Metru Nui Online Files

NightOwlKOJ

So some time back I played Metru Nui online for youtube, and found out that the site had been taken down and was now owned by some opera site.  Regardless of the site's owner I happened to use the wayback machine and download the files of the last working version of the site, however, the login feature that it had built in no longer works.  I'm not certain if the game is fully intact within the files, but if anyone is able to fix it so that we can all enjoy this game again, let me know and I'll send you the files.

Thanks!

-NightOwlKOJ

-NightOwlKOJ

I am currently documenting and recording the Metru Nui Online Game on Youtube and Dailymotion.

My Discord: Link

(My avatar is from the Legend of the Toa total conversion mod for Skyrim.)

Whoa, you freaked me out for a second! But no, it's actually still online.

MeNOL is really the most impressive project to come out of the BIONICLE fan community - an real, functioning game that is actually complete. It would be good to get an offline version at some point for archival purposes (it can't be online forever!).

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I believe Metru Nui Online was created by BZP users -Takua- and Tula. I don't know if they're still active or if they've changed their names since then (since I'm going by information provided by the Wayback Machine), but it's possible you could get into contact with them for the files.

I know this isn't much, but given that MeNOL is still online, that would mean the server that hosts it is still online and maintained by someone, right?

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I think I downloaded all the files (three years ago, judging by the file change dates). That is, I know for sure I have files sitting here on my PC and I think they are all except for the PHP files needed for the saving, getstate etc. You can't download those so what I wanted to try is replicating the function of PHP files (they just return text so it shouldn't be too hard) but I never got around to it. I can give you the files if you need.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently brute-forcing my way through the site via an url-guessing program. There seem to be a LOT of hidden php and html files. Basically, I don't see any way to create an offline version without editing the source code. Any news on finding the creators?

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.