Ekimu, LoSS, Skull Basher Revamps

MrSciFiGuy

I haven't MOCed in a while and buying the G2 Bionicle line has been my first experience with the new building system. So on my days off of work I thought I'd take a crack at some of the sets to revamp. Plus dealing with product photography I decided to start taking pics of sets for reviews in the future as well. So that's how all this came to be. Take a look and check out the gallery since it has all the pics.

First off is Skull Basher. I did like the original set, but I wanted to create a more full, menacing and bulky enemy that can look like he can take on Onua.

Skull_Basher_preview.jpg

Next is my favorite, a humanoid version of LoSS. I had a lot of fun tinkering with different designs and was inspired by Skull Slicer. 

Lo_SS_Revamp_preview.jpg 

And lastly is Ekimu. I really like how he came out, but wish I had more parts for a hammer, and I'm not completely in love with the idea of buying a second set of him. 

Ekimu_Revamped_preview.jpg

Thanks and let me know what you think!

Behind_the_Josh_preview.jpg

Please view the gallery that has more pictures of all the sets, including some photos of Tahu and Skull Grinder.

And bonus link to masonkh's topic for the awesome golden masks: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19322-chrome-gold-masks/

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Absolutely loving the Ekimu MOC. However, I'm struggling to find differences between your Basher and the original. The bipedal version of Loss is an interesting take, although personally I would've used the golden mask, considering that's the one he's using to control the skull spiders, and it's the one that came with the set. :P

I like that Ekimu you made. He looks really nice and imposing as a hero. The other two on the other hand, are alright in my opinion. I like how Skull Basher looks more complete, but I feel that factor takes some of the skeletal aesthetics away. The Lord of Skull Spiders' design is original, but I personally prefer gold rather than the existing silver on him.