The Exo-Force Topic

Bonkle

Ha-Ya-To x Hitomi OTP!

...*ahem* With that out of the way... Exo-Force was fun. I really loved a lot of the sets. The online comics were an awesome way to convey the story. I was sad when the theme's last year was so lackluster, with no online comics and an unfulfilling "Who wins? YOU decide!" conclusion. It had looked like the story was gearing up for some real insights into Sensei Keiken's history with Meca-One, and it just didn't happen.

It was also disappointing how Hitomi dropped out of the story in the final year — it was a nice idea to give her interim command of the team while Keiken was captured, but not getting to see her in action meant she was effectively just written out of the story. She never got a mech that was properly hers either. And I wish we had gotten a minifigure of her in her original outfit from 2006! Just so many missed opportunities with that character, even if she was a fairly run-of-the-mill "action girl". I'm glad subsequent action/adventure themes have managed to treat some of their female characters like Nya and Eris a bit better.

The anime-inspired art style was really cool, and I loved the minifigure designs. However, since 2012 I can't help but think of how cool the characters would have been as mini-dolls like the LEGO Friends and Elves ones! As mech pilots, they don't exactly need the extra leg movement that the classic minifigure designs afford, and mini-dolls would have better reflected the more lifelike character designs used in the comics. Since the visual style of the heads was incompatible with typical minifigure faces anyway, it's not like there'd have been much loss if they had gone all the way with a separate figure design, except of course for minifigure customizers who would no longer be able to use those costumes with traditional minifigure heads. And they even already had the rubber hair! :P

• Upvote 2

The Storm Lasher* is one of my favorite vehicles (though i never owned any sets from EF) although the mechs from the first year, despite their frail builds do have soem of the most charm to them. o:

however depsite my never getting any, Exo-Force was indeed one of my favorite Lego themes AND probably my favorite mecha genre-thing.

howver if it came back, one requirement i feel would be it needs a real actual anime, that would complete it i think. :u

(it's also the source of red plus rods and robot arms! which have been used uncountable times since!)

*wish it had more bulk to its body than just a cockpit though...

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Exo-Force was my Bionicle before Bionicle. I followed it closely during its three year run, and it's a shame that it hasn't been reincarnated yet. I only every got a handful of sets, which is very disappointing since the bulk of them had amazing designs. 
I also bought the Sonic Phantom and the Mobile Tank recently from ebay. My brother destroyed it the other day, so I'll have to see how long it takes for me to actually get off my bum and fix it (same with my entire Bionicle 2015 collection).

bZpOwEr