fishers64

OOC: Rylinth, surely such an ardent fan would have more than one action model of his favorite hero, right? And maybe a villain for Focus The Action Figure(s) to fight as well?  :)

Edited by Vicarath

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Echo - Creeeeepyy Rooooomm

Echo shook his head musingly. "Indeed." He gently nudged the corner of a "Matteo Focus Strikes Again" comic back under the bed with his toe, hoping the source material didn't notice.

GM NPC NEX

Nex dodged the damaged cannon aimed at him, keeping on his side of the hall. He didn't want to be hit by the explosion.  

"We're fighting a brain-controlled hero and an entire brain hoarde." Nex said. "It's pretty bad."

OOC: At this point the freeze gun is damaged so much that he's just swinging it like a club, not firing rockets- hang on... ice spikes don't explode, fishers?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: Good grief.

Focus exists for five minutes and this happens

IC: FOCUS [HERO FACTORY]

Focus did notice.

He shook his head, letting out a weary sigh.

"Take a look around," he mumbled. "Maybe there are clues as to why he was killed. Although the simple answer is that his killer doesn't like me, and thus didn't like him."

He did not mention that the killer might be a bigger fan, and had simply removed the competition. He did not want to think about it.

(Even though he already was, curse him)

Edited by Lucina

OOC: I'm very confused as to why a guy who was an integral part of a secret conspiracy to replace the current generation of heroes with ruthless, remorseless pragmatists would have a fanatical obsession with a random hero, but since he's dead I guess it's not all that important. 

IC: Anamnesis - Library. 

He watched on through the camera system as the first of the surviving conspirators arrived, followed shortly after by the other two. But still, he lingered at the console, waiting to see what the heroes would do with them.

OOC: Feel free to do whatever you want with these guys; they're green NPCs, I guess, so anyone can control them. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: No, why would he have multiples of the same figure? That would be like having multiple Dukes from G.I.Joe. Oh wait...

IC: Echo - Kreepy Room 

Finally, the other targets were here. Echo wondered if they would even notice Focus in his current... camouflaged environment. He stepped back to let the star of the show do the talking.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

OOC: I'm very confused as to why a guy who was an integral part of a secret conspiracy to replace the current generation of heroes with ruthless, remorseless pragmatists would have a fanatical obsession with a random hero, but since he's dead I guess it's not all that important.

OOC: I might have been planning to have Focus struggle with urges to... well, be ruthless/remorseless/pragmatic and such later on .__.

So I guess maybe they just... see that in him?

He'd probably have displayed such traits a few times out in the field...

Distractions faded away as the targets arrived. Focus stepped forward, inclining his head towards the three new arrivals.

"Emily, John, Sara... we apologize for the intrusion. We are looking into the murders, and were informed that you three might be the next targets..." he trailed off, his gaze shifting between the three before he continued, "is there any information that you could provide us with?"

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"That wouldn't be necessary," Traferous said. "But if that amuses you, I don't see why not."

He smiled at Night Stalker's comment, and walked up to a wall, hitting a few spaces on the wall, opening a door. He debated whether to let Night Stalker follow him down, but decided that his curiousity would merely convince him to break in more. 

The door opened, revealing a dank old stairwell. "This is where we'll get Kavok Quake's stuff," said Traferous. "It's a mineral and chemicals locker."

IC: Kavok Quake

He followed up the stairs hoping for the perfect materials.

"You have the materials labeled right?" 

It's time to move on.

IC: Jason Ferro- Ship's hull

Hearing the sound of the beasts running towards him, Ferro repelled himself from the ship's hull, sending him far enough backwards to avoid the boat's wake as he entered the water with an audible splash. He had gotten an idea...

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"That wouldn't be necessary," Traferous said. "But if that amuses you, I don't see why not."

He smiled at Night Stalker's comment, and walked up to a wall, hitting a few spaces on the wall, opening a door. He debated whether to let Night Stalker follow him down, but decided that his curiousity would merely convince him to break in more. 

The door opened, revealing a dank old stairwell. "This is where we'll get Kavok Quake's stuff," said Traferous. "It's a mineral and chemicals locker."

Night Stalker follows, taking stock of what's down there.  He begins searching through the chemicals, removing one occasionally.  He picks up one and squints at the label, then grins and adds it to the few he's already holding.  He waits for Kavok to finish so they can go to the lab.

OOC: I might have been planning to have Focus struggle with urges to... well, be ruthless/remorseless/pragmatic and such later on .__.

So I guess maybe they just... see that in him?

He'd probably have displayed such traits a few times out in the field...

Distractions faded away as the targets arrived. Focus stepped forward, inclining his head towards the three new arrivals.

"Emily, John, Sara... we apologize for the intrusion. We are looking into the murders, and were informed that you three might be the next targets..." he trailed off, his gaze shifting between the three before he continued, "is there any information that you could provide us with?"

OOC: I was actually going to suggest that he became involved because the project's goals aligned with similar traits belonging to the Hero he was obsessed with, and this practically confirms my suspicions.

So in other words, he's essentially that one... eccentric fan who spends an insane amount of money on eBay for a lock of celebrity's hair, just to foster their hopes of someday gaining access to cloning equipment, which is becoming even creepier now that I've finished typing that sentence. :o

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM NPC NEX

Nex dodged the damaged cannon aimed at him, keeping on his side of the hall. He didn't want to be hit by the explosion.  

"We're fighting a brain-controlled hero and an entire brain hoarde." Nex said. "It's pretty bad."

OOC: At this point the freeze gun is damaged so much that he's just swinging it like a club, not firing rockets- hang on... ice spikes don't explode, fishers?

OOC: Yes, but grenades do, and A. Drift just chucked one at C. Shard. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Night Stalker follows, taking stock of what's down there.  He begins searching through the chemicals, removing one occasionally.  He picks up one and squints at the label, then grins and adds it to the few he's already holding.  He waits for Kavok to finish so they can go to the lab.

OOC: Please use IC for your posts. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous took out a sword and leveled at Night Stalker's throat. "Put those back. Now."

GM IC KAVOK QUAKE

Kavok Quake would find some steel canisters under a heat lamp and off the floor on pallets near the end of the room, labelled "Gunpowder". Across the room (near the entrance), there was a bunch of dynamite and fuse sticks in a thick glass case with a padlock. 

The other side of the room contained a chemical repository. Some of the chemicals were left out on shelves and boxes - others padlocked in similar glass cases or refrigerators or freezers. An old fume hood occupied one corner, clearly old and disused - and obviously dysfunctional so far underground.   

OOC: Ah okay, just got a bit confused by the wording.

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Hospital Fight

Were the Heroes calling for help? Pathetic. But this could get pretty ugly if more Heroes showed up. Evil Shard picked up an evil brain and flung it at Nex, then smashed his cannon club into Drift.

IC: Alex Drift - Neurophobia - Fear of Brains

Drift went sprawling from the hit and kicked a brain off that tried to take advantage of his fall. The grenade in the hospital room went off, blasting rubble out into the hall and sending brains everywhere (Boy, that didn't sound as good as I thought it would). Scrambling to his feet, he began futilely kicking Evil Shard in the shins.

GM NPC NEX

Nex fired a plasma shot at the rogue hero's brain, hoping to hit it. 

GM NPC BEASTS (NEAR FERRO)

The beasts spread out, looking for their quarry. 

OOC: Is Jason on the real back of the boat? If he goes under the water there, he's going to be in danger from the engines and the boat's wake. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

OOC: Please use IC for your posts. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous took out a sword and leveled at Night Stalker's throat. "Put those back. Now."

OOC: Oops, my bad.

IC:  Night Stalker raises his left (unoccupied) hand, trying to show he means no harm.  "Relax.  I'm low on ammo and I need to make more.  I like to load this," the tri-blaster spins around Night Stalker's raised arm, "with capsules filled with the compound I want to make.  It's a mildly corrosive gas which eats through most bots and burns organics.  I have some left, if you want a demonstration right now."  Night Stalker glances around the room.  "But obviously not in here.  That would be really, really bad."

Edited by Vestak

OOC:

Sorry, forgot about that. I edited my post so he'll be far away enough to avoid injury. Also, are the beasts in the water as well, or are they searching on the ship?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC:

Sorry, forgot about that. I edited my post so he'll be far away enough to avoid injury. Also, are the beasts in the water as well, or are they searching on the ship?

OOC: The latter. There are beasts in the water too, but the ship is moving too fast for them to be important. 

IC:  Night Stalker raises his left (unoccupied) hand, trying to show he means no harm.  "Relax.  I'm low on ammo and I need to make more.  I like to load this," the tri-blaster spins around Night Stalker's raised arm, "with capsules filled with the compound I want to make.  It's a mildly corrosive gas which eats through most bots and burns organics.  I have some left, if you want a demonstration right now."  Night Stalker glances around the room.  "But obviously not in here.  That would be really, really bad."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I don't like it when people take my stuff," Traferous snapped. But he lowered his sword and glanced over at Kavok. This one is too smart for his own good and is impudent. I may have to kill him soon. 

IC Overflow:

"Gotcha. Be up in a sec.", Parcival said, tapping like mad on his clamshell as he raced into an elevator. On the way up, he composed two seperate programs;

One was an audio pulse that pulsed a high-frequency disorienting tone, and the other would transmit the opposing frequency in identical bursts over a radio frequency.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"I don't like it when people take my stuff," Traferous snapped. But he lowered his sword and glanced over at Kavok. This one is too smart for his own good and is impudent. I may have to kill him soon. 

IC: Night Stalker

"If you'd rather I not use this, I won't.  I'll just get what I need from some shop somewhere."

IC: Jason Ferro- Underwater magnetic ninja

The beasts didn't seem to notice Jason in the water, so he decided to give them a subtle hint about his whereabouts. Jason's hand, clutching a pistol, emerged from the blackness. He took a moment to take aim, and fired. Seconds later, one of the Flyer beasts fell to the deck, it's evil brain reduced to an unrecognizable splatter on the crate behind it.

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Someone's About to Get Hospitalized

Evil Shard ducked under the blast and kicked toward's the orange Hero's knee.

IC: Alex Drift - Backup's On the Way!

He stomped on a brain and tried to tackle Shard from behind, but the brained rookie was stronger than him and threw him off. Drift really hoped his grenade hadn't killed the Brain Master... Nah, he was probably fine. He had a horse-beast to- hang on... where was the horse-beast?

GM IC TRAFEROUS

GM IC KAVOK QUAKE

Kavok Quake would find some steel canisters under a heat lamp and off the floor on pallets near the end of the room, labelled "Gunpowder". Across the room (near the entrance), there was a bunch of dynamite and fuse sticks in a thick glass case with a padlock. 

The other side of the room contained a chemical repository. Some of the chemicals were left out on shelves and boxes - others padlocked in similar glass cases or refrigerators or freezers. An old fume hood occupied one corner, clearly old and disused - and obviously dysfunctional so far underground.   

"If only we had these back on Cyclate."

He picked up the gun powder and took a small canister and filled it with the gun powder. Then installed a heat lamp. 

"Do you have any fire producing devices?" 

It's time to move on.

GM IC DR. LIE (W/CROWLEY, ABOARD TRAFEROUS' SHIP)

"This peaceful planet in the Valos system might do." Dr. Lie said, splitting the silence abruptly. "The indigenous people have their time dealing peacefully with the varieties of beast-like species of various intelligence. But you might have to compete for food, which you may not like."

He paused. "Or this planet might do - this one is less inhabited and has plenty of food, but the natives aren't as used to intelligent beasts."

He rubbed his head. He was getting a headache from searching. 

Upon seeing the stealth shot the Hero had delievered, the brains controlling the beasts decided to retreat to a safer location out of range of Jason's fire. 

GM NPC NEX

Nex dodge the brained Hero's kick and aimed his laser cutter at the brain, hoping to slice it off the Hero. 

GM NPC TRAFEROUS

Traferous picked up a chemistry flint igniter and tested it. It worked, so he tossed it Kavok Quake. "If you need something more sophisticated, we could try a gasoline torch or we have fire blasters upstairs." 

OOC: Is there a particular direction that this conversation with the NPCs should go?

OOC: Nato is failing "fishers64's accidental GM school". :P

Edited by fishers64

IC: Crowley - Control Room.

"What sort of "competition" would I have?" He asked warily.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Evil Cobra Shard - Hospbattle

The evil brain on Shard's head made him duck just in time to avoid getting sliced in half, but was just a bit too slow. Evil Shard screamed as the brain's tail flopped to the floor amidst the sea of other brains. He clutched at the back of his head with his fried right arm and swung wildly in circles with his cannon club, knocking Drift flying.

IC: Jason Ferro- Just wasted a perfectly good

Cheapshot

When it seemed that the beasts weren't going to fall for his trap, Ferro returned to the ship. Climbing up the side, Ferro reached over the side, took aim at the beasts who had retreated, and fired several shots.

IC Overflow:

Finishing up the programs, Overflow's holoemitter projected a completely out-of-place patch of bright color, in a rudimentary attempts at camoflage. He ran down the halls, towards the door that had the most noise originating from it.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM NPC TRAFEROUS

Traferous picked up a chemistry flint igniter and tested it. It worked, so he tossed it Kavok Quake. "If you need something more sophisticated, we could try a gasoline torch or we have fire blasters upstairs." 

"Wouldn't recommend it. Having the flame alone is incredibly dangerous. Fair warning, with the flame installed these could easily be set off. Although if everything goes according to plan this should cause a bigger explosion." 

He said installing the flame to the side.

"Well that's the first one done. Remember to handle this carefully."

It's time to move on.

OOC: From Anamnesis' profile: After the events of the Breakout, some in Hero Factory lost confidence in the current heroes’ ability to repel another attack on the factory. They saw the current generation of heroes as weak, weighed down by outdated morals and ethics. They wanted to create a new, stronger hero, one that that would disregard these unimportant concepts in favour of simply doing what needed to be done. 

That's pretty much the only characterisation I came up with for those NPCs, so feel free to interpret it how you wish. 

sweet

E: also fishers when might a link to focus be added into the first post?

It was Sara Module who answered his question.

"The four of us all felt a rather... strong connection with you," she said, gesturing around the room at the Focus-based memorabilia. "As you can clearly tell. We've all felt for awhile that you... exemplify certain traits that prove you re a higher caliber of hero compared to... others."

"Others?" Focus asked. "I need more detail than that. What do you find so special about me?"

"You don't play by the rules," Sara answered. "Not the typical ones, anyway. You think outside of your standard motives and protocols. You do whatever needs to be done in order for your mission to succeed."

"You still have some issues," John Flak added, before shrugging and continuing, "but... it's a start, you know. A promising one."

Edited by Lucina

OOC: Okay just while we are on the topic of missing thingies, I am still waiting on a Flood reply but I am 100% perfectly happy with waiting for however long is needed, just thought I would bring it up before I inevitably forgot.

Also I was kinda reading the pause as transport time, anyway. We can easily fill it in with the mental image of Flood explaining the beautiful circle of life in regards to what happens to the fish corpses and Furno being equal parts disgusted and disinterested. It's probably best to keep the two nature dorks (Flood and Breez) away from each other for as long as possible to avoid some kind of nerd singularity forming, in any case.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC DR. LIE

The Doctor pulled up a bunch of beast schematics and looked them over. "Most of these are land beasts with varying levels of intelligence. Most get along well with their neighbors, save for a few rogue ones here and there." He gritted his teeth, and rubbed his forehead, annoyed with his headache. It was just a feature of his organic brain that he didn't like - a robot would have easily rattled relevant details off. 

Trade-offs. 

GM NPC NEX

Nex adjusted his laser cutter to follow the brain's path as it moved. He could fix the hero's hand if he had to later.

A couple of the shots hit, injuring the brains. The others dodged and fled. However, one flyer beast swooped overhead rapidly, thinking that he could spot Ferro, and 2 others followed his lead. 

OOC: Do you know what a chemistry flint igniter is?

GM IC TRAFEROUS

"Okay..." Traferous said carefully. "How many more of these do you think you need? Keep in mind we're going for a distraction, not blowing up the whole city."

OOC: Okay just while we are on the topic of missing thingies, I am still waiting on a Flood reply but I am 100% perfectly happy with waiting for however long is needed, just thought I would bring it up before I inevitably forgot.

Also I was kinda reading the pause as transport time, anyway. We can easily fill it in with the mental image of Flood explaining the beautiful circle of life in regards to what happens to the fish corpses and Furno being equal parts disgusted and disinterested. It's probably best to keep the two nature dorks (Flood and Breez) away from each other for as long as possible to avoid some kind of nerd singularity forming, in any case.

OOC: Yeah, that, and the refueling stop, I wanted to skip over it. I'm getting tired of writing "two-inch" ICs. 

So, I shall stop writing them. 

GM NPC TUNNELER BEASTS (AND THE AREA AROUND MARCUS VEX AND ???)

Several yards ahead of where Marcus and Fakeuro were basically just hanging out, too scared to follow their heralds into the new beyond, the tunneler beasts broken through into a large underground plain, littered with coccoons of infant beasts. It was yet another foolish thing that the stage producers had failed to acknowledge - that beasts do not place their young in places were they can easily fall into acid and die. 

Especially not the shrewd intelligence of the Queen Beast standing in the middle of the plain, looking up with her staff over an entire lake of acid, of which there was no island in the middle, since if there was one, that would have been chewed by said acid long ago. 

This might have caused the beasts tunneling through the ceiling above said lake to shiver in fear, if not for the brains on their heads. Fortunately, some shrewd Crystal Beasts had constructed some crystals over the lake, which they now patrolled to catch any poor beast that might be so unfortunate as to fall. 

The change that Marcus and Fakuro would expierience was that their lake chamber was now illuminated by more than the light from their eyes. They would now be able to see the lake rippling from one edge in a dim reflection of the tumult below it. In front of them, across the lake from their vantage point, they would be able to see the other side of the hexagonal rock. 

Behind them, near the source of the light, was another hexagonal rock, in addition to the right and left of them. Each one of the rocks was inscribed with a different pictogram. The one across the lake showed rocks sliding out from the walls to stop a tunnel collapse. The one on the right had a single large eye, and the third showed a person standing in a hexagonal room surrounded by levers.

The one behind Marcus and Fakuro had some sort of ancient runes on it. However, those would be hard to read, for the red paint individual was at work again, writing "DANGER, RADIOACTIVE" in huge letters and painting a big radioactive symbol on the rock. 

GM NPC FURNO (REFUELING STOP --> FERRO'S BOAT)

Furno stopped in the city to get fuel. As he refuelled the vessel, a dazzling lady walked past, catching his eye briefly before he returned to his work. Reluctantly, he got back in the dropship with Flood, deciding that this Hero's penchant for ocean trivia was starting to annoy him.

He piloted the drop ship back out into the ocean, heading for the boat. Upon seeing it (and Breez fighting) he wondered how in the blue blazes he was going to land the thing on the boat. 

Fortunately or unfortunately, that boat was now approaching the docks on the other side of the ocean...

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

Mr. Makuro walked out of the hotel, keeping a slow enough pace to allow his bodyguards to keep up.

GM NPC STORMER

Stormer began hauling the invention's boxes into the hall, once he was confident said hall was cleared of potential villains. He wished he had brought a third Hero along to guard the interior of the hall, but it would have to do. The dropship was an easier target.

OOC: There will be more later, but I really got to run. 

OOC : Where are Nex and the others?