fishers64

IC: Eloise Thumper - Rocket Machine Room

Thumper pulled her fist from the innards of a complicated looking box, yanking wires free as she did so. Electricity crackled around her fingers and up her arm a little until she let it go. She shook her wrist absent-mindedly, glancing over to the shapeshifter.

"You said you're a civilian?" she asked politely. "What do you do as a job?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I used to be a CEO of a major corporation that sold spaceships. Actually, I still am, but the board of directors is a bit nicer about my traveling and vacations than it used to be," Traferous said, blasting a crane arm and sending it toppling to the floor.  

"That... must be fun," she offered hesitantly. She was not entirely sure what a CEO did, outside of being the boss. She caught the crane arm and bent it out of shape for good measure. "Is that how you heard about the evil lair here? Were they trying to order evil rockets from you?"

Maybe that's what a CEO does, Thumper thought. Like a Hero for the company. He seems tough enough to fight evil.

She frowned. But whenever I see a CEO on the news, they don't seem very strong. Maybe they're all shapeshifters?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"No, my board of directors and I got in a tight spot because they kept killing off my customers," Traferous said. "So we made a deal, and in the talks this planet came up - they basically told us they had a massive weapon they were going to point at the Hero Factory and a couple of other places, and for us to keep our ships out of the way."

He finished blowing up the crane, waiting for the dust to settle before talking again. "Thing is, none of us trusted them - if they could point it at Hero Factory, they could point it at us, too. So I decided to come to make sure it was gone - but I didn't want to upset our deal, otherwise they would start killing us again. So I figured if you guys shut it down, I wouldn't be blamed." He looked at Saracen with the last statement. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Rocket Bay.

He rolled his eyes, unfazed by the creature's casual admission that it had been manipulating Hero Factory for its own ends. "Hey Zib?" He opened a private channel, walking away from the others so he wouldn't be overheard, "You've been watching all of this from back at HQ, right? What's your take on this... thing? You really believe we can we trust... it?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Thumper nodded, pulled out of her train of thought. "I think you really have to be evil to want to blow up Hero Factory. We're the good guys- we help and protect people. Why would anyone want to shoot rockets at us if they weren't super evil?"

GM NPC ZIB

"I honestly don't know," Zib said. "Wait a minute...where's Mene Vantal? Have you guys seen him lately? And if this creature is a shapeshifter..."

He paused. "Being a Hero wouldn't do if he was going to blow up a rocket, would it? Where is Abacus? I wonder if the creature would submit to an examination by him."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"They weren't shooting rockets at the Hero Factory, they were trying to shoot the rocket at the sun to create a solar flare and a giant laser beam." He shrugged. "Don't ask me why they chose something so complicated; I don't know."

"Oh," she said, thoughtfully bringing her fists down on a console. "Well, that's... that is complicated. I don't think I really get it, but... I came over here in a bit of a hurry, so I didn't get to read the mission brief properly."

"You think this thing was impersonating a hero? Is that something we can arrest it for?" He asked hopefully, looking around for Abacus. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Alright. It's just... I don't trust it... Too much of what it's been saying doesn't add up," he cast a wary glance towards the creature, "why can't things ever be simple?" 

Thumper waved the snarly Hero over. "Don't you want to join in? Once we're done with this stuff, the mission should be pretty much over. May as well make the best of it."

OOC: So sorry, guys; got hit with a nasty stomach bug and just couldn't wrap my head around writing anything. :'P

IC Wolfe:

Wolfe's eyes snapped open, and he immediately regretted it -- a wave a pain washed over him as he remembered seeing the creature take a swing at him and then... nothing. The aching in his back told him that he'd been thrust into the wall hard enough to knock him out, and the placement of his quiver had only made the blow more painful. Or maybe he was just getting old.

With a grunt, he hauled himself to his feet, surprised to find the hall deserted. How long have I been out?

Not wasting any more time, the veteran walked stiffly down the hall, following the trail of destruction all the way to the Rocket Room. The lack of gunfire, explosions, roaring, or whatever noises of mayhem he expected was troubling, and he was quite puzzled at finding the lower room in disarray and no monster in sight. He moved over to the agitated-looking Saracen, watching Thumper and a rather small being disappear into another room. "So where's big-blue-and-scary?" he asked as he glanced around for somewhere to sit.

[Edit] OOC: Stupid page not telling me when someone has posted... If you want to, Fishers. Would this mean the end of the mission, or simply putting us in a better position to finish properly?

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

"I'm sure you and your creepy new friend can handle it yourself," he grumbled, before turning to reply to Wolfe, "That's it over there," he pointed at the diminutive creature by Thumper's side, "Turns out, it can shapeshift." 

OOC: Who wants a GM timeskip? I've kinda been waiting for all of the Saracen/Abacus/Zib stuff to get untangled, but I think I should just pull one so we can move on. 

Uh, sure, I guess.

OOC: I'm not sure how that would affect the Crowley/Azure/Riot/Echo battle, though, hmm. Is that largely over?

Crowley ran off, but no one seems to have gone after him...

OOC: I'm fine with a timeskip if required, but yeah maybe we should wait for the other half to finish their part first. The idle banter has been a little slow but overall pretty fun, anyway.

• Upvote 1

OOC: I'm just gonna have Abacus erase those computers.

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Abacus proceeded to erasing all data on the base's computers, but not before taking a hard copy for later analysis onto his personal server, locked up in a cage of impenetrable firewalls that only he knew how to open.

OOC: And with that, I'm good with a timeskip.

OOC: Technically, it's more of a Riot and Echo vs. Ezec and Aza situation, with Stryker vs. Crowley happening on the side, but whatever. :P

Last time I checked, it's still kind of in the opening stages of the fight, and Rylinth and I are actually waiting on Scorp to whip up a post. I don't know if Stryker vs. Crowley will be continuing, however, so I can't really comment on that.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: I'm down with waiting for the battle to end too. I'm having a good time chatting with the villain, personally.

"We're almost done here, anyway," Thumper shrugged. She slammed two computer monitors together in a shower of glass and circuitry. "Not going to be any evil sun rockets here for a long time."

She clapped her hands together to dust them off, to note that a small shard of glass was trapped in the seams of her finger. She attempted to pluck it out. While she struggled, she said jovially, "Well, mission complete, I think. Good job, everyone."

OOC: Technically, it's more of a Riot and Echo vs. Ezec and Aza situation, with Stryker vs. Crowley happening on the side, but whatever. :P

Last time I checked, it's still kind of in the opening stages of the fight, and Rylinth and I are actually waiting on Scorp to whip up a post. I don't know if Stryker vs. Crowley will be continuing, however, so I can't really comment on that.

OOC: I believe Stryker versus Crowley is over. And he will join the Riot & Echo vs. Ezec & Aza. But I'm waiting for Scorp to respond to attacks already made by Riot and Echo before I do anything.

IC Wolfe [Rocket Room]:

A shapeshifter? The midget?

Wolfe raised his arm and let it fall back to his side in a quick motion of annoyance. "Great," he muttered, easing himself into a sitting position on one of the few still-intact tables, massaging the shoulder of his bow arm thoughtfully. "I assume somebody tried, and failed, to cuff him. Why in the world is he suddenly buddies with Thumper?!"

OOC: Just passing the time. :v

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Hero Profile

Name: Jason Ferro

Powers and abilities:

Jason has the ability to generate magnetic fields, allowing him to push or pull metal objects without physically touching them. The magnetic fields will remain in place until he either manually calls them off, or runs out of power. Due to a... previous incident, he has had inhibitors installed that prevent him from generating more than six at a time, along with a programming block that prevents him from using his abilities on other heroes. His body was designed with a large energy capacity in mind, as his abilities require a good amount of power for frequent use. He is reasonably well armored, and can move at a decent speed. His limbs have been specially designed to resist sudden applications of force, preventing them from being torn off. Retractable spikes have been built into his boots, allowing him to anchor himself to most surfaces.

Weapons:

Jason has a unique weapon built into both of his forearms, in the form of metal harpoons attached to his wrists via a cord. Through the use of his powers, these can be fired with considerable force and precision. Once latched onto a villain, the harpoons can be electrified, causing the victim to be stunned. In addition, Jason also carries a pair of pistols.

Appearance:

Jason Ferro wears black and purple armor, with a helmet almost completely covering his face. He has the standard body type for a hero.

Bio:

Jason is an unusual case for a hero, as his body was not always his own. Unbeknownst to him, his body once belonged to a hero known as Augustus Steel. Like Jason, Augustus possessed magnetic powers; however, they were unrestricted, allowing him to do things that no other hero could do. This did little but feed his already huge ego. After a while, he decided that he should be the one running the show, and attempted to take control of Hero factory. It took every member of Alpha team to bring him down, and several others heroes were killed in the process. After his defeat, Mr. Makuro still wanted to see if a hero with magnetic abilities could work. Due to the difficulty involved with creating Steel's unique modifications, he ordered Augustus' core to be removed and a new one created, in addition to the aforementioned power inhibitors. The result was Jason, and he has been serving faithfully ever since. Only Alpha team knows of his previous form.

Jason's personality is standard hero fare. He has a strong sense of justice, and a desire to help those in need. He is fully aware of the potential magnetic powers have in a universe where most of the inhabitants are made of metal. However, he has yet to do anything remarkable with them, and secretly fears being forgotten among the legions of heroes he fights alongside. This results in his being overly concerned about other's opinion of him, causing him to use flashy moves in combat and frequently try to do "cool" things. As he seems to think that life works like an action movie, these usually have humiliating, if not entertaining, results. He has a generally friendly disposition, though he is not naive. He enjoys his job, and is always enthusiastic about the prospect of visiting someplace new.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Hero Profile

Name: Jason Ferro

Powers and abilities:

Jason has the ability to generate magnetic fields, allowing him to push or pull metal objects without physically touching them. Due to a... previous incident, he has had inhibitors installed that prevent him from generating more that four at a time, along with a programming block that prevents him from using his abilities on other heroes. His body was designed with a large energy capacity in mind, as his powers require a good amount of power for frequent use. He is reasonable well armored, and can run at a decent speed. His limbs have been specially designed to resist sudden application of force, preventing his limbs from being torn off. Retractable spikes have been built into his boots, allowing him to anchor himself to most surfaces.

Weapons:

Jason has an interesting weapon built into both his forearms, in the form of metal grappling hooks, attached to his wrists via a cord. Through the use of his powers, these hooks can be fired with considerable force and precision. Once latched onto a villain, the hooks can be electrified, causing the victim to be stunned. In addition, Jason also carries a pair of pistols.

Appearance:

Jason Ferro wears black and purple armor, with a helmet almost completely covering his face. He has the standard body type for a hero.

Bio:

Jason is an unusual case for a hero, as his body was not always his own. Unbeknownst to him, his body once belonged to a hero known as Marcus Steel. Like Jason, Marcus possesed magnetic powers, however, they were unrestricted, allowing him to do things that no other hero could do. This caused Marcus to see himself as superior to his comrades. This culminated in an attempt to take control of hero factory. It took every member of Alpha team to bring him down, and several others were killed in the process. After his defeat, Mr. Makuro still wanted to see if a hero with magnetic abilities could work. He ordered Marcus's core to be removed, his memory erased, and a new personality to be created, in addition to the aforementioned power inhibitors. The result was Jason, and he has been serving faithfully ever since. Only Alpha team knows of his previous form.

Jason's personality is normal enough. He has a strong sense of justice, and a desire to help those he can. He is always seeking information, whether it be about the planet he's on, or the history of the villain he's fighting. He enjoys making mid-battle puns, the more cringeworthy, the better. He has a generally friendly disposition, though he is not naive. He enjoys his job, and is always enthusiastic about the prospect of visiting somewhere new.

Approved. 

If this keeps going, Mr. Makuro will be like the Great Beings in Bionicle. :P

• Upvote 2

This glass wasn't coming out, was it? She tried shaking it out. "Why wouldn't they be friends with me? I'm nice."

IC: Echo - Caught in the Grand Tranq crossfire

Echo activated the sound dampeners on his saw-blade and activated the motor. Once this thing got up to speed, very little could withstand it. A small chirp announced his concussion blast was at 75% charge. He drew his blade arm back and... was startled by hissing and shower of sparks from behind. Stryker, the Hero he had sent after the unidentified signature seemed to have found his mark, a vicious plasma wielding lizard thing.

His cover was definitely blown.

Echo threw the blast he had been charging at the creature Stryker was fighting, whipped around, and jabbed his now whirlwind-speed buzz-saw directly towards the white titan's back.

OOC: Not even a mention of the potted plant, huh? :P

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Ground Floor)

Thank you, extra chest-plating...

The smaller one's attempt to shish-kebab him with a bullet impacted with enough force to knock him back towards the elevator, sending him skidding across the floor and causing him to lean into the shot, which was the only real reason why he still maintained even the slightest resemblance of balance. Returning to his feet after taking a moment to catch his breath, he pulled the round out of the hole in his armor, casually tossing it aside as he took a second to gauge how many layers it had penetrated through.

"And here I thought you actually wanted to prolong this a little," Riot finally said. "Your sportsmanship could really use some work."

Charging down the hallway and kicking himself off of a wall, the Hero pulled off a jetpack-assisted barrel roll in mid-air, firing off another couple of slugs (this time at Aza) before landing and attempting to sweep the larger one's legs out from under him with a (hopefully) well-placed kick.

IC God Twins:

Aza Stepped back and turned to avoid the slugs, intent on making a full circle and returning fire, only to spot Echo attempting to slice apart Ezec's rear plating. In an instant, she leveled off and fired a shot right at the weapon, to knock it aside.

Meanwhile, While Riot's kick was indeed well placed, Ezec had predicted his flight path, and had put his left leg forward, leaning in and driving his fist right where Riot's face was. As it was, even if his kick landed, with Ezec's weight, a sweep would be unlikely to topple him.

IC: Echo - Grand Tranq battle

A powerful blast knocked Echo's saw out of its path and twisted his chassis to the left. He responded by whipping himself the rest of the way around in a sort of frenzied pirouette while tracing the shot's trajectory. The second the smaller beast came into view he fired off a 33% charge concussion shot to stun it and dashed forwards with his buzz-saw spinning in a wicked slash.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

"That... thing... claims it's here to help," Saracen explained bitterly, "Apparently Thumper actually believes it." 

"Why wouldn't I?" Thumper smiled when the glass finally came free. "They explained why they attacked us, and they've already said they're here for the same reason we are. They even helped with the room!"

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Ground Floor)

Tilting his head to the side in order to give himself the room necessary to parry the oncoming blow as his previous attack failed, Riot pushed himself upwards with his remaining leg, delivering a jab towards the underside of his opponent's offending arm with the intention of dislocating it. At the very least, if the attack wasn't outright deflected by the Villain's fancy shielding abilities or prevented by some other means, it was still on a collision-course with a commonly universal pressure point located on the limb in question, meaning that if the punch connected, he would more than likely lose all feeling in the appendage for at least the remainder of the fight.

OOC: Whether or not specimens of Ezec's species actually share said pressure point is entirely up to you, Scorp.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: I'm thinking of submitting a Hero Profile later after I get another person's opinion on the material Heroes are made of (for weight calculations). I was thinking of titanium?

I already calculated height:

Minifigure: 1 9/16 inches = 5.8 feet (average U.S. male height)

Hero Factory Breez Minifigure: 2 1/8 inches = 7.888 feet

Hero Factory Breez Figure (breakout): 8 inches = 7.888 feet

(I used Breez and her minifigure counterpart to find the correct ratios. I'm not submitting Breez as the hero profile =)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: I think we discussed the approximate weight of a hero a while back. 

EDIT: found the quote:

OOC: That's a huge underestimate. A roughly human sized robot is gonna be in excess of 450-500lbs easy.

Edited by Nato Greavesy

OOC: I saw that. I thought that was based on human height and weight ratios though. According to my calculations, heroes are actually quite a bit taller than a human. That added onto the fact that the heroes are almost solid metal caused me to look for a more accurate weight estimate.

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: Heroes have appeared alongside humans in canon before. I'm looking for it now, but there was at least one advertisement that had Heroes helping out human kids. That could give a more accurate height for Heroes.

EDIT:

The video looks like, when you compare Stormer to the guy mowing the lawn using the fence, they're around the same height. Stormer might be a little taller, but not by much. Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

OOC: I'm not 100% sure if it's the case here, but for a sake of simplicity, characters in these RPGs are usually treated as having roughly the same dimensions and limitations as human beings, unless otherwise stated. 

OOC: I'm pretty sure that was a fan-made video for an official LEGO contest. I don't think humans have ever actually made a canon appearance.

*Update: Ah, thanks for the link. I stand corrected.

**Update 2.0: WAIT WAIT! Those are 1.0s. The heroes we're using are Breakout/Brain Attack era, putting them at a considerably larger size. Vicarath is correct with his measurements, I think.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer