fishers64

IC: Silvia Raine - Orbit.

Abruptly, the already-hectic broadcast cut out completely. The conference, it seemed, was over. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC MECHRON CITY POLICE (NEAR NIGHT STALKER)

The deputies ducked behind the desk for cover, trying to return fire. However, given that they were trying to fire at an invisible target, neither of them seemed to be having much success. 

One of them grabbed a phone. "Drax, we have a situation here - an invisible villain that is shooting at us." He ducked out of range of the shot. "Requesting immediate backup," He coughed due to the gas fumes. 

GM NPC DRAX & ZIB

Drax dialed Zib. "Hey, Zib, we have a villain on our premises shooting us up. Do you think you could send someone?"

Zib looked over the registers quickly. "You have the worst timing, Drax. Hold on." He grabbed the comms. "Quark? Is your team able to go on a mission?"

OOC: And yes, I am allowing this. 

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker grinned.  The bad lighting plus his chameleon armor made him practically invisible.  The only way they would hit him was if they got really, really lucky.  Unfortunately for them, their decision to remain in the cloud meant that their luck had already run out.  He waited behind the statue for a few seconds, then, after hearing a small explosion, presumably from one of their guns malfunctioning, sprayed energy blasts directly at the desk the deputies were hiding behind.  The gas had already put holes in the desk and weakened it significantly so the blasts would punch through it like a bullet through paper.  Night Stalker almost laughed.  If this was the best Mechron's finest had to offer he was surprised the city hadn't been overrun already.

IC: NPC Police (Near Night Stalker)

The deputies, having decided to stay under cover in the gas cloud, begin noticing various failures throughout their bodies as the corrosive gas eats through their armor and into their internal systems.  One's arm suddenly goes dead, then another's audio receptors.  A third deputy's gun explodes, damaging his arm badly.  

IC: Quark Qrew - Hero Factory

Quark answered the ping. "We used the Quaza charge chamber while patrolling the corridors, so we are ready to go. Have someone send me coordinates and a quick summary of the mission. I'll handle it from there."

She glanced to Wolfe briefly. "A mission just came up. We'll have to talk later. Good luck with your current task."

With that, she led her charges quickly for their hangar without waiting for a response. She would have preferred to know the details of the mission beforehand- or, better yet, have another team ready to send them off with- but she was a Hero, and Heroes couldn't be choosey. She would just have to work it out while they travelled.

"Was that a call from the real Zib?" Thumper asked suspiciously.

Seconds ticked by. Quark counted them silently.

"Yes, Thumper."

"Oh, that's good." She seemed content with that.

Quiver was looking slightly more nervous than usual. Quark said, "I have yet to receive word on the mission specifics, but you are by no means required to participate if it's too much, Quiver. I'm not going to send you into something you can't handle. You can always guard the ship."

Quiver looked to Thumper, who gave her a reassuring grin. Her team always treated her so nicely, and she often wondered why. She was sure most other team leaders would have told her to toughen up, or passed her down to a much lower rank. Maybe they would have even recommended she drop out of Hero duty altogether. She was so grateful, and that feeling of gratefulness gave her the strength to disagree with every part of her that begged to accept the offer.

"I'm a H-Hero too," she half-whispered. She tried to raise her voice but her uncertainty and fear brought it back down. Still, this time she was audible. "I-I want to h-h-help."

Quark's gaze met hers over the elder's shoulder. The expression she wore was, dare Quiver think it, a little warm.

"Good to hear," Quark nodded, turning back. "But there's no shame in changing your mind."

"Yes, K-Kuh-Quark."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Kathrine:

Home at last..... 

I managed to pilot the ship back into the Factory with out a scratch (woo! Personal record baby!). The shield had still been up..... that didn't bode well. Still, Shard needed medical attention. Proper attention at that.

I popped open the bay door and stepped out.

"I need a medical team!!"

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory Perimeter

Shard had recovered enough that he could walk if he wanted too, but hey, why bother when the medic guys would probably carry him out on a stretcher? The rookie leaned back in his seat and put his hands behind his head while also trying to look beat up.

IC: Echo - The Battle of 44-B

Echo was extremely glad he'd turned down his audio feedback volume as the dropship overhead opened fire and began blasting holes in the floor, walls, and pretty much everything else. Those guns were definitely not meant for indoor use.

IC: Alex Drift - Collapsing Antropolis Conference Hall

Since the entire hall was going down (literally) anyway, Drift popped the pin on his last impact grenade and lobbed it as hard as he could towards the Brain Master, horse-beast, and sniper lady. He tried to aim it at a spot where The Recall wouldn't catch very much, if any, of the blast, then sprinted after Shade and Mr. Makuro.

OOC: Oh man, I really hope Zib doesn't lower the shield for Shard and Scarlett. If he does...

We're definitely going to lose Anamnesis.

Edited by Rylinth Anderfel

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Dorothy Quark - Hero Factory Hangar, With Kat

"For goodness' sake," Quark seethed when she saw the rookie shouting to them. "Nothing today can go without a hitch, can it?"

She turned to the other two. "Quiver, get my ship started. Run the checks I taught you. Thumper, stay with Quiver."

With them on their way, Quark approached the rookie and her ship. Even if she had to leave in a hurry, she certainly wasn't going to leave an injured person unaided. "How urgent is the injury? Can they walk? I can call another Hero over to help you, if you need help moving them. We are leaving for a mission, but there is a Hero in the area who can help."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: Oh yes, that's a brilliant idea - deactivate the failsafe shield while the killer is still in one of the hangars. You have my full approval, please go ahead. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Is everybody still supposed to be bumbling about in the darkness?

Well, Anamnesis cut the power to 44B, but he, Surge and Riot are all in the hangar adjoining that one, where the power hasn't been disabled. 

OOC: With ships coming in and out of those hangars, using them to escape would probably be a bad idea. But sure, go ahead and try that.

I was mostly kidding. Anamnesis has no intention of leaving the factory with his business unfinished. I'm just pointing out that turning off the failsafe shield at this stage would kind of defeat the purpose of turning it on in the first place. 

OOC: Nope, she's a mysterious GM character. :P And that's fine. For clarification, it's just a standard bullet-firing sniper rifle. The fancy aspect of it is how compact it is when she carries it...

GM IC ??? (FIGHTING EPIX)

The lady hit the floor, letting the energy pulses blast over her head and hit some chairs and Brain Master...hopefully...but alas...

GM IC ??? ("BRAIN MASTER")

The two teleported away from the lady, straight into Epix' path. The beast tried to punch Epix, while the brain master himself reached for the weapon. 

OOC: Need an IC from Shade, and preferably one from Striker, before I deal with the falling ground mess in more detail...

IC: Echo - The Battle of 44-B

Echo was extremely glad he'd turned down his audio feedback volume as the dropship overhead opened fire and began blasting holes in the floor, walls, and pretty much everything else. Those guns were definitely not meant for indoor use.

IC: Alex Drift - Collapsing Antropolis Conference Hall

Since the entire hall was going down (literally) anyway, Drift popped the pin on his last impact grenade and lobbed it as hard as he could towards the Brain Master, horse-beast, and sniper lady. He tried to aim it at a spot where The Recall wouldn't catch very much, if any, of the blast, then sprinted after Shade and Mr. Makuro.

OOC: Oh man, I really hope Zib doesn't lower the shield for Shard and Scarlett. If he does...

We're definitely going to lose Anamnesis.

IC: Epix - Conference Hall (Interior)

Seeing the sudden appearance of the duo out of the corner of his eye, Epix quickly ducked under the blow from the beast and pivoted to the side in order to avoid having the device stolen by its master. Using his pack to temporarily decrease his own personal gravity substantially, he leaped towards an adjacent wall, kicking himself off of it before sailing far above their heads and luckily, out of the grenade's blast radius as well.

As he came back down for a landing and drew his scythe to defend himself, two of his drones detatched themselves in mid-air, flying around the chaos and firing a few bursts of energy towards the hostiles in an attempt to keep them off-balance while he continued his way towards the exit.

IC: Riot - Hanger 44B

Riot was about to continue his pursuit when a round from the dropship's weapons systems tore into the floor a few feet in front of him, sending him flying into a stack of crates. Scrambling in order to right himself, he activated his jetpack in an attempt to resume his pursuit well out of range of the vehicle's payload.

"Watch your fire, Slag-Head!"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Flint [Hallway Outside Hangar 44B]:

The large Hero finally caught up to Riot and Surge just in time to see the villain shift into a more animalistic form. Not wasting another minute, he drew his pistol and opened fire at the fleeing creature.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

Swiftly sliding her office chair to a series of control panels, Helen punched in a few commands. A backup in HF spacecraft traffic had been inevitable with the fail-safe shield active, but it was just their luck that it would happen while the villain was in one of the hangar bays. A unisonous CLANG resounded as the massive blast doors of each hangar shut tight. Now it would be safe to lower the shield, at least for a minute. "Dropping the fail-safe shield," she warned the rest of Mission Control, then opened a channel to Kat and Quark. "Kathrine, get Shard inside ASAP; someone will tend to him momentarily." She typed in an additional command, opening the outer door to their hangar. "Quark, your team is free to launch. Please make it quick."

IC Wolfe [HF]:

He opened his mouth to respond, only to be interrupted by a call from Zib, and nodded in understanding when Quark and team turned to leave. "Good luck!" he called after them, intending to go find out how the issue with the intruder was going.

Eh, what the heck, he thought, and ran to catch up with Quark's team. Better to have backup and not need it than to be caught unprepared, after all.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Dorothy Quark - Hangar

"You heard Helen," Quark said to Kathrine. "Get the injured inside. The killer's being dealt with, you should be fine to go."

Quark headed for her ship and caught sight of Wolfe running after her. She nodded to him and climbed aboard her ship, to see Quiver anxiously checking and re-checking readings. She was about halfway through the pre-flight check, so Quark took over.

"Good work," she said to Quiver, who gave her a tiny smile. "You two buckle in. Quiver, on the weapons console. Thumper, in back. Might have an extra joining us."

IC: Anamnesis - Corridor. 

Darting and weaving through the equipment scattered throughout the hangar adjoining 44B, laser blasts exploding off of his surroundings and scorching his back, he threw himself through the exit and sealed it shut behind him, hacking the lock override to hopefully slow down his pursuers. 

Still in the canine form, he continued running down the hallway, making sure to avoid the cameras and other security devices to avoid being tracked. Once he'd put some distance between himself and the hangar, and ensured he was no longer being followed, he'd try to come up with a new strategy... 

IC Kathrine:

"wait, I was gonna-"

I cut myself off, silently fuming. My one chance to go on a proper mission with a real team, and I'd blown it. 

Dutifully, I hefted Shard over my shoulder and started off toward the medical bay.

IC Striker:

Good. The current was gone. Striker knew that this turbine was supplying power,and that he needed to move. He cut the piton cord, and swam out to where the pool was, hefting himself out of the water.

"Command, all clear, power can be restored."

IC Wolfe [Aboard Quark's Ship]:

The veteran quickly jumped aboard the ship and nodded a greeting to the younger Heroes. He then hailed Mission Control to let them know about the team's last-minute addition, to which another Manager responded by clearing them for takeoff and inputting their status as per procedure.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

"The villain just escaped through a door on the opposite end of the hangar," she informed the Heroes who had been battling Anemnesis, all the while pouring over any security footage she could find for that floor. "The door is sealed... you can try to bust it open, but you may as well go around."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Quark Qrew - Quark's Ship

Quark flicked some switches, closed the doors and took off, heading for open space. Once they were clear, she called back, "Welcome aboard, Daren. Not sure about the specifics of this mission, but I'm sure an extra hand won't hurt, all the same."

"Hello!" Thumper greeted him enthusiastically. Quiver spared him a glance over her shoulder and mumbled a greeting before quickly turning away.

GM NPC ZIB

"Intel just came in from Chief Drax" Zib said to Quark's team. "The villain in question is attacking the Mechron Police station. He has some sort of chameleon powers and a gas bomb that can corrode armor and cause malfunctions. The police have chemically resistant armor, but even they aren't doing so well. Whatever this stuff is, it's bad news."

He then grabbed the phone. "Power can be restored now." He then added. "We also know where your turbines are, as well. Send some operatives to this location. Zib out." He hung up the phone. 

GM IC ANTROPOLIS CITY

The power came back on. 

GM NPC MEDICAL BAY STAFF (NEAR KATHERINE)

The medical staff met Katherine midway with a stretcher, accepting Shard without hesitation. "You need to report to Mission Control for recharging." One of the medibots advised the rookie.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Cobra Shard - Wait A Minute...

No stretcher? Shame. Shard was then unceremoniously hoisted into the air by... Scarlett?! He had no idea how in the world she was able to lift him, he was hardly light as a feather, but still, he didn't complain; being lugged around was almost as much fun as riding on a stretcher, right?

He was then dumped on a stretcher. Yes! Maybe today wasn't so bad after all!

OOC:  :P Kathrine had a hard time lifting Thumper's gauntlet-knuckle-weapons back on page 43, so Shard can't be an easy burden...

Edit: Ah, there IS a stretcher!  :D

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Upon seeing the damage to their weapons and themselves, all the police deputies fled the gas cloud, taking up positions near the sides of the room. One of them yelled for backup into his radio while the one deputy in the room with energy pistols fired those simultaneously at where he thought Night Stalker was.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous smiled as he went to work. He still had the bombs he had "accidentally" forgot to return to Kavok, plus some of his own...so much fun. 

He was down in the basement, and sett up his explosives rig. Not so big as the one on Tranquis, but big enough for this job. Then he jogged up the stairs, towards his super-cool dramatic exit... 

GM NPC NEX

Nex clambered on top of the engine and blasted his way out of the collapsing building, steering thing through a crud and trick steering mechanism, swerving past the Kaiba-Stormer exchange and out of view. 

GM IC SHADE

Shade's attempt to sped the crack was successful - it appeared that he had gotten Mr. Makuro to safety. 

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO")

The sniper lady was thrown several feet away by the source of the blast, falling to the ground bruised and battered up.

GM IC ??? ("BRAIN MASTER")

The brain master teleported out of the way of the grenade. His beastly assistant decided that punching Alex Drift was a good idea...
Edited by fishers64

IC: Dorothy Quark - Quark's Ship

Quark eyed her companions briefly. Quiver was designed for long-range fighting, and would have to be kept well out of the way of the gas cloud as well as any direct combat. Thumper had thick armour that would no doubt take a while to damage, but she likely wouldn't notice any damage until something shut down. She could do close combat, but would desirably stay out of the way of the gas. Wolfe was durable, and he was smart enough to know to keep out of the way of something that would eat his armour. Quark herself was decently thick-plated and her armour was treated to resist whatever nasty stuff was thrown her way- even her Hero Core was plated over to prevent radiation damage- but she didn't particularly want to take any chances.

"Thanks, Zib. Quark out." She set the ship to autopilot and turned to the others.

"We are headed to Mechron City's police station. They are being attacked by a villain with chameleon powers and dangerous gas- stop laughing, Thumper, they are gas bombs- and sources indicate that the gas clouds are very corrosive. Quiver, you're going to take point at a distance with visual on the villain- you'll be our eyes if they try hiding. Run a systems check on your sensors to make sure they are in working order. If possible, I want you shooting, too, so check on your rifle. Thumper, you'll stay back and guard Quiver. Make sure she stays out of range of the villain, and try to keep her out of their sight as much as possible. Wolfe, you and I will be taking this criminal on directly with the police. And everyone: stay out of the way of the gas bombs. I'm not taking any chances with it. Any questions?"

Quiver hesitated, but shook her head. Thumper grinned. "Nope. Guard duty is easy!"

• Upvote 1

Upon seeing the damage to their weapons and themselves, all the police deputies fled the gas cloud, taking up positions near the sides of the room. One of them yelled for backup into his radio while the one deputy in the room with energy pistols fired those simultaneously at where he thought Night Stalker was.

They had finally gotten out of the cloud.  So they weren't as stupid as their decorators.  Night Stalker ducked back behind his statue as one deputy shot very close to him.  Time for something else.  He climbed up onto the statue's pedestal, wound up, and swung his hammer at it's torso.  The statue shatters, huge chunks and smaller shrapnel flying in the deputies' direction.  While they are taking cover Night Stalker runs across the hall to another statue, strafing the police with energy blasts before he dives behind another statue.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis Conference Hall Wreck

Just as Drift cleared the gap behind Shade, the horse-beast guy materialized in front of him and swung a hard right cross directly at his face. Drift pivoted to the side and smacked the hoof? Fist? Whatever it was out of the way, then countered with a left hook. He'd never been part of the Makuhero Wrestling League, but that didn't mean he'd never been in a brawl.

IC: Shade - Dropship

Shade didn't put Mr. Makuro down until he had run half the distance to the dropship. After putting the inventor down and letting his servos rest a few seconds from the stress they had just endured, Shade began leading his charge towards the escape vehicle.

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

IC: Mr Vyle - Outside Conference Hall.

Finally making his way outside, to the relative safety of the crowds, Vyle noticed that the city's power had come back online. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he was certain that Hero Factory was responsible for the chaos...

They had finally gotten out of the cloud.  So they weren't as stupid as their decorators.  Night Stalker ducked back behind his statue as one deputy shot very close to him.  Time for something else.  He climbed up onto the statue's pedestal, wound up, and swung his hammer at it's torso.  The statue shatters, huge chunks and smaller shrapnel flying in the deputies' direction.  While they are taking cover Night Stalker runs across the hall to another statue, firing contact grenades at each of them before he dives behind another statue.

OOC: By contact grenade I mean they explode on impact.

Post nulled; there's no grenades in Night Stalker's profile. I'm okay with the corrosive gas (mentioned), firing at the police with standard ammo (mentioned), chameleon and shattering the statue, but grenades is too much. 

GM IC ANTROPOLIS CONFERENCE HALL (FALLING)

The conference hall fell from the ground that had supported it, crashing down several feet before it hit something hard. The walls crashed and buckled, and the dome at the top shattered into a whole bunch of deadly shards, not meant to withstand this sort of impact as the building collapsed.

Those in the central dome would not be immediately crushed, although they would have the shards to deal with. Worse, the impact from the landing on solid rock was not good at all...

GM IC ??? ("DR. VENTURO")

"Dr. Venturo" was thrown into the dome by the free fall impact. She lay on a section of rock outside the dome, badly damaged and near death.

But rock...where does the rock come from...

GM NPC BEAST (IN THE CHAMBER FORMERLY ABOVE STRIKER, TEN SECONDS BEFORE)

All around the beast, the room that the creature was in was in the shape of a hexagon. On each side of the walls, a glass stone reflected in a view of the tunnels outside of it, showing the person in the room everything. One crystal showed the top of the lake. Several showed the beast's home from several angles. One showed Fakeuro's wreck. Other rooms showed places the Heroes had not ventured below to just yet. 

An ancient and crude panopticon. 

But the beast, sent here by its queen, had eyes for only one of the crystals. Shoving aside pieces of shattered turbine case, it pulled a lever, and another, and another. 

An ancient system roared to life, a pneumatic work, powered by forces yet unknown, yet possibly via the powerful hydraulics here. Three pieces of solid hexagonal stone emerged from the walls, sliding into place over the acidic lake of doom, and breaking the falling conference building in terrible impact. 

But a terrible impact was much better than a certain acidic doom.

OOC: And with that, I need Epix's position to proceed with the Brain Master's next IC. 

GM IC ??? (NEAR VEX)

The mysterious Makuro impersonator might be able to climb up the walls to the light ahead. However, he might also notice the crowd of people looking down at the broken building below. Was this a good hour for his grand entrance?

GM NPC MR. MAKURO

"Shade, relax." Mr. Makuro said, looking up at the center of the city. "We're safe now."  

GM NPC STORMER (FIGHTING KAIBA BLADER)

"That's just your problem." Stormer said. "As long as you continue to think of yourself that way, you will continue to be that way. There is a better way than this, and you're missing out on it."

GM NPC DANIELA CAPRICORN

"Breaking News update," Daniela said, getting to the front of the crowd and almost falling into the abyss. "Oh whoa!"

"The Brain Master has attacked Mr. Makuro's news conference. Recent reports have indicated that Mr. Makuro is safe. Repeat, Mr. Makuro is safe. 

OOC: Okay, so I'm going to be leaving tomorrow. I will be back on December 25th.

Bunnying permission is automatically granted for Green NPCs, as usual. That means that Vestak and Whargarbl, you two are clear to duke it out, as is the conflict in the Hangars with Amenesis (I spelled that wrong).

Vex, Striker, Fakeuro, etc are free to react to the situation, but I won't be around to deal with the PCs or the Red NPCs there. The Brain Master, for clarification, hasn't teleported out of the fallen hall - he's still there. You won't know much more until I get back, I think.

And, it's been great playing with you guys so far, and I'll be back when I get back. Yarr.   

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

IC: Markus Vex - Cavern

Although the crystal mechanism saved him from being crushed by the falling building, rubble and wreckage still rained downwards towards him. "Hey Striker, you still alive?" he snickered into his comms as he jumped and weaved through the plummeting debris. 

As usual, Markus was enjoying himself way too much...

IC: Mr Vyle - No More Conference Centre.

And just like that, there was no more conference centre. 

OOC: IT SURE IS A GOOD HOUR FOR HIS GRAND ENTRANCE

Also, hope you have fun with whatever you're doing!

IC: ??? - The Hole

After the dust settled, he peered up at the crowd gathering around the hole and weighed his options. On the one hand, this was a good opportunity to escape. On the other, from what little he could glean, whatever building had fallen down was terribly important- or had something important within- and that meant there was a chance of the real Makuro being in the area, if that was the conference hall.

Well, he surmised, it was this or wait around in the pit. He climbed upwards, slowly and hesitantly so he wouldn't fall. This was probably going to take a while.

This was turning out to be one of the worst gigs he'd ever done.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous smiled as he went to work. He still had the bombs he had "accidentally" forgot to return to Kavok, plus some of his own...so much fun. 

He was down in the basement, and sett up his explosives rig. Not so big as the one on Tranquis, but big enough for this job. Then he jogged up the stairs, towards his super-cool dramatic exit... 

IC: Kavok Quake

"YOU CAN USE THE BOMBS HOWEVER YOU WISH!"

He yelled at him as he walked away. 

It's time to move on.

They had finally gotten out of the cloud.  So they weren't as stupid as their decorators.  Night Stalker ducked back behind his statue as one deputy shot very close to him.  Time for something else.  He climbed up onto the statue's pedestal, wound up, and swung his hammer at it's torso.  The statue shatters, huge chunks and smaller shrapnel flying in the deputies' direction.  While they are taking cover Night Stalker runs across the hall to another statue, firing contact grenades at each of them before he dives behind another statue.

OOC: By contact grenade I mean they explode on impact.

Post nulled; there's no grenades in Night Stalker's profile. I'm okay with the corrosive gas (mentioned), firing at the police with standard ammo (mentioned), chameleon and shattering the statue, but grenades is too much. 

OOC: How about explosive bullets?  That's more along the lines of what I was going for anyway, but since grenades was the first thing that came into my head last night that's what I wrote.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Epix - Conference Hall (Ruins)

Feeling the structure begin to collapse, Epix made one final rush for the doors before slamming into them with as much force as he could muster.

As the dust began to settle around the giant hole now practically in the center of the city and the crowd looked on at the recent devastation, the Hero's scythe could be located not too far away from the edge of the crater, its blade piercing the ground while its shaft loomed awkwardly in mid-air. The weapon's owner was suspiciously absent from the scene, heavily implying that he hadn't been fortunate enough to make it out in time and his broken remains were now likely buried somewhere beneath the rubble.

If anyone had actually been peering over the side of the abyss, however, they would've realised that that wasn't exactly the case.

Hanging precariously off of a recently formed ledge a few yards down from the site was Epix, straining to maintain his grip as he began to pull himself up with one hand, the other still very much occupied by Mr. Makuro's invention.

And I thought this week was going to be slow...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Vestak, since Fishers is away for the time being, I'm inclined to say no to the explosive bullets. What do the rest of you think? The only reason I would allow it is because this fight is about to become five-against-one.

IC Wolfe [Quark's Ship]:

Sufficiently settled in, Wolfe simply listened as Quark issued her orders, nodding in agreement as he did a recheck on his bow and ammo. "Sounds good to me," he answered. He didn't think there was much he could contribute to the initial plan, especially since he was merely a guest on their team. Thumper most likely wouldn't mind orders from someone like Wolfe, but he didn't wish to put poor Quiver on the spot unless it was absolutely necessary. "If we can find a way to sneak in, we might be able to catch the guy unaware," he suggested. "The ceiling is glass in some areas, right? We could go in through there."

Edited by FallenCor

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC Striker:

"No thanks to you, yes. Is our guest safe?"

IC Kaiba Blader:

"I don't CARE!" Kaiba roared, swinging his blade in a heavy over hand swing at Stormer. One that the Alpha Leader had no difficulty in maneuvering to block, but much more difficulty holding.

Kaiba held the edge in strength and speed.

"I don't care any more! The old man and his toys, they're all replaceable. You and your fellows are flawed, dangerous, unpredictable, and reckless! My brothers and sisters died so that your pathetic frames could be built! Does that mean nothing to you?!"

OOC: Yeah, I would say hold back on the explosive bullets for now, Vestak. Besides, you just destroyed their armor with corrosive gas, do you really need to explode them too?  :P Seems a bit like overkill to me. Normal rounds would work just as well at this point.

IC: Alex Drift - Antropolis

Drift finally caught up with Mr. Makuro and (as far as he could tell by the blank space the inventor was talking to) Shade. "Come on guys, let's get out of this mess!" he said, naturally assuming he would be driving the escape craft. 

• Upvote 2

OOC: Agreeing with the others on explosive bullets- you don't need them, mate. They're not on his profile, and he's got a bunch of stuff already. Like dangerous gas.

Quark considered it. "I would rather avoid drawing attention to the kids, but we can certainly get in that way. In fact, that could provide a suitable distraction to allow them to take position. Good thinking."

She nodded to herself before addressing her team. "Quiver, Thumper, you two will wait for my signal to move in the front door. Understood?"

Quiver nodded quickly, relieved she would not have to smash through what would no doubt be a high window. Thumper looked very slightly disappointed at missing out on the same activity, but she agreed, too.

OOC: How about explosive bullets?  That's more along the lines of what I was going for anyway, but since grenades was the first thing that came into my head last night that's what I wrote.

I'm in agreement with the others on this issue - they're unnecessary, unrealistic, and it makes no sense for him to suddenly have them. 

The only thing close to explosive bullets that I'm aware of existing in real life are things like advanced slugs for large shotguns, high-powered rounds for anti-materiel rifles, and some anti-vehicle weaponry - all advanced military tech, and thus not likely to be found lying around in a civilian police station, especially given that this particular city seems to have advanced to the point of using laser weaponry instead.

Furthermore, Night Stalker's profile specifies that...

The Tri-Blaster can fire standard forms of ammunition

...and explosive rounds are far from what I'd call standard, given that the average pistol or rifle round is too small to integrate explosive components into. 

IC: Anamnesis - Corridors. 

After a few more minutes, he stopped, leaning up against a nearby recharging station to replenish his form, before shifting into that of a more ordinary hero. He could hear no sign of pursuit, so he waited to find out if his foes were still coming for him...

IC: Silvia Raine - Orbit.

The cameras had come back on, but there wasn't much to see anymore. The conference hall was... gone... swallowed up by a sinkhole or street collapse or something. She was glad she'd left the planet when she did...

IC Wolf [Quark's Ship]:

Wolfe caught Thumper's expression of disappointment and thought he'd lighten the mood. "Hey, Dorothy," he smirked, "how 'bout I tell 'em what happened on Tansari VI."

IC Flint [Hangar Bay]:

Not waiting for the others, the large Hero made for the door that had been sealed by Anamnesis, braced himself, and rammed it with his shoulder -- yet all he accomplished was leaving a massive dent. Scrap, he thought, then turned to the others, shouting, "Quick, go around!" and began heading for the nearest open door himself.

IC Helen [Mission Control]:

She typed in some commands quick as lightning, reactivating the fail-safe shield, then opened the blast doors. It would now be possible for the Heroes to move about unhindered. 

Turning back to the monitors, she saw a Hero standing by a recharge station, though he didn't appear to be using it. She didn't recognize him, and figured it could well be the shapeshifter. If it wasn't... well, this wasn't exactly the first time Helen messed with someone. 

The hallway camera pivoted to get a better view. "What do you hope to accomplish at this point?" her voice drifted over some hidden speaker in an elegant yet toneless manner. "If you turn yourself in, we can sort this out like civilized technobeings..."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

"We don't talk about what happened on Tansari VI," Quark grated through her clenched teeth.

"Why?" Thumper asked.

"Because it's a story from my rookie days and we don't talk about that time."

Thumper looked stunned. "That must have been a long time ago!"

Quark grumbled under her breath and turned the console off autopilot, hoping against hope that she could get them to Mechron City before Wolfe took it upon himself to bring out the Rookie Stories.