fishers64

IC: Markus Vex - Underground Lake.

"Yo Striker, you still alive down there?" 

IC: Mr Vyle - Conference Centre.

Mingling with the crowds, Vyle followed the rest of the media folk into the conference hall, and up onto the second level. 

IC: Anamnesis - Library. 

Stepping into the library, he stopped by a computer terminal, siphoning some of its power while he patched into the factory's mainframe to access the camera system. The three targets were all making their way towards Heck's room, all looking decidedly panicked. Perfect...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC ZIB

"They might be at Donald Heck's room, if they decided to believe the message. Either way, I would go there first," Zib said. "Their workplaces should be in their files, but we don't track civilian employees. That's a violation of their privacy."  

-------------------------------------------------------

CONFERENCE START ICS

-------------------------------------------------------

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO") & ??? ("HAYLEY")

Dr. Venturo pulled the motorcycle into a parking space in the hotel. Hayley immediately set off for the top floor without another word. 

The Doc, for her part, slipped into the hotel's public restrooms to change clothes yet again. She emerged wearing a modest dress over her metal chest and legs. She would not be mortified by more revealing attire...especially when her skirt concealed a few weapons of her own. 

GM IC ??? ("POHATU")

As Mr. Vyle settled down, he would see a lone figure calmly walking around the room, apparently scoping out the place. He wore a blue cloak, now, over silver armor. He looked dignified, as if he belonged there. 

The citizens attending the conference seemed to not have arrived just yet. 

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer landed the craft near the confrence hall. "Package is in the hotbed," he said to Zib. He turned to Katherine. "I'm going to scope out the place. You stay here and guard the stuff. If anything attacks, call me immediately."

GM NPC DANIELA CAPRICORN

She got up and stretched, walking out of her room over to the recharge station. She gasped when she saw the huge boulder hole, walking over to go see it. 

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

Mr. Makuro nodded. "I seek to minimize the trouble for others today," he said. "Let us go."

GM NPC QUEEN BEAST

"Work faster!" the Queen Beast urged, looking over a workforce of Tunneler and Crystal Beasts. "The conference is about to start!"

GM IC ??? ("BRAIN MASTER")

The brain master emerged from the nutrient fluid, fully repaired. It took him a couple seconds to regain consciousness, leaning on a large stool. Make that a toadstool, except this one was modified not to eat the entire the ship for lunch like a standard version.

He then looked over the horse beast's work. "Excellent, as usual," he said. He was still dazed from the anesthetic chemicals. He would have to monitor things from here, and hope his plans worked out. 

Edited by fishers64

OOC: I have been suffering from the very strong temptation to reply to Zib's "Can I make a suggestion?" with "No". Just to see what would happen.

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

He sighed. "With the way my ideas have been going? I would be very glad to hear yours."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Mr Vyle - Conference Room, Second Floor.

He gave Pohatu nothing more than a cursory glance; he was just one more person to keep an eye on. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jason Ferro- Ship's hull

It seemed that Jason's assumption had been correct: Breez was indeed doing well, but the fight was clearly taking it's toll. Jason attempted to pull himself onto the ship's deck to assist, but his weakness prevented him from doing so. Instead, he took aim with one of his pistols, and fired. Next to Breez, a flyer Beast's brain exploded, causing the creature to fall to the ground. Ferro then ducked behind the side of the ship, before any of the beasts would get the chance to see where the shot came from.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Epix - Tait's Hotel (Mr. Makuro's Room)

Epix merely reestablished his link between himself and Mission Control.

"Package is en route to the conference hall," he said, preparing to take the lead, just in case someone was planning to make a move against the inventor while they were in transit. "Preparing drones for deployment once we exit the building."

OOC: Feel free to bunny Epix for the journey. I'll resume control over him either once we get there or if we have to engage in combat.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"He most certainly will not. I intend to have him executed immediately."

He then nodded at Kavok Quake's explanation. "You have a point. It might be slightly harder to find than Kryptonium or anti-quaza, but it shouldn't be too big of a diversion. 

The three walked through the door of the conference room into a large office space. Citizens lowered their eyes with respect to Traferous as they passed by, but it seemed that none of them were really of the mindset of fear. If their emotions could be read, it was between the respect employees have for their leader, and what fans of a rock singer from Makuhero City might have. 

IC: Kavok Quake

"I'll work with what you can give me, but if you want something to succeed I recommend something that would blind them as well as leave them unconscious. If that happens you may go anywhere you wish." 

It's time to move on.

IC: FOCUS [HERO FACTORY]

"Well, you heard the man," Focus said, gesturing to Echo as he exited Mission Control. "Let's get to the room of this 'Donald Heck', and hope that we are not too late."

As they walked, Focus fell silent once more, mulling over both the current situation as well as his partner. Echo appeared to be somewhat awkward and unsure of himself when speaking to others; due to this, it was difficult to judge whether the other Hero did not speak much because he felt it unnecessary, or because he simply did not know what to say (which was, admittedly, more likely). Whatever the case, Focus was glad for it; the more talkative Heroes never shut up, as if a single moment of quiet would disrupt the fabric of reality. Those Heroes grated on his nerves endlessly; at least Echo had proven - so far - both easy to work with and resourceful.

Their job would be easier if Focus himself was accessing the necessary files and information as well, but... some amount of spite was leading him to refuse such a simple task.

Besides, the added challenge factor of facing the unknown was always exhilarating; something that he kept to himself (even if anyone looking to connect the dots probably could if looking at his files) as if it became public knowledge, he might find himself back in the Assembly Tower.

He shook his head to clear it.

IC: Echo - Hero Factory

Echo fell into step behind the other Hero once more as they began to make their way towards Heck's room

OOC: Why Heck of all names?

IC: Evil Cobra Shard and Co.- Hospital Fight Part II

Evil Shard and his brain companions charged forwards with a yell as the door was plasmized and a grenade flew in. Shard tried to smash Nex with his completely destroyed cannon while several brains attempted to jump on Drift's head.

IC: Alex Drift - Hospital Fight Part II

Drift lobbed one of his grenades into the room as soon as the door went down and then began punching and kicking any brains that came near. He really wanted his gun back...

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: No idea. Maybe all the good names are taken

Focus stopped, turning towards Echo.

"How close?" he asked, hoping that the other Hero would realize he was asking about Heck's room.

Less words, less time, less speaking. All for the better.

Edited by Lucina

OOC: I bet it's 'Heck' because he wanted a cool, edgy name but all the good ones were blocked by the Robot Name Database's word filter, so he had to settle for the next best thing. That is what I choose to believe.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Actually, I was basically just keyspamming when I wrote up the NPC's names. I just went with whatever autocorrect suggested.

• Upvote 1

IC: Night Stalker

"It wasn't easy, and my informant knew a lot.  Don't worry, he won't be telling anyone else."

IC: Kavok Quake

"I'm using it because it's quick and easy to make, we had to use it all the time on my home planet. As long as I have some heaters that can be remote controlled then five of these should cause quite some damage and distraction within one area. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"He most certainly will not. I intend to have him executed immediately."

He then nodded at Kavok Quake's explanation. "You have a point. It might be slightly harder to find than Kryptonium or anti-quaza, but it shouldn't be too big of a diversion. 

The three walked through the door of the conference room into a large office space. Citizens lowered their eyes with respect to Traferous as they passed by, but it seemed that none of them were really of the mindset of fear. If their emotions could be read, it was between the respect employees have for their leader, and what fans of a rock singer from Makuhero City might have. 

IC: Night Stalker shakes his head.  "No, you misunderstood me.  He won't be telling anyone else because he's so much scrap at the bottom of the ocean."

IC Kathrine:

"Yes, sir, Alpha Leader!" I said, readying my plasma jets.

IC Jade:

Jade meanwhile, grabbed a cup of energy and started writing up her report.

IC Kaiba Blader:

The blackened dropship dusted off at a public landing pad, and the Proto- Hero stepped out. His antiquated clearance codes were accepted with a story about how he'd been on an undercover mission for quite some time.

IC John Striker:

"Oh, you know. I'm hangin' in there." He pulled himself up a few rungs.

"I don't suppose the water level is going down now that it's moving through here, is it?"

IC Overflow:

"I'm at the hospital", Parcival said over comms as he exited the taxi, "Sorry about the delay, ran into a lot of traffic. Any situation updates?"

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Is Overflow broadcasting that to someone specifically or just in general? If it's a general message, Nex and Drift will be able to respond.

IC: Echo - Hero Factory

There it was. He could see Heck's room up ahead. Echo quickly put out a hand and stopped Focus. Placing one finger against his visor as a sign to be quiet, he activated his sound-dampeners and began to creep up to the door. When he was right up next to it, he knelt down and turned on his sonar. If this door wasn't air-tight, he might be able to find any hidden passages, traps, or beings inside. 

OOC: So is there anything I should know about this room, Nato?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Well, since you got there first, I guess the layout and description and so on is up to you. 

OOC: It's just over the general HF comm frequency.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis Hospital Battleground

Drift smacked another brain out of the way as the transmission came through. "Yeah sure, the brains and their master are in here. Why doncha come in and we'll brainstorm what to do?" Drift accentuated his bad joke with a loud splat as he kicked a brain that had fallen from the ceiling into the burning slush of the door.

OOC: Alright, before I write up the outlay of the room I need to know if the three other guys are inside or not.

GM NPC ZIB

"There's a huge ship heading across the ocean with a huge amount of beasts onboard and two Heroes on board that could really use some backup."

He then turned to Striker. "No, but I'm not sure I know what you're talking about."

OOC: For the fifth time, his name isn't really Pohatu. 

GM NPC BEASTS (NEAR FERRO)

About five beasts (3 Jaw Beasts and 2 Flyer Beasts) of the crowd took notice of the shot and took off in Ferro's direction. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"That wouldn't be necessary," Traferous said. "But if that amuses you, I don't see why not."

He smiled at Night Stalker's comment, and walked up to a wall, hitting a few spaces on the wall, opening a door. He debated whether to let Night Stalker follow him down, but decided that his curiousity would merely convince him to break in more. 

The door opened, revealing a dank old stairwell. "This is where we'll get Kavok Quake's stuff," said Traferous. "It's a mineral and chemicals locker."

GM NPC NEX

Nex dodged the damaged cannon aimed at him, keeping on his side of the hall. He didn't want to be hit by the explosion.  

"We're fighting a brain-controlled hero and an entire brain hoarde." Nex said. "It's pretty bad."

GM NPC STORMER (NEAR KATHRINE)

Stormer walked into the conference hall, taking note of Mr. Vyle and the figure casing the place. "Zib, do we have files on these two?" he said as he walked across the conference hall looking for bombs and hidden weapons. 

GM NPC CITIZENS (NEAR STORMER)

The citizens attending the conference began to file in then, but Stormer waved them off. "This is a restricted area." he informed them. "We're not sure that it's safe in here yet, so please wait for just a moment."

OOC: Stormer is in Brain Attack form.

GM NPC DANIELA CAPRICORN

"Live from Antropolis City, Daniela Capricorn here. It appears that some nefarious individuals have punched a huge hole in the hotel where I and Mr. Makuro are staying. Who is this dastardly individual? Stay tuned for the latest updates."

IC: Anamnesis - Library. 

Still monitoring the security camera network, he watched as his three targets began to approach Heck's room. He switched to a different feed, one for the corridor where the room was situated, and- No! How? There were already heroes outside. This didn't make sense... he'd been so careful... how had they known where he'd been planning to go next? 

Biting back a curse, he remained where he was, his body scrolling idly through a catalogue of comic books while his mind monitored the camera systems, waiting to see what the heroes would decide to do with the civilians when they arrived. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Mr Vyle - Conference Room, Second Floor.

He remained unfazed at the sight of the hero. He knew better than to draw attention to himself, after all As far as anyone was concerned, he was just one more member of the media, part of the sizeable crowd he'd accompanied into the room. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: It's faster for me to type "Pohatu" than something along the lines of "the mysterious figure who fishers has been referring to as Pohatu despite the fact that is isn't actually him". 

Edited by Nato Greavesy
  • Upvote 1

OOC: I thought Striker was talking to Vex, but I could be wrong.

"I think we can assist," said Flood. He turned to Furno. "Do you have any objections?"

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis Hospital Battleground

Drift smacked another brain out of the way as the transmission came through. "Yeah sure, the brains and their master are in here. Why doncha come in and we'll brainstorm what to do?" Drift accentuated his bad joke with a loud splat as he kicked a brain that had fallen from the ceiling into the burning slush of the door.

OOC: Alright, before I write up the outlay of the room I need to know if the three other guys are inside or not.

OOC: I believe they are inside the room, yes.

OOC: According to Nato's post, they're still on their way there.

IC: Echo - What in the Galaxy...

The echolocation scan finished and he looked it over carefully. The only suspicious thing about the room was a small rectangular alcove cut into the wall. Could possibly be a trap. There looked like some sort of oddly-constructed pillar in the middle of the room. Strange. The good news was that no one seemed to actually be inside, so as long as they were careful of that alcove or any tripwires, proximity mines, etc., they should be fine. Echo motioned Focus over and pushed the door open.

A terrifying sight was waiting for him on the other side.

Focus.

Everywhere.

Posters of the other Hero lined the walls and were scattered across the floor. Paintings clearly done by Heck sat in a heap at a desk and the sleeping rack in the corner had Focus' face sewn into the sheets. A life-size replica built from junk sat in the middle of the room, surrounded by candles. Echo would've said something but he was too disturbed. He had a feeling whatever was in that niche wasn't a booby trap. As he pushed aside the largest poster in the room, his suspicion was confirmed. Inside was.. a Focus action figure? Where the heck did Heck even get that? Echo slowly turned around and looked at the other Hero.

"Focus... they killed your biggest fan."

OOC: Never would've thought of this if Zippy hadn't said something. Thanks for the inspiration.  :D

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel
  • Upvote 4

OOC: you missed a huge opportunity

should've been "where the heck did Heck even get that?"

because

well

it's obvious i think

Focus had been rendered speechless.

He... did not know what to make of this. If he was honest with himself, there was now a small part of him that no longer cared that Heck was gone.

"Well... that is... something," he said, speaking slowly as he tried to make sense of the room. "Jason Vale and Donald Heck dead... and somewhere, hopefully headed for this room, we've got Emily Sharp, John Flak, and Sara Module all as the next in line of targets. Let's hope that Heck was the only one of them that was so... enthusiastic... about me. I'd rather not waste time explaining that I dislike being commercialized like this."

He stepped forward, activating his energy sword and quickly used it to destroy the action figure before deactivating it; the handle was reattached to his hip.

"I suppose we simply wait."

OOC: Indeed an opportunity missed, but only temporarily! Edits all around!

IC: Echo - Nightmare at 20,000 feet Ground Level

Echo looked sadly at an action figure leg that had fallen to the floor. "I kinda wanted to keep that guy." 

OOC: I'm laughing so hard right now. No, Rylinth; thank you for this precious gift of a post.

"Oh! Of course. Hopefully, by the time we return, we will have heard from that other fellow who came to join us." He felt slight concern as he buckled himself in. "I hope he's all right."