Bionicle Tv Series?

X-Ray

If only Marvel did a Bionicle cartoon... just saying. That would be awesome, but it will never happen.

Coming Soon! Improved version of my epic from the old forums.

So I stopped following the Bionicle storyline after Metru-Nui... if anyone knows of anywhere I can read up on it to catch up pm me with a link.

I'd like a TV series to be the same style as the mini movies/commercials/the legend reborn,because they all look exactly like the sets,and not the original 3 BIONICLE movies which looked NOTHING like the sets.I'd like something for all the years,like this:Season 1: Tales of the Matoran(not Tohunga otherwise the Maori tribe would sue LEGO again...).Season 2: The coming of the Toa.Season 3: Battle for Mata-nui(an all-out battle between the Matoran and the infected Rahi,as well as the Toa fighting Makuta).Season 4: The terror of the Bohrok swarms.Season 5: Defeat of the Bohrok swarms.Season 6: Attack of the Bohrok-Kal.Season 7: The mask of light.Season 8: Legends of Metru-nui.Season 9: The web of shadows.Season 10: The Toa Inika.Season 11: The battle for Voya-Nui.Season 12: Creeps from the deep.Season 13: The league of six kingdoms.Season 14: The barakki vs the Toa Mahri.Season 15: Karda-nui.Season 16: Shadows in the sky.Season 16: Swamp of secrets.Season 17: Bara-magna.Season 18: The Glatorian legends.Season 19: Secrets revealed.Season 20: The final battle.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

I'd like a TV series to be the same style as the mini movies/commercials/the legend reborn,because they all look exactly like the sets,and not the original 3 BIONICLE movies which looked NOTHING like the sets.I'd like something for all the years,like this:Season 1: Tales of the Matoran(not Tohunga otherwise the Maori tribe would sue LEGO again...).Season 2: The coming of the Toa.Season 3: Battle for Mata-nui(an all-out battle between the Matoran and the infected Rahi,as well as the Toa fighting Makuta).Season 4: The terror of the Bohrok swarms.Season 5: Defeat of the Bohrok swarms.Season 6: Attack of the Bohrok-Kal.Season 7: The mask of light.Season 8: Legends of Metru-nui.Season 9: The web of shadows.Season 10: The Toa Inika.Season 11: The battle for Voya-Nui.Season 12: Creeps from the deep.Season 13: The league of six kingdoms.Season 14: The barakki vs the Toa Mahri.Season 15: Karda-nui.Season 16: Shadows in the sky.Season 16: Swamp of secrets.Season 17: Bara-magna.Season 18: The Glatorian legends.Season 19: Secrets revealed.Season 20: The final battle.-CDP

With a plan like that you'd basically be just setting yourself up for disappointment when it stops being successful and gets cancelled-- more disappointment even than the actual toyline's cancellation, perhaps, because at least the main BIONICLE story kept itself flexible so it could bring things to a relative close on short notice if sales began to dwindle. As it is, though, do you honestly believe that it would be wise to create a TV series like this with the intention of it lasting 20 seasons? That to me seems pointlessly ambitious.

With a plan like that you'd basically be just setting yourself up for disappointment when it stops being successful and gets cancelled-- more disappointment even than the actual toyline's cancellation, perhaps, because at least the main BIONICLE story kept itself flexible so it could bring things to a relative close on short notice if sales began to dwindle. As it is, though, do you honestly believe that it would be wise to create a TV series like this with the intention of it lasting 20 seasons? That to me seems pointlessly ambitious.
It should be at least 10, (6 if you combine the storylines into each season like 1-3 will be the Mata Nui series with Metru Nui in it revealing the past (Also helps ltell how the masks of light and time got there and how the matoran did too) insted of the metru series being its own seasons, and the voya and marhi series in one season with one half voya then after the first half, the next being marhi, while karda nui, bara magna and the final battle having their own) and if it goes well, then a new season after the main series could be the aftermath of the war.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I am not all for it either. It would be nice with a season for every year which would fit in nicely. Alot of this seems idealistic. Also romance? No just no -_- .

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

If they had the proper money to hire good voice actors and quality animators, I think Bionicle could be a super quality mini-series. I don't know about a perpetual TV show that piles situation after situation, villain after villain, but a mini-series with a definite, advancing story arc could be sweet. If nothing else, it'd be visually entertaining.

If they had the proper money to hire good voice actors and quality animators, I think Bionicle could be a super quality mini-series. I don't know about a perpetual TV show that piles situation after situation, villain after villain, but a mini-series with a definite, advancing story arc could be sweet. If nothing else, it'd be visually entertaining.

Defnitely. Ninjago is doing well, so why not Bionicle? Obviously because the theme is gone.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Bionicle was originally planned for 21 years of story, but we saw how that turned out. 20 years is not realistic, and I think 10 is still to much. Also, having metru nui come before mata nui could work but I am not really sure about it, because the origional story was good to.

Alright, a more organized thing:Season 1: Mata-nui.Season 2: The Bohrok swarms.Season 3: The mask of light.Season 4: Tales of Metru-nui.Season 5: The war for the mask of life.Season 6: Karda-nui: the world that feeds the worlds.Season 7: The final battle.There,more organized,7 seasons-much more simpler than 20.Also,having 2001-2003 have each of their own seasons,and 2004-2005 and 2006-2007 merged into two different seasons,and 2008,one half of the season is Phantoka,then it's Mistika,and 2009-2010 also being merged into one season,because the story was rushed.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Alright, a more organized thing:Season 1: Mata-nui.Season 2: The Bohrok swarms.Season 3: The mask of light.Season 4: Tales of Metru-nui.Season 5: The war for the mask of life.Season 6: Karda-nui: the world that feeds the worlds.Season 7: The final battle.There,more organized,7 seasons-much more simpler than 20.Also,having 2001-2003 have each of their own seasons,and 2004-2005 and 2006-2007 merged into two different seasons,and 2008,one half of the season is Phantoka,then it's Mistika,and 2009-2010 also being merged into one season,because the story was rushed.-CDP

That's much more reasonable. Seven seasons is still a lot to expect going in, but it's far better than twenty, and more along the lines of what I think could have been expected in terms of success if BIONICLE had a high-quality TV series running from its first year on.

If only Marvel did a Bionicle cartoon... just saying. That would be awesome, but it will never happen.

A cartoon? The comic artists can barely draw them. How could they draw them well without making them look like robots?
Well, they do already look like robots based on the set forms alone. That said, there's the biomechanical feel of the original trilogy that could perhaps totally work, though perhaps instead of CGI, it could be animated in cel format.I'd also like to see a lot of the voice actors from the trilogy (in the unlikely chance that there is a show) come back to do their respective characters. Though maybe have Frank Welker or David Kaye voice Makuta. It would be glorious, yeeesss.

plop

• 2 weeks later...

ok,here is my opinion on all of this. one, i have to say no to the bionicle characters looking exactly like the sets, in the first 3 movies they added made them look more wholesome and realistic, if they made them look like the sets it will be like the mata nui online game all over again with holes going through their bodies (no offense i did enjoy those none the less). two, make it not cgi, make more like an anime and make them more of a balance then looking completely like robots, mix in more organic, give them that bio mechanic feel like when you read the books. three, no skipping through the story and plot so fast, thats what i hated about the movies, they went by so fast, good series always have good wholesome episodes, with drama, plot, action (and yes, romance, for all of you who cringe on that thought, remember it would make it more in depth to go into the social aspect of the bionicle universe.). and lastly, four, i think blood and a little (just a tad) of swearing is in order, to add that final touch. its nice to have it feel more wholesome.. i dont think i can emphasize that point enough. this is just my opinion and i hope it counts for something

All hail the empire that runs the universe! the toa empire is a bionicle fan club on xbox live, we run contests, play games and have fun. for the will of mata nui is to keep bionicle alive. forget hero factory, thats something to keep the next generation appeased, bionicle was ours,so let us embrace it, and toa supremacy.

join us on our conquest of the known universes as we make lego see the mistake of giving up on bionicle! (we do have cookies! ^_^)

ok,here is my opinion on all of this. one, i have to say no to the bionicle characters looking exactly like the sets, in the first 3 movies they added made them look more wholesome and realistic, if they made them look like the sets it will be like the mata nui online game all over again with holes going through their bodies (no offense i did enjoy those none the less). two, make it not cgi, make more like an anime and make them more of a balance then looking completely like robots, mix in more organic, give them that bio mechanic feel like when you read the books. three, no skipping through the story and plot so fast, thats what i hated about the movies, they went by so fast, good series always have good wholesome episodes, with drama, plot, action (and yes, romance, for all of you who cringe on that thought, remember it would make it more in depth to go into the social aspect of the bionicle universe.). and lastly, four, i think blood and a little (just a tad) of swearing is in order, to add that final touch. its nice to have it feel more wholesome.. i dont think i can emphasize that point enough. this is just my opinion and i hope it counts for something

Blood and swearing are out of the question - Lego would never allow either of those in anything associated with one of their products. Romance would also be highly unlikely, as GregF has stated romance is not canonical as far as the MU is concerned.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Blood and swearing are out of the question - Lego would never allow either of those in anything associated with one of their products. Romance would also be highly unlikely, as GregF has stated romance is not canonical as far as the MU is concerned.
Hold your horses there. While I reckon LEGO will never include blood in a non-licensed theme (except maybe in a comedic vein, such as a vampire given a flask of the stuff), they HAVE included it in licensed themes: the wounded Anakin Skywalker from the Star Wars Episode III sets showed bleeding wounds.And I wouldn't 100% rule out romance, seeing as if such a TV series was made here after BIONICLE has ended, it could require rebooting the story. In that case, pretty much anything goes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

[...]it would be quite hard for them to go wrong in the writing department, unless they completely destroy the Bionicle storyline.

I bet they'd hack it to bits with an axe. :PNah, I think this would actually work, because I have a theory:Instead of begging LEGO to make media, we should get permission from LEGO to get it made ourselves. If a bunch of us chip in, we could perhaps raise enough funding to do something like this. I like the idea of anime, but the characters MUST be non-human CONSTANTLY. None of the human-with-armour stuff we've seen all too much of.Keeping to canon, like books that never got a spotlight or the online serials sounds nice too, and works with the episodic nature of TV. Hewkii and Macku need a romance element, even if no other guys do. :)

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

There's a huge "if" factor here. It would only happen if BIONICLE returned.So let's say that happened. Let's say that BIONICLE came back, say ... in 2016 or something. That's probably the earliest it realistically could return. Instead of promotion through comics and media of that ilk, it's possible that LEGO wished to promote it via a TV show. Hero Factory's continued success is the only way that LEGO will be convinced that "constraction" lines still have a market, and it will probably be axed after it becomes too old for it to be new and exciting to the target audience.This is the only way that BIONICLE could ever become a revenant line.Now, Hero Factory has its own specials on TV. If those continue to be successful for LEGO and in the promotion of Hero Factory itself, LEGO will most likely continue them. However, TV shows such as those are conducive to lines that are already in and of themselves episodic. Let's face it, there's not much overarching story in Hero Factory.If LEGO brought back BIONICLE in a multi-year epic saga style, they would most likely rethink the idea of tying a TV show into the storyline. The comics are a lot easier to build an overarching storyline with because they can be accessed by fans at any time. (I'm thinking of the younger folks here.) The most you could do with a TV show would be a two-part special.Age ranges are the key here. Like most fans, I'd love to see a TV show with a long saga. A lot of highly acclaimed shows are of that style, after all. But LEGO would be concerned that the week-to-week nuances, foreshadowing, and storyline would be lost amongst their younger viewers, and losing viewership means potentially losing sales as well, so LEGO probably just wouldn't risk that happening.Thus, it comes down to three realistic options with regards to a BIONICLE TV show, should it ever return: the story would become episodic with a TV show, the story would become more episodic without a TV show, or the story would return to its saga style without a TV show. I mention the second possibility because since BIONICLE is different than Hero Factory - even if its sets are only superficially different in construction - LEGO may decide for a number of reasons that a TV show would not be needed.The inner fan inside me is screaming for a TV show that binds into the saga style of BIONICLE's '01-'10 run, but it's not something that's even remotely realistic. I'm not against the idea - and I think it could be done well - but overall I don't think it's needed for BIONICLE's return, and even if it did, there's no guarantee it would even be good.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

As stated above, we don't even know if a Bionicle tv series would be any good. The Legend Reborn sucked mainly because of Mark Baldo and the Hero Factory episodes while fit for the target audience seemed pretty dumbed down as well. I guess the problem lies with whether whoever is producing a Bionicle series would even take it seriously at all.

evangelyne.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, Marvel would never do a Bionicle cartoon. If anything, DC Comics would do it, because they used to distribute the Bionicle comics.

There's a huge "if" factor here. It would only happen if BIONICLE returned.[...]Age ranges are the key here. Like most fans, I'd love to see a TV show with a long saga. A lot of highly acclaimed shows are of that style, after all. But LEGO would be concerned that the week-to-week nuances, foreshadowing, and storyline would be lost amongst their younger viewers, and losing viewership means potentially losing sales as well, so LEGO probably just wouldn't risk that happening.

Firstly, Star Trek, people, Star Trek.And secondly, hey, all of those elements worked for Avatar: The Last Airbender (which was originally made as a "kids show"), which was a completely new idea. With Bionicle's momentum from the established fandom and the right people with the right tools, it could work there too. :akaku: X-Ray :akaku: Edited by X-Ray

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

I think they should use the old American way of animating, animating cels and that stuff. But aside from that, blood is out of the question for MU beings, but maybe for the Bara Magnians. Romance could work for Bara magma but not sO much for the MU. If anything, it needs to be more horrific in design for te villains in order to get a better feel (maybe Tim Burton could help visualize it) since the story can get dark. I guess the glatorian and agora could look more human since they are not organic, (and to help people relate o the show) but its out of the question whether the Toa, Turaga, and matoran should look human

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Most Marvel cartoons are very good, yes, but many are ill-fated.Wolverine and the X-Men - cancelled during productionSpectacular Spider-Man - cancelled during production.Iron Man: Armored Adventures was thiiiis close but managed to hop back onto air.And The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is probably doomed for cancellation because they've waited far too long to air new episodes. Tying in your cartoon with an upcoming movie probably isn't the best marketing plan if the movie comes more than a year after your first season finale.

Actually, i would think so, if the art is done correctly, and the bionicles ARE not humans, and the story is based strongly to the original canon storyline, form the books and MNOG, to the finally battle. I would love to make the bionicle series in magna/comic form that retells the whole bionicle story starting from the toa mata's first arrive, tho. :) But anyways, if done correctly, it could work out to the one of the best animated TV shows i've ever seen.edit: also i would keep the romance as minimal as it is in the orginal canon series. Maybe make the violence stay the same, with a little more violence, well if they do make it, make the uncut episodes keep swearing in it, if they decide to use swearing.

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Forget the swearing, it doesn't improve the story at all. (Unless "Son of a Piraka!" or something like that.)But I think this is a good idea. Don't get me wrong, it is not something Lego will do. Ever. At least not the way fans want it. But a Bionicle TV series would be enjoyable. If fans made it, there would be a lot of debating. Conclusion: We're never gonna get a perfect tv series from fans OR Lego. Bionicle Next Generation seems to be good, but it's slow as Karz in getting ready. I do have an idea though, and I once wrote revised versions of 2001-2003 in book form. So PM me if you're interested. Aside from that, we can all dream, right? :P

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Most swearing is relevant to human or animal related things, so that wouldn't really work.Not to mention that swearing would make parents all uptight about the show.

Yeah I see, but oh well I don't think it would effect the story much. they could use bionicle swear terms like Tahu Nuva Golden said "Son of a piraka!" XD but anyways, i would like the animation more anime typish, it could fit bionicle if done correctly.

Most swearing is relevant to human or animal related things, so that wouldn't really work.Not to mention that swearing would make parents all uptight about the show.

Yeah I see, but oh well I don't think it would effect the story much. they could use bionicle swear terms like Tahu Nuva Golden said "Son of a piraka!" XD but anyways, i would like the animation more anime typish, it could fit bionicle if done correctly.
No. Please no. I do not wish to see Bionicle reduced to a Japanese cheesecake swearfest. Ugh.

No. Please no. I do not wish to see Bionicle reduced to a Japanese cheesecake swearfest. Ugh.
XD Well i actually would be okay with that, wow i sure feel like weird person. But yeah, I guess swearing would turn into a "japanese cheescake swearfest", well whatever that mean. Oh well.

XD Well i actually would be okay with that, wow i sure feel like weird person. But yeah, I guess swearing would turn into a "japanese cheescake swearfest", well whatever that mean. Oh well.
"Japanese cheesecake swearfest" was a reference to the fact that you wanted it anime-styled with swearing in it. In my opinion, that is the opposite of Bionicle's smoothly flowing epic style, and thus be murderous to everything Bionicle is. Anime isn't science fantasy with moral lessons worked in; from what I understand of it it is emotional exploration of people's real life issues and comic action just for the sake of comic action. It's like pulp fiction. "Cheesecake" refers to it being short on story value. Though that term makes me laugh out loud now that I think on it. Edited by fishers64

"Japanese cheesecake swearfest" was a reference to the fact that you wanted it anime-styled with swearing in it. In my opinion, that is the opposite of Bionicle's smoothly flowing epic style, and thus be murderous to everything Bionicle is. Anime isn't science fantasy with moral lessons worked in; from what I understand of it it is emotional exploration of people's real life issues and comic action just for the sake of comic action. It's like pulp fiction. "Cheesecake" refers to it being short on story value.Though that term makes me laugh out loud now that I think on it.
Hehe, i see what you mean. I'm probably okay with it because, well I only followed the main storyline, and read the comics, never really read the books(well i have a long time ago, but forgot what happens in them). Right now im on Chronicles #2. So, i'll see how my thoughts of swearing will change. And yeah, well I would say that MOST anime isn't science fiction with moral lessons worked in, im sure(not 100% sure), that there are some anime/manga that are similar to bionicle's story telling ways. Anyways, thanks for the explanation, and not, well raging on me, cuz i think i was a bit annoying when i responded at times, well maybe. Anyways, its all up to me to read the books, but yeah, I think im starting to see why swearing would not work in Bionicle. Though, bionicle as anime done right would be awsome, since bionicle's storyline is long and complicated enough(from what i heard from others) to make an anime IMO. Plus, it will seem like something totally new to anime, just bio mechanical beings as main characters, instead of humans piloting giant robots(not saying giant mech anime is bad, I love it, just using it for comparsion). So, yeah i'll probably minimize swearing in my future bionicle stories. Edited by Kv195

I think they should use the old American way of animating, animating cels and that stuff. But aside from that, blood is out of the question for MU beings, but maybe for the Bara Magnians. Romance could work for Bara magma but not sO much for the MU. If anything, it needs to be more horrific in design for te villains in order to get a better feel (maybe Tim Burton could help visualize it) since the story can get dark. I guess the glatorian and agora could look more human since they are not organic, (and to help people relate o the show) but its out of the question whether the Toa, Turaga, and matoranshould look human

For the love of Mata Nui, Hapori Tohu, and all that is good, do not give Tim Burton and invitation to work on this project. Ever. This is supposed to be a kids-and-family show, after all. :akaku: X-Ray :akaku: Edited by X-Ray

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

I think they should use the old American way of animating, animating cels and that stuff. But aside from that, blood is out of the question for MU beings, but maybe for the Bara Magnians. Romance could work for Bara magma but not sO much for the MU. If anything, it needs to be more horrific in design for te villains in order to get a better feel (maybe Tim Burton could help visualize it) since the story can get dark. I guess the glatorian and agora could look more human since they are not organic, (and to help people relate o the show) but its out of the question whether the Toa, Turaga, and matoranshould look human

For the love of Mata Nui, Hapori Tohu, and all that is good, do not give Tim Burton and invitation to work on this project. Ever. This is supposed to be a kids-and-family show, after all. :akaku: X-Ray :akaku:
Tim Burton can be family-friendly. Just look at his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't know if his typically dark, whimsical style would suit BIONICLE, though. And getting him to work on a TV show for a LEGO toyline would be a pipe dream even if BIONICLE were still around and enjoying massive success.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Although I do agree that a Bionicle tv show should not be in Anime format, I wince at hearing it being called 'cheesecake'. Anime is the Japanese version of 'cartoon' shows and there are obviously going to be content that are normal within the Japanese language and culture but which may translate as 'cheesecake' or just plain off in western cultures. And also take note that must media entertainment have their own stockpile of cheesecake quality productions among their diamonds in the rough and Anime should be treated no differently. I personally can't see Bionicle working in Tim Burton's surrealistic style. Bionicle having a sense of mystery? Most definitely. Creepy surrealism? No, it wouldn't be Bionicle.

sherlock4.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I know that the idea of a Bionicle TV show would be fun, and I'm a little jealous that Hero Factory got one. But as long as there's no Bionicle sets coming out, I don't think Lego will make Bionicle for TV. That definately doesn't stop anyone from doing a fan made series online, though.

I say the animation should be either TLR or like in the promo vids and mini movies. Come on, wasn't that how the great old years of '01 started? A set WAS THE character, not a representation made from plastic of a far more humanlike and organic creature that is so frequently seen in General Art. There wasn't a single imagining of such an idea until the movies came out, and even then, they were close to the sets. In TLR the people making the movie realized the folly of this idea and made them even MORE set-like. Facial expressions? Limit it to the eyes instead of DEFORMING AND WARPING THE ENTIRE HEAD STRUCTURE OF EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER. Also, who gives a Karz about moving mouths on Toa? They're wearing MASKS. When I first saw MoL, I was like "How are they moving the masks with their mouths like that?" And I was 7. Sure, Piraka, Barraki, other non-Kanohi wearers could use moving mouths. Others, like even TSO, Sidorak, Roodaka would look fine without moving mouths as they talk. The holes on their faces could easily look like speakers of some sort. That's my opinion on the animation.

Pk57sNJ.jpg