Whenua Hordika Revamp

Click

Well, here's another MOC from my Flickr galleries that I've been meaning to upload. I've always imagined that Visorak Venom doesn't cause such a drastic change as it does in the sets and movies. Much of the Metru's armor would still be there, but with spikes and extra armor grown through it. I've drawn this concept before (poorly), but this year I realized that the new Bionicle 2015 armor pieces have pretty much the perfect aesthetic for a Hordika/Metru foot, and so Whenua Hordika Revamped was born:

18097112254_5aeccb96f0_n.jpg

Flickr Gallery

Some interesting things to note include the opening jaw, the posable shoulders and waist, and the working spinner. So, comment, critique, and hopefully enjoy!

• Upvote 7

Nice job! :) I never owned any of the Hordika, but your MOC looks like a much more fleshed-out version of the thin Whenua Hordika design.  The arms, legs, and torso all look much more like a Toa's!  The green stud in the middle is also a nice splash of color!

I rarely see a hordika revamp and you have done it justice. I love the weapon arm and how you created a closed back. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Why do i feel like i've seen this before?

Jangbricks did a "full-Hordika" revamp a few years ago. Maybe that's what you're recalling?http://www.jangbricks.com/2009/09/bionicle-mocs-hordika-not-toa.html

Edited by Jacquestodian Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Maybe he was 

Jangbricks did a "full-Hordika" revamp a few years ago. Maybe that's what you're recalling?http://www.jangbricks.com/2009/09/bionicle-mocs-hordika-not-toa.html

Maybe he was referring to my Movie style Whenua I made a while back before the great archive clearing. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=498962

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I really like what you've done here, he looks quite gorilla-like, which is exactly what I imagine the Hordika to be like... I'm personally not sold on the posable mouth, but its a decent attempt :)

I wasn't exactly going for the gorilla look, but I like that it turned out that way. It suits Whenua. Of course, if I was building Nokama or Matau, it would be quite different.

Ah well, you can't please everyone. Whenua's mask seemed to fit a mouth, but I just wish I had that piece in black...

I rarely see a hordika revamp and you have done it justice.

Yeah, I haven't seen many either, and that was one reason why I built it. So many characters with so little representation...

Maybe he was referring to my Movie style Whenua I made a while back before the great archive clearing. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=498962

Or maybe it's the fact that this MOC has been sitting in my Flickr gallery for months before I bothered to post it here. I don't know though. Hordika revamps seem pretty scarce.

Well, here's another MOC from my Flickr galleries that I've been meaning to upload. I've always imagined that Visorak Venom doesn't cause such a drastic change as it does in the sets and movies. Much of the Metru's armor would still be there, but with spikes and extra armor grown through it. I've drawn this concept before (poorly), but this year I realized that the new Bionicle 2015 armor pieces have pretty much the perfect aesthetic for a Hordika/Metru foot, and so Whenua Hordika Revamped was born:

18097112254_5aeccb96f0_n.jpg

Flickr Gallery

Good MOC bro!

Edit: Please leave more constructive feedback next time!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

a32MgQ.png