Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Scourge (cloaked)- Mechron city police station

 

It seems that the Pathetic hero wasn't quite as pathetic as Scourge previously thought. While the officers were repeatedly missing their shots, the hero had fired a bullet that struck the very far left side of the monstrosity's chest, spraying both remaining officers and Quiver herself with dark purple blood, and causing part of Scourge's rib to be exposed. Unfortunately, this gave Scourge the adrenaline boost it needed to dislodge the insect leg from the corpse, though they still held it up using their free arm. Charging toward the officers, Scourge lashed out with an insectoid leg, stabbing one of the officers in the neck. The officer crumpled to the ground, dead.

 

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the Cargo ship

 

"You think?"

 

Jason dropped the magnetic field slowly, causing the hook to lose all momentum and harmlessly tap the chain railing with a small "clink". Spotting the beast who had swung the hook, Jason aimed both pistols at the creature, trying to get a clear shot.

 

"There!"


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"I only just got here," he replied carefully, "I was on-world with some other heroes, investigating a separate incident, when we heard the explosion." As he spoke, he typed a message to the Mechron City fire department, requesting that they send whatever resources they still had available to his location, "Now, I hope you don't mind, but since you're the only witness, I'm going to have to request that you please stick around so I can ask you a few more questions." 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"Alright, then," he holstered his rifle and took out his tablet, jotting down a few notes before continuing with his questioning, "You said you were returning to your workplace to retrieve some data tablets. Did you encounter anyone along the way, or see anyone nearby before the blast?" 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Well, I was picturing Quiver as having energy blasts more than bullets, but potayto potahto, same end result, never really mentioned either way, etc. so I'm not gonna even count that as wrong. Additionally, she's standing at a decent distance away- she didn't go with the police officers that rushed to apprehend Scourge, and she's used to fighting from a distance- but look, organics bleed a whole dang lot and it tends to get everywhere, so again, no change needed. Though I'm open to saying she isn't incredibly far away, either, just not in the group with the police officers. The thing to take away here is that she's not in the group, but nothing you've said warrants any kind of editing. I'm just clarifying for future reference.

 

~

 

IC: Mara Quiver - Scarred For Life

 

Quiver froze up as she was doused in the odd purple substance. She hadn't meant to hurt them that much... the blood was horrifying enough, and the dead officer falling just made things worse. A soft yet high-pitched whine tickled the back of her throat as she mentally struggled to reorient her thoughts.

 

She took a very deep, shuddering breath. Okay. She could do this. It... it was just organic oil, right? Although being covered in a living being's oil wasn't exactly a pleasant thought, either. She tried to stop thinking about that. She was going to be all right. She hadn't killed them, the creature was still moving and still fighting, and... and maybe the police officers weren't dead. And she could just... stop thinking about being covered in blood, too. It was hard, with her atmospheric sensors helpfully picking up the traces of the substance and feeding her information on just what it contained.

 

She tried to still her now violently shaking hands long enough for another shot. She managed to pull the trigger with her numb fingers, but this shot was much more erratic and likely to miss.

 

~

 

IC: Wilbur Flood - In Boat

 

Flood unholstered his weapon with little trouble and joined Ferro in attempting to shoot at the brains. "Well, at least there's less creatures to free this time!"

 

~

 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Front Wall of Police Station

 

Thumper, intent on her goal and thus unaware of the chaos behind her, inched back a few steps, ready for a running start.

 

~

 

OOC: I have received a request for Thumper to perform a Hurricanrana on Kavok Quake as he enters. I'm not entirely sure on the logistics of how exactly to do so, but I'm sure I can figure it out. If Quake doesn't find some way to avoid the surprise luchadora charging towards him as he crosses the threshold, he's going to be getting powerful thighs in a very painful way. I thought it would be polite to forewarn.

 

I also got the suggestion for her to drop the People's Elbow, presumably at a later time.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kavok Quake

 

After noticing the officers had shuffled a bit he went east. He saw a different coloured part of the ground and placed a bomb on it. It caused a small explosion with plenty of fumes.

 

"Let's hope they breath this in"

 

He said walking into the entrance. 


It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Gotcha.

 

IC: Scourge (cloaked)- Mechron city police station

 

As Quiver's blast flew over their head, Scourge used the corpse-shield to block an incoming shot from the last remaining officer. When the Policeman took a moment to reload his weapon, Scourge used the opportunity to quickly aim and fire it's own stolen weapon, hitting the officer in the face. As the last officer collapsed, Scourge tossed away both the corpse and the depleted weapon, before turning to face the hero who had shot them. Scourge began advancing towards her, drawing it's sedative gun, as well as uncloaking.


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Epix has already climbed his way out of the crater, and is currently waiting for Brain Master and Horse-Beast to make the first move.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shade - Pit Above Ground

 

Shade came to a stop next to Epix who, apparently, had already climbed his way out of the hole whilst managing to drag The Weapon along with him. Shade did nothing to let his presence be known because of the crowd and waited for someone else to make the next move.


"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Epix has already climbed his way out of the crater, and is currently waiting for Brain Master and Horse-Beast to make the first move.

GM IC ??? ("BRAIN MASTER")

 

The horse-beast shrugged, looking at the Hero waiting for them. The Beast Master next to him simply stood there. There was no need to announce the group of ten Crystal beasts rising from the pit behind the Hero, preparing to encase him in crystal. 

 

And then the ten beings fired as one. 

 

But it would never be that simple, would it?

 

GM NPC CITIZENS OF ANTROPOLIS

 

Upon seeing the beasts closing in and a battle beginning, the citizens scattered to the alleys. Some stayed to watch the fight, while others got bored and left. 

 

GM IC DFER

 

Dfer debated it. On one hand, he had no love for the Beast Master. He had joined an organization that had no love for him. But that organization had no love for Hero Factory either. Common sense dictated that when your enemies were battling, it was better to let them battle it out and then kill the winner. 

 

On the other hand, the valuable weapon might complicate this situation a little bit. He also sensed that if he went into battle again, the invisible being would kill him again. 

 

Better to wait...

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shade - Conference Crater

 

Shade threw himself to the ground and attempted to pull Epix down too in an effort to save both their skins from the oncoming attack.


"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Markus Vex - Above Crater. 

 

Clambering up onto the roof of the fallen conference centre, he broke into a run, powered up his boots, and gravity-jumped out of the crater. As he began to fall back down, he twisted in the air, aiming to land on top of one of the brain-controlled beasts firing at his fellow heroes.

 

He drew his knife as he fell, poised to stab it into the brain the moment he landed...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Mr Vyle - Street.

 

He circled wide, sticking to the edge of the crowd and doing his best to stay out of the Brain Master's line of sight. Mr Makuro may have been out of Vyle's reach, but he saw an opportunity here. Depending on how circumstances played out, this could be an opportunity to finish off the Brain Master, or retrieve the weapon, or both.

Edited by Festive Australovenator

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the cargo ship

 

"Right. We don't know how many are down here, though. It probably isn't more than a few, but still, we should stay alert."

 

With that, Ferro got in a lucky shot, blasting the brain to pieces and freeing the beast it was controlling.


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

"I thought I saw someone fly over that building," she pointed to the building behind her. "Whoever it was was quite hard to miss, outlined by the explosion. It had a big cape and was pretty strong looking."

 

He allowed his female form to look nervous. "I don't know where he was going, and I don't want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"I see..." he nodded, making note of the description, "...can you think of any reason why a villain would blow up your workplace?" 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC FLYER BEASTS (NEAR FERRO/FLOOD)

 

The freed flyer beast immediately stuck his head back into the cockpit of the boat in shock.

 

Another beast fired the sidearm, punching a hole in the boat's windshield. Angry, it smashed the weapon into the glass, shattering the whole thing and making a mess.

 

Another inteligent beast just opened the side door and walked out to fly away. The distraction was over. He was needed in town.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

"I really don't know. I've seen my boss meet some strange people though. She probably met with a guy who wore a cape once. Maybe a business deal fell through," She shrugged.

 

GM NPC CRYSTAL BEAST

Marcus' strike connected, leaving the beast to howl in pain from the blow.

 

GM IC ??? ("BRAIN MASTER")

 

The smaller brain master moved to the left as the shots of crystal headed for each other. When they impacted each other, they would form a large crystal.

 

It really mattered little to the brain master whether the big hero was encased by crystal or trapped under it on the ground.

 

What did matter was the fact that he was rapidly becoming outnumbered.

 

Just a few more seconds...

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Markus Vex - Crater Edge.

 

"Sorry about that," he ripped his knife free and dropped down off the beast's back. "Who's next?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"Okay. And who, exactly, is this boss of yours?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Mr Vyle - Outside Crater. 

 

The Brain Master had scoffed at his offer of alliance, laughed in his face and called him a fool. But Vyle wasn't a fool, he was a businessman. And when he saw an opportunity to get rid of the competition, he seized it with both hands. 

 

Quietly, unobtrusively, he moved through to the front of the crowd once more, pulled his pistol out of the camera he'd hidden it inside of, and unleashed a volley of fragmentation blasts at the Brain Master's exposed back. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Well, I suppose I was expecting this to play out a bit differently, but no big deal. :P

 

IC: Epix - Conference Hall (Ruins)

Admire him or detest him, there were few active Agents inside of Hero Factory who would consider Epix a fool.

Either that, or they were just smart enough to know not to voice their opinions of him while he was well within earshot, which could've been just as likely.

As he waited, his eyes had been scanning almost everything in front of him; the Villain, his servant, faces in the crowd, you name it. When most of the civilians started moving away from the area, he started to make note of the bots who had elected to stay behind, spotting one deep in the background who was trying to avoid drawing attention to himself (Mr. Vyle) and another who shared a similar color scheme to the blur Shade had been previously engaging when he arrived with Mr. Makuro (Dfer). He knew that just because the first was acting slightly suspicious (though it could've just as easily been for his own safety) and that the second (along with a few other people watching) had colors belonging to a being who had attempted to launch an attack on the inventor wasn't enough to identify them as immediate threats, but neither did he like the possibility of a potential four-on-one, nor the chances of him maintaining ownership of the device in the event that it would occur.

What his two obvious foes didn't realise as they watched the beasts emerge, however, was that, despite being apart from his scythe for the time being, the Hero still had an ace up his sleeve.

While he had succeeded in escaping the collapsing building with only a few dents in his armor and his core slightly drained, the two drones he had deployed beforehand hadn't been so lucky. One was completely offline, likely damaged beyond all repair somewhere beneath all the rubble, but the second had only lost its ability to fly soon after emerging from the doorway, getting itself stuck inside of a small crevice with its camera pointing towards the sky.

A camera that was transmitting a live feed directly into his brain as the creatures attempted to flank him from behind.

Knowing that Mr. Makuro had likely drawn up blueprints for the device long before he had attempted to construct his prototype, he tried to turn as he dodged out of the way, only to be slammed into by an invisible object, which had knocked him slightly off-course and unbalanced him. Hoping that it was indeed Shade who had made contact with him and not another Villain, he tightly gripped the invention and extended his arm as much as he could...

...shoving half of it directly into the path of the oncoming crystal just in time for the substance to grow around its components, allowing him to use his momentum to snap it, and most of its interior circuitry, apart as he fell.

You've just been recalled.

  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

"Tracia Germone. She has telekinesis, and a short temper. She didn't show it off - I guess she was scared of what the Hero Factory would do if they found out. I found out by accident one night in the lab. But I didn't think Hero Factory would blow this place up over that. She's out of town right now, on some business conference."

 

GM NPC CRYSTAL BEASTS

The imprisoned beasts moved away from Vex as one, glaring at him.

 

GM IC ??? ("BRAIN MASTER")

 

Unfortunately for Mr. Vyle, the brain master also had eight eyes pointing his direction - one for each of the crystal beasts. He saw the businessman draw his gun and start firing - and then teleported out of the way - to the opposite side of the crystal - only to see the crystal destroy Mr. Makuro's weapon.

 

And with that eventuality, the brain master & his beast blinked out of existence, reappearing on board their ship.

 

Why did he did he not use the weapon against us? they both wondered.

 

The abandoned Crystal Beasts didn't bother them. That was a weakness in the brains - they were physically incapable of releasing their controllees. Thus, they were okay with the Heroes cleaning up the mess.

 

GM IC DFER

 

Dfer walked away.

Edited by fishers64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City.

 

"Alright, thank you." He jotted down the name, and sent a message back to mission control asking for someone to verify whether or not this Tracia Germone even existed, and if she owned a building in the business district of Mechron City. "There's just one or two more things I need - your name, and some kind of proof of identity. Presumably you would've needed some kind of ID badge or security pass to get inside after hours, so that will probably suffice."

_____________________________________________________

 

IC: Mr Vyle - Antropolis.

 

Muttering a curse, he holstered his weapon, snatched up his came, and drifted back into the crowd. This wasn't a total loss. The Brain Master had gotten away, but Makuro's prototype had been destroyed, and the entire conference hall had just been swallowed up live on TV, proving just how inept the heroes were at protecting the populace. 

 

Now he just needed to get off this planet before any of the heroes singled him out...

_____________________________________________________

 

IC: Markus Vex - Crater Edge.

 

"Please, not all at once," he snickered, leaping at the nearest of the beasts and swiping his knife at the brain still clinging to its head...

Edited by Festive Australovenator

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shade - Pit-Side Arena Battle

 

Shade picked himself up from off the ground feeling slightly dented around his chest area which had taken the brunt of the impact. He then made his way towards one of the beasts and attempted to climb up its tail/back to get a good slash in on the evil brain sitting on the beast's cranium.


"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM NPC ZIB

"Her story checks out," Zib informed Saracen. "The Mechron business records do show that she does own that building. She was also registered to attend the Antropolis conference...and Hero visual records indicate that she fought our Heroes there...and she's dead, Saracen."

 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

Traferous successfully fought back an urge to smile. The conspiracy had been dealt a double blow - the explosion of one of its bases and the death of one of its leaders.

 

Still, Traferous hardly suspected that the conspirarcy was dead. It was a hydra - cut off one of its heads, it would be more ferocious than ever. And Traferous would not tangle with a wounded animal.

 

Instead, he produced a fake ID for a Gracia Fortry, Research Scientist. This person was also as real as Tracia, although she wasn't exactly the type to be out late at night or be an absentminded insomminac. But she was probably who would take Tracia's place. Traferous liked giving off such subtle hints. Perhaps Hero Factory could destroy the conspiracy for him, hmm.

GM NPC CRYSTAL BEASTS

The crystal beasts didn't even try to fight at this point. Shade's and Marcus' strikes were successful. Only two more to go...

 

OOC: You can just beat them and move on at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC TRAFEROUS

 

Traferous successfully fought back an urge to smile. The conspiracy had been dealt a double blow - the explosion of one of its bases and the death of one of its leaders.

 

Still, Traferous hardly suspected that the conspirarcy was dead. It was a hydra - cut off one of its heads, it would be more ferocious than ever. And Traferous would not tangle with a wounded animal.

 

OOC: Wait a second, I thought hydras just grow two more heads if you cut one off?  :P

 

IC: Alex Drift - Spaaace!

Remembering Stormer down in the thick of things, Drift sent the Alpha Team leader a quick message, "Hey, once you're finished up down there, I left an old attack dropship on the docks. Y'know, in case you don't want to wait for one of the newer models to show up."

Inclining his head back towards the seating area, he said, "Hey, nice work getting the boss-man outta the heat back there, Shade. That was pretty impressive." There was a long silence. 

"Shade?"

 

IC: Cobra Shard - Hero Factory Medical Wing

Shard sunk into a chair next to Kathrine's medical pod. "Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked one of the doctors. He felt lost. How could he let this happen?  :begging:

 

OOC: Has Anamnesis been locked into a cell yet? Echo's not moving the two victims until he knows the situation is completely resolved.


"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Has Anamnesis been locked into a cell yet? Echo's not moving the two victims until he knows the situation is completely resolved.

 

OOC: Nope. Pretty sure they're still trying to figure out how to get him down to lockup without touching him. 

__________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Saracen Rune - Mechron City. 

 

Taking a quick glance at the ID, he sighed and handed it back. "Very well, you're free to go," he was still suspicious of this whole situation, but he had nothing to hold the civilian with, so he had no choice but to turn her loose, "I'd suggest you head back home." He cast his gaze back towards the smouldering ruin, "There's nothing left for you here." 

__________________________________________________________________

 

IC: Markus Vex - Crater Edge. 

 

Given that the beasts didn't seem to be making any effort to fight back or defend themselves, Markus had no trouble in clambering up onto the back of the penultimate creature, a quick sweep of his knife dislodging the parasite latched onto its skull. 

 

"Yo, Striker?" he spoke into his comms as he dropped down off the beast's head, "You still alive down there?" 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kavok Quake

 

He went down into the crater he had created find mainly a dark corridor.

 

"I was told there would be radioactive material nearby"

 

Then he saw a green glow and headed towards it...

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mara Quiver - Police Station

 

Oh no.

 

Oh no oh no oh no oh no

 

They were coming this way.

 

She backed up just as quickly as they advanced, back towards where Thumper was. Her joints felt stiff, but if she stopped or locked up in fear now, she'd have no chance. She'd seen the dart that Thumper had been hit with from this creature's weapon, it was a modified tranquiliser. She couldn't be hit. She had to run.

 

She tried to focus. The creature was badly wounded; blood still dripped from a deep wound that exposed their internal structures. That was bad for organics. She knew enough about them to know that they could very quickly be weakened and die from such a wound. She didn't want the creature to die, she didn't wish that on any creature, but the prospect of having them maybe go into organic sleep mode for a little while was very appealing right now.

 

She prepared herself to dodge, sensors primed, all the while retreating from the creature.

 

~

 

IC: Wilbur Flood - Inside Ship

 

Flood regarded the actions of the beasts quizzically. "They seem to be acting a little strange. Nevertheless!"

 

There wasn't much to do but strike at the remaining enslaved beasts. He aimed carefully and fired for the brain.

 

~

 

EDIT: The IC below is on hold until I sort out what's going on with Kavok Quake. I didn't see the above post until after I posted, and now I'm just plain old confused.

 

ANOTHER EDIT: Thumper's IC below is NULLED, because it conflicts with Kavok Quake's post.

 

OOC: Okay, I will admit I have a lot of confusion and questions about Kavok Quake's post, but I can still make a post without these being answered.

 

So, if I have this straight, he moved away from the entrance to the police station, set the poison smoke bomb, and then went through the door. I'm not entirely sure about the chances of them breathing it in, since they are inside and the bomb is outside. Robot breathing can go either way- while they probably don't do it for the same reasons we do, I imagine it being more of an easy temperature control of taking in cold air and exhaling warm air- so I'm not gonna say they can't breathe it in.

 

Unfortunately Kavok Quake has fallen into the universal villain trap of speaking their plans out loud and so now it's time for a SMACKDOWN

 

~

 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Ready To Smack Down

 

Thumper heard the villain talk, and thus had a forewarning of whatever they had just thrown out there. She knew they were doing something, since the gunfire stopped, and their accidental verbal warning had given her not only the helpful hint to temporarily shut down her air cycles, but also to time her running head start so that by the time he walked through the doorway, she had grabbed the doorframe as leverage to hoist herself up into the traditional beginning move of the Huracanrana.

 

~

 

OOC: For those who don't know (I sure didn't until someone requested it), the Hurricanrana (or, in the original Spanish, the Huracanrana, named after a Mexican luchador) is a wrestling move which is kind of hard to describe. There's a lot of different variations, but mainly it involves the wrestler getting the opponent in a headlock with the wrestler's legs, and then using the momentum to throw them to the ground.

 

Let me know if this is too god-moddy, by the way. I tried to give a bit of time for Kavok Quake to respond, even with his verbal warning.

 

I guess you could say he...

smug_resized_smaller.png

Walked right into it.

 

I'm so sorry I've been waiting so long to make that joke

 

EDIT: Okay hold the Thumper post above because I have literally no idea what is going on with Kavok Quake right now. Where is he?

 

Gosh darn it I worked so hard on that terrible terrible joke. >:c

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

OOC: Okay, I will admit I have a lot of confusion and questions about Kavok Quake's post, but I can still make a post without these being answered.

 

So, if I have this straight, he moved away from the entrance to the police station, set the poison smoke bomb, and then went through the door. I'm not entirely sure about the chances of them breathing it in, since they are inside and the bomb is outside. Robot breathing can go either way- while they probably don't do it for the same reasons we do, I imagine it being more of an easy temperature control of taking in cold air and exhaling warm air- so I'm not gonna say they can't breathe it in.

 

Unfortunately Kavok Quake has fallen into the universal villain trap of speaking their plans out loud and so now it's time for a SMACKDOWN

 

~

 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Ready To Smack Down

 

Thumper heard the villain talk, and thus had a forewarning of whatever they had just thrown out there. She knew they were doing something, since the gunfire stopped, and their accidental verbal warning had given her not only the helpful hint to temporarily shut down her air cycles, but also to time her running head start so that by the time he walked through the doorway, she had grabbed the doorframe as leverage to hoist herself up into the traditional beginning move of the Huracanrana.

 

~

 

OOC: For those who don't know (I sure didn't until someone requested it), the Hurricanrana (or, in the original Spanish, the Huracanrana, named after a Mexican luchador) is a wrestling move which is kind of hard to describe. There's a lot of different variations, but mainly it involves the wrestler getting the opponent in a headlock with the wrestler's legs, and then using the momentum to throw them to the ground.

 

Let me know if this is too god-moddy, by the way. I tried to give a bit of time for Kavok Quake to respond, even with his verbal warning.

 

I guess you could say he...

smug_resized_smaller.png

Walked right into it.

 

I'm so sorry I've been waiting so long to make that joke

 

EDIT: Okay hold the Thumper post above because I have literally no idea what is going on with Kavok Quake right now. Where is he?

 

Gosh darn it I worked so hard on that terrible terrible joke. >:c

OOC: Well let's just say "hopefully" was the key word in that post.

 

IC: Kavok Quake

 

He heard some sounds.

 

"Who's there?!"

 

Taking full advantage of the darkness he grabbed one of his bombs and held it tightly in his hand, prepared for an attack. 


It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I believe Zippy was requesting that you disregard that Thumper post until she could clarify with you where Kavok actually is.

 

In this post, it seemed like he was setting off a gas bomb outside the police station as a distraction of some kind, then walking back around to the entrance. However, in this post, he's suddenly in a dark tunnel with radiactive gunk. 

 

In the above post, Thumper was intending to intercept Kavok as he came in through the door, but since you posted again just before Zippy did, and it seemed that Kavok wasn't actually coming in through the door after all but was in fact somewhere else entirely, Zippy wanted to clarify the facts of the situation before progressing further. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Thank you to Nato who just summed up what I was trying to write. You should always make sure to read through other people's posts carefully! I was very confused about the post you made regarding the bomb, and look where that got us. Additionally, I'm not a hundred percent on just making new places without the consent of the GM- I'll admit, I'm not sure exactly how that works. This feels like the sort of thing you should probably check over with Fishers- is there a way for Kavok Quake to access an underground tunnel? Where are the radioactive materials being stored? Are they out in the open, or in a vault? You know, stuff like that. Don't quote me on that, though. I'm not entirely sure on that point.

 

Also, Kavok Quake appears to be, as Nato has pointed out, reacting to Thumper's on-hold post. I'll admit, I found it pretty funny that his reaction to a massive wrestling Hero halfway through tossing him to the ground by the neck is "Who goes there?", but I digress. The post is currently on hold, and probably will have to be edited. So Quake wouldn't be able to see or hear Thumper at all.

  • Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Thank you to Nato who just summed up what I was trying to write. You should always make sure to read through other people's posts carefully! I was very confused about the post you made regarding the bomb, and look where that got us. Additionally, I'm not a hundred percent on just making new places without the consent of the GM- I'll admit, I'm not sure exactly how that works. This feels like the sort of thing you should probably check over with Fishers- is there a way for Kavok Quake to access an underground tunnel? Where are the radioactive materials being stored? Are they out in the open, or in a vault? You know, stuff like that. Don't quote me on that, though. I'm not entirely sure on that point.

 

Also, Kavok Quake appears to be, as Nato has pointed out, reacting to Thumper's on-hold post. I'll admit, I found it pretty funny that his reaction to a massive wrestling Hero halfway through tossing him to the ground by the neck is "Who goes there?", but I digress. The post is currently on hold, and probably will have to be edited. So Quake wouldn't be able to see or hear Thumper at all.

OOC: From what I remember I was told there was radioactive materials underneath the station. Fishers (the person running this RP) was the one who told to go to underneath the police telling me there was a vault of radioactive materials from when Meltdown visited the station. So no this place is completely approved. The only post that probably needs editing is the one where I said something about using bombs (I guess it's just out of canon now). The bombs use gun powder and the idea is that the fumes from the fire will hopefully be breathed in by someone. And you ended your post by saying "she had grabbed the doorframe as leverage to hoist herself up into the traditional beginning move of the Huracanrana.". So unless there's been a mistake you haven't performed the move yet. And I'm pretty sure if you were to grab a doorway and pull up on it it probably would make a sound. 


It's time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Fishers said it was there, but did she say it was accessible from outside the police station? Did she say if it was stored in something safe or just lying around? I mean, it being unguarded is reasonable since surely the police officers would get rid of it if they knew, but we don't know that it's directly under the front lawn. Also, from foggy memory, I don't think the police station has much of a front lawn to begin with, if any. But I'm sure Fishers will be around to yay or nay that stuff, so we'll leave that for now.

 

I'm not sure what effect smoke will have on a robot, but I don't think it will have much effect. Especially not from outside, while everyone else is inside. But you mentioned 'hopefully' being the key word, so that's fine.

 

Finally, the Huracanrana. Thumper was grabbing and hoisting from a running start, which means that she would already be swinging by the time Quake got a word in. I wanted to leave you some time to react, but there really wasn't much of it, certainly not enough to ask who was there. Yes, grabbing the doorframe would make a noise, and so would her running start. Quake didn't react to her running start, and if he did and that was his reaction, he would still be thrown.

 

Of course, none of the Huracanrana stuff really matters, since again, she's in a different room to him and my post is on hold. I think we've established it's, in fact, not viable. So I'll be making a different one and making a note that the other one is nulled.

 

As for the Kavok Quake situation, I recommend you wait a little bit before posting his next move- just give Fishers a minute to check it over. I mean, either she just goes 'Okay' and you get on with your biz, or she has to figure out something first and you don't have to sort through a bunch of ICs to remedy it.

 

At least, with Quake gone underground, Quiver has her bodyguard back. Poor Scourge. :c

 

~

 

IC: Eloise Thumper - Police Station

 

The villain had stopped firing. Thumper waited, focused only on her goal, but there was another explosion outside instead of a villain entering as she expected. She looked out and saw a hole in the ground, and no sign of the villain.

 

She turned around. "I think they've gone-"

 

She stopped at the sight of Quiver retreating from the guy she had sent on their way earlier. They had an odd gun in their hands. Thumper marched towards them. "Hey! Leave her alone!"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I've actually run into this problem in the past (and been in the same position as Zippy, to boot), so I'd like to provide my perspective on things; when people post that their characters are about to potentially do something harmful to one of your characters (in whatever wording they deem fit to use), that usually means that they're in the process of attacking, and are waiting for the other player to respond to said move. Examples:

 

He aimed/threw a punch towards his attacker's torso.

She delivered/prepared a nasty roundhouse kick, intending for it to make impact with her opponent's face.

 

So I guess what I'm trying to say here is that if a character makes a move in battle that seems to be halting the action, it's probably safe to assume that it was indeed meant to be an attack unless otherwise explicitly noted. Since Zippy has effectively put Thumper's last post on hold, this isn't really much of an issue anymore, but I figured it should be pointed out anyway, merely for the sake of clarity.

Edit: Ninja'd (somewhat) by Zippy.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Scourge- Mechron City police station

 

Scourge froze as the hero turned to face them. Her heavy armor had completely deflected sedative capsules before, and was probably fully capable of doing so again. Perhaps, it was time to make an exit... Scourge began backing away, going deeper into the police station, and towards the corpses it had created only seconds before...

 

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the cargo ship

 

Flood's shot hit home, and the last creature was freed. Ferro holstered his weapons and observed the brained beast flying towards town. It seemed that Flood's observation was correct.

 

"Nice shot. We should probably tell Furno and Breez about the beast's behavior, though. She might know what it means."

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Okay, I'm still trying to make sense of this situation, so let's go through this one point at a time. 
 

Fishers (the person running this RP) was the one who told to go to underneath the police telling me there was a vault of radioactive materials from when Meltdown visited the station.

 
I may be recalling this incorrectly, but what I remember is that fishers' character told yours that there might radioactive materials under the police station. For all you the player know, he might've just been making that up to get your guy to go distract the police.
 
In a situation like this, it's important to keep in mind the distinction between IC and OOC, since the information gained from certain characters isn't always accurate, regardless of which player it is that controls them. 

 

So no this place is completely approved.


 Again, not really. Ultimately, it's up to fishers to dictate where these radioactive materials are stored, if they even exist. Not you.
 
You yourself said that the materials were supposed to be under the police station, not half a foot below the lawn outside in some kind of unlit tunnel. I may not be an expert on radioactive waste, but I'd think that sort of stuff would be kept in some kind of lead-lined vault buried deep below the basement, or something. 

 

The bombs use gun powder and the idea is that the fumes from the fire will hopefully be breathed in by someone.

 

Gunpowder isn't the most volatile or powerful of explosives, and since Kavok's bombs are apparently small enough to be held comfortably in one hand, I find it difficult to believe something that small would be enough to blast a hole through the pavement/lawn/whatever, and the dirt below that, and whatever sort of metal or concrete this tunnel is lined with. So even if the tunnel does exist, it seems a bit unrealistic for Quake to have busted into it so easily.  

 

In conclusion, I concur with the existing recommendation of waiting until fishers returns. Clarify with her whether these radioactive materials actually exist, and if so, where they're stored, before deciding how to proceed from there. 

________________________________________________________________________________
 
IC: Mr Vyle - Antropolis.
 
With the heroes apparently preoccupied finishing off the controlled beasts, Vyle slunk quietly away into the gathering crowd. His work on this planet was done. It was time to return to Traferous and report his progress... 

Edited by Festive Australovenator

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: For Ferro's post, aren't Furno and Breez behind them? They've been doing a whole lot of nothing if they are, though.

 

IC: Wilbur Flood - In Ship

 

Flood watched the retreat of the brained creature thoughtfully. "Well, I'm inclined to think that the brains are plotting, as they are apt to do. If there's some kind of natural phenomenon behind the behaviour, though, that would also be good to know."

 

~

 

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Police Station

 

Quiver could have died of relief at Thumper's bellow, though the sound admittedly startled her. The creature started retreating and Quiver wasted no time in bolting to Thumper.

 

The first thing Thumper saw was the blood splattered across her body. She was concerned. "What's this stuff? Are you all right, Quiver?"

 

Quiver couldn't even begin to get words out, she simply latched on to Thumper's side. The mystery substance being smeared on her chassis didn't much bother Thumper, seeing as one of her teammates was perpetually covered in slime. She patted Quiver's back and glanced up at the retreating figure, to see they were dripping the fluid Quiver was covered in from a wound in their side.

 

"Wow, I know they scared you, but are they okay?!"

 

It took time for Quiver to get so much as a squeak out. Thumper didn't rush her. Finally, she whispered, "H-H-He... killed..."

 

She shook her head quickly, unable to finish the sentence, and pointed. Thumper saw a number of bodies lying on the floor. She frowned, and pulled Quiver behind her.

 

"Stay behind me," she said, following after the being. The being had a significant head start, due to Thumper's questions about what exactly happened, but she certainly wasn't going to let them just walk off like that.

 

~

 

OOC: I'm betting by now that the police officers would be responding to the giant skeleton prowling around the room, so a Chief Drax post might be an option for Fishers to make. I mean, if she isn't busy with literally every other thing going on in the RPG right now. There's a lot going on, so I wouldn't blame her if not. I just have an aversion to using Green NPCs unless strictly necessary.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Epix - Conference Hall (Ruins)

Seeing that the Brain Master, his accomplice, and the other two suspects had disappeared, Epix returned to his feet as the others took it upon themselves to neutralise the beasts. Glancing down momentarily towards the broken parts in his hand, he pushed aside any remaining doubt still lingering in his mind as he moved to retrieve his scythe.

Even if I didn't want to destroy it, attempting to take the time required to properly learn how it functioned during the middle of a battle would've been suicide. I made the right choice.

Pulling his weapon out of the ground and returning it to his back, he turned his attention towards the crowd before shaking his head, almost as if he was slightly disappointed.

It seems that none of them must have wanted the device as much as I imagined, though; nobody even attempted to take a hostage in order to force a trade.

Then again, one of them doesn't even have the servos to announce his very own name to the public, and I've probably taken out more Heroes with my bare hands than he has with his entire army, so perhaps I simply expected too much from them.


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Scourge- Mechron city police station

 

As Scourge backed further into the police station, the hero and the remaining officers began to close in, some clearly intent on killing Scourge in revenge for the deaths of their comrades. As it reached the group of corpses, Scourge picked one of them up, seemly intent on using it as a shield. The wound on it's side began to seep less blood. The regeneration must be starting to kick in. Scourge continued to back up, until it was directly under the skylight that provided a glimpse of the sky above. None of the officers seemed to realize what it was planning, as they were all fixated on Scourge. One in particular was rather unprofessionally screaming threats and insults at it, as if that would do anything. Once Scourge had left the bright circle created by the skylight, it executed it's plan. In an instant, Scourge snatched the corpse's weapon out of it's holster and fired a barrage of bullets at the glass skylight, shattering it and sending broken glass raining down on the officers. Though the glass wasn't likely to hurt them, it would distract them long enough for Scourge to make a getaway. Scourge was struck with a few glass shards as well, but it had to ignore them for now. Quickly, Scourge slung the corpse over it's shoulder and took off on it's insectoid legs, making a mad dash for the wall. Reaching it, Scourge began climbing towards the broken skylight as quickly as it could, cloaking itself along the way to make it harder to hit.

 

OOC: I was under the impression that Breez and Furno stayed on the deck. I'm sure Fishers will clarify when she next replies.

 

IC: Jason Ferro- Inside the cargo ship

 

"You're probably right. Do you think we should try to follow it? It might be going somewhere important."


 

           

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

 

 

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mr Vyle - Dropship.

 

With no signs of pursuit, Vyle made his way back to the spaceport and clambered onto the dropship. Once he was sure the doors were sealed and none of the brains had secretly remained behind on board to keep tabs on him, he powered up the sub-light engines and took off, making the jump to FTL once he'd exited the planet's atmosphere. 

 

Next stop, Traferous' command ship. Vyle's opening moves were complete - it was time to begin the game in earnest. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Police Station

 

Quiver stuck close to Thumper as she followed after the creature. She really didn't want to be close to that being, but Thumper was strong and fearless and safer than being alone. She glanced to her teammate; Thumper looked determined, not wearing the grin she was so used to.

 

"Stay with the officers," Thumper said as the creature neared the skylight's rays. Quiver hung back, albeit uncertainly- the last time this happened, she was attacked. She stuck close to the police chief, who was nearby, as Thumper continued to advance.

 

When the glass shattered, Thumper was momentarily distracted, long enough for the being to make a run for it. Thumper bolted after it, unbothered by the glass shards that had fallen on and around her. When the being reached the wall and turned invisible, Thumper could still see the corpse, and threw herself at the general area of the being with a guttural yell straight from the wrestling ring, meaning to grab the being.

 

~

 

OOC: If Furno and Breez are there, then they're being awfully quiet. I think you might be right.

 

IC: Wilbur Flood - In Ship

 

"Well, Furno and I are meant to be on a hunt for brained beasts in the ocean, but another little detour couldn't hurt. I'm not sure how much help I would be, though. You may have noticed that my build is tailored for underwater environs. Which, don't get me wrong, is not something I would change if I could. The ocean is such a wondrous, beautiful place, after all."


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...