Bionicle Tv Series?

X-Ray

A lot of depth would be lost and the story/characters would have to be relatively simple, or starting anew completely. Look at Ninjago and HF on tv, they are pretty cheesy. I know it is for a different audience, but in reality a Bionicle show would not likely be tailored to a more mature audience, though if it were to be as such that would be amazing.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of depth would be lost and the story/characters would have to be relatively simple, or starting anew completely. Look at Ninjago and HF on tv, they are pretty cheesy. I know it is for a different audience, but in reality a Bionicle show would not likely be tailored to a more mature audience, though if it were to be as such that would be amazing.

Mhm. HF and Ninjago 2012 shows have gotten worse and cheesier, respectively.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

A lot of depth would be lost and the story/characters would have to be relatively simple, or starting anew completely.Look at Ninjago and HF on tv, they are pretty cheesy. I know it is for a different audience, but in reality a Bionicle show would not likely be tailored to a more mature audience, though if it were to be as such that would be amazing.

Mhm. HF and Ninjago 2012 shows have gotten worse and cheesier, respectively.
I think the Ninjago series has gotten a lot more emotional since 2011, actually, with Tick Tock being one of my favorite episodes. With that said, there's a certain amount of cheesiness inherent to it. Like the majority of LEGO media, it's very tongue-in-cheek, even though it makes fewer explicitly LEGO-related jokes than other things like the LEGO video games often do. I get the idea that since a show where all the characters are minifigures is already a bit difficult to take seriously, you might as well play the playful, imaginative angle for all it's worth.In terms of the Hero Factory TV show, I think the Breakout episode showed lots of improvement over the previous few. The villains and heroes each got a chance in the spotlight, unlike some previous episodes, and the plot actually is beginning to show some meaningful continuity (including the series's largest-ever cliffhanger ending). It's stayed consistently cheesy since the beginning, of course (one has to wonder how many times we have to hear "catch 'em & cuff 'em" in a forty-four minute episode), but in general it seems to be on a road to improvement.One problem with making a BIONICLE TV series is that different styles of storytelling are suited to different media. In a TV series you often want to have each episode end with a unique message for the audience (either an explicit lesson or just something to ponder like new insight into the characters). Of course, with BIONICLE over, it's true that if it were to come back TLG would be perfectly capable of changing up the storytelling style, whether it came back as a reboot or a "sequel series" of sorts. But if TLG were to create a TV series like many people seem to want, which covers the classic BIONICLE story, they'd have to make changes so that each episode feels at least somewhat self-enclosed. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

[...]it would be quite hard for them to go wrong in the writing department, unless they completely destroy the Bionicle storyline.

I bet they'd hack it to bits with an axe. :PNah, I think this would actually work, because I have a theory:Instead of begging LEGO to make media, we should get permission from LEGO to get it made ourselves. If a bunch of us chip in, we could perhaps raise enough funding to do something like this. I like the idea of anime, but the characters MUST be non-human CONSTANTLY. None of the human-with-armour stuff we've seen all too much of.Keeping to canon, like books that never got a spotlight or the online serials sounds nice too, and works with the episodic nature of TV. Hewkii and Macku need a romance element, even if no other guys do. :)
Your opinion is the closest to mine.I think the most realistic way of getting a series up on the air, would be to keep it on BZP. We don't want to aim for unrealisticly large goals. Maybe even having a link to it on the front page would suffice, as opposed to a forum topic. Still, it would be an enormously large amount of work. I think there are a lot of advantages to doing it ourselves instead of relying on lego to make us one. (E.G. cheesy joke/moment control, and we could determine what we would like to see in this sort of thing.As for swearing and violence, I don't think that would work very well. Mild violence is expected of course, as Bionicle is a battle oriented theme. Almost everyone has some sort of weapon or tool of destruction.Romance? A little bit would be nice for char development, and the social side of things, but DO NOT overdo it.I have actually been working on a Bionicle animation series already, but haven't gotten further than episode 1 and half of episode two.

elementalussal.png

Why not have Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Koneitzko write it? If You want to make a show that finds the perfect balance between being intelligent and marketable towards children, those would be the folks to do it.Yes, I watch Avatar and The Legend of Korra, and trust me, the commercials make it look a lot more stupid than it actually is.

Edited by renaldohoek

Why not have Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Koneitzko write it? If You want to make a show that finds the perfect balance between being intelligent and marketable towards children, those would be the folks to do it.Yes, I watch Avatar and The Legend of Korra, and trust me, the commercials make it look a lot more stupid than it actually is.

I'm not entirely sure how well they would do at something that they didn't have the same level of control over. Frankly, one of the things that made A:TLA (and now Legend of Korra) so amazing was that they were able to explore creative ideas that nobody had ever explored before, looking wherever they wanted (in most cases, Asian culture) for inspiration.In BIONICLE they'd be working with a lot more restrictions. The character designs would have to be inspired primarily by the products (remember that with TLG's intellectual properties, products almost always come first). They couldn't make too many changes to the universe established in BIONICLE's first nine years, or they'd risk losing a lot of its fans. And chances are they'd have to be ready to make other concessions in the story based on the products-- for instance, writing in transformations to allow for new sets of certain characters, introducing new villains on a regular basis, etc.In general, the biggest challenge would be convincing them that they would enjoy writing the story. Since before A:TLA began they've been afforded a great deal of creative freedom, and I'm not sure they'd want to give that away when they could be working on their own projects. And when you consider how many TV studios are out there who would readily give them that creative freedom in hopes of creating a hit of the same caliber as A:TLA, it's not like writing a BIONICLE TV show for TLG would necessarily be their most desirable option. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

[...]it would be quite hard for them to go wrong in the writing department, unless they completely destroy the Bionicle storyline.

I bet they'd hack it to bits with an axe. :PNah, I think this would actually work, because I have a theory:Instead of begging LEGO to make media, we should get permission from LEGO to get it made ourselves. If a bunch of us chip in, we could perhaps raise enough funding to do something like this. I like the idea of anime, but the characters MUST be non-human CONSTANTLY. None of the human-with-armour stuff we've seen all too much of.Keeping to canon, like books that never got a spotlight or the online serials sounds nice too, and works with the episodic nature of TV. Hewkii and Macku need a romance element, even if no other guys do. :)
Your opinion is the closest to mine.I think the most realistic way of getting a series up on the air, would be to keep it on BZP. We don't want to aim for unrealisticly large goals. Maybe even having a link to it on the front page would suffice, as opposed to a forum topic. Still, it would be an enormously large amount of work. I think there are a lot of advantages to doing it ourselves instead of relying on lego to make us one. (E.G. cheesy joke/moment control, and we could determine what we would like to see in this sort of thing.As for swearing and violence, I don't think that would work very well. Mild violence is expected of course, as Bionicle is a battle oriented theme. Almost everyone has some sort of weapon or tool of destruction.Romance? A little bit would be nice for char development, and the social side of things, but DO NOT overdo it.I have actually been working on a Bionicle animation series already, but haven't gotten further than episode 1 and half of episode two.
For BZPower, "actually getting something done" is an unrealistic goal. It's never gonna happen. Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I'm not entirely sure how well they would do at something that they didn't have the same level of control over. Frankly, one of the things that made A:TLA (and now Legend of Korra) so amazing was that they were able to explore creative ideas that nobody had ever explored before, looking wherever they wanted (in most cases, Asian culture) for inspiration.In BIONICLE they'd be working with a lot more restrictions. The character designs would have to be inspired primarily by the products (remember that with TLG's intellectual properties, products almost always come first). They couldn't make too many changes to the universe established in BIONICLE's first nine years, or they'd risk losing a lot of its fans. And chances are they'd have to be ready to make other concessions in the story based on the products-- for instance, writing in transformations to allow for new sets of certain characters, introducing new villains on a regular basis, etc.In general, the biggest challenge would be convincing them that they would enjoy writing the story. Since before A:TLA began they've been afforded a great deal of creative freedom, and I'm not sure they'd want to give that away when they could be working on their own projects. And when you consider how many TV studios are out there who would readily give them that creative freedom in hopes of creating a hit of the same caliber as A:TLA, it's not like writing a BIONICLE TV show for TLG would necessarily be their most desirable option.
That's an interesting point. In retrospect, they'd be better off flat out creating new IP for Lego to make a show based on. It's not something I'd have any problem with, though. Those guys are brilliant.Or, from the most ideal perspective, if LEGO ever decided to blow the dust off of Bionicle and start the story, say, 200,000 years following the Reformation, that could provide them with a reasonable amount of time to find that niche were creative freedom meets what's already been established. I mean, a lot can happen in 200 millennia; you can create a whole new world in that time. If you look at human history, most of our civilizations are lucky if they make it to 1,000 years. Of course, this is less of an actual brainstorm, and more of me riding a Polaris through the realm of fantasy.

It could be set in the far future of 2010, allowing for it to draw on old story and have room for new story in equal measure, and the balance could be tipped to suit audience results.

I like this... but I think rather than an animated series there would be a movie series. I mean, we have plenty of movies that take ideas from old toys, shows, and comics. By the time this hypothetical first movie is made, it would be a few decades since Bionicle's end.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I know along with pretty much everyone else that it would not happen, but I think if it were to somehow come about then it would have a nice cult fanbase to support it to some degree. Kind of like those obscure anime that you find on the internet that happen to be awesome even though no one seems to really know about it (like Shigofumi, which I recommend to any anime fan here). After all, I am not speaking for everybody, but I have lost interest in the sets years ago and only really stuck for the story.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be cool, but:One: Bionicle has ended (OK, OK, "for the foreseeable future.")Two: It would cost a lot.Three: I dunno about all those changes. Seems like changing quite a bit of the core stuff.Four: Let's just leave romance out of it.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

There was a guy here on the old forums who had a topic cwhere bionicle was inspired with humans connected with a toa spirit. It even had short animations about 3-5 minutes long each.I wonder why the author of that topic hasn't returned here again??

Edited by .-:Kopaka Nuva:-.

qs3135.jpg

My main concern would be how the original story could be adapted into 'X' amount of twenty-three minute episodes. I very much think it could be done, and could be done very well, but the pacing would have to be a lot different than how the books and comics handled it. Which, of course, could be good or bad. If it's a bit more slow-paced, a lot of the more minor characters could be given time to be fleshed out a bit more, but at the same time, it could also feel a bit more dragged-out. I would, though, prefer to see someone's take on the original Bionicle story as opposed to having it be some Lego-controlled thing. I think it'd have a lot more potential to feel a lot more fresh and new, even to veteran fans like myself, as opposed to being the watching the story I followed years ago. Plus with the right people, a lot of the original story's flaws (such as being a to-sell-toys platform, and also the serials as a whole [to me, at least] and the rather rushed ending) could be dealt with in a better manner.

plop

My main concern would be how the original story could be adapted into 'X' amount of twenty-three minute episodes. I very much think it could be done, and could be done very well, but the pacing would have to be a lot different than how the books and comics handled it. Which, of course, could be good or bad. If it's a bit more slow-paced, a lot of the more minor characters could be given time to be fleshed out a bit more, but at the same time, it could also feel a bit more dragged-out. I would, though, prefer to see someone's take on the original Bionicle story as opposed to having it be some Lego-controlled thing. I think it'd have a lot more potential to feel a lot more fresh and new, even to veteran fans like myself, as opposed to being the watching the story I followed years ago. Plus with the right people, a lot of the original story's flaws (such as being a to-sell-toys platform, and also the serials as a whole [to me, at least] and the rather rushed ending) could be dealt with in a better manner.
A show which your avatar came from, Knock Out, has done just that.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I do remember that people have toyed around with the idea several times, and that Mr. Farshtey has said multiple times that Lego had no plans or room for such a series.However, I do like the idea. Removing the darkness and gloominess of some of the mid-to-later story years would be a great idea for the nostalgics, so long as it doesn't turn out too cartoon-y (*coughcough*TLR*coughcough*).Depending on how it would be done, though, I might watch it. If Lego were to do it, which I highly doubt they'd even consider, I think it'd be too commercialized or something like that. It'd turn out kinda weird, might not have the right feel. If you're talking about BZP members creating their own animated series, so long as it is based on the actual, agreed-upon, official canon, I would definitely take interest. Seems like a good idea. :)

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Heh, I may have had that show in mind, but I think the point still stands. It's just a matter of having the right... well, everything, I suppose. No easy feat, certainly, but I'd definately be interested in following such an endeavor.
I do remember that people have toyed around with the idea several times, and that Mr. Farshtey has said multiple times that Lego had no plans or room for such a series.However, I do like the idea. Removing the darkness and gloominess of some of the mid-to-later story years would be a great idea for the nostalgics, so long as it doesn't turn out too cartoon-y (*coughcough*TLR*coughcough*).
Actually, the darker turn was what made 2004-2007 my favorite chunk of story. I think it's just a matter of not overdoing it. Like, it definitely wouldn't have to be 100% tongue-in-cheek, but maybe self-aware enough to not take itself too seriously.
Depending on how it would be done, though, I might watch it. If Lego were to do it, which I highly doubt they'd even consider, I think it'd be too commercialized or something like that. It'd turn out kinda weird, might not have the right feel. If you're talking about BZP members creating their own animated series, so long as it is based on the actual, agreed-upon, official canon, I would definitely take interest. Seems like a good idea. :)
Haha, I think we've seen enough BZP projects come and go to realize that the fandom isn't, perhaps, the best source to turn to for a BIONICLE series. I also believe The Legend Reborn is pretty much what Lego seems to be wanting to churn out. Not saying that that's bad necessarily, but it didn't really work for me. Also, I wouldn't want a series to follow the canon to the letter, mainly 'cause the official canon has a lot of issues - with things such as year-to-year agreement - and such that could be resolved by using the overall plot as a template of sorts, and then taking creative licenses on a lot of the details. I know that sounds like a death wish at first read, but I'm not saying that we need to flip BIONICLE into something it's not, but rather something it could be that both the fandom and a wider general audience could be satisfied with. Edited by Knock Out

plop

Heh, I may have had that show in mind, but I think the point still stands. It's just a matter of having the right... well, everything, I suppose. No easy feat, certainly, but I'd definately be interested in following such an endeavor.
I do remember that people have toyed around with the idea several times, and that Mr. Farshtey has said multiple times that Lego had no plans or room for such a series.However, I do like the idea. Removing the darkness and gloominess of some of the mid-to-later story years would be a great idea for the nostalgics, so long as it doesn't turn out too cartoon-y (*coughcough*TLR*coughcough*).
Actually, the darker turn was what made 2004-2007 my favorite chunk of story. I think it's just a matter of not overdoing it. Like, it definitely wouldn't have to be 100% tongue-in-cheek, but maybe self-aware enough to not take itself too seriously.
Depending on how it would be done, though, I might watch it. If Lego were to do it, which I highly doubt they'd even consider, I think it'd be too commercialized or something like that. It'd turn out kinda weird, might not have the right feel. If you're talking about BZP members creating their own animated series, so long as it is based on the actual, agreed-upon, official canon, I would definitely take interest. Seems like a good idea. :)
Haha, I think we've seen enough BZP projects come and go to realize that the fandom isn't, perhaps, the best source to turn to for a BIONICLE series. I also believe The Legend Reborn is pretty much what Lego seems to be wanting to churn out. Not saying that that's bad necessarily, but it didn't really work for me. Also, I wouldn't want a series to follow the canon to the letter, mainly 'cause the official canon has a lot of issues - with things such as year-to-year agreement - and such that could be resolved by using the overall plot as a template of sorts, and then taking creative licenses on a lot of the details. I know that sounds like a death wish at first read, but I'm not saying that we need to flip BIONICLE into something it's not, but rather something it could be that both the fandom and a wider general audience could be satisfied with.
I do agree that it should definitely not be overdone, and how to put certain chunks of storyline into a concise "episode" would be difficult. And I think while other fan projects have proven....er....not very professional, the people who would create it would have to be mature enough to handle it properly. Besides, I don't think there are very many other sources to be used to create new Bionicle material.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I do agree that it should definitely not be overdone, and how to put certain chunks of storyline into a concise "episode" would be difficult. And I think while other fan projects have proven....er....not very professional, the people who would create it would have to be mature enough to handle it properly. Besides, I don't think there are very many other sources to be used to create new Bionicle material.
The way I see it, the events of the story could be spread out between episodes without too much trouble, and some of the time could be used to flesh out more of the characters. With a plethora of characters in the BIONICLE franchise, I'm sure that time spent on development and characterization, making everyone just a bit more memorable wouldn't be time wasted.As for who'd be working on it, I've always assumed that if there remains a lingering interest in BIONICLE, in due time, it'll receive its reboot or continuation or whatever (in my humble opinion, the former is most preferable). Now, I'm not sure if that'll mean that Lego will be interested in restarting it, or if some third party would like to take a shot at a new interpretation of the mythos (and in this case, I'd really like to see the latter happen, according to the central theme of my previous posts, haha), but either way, I am sure that it's not going to be the same exact story marketed to a future audience, which gives whoever would take a shot at a BIONICLE series room to maneuver and adapt the basic plot to 'X' amount of twenty-three minute episodes. Edited by Knock Out

plop

The way I'd like to see a Bionicle TV show/revival done would be to follow the "licensed" model rather than the "in-house" model; that is, have the show designed and developed for its own aesthetic, and then have the sets (if any) be based off of them (like, for example, Star Wars: The Clone Wars). This way, the theme and the story (the best parts of Bionicle, in my opinion) would be the central focus, rather than making up new forms of heroes and villians specifically to sell new toys. (Granted, some of that would still happen, but I like to think that with the focus more on story, it would be handled in a more fluid, natural way; the new forms and villains wouldn't have to be shoehorned into the story quite so forcefully.)

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

• 4 weeks later...
If the money can miraculously be retrieved, then yes, I would like a Bionicle TV show :) That being said, you may want to re-think the romance thing - I remember my reaction as a little kid to Huki and Maku almost kissing in that infamous Flash episode - I almost, er, let go of my lunch.
It would need to have some sort of romance to keep in interesting. Even if was just Matau flirting with Nokama for the first few seasons. It would have to develope though. Dont forget, a lot of people have grown up now so Romance wouldn't be a bad thing. I think it should be aimed at about 13+ to make it decent. Otherwise i can just see it becoming extremely corny.I would also want decent enemies like the Makuta.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

If the money can miraculously be retrieved, then yes, I would like a Bionicle TV show :) That being said, you may want to re-think the romance thing - I remember my reaction as a little kid to Huki and Maku almost kissing in that infamous Flash episode - I almost, er, let go of my lunch.
It would need to have some sort of romance to keep in interesting. Even if was just Matau flirting with Nokama for the first few seasons. It would have to develope though. Dont forget, a lot of people have grown up now so Romance wouldn't be a bad thing. I think it should be aimed at about 13+ to make it decent. Otherwise i can just see it becoming extremely corny.I would also want decent enemies like the Makuta.
Why in Mata Nui's name can't a story without romance stay interesting? I certainly was able to enjoy BIONICLE for its full lifespan even with its extremely sparse amount of romance. Romance can be a part of good storytelling, but it's not an essential part for all types of stories.Also, I'm skeptical that it would have to be aimed at a higher age range to be decent. Just because things aimed at younger kids can be really corny doesn't mean that they have to be. Avatar: The Last Airbender was aimed at kids and yet had huge appeal with older viewers, even if it did mean having to make some sacrifices such as concealing certain character deaths. More recently, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has gained an unbelievable fan-following among college-age viewers, and that's a show aimed at young girls (to put it in perspective, in some places it is aired on channels aimed at preschool-age kids). Needless to say, kids' shows can appeal to adults just fine, and the target age range should never be used as an excuse for bland or uninspired writing.

Sadly I don't think a bionicle TV series would be a good idea, If by chance it was made I would enjoy it if it were in CGI, and not the CGI in the movies no no no, The CGI from the old 2001 Promos, that would be cool
How is the CGI in The Legend Reborn any different from that in the 2001 promos? Both match the sets almost exactly.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think if they could get any team of writers they get someone from RVB, Batman TAS and transformers prime and go all out on action, story and humor.Piraka could be insanly funny if done right. but if bionicle comes back it would probly be a new story.

I have no Signature,

Why?

I'm Avak3, I don't need one.

I actually enjoyed TLR's animation style, I loved how they kept them close to the sets, and removed the horrible eye-brows and mouths on the masks. Actually I never really enjoyed the animation style of the first three movies much, even as a kid I was like "They don't look like the sets." and their eyebrows on the mask just irked me to no end. I think a show that is similar to the 2001 storyline could work. The story was simple, but it also had so much mystery thrown into it. Something that feels like MNOG1 would be amazing.

Pretty much every show in existence is made to make money, but it depends on how you are selling it. In this case since it is made by lego, it would essentially be a 30 minute commercial, but it does depend on how much it is played up, similar to MLPFIM, but they managed to actually make it good (depending on who is reading this anyway), but then compare it to, say, Zoids, which is the same thing except the characters felt very one dimensional and you would really only watch it for the fights, however those pretty much boiled down to "watch as the cooler [and presumably more expensive] looking ones are WAY better then the [presumably cheaper] average models". Though overall I agree with you here.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I think 'Reign of Shadows' would work well as a TV show, but it would be pretty short. I think the CGI from TLR and the Hero Factory stuff would work well enough. It would be pretty funny if it was animated in a high budget version of MNOG's flash style, though... I know a lot of us have been surprised recently about the power of flash animation, and the quality of animation it can produce.

Edited by Zestanor

Has following the story become too complex? Look no further:

How to Follow BIONICLE

A Simple, chronological checklist

UPDATE May 22 2013: Every is now color coded!

Contains every bit of content, organized by story year

For one, it would have to be 2D. As much as the CGI ads and minis worked, it would be very expensive to produce and it's more difficult in several ways.2D, on the other hand, can be made in high quality, fluid animation, with a lot of detail and the budget issues can be easily fixed.Now I'm not talking about "anime" high quality: that's a bunch of BS, really. They cut too many corners and the overuse of keyframes is laughable.What I'm talking about is Gargoyles-style production, perhaps even higherIt would also be nice if they stuck to the set designs: I absolutely hated the designs of the movies for the characters, Ta-Koro, Kini-Nui...Gosh, I was so disappointed with the first movie.An orchestral BGM would be the best choice, even if it isn't really "orchestral" in the sense that they hire a Philarmonic; ATLA didn't use actual orchestra for their music and it still sounded good.AND STICK TO THE BOOKS. STICK TO THE COMICS. STICK TO THE WEBISODES and THE MATA NUI ONLINE GAMES, Start changing things up to make it more "exciting", and everything goes down the drain.

• 4 weeks later...

It can be done, as HF did, but it was only semi-successful so lego wouldn't really go for it. But I'd absolutely love to do this as an indie project! :)

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I would love it if it was done right. It cannot be a kid's show like Hero Factory or Ninjago, it must be dark and creepy and scary at some points. Also, I old opt for it to be traditionally animated, rather than CGIed. And it should probably not retell previous stories, but it should expand on previous continuity., I think.

I've always loved the idea of a Bionicle TV series. To me, it seems like the story would fit perfectly, especially since a lot of it was released episodically. With a TV series, we could also spend time developing each toa. The years could fit easily as seasons, and good voice actors could (and should) be found. Would need Nathan Furst music and good CGI, though, for me to watch it.-don't touch my pocket protector
Yeah. Let's not do this without Nathan Furst...
Personally, while I like Nathan Furst's music, I don't think it would be quite right for a BIONICLE TV series. While his music was very epic, it did not have that electronic/tribal mix that characterized BIONICLE's early music, such as in the BIONICLE Power Pack or the Mata Nui Online Game. I think if a BIONICLE TV series were to happen, it would be best to bring in new musical talent to write a brand-new soundtrack that really captures the spirit of BIONICLE.
This.As for a Hero Factory/Bionicle crossover, since the Great Beings are kind of implied to be humans, they chould say that the Heroes were the precursor to Mata Nui and the nanotech. I hate Hero Factory though.
  • Upvote 1
I miss BIONICLE.

• 3 months later...

A Bionicle TV show doesn't seem like a good idea. Lego seems to be struggling just to keep Hero Factory decent.

Doesn't seem like a good idea 'cause, who will give money to the project? sounds cool 'cause if you assemble a good team we can have a entire look over the bionicle universe, I lost track after Metru Nui and I didn't have access to most books, but it's important to be a good team as I said, because as X-Ray points there are gaps and holes in the story.

Actually, with the right people, this could be a sucess.

• Upvote 1
The Raidmaster

*Reads main post* YES YES YES *Reads Repiles* NO NO NO :PSeriously, Bionicle TV series would be great. Having the people from The Batman would be almost TOO good to be true. I would perfer it to be Drawn in the style of batman, rather than CGI. I've always disliked the latter.So anyway, yes. Just yes.

You read my mind.

I have so many ideas for a show like this. Even today, while walking from the bus station to the store, I was voicing aloud a conversation between a resident of the MU and a Glatorian. This was something never seen in the story, these conversations, and getting to know the land, other than in Journey's End, and that wasn't very much to go on. The Toa would want/need to know more about Spherus Magna.

I don't think we would need a reboot. A good thing to do would be either tales told by the Turaga, or parts of the story that were never, or at the very least, barely, touched upon, such as the reign of the Barraki, or the Matoran Civil War. The show could even go in the direction of the up and coming Star Wars live action series that focuses on the underworld, or, in this case, on the Dark Hunters, and possibly Brotherhood.

We have a lot to explore, and don't need to reboot the whole dang series.

And before you mention how dark my ideas are, just remember that the books were also pretty dark, but they were written in a way that kids could comprehend and enjoy without feeling like they were reading a horror novel. The same could go for a TV show.

~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg