Okotian Demon Scorpion

Clavis

The Skull Scorpio has gotten some flack for lack of posability, abnormally large tail, etc., so I decided to start designing a new scorpion creature... thanks to some spare parts and a "certain" Star Wars set I purchased today. It's color scheme should bring back some nostalgia for Generation 1 fans.

So here is the newest creature to be cataloged from Okoto... The Okotian Demon Scorpion!

post-722-0-90533200-1441771048_thumb.jpg

Named for its gigantic horns, this large creature roams tunnels and caves in the Region of Stone. During the day, they come out to feed by burying themselves beneath the desert sand and striking with their tail and large hairy forearms. Their typical prey are Skull Scorpios. Thanks to their massive mandibles, they are able to crush bones and absorb the calcium from them.

They are very aggressive and territorial and will often attack any villager that stumbles into their way. Although rare, they are known to prey on villagers, but only when starving. When attacking larger prey like villagers, the demon scorpion can lift its upper body and attack in a centaur-type fashion. Even a Toa would find this creature a challenge. The poison from its tail causes its victim's body to heat up which causes dehydration from lots of sweating. Villagers of Fire have some resistance and take longer to dehydrate, but the venom seems to affect their biology as well. 

Edited by Clavis

I really like the story behind this one! Aside from the tail image the photos are great (it looks like light is shining down a cave without being too dark to miss details) and at first I was unsure why the plating was so heavily done at the front until you explained and showed the centaur posture which was nicely explained. The bulky bug build works really well here, nice work!

Edited by BryceDuyvewaardt