worst bionicle mask

bohrokman

Never really been a fan of the noble Mahiki or Komau. The noses and the entire look to them just feels kinda eh.

That being said, I'd say the competition fot the worst would end in a big ugly four way tie between all the Nuva masks that aren't the Miru, and, I suppose, the Hau. They are really pretty hideous.

AXKP5KC.png

G1:

Elda. Unfortunate teeth, unfortunate moustache. Noble Ruru. Never liked it for that extremely impractical and huge hole on the top, and it's very meh other than that, nothing that really sets it apart from any other mask. Volitak. Ugly, and way overused in G1 canon. Adaptive Kaukau. Waffle-eye. 2006 rendition of the Mask of Life. Those really long parts always bugged me. 

G2: 

Mask of Jungle. Looks nothing like the Miru and sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to the other masks. All those ridges - whereas all the other masks have at least some degree of smoothness on them. Not to mention it suffers the same flaw that all non-skull masks of 2015 seem to have, the weird circle on their face that seems to represent a mouth but doesn't quite work because it's a mask and therefore the mouth wouldn't be on the mask, and the masks would probably look better without them.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

But if I absolutely had to pick, probably the Hau because it looks kind of bland to me.

Treason of the highest order.  :P

I don't really care for the Noble Mahiki, the Calix, or the Elda. Most of the Nuva masks are hit-or-miss. Sometimes I like them, other times I don't... Except the Miru Nuva, I love that one. 

Edited by IXRollOutIX
  • Upvote 4

If anyone says "Kakama," I will personally hunt you down and superglue a Kakama to your face. :P

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of the noble Mahiki or the Great Matatu. Not really a fan of the Kadin, either, though I do love its power.

As for G2 masks... Lewa, stop cosplaying as a Cyberman. It's not working.

• Upvote 3

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Geewun: Av-Matoran masks (Noble Kakama, Noble Miru, Noble Akaku) - they didn't look anything like the original masks, and simply felt like they were slapped together just to have something vaguely complement the rest of the Phantoka. Gavla's mask is especially bizarre, I'd say. 

G2: Lewa's Mask of Jungle is all over the place. No similarity to the old mask or any real uniqueness to it, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

As far as I'm concerned, Vultraz's Mask of Scavenging. Sure, blobby, amorphous masks were not new to Bionicle, having been used for the Toa Nuva. But all six of those were like that, and even they had the decency to be shaped somewhat like faces and not like some sort of shelf fungus. Also, its original name, "Mask of Vulture", was plum terrible.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

G1: I didn't like any of the Nuva masks because they were huge with an ugly organic look. Maybe the Pakari is the worse, or the Kakama.

G2: The mask of Stone. As I've said before, it's pretty much a watered down version of the 2008 Photok mask with fake vents, tiny slanted eyeholes where you can hardly see the eyes behind them, and the shaping isn't as appealing as the previous versions and makes him look like a child compared to the other toa.

• Upvote 1

I only just realized that Lewa looks like a Cyberman.

"WE ARE THE CYBERTOA. DELETE. DELETE."

As for my least favorite masks, I've got a list; the Nuva masks, the noble Mahiki and Komau, the Suletu and Nuparu and Hewkii's Inika masks, the Kakama Phantoka, and finally, the Kaukau Mistika and Pakari Mistika

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Probably the only masks i could say never fit the aesthetic of Bionicle would be the 2008 toa masks, yes, all six of them. but mostly the Mistika masks, which neither look good, or like what they supoosedly are.

Okay, Pohatu's Phantoka mask sorta gets away 'cause it's p neat and manages to look like an evolution of the Kakama AND Kakama nuva, but looking criminally like the vahi sorta deducts it some points...

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I like all the masks introduced in Bionicle. If I had to pick one, I guess the Suletu would be considered my least favorite, look-wise. Only because it kind of looks like an extremely ugly face. But even then I still like it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Ehem....

The Miru, Gali Mistika's Mask, Kopaka Phantoka's Mask, Tahu Mistika's Mask, the Bull-Skull Mask (the mask that Scorpio and Basher wears)

Gali Mistika

Mask of Life 2006

Pretty much all of the Inika's masks, espically Kongu's

Noble Mahiki, Komau, and Huna

Great Ruru

Karzahini's mask

Vahi

Yes

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Ehem....

The Miru, Gali Mistika's Mask, Kopaka Phantoka's Mask, Tahu Mistika's Mask, the Bull-Skull Mask (the mask that Scorpio and Basher wears)

Gali Mistika

Mask of Life 2006

Great Ruru

Karzahini's mask

Vahi

Yes

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Really? Not even the Olisi?

Unity, Duty, Destiny

-Toa Ouberry

Ehem....

Gali Mistika

Mask of Life 2006

Great Ruru

Karzahini's mask

Vahi

Yes

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Really? Not even the Olisi?

The Olisi isn't that bad, unless you're talking set wise, then it's got an excuse to be "UGLY!" but, it actually looks fairly good on its own, with its knight faceplate, horns, and goggles.

Noble Mahiki. That thing is an abomination.

My favorite, however, is the Kakama Solek's mask

sorry meso

Edited by Montosoy9

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

Looks-wise: Kaukau Mistika, Hau Mistika, G1 Miru, G2 Miru, the Noble Mahiki, the Noble Komau, the Great Komau, and the Garai. And I guess I'll add the Vahi (especially the movie version--although the movies really botched most of the Kanohi--and everything else).

• Upvote 2

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

Never cared for the look of the Calix. Is actually pretty terrifying looking.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The Akaku Nuva.  All of the Nuva masks had the strange blobby look, but the Akaku Nuva tried to combine the blobby look with the mechanical look of the eyepiece, which I don't think worked at all.

Really? I always saw Lewa, Pohatu, and Onua as the spiky ones, while Gali, Kopaka, and Tahu were the lumpy ones.

I'd consider them blobby too, especially the Pakari Nuva and Kakama Nuva.

OpAXNpl.jpg

The Akaku Nuva.  All of the Nuva masks had the strange blobby look, but the Akaku Nuva tried to combine the blobby look with the mechanical look of the eyepiece, which I don't think worked at all.

Really? i rather like the Akaku Nuva, mainly because it's the Nuva mask that looks the most like its original form.

But my worst masks would be the Olisi and the open-faced Bara Magna masks. My reason with the Olisi is it could give some kids nightmares, and my second reason is Lego was trying to push the stupid Glatorian head by making a ton of the masks have open-faces which was ridiculously ugly and made them feel more like helmets.

Really? i rather like the Akaku Nuva, mainly because it's the Nuva mask that looks the most like its original form.

But my worst masks would be the Olisi and the open-faced Bara Magna masks. My reason with the Olisi is it could give some kids nightmares, and my second reason is Lego was trying to push the stupid Glatorian head by making a ton of the masks have open-faces which was ridiculously ugly and made them feel more like helmets.

You don't get it, they were helmets.

• Upvote 6

sorry meso

For the record, Meso, isn't even here anymore, same goes for Eljay, Var (aka mister private account), or Takuma. pretty much NON of them use BZPower, because they're too engrossed in the abomination that is their message boards. Nontheless. I do actually like solek's mask, infact I like all of the noble masks introduced in 2008, just not the phantoka/mistika masks (I'm looking at you Kopaka, Tahu, and Gali)

I do like Pohatu's, Onua's, and lewa's, but their builds are another thing entirely.

Gali's build should have been given to Pohatu.

Pohatu's build should have been given to Onua.

Gali should have had Onua's build.

I'd give Tahu Lewa's build, Kopaka Tahu's build and Lewa kopaka's build.

Ehem, sorry for rambling off topic.

I guess I also dislike the Nuva Kaukau, though I'd prefer frog-pig Gali, over waffle-eye bunny-ears Gali anyday.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

You don't get it, they were helmets.

What about the Skrall? and Strakk?

• Upvote 1

sorry meso

For the record, Meso, isn't even here anymore, same goes for Eljay, Var (aka mister private account), or Takuma. pretty much NON of them use BZPower, because they're too engrossed in the abomination that is their message boards. Nontheless. I do actually like soleks mask, infact i like all of the noble masks introduced in 2008, just not the phantoka, or mistika (I'm looking at you Kopaka, Tahu, and Gali)

Off topic, but you need to let that TTV stuff go, man. No place for it on this board or anywhere on BZPower.

Um.... I hate..... that weird version of the Ignika. (phew, got back on topic.)

• Upvote 1

sorry meso

For the record, Meso, isn't even here anymore, same goes for Eljay, Var (aka mister private account), or Takuma. pretty much NON of them use BZPower, because they're too engrossed in the abomination that is their message boards. Nontheless. I do actually like soleks mask, infact i like all of the noble masks introduced in 2008, just not the phantoka, or mistika (I'm looking at you Kopaka, Tahu, and Gali)

There is a time and place for this.

That time is not now and that place is not here. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr