LEGO Bionicle Episode 16 "Unity. Duty. Destiny" Released

Hapori Tohu

The sixteenth Bionicle webisode (and the seventh for the second half of the year) has been released on LEGO.com, with a familiar-sounding title. Finally awakened by the power of the six Toa, the mask maker Ekimu explains the next task they must complete on their quest to defeat evil and save Okoto. This part of the story will be familiar to those who have read the chapter book Island of Lost Masks, but for others it might still have some surprises. Follow the link above to watch the video and see for yourself what happens!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Unity. Duty. Destiny. 

I hope we'll see more throwbacks. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

This honestly raises a lot of questions. Why was the Mask of Creation just sitting there at the entrance to the City of the Mask Makers? Why then did it take Kulta so long to snatch it? The Skulls have been active for a long time, and they appear to originate from the city itself, so this doesn't make any sense to me. The Mask should have been destroyed ages ago. Hope some explanations are forthcoming...

There's also the "They call him Skull Grinder" thing and, uh, who exactly does that? Ekimu, you were in a dang coffin for thousands of years and the Skull gang doesn't look particularly talkative. Seriously. How would you even know what they call him, even if anyone was around to call him anything....unless Kulta was around back before the whole MOUP incident, which I guess would make sense since he was probs an alive dude at some point. Raises more questions though.

Edited by the ghost of isaac newton

AXKP5KC.png

A Toa is never late, Ekimu the Mask Maker. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

I know this is a reference, but to what, I am currently at a LoSS.

It's quoting Gandalf, from Lord of Skull Spiders the Rings.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Here is the video for those who have trouble watching it on Bionicle.com, like me.

Anyways, I really like the imagery used in this episode. Especially of the forge and Makuta's face in the sky. Ekimu mistakenly thinking evil had wrecked the city, and Onua almost correcting him on it, was funny too. This scene was also in Island of Lost Masks, but I thought it was funny in that too. Which is why I enjoyed it here.

One thing I did not like was Ekimu's voice. I'm sorry, but I didn't like how the Narrator was saying his lines. It just really makes me cringe, though that is just my personal opinion on it.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I am so confused. I thought Makuta's goal was to get the masks of power, so why is he directing Kulta to destroy it?

Ooh, here's an idea for a twist. Maybe Makuta created the skull villains to get the masks, but Kulta freed himself from his control and is now working by his own prerogative to destroy the masks so that Makuta can't use them. A bit of a stretch, but it would be interesting. Maybe after something similar happens next year, for the third year Makuta awakens to do things himself.

• Upvote 1

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Man, things are getting slow because I think we have seven episodes down and two to go (unless I'm wrong), but that is a great episode. I love the G1 throwbacks, including the Three Virtues and the Makuta-night-sky-thing. That reminds me of the end of the '08 story from G1. I love that Lewa stopped Onua from talking to avoid trouble.:) Ekimu kind of sounds like Shockwave from Transformers G1. Can't wait for the Toa-Kulta confrontation.:D Hopefully, it would not be rushed, depending on the reminding episodes we will have coming up, but I think the Toa would have to fight Skull Basher first.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I really don't understand why Onua's bio says he is a wise giant. The animations pixture him as an idiot.

Not really? I mean, he's the first Toa who realized that by working together they could defeat the Lord of Skull Spiders. He was also able to keep Tahu and Kopaka from fighting. He's a Toa of few words, but so far his words and actions have been quite helpful.

And as for some of his more embarrassing moments, I suppose you can chalk it up to the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is realizing that striking the lever in the arena too hard might bring the whole arena crashing down. Wisdom is realizing that when your friend is in danger, the condition of the arena should not be your utmost concern.

You can kind of compare him to Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, except perhaps not to taken to quite such an extreme.

• Upvote 8

I really don't understand why Onua's bio says he is a wise giant. The animations pixture him as an idiot.

Not really? I mean, he's the first Toa who realized that by working together they could defeat the Lord of Skull Spiders. He was also able to keep Tahu and Kopaka from fighting. He's a Toa of few words, but so far his words and actions have been quite helpful.

And as for some of his more embarrassing moments, I suppose you can chalk it up to the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is realizing that striking the lever in the arena too hard might bring the whole arena crashing down. Wisdom is realizing that when your friend is in danger, the condition of the arena should not be your utmost concern.

You can kind of compare him to Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, except perhaps not to taken to quite such an extreme.

Yeah, like Bulkhead from Transformers Prime, Wreck-It Ralph from his movie, and the Hulk from Marvel, Onua may be big, bulky, strong, and accidentally break things, but that doesn't make him an idiot. He is just wise when he has to hit something to help his friends. In this webisode, he is just trying to be nice to Ekimu by correcting him, before Lewa stopped him, which is, again, funny.:P You see, Onua seems to be wise in helping people by fighting for them, not knowing how would sad people react when he says something.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Yes wise; clever... not so mucI-I; also I-Ionest to a fault.

jee  I-I key not workin

Edited by Mish

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

• 2 weeks later...

Word for word with the book, but always cool to see an epic moment animated. Just exposition really, but I mean... Ekimu is awake. It's a big moment for the heroes. And it really ramps the intensity and motivation up for the last two episodes this year. Really cool, though I felt the humour was a little forced. Skull Grinder's awakening was kind of abrupt too. Also, rusted Ekimu looks super cool. Constellation of Makuta felt very G1-ish. 

And Unity, Duty, Destiny... Feels good to hear those three words again.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg