Become a Hero (or Villain)

Hapori Tohu

The day will come, at some point, when people complain about Bionicle having replaced Hero Factory, that awesome theme that introduced us to CCBS. If you enjoyed the characters and settings from the line and want to continue the adventures of the heroes of Makuhero City, then you should check out the Hero Factory RPG 2.0. A recent addition to the LEGO RPG forum, you can take the role of a hero, villain, or civilian and work to complete missions or thwart them. Game Master fishers64 has kicked off the first mission on Tranquis VII, and there are sure to be plenty more missions to come. So what are you waiting for? Make a character and get playing!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

... Seriously? No one with only the vaguest idea of what a good lego theme is, would complain about HF getting it's inevitable shutdown. It wasn't the worst ever (Mixels... *Shudder*), but it was pretty poor.

However, I do think the RPG is a great idea: HF could have been really good too. It was in interesting setting, but the story was poorly executed. RPGs can fix that with a good gamemaster. Kudos to Fisher64 for making this, and may your dice ever roll crits [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

... Seriously? No one with only the vaguest idea of what a good lego theme is, would complain about HF getting it's inevitable shutdown. It wasn't the worst ever (Mixels... *Shudder*), but it was pretty poor.

buddy, now you're just asking for an epic Mixels RPG to emmerge from the depths and gather steam. :v

Anyway, i took a lookit this not too long ago because i was p shocked to see the concept of an HF rpg, i'm still garbage at rp but, i did find the HF setting to be interesting, plus the villains were always neat. :b

• Upvote 6

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

buddy, now you're just asking for an epic Mixels RPG to emerge from the depths and gather steam. :v

On it.

I want to congratulate Fishers64 for getting a project featured; Nicely done!

• Upvote 1

People have different ideas of "what a good LEGO theme is", you know. And the things that people grow up with tend to have special meaning for them even if they're not of outstanding quality. I've seen quite a few discussions on the LEGO Message Boards either petitioning for Hero Factory to come back, mourning its cancellation, or expressing hopes that it might not be gone for good. There have been discussions here and on other sites asking how RoboRiders, a Bionicle forerunner that failed miserably due to a flimsy story and unrelatable characters, could be brought back. With that in mind, what makes you think the much more successful Hero Factory theme would not be missed?

Besides that, Mixels is an incredible theme that truly exemplifies the LEGO spirit of play and creativity with imaginative and humorous builds that encourage free-form customization. You can't measure a theme's quality by how seriously you can take it when it's a theme that's not meant to be taken seriously in the first place.

• Upvote 4

Even though I never got into HF when it was active, I still think it's cool seeing a Hero Factory RPG on the forum. I don't know if I'll join it or not. It just depends if I have the free time to do so.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

buddy, now you're just asking for an epic Mixels RPG to emmerge from the depths and gather steam. :v

Anyway, i took a lookit this not too long ago because i was p shocked to see the concept of an HF rpg, i'm still garbage at rp but, i did find the HF setting to be interesting, plus the villains were always neat. :b

1. One of the things that this RPG will try to do is explore potential that HF left off at the pass and try to fix some of the crummy decisions that left said potential at said pass.

2. If you want to start a Mixels RPG, welcome to the Lego RPG forum. We have, like, no activity there, so if you've ever wanted to start a Lego RPG in your life...let the free-for-all begin.

3. Everyone is welcome to play. If you've never played a RPG in your life, welcome to the party and don't be afraid of all the expierianced RPers who are trying to steal all the fun. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and we'll fit you in. :)