Hey! Has anyone ever wondered why the Inika had "organic" Kanohi?

When I first found out they did, I was hoping there was some connection to the Krana, and we would find out the "big secret" about the bohrok through the Inika's masks.

I can't say there is no connection, but it was never really answered why their Kanohi were organic.

Are Iden, Suletu, and Calix Kanohi just organic by nature? I don't think so - Krakua had a Suletu, and his was just normal.

Are there any other characters who have organic kanohi? Does the Red Star have some connection to the Bahrag and the Krana, or perhaps the Bohrok or Bohrok-Kal?

I think there might be- see, the Bohrok are "undead"(?) matron, and the Red Star deals with the death/rebirth of Bionicle characters- maybe there is some connection- Did the lightning contain protodermic energies, or perhaps the same energies that turned Bohrok into Bohrok Kal?

What else do you guys know about Organic masks, Inika, and the Red Star?

The Inika's organic masks were another byproduct of the Red Star's lightning. There's no evidence for other organic kanohi existing due to the unique circumstances for their creation. I suppose Arakha could make masks out of organic protodermis, but I don't know why he would.

Kanohi and Krana being related is an interesting idea. The Bohrok were always intended to be related to the Toa and Matoran. It's possible that Krana are/were created in a similar process to Kanohi, but I don't think the Red Star has anything to do with it.

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

As I understood, the organic masks were issued under the Red Star's "emergency Toa" protocols so that the transformed Matoran didn't have to waste as much time learning to use their mask powers like the Toa Metru did. The organic nature helped them master the Kanohi more quickly so they could get to down business. Of course the process had its kinks, like not allowing Kongu to turn off the effects of the Suletu.

Kanohi and Krana being related is an interesting idea. The Bohrok were always intended to be related to the Toa and Matoran. It's possible that Krana are/were created in a similar process to Kanohi, but I don't think the Red Star has anything to do with it.

I think it was explained that Krana were created from dipping byproducts; leftovers after the Great Beings created the Matoran, in Energized Protodermis. The Great Beings taught the Bahrag to do this in their absence to produce more for the swarms.

Edited by IXRollOutIX
  • Upvote 1

As I understood, the organic masks were issued under the Red Star's "emergency Toa" protocols so that the transformed Matoran didn't have to waste as much time learning to use their mask powers like the Toa Metru did. The organic nature helped them master the Kanohi more quickly so they could get to down business. Of course the process had its kinks, like not allowing Kongu to turn off the effects of the Suletu.

BS01 says that Kanohi Suletu are always on at a low level. This applies to the non-organic and organic forms of the Suletu as far as I know.

BS01 says that Kanohi Suletu are always on at a low level. This applies to the non-organic and organic forms of the Suletu as far as I know.

Alright then, maybe that wasn't a kink. Thanks for the correction and scratch that last part. The rest still stands, though. 

Makes sense but I always assumed that the Red Star lightning was due to some malfunction inside the Red Star; the Inika's transformation was just a freak accident. My question is how would the emergency protocol work when the Red Star is location outside of the MU?

I think it was explained that Krana were created from dipping byproducts; leftovers after the Great Beings created the Matoran, in Energized Protodermis. The Great Beings taught the Bahrag to do this in their absence to produce more for the swarms.

Fair enough. The only thing I know of krana creation is that Zyglak were an accidental byproduct and I was basing my theory on a piece of concept art that's probably no longer canon. :P

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.