Metru Nui Online Game Walkthrough

Naota Takizawa

Does anyone have a working link to a walkthrough for this game? The archives were wiped out so the walkthrough posted is missing and looking for it on google hasn't worked. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I believe this might be better fit for Fan-Created Media.

EDIT: I remember playing this game back before the Great Crash of whenever, but I don't have any trace of it's walk through, sorry. It was fun for being a fan-made flash game.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I've been going through the wayback machine looking for the walkthrough.

Unfortunately, it seems the pages that had it were not archived, both before and after a forum error in late 2008 that caused us to lose a bunch of posts. Annoyingly, a sever error was archived instead of the actual topic. And that frustrates me, because I remember being the one to retrieve the walkthrough from a google cache at the time. Unfortunately, I didn't save it. The walkthrough itself was written by Lloyd: The White Wolf, a member, who as far as I know, is no longer active. 

The only way you could 'retrieve' said walkthrough is to remake it, as I see it, unless some of you can work wayback or google cache magic, and I can't. 

I will tell you what I recall, however. Be warned, because I might not be right -I am going off of memory alone here. Spoiler reason: MeNOL spoilers. 

Akilini isn't required for the plot, mostly. 

There are around five or so endings. Jail, Brotherhood, Anarchist, Brotherhood + Anarchist, and the Put-Into-Matoran-Sphere ending, IIRC. There was also talk about a sixth ending involving the airship in Le-Koro, but I've never managed to verify it out of well, not really desiring to. 

There's a bunch of side quests, and IIRC there are at least two locations that don't appear on the chute map until you do some of them. I think one of them is the Ga-Koro Temple.

There's a 'hidden' jail in one of the Po-koro areas. 

The in-game time is directly tied to your computer's clock. Somewhat annoyingly or rather nifty, if you like that kind of thing, whether or not and where a NPC is can depend on the time. 

There is a limited number of Akilini tournaments before the 'end' of the game begins. Do too much and you'll get pretty much the worst ending. Or at least, playing a bunch of them triggers the end sequence and then therefore your chosen ending.

Like MNOG I and II, a bunch of items have their uses. 

This isn't the first MeNOL - ages ago there was another, but it was bigger and I believe unfinished, prompting this one to be on a smaller ,more manageable scale.

Try and speak to everyone as much as possible, show them as much as possible, use as much as you can as possible. Visit locations at different times, and try and see if you can find any hidden stuff. There's a few cutscenes too, I believe there's at least in Ta-Metru and one in Po-Metru. 

If anyone else played MeNOL when it came out and can add to this, please do so. 

MeNOL was basically one of the best things to come out of FCG (my goodness, it's media now?) back in the day. Quite a few good games came from it... 

Edited by IMPULSIBLE: OSTRICH MASTER

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I got thrown in jail multiple times, but how would I achieve the brotherhood ending? Do I get all the tablet pieces? I also managed to get to the Great Temple in Ga-Metru, but where the heck do I get raw protodermis? I can hit Vahki with the throwing disks, but I can't leave the area with them in Po-Metru or enter the tower in Ko-Metru, any hints?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.