into low orbit around the planet... I must make some friends. I will contact you once I require the Kestrel again."

"As you wish."

The Kestrel's shield activated as it slowly rose into the sky before taking off; once it was out of sight, Focus took the robotic equivalent of a deep breath.

Time to find the nearest bar.

GM IC FOCUS (MECHNA, LOOKING FOR BARS)

Focus would find for the sake of plot convenience  that he had chosen the correct spaceport - and thus he was on the border between a poor district and one that looked slightly better off. It seemed that there was definitely more than a few bars in this area. 

OOC: You may call this place "bar row." :P Also, I figured that Uerub, being professional, would be more comfortable serving higher rate clientle. I shall edit if not.  

OOC: Given that Makuhero City was ripped from its orbit and sent towards the nearest sun, would I be correct in assuming that the asteroid's temperature will gradually rise until it's no longer habitable, given that it's likely no longer within its Goldilocks Zone? 

OOC: I'm pretty sure that Traferous' explosion put it back where it belongs, which is the idea I've been going with. 

That whole planet madness weird stuff is the stupidest idea I have thought of for this RPG so far. I shall not be doing that again, ever. 

GM NPC BLACK PHANTOM

Black Phantom did not like his pick of the ships available at the Mechron spaceport. In the end, he just snatched a civillian transport pod by hacking its security protocols, and set off for Mechna. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: 

OOC: I'm pretty sure that Traferous' explosion put it back where it belongs, which is the idea I've been going with. 

Oh, okay. I'll just retcon those last couple of Saracen posts, then. 

That whole planet madness weird stuff is the stupidest idea I have thought of for this RPG so far. I shall not be doing that again, ever. 

That is actually immensely comforting to know. 

IC: Wilhelm Gorn-Brawling

The hammer's blow knocked Gorn to the ground, pulling his sword out of Night Stalker's back while doing minimal damage. The villain neglected to attack him again, instead focusing on Var, who had seemingly dispatched their opponent already. Or maybe they hadn't, as Gorn couldn't see a corpse anywhere. Nevertheless, ignoring him would likely be a fatal mistake. Gorn lunged forward, attempting to stab Night Stalker in the back of his right knee. The attack, if successful, would destroy the joint and completely cripple the leg in question. Considering the villain was distracted, and supposedly had poor reflexes, the chance of the attack being countered was virtually zero.

Night Stalker was no imbecile: he had never stopped watching Gorn.  The hero got up and lunged at him.  Night Stalker saw this coming and as Gorn thrust Night Stalker stepped forward, away from Gorn, and swung his hammer around in a massive backhand.  Night Stalker realized that his radar was the most valuable thing he had ever bought.

IC: Marrow - Ow

Marrow tried to sidestep when it felt the gust of air that usually accompanied a strike, but stepped the wrong way. Captor would find it difficult to bite Marrow particularly hard as the entire creature toppled over on top of him, all bristling spines, writhing blade-limbs, and gnashing teeth.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

The second Night Stalker moved forward, Gorn knew that something was wrong. As such, when the villain swung his hammer, Gorn able to avoid the blow by somewhat awkwardly ducking, while simultaneously changing his attack from a stab to a backhand mid swing. The target wasn't Night Stalker himself; however, but his hammer. The superheated blade would effortlessly cut the hammer in two, should the blow connect.

IC: Jason Ferro- Antropolis city

Having retrieved the second turbine, Ferro emerged from the tunnel carrying it, and set it down next to the first.

IC: Arsenal- Makuhero city rooftop

Arsenal entered his ship, and immediately took off, heading for the planet Mechna. He would be able to restore full functionality to his weapons when he got there.

GM NPC STORMER

"I think that is a dangerous idea," Stormer said. "This ship has no weapons, only armor. Does anyone have a ship with weapons that survived the crash? Anyone?" 

IC Jade:

As if on que, the lightly damaged and heavily armed gunship set down near the factory.

"Gunship Four Seven Niner On station and ready to take survivors."

IC Striker:

"veeeeex, buddy! I came back and there was some weird planet where the Factory shoulda been! Figured I'd drop my mechano's to get some food and get my Pod's systems checked!"

IC Kat:

"Jaw....blade... ugh... he hasn't been giving us trouble, I guess..."

I frowned.

"We have more important things to deal with than him.

I hefted Nimius' legs again, "C'mon, Tim."

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod.

"Are you kidding me?" he raged, wishing Striker were in front of him so he could put his fist through his partner's idiot face, "What part of what I just said didn't you understand? Hero Factory - our home - is gone. And instead of helping, you were taking a prisoner out for lunch!" 

• Upvote 1

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod.

"Gone, as in blown up, destroyed." He was quickly losing patience, "Not only did you abandon us when we needed you, but then you went and bragged about it on social media!" 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous was trying to control his frustration as he bent the cranellation's controls to his will. He should go back to repairing his ship, not shooting from a ship that was barely in working order. Indeed, he found that the weapons had no power - the quaza battery to power them had been wrecked, and there was no power from the engines to supplement that even if they had survived.

He cursed Mr. Vyle again. He cursed his own bad decision making. He should have pulled out sooner instead of going in for the kill. This was too much damage for an enemy that wasn't even important...

In that moment, Traferous realized what he could do. The Heroes would be harder to attack once they were on the move, by the conspiracy or anybody else. He could lead them to the conspiracy, watch them burn. 

Right now, Traferous badly needed the Heroes as allies, now more than ever. But that would not do - he would have to play them again. Fortunately, this was something Traferous was good at. 

"Traferous? Where are you?" It was 78's voice. "I'm in the cargo ship with Dr. Lie."

"Good," snapped Traferous. "The three of us are going to put this ship back together again, somehow. I'll be there in a few." 

As he clambered out of the hot cranellation, Traferous wondered what to do with Mr. Vyle. He decided that he was no longer welcome on his ship. He hated people who stole his stuff...or destroyed it. 

GM NPC NEX, ROCKA, STRINGER, BULK, STORMER

"Okay," said Nex. "Let's put her on ground level." 

"Hold up," said Stringer. "Kathrine and Gyro haven't got Nimus on board yet."

"Both Katherine and Gyro can fly," Rocka put in. 

"Seriously, they are carrying a big Hero," Bulk said. "Can't you wait five minutes?"

Stormer sighed. "This is a dangerous situation. We're sitting ducks here against our enemies. Can they hurry up?"

Edited by fishers64

IC: Timothy Gyro - Basement

Gyro and Scarlet climbed aboard, with Nimius between them.

"Sorry," he said to Stormer. "Got held back a little. It's all fine now."

~

IC: Orukam Amayika - Mechano's

Amayika could hear the angry Hero's voice on the other end of the call from his seat. He awkwardly sipped his drink.

OOC: Is Night Stalker's gun firing energy shots or physical ammunition?

Var intercepted Night Stalker's shots with her weapon, but just as she landed and was about to attack the villain, another villain emerged on a ship, firing at her. Var leapt out of the way of the fire, but then sprinted around and took one heck of a leap as she jumped up into the air, and onto Fravi's ship.

IC: Captor

Regardless of spines, blade limbs or teeth, Captor's maw was not a nice place to find one's body parts in. Captor closed his jaw down on the part of Marrow he had gotten hold of, intending to rip it out, while the many revving teeth inside his maw went to work on it. He tried meanwhile not to get damaged by the rest of the villain's writhing form.

OOC: Also, no, Uerub is no bar owner/runner. She's just a regular patron who pays enough that the bartenders leave her to her eccentricities. Well, up until she starts wrecking the joint. But that's nothing that a good recompense payment can't fix.

IC: Uerub Kalslann

A patron of the bar asked Uerub to stop 'that terrible screeching'. Taking immense offense to that, Uerub punched the guy in the face, sending him flying into another guy. And so, a bar brawl erupted, much to the dismay of the barkeep, although not much to his surprise.