Pre-ev Antroz design

Stroxx

So let me present you guys another pre-evolution Makuta:

2015_practice074_antroz_lores_by_oyee-d9

And so, Krika is not alone anymore! For the time being. I’m pretty sure they like to drink together whatever swill they can find in the MU and talk slag about Teridax.

As always comments, and CC are welcome and make me happy! =)

• Upvote 7

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

18i338d256rwgjpg.jpg

Excellent, you have done as I commanded!

I didn't think you were actually going to make Antroz. Well, you did, and he looks awesome in your art-style. :D (lips are always going to be weird though.) I wish I had the patience needed for that kind of detail and shading (I used to,,,)

...is that alcohol I spy?

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I love the art style, but I feel that the fleshy lips are out of place on such a heavily armored character. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I didn't think you were actually going to make Antroz. Well, you did, and he looks awesome in your art-style. :D (lips are always going to be weird though.) I wish I had the patience needed for that kind of detail and shading (I used to,,,)

Thanks! :D It's really just a lot of practice, I didn't spend that much time on him. XD

Maybe? (Thouhg it's definitely not for Matoran)

I love the art style, but I feel that the fleshy lips are out of place on such a heavily armored character. 

I'm much honored about the compliments, but I must object the lip opinion:

2015_practice076_notfat_copy_by_oyee-d9a

Too much potential.

Edited by Stroxx
  • Upvote 3

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Thanks! :D It's really just a lot of practice, I didn't spend that much time on him. XD

I'm much honored about the compliments, but I must object the lip opinion:

2015_practice076_notfat_copy_by_oyee-d9a

Too much potential.

What the crud? :lol:

Most matoran are around 100,000 years old, when do you think they can hang out with Antroz? Reidak looked like he was able to (and maybe that is why he was always on all fours, the mutation thing was just a planted rumor to make him look cool).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I would like to see Vamprah, but only if he is still a vampiric nightmare.

And you're thinking of Radiak, Tahuzilla.

Right right. I always mix them up. Thanks for the clarification.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

What the crud? :lol:

Most matoran are around 100,000 years old, when do you think they can hang out with Antroz? Reidak looked like he was able to (and maybe that is why he was always on all fours, the mutation thing was just a planted rumor to make him look cool).

I'm pretty sure the Brotherhood employed Matoran from time to time who would eventually wind up on Destral at or a Makuta lair at some point in their employment. (Pretty sure Ahkmou and Vultraz weren't the only ones XD)

That would also explain how he was caught and WHY Antroz chose him specifically. Bikers need company who can at least somewhat hold their drink.

I would like to see Vamprah, but only if he is still a vampiric nightmare.

And you're thinking of Radiak, Tahuzilla.

I'm getting there. He looks like the kind of vampire a Ga-Matoran'd die for.

I personally like the lips.

Also, this has been bugging at me, but is that Transformers' slang?

Yes, it is TF slang. I'm not really sure what else would fit for that context. Smelt sounds like a verb/adjective even there and scrap is just kinda "meh" for me. I'm also lazy. XD

Edited by Stroxx

I love how the details are made to resemble the actual set. And the flesh, I like the flesh. It's nice to see a biomechanical take on Bionicle every now and then.

And it seems to have the proportions of the set too! I also like how you included the details of the mask in his expression, even though I've always imagined Antroz with a different personality but that's subjective. Color is superb.

Always good to see something from ya, keep it up! :D

hidron_nuva_idea.png

I love how the details are made to resemble the actual set. And the flesh, I like the flesh. It's nice to see a biomechanical take on Bionicle every now and then.

And it seems to have the proportions of the set too! I also like how you included the details of the mask in his expression, even though I've always imagined Antroz with a different personality but that's subjective. Color is superb.

I always gravitated more toward that then versus complete accuracy to the set. Anatomy is fun and a reiteration like that holds a lot of chance! :D It does actually. I referenced it as much as possible to keep his general siluette, while also keeping in mind what would be practical for him based on what I know of him in a more peaceful setting.

My characterisation of him is very possibly off. I never could get my hands on the books that expanded on the Karda Nui events, I only live off of what I find on the wiki and the internetz. XD But I always imagined him as a laid back, confident, snarky ham.

I always gravitated more toward that then versus complete accuracy to the set. Anatomy is fun and a reiteration like that holds a lot of chance! :D It does actually. I referenced it as much as possible to keep his general siluette, while also keeping in mind what would be practical for him based on what I know of him in a more peaceful setting.

My characterisation of him is very possibly off. I never could get my hands on the books that expanded on the Karda Nui events, I only live off of what I find on the wiki and the internetz. XD But I always imagined him as a laid back, confident, snarky ham.

They guy was honorable and took military matter seriously. His sense of honor made him fight fairly with an opponent depending on their 'power level', which is rare for a makuta to do as most makuta tend to play with their enemies until either bored or agitated.

It is possible that, while not actively on duty, he was a more chill guy. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png