Tsaiz-Kuluu and Skrall Helmet

The Hip Historian Iaredios

In ages past, before the rise of the Great Beings and when giants (called Jirapa) held control over civilized Spherus Magna, one man defied these shadow-worshipers, and his name was Greani Ateir. Settling the land of Neala, and founding Ateiropolis (later called Atero) and the other major cities of Neala (Tajun, Iconox, etc), he had an interesting ideas in mind. He knew of nothing that could vanquish a whole mountain under the course of a single siege, so he created the plans to forge a grand castle out of a mountain. The heroic skrall died in battle against said giants before he could see this project gain heavy development, but over the course of 200 or so years, his descendants made this dream a reality. Unfortunately, the collapse of the Kingdom of Neala and the region's fragmentation to city-states led to it's abandonment by Atero's forces. The Ruunic Ostonigosa (meaning Bone Hunters in Nealite Agoric, and [of the] West in Old Geroikoi tongues, respectively) took over the abandoned castle, finding it to a be treasure. They named the mighty site Tsaiz-Kuluu, which is Ostonigosan for Mountain Fortress; others called it Gatherer's Stronghold. Since then, it was the capital of the Element Lord of Lightning and various qaghanates that have risen and fallen through out the centuries. Many have tried to take it, but this world wonder still stands to this day under the control of these lords of the arid planes. (More info can be found here.)

Now that history class is over, lo and behold, Tsaiz-Kuluu!

tsaiz-kuluu_minor_edit1.png

I apologize I couldn't put in some of the more finer details I initially planned, like little stairs, wooden stakes in some parts of the mountain side, a Bone Hunter to ride that rock-steed. I just lost interest after trying to make the mountain part of the fortress as perfect as possible. I purposefully didn't draw all of Tsaiz-Kuluu in the picture because I wanted to do some scenery, so sorry if you are disappointed by that.  Anyway, I hope you liked both the picture and the little story behind it.

}----|]I||I[|----{

Now here is a picture of a post-Greani Skrallite Helmet, when the Kingdom of Neala was at it's height and afford to forge such great and detailed pieces of armor (specifically for Skrall soldiers in this case). Since then, though adapted to change throughout the ages, this is the basic form of a Skallite Helmet, be it Nealite or lands yonder.

a_rude_awakening_unfinished_skrall_helme

I have had this done for a while now, but I thought I would give it's own topic (sharing space though). Also, keep in mind that this was just concept art for possible future skrall-based drawings. If you look at the helmet I have designed and compare it to the set form, you will see many similarities. The flagpole is supposed to be fastened to the helmet through twisting slots, while that specific flag itself is the flag of Greani (taken after the natural lines that form on skrall around the chest, back, and shoulders). And on the forehead, there is supposed to be a metalwork design that is unique to each skrall and the stylistic lines are painted. As such, helmets like this in post-Shattering Spherus Magna under the Jirapatine Empire (of whom Tuma was the last ruler of) are only crafted for skrall that have proven themselves worthy of a personal identity (such as Branar), and this helmet vividly shows that off.

}----|]I||I[|----{

Thanks for looking at my topic and art, and kudos to you if you actually read the descriptions that came before each picture. C&C is most welcome. :) 

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I read it somehow.

Very nice, and good job on the clouds. :P

Well then, I hoped you enjoyed it all!

Thanks. I think the clouds could have been done better, but thanks once again.

I find the picture to be more immersive if you have fitting music, such as this. I made Tsaiz-Kuluu to that kind of stuff.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light