What happened to the Mask of Time?

Has anyone heard any more about the "half-Vahi" theory? TTV talks about it here on their podcast.

Basically, some LEGO guy apparently said the original Vahi was only half of a mask, and implied that maybe the Okoto people have the other half? Is this theory canon, or at the very least, not disproven? Is it still possible? or has Lego put more info forward that gives a new perspective on the G1 Vahi, and the G2 Mask of Time?

LEGO doesn't want to give that away, but more than likely there is a second half of the mask, making it from the mask of time to the mask of time control... Wait, Mask of Time + Mask of Control = Mask of Time Control, BOOM!

I think that at NYCC 2014 they where going to release a lot and I mean A LOT more information, and since they decided to not included the temple of time on their Facebook page, but was shown during the meting at NYCC, though there where some concerned voice, some where even saying "should we be showing this?". So I think that yes, there is a second half to the mask, and yes G1 and G2 are directly connected to each other in some way.

Perhaps when G2 Makuta made the mask of Ultimate power, he unknowingly (or knowingly) infused it with the spirit of Makuta Teridax, (I do believe that makuta can travel interdimensionally to find a new body, and if not. Makuta Teridax was so powerful that I would be surprised that he and only he could do such a thing)

And as such the Toa where placed into Toa canisters to find and defeat Makuta once more, only this new location was much different, in a different dimension. Thus turning their Canisters into Comets, and changing their armor, and whipping their memory clean, though not their muscle memory. As for their masks, I do think that they where given Elemental masks before they where put into their Canisters, Think the Garai, Mask of Gravity. And, since gravity is an Element in G1, I think that there could be masks for the other elements as well.

They (the Toa) will need to construct the Mask of Time Control to get back to their time.

HOWEVER! This is just a theory, be it a long drawn out one. This may not be true, but given what we know so far I don't see any other way that this could work out.

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 3

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Yeah, the idea that there was some mysterious "other half" of the Vahi was a misinterpretation. The specific phrasing was that we'd get a whole mask this time—in other words, that the new Mask of Time would look different than the original and cover more of the face. This was stated in reference to a question about what sorts of things would be carried over from the old story to the new one, as a way of explaining how even elements that existed in both canons could be treated differently this time around.

As far as story is concerned, we haven't gotten to see the new Mask of Time yet, but it was featured in the first chapter book, Island of the Lost Masks, as part of the ritual to accelerate the prophesied arrival of the Toa on Okoto.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I am curious what happened to it though. After being used to summon the toa, the protectors just put it back in it's vault and do nothing with it. Assuming its on the same level as the mask of creation [spoiler/] which was able to simply give Kulta a huge power boost

, you would think giving it to one of the toa would be a good idea.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious what happened to it though. After being used to summon the toa, the protectors just put it back in it's vault and do nothing with it. Assuming its on the same level as the mask of creation [spoiler/] which was able to simply give Kulta a huge power boost

Even in G1, the Mask of Time is mostly useless to any character with a Toa's power level. It can speed up time (which is useful when you want to make things happen faster, like how Makuta wanted the Matoran to lose their memories sooner in G1 or the Protectors wanted the stars to align sooner in G2) or slower, but it offers no competitive advantage except as a bargaining chip like how Vakama used it in Time Trap. Because it generally affects the user just as much as their surroundings, except perhaps when its power is channeled into a beam like during the Protectors' ritual.

If the mask is anywhere near as powerful in G2 as in G1, it's in the Protectors' best interest to keep it locked up tightly where it won't be at risk of getting damaged, rather than to send it into danger with heroes who will not be able to make use of it.

The only reason Vakama gave Tahu the Mask of Time in G1 was that the theft of the Nuva symbols made it clear Ta-Koro was no longer a safe place to keep it hidden. In lieu of a vault or stronghold, the safest place for such a mask is with a powerful, experienced hero (not a novice like the G2 Toa). And Vakama explicitly gave it to Tahu in hopes that he would never need to use it.

the new Mask of Time would look different than the original and cover more of the face.

I don't know, the connection point for masks did suddenly change from the bottom of the face to the top of the face.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Actually, the new masks connect to the sides of the face. And again, the creators were very clear that "we will have a whole mask". That means that when we get the Mask of Time, it will be in its entirety — and since bringing back the original (obsolete) half-mask mold is pretty much out of the question, that kind of rules out a separate "top half" that will connect with it.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for clearing that up that the new creators said it would be a "whole mask". I don't doubt the bottom portion will resemble the original mask, but as for its powers I think it will be more general compared to G1. We know Bionicle has a 3 year storyline, and we are mostly done with year 1, and can guess that the next years will focus on the other powerful masks like the Mask of Control and the Mask of Time. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing they'll talk about it more in the future of the series.

If not, it was just a plot-device to explain... What exactly? The Toa didn't have to be called in via the power of Time if the writers didn't really intend it. Unless...

Oh god. The illuminati (AKA G1=G2 theories)

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Even in G1, the Mask of Time is mostly useless to any character with a Toa's power level. It can speed up time (which is useful when you want to make things happen faster, like how Makuta wanted the Matoran to lose their memories sooner in G1 or the Protectors wanted the stars to align sooner in G2) or slower, but it offers no competitive advantage except as a bargaining chip like how Vakama used it in Time Trap. Because it generally affects the user just as much as their surroundings, except perhaps when its power is channeled into a beam like during the Protectors' ritual.

If the mask is anywhere near as powerful in G2 as in G1, it's in the Protectors' best interest to keep it locked up tightly where it won't be at risk of getting damaged, rather than to send it into danger with heroes who will not be able to make use of it.

The only reason Vakama gave Tahu the Mask of Time in G1 was that the theft of the Nuva symbols made it clear Ta-Koro was no longer a safe place to keep it hidden. In lieu of a vault or stronghold, the safest place for such a mask is with a powerful, experienced hero (not a novice like the G2 Toa). And Vakama explicitly gave it to Tahu in hopes that he would never need to use it.

the new Mask of Time would look different than the original and cover more of the face.

I don't know, the connection point for masks did suddenly change from the bottom of the face to the top of the face.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Actually, the new masks connect to the sides of the face. And again, the creators were very clear that "we will have a whole mask". That means that when we get the Mask of Time, it will be in its entirety — and since bringing back the original (obsolete) half-mask mold is pretty much out of the question, that kind of rules out a separate "top half" that will connect with it.

Unless there's a studhole on the outside of the mask.

What happened to the Mask of Time? The not-Vahi was taken from Voporakh 'Skull-Rotter' from not-Vakama.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Unless there's a studhole on the outside of the mask.

Even if they were willing to bring back an obsolete attachment method, the original Vahi mold has most likely been destroyed, like the vast majority of other retired parts. Creating a new mold of it to Lego's precise standards AND creating an entirely new mask for it to fit over would effectively cost twice as much as just creating a single new mask would.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother