Underused Characters

Bonkle

Tuma.

Ehem, sorry.

Um..... Nex, and stringer. I mean what ever happened too them? did they die?

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 6

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Mr. Makuro. I haven't read the books (shame on me), so I don't know how often he showed up, if at all, and I assume we still know zippo about him. You can't tell me there isn't more to the story than just, "there was so much evil in the universe I went and mass-produced my own police force."

• Upvote 4

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Mr. Makuro. I haven't read the books (shame on me), so I don't know how often he showed up, if at all, and I assume we still know zippo about him. You can't tell me there isn't more to the story than just, "there was so much evil in the universe I went and mass-produced my own police force."

I can tell you that the books don't go into great detail about Mr. Makuhero. One book, called Legion of Darkness might have a few tidbits, but I don't remember what they were. He's like Hero Factory's Artahka - the inventor who stays out of the action and hides behind other people like the Order and the Toa Nuva Zib and Quadal.

(Of course, in this case, he created his own "Order of Mata Nui" but you know, details.)

• Upvote 1

I can tell you that the books don't go into great detail about Mr. Makuhero. One book, called Legion of Darkness might have a few tidbits, but I don't remember what they were. He's like Hero Factory's Artahka - the inventor who stays out of the action and hides behind other people like the Order and the Toa Nuva Zib and Quadal.

(Of course, in this case, he created his own "Order of Mata Nui" but you know, details.)

Legion of Darkness doesn't feature Mr. Makuro prominently, but considering it is about the formation of the Hero Factory, he does get more than a little lip service. Essentially, he was a wealthy manufacturing baron who wanted to use his wealth and means to make the galaxy a better place. He founded the Hero Factory to deal with not just crime but also corruption—many planets harbored known criminals in exchange for money and favors, allowing those criminals to run rampant on other worlds largely unchecked. In the book, Mr. Makuro comes very close to yielding to his investors' skepticism and shuttering the Hero Factory project after a mission goes bad and results in huge property damage, but the Heroes of Alpha One Team manage to capture the villains responsible and restore the public's trust.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Stringer didn't get used very often, and his mysterious secondary color change to transparent blue instead of orange was weird(unless they did not want to get him confused since Nex has a lot of orange.)

It'd be a rather poor excuse, though -- 80% of his armor/body is black! 

But yes, it would have been nice to see more of him. I miss his accent, ha ha.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Stringer didn't get used very often, and his mysterious secondary color change to transparent blue instead of orange was weird(unless they did not want to get him confused since Nex has a lot of orange.)

It'd be a rather poor excuse, though -- 80% of his armor/body is black! 

But yes, it would have been nice to see more of him. I miss his accent, ha ha.

I think the color change had to do more with the fact that of the nine main heroes, five of them (Furno, Rocka, Nex, Evo, and Bulk) fell on the warm side of the color wheel. Stringer's secondary color was probably changed to blue to help balance the team visually (while at the same time making his color scheme a heck of a lot less cliché).

• Upvote 5

I believe the most underused character is Vapor because there are little information about him, and he never appeared in any episode physically. He looks like a challenge to the Heroes because of his two guns, which would be cool, but never happened.

Second underused: Core Hunter, XT4, and Thornraxx. They never appeared in any episode, either, but I was glad that the Secret Missions books made up for them.

Third: Thunder, Nitroblast and Jetbug. The second two would have needed more screen time, so they could do some more fighting. The Heroes defeated Thunder, who they just met for the first time in the episodes during a final showdown with Von Nebula.

Fourth: Von Nebula and other villains. It would have been cool if the these come back as threats again. Von Nebula looks like that he has a bigger potential as he appears a big suspect for the Breakout and Brain Attack events, probably planning to create an army of Anti-Heroes filled with Anti-Quaza.

Fifth: Stringer and Nex. They are two of the nine main protagonist Heroes. Stringer is one of the founding members of the Alpha 1 Team and Nex is like Evo's twin brother and Breez's only one lover (well, that's when he was in a dire situation in Savage Planet). Why did they disappear after Breakout, I don't know. RIP, Stringer and Nex. I always enjoy their funny accents and action. I miss them.:(

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I believe the most underused character is Vapor because there are little information about him, and he never appeared in any episode physically. He looks like a challenge to the Heroes because of his two guns, which would be cool, but never happened.

I believe that Makuro's guidebook established him as a common criminal with no real vendetta against HF. He was just a diversion.

Lucas Valor... :P

Also Thresher. He seemed like a cool dude, but only appeared in one episode. Although, he was in that one book, Legion of Darkness, but having never read it, I don't know how big of a role he had in it.  Aside from him, Jetbug, and that guy we saw at the beginning of Brain Attack who unleashed the Brains and then we never saw him again. He seemed interesting as well.

Edited by unknown456
  • Upvote 3

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

"Mysterious Villian," as I believe he is credited as in Brain Attack, could've been fleshed out a lot more in general.

We know he's supposed to be a villain of some sort, and we know that he hates HF enough to manufacture an army of Evil Brains to attempt to wipe them all out, but pretty much everything else was left as a blank slate. While it was probably made that way intentionally as part of the whole (somewhat failed) "creativity concept" that the line tried to establish in the later years of its run (such as the seemingly pointless cliffhangers were), he was sorely lacking both in motivation and as a character because of it, and it probably would've been slightly better (at least in my opinion, anyway) if it was either Von Nebula or Black Phantom running things instead.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 1 month later...

Dropship Pilot.

Would've liked to hear his... or her.. story.

Or Nex. Nex had a lot going for him, and instead..

Did his sets just not sell or something? Is that why he didn't appear past 'Breakout' in the sets? It's biting away at me.

Well, I would consider the Dropship pilot as a the most underrated character, but he or she is just a minor character who does transportation.

I agree with you about Nex. Poor Nex. He has good character, but why leaving him out? Nex is like neglected since Savage Planter He never appeared in the Breakout, Brain Attack or Invasion From Below episodes. He is like the second most neglected member of the Alpha 1 Team (the first being that new recruit who is a combiner of Furno, Surge, and Evo in Breakout).

The third most neglected character is Stringer, too, for some reason. He appeared in the first four and the Savage episodes. Why leaving him out after the Breakout episodes?:(

I don't know what's wrong with Stringer or Nex, but that is unfair for them. RIP, Stringer and Nex. You guys are great characters. ;(

Edited by Lenny7092

Also Thresher. He seemed like a cool dude, but only appeared in one episode. Although, he was in that one book, Legion of Darkness, but having never read it, I don't know how big of a role he had in it.  Aside from him, Jetbug, and that guy we saw at the beginning of Brain Attack who unleashed the Brains and then we never saw him again. He seemed interesting as well.

We almost got a set of him, but then LEGO decided to make him silver and call him Bulk instead. 

(Bulk and Vapor 2-pack)

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Also Thresher. He seemed like a cool dude, but only appeared in one episode. Although, he was in that one book, Legion of Darkness, but having never read it, I don't know how big of a role he had in it. Aside from him, Jetbug, and that guy we saw at the beginning of Brain Attack who unleashed the Brains and then we never saw him again. He seemed interesting as well.

We almost got a set of him, but then LEGO decided to make him silver and call him Bulk instead.

(Bulk and Vapor 2-pack)

Where on earth are you getting that info? I've never seen anything to suggest that Bulk and Vapor was meant to include Thresher, and personally I'd be extremely skeptical if that's only an assumption.

Also Thresher. He seemed like a cool dude, but only appeared in one episode. Although, he was in that one book, Legion of Darkness, but having never read it, I don't know how big of a role he had in it. Aside from him, Jetbug, and that guy we saw at the beginning of Brain Attack who unleashed the Brains and then we never saw him again. He seemed interesting as well.

(Bulk and Vapor 2-pack)

Where on earth are you getting that info? I've never seen anything to suggest that Bulk and Vapor was meant to include Thresher, and personally I'd be extremely skeptical if that's only an assumption.

I heard somewhere that he was originally intended to be Thresher, I could be wrong through.

Bulk in that set is literally just a recolour away from being Thresher. 

EDIT: After a little research I've found it is mentioned on Brickipedia (see the notes section).

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/7179_Dunkan_Bulk_and_Vapour

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-

(Bulk and Vapor 2-pack)

I remembered reading it in Brickapedia, but I am not sure where did it get that information.

Anyway, it would have been cool if Thresher came as a set because he is like Hero Factory's equivalent to Bionicle's Lhikan (being a mentor to to heroes), but it never happened. How sad.:(

(Bulk and Vapor 2-pack)

I heard somewhere that he was originally intended to be Thresher, I could be wrong through.

EDIT: After a little research I've found it is mentioned on Brickipedia (see the notes section).

"It is believed" with no source... Hardly better than "my uncle who works at Lego told me".

Thresher was at best a side character who never appeared outside of flashbacks, and to me it seems far more likely that they reused an alternate form of Bulk for him in the TV special (like the many, many other reused elements in the Hero Factory episodes) than it would be for a set of him to have been planned but turned into an existing character.

(Bulk and Vapor 2-pack)

"It is believed" with no source... Hardly better than "my uncle who works at Lego told me".

Thresher was at best a side character who never appeared outside of flashbacks, and to me it seems far more likely that they reused an alternate form of Bulk for him in the TV special (like the many, many other reused elements in the Hero Factory episodes) than it would be for a set of him to have been planned but turned into an existing character.

That makes sense. Still would've been a nice set though.

I think the most underused character is the Mysterious villian. They were building up to him and then hero factory died.

• Upvote 2

"Every living thing profits from the death of another"

Elemental lord of jungle

Von Nebula. He had such potential to be the Makuta of the series.

I agree with you 100%. Von Nebula looks like that he has that potential, but the story never expanded on him. It would have be cool if Von were the one who got the Hero Factory plans from Black Phantom, so the Heroes would have come to fight and defeat him again to put on end of his Villain Factory business before the story could end.:(

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

Von Nebula. He had such potential to be the Makuta of the series.

I agree with you 100%. Von Nebula looks like that he has that potential, but the story never expanded on him. It would have be cool if Von were the one who got the Hero Factory plans from Black Phantom, so the Heroes would have come to fight and defeat him again to put on end of his Villain Factory business before the story could end. :(

Yeah, although they should have rewritten his back-story as it really didn't make much sense.

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

• 4 weeks later...

i have an underused weapon suggestion:the Nebula gun from the first four episodes that Thunder had.it wasn't even in his set.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.