3D-Printable Custom Kanohi Designs

Click

Well, I've been 3D modelling for nearly three years now, but only in the last six months or so have I turned to designing pieces for 3D printing. And now, I am finally ready to show off the fruits of my labors:

Kanohi Arkahna, Mask of Tension

arkahnaanimationreduced.gif

"Kanohi Arkahna, Mask of Tension. Allows the user to visualize the stress and compression of objects within their view. Example usages include analyzing a structure for weak points or even locating footsteps in a darkened room."

This mask was designed for my self-MOC based on a concept I have been drawing for years. Just in the past few months, I gave it a drastic revamp and finally finished 3D modelling it for printing. Here it is, displayed on the current WIP of my Self-MOC.

Shapeways Link

Kanohi Angaru, Mask of Splitting

blueanimatedreduced.gif

"Kanohi Angaru, Mask of Splitting. The mask which allows the user to duplicate his or herself. However, each time the user duplicates, their power is divided in half, as is their size."

This mask was designed as part of a Bionicle Art Squad challenge, and I took the opportunity to model one of my old Kanohi concepts for 3D printing.

Both of these masks are available on Shapeways for a decent price in a wide variety of materials, and I hope to have a few more projects up there soon.
  • Upvote 6

And so your labors are most fruitful, dear artisan!

If I wasn't saving up for a Steam Machine I'd definitely buy these masks (and a boatload of other custom masks). And the masks actually have worthwhile powers, something Bionicle was starting to lose what with extra masks everywhere (fate and luck being separate? What the...), so nice job devising those.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

These are really thoughtful! I already really liked the masks when I saw them on tumblr, and they look really cool on your mocs! :D

Any chance you'll be doing more?

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

I'm glad you guys like them!

Any chance you'll be doing more?

I'm actually working on finishing up a commission right now, and that's taking up most of my time, but we'll see where things go after that. I'd like to do some comic masks or some concept art, but maybe I'll try some more custom designs. I do have plenty of them sitting in my sketchbook.