Souzan: The Queen's Firemaiden

dviddy

This is probably the last MOC I'll build for awhile using that head and chestplate combo, but it lends itself well to a lot of things, and this one I think is my favourite build using it so far.

This MOC is a little Legend of Korra with equal parts Ocarina of Time Gerudo forces.

souzan02.jpg

souzan00.jpg_thumb.jpg | souzan01.jpg_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 9

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

oh my, don't think i've said it before but when it comes to bionicle based ladies, i think i like yours the most.

they're always very ladylike without being too, ahem, "ladylike" if ya catch that.

and here, as well as the usual creative parts usage, i really like this high-contrast color scheme with a good blend of metallics and flats. o:

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'd be worried if my ankles were as thick as a twinkie.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Ankles? Where? I don't see any ankles. :P

In all seriousness, Pat, this is incredible! Love the torso detailing, as usual. And those kneepads are great! Will we be seeing this at BrickCon next month?

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

In all seriousness, Pat, this is incredible! Love the torso detailing, as usual. And those kneepads are great! Will we be seeing this at BrickCon next month?

I was only being sarcastic with the ankle part, see at the TTV Message Boardss I couldn't do that without it being flagged. that is why amongst many reasons why BZPower is better.

In all seriousness this moc is great, certainly something that I couldn't make with the parts on hand that I own, well done!

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

oh my, don't think i've said it before but when it comes to bionicle based ladies, i think i like yours the most.

they're always very ladylike without being too, ahem, "ladylike" if ya catch that.

and here, as well as the usual creative parts usage, i really like this high-contrast color scheme with a good blend of metallics and flats. o:

I catch it, don't worry. I do that on purpose- I've made a conscious effort to increase the amount of female MOCs I build, and with that comes a desire to make them recognizably female without having to use words, but in a way that is not over-exaggerated, cartoonishly proportioned, obscene, unnatural, or degrading. I've attempted to do some different body types too, with this one the more lithe and athletic, Jules is a kid, Jen is in military uniform, Korgot is a fantasy muscular dwarf, etc. IDK, I want to make MOCs and I want to do so respectfully. I'm not here to make sexual objects or inspire that sort of admiration.

The ankles are thin, and I knew there would be a little flack for it somewhere. It's a stylistic choice meant to emphasize the extreme slimming of the legs going into the feet, sort of like how a lot of art and cartoon character designs like to do it. I wanted to do something slightly more stylized and animated looking with this one.

No, we are not going to make Brickcon even as just one-day attendees. Our next con will probably be Cascade whenever it happens next.

Do you plan to release instructions or at least show off the chest build?

Someone on Reddit asked me if I would showcase an inner working, and I think I might. I'll be soonish? It's not too difficult.

• Upvote 2

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I can't miss commenting on another DeeVee MOC. Here we go...

I can see the inspiration sources really show through on this one. Despite the rather scrambled colour scheme, i rather enjoy how this turned out, although i rather dislike the "hair".

Overall, you did a very good job, although i'm still looking for that me/slenderman moc. Nicely done! :D